Ben Stokes WHO? Move out of the way, Shakib Al Hasan has always been THE GREATEST all-rounder

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)

Ben Stokes WHO? Move out of the way, Shakib Al Hasan has always been THE GREATEST all-rounder

What a MAGNIFICENT knock, the greatest of all time in Champions Trophy history my word! I just can't beleive what I just witnessed, it was one for the ages, BD were 44-4 at one point! Oh my god in heaven, what just happened?! this is SUPER HUMAN ! SHAKIB IS AN ALIEN! that should be his new nickname SHAKIB THE ALIEN AL HASSAN!

Goodness me, simply incredible!

He has stunned the world time and time again, is the most consistent all rounder across all forms and across all conditions and it is time WE PUT HIM ON A PEDESTAL because that man deserves it!

As I've said before, playing for BD has been a unique challenges for the likes of Shakib, Tamim and co they find themselves under pressures which other teams do not, they literally are the glue which has held BD together and that extra weight on their shoulders must be factored in when we judge them because their performances are of even greater value. How many times will Stokes ever have to walk into bat when Eng are 44-4? He has been lucky to play in a powerful batting line up, Shakib has not benefited from the cushion of a world class team but has delivered time and time again but now with a bit of support BD are flourishing more then ever!

Take a bow Shakib! incredible! what a wonderful player!

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Definitely the best allrounder of the century

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Easy bro.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stokes is a big bottler and don't compare in quality to Shakib.

Never was a competition.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    Easy bro.
    Wow, no need for your sarcasm Executioner; am a bigger BD fan then you go away with your badwa

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Stokes is a big bottler and don't compare in quality to Shakib.

Never was a competition.
    True I was supposed to point that out in the OP not sure how I forgot it who could ever forget his choke in the T20 WC final, he doesn't have the genetics to succeed poor guy originates from kiwi land

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best proper AR since peak Botham. Kallis was a batsmen and bit-part bowler. Ashwin is a bowler who can bat a bit. Shak is a genuine AR and one of the top 5 Asian cricketers of alltime.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stokes burst onto the scene just recetly, Shakib has been there for a decade and has seen the days of losing to the likes of Zimbabwe and Kenya yet has always been on the top of his game! He's seen the transition from minnow to a very good ODI team right in front of his eyes and he's adjusted so perfectly, it is beyond the average cricket fan's perception.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I meant best allrounder of the century so far ofcourse.

Not comparing with ATG like Khan Dev Botham Sobers

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has always been one of the best all rounders going around. Doesn't get the recognition he deserve mainly because of the Asian bias and the theory floated around by the English, Aussies and self loathing subcontinent fans who give less importance to performances in Asian conditions.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Been a fan of Shakib since our series in 2008 when Bangla boys toured us

Was one of the few Bangladeshi played a to leave With an improved reputation

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Stokes burst onto the scene just recetly, Shakib has been there for a decade and has seen the days of losing to the likes of Zimbabwe and Kenya yet has always been on the top of his game! He's seen the transition from minnow to a very good ODI team right in front of his eyes and he's adjusted so perfectly, it is beyond the average cricket fan's perception.
    It's sad because playing for a minnow in those days meant that he'd not get as much recognition for his feats but I've always rated the bloke! glad the old warrior is reminding the world of his greatness and it's about time everyone took their hats of to the legend! what a journey it has been for him

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant best allrounder of the century so far ofcourse.

Not comparing with ATG like Khan Dev Botham Sobers
    Easily better than Dev, Hadlee and Kallis as an ALL ROUNDER. He is equally good with bat/ball. Dev was a moderate bowler and batsmen - but combined a top player. Khan was a great bowler but a moderate bat.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better than Sobers.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Easily better than Dev, Hadlee and Kallis as an ALL ROUNDER. He is equally good with bat/ball. Dev was a moderate bowler and batsmen - but combined a top player. Khan was a great bowler but a moderate bat.
    We have officially crossed a new level of delusion.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Better than Sobers.
    No, as GS was a true allrounder. Botham was a true AR. Hadlee/Kallis were not (great in 1 aspect, ave in the other). Dev is ave/ave but in 1 player that adds up to very valuable. Khan was a great bowler and a good batsman BUT never (or rarely) together.

