Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Even though I never compared Faheem with Pandya but I think this comparison has failed. Pandya in my opinion is a useless bowler, great fielder and inconsistent batsman who will have his days like today after getting dropped on a slow pitch. But he can beat Faheem on his fielding alone.

Either this thread should be closed or should be renamed to Pandya vs Holder.
    There is no comparison at all btw Pandya and Fahim

Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so sorry for ever coparing the two.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Feeling sad for Faheem

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem never looked more than an average cricketer from the start! Lol who made this thread??

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think Faheem's bowling is even really better than Pandya. Both are poor with the ball.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    he is suspicious on express bowling who can bowl short pitch with pace what is wrong with my judgement .

Attachment 91545
    Very poor insight

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even a comparison anymore. Pandaya miles ahead.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even though I never compared Faheem with Pandya but I think this comparison has failed. Pandya in my opinion is a useless bowler, great fielder and inconsistent batsman who will have his days like today after getting dropped on a slow pitch. But he can beat Faheem on his fielding alone.

Do you prefer Vijay Shankar to Pandya?

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic suggestion, it should be Stokes vs Pandya vs Holder.

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread should be closed until Faheem does something noteworthy in international arena.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Pandya is no match for Faheem", we were told.

"suspicious on express bowling"

Anyone who saw clips of him bat in this season's IPL, would have come to the conclusion that his hitting game against the pacers has bolstered significantly.

Cummins is one of the best bowlers in the world, but Pandya somehow made smashed him with ease.

Time for Pakistan fans to accept he would walk into Pakistan's team without any sweat, who would also stand out as captaincy material for the side.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    You donít have to be. You have proved yourself as an unbiased supporter who doesnít hesitate in calling a spade a spade. However, we all make errors of judgement.

The only people who need to be ashamed and sorry are the ones who always blindly back Pakistani players whenever they are compared to their Indian counterparts.

Most of them are too humiliated to show their faces now.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    You shouldnt be. There are Umar Akmal vs Kohli, Shaheen Shah vs Khaleel Ahmed and Babar Azam vs KL Rahul kind of threads as well, its very difficult to judge anyone from the very start as future progress is dependent upon number of factors. Also there are lots of ups and downs in the careers of players so one can never be really sure about the future of any player.

Even number of international cricket experts have gone wrong with number of their predictions. I remember Harsha Bhogle once saying in Ind vs Pak 2012 series that Junaid Khan will probably end up with 300 + ODI as well as test wickets. His comments were fair based upon what he saw at that point of time however, he didnt know injuries and other such issues Junaid was gonna face in future.
    Last edited by Titan24; 10th June 2019 at 03:17.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are terrible cricketers, but fahim is alot more terrible!
    Proper all rounders - stokes, holder, dre russ

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriketer View Post
    Faheem never looked more than an average cricketer from the start! Lol who made this thread??
    Yea really. When I see threads like these or over the years involving Ahmed Shehzad I say to myself, Ďeither most PPers are blind or you have a knack for spotting talentí

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Run-of-the-mill type cricketers like Fahim come and go. I think he perfectly encapsulates the mediocrity that Pakistan cricket has become today.

On the other hand, Pandya is a good example of the big leap that Indian cricket has taken since the turn of the millennium - aggressive, supremely fit athlete, and has the confidence and the mental strength to not be overawed by any occasion and deliver against any opposition.

It will be very disappointing for India if he does not fulfill his potential, but on the brighter side, young Indian cricketers not fulfilling their potential is increasingly become a rarity, which is a consequence of the great education and exposure that the young Indian cricketers have today.
    Great post

I donít think pandya will become an odi great but the Fahim comparison was never ob

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    No comparison.

Pandya is far ahead in terms of batting, fitness and fielding. In bowling he is also ahead but gap is slightly less (in ODIs bowling is a toss up atm)
    Maybe pandya has exceeded in bowling too?

