Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    My response was specifically for the poster who said that Pandya has achieved so much in international cricket while Fahim hasn't done anything. The Indians are making it out as if Pandya is some well established player snapping at the heels of Stokes as best alrounder.

I agree that hattrick isn't a measure of how good a bowler is, but you have to be slightly better than average to take a hattrick in international cricket.

Ashraf was also by far our best pacer in NZ, anybody who had actually seen the matches would attest to that fact. Even the commentators were impressed by him, his ability to hit the deck, vary the pace when required, maintain good channels or bowl 140+ if the situation demands, but if you look at the scorecard it would show mediocre trundler Rumman Raees as the highest wicket-taker even though he got phainti match after match.
    I agree that he is talented and both him and Pandya have a long way to go in International cricket. They are too green for us to call one better than the other. Pandya was a total flop with the bat in SA except for one test innings but did well with the ball. So he has to improve a lot to be called an all-rounder in world cricket. Heath Streak who was a very good all-rounder was hugely underrated. These two haven't even reached his level yet in world cricket and the fans of both the countries are making them out to be the next Imran and Kapil.
    Last edited by giri26; 14th March 2018 at 03:04.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    International career summaries so far.

Pandya Age -> 24 yrs 154 days
    in Tests - 1 MOM from 6 tests with 2 50's and a 100
    in ODIs ' 3 MOM, 1 MOS from 39 matches; 4 50's
    in T20I's - Once defended 10 runs in last over in world T20 with 3 wickets off last 3 balls (with one run out)

Faheem Age -> 24 yrs 57 days
    in T20I's - 1 hattrick. Bolwing average 13.30 in 7 matches

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem ashraf is comportably better than pandya

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post

in T20I's - Once defended 10 runs in last over in world T20 with 3 wickets off last 3 balls (with one run out)

Thats bcz Pandya has played more, credit to India that they are playing him every match. Pakistan is bit spoiled with bowling options and some spin bowling all rounders however, I believe Faheem should definitely be inducted in tests in near future for that 5th bowling option and aggressive batsman at no 7. He will be useful in UAE if you want to play two spinners and in overseas tests as well.

Both are talented we will come to see in WC 19 and in 2 years time who is better.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Thats bcz Pandya has played more, credit to India that they are playing him every match. Pakistan is bit spoiled with bowling options and some spin bowling all rounders however, I believe Faheem should definitely be inducted in tests in near future for that 5th bowling option and aggressive batsman at no 7. He will be useful in UAE if you want to play two spinners and in overseas tests as well.

Both are talented we will come to see in WC 19 and in 2 years time who is better.
    A team that 'spoiled' with bowling options wouldn't be getting thrashed and humiliated 5-0 by NZ, or be perpetually be ranked at the bottom with minnows.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    A team that 'spoiled' with bowling options wouldn't be getting thrashed and humiliated 5-0 by NZ, or be perpetually be ranked at the bottom with minnows.
    I’m not saying that we’re spoiled for choices in terms of bowling (we do have some quality bowlers coming through p), but the bowlers did their job on the NZ tour. The batting is what let us down.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    India lost 4-0 in NZ, what happened there?

Atleast do some research before posting.

It was our Batting that let us down. Their highest scorer was Guptil with 310 runs and ours was Zaman with 150 runs which were literally half and rest of the batsmen also didnt contribute much.

With so heavy batting lineup at their home we let them score 300 only once.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was our Batting that let us down. Their highest scorer was Guptil with 310 runs and ours was Zaman with 150 runs which were literally half and rest of the batsmen also didnt contribute much.

What has India's loss there got to do with your claim that Pakistan is a team spoiled with bowling riches? Your team got its behind handed to them on a cheap use and throw paper plate. Your team is also consistently ranked at the bottom with minnows for several years now. That doesn't sound like a team overflowing with bowling resources. You say Guptil scored 310 without pausing to reflect how he could do against a team 'spoiled' with bowling resources. LOL!

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post

Pandya proved himself a lot more in International matches than Faheem.

Both are work in progress....Let's see who will bring more glory in WC'19!