Shak is very good/good at the same time.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Shakib is fantastic, but most teams will opt to have Stokes over Shakib in every format, and so will I.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Shakib is fantastic, but most teams will opt to have Stokes over Shakib in every format, and so will I.
    I second that. Perhaps because Stokes is a more flashy player in both departments. Can bowl some deliveries are frighteningly quick speeds and is a very dangerous and strong batsman who hits more sixes than most guys in the team. He brings a certain X factor to the side which Shakib doesn't.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shakib is the current best spin all rounder
    Stokes is the current best pace all rounder

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second that. Perhaps because Stokes is a more flashy player in both departments. Can bowl some deliveries are frighteningly quick speeds and is a very dangerous and strong batsman who hits more sixes than most guys in the team. He brings a certain X factor to the side which Shakib doesn't.
    Don't forget his fielding. He is one of the best of not THE best fielder going around

For me, Stokes is better than Shakib. This thread is the usual hype after one odd big performance by a player.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    But you have a bias to England even more then me! and am born here

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Stick Stokesy in the BD team and I guarantee you he would choke 7.5 times out of 10

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Don't forget his fielding. He is one of the best of not THE best fielder going around

For me, Stokes is better than Shakib. This thread is the usual hype after one odd big performance by a player.
    That's very ignorant of you, Shakib has been consistent for over a decade!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Jeddah,KSA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In current scenario, someone like shakib in place of Hafeez will make our team into a very good unit.

Shakib over Stokes any day.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Stokes is a box-office player and one of the biggest stars in the game already. Along with Kohli, he is going to go down as one of the most memorable players of this era.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    But you have a bias to England even more then me! and am born here
    I would have said the same even if Stokes would have played for SA or Australia.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stokes is a box-office player and one of the biggest stars in the game already. Along with Kohli, he is going to go down as one of the most memorable players of this era.
    Stokes can choke though!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I would have said the same even if Stokes would have played for SA or Australia.
    Am not sure because Amla plays for SA and you don't have the same eyes for AUS as you do for ENG they are your favourite team and Pak is your second pretty sure you said something along those lines a while back

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ODIs:
    Flintoff - 138 matches, 3293 runs, 31.97 ave, 3 centuries, 168 wickets, 23.61 B avg, 2 fifers
    Botham - 116 Mtaches, 2113 runs, 23.21 ave, 0 centuries, 145 wickets, 28.54 B avg, 0 fifers
    Stokes - 57 Mtaches, 1418 runs, 31.51 ave, 2 centuries, 49 wickets, 37.91 B avg, 1 fifers

Shakib - 176 Mtaches, 4968 runs, 34.98 ave, 5 centuries, 224 wickets, 29.25 B avg, 1 fifers

Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Am not sure because Amla plays for SA and you don't have the same eyes for AUS as you do for ENG they are your favourite team and Pak is your second pretty sure you said something along those lines a while back
    The opposite. Pakistan favourite; England second favourite.

I don't like soft players. QdK, Faf and Rabada are Saffers too, but amongst my favourite players.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Stokes can choke though!
    Only once so far. A choker lets his team down frequently under pressure. If he chokes in this tournament at a key moment, it will be a worrying sign for England because then there will be a pattern to his choking.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad, Shakib has 7 centuries not 5.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it, how people compare Shakib with Stokes?

Shakib - 176 Mtaches, 4968 runs, 34.98 ave, 224 wickets, 29.25 avg
    Stokes - 57 Mtaches, 1418 runs, 31.51 ave, 49 wickets, 37.91 avg

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imteaz View Post

Potential (myth not actual output) and love of fast bowling.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ben stokes and shakib are both extremely elite. shakib has honestly all ready gone down as one of the greatest all rounders ever, and ben stokes will soon

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stats don't show everything.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    I hope this is sarcasm.