I think Faheem can sometimes mix it up to be economical thatís it

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roi on pandya is improving y.o.y.(year.on.year). It took 2.5 years for India and pandya some slaps to correct himself and be of substance to Indian team. Now India should support Shankar on selective/seaming wickets.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya has a designated role in the Indian side. That is all he has to do. It is not going to be the role of Angelo Matthews or Stokes or Holder. His role is to provide fiery finish. Will he be inconsistent? Yes. But when he clicks he will be very dangerous.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya need to concentrate on bowling. Though he bowled well with bouncers but need to take wickets.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say again, Pandya as a bowler also improved since he came into the game. He will improve with time.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No comparison in batting. Faheem is worse than a tail ender. Hasan ali is better than him.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya has a role in the team's balance! Without him India will be forced to play 3rd seamer on these pitches (+ miss the batting qualities of Pandya even if he is inconsistent + miss his fielding) OR/AND include an additional batsman OR/AND drop the 2nd spinner & include a lesser spinner like Jadeja (again to balance the batting & the lineup!) Pandya solves all these problems for India to some extent... We would have wished to have Sobers or Russel, but unfortunately we don't! So what should we do, stop playing cricket until we find one?

You cannot expect him to deliver like Sobers, Kallis, Imran, Kapil, Botham or even Stokes, Russel, etc, of current teams (WI don't have a player like Kohli or even Rohit, so they should be thankful that they at least have Russel to win them some matches! Similarly England don't have a spinner like Chahal...)

This is how teams match up and every team will have some loopholes to exploit, cricket (or any team game) is also a game of handling the strengths & weaknesses! It is not like an individual race where one player tries to individually compete with the rest and comes out victorious! That's why these individual comparison threads (there are so many) on PP don't make any kind of sense! People here are so obsessed with individual performances that they often forget about team's performances!

For instance if Sachin had played for Australian team I am sure he would have added 20% more runs to his individual record (because he had easy Indian bowlers to handle + not required to handle Australian bowlers) + another 10 to 20% because of the confidence he gains from the ease of his workload! But Sachin's greatness is measured because of how he handled his situation (played most part in a weak team) and he is in fact remembered (like Sharjah) for the way he handled the tough Aussie bowlers! Another debate would be if Sachin played for Aussie team then he would not have scored so many runs because it would be shared by other batters in the team! So many parameters & combinations would come into equation!

So please look cricket as team game! If Pandya is in the Indian team, it is because he is needed for the team! If Rahul fails to stay in the team in future, it means there are better players... If Babar is mainstay player for Pakistan, then Pakistan should utilize him that way & win more matches (If Pakistan loses more matches, then Babar's individual records don't make any sense, just like even the great Sachin was criticized because India were losing many matches until we found the right balance almost at the fag end of his career. It is about how an individual fits in the team)! If Faheem is not bringing the balance to Pakistan team like Pandya, then look for someone else...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Pandya has a role in the team's balance! Without him India will be forced to play 3rd seamer on these pitches (+ miss the batting qualities of Pandya even if he is inconsistent + miss his fielding) OR/AND include an additional batsman OR/AND drop the 2nd spinner & include a lesser spinner like Jadeja (again to balance the batting & the lineup!) Pandya solves all these problems for India to some extent... We would have wished to have Sobers or Russel, but unfortunately we don't! So what should we do, stop playing cricket until we find one?

You cannot expect him to deliver like Sobers, Kallis, Imran, Kapil, Botham or even Stokes, Russel, etc, of current teams (WI don't have a player like Kohli or even Rohit, so they should be thankful that they at least have Russel to win them some matches! Similarly England don't have a spinner like Chahal...)

This is how teams match up and every team will have some loopholes to exploit, cricket (or any team game) is also a game of handling the strengths & weaknesses! It is not like an individual race where one player tries to individually compete with the rest and comes out victorious! That's why these individual comparison threads (there are so many) on PP don't make any kind of sense! People here are so obsessed with individual performances that they often forget about team's performances!

For instance if Sachin had played for Australian team I am sure he would have added 20% more runs to his individual record (because he had easy Indian bowlers to handle + not required to handle Australian bowlers) + another 10 to 20% because of the confidence he gains from the ease of his workload! But Sachin's greatness is measured because of how he handled his situation (played most part in a weak team) and he is in fact remembered (like Sharjah) for the way he handled the tough Aussie bowlers! Another debate would be if Sachin played for Aussie team then he would not have scored so many runs because it would be shared by other batters in the team! So many parameters & combinations would come into equation!

