Instagram

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,040 of 1687
  1. #961
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,698
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    What we need from Faheem is something like 30(20) and 2-55(10) on average, and he will be a great player for Pakistan.
    Tbh, that’s my expectation of Panda too. And he is doing about that.

  2. #962
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    13,132
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Faheem was hit for over 50 in his 4 overs recently.
    Yeah against New Zealand. 55 runs to be precise @ataullah

  3. #963
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,529
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Okay! I understand! But as a package, I would rate Jadeja as a better option than Ashwin in ODIs. Yes! Ashwin is better in tests though. This is just my perspective btw! Agree with you about the pace bowling all rounder culture! Had high hopes on this guy Pandya. But he is only turning into a big disappointment by the day. Irfan pathan as an allrounder looked much better than this hack. Don't you rate Robin Singh too?
    Irfan was a fast bowler and good enough batsman. Remember him scoring 80 odd opening the inning in a test match. He was a team man. I blame chappell for wasting him and his talent. Robin Singh was a medium pace bowler just like Sanjay Bangar both of them were average bowlers.

  4. #964
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,682
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both of falling into the same usual cricketing pattern. Whatever you average in domestic, is likely to be close to what you average in internationals. There are those who do great in domestic, and poor in internationals. Very, very few average substantially more in internationals than domestic. Pandya shows flashes of brilliance but is inconsistent, just how he must be in domestic given his averages.

    Same with Fahim, people went on about his talent and how his numbers didn't justify him in domestic. And yet he's produced numbers similar to that in internationals. Fahim is even worse I don't think he's even used to responsibility with the bat, he's batting like a bowler who slogs down the order. Which makes sense, he's a bowler first that's what he knows best.

    Both are talented, but both probably picked too early and not allowed enough time to dominate in domestic, and develop the mindset and the ability to regularly contribute with the bat and perform under pressure.

    Another argument for Pandya over Ashraf is he's a luxury India can afford. They have a strong batting line up. A hitter down the order who can score quick who can bowl a bit can be of use. Especially given India don't have the plethora of part time bowling options they used to. He's not the clutch finisher down the order that India would love though, once Kohli gets out things get difficult. Dhoni used to fill that role but not anymore.

    On the other hand Fahim plays in a weak batting line up where we can hardly afford to weaken anymore. We have quite a few part timers in Malik, Haris, Hafeez who have all been able to bowl 10 overs at times, even Fakhar can bowl a bit. We also have a batting allrounder in Talat knocking down the door in domestic too.

    Internationals isn't the place to practice, or worse in Fahim's case learn, that's what domestic is for. If we play him, play him as third pacer and see if he can hold his own. If he can't, think the best option is to send him back to domestic to work on his game.

  5. #965
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Both of falling into the same usual cricketing pattern. Whatever you average in domestic, is likely to be close to what you average in internationals. There are those who do great in domestic, and poor in internationals. Very, very few average substantially more in internationals than domestic. Pandya shows flashes of brilliance but is inconsistent, just how he must be in domestic given his averages.

    Same with Fahim, people went on about his talent and how his numbers didn't justify him in domestic. And yet he's produced numbers similar to that in internationals. Fahim is even worse I don't think he's even used to responsibility with the bat, he's batting like a bowler who slogs down the order. Which makes sense, he's a bowler first that's what he knows best.

    Both are talented, but both probably picked too early and not allowed enough time to dominate in domestic, and develop the mindset and the ability to regularly contribute with the bat and perform under pressure.

    Another argument for Pandya over Ashraf is he's a luxury India can afford. They have a strong batting line up. A hitter down the order who can score quick who can bowl a bit can be of use. Especially given India don't have the plethora of part time bowling options they used to. He's not the clutch finisher down the order that India would love though, once Kohli gets out things get difficult. Dhoni used to fill that role but not anymore.

    On the other hand Fahim plays in a weak batting line up where we can hardly afford to weaken anymore. We have quite a few part timers in Malik, Haris, Hafeez who have all been able to bowl 10 overs at times, even Fakhar can bowl a bit. We also have a batting allrounder in Talat knocking down the door in domestic too.

    Internationals isn't the place to practice, or worse in Fahim's case learn, that's what domestic is for. If we play him, play him as third pacer and see if he can hold his own. If he can't, think the best option is to send him back to domestic to work on his game.
    Agree, Pandya has higher sealing than Faheem. Also Pandya will get more opportunity due to full backing of and 2 , which Fahim doesn't have!

