Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    The 2000s Australian team would walk all over India with all due respect.

1) Multiple ATG batsmen (Hayden, Ponting, Bevan)
    2) Multiple ATG fast bowlers (Mcgrath, Lee)
    3) Greatest wicketkeeper of all time (Gilly)
    4) Greatest leg spinner of all time (Warne + Macgill in reserves)

It's not even close.
    Pretty much this.

The only reason why India seems "dominant" right now is because many former dominant/strong teams are either rebuilding or in a phase of lull. This is also why Bangladesh is even in the conversation these days.

Australia - rebuilding slowly again (I expect that team to match the early 2000s team in the coming years)
    Sri Lanka - post Jayawardene & Sangakara blues
    Pakistan - rebuilding

When these 3 teams are back up and running, it'll be business back to usual.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Not sure, they only have one ATG in Dhoni and one further ATG when you pull out a flat deck, but still they are the most well rounded ODI team in the world; deserves its no.1 ranking

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OP clearly hasn't seen Australian team of the 2000s.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also Dhoni is on a decline and Yuvi is finished(pretty much).

Yadhav is a newbie.

Pandya is a bits and pieces cricketer.

still a lot to do for Indian team to become an invincible side. I would say India, Australia and England are equally good at this stage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowqar View Post
    Pretty much this.

The only reason why India seems "dominant" right now is because many former dominant/strong teams are either rebuilding or in a phase of lull. This is also why Bangladesh is even in the conversation these days.

Australia - rebuilding slowly again (I expect that team to match the early 2000s team in the coming years)
    Sri Lanka - post Jayawardene & Sangakara blues
    Pakistan - rebuilding

When these 3 teams are back up and running, it'll be business back to usual.
    How exactly are australia rebuilding, the the team that played england is their go to to 11 if not for injuries and none of them are old except maybe wade and finch, warner isn't going to get any better same with smith or for that matter most of their batting unit is as good as it gets for aussies right now. Their bowlers can improve but i don't see zampa being anywhere near indian spinners let alone warne. I don't see them being better than india in odi's and definitely nowhere near 2000's australia.

Sri Lanka will never have greats like sanga and jayawardene may be be a few will come close but none will be that good, they haven't replaced jayasurya with a similar calibre talent he retired ages ago. Good luck with sanga and jayawardene.

Pakistan is the only team that has a chance of decent rebuild but given pakistan's history of managing talent, i will beleive it when i see it.

I don't believe we are anywhere near 2000's australia in terms of talent, but find me a more consistent team than india, we have made last two worldcup semis at the least, last 2 CT finals, Our record in last two T-20 worldcup's is Finals and semis, right now there is no team as consistent as india is world tournaments and that is a fact.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    How exactly are australia rebuilding, the the team that played england is their go to to 11 if not for injuries and none of them are old except maybe wade and finch, warner isn't going to get any better same with smith or for that matter most of their batting unit is as good as it gets for aussies right now. Their bowlers can improve but i don't see zampa being anywhere near indian spinners let alone warne. I don't see them being better than india in odi's and definitely nowhere near 2000's australia.

Sri Lanka will never have greats like sanga and jayawardene may be be a few will come close but none will be that good, they haven't replaced jayasurya with a similar calibre talent he retired ages ago. Good luck with sanga and jayawardene.

Pakistan is the only team that has a chance of decent rebuild but given pakistan's history of managing talent, i will beleive it when i see it.

I don't believe we are anywhere near 2000's australia in terms of talent, but find me a more consistent team than india, we have made last two worldcup semis at the least, last 2 CT finals, Our record in last two T-20 worldcup's is Finals and semis, right now there is no team as consistent as india is world tournaments and that is a fact.
    well not really. Henriques was batting at four and persistence with Wade just shows they lack quality players in the middle order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's unfair to compare the legendary australian team with this indian line up. The austalian team had a class not only when it comes to batting, but also bowling and fielding, and thinking out of the box in crunch situations. When it comes to India, they don't have the likes of Brett Lee, Mcgrath and Shane Warne. Their bowling department is the weak link. While that australian team had no such issue.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is a joke. Mcgrath alone is better than every single Indian bowler ever born put together. Brett Lee is better than every single pacer India has ever produced. The Indian trundlers shouldn't even be put in the same sentence as the GOAT bowling lineup in ODIs

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pakistan will thrash india today

Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I warned you Indians that Pak WILL beat you black and BLUE. Now take this with interest. Come again about AU 2000? LOL

Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm, not quite there yet...