Shakib is the indeed the best pure allrounder in the world and has been since many years now. New faces are emerging now but Shakib has held his own in world cricket.

Having said that, to say he is "easily better" than some past greats who had performed in hostile conditions against the most dangerous bowlers is pushing it a bit. For instance, Kapil Dev has such an impactful record with bat and ball against the mighty west indies when they were at the top of their game.

Having said that, Shakib is still young and has time to influence results in favour of his team against the top sides in all formats to stake a claim as better than some of the past great all rounders.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Agreed..Shakib is too good.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Afridi was also a box office player and one of the biggest stars in game.

And then you dont rate ABD who himself is a big superstar and a massive box office player.

Clearly the bias is there.

Shakib has been so clutch and effective in turning Bangladesh from minnows to a decent team that its not even worth question.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Afridi was also a box office player and one of the biggest stars in game.

And then you dont rate ABD who himself is a big superstar and a massive box office player.

Clearly the bias is there.

Shakib has been so clutch and effective in turning Bangladesh from minnows to a decent team that its not even worth question.
    Stokes is a better performer at Test level than Afridi. His stock is higher.

De Villiers? a box-office coward.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stokes is a better performer at Test level than Afridi. His stock is higher.

De Villiers? a box-office coward.
    What box office coward..LOL..now a new word has been found. As usual you dont have worthy argument to put and that is what you end up doing.

Stokes is much inferior superstar compared to ABD. Its not even worth question. Arguably the most overrated cricketer going around.Both Ashwin and Shakib are superior test cricketers to him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imteaz View Post

Would like to see a more recent comparison - maybe last 2/3 years?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    What box office coward..LOL..now a new word has been found. As usual you dont have worthy argument to put and that is what you end up doing.

Stokes is much inferior superstar compared to ABD. Its not even worth question. Arguably the most overrated cricketer going around.Both Ashwin and Shakib are superior test cricketers to him.
    Stokes has only been around for a 3-4 years while de Villiers is a veteran of 100 Tests. However, at the rate Stokes is going and progression, he will end up as one of the biggest stars of this era. Probably second to Kohli only.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stokes has only been around for a 3-4 years while de Villiers is a veteran of 100 Tests. However, at the rate Stokes is going and progression, he will end up as one of the biggest stars of this era. Probably second to Kohli only.
    He is not even the best player in England let alone becoming 2nd biggest star of the era and his terrible attitude isn't taking him too far. He won't even make it to top 5 cricketers of his era let alone being the 2nd biggest of his era. And using the word "star" isn't going to save him given his terrible attitude and character. Not to forget number of times he has bottled it up on big occasions.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    He is not even the best player in England let alone becoming 2nd biggest star of the era and his terrible attitude isn't taking him too far. He won't even make it to top 5 cricketers of his era let alone being the 2nd biggest of his era. And using the word "star" isn't going to save him given his terrible attitude and character. Not to forget number of times he has bottled it up on big occasions.
    He has only bottled once, which is not enough to be labelled a choker.

De Villiers has all the talent in the world, but not the heart and the character to be a great of the game. For the bulk of his Test career, he was carried by superior Test players like Kallis, Smith, Amla and Steyn. Now that the former two have retired and Steyn is on his last legs, SA need him more than never. How does de Villiers respond? He chickens out to prolong his IPL career.

In ODIs, he is the best batsman in the team by a mile, but prefers to hide behind the top-order, while Amla, de Kock and du Plessis do the dirty work at the top. In addition, he has not won SA a single knockout match in any ICC tournament with his bat, and he regularly bottles big chases. Not to forget, a poor captain.

Stokes should be disappointed if he does not overtake de Villiers as a cricketer, considering the amount of ability that he possesses.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stokes is really Good. I would have him in our side easily tbh but I think Shakib has simply​ survived the test of.tim
    Not just survive but thrive.