  6. #966
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    26,727
    Mentioned
    1232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Agree, Pandya has higher sealing than Faheem. Also Pandya will get more opportunity due to full backing of and 2 , which Fahim doesn't have!
    If anything, Sarfaraz and Mickey back the youngsters and newcomers even more. Not a single guy has been discarded without being given a fair chance to prove his worth.

    In comparison, I find it surprising how India bench the likes of Rahul for inferior players. However, Kohli definitely does back the bowlers and all-rounders and Pandya is likely to be a long-term fixture in the team.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  7. #967
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,862
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    If anything, Sarfaraz and Mickey back the youngsters and newcomers even more. Not a single guy has been discarded without being given a fair chance to prove his worth.

    In comparison, I find it surprising how India bench the likes of Rahul for inferior players. However, Kohli definitely does back the bowlers and all-rounders and Pandya is likely to be a long-term fixture in the team.
    Kholi will destroy poor Rahul's career. He has tendency to selects players in wrong formats. Rahane shouldn't be need LO teams and Manish has sacrificed his technique for power game, which is pretty poor as well. KL is better option that both the above.

  8. #968
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,529
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It seems to me that Kohli trust Pandya the bowler more than Pandya the batsman otherwise why would he send Dhoni ahead of Pandya when 5-7 overs are remaining in a T20 match? Apart from 1 inning in a test match and bowling & fielding performance in the last ODI he hasn't done anything special in this tour.

  9. #969
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,992
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What has Faheem done so far to even deserve the hype? Any impactful inning or bowling performance?

    I always thought Pandya himself is a newbie and has only a few matches where he affected the outcome of the game. He is still a nobody in the Indian team. If he does not play tomorrow, he will not be terribly missed. As of now, Pandya is a nice to have kind of guy who can bowl and bat okay'ish.

    On the other hand Faheem? What has he done to deserve the hype?

  10. #970
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    What has Faheem done so far to even deserve the hype? Any impactful inning or bowling performance?

    I always thought Pandya himself is a newbie and has only a few matches where he affected the outcome of the game. He is still a nobody in the Indian team. If he does not play tomorrow, he will not be terribly missed. As of now, Pandya is a nice to have kind of guy who can bowl and bat okay'ish.

    On the other hand Faheem? What has he done to deserve the hype?
    Let’s just say if a coach was to watch Pandya and Faheem batting together in the nets without any background knowledge about who they were, Faheem would look on another planet in terms of hitting ability.

  11. #971
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    938
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Let’s just say if a coach was to watch Pandya and Faheem batting together in the nets without any background knowledge about who they were, Faheem would look on another planet in terms of hitting ability.
    ... and the less said about bowling, the better.

  12. #972
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Let’s just say if a coach was to watch Pandya and Faheem batting together in the nets without any background knowledge about who they were, Faheem would look on another planet in terms of hitting ability.
    Except we don't play international cricket in nets lol He has to prove something at the highest level. Pandya did that. He even did that in a Test match against Steyn, Morke, Philander, Rabada.

  13. #973
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,497
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Let’s just say if a coach was to watch Pandya and Faheem batting together in the nets without any background knowledge about who they were, Faheem would look on another planet in terms of hitting ability.
    And is hitting ability the end all be all?

  14. #974
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Except we don't play international cricket in nets lol He has to prove something at the highest level. Pandya did that. He even did that in a Test match against Steyn, Morke, Philander, Rabada.
    Yep Pandya has proved something and Faheem will prove himself soon enough.

  15. #975
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    And is hitting ability the end all be all?
    Faheem would be a more useful hitter than Pandya at the death. All we need from Faheem is late order blitz.

  16. #976
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,992
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Let’s just say if a coach was to watch Pandya and Faheem batting together in the nets without any background knowledge about who they were, Faheem would look on another planet in terms of hitting ability.
    Faheem has played a few LOI matches. Any clip where he is hitting sixes for fun?

    At least Pandya has done it against your team and against Aus a few times.

    If Faheem is so much better than Pandya, then he should have already have at least one rampaging inning in the 5 or 6 matches Faheem played. Don't tell me he is unlucky.

