Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post

Every year the Australian media would openly desire for opposition teams to play well so we'd get some competition. Good opposition performances in Australia were openly celebrated because we all operated under the assumption that we'd win anyway.
    And if you got some competition the umpires would step in to save the day .... DRS has put the single biggest Dent in Australia's W/L ratio over the last few years.

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Meh

International cricket has all become teams bullying each other at home , i see very little between the top sides
    Which is why Pakistan's rise to No.1 in Tests and winning CT17 is all the more significant since we haven't played at HOME since 2009.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    And if you got some competition the umpires would step in to save the day .... DRS has put the single biggest Dent in Australia's W/L ratio over the last few years.
    Ironic coming from an Indian fan. See the difference in Kumble's LBW record pre and post neutral umpires?

And of course the only teams that have beaten Australia in Australia in the drs era are South Africa and England and the biggest difference there is still no McGrath and Warne.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ironic coming from an Indian fan. See the difference in Kumble's LBW record pre and post neutral umpires?

And of course the only teams that have beaten Australia in Australia in the drs era are South Africa and England and the biggest difference there is still no McGrath and Warne.
    True but we weren't the ones saying we need competition at home,so if you wanted competition at home maybe the umpires should had tried to stay neutral.

Also Clarke made more of a difference against Indian team than say Warne.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Meh

International cricket has all become teams bullying each other at home , i see very little between the top sides
    Not exactly. You forgot the way we whitewashed Australia in T20s. Also the VB Series triumph with Tendulkar's final domination against Australia. Australia beating India in Pune was also refreshing... I am excited at how India fares in coming South Africa, England tour and also next Australian tour.... After that we can conclude about this home bullying

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny you say that, Hair & Harper come to mind, a duo nearly as deadly as McWarne

As for Kumble's record, look at the games in the 90's & the avg score then look at the avg scores in 2k in India, you'll get your answer.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    True but we weren't the ones saying we need competition at home,so if you wanted competition at home maybe the umpires should had tried to stay neutral.

Also Clarke made more of a difference against Indian team than say Warne.
    Pick one series during Australia's period of dominance at home that was decided by umpiring.

McGrath and Warne didn't play in 2004 or in 2007/08 and in 1999/2000 India lost the three tests by 285 runs, 180 runs and by an innings and 141 runs and also lost to Queensland by 10 wickets.

And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pick one series during Australia's period of dominance at home that was decided by umpiring.

McGrath and Warne didn't play in 2004 or in 2007/08 and in 1999/2000 India lost the three tests by 285 runs, 180 runs and by an innings and 141 runs and also lost to Queensland by 10 wickets.
    And India in 1999 was same team as of 2004,2007/08? Everyone knows about 90's India.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    And India in 1999 was same team as of 2004,2007/08? Everyone knows about 90's India.
    And? Tusker claimed that Australia was dominant at home during our peak years aka roughly 1999 and ending in 2006/07 with the retirement of Warne and McGrath due to favourable umpiring.

The fact remains that Australia won every single series at home in this time except for one rain effected series against New Zealand and Steve Waugh's last series in the absence of both Warne/McGrath.

Do you agree with Tusker on this?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And? Tusker claimed that Australia was dominant at home during our peak years aka roughly 1999 and ending in 2006/07 with the retirement of Warne and McGrath due to favourable umpiring.

The fact remains that Australia won every single series at home in this time except for one rain effected series against New Zealand and Steve Waugh's last series in the absence of both Warne/McGrath.

No I don't but I don't see that if CA wanted tougher home series why would there be biases in Umpiring,even Lara has had issues with the same.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Not exactly. You forgot the way we whitewashed Australia in T20s. Also the VB Series triumph with Tendulkar's final domination against Australia. Australia beating India in Pune was also refreshing... I am excited at how India fares in coming South Africa, England tour and also next Australian tour.... After that we can conclude about this home bullying
    Fair point but in tests it's generallly been home domination

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    The Australia of today is completely different to the Australia of 15 years ago. The current team loses a lot and thats because it isnt' as good as the opposition.

