Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    That first innings was indeed brilliant despite the fact he was dropped early.
    It was a world class innings! It’s not like I am denying it.

What do you have to say about the performances I mentioned.
    26 runs in 5 innings and 0 wickets in last two test matches.
    He must be a special player to play 5 innings in 2 test matches

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    I just don’t find him good enough. I hope seeing his performances I have the right to think he is going to be a flop player at international level.
    Or is it only because he is Indian?

I hope I look less stupid now with him scoring 26 runs in last 5 innings and taken no wicket in the last two matches in these conditions...
    He obviously has to improve his bowling, and I have hopes that will happen.

Though he failed with the bat and the ball, he still made a critical difference with his fielding. His catch of Amla put SA on the path to defeat when they were cruising.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    He obviously has to improve his bowling, and I have hopes that will happen.

Though he failed with the bat and the ball, he still made a critical difference with his fielding. His catch of Amla put SA on the path to defeat when they were cruising.
    He also missed 3 straight forward run out chances. I agree that Hardik is a great prospect and we all want him to succeed but again we should not be oblivious to other options available in domestic cricket. We don't want another Rohit Sharma in the test team. He still needs few more chances and his bowling needs lots of improvement as he isn't worth his place in the team just as a number 6 batter in Tests. He is good for ODI and T20 teams though.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @OmarKhan99 i can't take you seriously after your last line that faheem is ahead at this stage. So 60 against bd in warm up match is better than pandya's 90 against sa' 4 man pace attack. if you talked about faheem's potential then i can agree but No, faheem did nothing till now other than chirping with some wickets.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    He must be a special player to play 5 innings in 2 test matches
    Indeed very special!

In case you missed it, I will try to be more clear:
    - Scored 26 runs in his last 5 innings.
    - took no wickets in the last 2 matches.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    He also missed 3 straight forward run out chances. I agree that Hardik is a great prospect and we all want him to succeed but again we should not be oblivious to other options available in domestic cricket. We don't want another Rohit Sharma in the test team. He still needs few more chances and his bowling needs lots of improvement as he isn't worth his place in the team just as a number 6 batter in Tests. He is good for ODI and T20 teams though.
    I agree he has to improve to be a part of the Test team, both his batting and bowling. I think he will make that improvement.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhonixi View Post
    @OmarKhan99 i can't take you seriously after your last line that faheem is ahead at this stage. So 60 against bd in warm up match is better than pandya's 90 against sa' 4 man pace attack. if you talked about faheem's potential then i can agree but No, faheem did nothing till now other than chirping with some wickets.
    Bro, you got it all wrong. I said at this stage of the career, as in both 8 months into their career. Obviously, Hardik has played quite a few very good knocks, but when comparing players we should compare both of them at the same stage of the career. Very unfair to compare a player 2 years into his International Career and who has played a lot of IPL to a player who has played a handful of International games and is yet to play the PSL.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Another brilliant showing by world's best all rounder.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wish Pakistan had an alrounder like Pandya

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even then faheem did nothing. Pandya atleast showed his potential in some innings. Faheem is all talk with bat.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Even then faheem did nothing. Pandya atleast showed his potential in some innings. Faheem is all talk with bat.
    Pandya may be better than Faheem but you must check how the usual suspects overhyped him and didn't even feel embarrassed to compare him with Stokes.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is hyping or ridiculing in Subcontinent for every cricketer. There is no middle ground. Pandya show's his potential in some innings. First innings of first test against sa best attack is as good as it gets.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But but Pandya vs Faheem will be worse than Kohli vs Umar

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hardik Sobers Pandya concentrates more on the color and length of his hair than the line and length of his bowling.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    As mentioned before, to discuss/monitor Pandya's progress, his individual thread needs to be bumped. Fahim has done absolutely nothing in his career so far to merit a comparison with Pandya, who is the most exciting young all-rounder in the game based on his performances since the last summer, and has created quite a name for himself.

Fahim is a nobody outside Pakistan and for good reason. Pandya can fail for the rest of his career but this comparison will not have any legs unless and until Fahim manages to put himself on equal footing, i.e. by replicating some of the outstanding innings that Pandya has played against the likes of Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.