  17. #977
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,497
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Faheem would be a more useful hitter than Pandya at the death. All we need from Faheem is late order blitz.
    Then what is the point of this comparison? You have Pandya who is a genuine batsman and Faheem according to yourself is nothing more than a late order slogger.

  18. #978
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    26,369
    Mentioned
    1410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Faheem would be a more useful hitter than Pandya at the death. All we need from Faheem is late order blitz.
    So Pakistani batting top and middle is strong i believe?

  19. #979
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Then what is the point of this comparison? You have Pandya who is a genuine batsman and Faheem according to yourself is nothing more than a late order slogger.
    Tbh the thread was created prematurely. But anyway they are being compared as all rounders.

  20. #980
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So Pakistani batting top and middle is strong i believe?
    It’s getting there - Fakhar, Babar, Haris and Sarfaraz are solid.

    Just need to get rid of the likes of Azhar, Hafeez, Malik.

    We have a very good lower order atm.

  21. #981
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,040
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    It’s getting there - Fakhar, Babar, Haris and Sarfaraz are solid.

    Just need to get rid of the likes of Azhar, Hafeez, Malik.

    We have a very good lower order atm.
    Dude, you are the only major team around in this era of Pattas who still struggle to chase anything over 250.Your tuk-tuks have to travel a long way to reach others.

  22. #982
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Dude, you are the only major team around in this era of Pattas who still struggle to chase anything over 250.Your tuk-tuks have to travel a long way to reach others.
    A few changes can completely change the outlook and chemistry of the team. But yeah no doubt our batting unit has some distance to go.

  23. #983
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,992
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Faheem played against NZL recently. Below are his stats.

    1st ODI
    Bowling - 9-0-58-1
    Batting - 17*(12)

    2nd ODI
    Bowling - 5-0-30-1
    Batting 7(18)

    2nd ODI
    Bowling - 5-0-30-1
    Batting 7(18)

    3rd ODI
    Bowling - 6-0-29-1
    Batting 10(13)

    4th ODI
    Bowling - 6-0-33-0
    Batting 1(3) (Opening the innings)

    5th ODI
    Bowling - 9-0-49-2
    Batting 23(15)

    1st T20
    Bowling - 1-0-8-0
    Batting - 7(14)

    1st T20
    Bowling - 3.3-0-22-2
    Batting - 0(1)

    3rd T20
    Bowling - 4-0-55-1
    Batting - 8(6)

    A sample of 7 matches and nothing to show. Not even 1 eye catching performance.
    With bat, he got enough opportunities in ODI's where he could have played at least one blinder. Pak were getting destroyed by Kiwis and needed someone to stand up and play a good inning. What did Faheem do? Nothing.
    Last edited by troodon; 21st February 2018 at 20:46.

  24. #984
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Pandya did this in a test match. 26 in an over.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 21st February 2018 at 21:13.

  25. #985
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,992
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ^ Edit: should be 2nd T20.

  26. #986
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,689
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfair comparison. As of now Pandya is ahead in both bat and ball...let's not talk about ifs and buts...Faheem can have a higher ceiling but he hasn't done anything substantive yet.

  27. #987
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,992
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    A few changes can completely change the outlook and chemistry of the team. But yeah no doubt our batting unit has some distance to go.
    Many teams can become world beaters with a few changes. Those changes are hard to come by. Otherwise, every team will be a GOAT team.

  28. #988
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Many teams can become world beaters with a few changes. Those changes are hard to come by. Otherwise, every team will be a GOAT team.
    The thing is we have alternatives but our selectors are persisting with mediocrity and “experience”

  29. #989
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,992
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    The thing is we have alternatives but our selectors are persisting with mediocrity and “experience”
    The player who is riding the bench or domestics always look like world beaters.

    Topic is about Faheem and he has not done anything to deserve the hype. Since the sample set is too small, we will have to wait till the end of 2018 to see if he is any good.

  30. #990
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is a good fielder too. Today he was very good. He bowled some very crucial overs for India which eventually helped India win the match. That final over against Bangladesh where Mushfiqur made a fool of himself was one such over.

  31. #991
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    19,315
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Faheem Ashraf needs a good psl and then try again in international cricket next year. many good things there to work with.

  32. #992
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,910
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya’s fielding alone is worth 10 runs every March for us.. Dude is very athletic only one who I have seen who looked more athletic than him was Andre Russel..