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha. Epic, so for being a good bowling unit no batsman should score any runs against you what so ever. Aus Bowling must be pretty rubbish as ABD scored a century against them.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem is nobody yet in international cricket. I don't know how can pak posters hype a guy so much who didn't even have a 30 runs once while batting. Atleast Pandya has so many noteworthy innings.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhonixi View Post
    Faheem is nobody yet in international cricket. I don't know how can pak posters hype a guy so much who didn't even have a 30 runs once while batting. Atleast Pandya has so many noteworthy innings.
    Potential ...talent bahut hai only performance is pending !

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianFan2018 View Post
    Potential ...talent bahut hai only performance is pending !
    Faheem may not have scored runs in ODIs or tests, or taken as many wickets as Pandya. But he's surely more "talented". Proof? not required. By default, he counts as more talented and will stay that way. To this day, the likes of Umar Akmal etc are considered more "talented".

After all, If you ask Razzaq etc, Ahmed Shehzad is more talented than Tendulkar. And according to Waqar, PSL bowling is "better" than most leagues. Never mind the likes of Luke Ronchi are running hogwild over the bowlers, and Brendon McCullum is on record saying that the bowlers are not able to execute simple bowling plans.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhonixi View Post
    Pandya is a nobody in international cricket too. You lot are acting as if he is some well established super star player.

The thread is a comparison between two nobodies.

#Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya is a nobody in international cricket too. You lot are acting as if he is some well established super star player.

This has been the problem throughout this thread. People are acting as though Pandya is some Imran/Kallis level player and Faheem is like Anwar Ali and Bilawal Bhatti

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Pandya averaged 33+ with the bat, along with a strike rate of 118+ in his first THIRTY ODI matches. Those numbers are quite impressive for someone you want to dismiss as a "nobody". If a Pakistani batsman can match those numbers over 20+ games, and was a comparable fielder or bowler to Pandya, I think this forum would crash in the collective hype chaos.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This thread should be locked for a couple of years, one guy has played 15 matches and the other 75 and this thread has the sort of replies expected from a Imran vs Kapil thread. Both players have a lot to proce, particularly Ashraf. Pandya is ahead atm

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are relatively new to the international cricket but I'm more excited for Faheem Ashraf as i feel he is better bowler of the two.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Nagpur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem has already an hattrick to his name while Pandya always leaks runs..Pandya is a part timer for Mumbai in IPL..Rarely he finish his spells.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of career faheem may surprass pandya

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun of this thread is comparision of two upcoming alrounders (both work in progress as I keep saying this), as soon as one does well in any form respective fans get excited and bump !

Let the healthy banter continue till WC'19 to get more calrity!
    Last edited by IndianFan2018; 14th March 2018 at 17:33.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol! What a joke thread. Both Pandya and Ashraf are just about learning their trade. Forget stokes et al, both India and Pakistan would be happy if they ended up even at Jason Holder level

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they first target to become Jason holder... It is easier to target, Holder is just 26 and already has 100s both format, 1000 runs in both format, 100 Wickets in ODI and 50+ wickets in Tests.. that is a solid goal for both of them to achieve in next to years

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem is a better bowler and Pandya a better batsman.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eagerly waiting for the 2019 WC . It will give us the right idea as to who stands where.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem needs to bat higher up to improve. He should bat at 3 or 4 to get maximum exposure and time in the middle. He shouldn't be batting at 8/9

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Both are aspiring to be style icons. Faheem wins that battle. Pandya is clutch and Faheem didn't get a chance to be clutch yet. That one goes to Pandya. Both bowl at the same pace between 135 and 140 and pick wickets. Faheem edges in bowling. Pandya can bat big and although inconsistent has a decent average. He was one hit away from a century against SA in the 1st test when everyone else flopped on a tough pitch. Pandya takes the batting honors. Fahim is a good fielder but Pandya is one of the best in the world. Pandya wins the Fielding battle. So it's 4-2 Pandya for now

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think it proves that Pandya is objectively a better player at the present time. Who knows what the future holds? Faheem has shown promise with the ball, and can swing the bat, but Pandya is the more accomplished cricketer right now.