Infact since 2009 he had the following competitors as the best allrounder-

Afridi
    Watto
    Hafeez
    Jadeja
    Corey Anderson
    Ashwin
    Now Stokes

But one name was always constant was Shakib. However i would not say he is underrated or anything else. The whole world knows him. Everyone knows about Shakib, premier leagues, comms, experts and who else.

He doesn't need recognition of internet warriors. All the stats are there on Cricinfo and the rankings are in ICC's website. True he deserves a trophy in his cabinet

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are different, Stokes can be a brutal, destructive player on his day while Shakib will quietly go on about his task like he did today.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He has only bottled once, which is not enough to be labelled a choker.

De Villiers has all the talent in the world, but not the heart and the character to be a great of the game. For the bulk of his Test career, he was carried by superior Test players like Kallis, Smith, Amla and Steyn. Now that the former two have retired and Steyn is on his last legs, SA need him more than never. How does de Villiers respond? He chickens out to prolong his IPL career.

In ODIs, he is the best batsman in the team by a mile, but prefers to hide behind the top-order, while Amla, de Kock and du Plessis do the dirty work at the top. In addition, he has not won SA a single knockout match in any ICC tournament with his bat, and he regularly bottles big chases. Not to forget, a poor captain.

Stokes should be disappointed if he does not overtake de Villiers as a cricketer, considering the amount of ability that he possesses.
    Stokes bottled from situations where most would have won it. And there has been several occassions in tests where he has failed to show up with the bat when mattered.He is still a good test cricketer but in limited formats he hasnt done much and his terrible attitude makes it worse for him.

As for de Villiers is concerned, he was a major part of the big four- Smith, Kallis, Amla, AB and has had a very successful test career. Obviously, batting at 5 he cant win games single-handedly for his team but time and again he has performed and won games for South Africa. If carrying him was so easy then the likes of JP would also be averaging 40-45 in his test career.But that wasn't the case.

As for winning an ICC knockout is concerned, again its a team game and combination of individuals won game not one player. AB has scored in a knockout game vs NZ and took his team to an excellent total before rain interrupted and then some poor fielding cost them the match. That's not his fault. His only failure in knockout worth questioning was ICC CT 2013 semis and that can be negotiated as every player has such occassions. Kohli had it in WC semis vs Australia and that's acceptable.

Here the comparison isn't about Stokes and ABD but its about Shakib. So lets stay there only.AB is in different class to Stokes in odis and Stokes still has long way to go in tests.

As for Shakib, he is a superior cricketer overall to Stokes.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad/Auckland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick Stokesy in the BD team and I guarantee you he would choke 7.5 times out of 10
    Probably Shazzy. I do admit that he is a choker after seeing what Carlos Brathwaite did to him but everyone gets under pressure sometimes. His game is perfect for the conditions he plays in. And like @Mamoon said, while Shakib ul Hasan may be better, I would have Stokes in my XI 7 days out of 10.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no doubt that Stokes is very fine allrounder. Many of the neutral fans would have him in playing xi at ease(he might benched Shakib). But honestly he has to play couple of more years to compare with Shakib.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stokes looking to smash the Aussies after coming in at 35-3.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stokes who

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shakib has passed over his power to Stokes for the day.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stokes to score a 70 ball hundred for Bangladesh

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stokes doing it against Starc,Cummins!

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    PUNJAB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shakib is up there but Stokes is just way ahead as a batsman right now. Look at the way he is toying with 145+ kph bowling. Brutal.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stokes is Brutal plus he is also a fast bowler, more energetic.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stokes for me, man whoever is playing against them in semis , please book your ticket in advance

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scintillating counter-attack from Ben. What a turnaround!

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stokes can be more destructive but inconsistent. shakib is better now but i feel it will change soon as stokes matures

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakib himself is in poor form, it's not like he always scores those centuries.

Stokes is way ahead. Stokes can even get his team centuries in 70 Ball's, Shakib lacks that firepower.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Back to the debate Shakib has performed over a decade and also is a better bowler.

As for batting Shakib is less destructive but more consistent. Stoles is destructive but comparatively less consistent.

Right now stokes is in red hot form. Shakib is going through a rough patch. So I can understand why fans will prefer stokes over Shakib right now

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakib won't survive 20 balls against Australia.

If my team needs 100 of the last 12 overs, I know who I will take in my team.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Some people need to watch more cricket. Stokes is one of the top three cricketers in the world. Incredible all-round player.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Meh, good knock but he still is cushioned in that line up but narrow minded Stokes fan-girls will worship him even though he's not been consistent like Shakib but does have a big famous choke to his name. Shakib's knock was way way better in the CT and it came when the stakes were high on the back of immense pressure BD were like 44-4

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Back to the debate Shakib has performed over a decade and also is a better bowler.

As for batting Shakib is less destructive but more consistent. Stoles is destructive but comparatively less consistent.

Right now stokes is in red hot form. Shakib is going through a rough patch. So I can understand why fans will prefer stokes over Shakib right now
    Exactly, Stokes is world class but to suggest he is better then Shakib is BEYOND moronic. Let's see if he can be consistent for over decade then we will see if he compares.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In test shakib > Stock
    In Odi Stock > shakib
    In t20 shakib / stock.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stokes seems to have a higher ceiling especially when it comes to Batting.But Shakib is proven over years of good work, and has carried Bangladesh to respectable positions even in their weaker phases.

But Stokes plays for Englands greatest ever LOI sides. The circumstances he faces are way more different. If we can see him pull off innings like today again we can THEN put him ahead.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people need to watch more cricket. Stokes is one of the top three cricketers in the world. Incredible all-round player.
    yess u were right about stokes,he is a clutch player and destructive....he is up there with AB and his bowling is top class....i will always prefer a spin all rounder over seam....so for me stokes will do wonders with the bat as he is doing and his bowling will be up there as well..

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry seam all rounder over spin,,,it needs hard work and fitness to be a seam all rounder in modern era...

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDwarriors View Post
    In test shakib > Stock
    In Odi Stock > shakib
    In t20 shakib / stock.
    no in t20 stokes is miles ahead,odi stokes in tests in asia definitely shakib in england and aus plus RSA ,it is stokes....

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    Aberdeen, Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    266 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Who are the other 2?

Kohli and.....

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDwarriors View Post
    In test shakib > Stock
    In Odi Stock > shakib
    In t20 shakib / stock.
    shakib can only dream of 258 against the mighty south african attack in south africa...and he has many crucial speel to his credit in tests...

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    yess u were right about stokes,he is a clutch player and destructive....he is up there with AB and his bowling is top class....i will always prefer a spin all rounder over seam....so for me stokes will do wonders with the bat as he is doing and his bowling will be up there as well..
    No he is not. That hasn't been established.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    Who are the other 2?

Kohli and.....
    Starc

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    No he is not. That hasn't been established.
    did u see him today,,an innings against pak in bilaterals signs are there...he will be there if not..but i think he is..

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry But ,this is an OTT thread & Stokes just showed why the world reveres him !!! Shakib Al Hasan is good but Stokes is a Tier 1 League All Rounder...However,Stokes likes the ball coming onto the bat....His Inn today & 250+ vs Saffers .....So,I wud look to pick a real quality Off Spinner against him !!!! But , In this form I doubt,he'll throw his wkt away that easily.....

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well done Geordie Hobbit for sending those Wallabies home!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLORY OF '92 View Post
    Who are the other 2?

Kohli and.....
    Third one is debatable, but I'd go for Smith at this point.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7770 Post(s)
    Tagged
    41 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    He needs to improve his control with the ball which should come with age. However, he is already a wicket-taker and can bowl 90+ effortlessly when he is in the zone. If he doesn't contribute with either bat or ball, he does something special in the field.

An incredible talent and a massive loss for NZ, who have much inferior all-rounders like Anderson and Neesham in their team.