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Hmm, not quite there yet...
    Even the mighty Aussies lost to Bangladesh.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Even the mighty Aussies lost to Bangladesh.
    But did they lose three matches in eight games (including an ICC final) against teams that are ranked below #6?

Come on mate.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But did they lose three matches in eight games (including an ICC final) against teams that are ranked below #6?

Come on mate.
    I honestly believe that they can bounce back, Virat is a clueless captain, and is keeping them back.

They need to move on from Dhoni and Yuvraj, employ better tactics. They could have won the champions trophy with Shami and Yadav instead of their spinners,

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I honestly believe that they can bounce back, Virat is a clueless captain, and is keeping them back.

They need to move on from Dhoni and Yuvraj, employ better tactics. They could have won the champions trophy with Shami and Yadav instead of their spinners,
    If we're being serious, they're a good side but miles away from being as dominant as the 2000's Aussies.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Aus of 2000 had every base covered with their batting, bowling and fielding. India can potentially match the batting of Aus 2000 easily given they're the best batting side in the world and the fielding is disciplined enough to stop runs but their bowling will not let them reach that level the Aussies had. India are a good team but they won't dominate teams like that, just a good team that is very capable of winning trophies. I highly doubt India can win a hat-trick of world cups.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol they were never close to that Australian side. Ridiculous thread.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    Aus of 2000 had every base covered with their batting, bowling and fielding. India can potentially match the batting of Aus 2000 easily given they're the best batting side in the world and the fielding is disciplined enough to stop runs but their bowling will not let them reach that level the Aussies had. India are a good team but they won't dominate teams like that, just a good team that is very capable of winning trophies. I highly doubt India can win a hat-trick of world cups.
    The Aussy battling line up was much batter. Bat to bat, they out the Indians. They had no weak link.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this indian team is not even close to the Pakistan team of 90s.....OP is delusional

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all these years and despite their tested strength in batting, Indians still don't seem to be able to get over their age old weakness of being bad tourists.

Give this same team ten consecutive series at home against top oppositions and they will win 8 of them with ease but easily get tripped up when touring against weaker oppositions.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    How's that working out for ya OP?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    TBF, the 2000s Aussies didn't have as much competition compared to this era.

South Africa, Pakistan, India, Windies and maybe Sri Lanka were the only well rounded teams capable of competing in World Cup matches.

Because now that its harder to be a dominant team as all the teams barring Sri Lanka and West Indies can really compete, India will find it tougher to reach the Aussies of 2000s level but they will eventually. They have the best batting, two exceptional bowlers in Bhuvi and Shami, Yadav is getting there and Bumrah too, Kuldeep Yadav is a great prospect as well.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That Australian team was a clinical machine!

They got into the opposition's heads before the game even started. The definition of dominance

Indian team is no where close

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its only becoming Australia for Pakistan rby
    Australia would floor ATGs on any track on any given day. Please dont humiliate them by comparing them with any Indian squad.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    nothing against india or based on the performance in the last few matches but the australian team won three world cups back to back with two of them unbeaten and still has the longest unbeaten odi world cup streak.

and those thinking that indian batting line-up is better from that team are also mistaken.

that team had gilchrist, hayden, ponting, waugh brothers, martin, clarke, symmonds, and the original chase king bevan.

it had the bowling power of lee, mcgrath, gillespie, warne, reiffel, bichel, fleming, and hogg.

and to date it this team was the most clinical team in terms of fielding with fielders like ponting and symmo rarely ever missing the stumps.

that team is leagues ahead of any odi team ever assembled - it could easily have beaten rest of the world eleven in odi championship as it proved by smashing rest of the world eleven in super series.

that team was truly a giant and this indian team isn't even close to that. let alone getting there bit. a very long journey involving three back to back world cups and utter domination is required before comparisons start.
    Last edited by GoUgandaCranes; 3rd July 2017 at 03:40.

it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This Indian team is my favourite cricket team. I haven't seen the Aussies and windies play live, but indians I have.

They have everything.

Best openers in Dhawan and rohit.

Best batsman in world cricket: king kholi

best keeper: dhoni

decent spinner in kuldeep yadav

great pacers in bumrah, bhuvi

now they have an established stokes in Pandya, exciting times for Indian fans, unfortunte to play against a green hot pakistan team in the champions trophy final.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This Indian team is my favourite cricket team. I haven't seen the Aussies and windies play live, but indians I have.