At the present time, Pandya is also more developed as a batsman for sure and they are both on par, for me, with the ball, though Faheem showing some potential here.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Both are aspiring to be style icons. Faheem wins that battle. Pandya is clutch and Faheem didn't get a chance to be clutch yet. That one goes to Pandya. Both bowl at the same pace between 135 and 140 and pick wickets. Faheem edges in bowling. Pandya can bat big and although inconsistent has a decent average. He was one hit away from a century against SA in the 1st test when everyone else flopped on a tough pitch. Pandya takes the batting honors. Fahim is a good fielder but Pandya is one of the best in the world. Pandya wins the Fielding battle. So it's 4-2 Pandya for now
    What? Have you seen his hairstyle of late? Although he does win it in comparison to Pandya, come to think of it.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    What? Have you seen his hairstyle of late? Although he does win it in comparison to Pandya, come to think of it.
    Any hair is better than blue hair

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets see who does better in tests.

Test will be a true test of their all round abilities.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So what's pandya been upto in the ipl? Any quick 50s or 3 fers etc ?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    So what's pandya been upto in the ipl? Any quick 50s or 3 fers etc ?
    Below average. A disappointment so far with both bat and ball. But his fielding is world class.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Below average. A disappointment so far with both bat and ball. But his fielding is world class.
    His brother looks the real deal.
    Nitish Rana is good as well but he is mediocre and awful against pace.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    His brother looks the real deal.
    Nitish Rana is good as well but he is mediocre and awful against pace.
    Hardik Pandya will come good eventually. Agreed that Krunal can play as a spin all rounder in T20 team. Can be a valuable piece there. He can may be replace Chahal in T20 team.

Nitish Rana is overrated. He can stick to IPL.

So far to me, Samson looks like he is ready to finally step into the Indian team. But MSD has to vacate his spot at least in the T20 team for starters.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardik Pandya will come good eventually. Agreed that Krunal can play as a spin all rounder in T20 team. Can be a valuable piece there. He can may be replace Chahal in T20 team.

Nitish Rana is overrated. He can stick to IPL.

So far to me, Samson looks like he is ready to finally step into the Indian team. But MSD has to vacate his spot at least in the T20 team for starters.
    Krunal needs to be in squad ahead of Axar, who is mediocre at best.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardik took 25-3 against csk in opening match

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our selectors are dumb.

Krunal and one of Mavi/Nagarkoti should have played the Nidahas trophy in Srilanka. It was a golden opportunity to try out a few youngsters. Instead we played DK, Pandey and the same bunch that have failed in the last 1 year.

Even Rohit should have rested and one of Gill or Shaw could have been tested there. What is the point of playing a tournament when that tournament will not even be remembered a week after it is done is beyond me.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our selectors are dumb.

Krunal and one of Mavi/Nagarkoti should have played the Nidahas trophy in Srilanka. It was a golden opportunity to try out a few youngsters. Instead we played DK, Pandey and the same bunch that have failed in the last 1 year.

Even Rohit should have rested and one of Gill or Shaw could have been tested there. What is the point of playing a tournament when that tournament will not even be remembered a week after it is done is beyond me.
    It is not only the Indian National Selectors; just look at the treatment given to Mavi and Gill by KKR, Gill batted at 7 and Mavi bowled a grand total of 1 over and i think it was 14th over of the innings.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Axar is (or was) top 10 in T20s or Odis, can't drop him

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is not only the Indian National Selectors; just look at the treatment given to Mavi and Gill by KKR, Gill batted at 7 and Mavi bowled a grand total of 1 over and i think it was 14th over of the innings.
    Indian think tanks seem to have their trust in tried & Tested Trundlers over a dashing teen who can bowl quick and has skill.

Hope they don't let Mavi and Nagarkoti toil in domestics until they are 25

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Axar is a useless darter.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think Krunal is competing with Washington Sundar for a spot in Indian team. Sundar is a bowling all rounder and Krunal is a batting AR. Indian team needs a bowling AR especially if they are replacing Chahal or Kuldeep. Those two are the first choice spinners in LOIs

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Bhai maaf kar

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    And we were told this Pyjama League helps youngsters and groom them for internationals. There is a reason no youngster(under 19) has made a debut for indian team in the past couple of years. Guys like Mavi, Nagarkotti, Gill should be in the A team as soon as possible. They will learn nothing playing in Pyjama League.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    And we were told this Pyjama League helps youngsters and groom them for internationals.
    But our pyjama does