    Both have a decent start to their careers, not bad not good so next 3 years are going to be very crucial.. Pandya needs to improve his batting against pace bowlers in LOI’s if he has to succeed as a lower middle order bat in LOI’s..

  33. #993
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    10,529
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Its really surprising the amount of hate Pandya gets on this forum. I understand the hate from @Bhaag Viru Bhaag - because Pandya emerged in the IPL and he has some agenda against the IPL. When I counter his statements with facts, he response is anecdotal.

    But from others, its shocking! Without a shadow of doubt he has been disappointing with the bat in the last 2 series, but people dont realise the risk reward situation here.

    The risk of Pandya is a slightly weaker MO, and a few more runs leaked in the middle overs. But the upside is unbelievable. If Pandya has a good series, India will generally do well in that series. He needs to be allowed to develop in LOIs.
    Sorry for the late reply I didn't see this post. But lol at the "hate from @Bhaag Viru Bhaag because Pandya emerged in the IPL". He is only a good fielder. Has a lot to prove in internationals both with his bat and ball. If saying the truth looks like hate to you then so be it. Atleast I don't say things like "even if India has to lose few matches to develop Pandya then there is no harm in it". It just shows clearly who is worshipping a player like Pandya and who wants to see his team win.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  34. #994
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you tell the average cricket follower that there is a thread on a cricket blog which compares 2 cricketing allrounders from Pakistan and India and has been going on for 13 pages, they would assume it's between Kapil Dev and Imran Khan. Only allrounders of their calibre who have proved themselves for decades deserve such time and dedication by keyboard warriors. Faheem and Pandya are still unsettled players in their teams, yet this thread makes it seem like they are at the peak of their careers.

  35. #995
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,698
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Sorry for the late reply I didn't see this post. But lol at the "hate from @Bhaag Viru Bhaag because Pandya emerged in the IPL". He is only a good fielder. Has a lot to prove in internationals both with his bat and ball. If saying the truth looks like hate to you then so be it. Atleast I don't say things like "even if India has to lose few matches to develop Pandya then there is no harm in it". It just shows clearly who is worshipping a player like Pandya and who wants to see his team win.
    At what point did I say "even if India has to lose few matches to develop Pandya then there is no harm in it". I clearly mentioned that the risk reward is heavily in India's favour. Which means, of he fails not a significant risk to India's result. And if he succeeds the Reward is exponential. Everyone would agree that except one match, Pandya had a pretty poor series. But India still won, courtesy top 3 and 4 bowlers. Which means that his failures did not have a huge impact on the result. But the match India won, Pandya turned it around with the ball. He has done well also against Aus in ODIs and was the MoS, IIRC. When he starts performing consistently, India will get to next level.

    Now, there is no guarantee that he will perform or become a regular in the long run. And he has long way to go before he can be called a quality international cricketer. But he has shown enough glimpses that he needs to be persisted with at least another 6 months. When you have such talents, you are ready to accept some average performances initially, for the long run. This is simple Risk - Reward Situation.

    As for test cricket, I dont think he belongs there. Not right now, at least.

    Also, on IPL, its a different topic, but you are yet to answer to any of my pertinent arguments that I have raised over the last couple of years.

  36. #996
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    At what point did I say "even if India has to lose few matches to develop Pandya then there is no harm in it". I clearly mentioned that the risk reward is heavily in India's favour. Which means, of he fails not a significant risk to India's result. And if he succeeds the Reward is exponential. Everyone would agree that except one match, Pandya had a pretty poor series. But India still won, courtesy top 3 and 4 bowlers. Which means that his failures did not have a huge impact on the result. But the match India won, Pandya turned it around with the ball. He has done well also against Aus in ODIs and was the MoS, IIRC. When he starts performing consistently, India will get to next level.

    Now, there is no guarantee that he will perform or become a regular in the long run. And he has long way to go before he can be called a quality international cricketer. But he has shown enough glimpses that he needs to be persisted with at least another 6 months. When you have such talents, you are ready to accept some average performances initially, for the long run. This is simple Risk - Reward Situation.

    As for test cricket, I dont think he belongs there. Not right now, at least.

