Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why Pakistan cricket is being destroyed by PCB, a lot better players sit out for less deserving ones like Shehzad, Imam and Shoaib Malik. Shoiab Malik happened to replace Fawad in 2014 for uncricketing reason and has been part of collapses more than chases.

I can bet hat these current Pakistan XI can't even chase a 250 against a domestic side.

I personally feel Fawad Alam should migrate to other country and try to gather better livelihood. He has wasted 4 years of his career and this is sports not day job it has very limited timeline.
    PCB and this ad-hoc setup will always be cursed and ridiculed by future generations what they did to him and others how they ruined careers for a forgettable politically connected few.
    Last edited by Hamstead_joy; 13th February 2018 at 11:23.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Thank you for sharing this!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Named in 25 member camp - here is his chance to make the final cut - but can he do it?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure England is the place for him for a comeback. How did he do in county cricket?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

OMAR MUKHTAR

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does Imam-ul-Haq make it to the touring squad ahead of him?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Fawad Alam Speaking on TV

"Only selectors can answer the question about why I was not selected"
    "I did what I could in the camp but I reckon, its not in my fate (naseeb)"
    "Obviously when you are not selected in the team, you are disappointed"
    "But you need to move on and if you dont do that then you wont be able to perform in the future"

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can defect and play for another country lol.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoparCut View Post
    They're obviously not competing for the same spot, which opener is Imam blocking?

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1386 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OoparCut View Post
    Rather it looks like Saad Ali got in ahead of Fawad.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuzaifaE View Post
    They're obviously not competing for the same spot, which opener is Imam blocking?
    When you have 3 openers, you need a 4th one? Azhar can also play as one

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    When you have 3 openers, you need a 4th one? Azhar can also play as one
    Imam/Sami both learn a lot from such a tour at a young age, Fawad does not, so their bench experience is more valuable. Furthermore, Fakhar is a completely different mold of opener representing a completely different gameplan, Fawad is no such x-factor, he's completely inline with our current middle order batsmen temperamentally and stylistically. If Fawad was Maxwell, you could argue him being a very unique option in the middle order justifies a normal bench reserve for the middle order in Saad AND Fawad as a different plan B, like you can for Fakhar, but that's not the case.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuzaifaE View Post
    Imam/Sami both learn a lot from such a tour at a young age, Fawad does not, so their bench experience is more valuable. Furthermore, Fakhar is a completely different mold of opener representing a completely different gameplan, Fawad is no such x-factor, he's completely inline with our current middle order batsmen temperamentally and stylistically. If Fawad was Maxwell, you could argue him being a very unique option in the middle order justifies a normal bench reserve for the middle order in Saad AND Fawad as a different plan B, like you can for Fakhar, but that's not the case.
    Why can't a 32 year old learn? Learning is an ever growing process, even players at the age of 40 learn something new. Fawad has an impressive CV, with captaining stints at the age of 32. Our middle order has been lacking an experienced bat for a really long time now. A really big issue in the Srilanka loss of 2017 was our lack of batting strenght and stability in the middle order. With Babar Azam's consistent failures we were a side that capitulated for small totals despite a good start provided by Azhar. With no one in the backup that can survive and play a grind. Which was characteristic of Misbah and Younis's early rise in the scorching desert heat. Now young players with flare are importnat but equally important are players who can survive and play for a draw with the chips are down. We currently have no such batsman with temperament that defines a test match player. We are not talking about ODIs here, we are talking a 5 day game that requires mental strenght and ability to survive tough situations.

If batsmen like Zulqarnain Haider and Saeed Ajmal can get 50s in England, then my point is still valid that Fawad is hurting a few egos, I have no doubt he can play a solid role as the rock of our middle order.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Denmark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Why can't a 32 year old learn? Learning is an ever growing process, even players at the age of 40 learn something new. Fawad has an impressive CV, with captaining stints at the age of 32. Our middle order has been lacking an experienced bat for a really long time now. A really big issue in the Srilanka loss of 2017 was our lack of batting strenght and stability in the middle order. With Babar Azam's consistent failures we were a side that capitulated for small totals despite a good start provided by Azhar. With no one in the backup that can survive and play a grind. Which was characteristic of Misbah and Younis's early rise in the scorching desert heat. Now young players with flare are importnat but equally important are players who can survive and play for a draw with the chips are down. We currently have no such batsman with temperament that defines a test match player. We are not talking about ODIs here, we are talking a 5 day game that requires mental strenght and ability to survive tough situations.