Unfortunately, it appears highly unlikely because Fahim looks a deeply mediocre slogger and a below average bowler. His hype seems desperate at times - Pakistani fans are desperate for a world class fast bowling all-rounder to emerge but I don't think he is the answer.

Pandya is not consistent at the moment, but there is a spark in his game that looks well beyond Fahim's capabilities. He is a brutal hitter and has proved himself on multiple occasions now. There is no question about his ability, but it is mentally that will drive his career forward.

In my view, he has the mental edge to become a champion cricketer, but the only thing he needs is experience. I should also add that Kohli is a fantastic mentor for a character like him who is pretty much destined to take over from him as captain one day. This comparison is embarrassing for Pandya - ability wise, he is in the league of players like Kapil and Stokes.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no. Pandya is now an ATG after that fluke wicket!!

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Well Well! Pandya has just brought India back into the game

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    As mentioned before, to discuss/monitor Pandya's progress, his individual thread needs to be bumped. Fahim has done absolutely nothing in his career so far to merit a comparison with Pandya, who is the most exciting young all-rounder in the game based on his performances since the last summer, and has created quite a name for himself.

Fahim is a nobody outside Pakistan and for good reason. Pandya can fail for the rest of his career but this comparison will not have any legs unless and until Fahim manages to put himself on equal footing, i.e. by replicating some of the outstanding innings that Pandya has played against the likes of Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, Sri Lanka etc.

Unfortunately, it appears highly unlikely because Fahim looks a deeply mediocre slogger and a below average bowler. His hype seems desperate at times - Pakistani fans are desperate for a world class fast bowling all-rounder to emerge but I don't think he is the answer.

Pandya is not consistent at the moment, but there is a spark in his game that looks well beyond Fahim's capabilities. He is a brutal hitter and has proved himself on multiple occasions now. There is no question about his ability, but it is mentally that will drive his career forward.

In my view, he has the mental edge to become a champion cricketer, but the only thing he needs is experience. I should also add that Kohli is a fantastic mentor for a character like him who is pretty much destined to take over from him as captain one day. This comparison is embarrassing for Pandya - ability wise, he is in the league of players like Kapil and Stokes.
    So far Pandya has shown himself to be a spin basher and a brainless bowler.

But no of course being Indian he is the best thing since sliced bread.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pandya changed the game in India's favour by getting AB's wicket, AB was looking menacing hitting sixes at will, all these haters got egg on their face, this is why people should wait before the match ends as All Rounders can change the game at any moment of the match.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Oh no. Pandya is now an ATG after that fluke wicket!!
    Well, he consistently troubled Amla, Miller and even ABD a few times (apart from that boundary ball) with extra bounce and zip. So, he more than deserved the wicket.
    Last edited by Abhilash93; 10th February 2018 at 18:23.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Run-of-the-mill type cricketers like Fahim come and go. I think he perfectly encapsulates the mediocrity that Pakistan cricket has become today.

On the other hand, Pandya is a good example of the big leap that Indian cricket has taken since the turn of the millennium - aggressive, supremely fit athlete, and has the confidence and the mental strength to not be overawed by any occasion and deliver against any opposition.

It will be very disappointing for India if he does not fulfill his potential, but on the brighter side, young Indian cricketers not fulfilling their potential is increasingly become a rarity, which is a consequence of the great education and exposure that the young Indian cricketers have today.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    Pandya changed the game in India's favour by getting AB's wicket, AB was looking menacing hitting sixes at will, all these haters got egg on their face, this is why people should wait before the match ends as All Rounders can change the game at any moment of the match.
    Yeah let this game finish first. At the moment he is getting a phainty but since he is a world class all rounder he might make a comeback and take a hatttick.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

To be there isn't much a difference. They're both pretty underwhelming. Pandya is an ok batsmen and poor bowler, Fahim is an ok bowler and a poor batsmen.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhilash93 View Post
    Well, he consistently troubled Amla, Miller and even ABD a few times (apart from that boundary ball) with extra bounce and zip. So, he more than deserved the wicket.
    He is a trash and unreliable bowler. The quicker you understand this the better it will be for you.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
    Same people used to write Stokes off in the past as a pretender. Being an all-rounder is not easy - if you fail with both bat and ball, you will standout and get criticized more, as opposed to a batsman or a bowler who is expected to deliver in one aspect only.