They have everything.

now they have an established stokes in Pandya, exciting times for Indian fans, unfortunte to play against a green hot pakistan team in the champions trophy final.
    Are you an Indian living in Pakistan by any chance?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Are you an Indian living in Pakistan by any chance?
    Pakistani living in Canada who appreciates great cricket teams and cricketers regardless of political drama

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    not even close

India team is very good with a lot of talent, but they are still beatable. In fact, in tougher conditions they look ordinary at times

Aus team from 99-2007 were absolutely beastly in both ODIs and Tests
    just the sight of that Yellow would be demoralizing as an opposing fan

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani living in Canada who appreciates great cricket teams and cricketers regardless of political drama
    Nice words coming from you, being biased against cricketers based on their nationality is silly.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr7great View Post
    pakistan will thrash india today
    Well called

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just said India is your favorite cricket team.

The other guy is right to question you authenticity.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A single green top can make them dancing chickens. Never!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats very refreshing but this team has still a long way to go to match the Aussies of late 90s early 00s.

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That team was too good. Adam Gilchrist at no.7 !!!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamax View Post
    A single green top can make them dancing chickens. Never!
    What makes u think any other team would fare any better?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    The comparison is with the Australia of the 2000s, not 'any other team'.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The comparison is with the Australia of the 2000s, not 'any other team'.
    Any same Indian fans would know this team is nowhere near to be compared with champion Aussie side. Its like comparing Mohan Bagan with Barcelona.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any same Indian fans would know this team is nowhere near to be compared with champion Aussie side. Its like comparing Mohan Bagan with Barcelona.
    That seems about right since I don't know what a Mohan Bagan is.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems about right since I don't know what a Mohan Bagan is.
    Haha its an domestic football team.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not even half as good as India's best sides of last decades, may be in the top6 .... comparing with the ATG team of aus.... LOL delusional

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Lol this indianteam isn't as good as Indian team of 2009-2011 let alone the Aussie teams

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This team is better than some of the older Indian teams in the sense they go after wins. They don't settle for 1-0 series win. They try to win all the tests

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even Azhar and Co fared much better than those.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxamax View Post
    Even Azhar and Co fared much better than those.
    You mean like how they fared in NZ? Lost like 9 wickets in an session?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    It is a joke to compare this Indian team to the Aussie side from 1999-2007. Who in this Indian team is comparable to Mcgrath, Warne, Gilchrist?

Get rid of Virat Kohli and that is half the Indian team deflated right there.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The original Aussie ATG team had their opponents quaking in their boots, when I think of the current Indian team this is what comes to mind:

And:

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The team that hasn't won the last champions trophy and hasn't played in the last world cup final and world T20 final is the australian of 00's.
    Lets not talk about their test results away from home.
    Joke of a thread.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we now have better bowlers than any of of the older Indian sides and athletic fielders, but batting is a lil weak.However, no way near to the Australian beasts of 00s.They were unstoppable.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia had 34/35 matches winning streak in WC, span over 12 years. They won most of those matches comfortably and by making statement, not to mention in three different continents...They had complete team, top bowlers, top batters and fielders in the world...When some team can match that record, only then such a comparison shall be made...

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another great thread by @CricFan2012 , India is now the no. 1 team in both test and odis

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCrusher2 View Post
    Another great thread by @CricFan2012 , India is now the no. 1 team in both test and odis
    Yep, has been coming for ages now, with IPL, Indian cricketers are perfecting their game. Pakistan will get there too late, because PSL is fairly recent.

The new aussies are owning the original aussies atm, how times have changed.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After winning the 2nd ODI against the Australians, the Indians are now ranked #1 in the Test Match and the ODI Rankings !!!!!!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They have everything.

Lol just because you have not seen those legendary Aussie and West Indies doesn't mean this current Indian team is close to that. Aus of that time were crushing anything that came in their way. Winning three back to back World Cups and other major tournaments wasn't easy. We couldn't win Champions Trophy final and played like noobs there. I hope we will be able to win our first ODI series in South Africa soon.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    not even close

India team is very good with a lot of talent, but they are still beatable. In fact, in tougher conditions they look ordinary at times

Aus team from 99-2007 were absolutely beastly in both ODIs and Tests
    just the sight of that Yellow would be demoralizing as an opposing fan
    Hope you followed the 2006 Ashes!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadevdesai View Post
    After winning the 2nd ODI against the Australians, the Indians are now ranked #1 in the Test Match and the ODI Rankings !!!!!!
    Told ya guys, blue team is on the rise. Only green team can compete now, but sadly we barely get blue vs green

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia were in a next league in that period.