    Also, on IPL, its a different topic, but you are yet to answer to any of my pertinent arguments that I have raised over the last couple of years.
    Sometimes prejudice towards a player clouds thinking of few fans, no point convincing such ones.

    People who matter coach and captain 2 believe in Pandya's talent ...

    If Pandya has in it him, he will succeed !

  37. #997
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,243
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Faheem all the way. Come back when Pandya scores a 50 in PSL batting with the tail :

  38. #998
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Faheem all the way. Come back when Pandya scores a 50 in PSL batting with the tail :
    Has Pandya ever scored a 50 and taken 2 wickets in IPL?

  39. #999
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    23,243
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Has Pandya ever scored a 50 and taken 2 wickets in IPL?
    Dont ask negative questions

  40. #1000
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Has Pandya ever scored a 50 and taken 2 wickets in IPL?
    Lol Pandya already scored 34 inonly one over .. Faheem might not score that run in single over in entire lifetime

  41. #1001
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test champion View Post
    Lol Pandya already scored 34 inonly one over .. Faheem might not score that run in single over in entire lifetime
    He doesn’t need to.

  42. #1002
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    1,937
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reaching 1k posts..Wow..

  43. #1003
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Has Pandya ever scored a 50 and taken 2 wickets in IPL?
    yes he has done it

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8...remier-league/

  44. #1004
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    928
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Test champion View Post
    Lol Pandya already scored 34 inonly one over .. Faheem might not score that run in single over in entire lifetime

    Quality over quantity bro

  45. #1005
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until he does something worthwhile in an international game this will stay as a joke thread. Actually his Brother Krunal Pandya is a very good all rounder too. Any other country he would already be playing.

  46. #1006
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Oh ok.

    Krunal Pandya >>>>> Hardik Pandya

  47. #1007
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Oh ok.

    Krunal Pandya >>>>> Hardik Pandya
    more like Krunal > Fahim lol So this is why we should not drag domestic league stats. There are so many mind boggling performances like Rohit sharma taking hatrick you would see there.

  48. #1008
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,698
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Has Pandya ever scored a 50 and taken 2 wickets in IPL?
    Nah, Pandya prefers doing it in international matches against Aus

    http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...ralia-1st-odi/

  49. #1009
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,607
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Sorry for the late reply I didn't see this post. But lol at the "hate from @Bhaag Viru Bhaag because Pandya emerged in the IPL". He is only a good fielder. Has a lot to prove in internationals both with his bat and ball. If saying the truth looks like hate to you then so be it. Atleast I don't say things like "even if India has to lose few matches to develop Pandya then there is no harm in it". It just shows clearly who is worshipping a player like Pandya and who wants to see his team win.
    What's your opinion on faheem?

  50. #1010
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,607
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can we stop bumping this thread every time one does bad and one does good? It's kind of annoying.

  51. #1011
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    262
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Can we stop bumping this thread every time one does bad and one does good? It's kind of annoying.
    Except for that 1 off 1 test match performance he had a flop series in terms of batting and also bowling but some indians are okay with him because he is saving them 10 run every match with his fielding

  52. #1012
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
    Except for that 1 off 1 test match performance he had a flop series in terms of batting and also bowling but some indians are okay with him because he is saving them 10 run every match with his fielding
    Bowling was more than okay as he contained well provided few breakthroughs when partnerships were developing

  53. #1013
    Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    2,035
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good batting by Faheem. Can go a long way if guided properly.

  54. #1014
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    596
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday pandya did bowl well 4 overs 22 runs...

  55. #1015
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
    Except for that 1 off 1 test match performance he had a flop series in terms of batting and also bowling but some indians are okay with him because he is saving them 10 run every match with his fielding
    Being fifth bowler Pandya contributed by removing AB and bowling well to help win one of the ODI vs SA.

    Pandya also bowled economically in decider T20 took key player Klassen wicket.
    ,
    Gun fielder, done well in all matches both ODI and T20..

    What else u want from alrounder in making ?

    Pandya is not Kapil ..will never be, he will be good utility player with occasional brilliance !

  56. #1016
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
    Except for that 1 off 1 test match performance he had a flop series in terms of batting and also bowling but some indians are okay with him because he is saving them 10 run every match with his fielding
    Also with India being batting heavy team traditionally, needed good fifth bowler, which Pandya is trying to become ...Work in Progress !

  57. #1017
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    596
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread looks like go long...lets see who will win at the end...