If batsmen like Zulqarnain Haider and Saeed Ajmal can get 50s in England, then my point is still valid that Fawad is hurting a few egos, I have no doubt he can play a solid role as the rock of our middle order.
    Spot on. Fawad is batsman who Can score Big centuries. We do not have any batsman like that. Shafiq is 100 runs in One innning pr series batsman. This is enough - Fawad Alam deserve a chance. Disgraceful act by PCB and Company

DON - "Don Ko Team Se Nikalna Mushkil Hi Nahin, Namumkin Hai!":Kami

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's game over for you!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was in line, but Azhar Ali got in
    He was in line, but Asad Shafiq got in
    He was in line, but Babar Azam got in
    He was in line, but Harris Sohail got in
    He was in line, but Usman Salahuddin got in
    He was in line, but Saad Ali got in

Not to name lallus like Sami Aslam, Shan Masood and Inamul Haq that are being selected over him.

Gross injustice!

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
    Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have even made Fawad open ahead of Imam if anyone is talking about "different positions"

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fawad Alam rubbishes rumors of involvement in fixing

Pakistan top order batsman Fawad Alam has rubbished the rumors that he has been involved in fixing, which is why he was not selected for the upcoming tour of Ireland and England.

“I think I don’t need to explain myself, as I have done nothing wrong. My entire cricket career has been clean, committing fixing is one thing I cannot even think about it,” said Alam, while talking to local media. “If there were such issues, I would not have been playing in domestic circuit like a lot of players who are out of domestic cricket as well,” he added.

Alam has not been selected in the 16-men squad, which didn’t sit well with the cricket fans as they have called for justice for the domestic cricket superstar. the top order batsman remains one of the star performers at domestic level for quite some time added with maintaining extraordinary fitness levels, remained unsuccessful in grabbing a place for the Ireland and England tour, despite being a hot favorite.

Pakistan cricket chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq, has announced a 16-member squad for the upcoming tour of Ireland and England, featuring five uncapped players including nephew Imam-ul-Haq.

Meanwhile, Pakistan, under the leadership of skipper Sarfraz Ahmed, will play against Ireland, which will be their first-ever Test against Pakistan from May 11 to May 15 in Dublin. Pakistan will then play two Tests against England at Lord’s from May 24 to May 28 and Headingley from June 1 to June 5.

https://www.brecorder.com/2018/04/16...ent-in-fixing/

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only Pakistan players conitnuley complain about not being selected. When he says it's once it's understandable, when he keeps on playing the victim it becomes very annoying to read.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Only Pakistan players conitnuley complain about not being selected. When he says it's once it's understandable, when he keeps on playing the victim it becomes very annoying to read.
    He is most certainly a victim of gross injustice despite excellence in FC & solid test debut, how can you lot be so blind?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asifp View Post
    He was in line, but Azhar Ali got in
    He was in line, but Asad Shafiq got in
    He was in line, but Babar Azam got in
    He was in line, but Harris Sohail got in
    He was in line, but Usman Salahuddin got in
    He was in line, but Saad Ali got in

Not to name lallus like Sami Aslam, Shan Masood and Inamul Haq that are being selected over him.

Gross injustice!
    The fact Shan Masood was not selected only due to injury speaks volumes ... the worst FC batsman ever to play for Pakistan who somehow got selected again vs SL last year after being a walking wicket and bunny to Jimmy and was replaced by Sami!

And then of course proceeded to fail more miserably in UAE too! There is no justification and Inzi was rightfully taken to task by Rashid Latif live on call on Game On Hai.
    Last edited by boomboom6; 17th April 2018 at 09:10.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom6 View Post
    He is most certainly a victim of gross injustice despite excellence in FC & solid test debut, how can you lot be so blind?

He deserved a chance but he didn't get it. He doesn't need to complain every chance he gets.