When you have batting geniuses like Hayden, Gilly and Ponting you are on a next level. Then they had likes of Hussey, Simmonds, Bevan.etc too

A batsman as talented as hodge was only able to play few matches.

With bowling they had Warne, Lee and McGrath.

Is this even a comparison?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Australia were in a next league in that period.

When you have batting geniuses like Hayden, Gilly and Ponting you are on a next level. Then they had likes of Hussey, Simmonds, Bevan.etc too

A batsman as talented as hodge was only able to play few matches.

With bowling they had Warne, Lee and McGrath.

Is this even a comparison?
    india are getting there mate.

India has a billion people.

The best cricketing structure.

The best sports league.

It's inevitable.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Lol this indianteam isn't as good as Indian team of 2009-2011 let alone the Aussie teams
    Same Indian team of 2011 that was hammered 8-0?
    The current team is far better than 2011 overrated and over the hill team we had.

This team have the potential to be the greatest Indian team ever(both test and ODIs).

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The current team is far better than 2011 overrated and over the hill team we had.

This team have the potential to be the greatest Indian team ever(both test and ODIs).
    In ODIs, the 2011 team was much better. And in tests, that team was also much better but a few years before 2011. The current team is the best in the world, but no match for the Australian and Indian teams in the 2000s.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    In ODIs, the 2011 team was much better. And in tests, that team was also much better but a few years before 2011. The current team is the best in the world, but no match for the Australian and Indian teams in the 2000s.
    2011 ODIs was far better team compared to test team. Odis had lot of match winners who could win game on their own. Test team was batting heavy and bowling was toothless specially away from home. Current Indian team is well balanced and have the potential to compete away from home.

2011 Odi team > Current Odi team( only marginally)
    2011 Test team<<<<<< Current test team ( Huge difference in quality, specially bowling)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't bother if this team is better or weaker than Australian team of 2000s or South African team of 90s (make no mistake South African team was the strongest in 90s if not for their choke issues. Should have won 1 or 2 world cups during that decade) or West Indies of 70s-80s, but certainly the team is doing a lot better than other teams today (for today's standards and today's available teams) at least they are almost unbeatable at home or homely conditions and can provide good contest even overseas (needs to be checked and found at in coming tours). They are doing well in ICC tournaments everywhere very consistently. They might have lost CT finals badly, but they did reach the finals which itself is an achievement and did beat Pakistan quite similarly at the league stage! Pakistan might have won the last CT which was good, but they failed to even get into knockouts in some of the other ICC tourneys, even Australia have been failing consistently in ICC tourneys played outside their den!

So lets say that India is doing well right now (the reason for this is the right mixture of talent + professionalism + vision which didn't happen in the past!) It may take some time to reach that Australian/West Indies team, but they are on the course! Lets also not forget that those strong West Indies & Australian teams did encounter quite weak sides around! Srilanka was a minnow in 80s and India was quite weak till 90s! West Indies didn't play South Africa in 80s. West Indies became almost a minnow in 2000s for Australia's comfort! At least today Indian team is competing with teams who are all at competitive levels including Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Ireland, etc. With all due credit to Pakistan's brilliance in CT, its fair to admit that it was an upset defeat to them actually (Total complacency, tactical mistakes, coach issues, etc). Similarly it happened with Test Defeat to Australia in Pune. Hence India may not be in the dominating mode of those yesteryear stronger teams, but they are definitely stronger than other teams of today (They can definitely do better than Australia, South Africa, England for how they perform when they visit to India compared to how India performs when they go there! Recent best example is the T20 whitewash they did in Australia!)

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah.. lost t20 wc2016, lost 50 over wc2015, lost Champions trophy17, no series win outside india, like a test or odi series win in aus or s.a or eng or nz... just winning at dead slow turning useless pitches and india are aus of 2000?????????!
    Last edited by UN talkz; 23rd September 2017 at 12:22.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

That team won in NZ and drew in South Africa.