Pandya is a superb cricketer and his best is yet to come. He is in very safe hands and his potential will be harnessed by Kohli and BCCI.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    To be there isn't much a difference. They're both pretty underwhelming. Pandya is an ok batsmen and poor bowler, Fahim is an ok bowler and a poor batsmen.
    It will be a miracle for Fahim to match (over the course of his whole career) what Pandya has done with the bat over the last 6-7 months alone. He has superb potential with the bat - I believe he can be a better batsman than Stokes.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya has been horrible in this series. No way in hell he is much better than Faheem. They are on the same level.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Pandya has been horrible in this series. No way in hell he is much better than Faheem. They are on the same level.
    To be on the same level Fahim has to produce the type of knocks Pandya has since summer of 2017. Unless and until he does that, a comparison between the two cannot be established no matter how poorly Pandya performs.

Pandya cannot fall to Fahim’s level; Fahim has to raise his game to match the former’s impressive body of work, which surpasses that of any young all-rounder since Stokes.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Way better fielder and bowls faster.Also has a Test century.Definitely not on the same level.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be on the same level Fahim has to produce the type of knocks Pandya has since summer of 2017. Unless and until he does that, a comparison between the two cannot be established no matter how poorly Pandya performs.

Pandya cannot fall to Fahim’s level; Fahim has to raise his game to match the former’s impressive body of work, which surpasses that of any young all-rounder since Stokes.
    Lol you are the biggest Pandya drum beater here

These “impressive knocks” from Pandya are no different to knocks like Mohammad Amir’s 50 off 22 balls against England and Hasan Ali’s 50 against New Zealand.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Way better fielder and bowls faster.Also has a Test century.Definitely not on the same level.
    Faheem is faster. Much better bowler. No comparison at all between the two in-terms of bowling tbh. Just as there's no comparison between the two in-terms of batting. Both might improve their weaker suits in the future.

Although Pandya's returns this series have been beyond awful to say the least.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These “impressive knocks” from Pandya are no different to knocks like Mohammad Amir’s 50 off 22 balls against England and Hasan Ali’s 50 against New Zealand.
    Well said.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Faheem is faster. Much better bowler. No comparison at all between the two in-terms of bowling tbh. Just as there's no comparison between the two in-terms of batting. Both might improve their weaker suits in the future.

Lol Faheem isn’t even that bad with the bat. Way better than Pandya against the pacers who can only have wild heaves.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell I just re-checked.

Pandya is averaging 13 with the bat and a whopping 147 with the ball (at an econ of 6) in this series.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pandya is averaging 13 with the bat and a whopping 147 with the ball (at an econ of 6) in this series.
    Kapil Dev part 2 confirmed?

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notice how this guy defends Pandya more than Indians....

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol Faheem isn’t even that bad with the bat. Way better than Pandya against the pacers who can only have wild heaves.
    Another thing to note, Pandya will be an absolute failure on Aussie wickets against bowlers with good pace. His game against the short ball is weak.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So can anyone tell me fahim's any 30 runs innings. Let's see what he had done with bat. He is half bowler but pure tailender with bat. Only good enough for one six.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares about these numbers. SA have fluked the wickets. Pandya is an ATG and better than Stokes. That Pandya hairstyle and Sixes yaar what a shoopershtar!!

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railu Katta View Post
    Who cares about these numbers. SA have fluked the wickets. Pandya is an ATG and better than Stokes. That Pandya hairstyle and Sixes yaar what a shoopershtar!!
    Pandya is already an ATG if you wanna talk about the hairstyle ls only.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The performance of Pandya in this SA series clearly shows that his other knocks like 83* were massive flukes. Everything that could go well went well and 9 times out of 10 Pandya would never be able to play that kind of an innings.

