Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I believe if you play in Test cricket you can be regarded as a genuine cricketer" : Hasan Ali

There was something very special about Hasan Ali's appearance against England in the summer of 2016. It wasn’t just the freshness and raw energy the then-22-year-old brought to the Pakistan unit which impressed all observers. Instead, it was the calmness in his demeanour and the maturity beyond his age in his approach which allowed him to bowl largely with tact and variety.

Nearly a year on, and a seasoned bowler in his own right with 29 ODI wickets in 16 games, Hasan is a key member of the Pakistan Champions Trophy squad which is now just days away from playing their crucial opening encounter against the much-vaunted India side.

Name:  260906.jpg
Views: 57411
Size:  85.8 KB

His journey to becoming one of his country’s main bowlers in the shorter formats of the game has been nothing short of meteoric. As the young bowler stated, “The last nine months or so has been like one big dream for me. Going from domestic cricket, to the Pakistan A squad and then onto my international debut in Ireland in August last year, things have moved so fast. It's been like one big whirlwind for me. But I have to keep my feet on the ground and not to get complacent and continue to work hard and maintain my good form”.

For many youngsters of his age, the fact that they have been selected and are part of the national squad, as was his case in the 2016 tour of Ireland and England would have been a shock to the system and an achievement in itself. But what Hasan has shown with his consistency is his ability to not take things for granted and continue to improve and build upon his experience.

“I've had a good year and a good season but it's all about striving for that extra effort, that extra performance and think about how you can improve yourself and not just be in a comfort zone as before you know it, good times can soon become bad times. Making my international debut and then becoming a regular in the Pakistan One-day and Twenty20 teams has been a real boost for me and my confidence.”

Hasan’s rise to fame might appear to many as a foregone conclusion, given his bowling skill, but he is equally thankful to the national selectors for the timely chances given to him, which had a major role in his advancement to the international level.

“My plan was to perform well on the Pakistan A tour of England last year and then use that as a springboard for international selection. I had set myself some goals with dates for international selection in mind and I am delighted to state that those goals were achieved. Fortunately, the A tour of England was a success and got me noticed and I've not looked back since,” he explained.

To be part of a historic series where two of Pakistan’s most respected batsmen, Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan, said goodbye to international cricket must have been a great experience for Hasan. But to have played a role in the match which saw Pakistan win their first ever Test series in the Caribbean will be something he will remember forever. It is therefore Pakistan’s gain that in an age where most young players are more attracted to the high-octane Twenty20 format, they have a player of Hasan’s talent who is very enthusiastic about the longest format.

“The icing on the cake was my call-up to the Pakistan Test squad recently in the West Indies. I believe if you play in Test cricket you can be regarded as a genuine cricketer because that is the toughest and most testing format of cricket.

"I want to stay fit and play for Pakistan in all three formats. I know it's rare for a bowler to play all three international formats these days, but why not, I want to do it and if selected will continue to do it. Modern-day cricket is very tough especially for bowlers and playing all three formats is a huge ask, but let's see, I'm confident I can do it.”

The recent controversy surrounding Umar Akmal's exclusion from the Champions Trophy squad due to failed fitness tests has caused some embarrassment to the team management. It is thus encouraging to hear that amongst the newer players, the issue of physical fitness is very important and something that Hasan takes very seriously, as is evident in his explanation,“I have worked on my strength and conditioning a lot with the national coaches and I am a lot fitter and stronger than I was when I first came into the Pakistan setup. You have to be fit and strong these days in cricket and there is no hiding that fact.”

The upcoming iconic clash between India and Pakistan is one encounter that millions around the world are looking forward to with enthusiasm. The chances of such games producing a classic nail-biter are high and anticipation for the game seems to be high not only amongst the spectators but also within the players, a notion Hasan agrees with.