Imo that teams cycle ended at end of WC11

#MPGA

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And on those dead slow pitches at home.. only 1 team can beat india in the world and that is pakistan.. and they don't play with each other..
    And u say india is 2000's aus????????
    Last edited by UN talkz; 23rd September 2017 at 12:23.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mueez14 View Post
    And on those dead slow pitches at home.. only 1 team can beat india in the world and that is pakistan.. and they don't play with each other..
    And u say india is 2000's aus????????
    Relax no sane person is claiming that. Even OP is probably meaning to say that India is winning against "current" teams like how Australia used to do! If there is a context between today's Indian team with that Australian or that WI team (which is a very arbitrary situation which we cannot make it happen, its just a wild imagination.) I am sure India of today will do better than Indian team of those days (because of the overall strength - bowling & fielding especially! Perhaps current Indian Top order is not a match to both Australian and Indian top order of those days! But the current team is stronger in all other departments! Even the new breed spinners like Kuldeep & co. can do well even in overseas! So don't be surprised if the current Indian team create upsets against those WI & Australian teams!)

And they did not win enough ICC tourneys? They did win T20 world cup, ODI world cup, CT all in a row under Dhoni! (again may not be at the dominating best of WI or Australia) But lately India is encountering upsets like WI in last T20 world cup, Pak in last CT, Australia are quite dominant in Australian conditions (ODI World Cup). Otherwise they were well on course winning all those cups! Probably India is not that strong or dominant like those ruthless Australia or West Indies, at the same time teams today are not like minnows of those days! Teams today do get chances of analyzing opposition strength & weaknesses because of globalization, camera coverage, etc, etc. Hence upsets are a certainty and you may not see that ruthless domination no matter how stronger a team is! Also you will never perhaps see so many minnow teams as in 80s & 90s. (Still upsets did happen even to those strong WI & Australian teams when supposedly minnow teams like India & Srilanka beat them respectively in those eras in the world cup!)

Teams today are competitive, we thought Pakistan has reached to lower limits, see how they performed in CT. Similarly WI surprised everyone in T20 Cup. Bangladesh is doing well. Afghanistan is chipping in. Even Sri Lanka may come up with some strategies & plans in future. So it is unfair to compare teams between eras. Its better to watch & appreciate what's in hands. And you need a bigger Afridisque heart to acknowledge the fact that India is an overall stronger team today compared to other teams of "today"!
    Last edited by UN talkz; 23rd September 2017 at 12:24.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They are the best team of today but too far achieve Aus 2000 status. Aus dominated everyone everywhere. India's record is very poor outside subcontinent in test matches especially. Even the bowling is no match to Aus 2000

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abey ye to baat he nahi ho rahi k stronger team than others or not..open your eyes and read thread carefully..u lost to wi in t20 wc who are the best t20 team in world and u call it upset? Oh wow😂... lost to pak in ct was upset? Hahahaha... then why did ur best team lost to pak in home series of odi 2012? Upset haan? Hahahahaha... lost to aus in 2015 wc bcz aus are good at home han? Then u also won 2011 bcz u r a home bulley thats it... n thread wasnt about which team is better.. he was comparing ind to 2000 aus which used to win everywhere at home and away and icc tournaments.. your team is a home bulley... ghar k sher bas.. wo bhi agar doosri teams k khilaf.. pak k khilaf to ghar bhi nahi jeeta jata india se..showed u in 2012... oh i forgot that was also upset??? Hahahahahaha u upset people :-D
    Tell me just one odi or test series this indian team won in sa aus or eng? Just one? U upset bulley...hahahaha then dont u dare compare these ghar k shers team of muddy slow turners to that 2000 aus team who were champs everywhere

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only Pandya is their standout new comer among Jadhav, Panday, Pant and Rahul. Their batting depends on their top 3 and Dhoni big time, and Pandya to some extent. They are getting some good spinners too. Won't call them the Aus of 2000s though.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Abey ye to baat he nahi ho rahi k stronger team than others or not..open your eyes and read thread carefully..u lost to wi in t20 wc who are the best t20 team in world and u call it upset? Oh wow😂... lost to pak in ct was upset? Hahahaha... then why did ur best team lost to pak in home series of odi 2012? Upset haan? Hahahahaha... lost to aus in 2015 wc bcz aus are good at home han? Then u also won 2011 bcz u r a home bulley thats it... n thread wasnt about which team is better.. he was comparing ind to 2000 aus which used to win everywhere at home and away and icc tournaments.. your team is a home bulley... ghar k sher bas.. wo bhi agar doosri teams k khilaf.. pak k khilaf to ghar bhi nahi jeeta jata india se..showed u in 2012... oh i forgot that was also upset??? Hahahahahaha u upset people :-D
    Tell me just one odi or test series this indian team won in sa aus or eng? Just one? U upset bulley...hahahaha then dont u dare compare these ghar k shers team of muddy slow turners to that 2000 aus team who were champs everywhere