Had he performed in this series, the opinion that Pandya’s innings are not a fluke could have held some weight.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So can anyone tell me fahim's any 30 runs innings. Let's see what he had done with bat. He is half bowler but pure tailender with bat. Only good enough for one six.
    While I don't think Faheem is comparable to Pandya as a batsman based on what I have seen, he has had 7 innings so far. Pandya has had 24 innings, more than thrice the amount of opportunities Faheem has had.

As a bowler there is no comparison whatsoever. Pandya is a 5th/6th bowler to fill-in overs. Faheem is a proper third pacer.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon has bee writing long essays about two mediocre cricketers.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I don't think Faheem is comparable to Pandya as a batsman based on what I have seen, he has had 7 innings so far. Pandya has had 24 innings, more than thrice the amount of opportunities Faheem has had.

As a bowler there is no comparison whatsoever. Pandya is a 5th/6th bowler to fill-in overs. Faheem is a proper third pacer.
    He s not a proper 3rd pacer but he can be.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    If Faheem played for the current Indian ODI team he'd be the best pacer after Bumrah.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither has enough sample set now. But atleast Pandya showed his potential in batting against Pakistan, Australia. What faheem did against Sl is notwithstanding. He did nothing in batting and bowling till now. Let him do something in any facet. He is not good enough for 3rd pacer but whatever helps you.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem is a bowling all rounder but Pandya is neither a batting all rounder, bowling all rounder or all rounder. He is a @Railu Katta

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled well in the NZ thrashing. At times out-bowled Hasan Ali in the middle overs. If Rumman Raees can be called a third pacer, Faheem definitely was head and shoulders above Rumman. I think he will turn out to be a good bowler with decent hitting abilities. The thing with Faheem is that he doesn't look the type that knows how to build an innings.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither has enough sample set now. But atleast Pandya showed his potential in batting against Pakistan, Australia. What faheem did against Sl is notwithstanding. He did nothing in batting and bowling till now. Let him do something in any facet. He is not good enough for 3rd pacer but whatever helps you.
    If Faheem is not a 3rd pacer, Pandya is not good enough to bowl. It's embarrassing how your 'all-rounder' hardly ever bowls more than 6 overs. He has bowled 25 overs in South Africa so far. That's an average of about 6 overs per match.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He bowled well in the NZ thrashing. At times out-bowled Hasan Ali in the middle overs. If Rumman Raees can be called a third pacer, Faheem definitely was head and shoulders above Rumman. I think he will turn out to be a good bowler with decent hitting abilities. The thing with Faheem is that he doesn't look the type that knows how to build an innings.
    Neither he nor rumman are the 3rd pacers,But he can be,he looks to be raw and can improve.i mean fahim.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this thread will not turn again into like umar akmal vs kohli, where lot of posters still taking humble pie after lots of big talk. Faheem did nothing till now, atleast wait till he do something in either batting or bowling. Even Kohli showed potential but he took off exponentially from 2012.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Usman Chadda i didn't tell anytime that pandya showed anything in bowling. He is good enough for only some overs, but his main suite is his batting. He showed lots of potential in batting.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither he nor rumman are the 3rd pacers,But he can be,he looks to be raw and can improve.i mean fahim.
    With Junaid back and Shenwari regaining his fitness, I see your point.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Usman Chadda i didn't tell anytime that pandya showed anything in bowling. He is good enough for only some overs, but his main suite is his batting. He showed lots of potential in batting.
    Then he's not an all-rounder as some have proclaimed in this thread. Not talking about you. He's as much of an all-rounder as Shoaib Malik or Mahmudullah.

Pandya's batting failures this tour should be a concern for you lot though. Today's dismissal was downright awful for a finisher. Needs to improve against pace.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Both Amir and Hasan are tail-enders who can smack a few on their day. Shoaib Akhtar scored a 23 ball fifty vs England in the 2003 World Cup when Anderson had reduced our top-order to rubble, and once Saqlain and Waqar combined to take Pakistan home against India in Australia from an improbable position.