“India versus Pakistan, it's a huge match and a huge occasion. It's the sort of match that as a cricketer you want to be part of and dream of playing in. India versus Pakistan matches are known throughout the world as great encounters and matches that produce heroes. India versus Pakistan isn't just exciting for the fans but also, it's exciting for the players to be a part of. The adrenaline will be rushing and the blood pumping but you have to try to maintain your composure, and if I am picked I want to be the player that people remember as the match-winner and hero.”

India’s s number three standing in ICC’s ODI rankings is a good reason to consider them as favourites for the upcoming game against Pakistan in Birmingham on 4 June. With top match-winners like Yuvraj Singh and MS Dhoni in their midst and a captain and batsman of the quality of Virat Kohli at the helm, Pakistan know that they have a task at hand if they are to emerge victorious in that game. For Hasan, the equation is simply about holding one’s nerve in such high-pressure games, “Virat Kohli is a great player and a cricketer that I admire and is admired around the world, but India has many great cricketers. However, at the end of the day it's eleven versus eleven and I feel that whoever handles the pressure the best will come out as the victors”, he concluded.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/indi...h-3506619.html

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali is special - just the confidence in him to any task his captain asks of hims is phenomenal to see.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very good bowler. He is improving in all areas of his game. Can't wait to see his progression in the test format.

In odis he has brilliant, bowling an attacking line and length at good pace.

A good start to his international career, hopefully he keeps it up.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My favorite Pakistani bowler right now, he is better than Amir.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3691 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The best thing that has happened to Pakistan bowling in a long time. He is a breath of fresh air compared to the likes of Wahab, Rahat, Junaid, Imran etc.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Great levels of effort. He wants to work hard and is keen to learn.

He's getting better and better and is definitely one of the positives of Pakistan cricket at the moment.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    He has a beautiful action and can move the ball both ways. He has a good physique too and can hit the ball hard and a long way. Needs to work hard to further improve his fitness.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hope Hasan is given a few overs upfront.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Brilliant addition to the side. Absolutely love this guy.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love his attitude love watching his run up he has so good run up probably the best in world.He is a very good bowler.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said in his previous interview, that he wants to win a world cup for Pakistan.

Let's see whether he can first win the mini world cup(CT).

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its good if he remains fit.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Love his intensity. Big match player.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Play all formats and soon you will be ruin yourself.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't worry guys if he bowls too well he will be banned by PCB or by ICC.
    and he just dropped a catch as i was typing this lol

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    I worry about this lad playing all three formats.

He looks like another injury waiting to happen.

Maybe don't select him in Tests?

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

tests will be his strongest format givin his reverse swing prowess there is nothing in playing all 3 formats as long as you are not playing each and every useless game.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

That's why if the the selectors had a brain they would develop a pool of fast bowlers for such situations. But alas, it is the PCB, can't expect much.

Hasan is most suited to the longer format, that is where he can utilise his skill set. Ideally we should limit the amount of LO cricket he plays, to a couple of games a series but then there's lack of fast bowlers who are ready for the international level.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2384 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    He'll be fine in Tests in a 5-man attack.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Love his intensity. Big match player.
    he has hardly played in any big matches..

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Uff what a ball to get Parnell.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What a talent!

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MashAllah humaara hassan bhai.

when i was younger i watched Azhar mahmood and Razzaq and felt i was watching a proper young pakistani bowler, Hasan is the only once since that i feel the same way about.

Amir was just way too good for life when i was younger.

If you runs fast.. you bowls fast. - Rawalpindi Xpress.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasan should try to get a county contract ASAP where he can hone his skills further. He has decent pace, has the ability to seam the ball (ideal type of bowler for English conditions) and reverse swing the old ball. He will become an even better bowler after that..

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all u need to consentrate on your fitness and fielding and make it possible to keep yourself aloof from injury.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love his skills, passion and attitude

Hopefully, he will establish himself as all time great bowler

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kid has it all...talent and attitude. His wicket celebration is bar none...followed only by Rumaan Raees. Guy is a proper troll.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not so surprisingly his legend grows.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to see him bowl regularly in test matches.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure the pysios massage him daily... keep the precious diamond safe.