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    And we were told this Pyjama League helps youngsters and groom them for internationals. There is a reason no youngster(under 19) has made a debut for indian team in the past couple of years. Guys like Mavi, Nagarkotti, Gill should be in the A team as soon as possible. They will learn nothing playing in Pyjama League.
    Yeah Washington Sundar is 39 and expecting his first grandchild. Lol do you have an agenda against franchise cricket or what? Come on man, atleast make an effort if you're trying to troll. India used to thrown in 'talented youngsters' every year in the 90s and nobody outside India (maybe even inside) remembers any of them.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing infront of 50k people with international players, with the guidance of coaches like Kalis in eden garden will not add any value to an youngster. Wow. You won’t hear this anywhere else.

Just sit at home and wait till domestic games start later this year.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fast bowling all rounder is a rarity in cricket simply due the excess load and the amount of cricket played these days. If you take a look M Marsh has reduced his bowling and if he succeeds with the bat he will move to become a proper batsman who doesnt bowl. So that leaves us with Stokes as the only world class FB all rounder, along with Corey Anderson who is perpetually injured. Fahim and Hardik are talents and will take about 2-3 years more to find their feet. Till then you have to accept that they will perform either with bat or ball and flounder and frustrate with the other which is still fine if they do well in the other dept. Personally from what I have seen, I think Hardik is a better batsman while Faheem is a better bowler amongst the 2 now.

If he bowls with a full sleeve and is an off-spinner, rest assured he chucks. Amen

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishta Aunty View Post
    Yeah Washington Sundar is 39 and expecting his first grandchild. Lol do you have an agenda against franchise cricket or what? Come on man, atleast make an effort if you're trying to troll. India used to thrown in 'talented youngsters' every year in the 90s and nobody outside India (maybe even inside) remembers any of them.
    Agenda against IPL ...

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His fluke inning against Pakistan made fool out of lots of posters here, his batting is worst than Bhuvneshwar Kumar. His score today 3(19) against Sunrisers was a prove of that

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badsha001 View Post
    His fluke inning against Pakistan made fool out of lots of posters here, his batting is worst than Bhuvneshwar Kumar. His score today 3(19) against Sunrisers was a prove of that
    He batted well against Aussies in the last series and also has a test hundred to boot.So definitely not a mug with bat.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage, seeing how Pandya is progressing as a person and Cricketer, I would take half-sleepy and limping 50 yr old Future-Faheem over this Hack Pandya.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Serious question here, was this the worst t20 league innings ever?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious question here, was this the worst t20 league innings ever?
    Not really if you watched the whole innings. Mumbai needed like 40 off last 3 overs with only one wicket in hand when he was 3(8). So he took most of the strike from there on, didn't take any singles even when it was on, and couldn't hit boundaries either. So his innings ended up a lot worse in terms of strike rate. Mumbai were dead and buried even before he was playing out maidens. So he wasn't the reason for this loss. Coming to the worst innings, Yuvraj's wins hands down.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    At this stage, seeing how Pandya is progressing as a person and Cricketer, I would take half-sleepy and limping 50 yr old Future-Faheem over this Hack Pandya.
    In a league with high quality batsmanship and flatter pitches, he's taken 7 wickets @15 in 5 matches which is slightly better than Ashraf's PSL performance! He's doing alright for a 24 year old, has bowled 140+ when
    fit, needs some more consistency with the bat

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Not really if you watched the whole innings. Mumbai needed like 40 off last 3 overs with only one wicket in hand when he was 3(8). So he took most of the strike from there on, didn't take any singles even when it was on, and couldn't hit boundaries either. So his innings ended up a lot worse in terms of strike rate. Mumbai were dead and buried even before he was playing out maidens. So he wasn't the reason for this loss. Coming to the worst innings, Yuvraj's wins hands down.
    Pandya came in when they needed 46 off 41, Yuvraj's came in international not league cricket. Dhoni's 4(7) in the last 2 overs in the same match is also a contender

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is totally off color this season. He just doesn't attempt to play big shots. He is more into "extra curricular activities" like Vinod Kambli. He is not dedicated like someone like Kohli.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 25th April 2018 at 19:53.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't count Pandya out.

Gets smashed for 20 runs in his first over. Then gets a brilliant run out of Mccullum who hammered him. Follows up by getting 3 wkts for 8 runs in his next two overs.