However, there is a method to Pandya’s madness. An ordinary batsman cannot score a 76 in 40 balls in a Champions Trophy Final, score 80 in 50 against Australia with his team in tatters, and follow it up with a composed 70 where he had to curb his aggression to guide the chase. Moreover, a gutsy 90 against a rampant South African attack with his team once again in trouble.

Those are the signs of a precious talent. All I see is people with small mentality trying to hold him back because they are too bitter to see an Indian cricketer on the rise. They tried it with Kohli for years before finally accepting defeat, and looks like they are now doing the same with Pandya.

Obviously, it will be almost impossible for him to become the giant Kohli is today, but there is no doubt that he has a great career ahead of him. This is the only place where people are trying to put him down, and it is not surprising why.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indians are getting impatient with pandya. He needs a spell on sidelines in academy and 1st class cricket to improve further and pay less attention to t20 cricket

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was an excellent catch by Makram. Can't do anything about it but yes, pandya needs to be consistent. But he has potential. So he needs backing @Usman Chadda

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon has bee writing long essays about two mediocre cricketers.
    Correction: a mediocre cricketer hyped out of bitterness and desperation, and the most exciting all-rounder to emerge since Stokes.

No prize for guessing who is the former and who is the latter.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction: a mediocre cricketer hyped out of bitterness and desperation, and the most exciting all-rounder to emerge since Stokes.

No prize for guessing who is the former and who is the latter.
    I can only guess it based on your posts history otherwise both are rubbish atm.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Both Amir and Hasan are tail-enders who can smack a few on their day. Shoaib Akhtar scored a 23 ball fifty vs England in the 2003 World Cup when Anderson had reduced our top-order to rubble, and once Saqlain and Waqar combined to take Pakistan home against India in Australia from an improbable position.

However, there is a method to Pandya’s madness. An ordinary batsman cannot score a 76 in 40 balls in a Champions Trophy Final, score 80 in 50 against Australia with his team in tatters, and follow it up with a composed 70 where he had to curb his aggression to guide the chase. Moreover, a gutsy 90 against a rampant South African attack with his team once again in trouble.

Those are the signs of a precious talent. All I see is people with small mentality trying to hold him back because they are too bitter to see an Indian cricketer on the rise. They tried it with Kohli for years before finally accepting defeat, and looks like they are now doing the same with Pandya.

Obviously, it will be almost impossible for him to become the giant Kohli is today, but there is no doubt that he has a great career ahead of him. This is the only place where people are trying to put him down, and it is not surprising why.
    I haven't really followed Pandya's career properly to have an informed opinion but I do like his attitude whenever I see him play.

However I will say that the 70 odd against Pakistan was nothing special. Pakistan had won the game and India had no way back. Shadab was just bowling him long hops (attempts to flight the ball) in the hopes that Pandya top edges one and gets Shadab a cheap wicket. If the match situation was different Shadab would have bowled differently and the sixes wouldn't have come that easily. And more importantly Hasan and Amir would have bowled and he is clearly nowhere as destructive against pace as spim. So really nothing to read much in that particular batting effort.

It was exactly comparable to Shoaib Akhtars effort against England mentioned earlier. Told us nothing. Certainly not an innings to base Pandya off.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys stop bashing @Mamoon. He really wants to see Pandya succeed. Don't forget, even Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal have fans in today's world.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I haven't really followed Pandya's career properly to have an informed opinion but I do like his attitude whenever I see him play.

However I will say that the 70 odd against Pakistan was nothing special. Pakistan had won the game and India had no way back. Shadab was just bowling him long hops (attempts to flight the ball) in the hopes that Pandya top edges one and gets Shadab a cheap wicket. If the match situation was different Shadab would have bowled differently and the sixes wouldn't have come that easily. And more importantly Hasan and Amir would have bowled and he is clearly nowhere as destructive against pace as spim. So really nothing to read much in that particular batting effort.

It was exactly comparable to Shoaib Akhtars effort against England mentioned earlier. Told us nothing. Certainly not an innings to base Pandya off.
    Shadab and Fakhar may have bowled long hops but that was some of the cleanest ball striking I have seen. I don’t envision many batsmen striking the ball like that in a similar situation. I won’t be wrong in saying that for a brief moment, he had everyone in Pakistan nervous.