  58. #1018
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,607
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
    Except for that 1 off 1 test match performance he had a flop series in terms of batting and also bowling but some indians are okay with him because he is saving them 10 run every match with his fielding
    I know, but Fahim hasn't done anything too special either. They're at the same level I feel.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  59. #1019
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    5,404
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India needs a 3rd bowler that can slog a bit. They are not looking for 50s from Pandya. 10 overs for 50 runs with a wicket or two, good out Fielding and 20 quick runs with the bat. Ability to deal pressure is another. That's all Kohli wants. Pandya is here to stay

  60. #1020
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In longer format, Fahim has the potential to be the better all rounder.

    In the limited overs cricket, Pandya is way ahead of Fahim in the batting department. In the bowling department, Fahim is a better bowler than Pandya in the 50 overs format, while Pandya is better in T20 format.

  61. #1021
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Both of falling into the same usual cricketing pattern. Whatever you average in domestic, is likely to be close to what you average in internationals. There are those who do great in domestic, and poor in internationals. Very, very few average substantially more in internationals than domestic. Pandya shows flashes of brilliance but is inconsistent, just how he must be in domestic given his averages.

    Same with Fahim, people went on about his talent and how his numbers didn't justify him in domestic. And yet he's produced numbers similar to that in internationals. Fahim is even worse I don't think he's even used to responsibility with the bat, he's batting like a bowler who slogs down the order. Which makes sense, he's a bowler first that's what he knows best.

    Both are talented, but both probably picked too early and not allowed enough time to dominate in domestic, and develop the mindset and the ability to regularly contribute with the bat and perform under pressure.

    Another argument for Pandya over Ashraf is he's a luxury India can afford. They have a strong batting line up. A hitter down the order who can score quick who can bowl a bit can be of use. Especially given India don't have the plethora of part time bowling options they used to. He's not the clutch finisher down the order that India would love though, once Kohli gets out things get difficult. Dhoni used to fill that role but not anymore.

    On the other hand Fahim plays in a weak batting line up where we can hardly afford to weaken anymore. We have quite a few part timers in Malik, Haris, Hafeez who have all been able to bowl 10 overs at times, even Fakhar can bowl a bit. We also have a batting allrounder in Talat knocking down the door in domestic too.

    Internationals isn't the place to practice, or worse in Fahim's case learn, that's what domestic is for. If we play him, play him as third pacer and see if he can hold his own. If he can't, think the best option is to send him back to domestic to work on his game.
    Top post, the first paragraph is so realistic.

  62. #1022
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    4,080
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pandya is world class. Faheem has potential but needs have a good 12 months to become world class.

  63. #1023
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,509
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    140 kph plus Yorker uprooted narines stumps. Pandya who?

  64. #1024
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    140 kph plus Yorker uprooted narines stumps. Pandya who?
    Faheem Klusener took bowler turned batsman (hack Narine) wicket ... so much reaction for this, slow clap

  65. #1025
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,908
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Faheem Klusener took bowler turned batsman (hack Narine) wicket ... so much reaction for this, slow clap
    He took 3 wickets today.

  66. #1026
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    11,908
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    more like Krunal > Fahim lol So this is why we should not drag domestic league stats. There are so many mind boggling performances like Rohit sharma taking hatrick you would see there.
    Rohit Sharma has a hat-trick!?!?!

  67. #1027
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,509
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Faheem Klusener took bowler turned batsman (hack Narine) wicket ... so much reaction for this, slow clap
    Lol

    Tbh I don't think there's much of a difference between the 2 hence the excitement when one or the other does well. I feel it's too early to judge them as they are only babies in their careers. What is your opinion?

  68. #1028
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    Lol

    Tbh I don't think there's much of a difference between the 2 hence the excitement when one or the other does well. I feel it's too early to judge them as they are only babies in their careers. What is your opinion?
    Agree 100% brother...this comparison is really good both starting to find feat at high level.

    My Opinion -

    'WC'19 will decide who the winner among both'
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 8th March 2018 at 13:32.

  69. #1029
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,370
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Agree 100% brother...this comparison is really good both starting to find feat at high level.

    My Opinion -

    'WC'19 will decide who the winner among both'
    What if one performs better than the other but their team gets knocked out while the others' advances?