Even that best Australian team didn't win much in India. It was only in the non-professional/semi-professional period of cricket before 90s that teams used to win regardless of home conditions.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Even that best Australian team didn't win much in India. It was only in the non-professional/semi-professional period of cricket before 90s that teams used to win regardless of home conditions.
    Still won one more time in India than India has ever won in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    #ThankYouBucknor

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    The glory of West Indies team is no more relevant and it is almost impossible to see those days again. Similarly the future looks bright for India. We never imagined that a player like Pandya can grow so well... I think we will probably see more Indian wins outside with the current trend (accusations about overseas test matches) This team is in fact starting to look better for overseas especially with the new breed spinners & the balance...

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hah.. lost t20 wc2016, lost 50 over wc2015, lost Champions trophy17, no series win outside india, like a test or odi series win in aus or s.a or eng or nz... just winning at dead slow turning useless pitches and india are aus of 2000?????????!
    Bro 2016 semis, 2015 semis, champions final 2017, we only won the final because of junoon. Indian team will get better with each passing day.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 23rd September 2017 at 12:27.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are Australia of 2000s in home only. I still want to see dominant performance oversees, not just in ICC tournaments abroad. ICC tournaments now a days are played in neutral pitches to give fairer chance to subcontinent teams. I also believe teams in 2000s were much better. Apart from England team of today, every other major team was much better than their current team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCrusher2 View Post
    #ThankYouBucknor
    Not to mention #TraitorShashank. He influenced the pitch in 2004 series that we lost.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India needs to find another wicket taking pacer like Shami. Siraj is shaping up nicely and after his inclusion India would have a great pace attack with variety of Shami, Siraj and Bumrah for LOI. And Kuldeep and Chahal wrist spinners. Jadeja and Nadeem as economical spinners.
    In batting only position 4 is causing us trouble. Nobody is working in the position. Once its sorted India would be a dominant team in most part of world. Flat,spin, slow, fast, bounce or not it would have a balanced team with great variety.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How do my Aussie brothers feel about being dethroned by the Indians?
    @Convict @leatherface58 @pakistanigoneaussie

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1495 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Leatherface is a Kiwi lol.

India are probably the best team at the world at the moment but imo they're nothing compared to the Australia of my childhood.

I don't think people quite get how dominant we were and what it was like being an Australian cricket fan at the time.

Australia A in the early and mid 2000s would have been a top four side in the world.

Australia XI

1. Justin Langer
    2. Matthew Hayden
    3. Ricky Ponting
    4. Damien Martyn
    5. Steve Waugh*
    6. Darren Lehmann
    7. Adam Gilchrist+
    8. Shane Warne
    9. Brett Lee
    10. Jason Gillespie
    11. Glenn McGrath

Western Australia had a batting lineup of

1. Chris Rogers
    2. Michael Hussey
    3. Justin Langer*
    4. Damien Martyn
    5. Murray Goodwin
    6. Shaun Marsh
    7. Adam Gilchrist

with guys like Voges on the bench.

New South Wales were just as strong with the Waugh brothers, Katich, Clarke, Slater, Haddin and even had McGrath, Lee, MacGill, Stuart Clark and Bracken.

We won the 2003 world cup by 120 runs.

This was an Australian XI of players who didn't play in that match.

1. Simon Katich
    2. Shane Watson
    3. Steve Waugh*
    4. Michael Bevan
    5. Michael Clarke
    6. Michael Hussey
    7. Brad Haddin+
    8. Shane Warne
    9. Jason Gillespie
    10. Nathan Bracken
    11. Shaun Tait

Every year the Australian media would openly desire for opposition teams to play well so we'd get some competition. Good opposition performances in Australia were openly celebrated because we all operated under the assumption that we'd win anyway.

As a kid in ODIs you'd openly hope to bat first - to make sure matches last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Meh

International cricket has all become teams bullying each other at home , i see very little between the top sides

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967