Nonetheless, a bowler playing a knock like that is obviously going to create less buzz, especially when the bowler is no spring chicken and there is no hope of him becoming an all-rounder. However, for Pandya, that was the moment where he announced himself and he backed it up with some outstanding innings over the next few months.

It is disappointing but people are dishonest about him. The reaction would have been completely the opposite if he was Pakistani and Fahim was Indian.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Guys stop bashing @Mamoon. He really wants to see Pandya succeed. Don't forget, even Ahmed Shehzad and Umar Akmal have fans in today's world.
    As I stated in my previous post, what disappoints me is the level of bias that has been exhibited in this thread.

If Pandya would have been a Pakistani with the exact same performances so far, the hype would have been off the charts and the same people would have laughed at the idea of comparing him with a nobody Indian all-rounder called Fahim, who very recently got obliterated in a T20 in New Zealand and has never come close to scoring any runs barring a warmup against Bangladesh.

It is incredible how influential nationalism and patriotism can be, to the point where it is often impossible for people to put the shoe on the other foot and envision the opposite scenario.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I stated in my previous post, what disappoints me is the level of bias that has been exhibited in this thread.

If Pandya would have been a Pakistani with the exact same performances so far, the hype would have been off the charts and the same people would have laughed at the idea of comparing him with a nobody Indian all-rounder called Fahim, who very recently got obliterated in a T20 in New Zealand and has never come close to scoring any runs barring a warmup against Bangladesh.

It is incredible how influential nationalism and patriotism can be, to the point where it is often impossible for people to put the shoe on the other foot and envision the opposite scenario.
    The hype is already off the charts LOL.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The hype is already off the charts LOL.
    Yes, but you know what I mean. The people who are dissing him now would have been the ones hyping him if the color of his shirt would have been different.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but you know what I mean. The people who are dissing him now would have been the ones hyping him if the color of his shirt would have been different.
    Of course. But even Indian bros are realising he’s not the ATG all rounder he was made out to be.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Of course. But even Indian bros are realising he’s not the ATG all rounder he was made out to be.
    He will go through these ups and downs, one can always refer to how Stokes was written off here. Pandya has a very good environment to thrive in and he will be backed by the team management. ATG is a mighty word, but he can be a big player for India.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you expect fans on a PAKISTANI forum to put down Faheem Ashraf needlessly when he hasn't even played 10 matches so far, while praising Pandya to the moon who himself will tell you he is not an international class all-rounder right now? Your posts in this thread are more about the frustration that one of your favourite players in the world right now is not given the respect that he certainly does not deserve at the moment. Pandya is a good but inconsistent batsman, with a few very good innings but an awful bowler who isn't trusted to bowl more than 6 overs in South Africa of all places.

I believe it was you who started to needlessly bash Faheem when the poor lad hasn't even started his international career yet. Faheem has done 'nothing' due to him not even playing enough games so far in his career. He has a hat-trick in T20s though, so not sure what you mean by nothing. Pandya has bowled to Sri Lanka way more than Faheem Ashraf, without any break-away bowling performances (just incase you bring in the Sri Lankan angle).

Fun fact: Faheem averaged marginally better in New Zealand with the bat than the 'exciting' all-rounder has in this series. Shouldn't a world-class player be good enough to show his class in one of the toughest series of his career?

We will continue to go round in circles. You want to see Pandya succeed. Fair play. Pakistan fans on this forum want to see Faheem succeed. Obviously we are looking for our next all-rounder and would hope for Faheem to be decent at the job. Wait for either to have atleast 2 years of consistent international cricket, before any comparisons. That has been my view since the thread started. You can continue to disagree with me and the other Pakistani posters in this thread, and keep on making noises on the Pandya bandwagon.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    So you expect fans on a PAKISTANI forum to put down Faheem Ashraf needlessly when he hasn't even played 10 matches so far, while praising Pandya to the moon who himself will tell you he is not an international class all-rounder right now? Your posts in this thread are more about the frustration that one of your favourite players in the world right now is not given the respect that he certainly does not deserve at the moment. Pandya is a good but inconsistent batsman, with a few very good innings but an awful bowler who isn't trusted to bowl more than 6 overs in South Africa of all places.