  70. #1030
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    1,561
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    What if one performs better than the other but their team gets knocked out while the others' advances?
    Usually WC events will show the real class of players, both being all rounders will get chance to showcase skills (at-least in group stages) for us to conclude who is better among two (only for this thread) !

  71. #1031
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,992
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So Faheem bowls a ball at 141 clicks and he is a good pacer.

    He hits a full toss from Gul to four and he is a better hitter against pace than Pandya.

    Pandya has done something in international cricket to deserve the hype. Faheem has not done anything in international cricket and he is better than Pandya to some posters.

  72. #1032
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    So Faheem bowls a ball at 141 clicks and he is a good pacer.

    He hits a full toss from Gul to four and he is a better hitter against pace than Pandya.

    Pandya has done something in international cricket to deserve the hype. Faheem has not done anything in international cricket and he is better than Pandya to some posters.
    How many hattricks does Pandya have?


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  73. #1033
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    641
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    So Faheem bowls a ball at 141 clicks and he is a good pacer.

    He hits a full toss from Gul to four and he is a better hitter against pace than Pandya.

    Pandya has done something in international cricket to deserve the hype. Faheem has not done anything in international cricket and he is better than Pandya to some posters.

    Let's be honest if you're comparing Pandya with Faheem on bowling then Faheem is way better than him.

  74. #1034
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    4,497
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There’s no competition here, Faheem will never be nothing more than a hitter. On the other hand Pandya has the ability to be a genuine batsman batting at 5 or 6. And generally speaking India has the coaches and the environment to maximise a players potential. Pakistanis are just hella bent on belittling him.

  75. #1035
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,880
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    So Faheem bowls a ball at 141 clicks and he is a good pacer.

    He hits a full toss from Gul to four and he is a better hitter against pace than Pandya.

    Pandya has done something in international cricket to deserve the hype. Faheem has not done anything in international cricket and he is better than Pandya to some posters.
    No doubt Pandya is better at this stage but Faheem has something so lets see how he develops.

  76. #1036
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,952
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ah yes. My favourite thread on this forum

    Faheem is improving by the day. Watch out haters.

  77. #1037
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    3,563
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Rohit Sharma has a hat-trick!?!?!
    https://www.thequint.com/sports/hat-...-axar-and-more

  78. #1038
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,415
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How many hattricks does Pandya have?
    Bro, how can you forget the Hatrick he took against the Mighty Aussies bro? His ability to reverse swing at 145 clicks was a sight to behold. Made a fool out of Smith, Warner and Hanscomb at the Adeliade and then proceeded to score a matchwining 150+

    Faheem can only dream of a such a performance and that too away from home.

  79. #1039
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,789
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How many hattricks does Pandya have?
    So now we judge a players calibre by a hat-trick taken in a T20I game? I agree that Faheem is a brilliant talent but there have been lots of great bowlers who don't have a hattrick to their name. Pandya has not achieved much at this level and so has Faheem. Let them play a for couple of years and we can judge as to what they have achieved in their careers. Anyone remember Anthony Stuart? Google him. Got a ODI hattrick against Pakistan only in his 3rd game. Never played again for Australia and no one remembers him.

  80. #1040
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    35,708
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    So now we judge a players calibre by a hat-trick taken in a T20I game? I agree that Faheem is a brilliant talent but there have been lots of great bowlers who don't have a hattrick to their name. Pandya has not achieved much at this level and so has Faheem. Let them play a for couple of years and we can judge as to what they have achieved in their careers. Anyone remember Anthony Stuart? Google him. Got a ODI hattrick against Pakistan only in his 3rd game. Never played again for Australia and no one remembers him.
    My response was specifically for the poster who said that Pandya has achieved so much in international cricket while Fahim hasn't done anything. The Indians are making it out as if Pandya is some well established player snapping at the heels of Stokes as best alrounder.

    I agree that hattrick isn't a measure of how good a bowler is, but you have to be slightly better than average to take a hattrick in international cricket.


    Ashraf was also by far our best pacer in NZ, anybody who had actually seen the matches would attest to that fact. Even the commentators were impressed by him, his ability to hit the deck, vary the pace when required, maintain good channels or bowl 140+ if the situation demands, but if you look at the scorecard it would show mediocre trundler Rumman Raees as the highest wicket-taker even though he got phainti match after match.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •