Debut
    Mar 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Even Rayudu hasn't done anything wrong but still fans want him out of the team I wonder why?
    Really showing your cricketing knowledge there.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate Hardik Pandya,particularly, in ODIs as he is a very valuable player to have.

Given that India will be playing with both Kuldeep and Chahal and Jadhav can be a sixth bowling option, we will have only two pacers who will probably open the bowling. So, Pandya's utility as a fast bowling option comes in here. Yes, he is an average bowler which we all know but his utility is with the bat coming at 7 where he needs to go all guns blazing in latter overs. He has talent with the bat and can do well as a batting all-rounder in future IMO.

So, he is a perfect asset to have and clearly better option than Jadeja Or Krunal or any available option at 7 to have.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahul1 View Post
    Really showing your cricketing knowledge there.
    Has an average of 50 in ODIs but still some fans want him out of the team. May be you should start watching cricket outside IPL?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It says a lot about the dire state of cricket in this age when these two numpties are even considered good enough for either side.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Krunal is a waste of space. Hardik will be very good in one dayers. In T20 i don't really care what they do.
    He will be a game changer if he gets going.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I was going to write the same thing but you did. You have nailed it perfectly. The real reason this thread was started to feel good about themselves after comparing two mediocre cricketers. If fans are really serious about comparing these two then bring Jason Holder into discussion and see how quickly people will start running away from this thread.
    Holder is on another level right now, it's really great to see him elevate his game to another level and get WI team United and start progressing.. Hopefully WICB doesn't mess it up again and supports the players...

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to write the same thing but you did. You have nailed it perfectly. The real reason this thread was started to feel good about themselves after comparing two mediocre cricketers. If fans are really serious about comparing these two then bring Jason Holder into discussion and see how quickly people will start running away from this thread.
    I'm a Pakistani fan, and while I expected Faheem Ashraf to be better than rubbish returns he has given so far, I can categorically say Holder is on another galaxy compared to Faheem Ashraf. And Holder deserves it, seeing as how he has quietly gone about his business and worked really hard to be where he is right now.

Stokes and Holder are the only proper all rounders at the moment. Rest are pretenders, and not good enough to say "mein aaj kar ke aaya" as far as the cricket field is concerned.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only Holder. These two have done nothing to be termed as better than anyone else. Even Thisara Perera can claim to be better than these two.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    I'm a Pakistani fan, and while I expected Faheem Ashraf to be better than rubbish returns he has given so far, I can categorically say Holder is on another galaxy compared to Faheem Ashraf. And Holder deserves it, seeing as how he has quietly gone about his business and worked really hard to be where he is right now.

Stokes and Holder are the only proper all rounders at the moment. Rest are pretenders, and not good enough to say "mein aaj kar ke aaya" as far as the cricket field is concerned.
    I think the first step would be to acknowledge you were wrong about your claims with Faheem > Pandya. The latter has settled this debate. Pandya would walk into Pakistan's team as a hitter alone. Faheem on the other hand is just a fraud.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    I think the first step would be to acknowledge you were wrong about your claims with Faheem > Pandya. The latter has settled this debate. Pandya would walk into Pakistan's team as a hitter alone. Faheem on the other hand is just a fraud.
    If you want me to choose between these two rubbish players, then sure I might go for Pandya on the off-chance he gives us a nice 15-20 tullaybaaz runs.

I wasn't wrong. I was replying to shodaybaaz posters who thought Pandya had achieved everything and Faheem had achieved nothing, despite the sample size being too small. Now we have a decent enough sample size, and frankly both are downright garbage.

But ofcourse, another Indian apologist still thinks Hardik Pandya has somehow settled a debate based on his cricketing performances in the recent past. Not surprised

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want me to choose between these two rubbish players, then sure I might go for Pandya on the off-chance he gives us a nice 15-20 tullaybaaz runs.

I wasn't wrong. I was replying to shodaybaaz posters who thought Pandya had achieved everything and Faheem had achieved nothing, despite the sample size being too small. Now we have a decent enough sample size, and frankly both are downright garbage.

But ofcourse, another Indian apologist still thinks Hardik Pandya has somehow settled a debate based on his cricketing performances in the recent past. Not surprised
    Pandya would walk into Pakistan's team as a hitter alone - nothing "Indian apologist" about me displaying facts.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya would walk into Pakistan's team as a hitter alone - nothing "Indian apologist" about me displaying facts.
    No thanks. We don't another misfiring tullaybaaz, and that's all Pandya has been recently.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    Don't let Morris fool you with that innings in the third T20. He's very inconsistent and his bowling can be smashed as well. Infact every bowler in your list can and has been smashed except for Holder. Pandya is a match winner. Morris is not. I did not mention Holder in my post earlier because he usually has limited impact in LOIs compared to tests. But he's an A class all-rounder that can win tests for his team. Stokes is next. I'd rate Pandya more than Morris as Pandya is clutch and Morris isn't. Pandya can turn the game with batting or bowling or Fielding. Just watch NZ 3rd and 5th ODIs to see how he can impact.
    I rate morris bowling better than Pandya's He is taller and quicker. I have seen Pandya's been smashed too often tbh to rate his bowling. India is affording to carry his bowling so far but lets see how long they can continue to do that. With the bat I think pandya is better than morris.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hardik is miles ahead

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No thanks. We don't another misfiring tullaybaaz, and that's all Pandya has been recently.
    Lol he already has done more in his career than Asif Ali has for us.... As a batsman alone.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hardik is coming back after a long layoff. He is still getting his rhythm back. Battingwise he has a lot more potential. He just needs to achieve some consistency. He is still one of the cleanest hitter going around. He bats at no.7, he is 3rd fast bowling option. Terrific fielder.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As i showed in another thread, with Hardik you'll get a player who has scored more runs per innings than Babar Azam against top 5 ODI teams - for three years running. And that's not all, he has scored them at a SR of 120 compared to Babar's 80.

Pandya would literally be the KEY batsman in the current Pakistan side.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    do you really want a poors man afridi again in pak team .i think we have enough of 18 years mediocrity which promises alot but always end short.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't cease to amaze me that people still don't have a unanimous consent on this question. Pandiya is far better of a cricketer , pivotal to success of India in all 3 format. Pandiya is a decent bowlers , a far better batsman and a zillion times better fielder. He is the most exciting allrounder since stokes came on the scene. You don't get Rahul Dravid praising you unless you are god damn good . This should put this thread to rest .

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it is really funny pandyas tullybazzi is hyped to moon .he is poor's man afridi
    Last edited by saeed5646; 11th February 2019 at 21:03.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    do you really want a poors man afridi again in pak team .i think we have enough of 18 years mediocrity which promises alot but always end short.
    we already have a poor mans afridi in asif ali who was hyped to the moon

pandya would be a great addition to the team

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokli View Post
    we already have a poor mans afridi in asif ali who was hyped to the moon

pandya would be a great addition to the team
    i have not hyped asif ali .i don,t like tullbazz unless he is butler,abd level
    Last edited by saeed5646; 11th February 2019 at 21:13.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is not fit to even tie Babars shoelaces.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
    As i showed in another thread, with Hardik you'll get a player who has scored more runs per innings than Babar Azam against top 5 ODI teams - for three years running. And that's not all, he has scored them at a SR of 120 compared to Babar's 80.

Pandya would literally be the KEY batsman in the current Pakistan side.
    Name:  Screenshot_20190211-220317_Chrome.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  267.5 KB

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was only last summer when this thread was all about Faheem > Pandya but I guess it was time to conveniently divert this discussion to Pandya's shortcomings rather than his accomplishments since the comparison has been settled.

Everyone was in awe of Faheem last year but it came to my attention having watched him closely in last year's PSL that he was a poor cricketer from the very beginning. Pakistan would be lucky to have Pandya's firepower down the order and if he was a Pakistani I assure he would have been loved to bits on here considering how the green tinted hype brigade were going all bhangra about Faheem all year round in 2018, so much so we were informed by his no.1 cheerleader that he would be a top 2 bowler in other international sides...
    Last edited by topspin; 12th February 2019 at 03:46.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't think they need Pandya. They can bring back Anwar Ali for those 15-20 big hitting runs. He is as inconsistent as Pandya and can also win 1 match out of 10 matches occasionally.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they need Pandya. They can bring back Anwar Ali for those 15-20 big hitting runs. He is as inconsistent as Pandya and can also win 1 match out of 10 matches occasionally.
    It is good to see that Pandya and Ashraf have cemented no 1 and no 2 spots.
    They come from two cricket crazy nations. Icing on the cake is that these two nations are neighbors.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As per usual his bashers are bringing him down to Anwar Ali's level....

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was only last summer when this thread was all about Faheem > Pandya but I guess it was time to conveniently divert this discussion to Pandya's shortcomings rather than his accomplishments since the comparison has been settled.
    i have not made such claim .so don,t inculde me in it.Comparison is still open your love for pandya won,t change that

Everyone was in awe of Faheem last year but it came to my attention having watched him closely in last year's PSL that he was a poor cricketer from the very beginning. Pakistan would be lucky to have Pandya's firepower down the order and if he was a Pakistani I assure he would have been loved to bits on here considering how the green tinted hype brigade were going all bhangra about Faheem all year round in 2018, so much so we were informed by his no.1 cheerleader that he would be a top 2 bowler in other international sides...
    i have no problem if you hyped pandya to moon.mars or Jupiter .you said he will walk into pakistan hitter only which is completely wrong .we don,t need hitter like him who can barley put a 2 consistent performance with the bat while forget about his bowling which is non existence .Pandya is heavily reliant on indian sucees which don,t expose his batting or bowling .if he plays for us you will see how poor he is

neither pandya or faheem is on my wish list i would like to see someone like holder who can bat properly and can be more than good with the bowl which he is.
    Last edited by saeed5646; 13th February 2019 at 12:13.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Comparing Hipster Pandya to Babar is as big a crime as comparing Duckster Faheem to Pandya.

Add Pandya's clean hitting to Babar and you have a Rohit Sharma. Add Faheem's batting to Pandya and you get Faheem 2.0 that averages 15.
    Last edited by rhony; 13th February 2019 at 12:33.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i have not made such claim .so don,t inculde me in it.Comparison is still open your love for pandya won,t change that

i have no problem if you hyped pandya to moon.mars or Jupiter .you said he will walk into pakistan hitter only which is completely wrong .we don,t need hitter like him who can barley put a 2 consistent performance with the bat while forget about his bowling which is non existence .Pandya is heavily reliant on indian sucees which don,t expose his batting or bowling .if he plays for us you will see how poor he is

neither pandya or faheem is on my wish list i would like to see someone like holder who can bat properly and can be more than good with the bowl which he is.
    No love affair, just not bitter over his superiority over a minnow standard all rounder.

If you don't think he would make Pakistan's team as a hitter alone then can you please name me just one lower order hitter who could fulfil this role better than him?
    Last edited by topspin; 13th February 2019 at 15:58.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Pakistani fans are going through different stages of denial. Few months back, they were adamant that Faheem is better than Pandya. However, they have swallowed the bitter player and now admit something that everyone knew from the word go - Pandya is far better than Faheem.

The next step would be to actually admit that Pandya is a very, very good cricketer. I believe they will overcome this final stage of denial in a year or so.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistani fans are going through different stages of denial. Few months back, they were adamant that Faheem is better than Pandya. However, they have swallowed the bitter player and now admit something that everyone knew from the word go - Pandya is far better than Faheem.

The next step would be to actually admit that Pandya is a very, very good cricketer. I believe they will overcome this final stage of denial in a year or so.
    Why wait for an year? Aren't we meeting head-to-head again in a couple of months? The last time Pandya met Pak on a big stage was all about thrashing the wannabe superstar spinners Imad and Shadab! This time it's not going to be any different! Is this lad Faheem even going to be a part of playing 11?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5818 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Why wait for an year? Aren't we meeting head-to-head again in a couple of months? The last time Pandya met Pak on a big stage was all about thrashing the wannabe superstar spinners Imad and Shadab! This time it's not going to be any different! Is this lad Faheem even going to be a part of playing 11?
    It takes time to overcome your denial. It took them 1.5 years to admit than Pandya is better than Faheem, so perhaps it will take them another 1.5 years to admit that Pandya is actually good.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faheem needs a lot of work on his batting. Especially his defensive technique. He tries to play across the line even to balls outside off. Pandya on the other hand is a special timer of the ball and has performed on difficult pitches.

In terms of bowling, I still think faheem is ahead of Pandya but Pandya has more potential. He is a yard quicker than faheem and also gets more bounce due to his height.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    did your team won that match?was it even close .Team had work him out he won,t be feed with spinner again.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No love affair, just not bitter over his superiority over a minnow standard all rounder.

If you don't think he would make Pakistan's team as a hitter alone then can you please name me just one lower order hitter who could fulfil this role better than him?
    i would love to have jason holder or ben stokes as a allrounder i am fed up afridi tullbazi don,t need his poor mans any more.If you are talking about currently pakistan certainly have imad who is decent hitter

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i would love to have jason holder or ben stokes as a allrounder i am fed up afridi tullbazi don,t need his poor mans any more.If you are talking about currently pakistan certainly have imad who is decent hitter
    Yes I was referring to players in Pakistan. Yes Imad is probably the best lower order hitter in Pakistan but he is certainly not better than Pandya, so to conclude he walks into Pakistan's team as a hitting specialist who can be the 5th/6th bowler in the side.

Just to make this clear I am only referring to LOIs not tests where Pandya needs to improve.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    did your team won that match?was it even close .Team had work him out he won,t be feed with spinner again.
    The discussion was not about who won that match. It's about Hardik vs Faheem! If you want me to talk about who won against who in ICC tournaments, you will go into hiding! Let's not get there!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The discussion was not about who won that match. It's about Hardik vs Faheem! If you want me to talk about who won against who in ICC tournaments, you will go into hiding! Let's not get there!
    what is imad wasim and shadab doing your post if you want to stick to hardik pandya .if you want to talk about won win whom i will bring head to head in test ,head to head in odis .last odi series result, record in test who have better w/l ratio,you will go in hiding.Lets no get there

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I was referring to players in Pakistan. Yes Imad is probably the best lower order hitter in Pakistan but he is certainly not better than Pandya, so to conclude he walks into Pakistan's team as a hitting specialist who can be the 5th/6th bowler in the side.

Just to make this clear I am only referring to LOIs not tests where Pandya needs to improve.
    your opinion i would perfer imad over pandya any day because pak team is not top side who will always need a blind hitter alone they need a smart player who can bat decently without slogging ,imad is perfect guy who is averaging 40+ with the bat and have more than 100 strike rate.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    your opinion i would perfer imad over pandya any day because pak team is not top side who will always need a blind hitter alone they need a smart player who can bat decently without slogging ,imad is perfect guy who is averaging 40+ with the bat and have more than 100 strike rate.
    You probably haven't watched Pandya bat. Check out the highlights of the recently concluded NZ series. Crisp strokes with great timing. He plays all around the ground. Imad is the best you got but he's more than a few rungs below Pandya in batting because of his limited range. Pandya can pull, cut, drive and smash. Imad's range is just down the ground.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You probably haven't watched Pandya bat. Check out the highlights of the recently concluded NZ series. Crisp strokes with great timing. He plays all around the ground. Imad is the best you got but he's more than a few rungs below Pandya in batting because of his limited range. Pandya can pull, cut, drive and smash. Imad's range is just down the ground.
    As a hitter, Pandya is probably better, but Imad is clearly a more valuable player.

I think Pandya is an excellent player who is more polished and almost near his peak while Faheem is raw, but a smart player who will only get better.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    As a hitter, Pandya is probably better, but Imad is clearly a more valuable player.

I think Pandya is an excellent player who is more polished and almost near his peak while Faheem is raw, but a smart player who will only get better.
    Pandya at his peak how? If at all, Pandya has lot more room to grow with batting after the WC with all the youngsters in. He will be the designated experienced finisher. As far as bowling goes, don't underestimate this Indian coaching unit which turned relative duds to potent force in a span of 2 years. Look at the variations he already has and he's as fit as any. He is capable of clocking 140 and can seam the ball.

Imad's bowling is effective in T20s. His batting can surely be improved but in Pak setup the ceiling in batting is limited.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Unless he becomes more consistent pandya will remain an mediocre.. He is very inconsistent to be considered a very good player.. Potential is one thing but your legacy is defined by consistent performances which pandya is lacking so far.. He has had his moments but needs to become a bankable asset in every game.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya at his peak how? If at all, Pandya has lot more room to grow with batting after the WC with all the youngsters in. He will be the designated experienced finisher. As far as bowling goes, don't underestimate this Indian coaching unit which turned relative duds to potent force in a span of 2 years. Look at the variations he already has and he's as fit as any. He is capable of clocking 140 and can seam the ball.

Imad's bowling is effective in T20s. His batting can surely be improved but in Pak setup the ceiling in batting is limited.
    It's not his skills it's his temperament. A problem with many young Indian players.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Not only Holder. These two have done nothing to be termed as better than anyone else. Even Thisara Perera can claim to be better than these two.
    Based on a similar skillset to these two, these players should also be in contention for this comparison

Nzl: Neesham, CDG, Bracewell
    Aus: Stoinis, Mitch, Faulkner
    Srl: Thisara
    Bd: Saifudin
    RSA: Andile, Morris, Mulder, Pretorious
    Pak: Anwar, Bhatti, Tanvir, H. Azam, Talat, Sohail Akhtar, Amad Butt
    Ind: Shankar
    Eng: Woakes, Curran, Stokes
    WI: Holder, Kemo, Alzarri
    Irl + Zim + Afg: I'm a bit unsure but Scotland had one medium pacer who could hit a few as well but can't recall his name.

ya aenu chuk lay ya mainu aenu chukkan di taaqat day

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    I think that's the point both are absolutely mediocre to the core however to get one up against the other set of fans people are trying to prove who is better amongst both these average players..

Generally these kind of threads get bumped after a poor performance or great performance by one of the players in this case both players have given so many poor performances that this thread has gone into 23 pages already..

It's really funny if you think about it..
    Overall Pandya's stats may seem mediocre, but every once in a while he provides a match-winning performance like his 5-fer in the last England series. Remember his last over against Bangladesh in the WT20 semi-final? If he is dropped from the team, you are left wondering "what would Pandya have done?".

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    It's not his skills it's his temperament. A problem with many young Indian players.
    It's a myth that he doesn't have temperment. In his short career, he showed he's bankable under pressure.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaik View Post
    Both relatively young and, good prospects.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Khan View Post
    Whoa.... first time on this page as the question didn't interest me as both are not that great, but its got to 23 pages!??

What the ....?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Generally these kind of threads get bumped after a poor performance or great performance by one of the players in this case both players have given so many poor performances that this thread has gone into 23 pages already..

It's really funny if you think about it..
    I was going to write the same thing but you did. You have nailed it perfectly. The real reason this thread was started to feel good about themselves after comparing two mediocre cricketers.
    It is the OP @Shaik's fault for having started this thread and then exiting the forum leaving behind chaos.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faheem looks a complete different batsmen when he bat's in the PSL, I hope he just somehow transfer his confidence in international matches.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Rotterdam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.

GOAT innings today.

Damn

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad saad View Post
    Faheem looks a complete different batsmen when he bat's in the PSL, I hope he just somehow transfer his confidence in international matches.
    Faheem is a slogger. He is like Mohammed Amir and he can hit when it is in his arc. He cannot manufacture and move around the crease to create his own shots.

Today, Qalandars bowling was poor. Credit to Faheem and mostly Asif who brutalized that impotent attack.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muhammad saad View Post
    Him and Asif just need exposure and backing. Not 3 games here and 2 games there

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Lol in international cricket, the Big 5 bowlers are not going to put the ball in your ark and give your sixes on a platter. These hitters i.e. the likes of Asif Ali and Faheem Ashraf need to work on other alternative shots and scoring areas and not just rely on the same predictable scoring shots.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faheem had a good day but he is still a million miles away from being the finished article as a lower order hitter in ODIs.

Asif Ali on the other hand will get there if he's bestowed with a small leap of faith.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I despise hacks. Someone who swings through the line connects a few. Having seen so many six hitters over the years, i can say Pandya is not a hack. Some of his shots are outrageous. He rarely gets into awkward position or rarely mistimes (except may be against slow ball) or rarely lacks power when he connects one half decently. He has many things going for him. power, timing, execution. It zips off of his bat like a rocket. For such a wiry guy his bat speed is terrific. I don't want him to change his batting style even though he will continue to be inconsistent. He is such exciting player to watch. Look at his brother Krunal pandya who could hit six as well. But it is so awkward to watch you could see his dismissal from a mile away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s6UBOTbbtI

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hardik Pandya is an absolute monster against spin bowling whereas Faheem has been schooled by Fawad Ahmed in todays match. Did not pick a single wrong'un from the leggie. These are alarming signs for Faheem if he truly wants to be the person to replace Abdul Razzaq.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There never was any compairson. Hardik was always better. Better fielder and much better batter. In bowling Faheem maybe slightly ahead. But overall I'll take Hardik.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardik is a proper finisher now.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    In T20I, may be it's a reasonable comparison because Faheem's bowling in T20 is much more effective. I put it other way, for a 6 T20 series, if I am to pick 1 player for my Fantasy league, I am not sure who to pick - probably Faheem, because he'll earn some secured points from his 4 overs of bowling while HP might not even get proper chance to bat. T20 is more of a specialists game - apart from top 4 batsman and 4 regular bowlers, it's really difficult for all-rounders to make a mark in T20s.

In ODI it's not even a contest, while in Test none should be playing for their team (Faheem plays for PAK & Pandeya fails to make the Indian Test XI - only reason is IND is No. 1 in Test and PAK is border line minnow); but if I am given the option to pick one for BD team, I'll pick Pandeya (realistically, both will make the XI).

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haven't been following live Pakistani cricket much take note of Faheem but if he is similar, then he is a player i must watch because Hardik Pandya is a player must watching when he is on full flow.

In pure hitting ability he is right up there with Klusener, Yuvraj, Russel.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Haven't been following live Pakistani cricket much take note of Faheem but if he is similar, then he is a player i must watch because Hardik Pandya is a player must watching when he is on full flow.

Faheem is a glorified tailender.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faheem needs to up his power and intent in the field. Seems to be a bit of a softy. Can be a gun player.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post

He looks like a match stick. Yesterday he hit a 91 meter six followed by a 104 meter six.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    He looks like a match stick. Yesterday he hit a 91 meter six followed by a 104 meter six.
    Like i said above, in pure hitting ability he is right up there with some of the most special talents ever.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. With Faheem's recent performances, some posts on this thread (including some of my own) are just embarrasing now. What a flop he has been internationally the last few months, I had high hopes from him but he seems like a liability tbh.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Damn. With Faheem's recent performances, some posts on this thread (including some of my own) are just embarrasing now. What a flop he has been internationally the last few months, I had high hopes from him but he seems like a liability tbh.
    YOUR next denial to overcome is to admit Pandya is a very very good cricketer. This will probably come after WC2019 head to head match.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya whilst still far better than Faheem, is expensive with the ball. But his batting is valuable for India.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What was funny was posters saying judge them in a year or so because apparently neither had done anything. Pandaya has a test match century, good LO innings against Australia,90 in South Africa, and that knock in the CT final. Faheem has done nothing. Not even a comparison anymore.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya - 2nd best all rounder of this generation after Stokes. Thats all everyone needs to know.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Pandya - 2nd best all rounder of this generation after Stokes. Thats all everyone needs to know.
    Are you sure?

Hardik Pandya - ICC Allrounders Ranking - 24th March 2019

Test Ranking - 27
    ODI Ranking - 18
    T20 Ranking - 33

2nd best my foot.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure?

Hardik Pandya - ICC Allrounders Ranking - 24th March 2019

Test Ranking - 27
    ODI Ranking - 18
    T20 Ranking - 33

2nd best my foot.
    He will get higher ranking pretty soon and its just a matter of time. ICC rankings consider performance of last 2 years and not just present. There is a reason why M.Hafeez is still 3rd best all rounder

Impact wise, Pandya is only second to Stoksey.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will get higher ranking pretty soon and its just a matter of time. ICC rankings consider performance of last 2 years and not just present. There is a reason why M.Hafeez is still 3rd best all rounder

Impact wise, Pandya is only second to Stoksey.
    Better than Shakib lol?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ar2020 View Post
    Better than Shakib lol?
    Shakib??

He is not even top 5 all rounders (impact wise) in my book. Also someone who hides from tough over seas tours.

Stokes
    Pandya
    Holder
    M.Ali
    Rashid Khan

Top 5 all rounders at present.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakib??

He is not even top 5 all rounders (impact wise) in my book. Also someone who hides from tough over seas tours.

Stokes
    Pandya
    Holder
    M.Ali
    Rashid Khan

Top 5 all rounders at present.
    Holder is galaxies ahead of Pandya.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Coming Soon - ICC Impact Wise Rankings

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Why is Holder not playing in IPL(the biggest T20 tournament) then? The fact is Holder is pretty good in test cricket but lack impact in shorter version. Similarly, likes of Andre Russel are beast in T20s but wont last long in test matches. Stokey and legend Pandya are the only 2 all rounders who are all format genuine all rounders.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is Holder not playing in IPL(the biggest T20 tournament) then? The fact is Holder is pretty good in test cricket but lack impact in shorter version. Similarly, likes of Andre Russel are beast in T20s but wont last long in test matches. Stokey and legend Pandya are the only 2 all rounders who are all format genuine all rounders.
    Hardik will find it hard to play IPL if he was overseas player.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Hardik will find it hard to play IPL if he was overseas player.
    Teams should really think about picking Sean Williams instead of Pandya Ji. He has created enough impact to be ranked at number 8 in ICC T20I Rankings where as 'Aaj Main Karke Aaya' Pandya is at 33.