I believe it was you who started to needlessly bash Faheem when the poor lad hasn't even started his international career yet. Faheem has done 'nothing' due to him not even playing enough games so far in his career. He has a hat-trick in T20s though, so not sure what you mean by nothing. Pandya has bowled to Sri Lanka way more than Faheem Ashraf, without any break-away bowling performances (just incase you bring in the Sri Lankan angle).

Fun fact: Faheem averaged marginally better in New Zealand with the bat than the 'exciting' all-rounder has in this series. Shouldn't a world-class player be good enough to show his class in one of the toughest series of his career?

We will continue to go round in circles. You want to see Pandya succeed. Fair play. Pakistan fans on this forum want to see Faheem succeed. Obviously we are looking for our next all-rounder and would hope for Faheem to be decent at the job. Wait for either to have atleast 2 years of consistent international cricket, before any comparisons. That has been my view since the thread started. You can continue to disagree with me and the other Pakistani posters in this thread, and keep on making noises on the Pandya bandwagon.
    I expect Pakistanis fans to not put down either of the two players. However, it is very obvious that people are biased against Pandya because he is Indian. You didn’t answer my question because you know that if the shoe was on the other foot, people here would rate Pandya and diss Fahim.

I have nothing against Fahim. Simply put, I don’t care about him because I feel he is just another mediocre Pakistani player who will stick around for a while and then disappear. My only objection is with this comparison which has absolutely no merit at this point because Fahim has done nothing with the bat in his career so far unlike Pandya.

Fahim failed with the bat in New Zealand but he might have averaged better than Pandya in this series, but that means nothing when the latter has already scaled heights with the bat that Fahim will probably never reach in his career. He might be a better bowler, but the difference between their bowling is nowhere as big as the difference between their batting.

I said this on the day this thread was created and I will say it again - let Fahim produce half of the innings Pandya has in the last 6 months, and then we can initiate this comparison.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pandya was clocking high 140s in today's match.Give me the speeds of Fahim in the kiwi series.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect Pakistanis fans to not put down either of the two players. However, it is very obvious that people are biased against Pandya because he is Indian. You didn’t answer my question because you know that if the shoe was on the other foot, people here would rate Pandya and diss Fahim.

I have nothing against Fahim. Simply put, I don’t care about him because I feel he is just another mediocre Pakistani player who will stick around for a while and then disappear. My only objection is with this comparison which has absolutely no merit at this point because Fahim has done nothing with the bat in his career so far unlike Pandya.

Fahim failed with the bat in New Zealand but he might have averaged better than Pandya in this series, but that means nothing when the latter has already scaled heights with the bat that Fahim will probably never reach in his career. He might be a better bowler, but the difference between their bowling is nowhere as big as the difference between their batting.

I said this on the day this thread was created and I will say it again - let Fahim produce half of the innings Pandya has in the last 6 months, and then we can initiate this comparison.
    If Pandya was a Pakistani, fans on this forum would want Pandya to succeed. Not sure what you're trying to prove here? I haven't dissed either in this thread, so you can ask this question to someone who has dissed Pandya or yourself who has (and probably will, if Pandya remains inconsistent) dissed Faheem Ashraf consistently. My view point has been the same throughout.

There is a big difference between Pandya and Faheem as batsmen. There is a big difference between Pandya and Faheem as bowlers. Wait for either to have 2 years in international cricket, then judge and compare. Pandya has had close to two years of international cricket so far, while Faheem's career is in its infancy. You just cannot say one is much better than the other. On potential however, one is much better than the other in either batting or bowling. Lets see how their careers pan out.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fahim is a good hitter, His stance and pick up are great. Needs bit more composure

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Fahim is a good hitter, His stance and pick up are great. Needs bit more composure
    Yep, his hitting technique and bat swing is great. Temperament and building an innings will come as he develops.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is slowing becoming neither nor player. Ashrfa from what i have seen predominantly a bowler. He is okay. Neither of them would give shivers to oppositions . Both have a long way to go. Pandya is young. His shot selection leaves a lot to be desired. Bowlingwise he is always just okay. With regression in his batting , his place itself will be under threat

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Same people used to write Stokes off in the past as a pretender. Being an all-rounder is not easy - if you fail with both bat and ball, you will standout and get criticized more, as opposed to a batsman or a bowler who is expected to deliver in one aspect only.

Pandya is a superb cricketer and his best is yet to come. He is in very safe hands and his potential will be harnessed by Kohli and BCCI.
    No one wrote Stokes off, the potential Stokes had everyone knew of it when he was playing just county Cricket.
    Pandya seems to be the kind of player who come's to the party when his teams 100/5 and not when the match is in balance and he has to think his innings out.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can’t seem to fathom as to why Pakistani fans are so keen on degrading Pandya to the extent to where they have started to label him a club cricketer. Club cricketers don’t score 90 odd against high quality attacks in test cricket. All-rounders do generally take longer to develop, but Pandya has already exhibited skills that would make any neutral cricket fan excited.

While I don’t agree with @Mamoon ‘s assessment on Faheem (he clearly hasn’t seen much of his batting at the domestic level). I am starting to question his role in the side. His bowling isn’t great, and he’s primarily been selected due to his batting. Considering this why is he batting at #8? Bat him in the top 7 or simply don’t play him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    I can’t seem to fathom as to why Pakistani fans are so keen on degrading Pandya to the extent to where they have started to label him a club cricketer. Club cricketers don’t score 90 odd against high quality attacks in test cricket. All-rounders do generally take longer to develop, but Pandya has already exhibited skills that would make any neutral cricket fan excited.

While I don’t agree with @Mamoon ‘s assessment on Faheem (he clearly hasn’t seen much of his batting at the domestic level). I am starting to question his role in the side. His bowling isn’t great, and he’s primarily been selected due to his batting. Considering this why is he batting at #8? Bat him in the top 7 or simply don’t play him.
    True. He is slightly above Yusuf Pathan. If he decides to survive can somewhat do that. Problem when he tries to attack pacers he gets out. That is where we have to question his range of shots. He can just block. But eventually he will go for a wild shot after few blocks. I think he will improve. Irfan Pathan was a far better batsman as he had great temperament. Even at the age of 19 he survived 4 hours against Mcgrath, Gillespie incisive attack. He has some special like hitting long sixes. Other than that he is just an average player.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ATG alrounder

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both are in danger of losing their places now. Fahim had a poor NZ series, and if Imad recovers from injury good chance he'll take back his place.

Pandya might be substituted by a newcomer, or by someone who like Jadeja who although might not match him with the bat, offers more with the ball and is a better fielder.

The difference between Pandya and Fahim however is that Pandya has already had some stand out performances with the bat. Fahim hasn't, and his bowling has looked on the same level as Pandya.

Yes Pandya has played more, but most players in the modern era show something up front, to show that they have talent and worth persisting with. Fahim hasn't so far. Even as hitters, Shadab, Yamin, Nawaz, even Hasan arguably all outperformed him. And with Imad pressuring his spot if he's recovered from injury will be tough. And given Fahim doesn't even have the domestic performance to back it up, good chance he'll get even less chances than one who did gets too.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post

Been saying this, it's awful weird to pick a guy for his batting, and bat him at 8, below Shadab who is in the team solely for his batting. And then as a bowler, he'll never bowl 10 overs, he'll just fill in amongst the full time bowlers, Hasan, Amir, Raees/Junaid.

It makes him pretty much a passenger in the side, which is what he was. And it's hard to blame management difficult to play a guy up the order with a domestic average of 15 and has little experience carrying a line up, and playing long innings. He himself thinks of himself as a bowler first I believe.

Which is why I think he should play as a 3rd pacer if he plays, not in the allrounder spot. At least make sure he has responsibility in something. And if he's not good enough to hold down the 3rd pacer slot on bowling, I question really if he's worth playing at all. Even our allrounder should be able to bowl 10 overs consistently. Imad did. Hafeez used to. Can't really cut him slack in the bowling department given he hasn't exactly been raining in the runs either.