Now delivering with the bat, 24* (17).

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Can't count Pandya out.

Gets smashed for 20 runs in his first over. Then gets a brilliant run out of Mccullum who hammered him. Follows up by getting 3 wkts for 8 runs in his next two overs.

Now delivering with the bat, 23* (16).
    No one knows How good is pandya,apart from pandya himself.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Can't count Pandya out.

Now delivering with the bat, 24* (17).
    He certainly has an x factor. He can definitely change the game with his fielding and is a decent hitter. He has the knack of picking wickets but needs to be more consistent with his bowling

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    No one knows How good is pandya,apart from pandya himself.
    He proved himself to be good enough at international level. Considering Shankar is the next best alternative, Pandya is a certainty in the team. He is still very young and should improve

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    He proved himself to be good enough at international level. Considering Shankar is the next best alternative, Pandya is a certainty in the team. He is still very young and should improve
    Perhaps Yes.He is quite an unpredictable Player.One thing I know for sure is that he was outstanding last year in ODIs.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regressing at a good pace is Pandya.

50 from 42, and lost the match for his team.

Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    Vancouver, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it just me or does his attitude suck? Seems to ooze arrogance and seems to have developed a superstar complex. His game doesn't seems to have improved in the past year, especially his well documented struggles against pace.

India would have lost an incredibly talented player if this continues.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never seen him Pandya finish match with bat apart from one fluke IPl match(was dropped once in last over and got 4 in last over by misfielding) in 2016.

He needs to become better finisher.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya boy played that one mandatory good knock as an all rounder to cement his place in the team for next series and perhaps the world cup too. But I only wish he chased this down today. And he is playing our next Finisher role sadly.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohli, The King of Chase View Post
    Regressing at a good pace is Pandya.

50 from 42, and lost the match for his team.
    A run out, 3 wickets and a 50. He didnt lose the game. He was the reason the game was close. Fine performance.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could Pandya score a 50 on a cold afternoon in Dublin?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Fahim with a good knock in his debut game.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakSarZameen View Post
    Could Pandya score a 50 on a cold afternoon in Dublin?
    Maybe not. But can Faheem score a 90 on a bowlers paradise in Capetown ?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm happy that Faheem is scoring but it was an idiotic move to bump this thread.

Gangster rap made me do it.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhilash93 View Post
    Maybe not. But can Faheem score a 90 on a bowlers paradise in Capetown ?
    Yes he can

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Pandya is no match for Faheem
    Don’t need to say anything more.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Don’t need to say anything more.
    I would take Pandya's 90 in SA over even a double hundred in Dublin anyday. Lets not get carried away. Like yourself I'm pleased with Fahim's ascendency.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFC View Post
    I would take Pandya's 90 in SA over even a double hundred in Dublin anyday. Lets not get carried away. Like yourself I'm pleased with Fahim's ascendency.
    It’s not about that. It’s not even about this innings.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFC View Post
    That innings may be good but at the end of the day it was not impactful

If Faheem's innings can make Pakistan win from here in such swinging conditions I will take this innings over that one.

Plus Faheem has way way better FC stats than Pandya who has been the most overrated player I have seen from India.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Seeing old posts and once again Pakistanis showing so much negativity on a great young prospect like Faheem.

When will we start being patient with youngsters? Serious question.
    Bhai thora time to do.

If Faheem can somehow tighten his defense and he can become a really good player for us. He has all the shots required for late middle order batsman. Already improved a lot in bowling in 1 year.

Potential aside, the thing about Faheem is he is a very hardworking guy and have great team player attitude. We have to back such players.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 12th May 2018 at 17:37.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Yes he can
    Facing Steyn, Rabada, Morkel and Philander in SA conditions is a different ball game altogether.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    That innings may be good but at the end of the day it was not impactful

If Faheem's innings can make Pakistan win from here in such swinging conditions I will take this innings over that one.

Plus Faheem has way way better FC stats than Pandya who has been the most overrated player I have seen from India.
    only reason why it wasn't impactful was because the rest of his team struggled while he played a very brisk innings. If the batting half clicked it could have been a match defining knock giving India the extra test needed to secure the series.

Lol at " that innings may be good" it was up there with the ones played by AB de Villiers and Kohli.