And for all these talk of umpires - what series did that Australian team only win at home because of the umpires.

Our great team is a different matter. But hey read into it what you want to read into it.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 24th September 2017 at 11:41.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is ridiculous. The Aussies were the 2nd greatest team in the modern era and competed in every series they played, won 3 consecutive WCs, not losing for 30 consecutive game in WCs.

Comparing this Indian team with the Aussies of late 90s to mid naughties is not on.

This is Indian team is going to be a force, but to come even close to the Aussies, it has along way to go. Even if we can compete in every abroad series and keep consistently performing in the ICC tourneys, winning a few, this Indian team would go on to become the best Indian team ever. And I would be more than happy with that.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Indian fans are a combination of being delusional and holding an inferiority complex

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Indian fans are a combination of being delusional and holding an inferiority complex
    In any forum, its only the hyperbolic and delusional comments that instigate a discussion. If everyone was simply level headed this thread would not exceed 20 posts.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    OP kindly watch the highlights of the 1999 and 2003 WC finals. I watched them live so I know what I am talking about.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Kindly add 'Some' before Indian fans.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    This is ridiculous. The Aussies were the 2nd greatest team in the modern era and competed in every series they played, won 3 consecutive WCs, not losing for 30 consecutive game in WCs.

Comparing this Indian team with the Aussies of late 90s to mid naughties is not on.

This is Indian team is going to be a force, but to come even close to the Aussies, it has along way to go. Even if we can compete in every abroad series and keep consistently performing in the ICC tourneys, winning a few, this Indian team would go on to become the best Indian team ever. And I would be more than happy with that.
    Well said. Only those who have seen them live will agree with you.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Australia have won 4 ODI World Cups out of the last 5. Isn't that great?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove warne, mcgrath you could deal with that side. They had their own issues against good spin bowling. 2000 Australian side. But their bowlers bailed them out. Reason India's record was slightly better agianst that OZ team was India negated warner better than any other team. Against SL they conceded first innings lead 3 times in a row. Still they won all 3 thanks to their spin attack.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Leatherface is a Kiwi lol.

India are probably the best team at the world at the moment but imo they're nothing compared to the Australia of my childhood.

I don't think people quite get how dominant we were and what it was like being an Australian cricket fan at the time.

Australia A in the early and mid 2000s would have been a top four side in the world.

Australia XI

1. Justin Langer
    2. Matthew Hayden
    3. Ricky Ponting
    4. Damien Martyn
    5. Steve Waugh*
    6. Darren Lehmann
    7. Adam Gilchrist+
    8. Shane Warne
    9. Brett Lee
    10. Jason Gillespie
    11. Glenn McGrath

Western Australia had a batting lineup of

1. Chris Rogers
    2. Michael Hussey
    3. Justin Langer*
    4. Damien Martyn
    5. Murray Goodwin
    6. Shaun Marsh
    7. Adam Gilchrist

with guys like Voges on the bench.

New South Wales were just as strong with the Waugh brothers, Katich, Clarke, Slater, Haddin and even had McGrath, Lee, MacGill, Stuart Clark and Bracken.

We won the 2003 world cup by 120 runs.

This was an Australian XI of players who didn't play in that match.

1. Simon Katich
    2. Shane Watson
    3. Steve Waugh*
    4. Michael Bevan
    5. Michael Clarke
    6. Michael Hussey
    7. Brad Haddin+
    8. Shane Warne
    9. Jason Gillespie
    10. Nathan Bracken
    11. Shaun Tait

Every year the Australian media would openly desire for opposition teams to play well so we'd get some competition. Good opposition performances in Australia were openly celebrated because we all operated under the assumption that we'd win anyway.

As a kid in ODIs you'd openly hope to bat first - to make sure matches last longer.
    wow that team is certainly strong, but one pattern im seeing is that aussie of 2000s was without pandya.

no i am not hyping pandya but this lad is something else, genuine pacer and ability to hit 6s at will is scary, could be the difference between the two sides.

Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    wow that team is certainly strong, but one pattern im seeing is that aussie of 2000s was without pandya.

no i am not hyping pandya but this lad is something else, genuine pacer and ability to hit 6s at will is scary, could be the difference between the two sides.
    Ok. I apologise for the above posts. It seems you are trying to troll here.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Remove warne, mcgrath you could deal with that side. They had their own issues against good spin bowling. 2000 Australian side. But their bowlers bailed them out. Reason India's record was slightly better agianst that OZ team was India negated warner better than any other team. Against SL they conceded first innings lead 3 times in a row. Still they won all 3 thanks to their spin attack.
    Remove Kohli, Dhoni you could deal with this indian team too.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Remove Kohli, Dhoni you could deal with this indian team too.
    That's why the OP said this team is the new australia of 2000s

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If India win even 2 ICC tournaments in a row, I will gladly accept it.

The problem is that India lost 2015 WC in a one sided semi-final, WT20 to WI at home, and thrashed by SL and Pakistan in CT.

Australia had an unbeaten streak of over 30 games in WC alone.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Ok. I apologise for the above posts. It seems you are trying to troll here.
    im not, I legit think India has the potential, they own cricket atm

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    If India win even 2 ICC tournaments in a row, I will gladly accept it.

The problem is that India lost 2015 WC in a one sided semi-final, WT20 to WI at home, and thrashed by SL and Pakistan in CT.

Australia had an unbeaten streak of over 30 games in WC alone.
    They were so good that even when they were p ushed to corner they won. I remmeber Andy bichel won them a world cup match against England with ball and bat out of nowhere

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anybody know when was the last time Australia lost 3 ODI's in a Row to any team ?

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anybody know when was the last time Australia lost 3 ODI's in a Row to any team ?
    They lost series 5-0 against SA recently.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Against South Africa last year 5 - 0.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    They lost series 5-0 against SA recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistan cricket fan View Post
    Against South Africa last year 5 - 0.
    lol forgot about that ... pretty strange to see Aussies losing in bulk like this .. nevertheless still funny.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If home dominance was any measure of greatness then there's be no one closer to WI, also the umpiring helped you a lot at home, you'll obviously deny that but I can point to even more instances, like Hobart 1999 which helped you get over the line.

Of course in cricket when you win one, you can easily go on & dominate the rest of the series, such is the nature of the game.

That was because he was banned due to you know what, he wasn't unavailable due to injury or something. By the same token, India haven;t lost a series at home to Aus when SRT has featured in all the games.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australian noobs are way too inconsistent. Same guys play in IPL year after year. So there is no excuse that they are not familiar with conditions. Infact Warner was the top run getter last IPL season.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iam not talking just at home ... wherever the Aussies played they had significant help from umpires and it would come at key moments ... anyone who thinks that the likes of Bucknor, Benson, Bowden, Hair and Harper are "neutral" is out of his mind. Bucknor got fired *** !

Iam so glad that the ICC finally put an end to this nonsense despite BCCI resisting it for so long. The current Indian team does not have that problem of having to deal with that accusation.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone was cheating pre-neutral umpires. That was Imran Khan's greatest legacy - his fight for neutral umpires.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

symonds was everything pandya is and more

he used to bowl seam early in his career before switching to spin later on

"To Became A Good Player, You Need Talent. To Became A Great Player You Need An Attitude Like Kohli" - Sunil Gavaskar

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Everyone was cheating pre-neutral umpires. That was Imran Khan's greatest legacy - his fight for neutral umpires.
    Last i checked, Bucknor wasn't exactly your average Australian. Neutral umpires mean nothing if they still manages to come with howler like Bucknor did during that series. Like players, umpire should also be held accountable for their onfield actions.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you may .... but This Indian Team is for Real !!!!!! Specially with the addition of Pandya !!!!!!! They may not be as good as Australians of 2010 yet .... but they are getting there !!!! Today, I think, they could have chased 325-330 runs if they had to. I also feel that MOM should have gone to Finch .... oh well !!!!!!!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the op guy needs an award ..,good try..

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. Shikhar Drawn - beast in tourneys
    2. Rohit Sharma - reliable bat
    3. Virat Kholi (C) - best LOI Batsman
    4. Lokesh Rahul - just watch him bat, dynamic player
    5. Manish Pandey - awesome finisher
    6. MS Dhoni (WK) - best WK atm, 2nd best of all time after Gilly, nuff said
    7. Hardik Pandya - will be 2nd best all rounder after stokes, maybe even 1st, massive hitter, afridi with brains
    8. Bhuvi - great swing bowler, improving day by day, can bat as well
    9. Kuldeep Yadav - can be one of the best legspinners
    10. Mohammad Shami - India's best LOI bowler, comparable to a Pakistani bowler
    11. Jasprit Bumrah - top death bowler and economical

As a Pakistani fan am jealous of this line up during 2019 world cup, itll be even harder to beat them as they have no passengers.

All their batters can strike 90-100+ and average 40+ up to 8. The bowling isn't as good as Pakistan's or Australia's, but they work as a team, economical, grouped with their gun fielding it is their best bowling line up ever.

This team is very powerful and can defeat the aussies of 2000s. Will be the team to beat in 2019 world cup and the most balanced.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1. Shikhar Drawn - beast in tourneys
    2. Rohit Sharma - reliable bat
    3. Virat Kholi (C) - best LOI Batsman
    4. Lokesh Rahul - just watch him bat, dynamic player
    5. Manish Pandey - awesome finisher
    6. MS Dhoni (WK) - best WK atm, 2nd best of all time after Gilly, nuff said
    7. Hardik Pandya - will be 2nd best all rounder after stokes, maybe even 1st, massive hitter, afridi with brains
    8. Bhuvi - great swing bowler, improving day by day, can bat as well
    9. Kuldeep Yadav - can be one of the best legspinners
    10. Mohammad Shami - India's best LOI bowler, comparable to a Pakistani bowler
    11. Jasprit Bumrah - top death bowler and economical

As a Pakistani fan am jealous of this line up during 2019 world cup, itll be even harder to beat them as they have no passengers.

All their batters can strike 90-100+ and average 40+ up to 8. The bowling isn't as good as Pakistan's or Australia's, but they work as a team, economical, grouped with their gun fielding it is their best bowling line up ever.

This team is very powerful and can defeat the aussies of 2000s. Will be the team to beat in 2019 world cup and the most balanced.
    India always had good batting with decent bench but like past this team lack genuine wicket takers. Bowlers like Bhuveshnar, Bumrah are hard to score but not genuine wicket takers who can turn the match. Kuldeep can be developed into such a player but don't think he will be a threat in 2019 World Cup.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    India always had good batting with decent bench but like past this team lack genuine wicket takers. Bowlers like Bhuveshnar, Bumrah are hard to score but not genuine wicket takers who can turn the match. Kuldeep can be developed into such a player but don't think he will be a threat in 2019 World Cup.
    Bro wait and watch, I've seen the killer instincts in his that i've never seen in any indian bowler.

Shami is a genuine wicket taker, look at his stats thus far.

Bumrah and Bhuvi are there to be economical, Pandya isnt a mug with the ball either, and Manish can be replaced with another bowler if needed depending on forms.

Yeah Indias batters will need to work hard piling 300+, but i reckon they'll be able to defend 300+ with these bowlers, and bowlers can consistently stop teams below 300, and if bowlers are having a bad day, then batsmen will have to play blinders.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bro wait and watch, I've seen the killer instincts in his that i've never seen in any indian bowler.

Shami is a genuine wicket taker, look at his stats thus far.

Bumrah and Bhuvi are there to be economical, Pandya isnt a mug with the ball either, and Manish can be replaced with another bowler if needed depending on forms.

Yeah Indias batters will need to work hard piling 300+, but i reckon they'll be able to defend 300+ with these bowlers, and bowlers can consistently stop teams below 300, and if bowlers are having a bad day, then batsmen will have to play blinders.
    I expect a similar thing to what happened in recent CT. Lost to SL and then Pak due to lack of genuine wicket takers. They need a Mitchell Starc or a Hasan Ali or a Mohammad Amir with new ball who can turn the match and doesn't rely on conditions alone.

Same with England. Top batting side capable of piling big runs but lack genuine wicket takers which might hurt them in a crucial match.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Indians are not there .... yet !!!! Maybe if they keep up the present trend .... they can get there in a year’s time !!!!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just few years ago South Africa had

Smith
    2nd Opener
    Amla
    Kallis
    AbDV
    Faf du Plesis
    Duminy
    Philander
    Morkel
    Steyn
    Spinner

This South African team was batter than any indian world XI.

As I have already pointed out, disastrous away record and not winning the last world cup, champions trophy and ICC WT20.
    So they are not even the best team of the moment.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Iam not talking just at home ... wherever the Aussies played they had significant help from umpires and it would come at key moments ... anyone who thinks that the likes of Bucknor, Benson, Bowden, Hair and Harper are "neutral" is out of his mind. Bucknor got fired *** !

Iam so glad that the ICC finally put an end to this nonsense despite BCCI resisting it for so long. The current Indian team does not have that problem of having to deal with that accusation.
    Ah so the whole era of Aussie dominance was due to some kind of umpire conspiracy? And this went on for 15 years! What an outrage, to go on for over a decade, with no apparent motive, proof, whispers or even logic (why were all these umpires biased to Oz? We didn't pay their wages. All umpires knew a mistake against India would be taken as unforgivable at best and they'd be fired. Why favour Oz?) anyway no logic either. This must rank as one of the greatest unsolved crimes of the century.

OR perhaps OP watches cricket with confirmation bias and every mistake in favour of Oz was bitterly filed away whilst those the other way were forgotten. By the way, the reason mistakes in Australia's favour loom so large is that Oz were good enough to capitalise and every chance might be your last. Oz would just shrug and back themselves to make another chance.

Worth noting the India series with the controversy was one in which our team was perfectly happy to have DRS in place but some other country refused to play if it was used... who might that have been? The very team bleating about an umpire error? What you reap is what you sow.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    I expect a similar thing to what happened in recent CT. Lost to SL and then Pak due to lack of genuine wicket takers. They need a Mitchell Starc or a Hasan Ali or a Mohammad Amir with new ball who can turn the match and doesn't rely on conditions alone.

Same with England. Top batting side capable of piling big runs but lack genuine wicket takers which might hurt them in a crucial match.
    The current Indian bowling unit is the best ever I have seen , we had 1-2 big names in the past and mostly spinners but there where always a few weak link's . Now though its not just the 4-5 which are in the playing 11 but the bench strength is pretty strong as well i think which can make a big difference . The way I see it our bowling is at par with our batting in early to mid 2000 , consistently world class but tendency to choke in big occasions , hopefully even they will overcome that at some point .

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Just few years ago South Africa had

Smith
    2nd Opener
    Amla
    Kallis
    AbDV
    Faf du Plesis
    Duminy
    Philander
    Morkel
    Steyn
    Spinner

This South African team was batter than any indian world XI.

As I have already pointed out, disastrous away record and not winning the last world cup, champions trophy and ICC WT20.
    So they are not even the best team of the moment.
    I completely agree with your reasoning , that SA team won couple of WC's , CTs and T20 WC so they are way better than Indian team which hasnt won anyof the last editions of these tournament .

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the OP , I dont think we are anywhere close to the Australian teams of 2000s , they have been doing extremely well but there are quite a few holes in this side . Like I said the bowling is notch above what we had in the past , but the batting with likes of Jadhav / Pandey ( hes very good but not great ) , even rohit and Dhoni on his last legs is at best a good batting linup .

The team we had 2011 was the closest we got imo , we just dint have a AR like Pandya and pace bowlers we have now .

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    Ah so the whole era of Aussie dominance was due to some kind of umpire conspiracy? And this went on for 15 years! What an outrage, to go on for over a decade, with no apparent motive, proof, whispers or even logic (why were all these umpires biased to Oz? We didn't pay their wages. All umpires knew a mistake against India would be taken as unforgivable at best and they'd be fired. Why favour Oz?) anyway no logic either. This must rank as one of the greatest unsolved crimes of the century.

OR perhaps OP watches cricket with confirmation bias and every mistake in favour of Oz was bitterly filed away whilst those the other way were forgotten. By the way, the reason mistakes in Australia's favour loom so large is that Oz were good enough to capitalise and every chance might be your last. Oz would just shrug and back themselves to make another chance.
    See post 114:

thats very refreshing but this team has still a long way to go to match the Aussies of late 90s early 00s.
    That Aus team was very good and might/would have won without umpiring help. But to deny that the Umpiring decisions did not go in favor of Aus during tight situations is not right. And yes BCCI was stupid to resist this change. Everything in cricket is sooo tradition bound that I sometimes wonder how did we even manage to get to the current state.

Worth noting the India series with the controversy was one in which our team was perfectly happy to have DRS in place but some other country refused to play if it was used... who might that have been? The very team bleating about an umpire error? What you reap is what you sow.
    the 2008 Series ?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    See post 114:

You can't really explain WHY all these umpires, Australian & otherwise were involved in this grand conspiracy to help Australia win. Pure self interest (the only horse worth backing in a race- at least you know it's trying!) suggests every country would more or less, over 15 years have a mix of umpires just as self interested.

Actually that is supposing umpires even operate that way- perhaps they are swayed by a crowd or a personality but 90% are surely doing the best they can every time.

So why just Australia getting favoured and no-one else? I'm not even denying it (pointless to deny something with no grounds established and no proof ever offered, not a single series or example or interview even) I just want to know why you feel/think/believe this was the case. It makes no sense to me.

I can accept Oz was favoured at home- it has been accepted that every team was. But where does anything else come from- except from Oz getting more decisions because they simply created more chances or took advantage of the chances better? THIS is what separates a good team from a great- one match can be influenced by bad luck, but 15 years? Please.
    Last edited by wrongun; 26th September 2017 at 13:45.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't really explain WHY all these umpires, Australian & otherwise were involved in this grand conspiracy to help Australia win. Pure self interest (the only horse worth backing in a race- at least you know it's trying!) suggests every country would more or less, over 15 years have a mix of umpires just as self interested.

Actually that is supposing umpires even operate that way- perhaps they are swayed by a crowd or a personality but 90% are surely doing the best they can every time.

So why just Australia getting favoured and no-one else? I'm not even denying it (pointless to deny something with no grounds established and no proof ever offered, not a single series or example or interview even) I just want to know why you feel/think/believe this was the case. It makes no sense to me.

I can accept Oz was favoured at home- it has been accepted that every team was. But where does anything else come from- except from Oz getting more decisions because they simply created more chances or took advantage of the chances better? THIS is what separates a good team from a great- one match can be influenced by bad luck, but 15 years? Please.
    Aus won every single match that involved Bucknor and possibly Bowden too. These 2 were the most notorious umpires whose decision making almost always favored Aus. The 2008 Series being the most horrible of all. It led to Bucknor being unceremoniously fired and replace mid series. This is unprecedented. Hence the accusations. If the umpires were merely incompetent then simple logic suggests that Aus would suffer bad decisions too which obviously never happened. BTW there was no Indian umpire in the elite squad during that time frame.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aus won every single match that involved Bucknor and possibly Bowden too. These 2 were the most notorious umpires whose decision making almost always favored Aus. The 2008 Series being the most horrible of all. It led to Bucknor being unceremoniously fired and replace mid series. This is unprecedented. Hence the accusations. If the umpires were merely incompetent then simple logic suggests that Aus would suffer bad decisions too which obviously never happened. BTW there was no Indian umpire in the elite squad during that time frame.
    So Australia obviously never suffered bad decisions too. Ok. I don't see the point of going on with this if that is your "logic" and a plank of your evidence.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australia would have lost both the 2003-2004 and the 2007-2008 series had there been some sort of DRS option.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a conspiracy for australia, just incompetence on part of bucknor, and possibly some bias against india. but very likely just the incompetence of steve bucknor.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captain.hansolo View Post
    not a conspiracy for australia, just incompetence on part of bucknor, and possibly some bias against india. but very likely just the incompetence of steve bucknor.
    Im not suggesting that Bucknor was favouring Australia, but one cannot deny that he had somewhat thing against India. If you see those replays, its obvious that he was onto something. If it was down to incompetence then Id have expect him to make one or two errors against Aussies as well, which wasn't the case. So basically he was for some unknown reason robbing India a possible match. Again im not suggesting that CA or Australian team had anything to do with this Bucknor saga.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Australia obviously never suffered bad decisions too. Ok. I don't see the point of going on with this if that is your "logic" and a plank of your evidence.
    Well then go ahead and let us know when Aus were on the recieving side of Bucknors decision making.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well then go ahead and let us know when Aus were on the recieving side of Bucknors decision making.
    Burden of proof lies with the prosecuting side. Not mine to rationalise your absurd generalisations.

But Umpire X makes 2 mistakes in this game for team Y means he must also make 2 mistakes in this same game for team W or it is a grand conspiracy is not any logic I have ever studied.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th September 2017 at 13:37.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burden of proof lies with the prosecuting side. Not mine to rationalise your absurd generalisations.
    there is no prosecution or defended or accused here ... just facts ... and here is a fact that you cannot refute : Bucknor was unceremoniously dumped (fired) mid way from a series. And the man had the nerve to talk to the media and say that it was all because of only one wrong decision

If you seriously think Bucknor was neutral because he wasn't an Aussie then there is no point continuing this discussion.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th September 2017 at 13:37.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our Indian brothers on the way to wipe out the aussies in the series, clean broom sweep, what did I tell all y'all?

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is about the 4th-5th best ODI side currently.

Their batting is at best average. Their bowling is also inconsistent.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Time to bump this thread:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...in-sa-2017-18/

In the 1st game Indian bowlers showed up but Indian top order were disappointing.

Robin Sharma : "When your number 8 and 9 batsmen face more deliveries (94) and score 50 runs as compared 65 balls faced by Top 3 batsmen for just 33 runs, how can any team win a match like this. Poor batting "
    Australia of 2000s ?

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It was an OTT thread. Just because Kohli used the word "ruthless" a couple of times in his interviews doesnt make Indian team same as the ruthless Aussies of 2000s who performed everywhere.
    Nevertheless, today was a good effort by India against SA.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is like a 28 weeks premature baby. India has been as ruthless as any other ATG team at home. Arguably they have been one of the the best ever sides at home.

But they need win the 'tough' oversees series to prove they are in contention with WIN80s and AUS00s for the GOAT team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliA View Post
    This thread is like a 28 weeks premature baby. India has been as ruthless as any other ATG team at home. Arguably they have been one of the the best ever sides at home.

But they need win the 'tough' oversees series to prove they are in contention with WIN80s and AUS00s for the GOAT team.
    Windies from the late 70s to 1990 and Aus from 1995-2005 are the ONLY two truly great Test sides. They dominated everywhere.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windies from the late 70s to 1990 and Aus from 1995-2005 are the ONLY two truly great Test sides. They dominated everywhere.
    Yeah, that is what I said!

Then again you shouldn't belittle this India side. They have been extra ordinary at 'familiar conditions'. Just need to win the majority of the 'tough' tours.

You must remember, even the great Aussie side of 00's needed a green top at Nagpur 2004 to win a series in India.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant believe where people come up with these comparisons. Have India won any significant series away? NO. Ridiculous thread.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AuxiliA View Post
    Yeah, that is what I said!

Then again you shouldn't belittle this India side. They have been extra ordinary at 'familiar conditions'. Just need to win the majority of the 'tough' tours.

You must remember, even the great Aussie side of 00's needed a green top at Nagpur 2004 to win a series in India.
    I am not belittling India but they have a long way to go. Dominant at home - yes, but poor away.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am not belittling India but they have a long way to go. Dominant at home - yes, but poor away.
    They just beat Sri Lanka away, 3-0.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's watch the whole movie before reviewing it.

This is a 'new' team in their adventure, lets judge at the end of 2018-19 season.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OP has never seen the Australian side of the 2000s with a thread like this.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh for the love of good.

One world class batter, that too is someone who is much more vulnerable outside off stump than the majority of great batsmen are.

Sharma, Dhawan, Saha etc are not test class batsmen.

Not a single great fast bowler. Gillespie and Lee were better fast bowlers than anyone in the Indian team, let alone McGrath.

A overrated spinner in Ashwin. Ashwin isn't a great spinner by any measure. Stuart McGill was a better spinner than Ashwin, forget about Warne.

A decent pace attack, a mediocre batting line up. Where is the greatness? To be fair, our (Pak) test team is terrible at the moment. But we are not making claims of greatness either.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The mandatory bump.

We all know that Aussies of 00s were one of the best ever.

But the purpose of this bump is to emphasize the fact that how easily one team can reach #1 by performing on home (doctored) tracks. Their #1 ranked bowler who can't even make to the final XI.

Historical stats can be treacherous.

Both Ashwin/Jadeja are fake.
    VK's test batting average should be taken with a huge mountain of salt.
    VK's captaincy is ... well, meh.

This Indian team < Ganguly's team.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Somewhere in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big LOL at this thread..

OP should compare the current team vs the 2000 indian team and em sure 2000's indian team was faaaar better than current indian team which is home and flat track bully while 2000's indian team had legends like ganguly, tendulkar, dravid, laxman etc..
    Last edited by hadi123; 17th January 2018 at 13:58.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Become the India of the 2000s first..

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    Become the India of the 2000s first..
    by losing series to Aus and SA at home ... sure. And now you will run away from here as usual ...
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 17th January 2018 at 14:59.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by losing series to Aus and SA at home ... sure. And now you will run away from here as usual ...
    The time India lost to SA was hardly the peak team of the 2000s. It was pretty much at the peak of the Match fixing saga.. and every single team lost to that Australian team which is arguably the greatest cricket team of all time with a Laureus sports team of the year award ( The only cricket team to ever get that honor). I'm pretty sure that Indian team didn't go 1-18 in Aus/SA/NZ/Eng either.

Also, don't be so insecure of your arguments that you start making judgements even before the other person has replied lol.
    Last edited by hadi123; 17th January 2018 at 15:44.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Aussie team is the 2nd best side ever after 75-91 WI.

No other team bar those 2 is truly great.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    The time India lost to SA was hardly the peak team of the 2000s. It was pretty much at the peak of the Match fixing saga.. and every single team lost to that Australian team which is arguably the greatest cricket team of all time with a Laureus sports team of the year award ( The only cricket team to ever get that honor). I'm pretty sure that Indian team didn't go 1-18 in Aus/SA/NZ/Eng either.
    lol predictably more excuses ... that team lost to Eng in Mumbai despite playing on a square turner and then were unable to win against SA in 2008 and had to settle for a Draw. then there was the drawn series against Pakistan in 1999 and the B'lore test loss to Pak in 2007. Lost in SL 2008 and 2001 and I could keep going ...

Also, don't be so insecure of your arguments that you start making judgements even before the other person has replied lol. You've run away from more threads than I can count on my fingers.
    Its actually the opposite and you know it ... feel free to bump up the threads where you think I ran away and I will respond. And yes you WILL run away from this one as well. Wait and watch.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol predictably more excuses ... that team lost to Eng in Mumbai despite playing on a square turner and then were unable to win against SA in 2008 and had to settle for a Draw. then there was the drawn series against Pakistan in 1999 and the B'lore test loss to Pak in 2007. Lost in SL 2008 and 2001 and I could keep going ...

Its actually the opposite and you know it ... feel free to bump up the threads where you think I ran away and I will respond. And yes you WILL run away from this one as well. Wait and watch.
    That team also drew 1-1 in Aus
    Won in England
    Won in NZ
    Won for the first time in WI since 1971
    Won in Pakistan for the first time in history
    .. along with being unbeaten at home except Aus 2004.

There is just no comparison.

Also, I did bump the Kohli ODI thread which you abandoned after being presented with facts. You'll abandon this one as well after your rhetoric game dries out..