So please look cricket as team game! If Pandya is in the Indian team, it is because he is needed for the team! If Rahul fails to stay in the team in future, it means there are better players... If Babar is mainstay player for Pakistan, then Pakistan should utilize him that way & win more matches (If Pakistan loses more matches, then Babar's individual records don't make any sense, just like even the great Sachin was criticized because India were losing many matches until we found the right balance almost at the fag end of his career. It is about how an individual fits in the team)! If Faheem is not bringing the balance to Pakistan team like Pandya, then look for someone else...
    Excellent Post!.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timely bump. Pandya always gives his best against Pakistan. Well played today.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could have done better with the bat today but given the way he plays and what he was sent in for, u guess itís ok he had to make quick runs.

Bowled much better. Wickets are always welcome

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Usual suspects ducking for cover.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    704 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya and heck even Vijay Shankar are not only better allrounders , they can each make it ,ahead of Hasan Ali, to Pakistan team as new ball bowlers. That is the state of Pakistani bowling these days.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya outclassed faheem lol

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking at the other top allrounder and hardik sober pandya Every one have comfortably outperformed him
    Shakib have 2 man of the match
    Stokes have one man of the match with exceptional effort yesterday
    Holder have few very good outing
    Santner have finished the game for nz in tied game
    My ranking from the worldcup
    Shakib
    Stokes
    Holder
    Santner
    Pandya

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Getting smash from Afghanistan batsmen 😂😂.

You cannot ride on team success my friend .time to man up your team needed you the most

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Getting smash from Afghanistan batsmen 😂😂.

You cannot ride on team success my friend .time to man up your team needed you the most
    If you want have a go at Pandya, bump a relevant thread. What is the point of beating this dead horse and forcing people to state obvious, i.e. he is far better than Faheem?

Faheem is a nothing cricketer who is history like Anwar, Bhatti etc., and so is this thread.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem is much better bowler than overhypthik pandaya.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you want have a go at Pandya, bump a relevant thread. What is the point of beating this dead horse and forcing people to state obvious, i.e. he is far better than Faheem?

Faheem is a nothing cricketer who is history like Anwar, Bhatti etc., and so is this thread.
    So is Pandyas comparisons with Ben Stokes.
    Pandya is a spin bashing hack and a major weak link in India's bowling attack

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Even hasan ali is better allrounder than fahim .what is the point of changing topic?

There is no thread for pandya .Don.t be that blind read above comments pandya brigade was jumping up and down just few days ago

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the other top allrounder and hardik sober pandya Every one have comfortably outperformed him
    Shakib have 2 man of the match
    Stokes have one man of the match with exceptional effort yesterday
    Holder have few very good outing
    Santner have finished the game for nz in tied game
    My ranking from the worldcup
    Shakib
    Stokes
    Holder
    Santner
    Pandya
    Pandaya should not be in list of all rounders he is just a poor man Asif Ali. I think he only has 4 50s in 43 innings.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    So is Pandyas comparisons with Ben Stokes.
    Pandya is a spin bashing hack and a major weak link in India's bowling attack
    Is there a thread on Pandya vs Stokes and is it bumped regularly?

Debut
    Apr 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no such thread

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Even hasan ali is better allrounder than fahim .what is the point of changing topic?

There is no thread for pandya. Don.t be that blind read above comments pandya brigade was jumping up and down just few days ago
    Let me help you.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...up-to-the-hype

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ndian-ODI-team

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ichael-Holding

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...r-in-the-world

These are the relevant threads to bash Pandya, not this one where he is compared to Faheem.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo7 View Post
    There is no such thread
    As I thought.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does that impelled to me only?since i have criticize golden boy or you deliberately ignoring the above comments when there was no need to bump this thread

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Does that impelled to me only?since i have criticize golden boy or you deliberately ignoring the above comments when there was no need to bump this thread
    You only.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was wondering why Kohli brought in Pandya after poor 2 overs. Looks like he wanted Pandya to bowl the short ball and that worked.

Not bad going Pandya.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You only.
    Meh.In your dream

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is no thread but I'm sure u have been the one saying Pandya is in the league of Stokes/Shakib

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wicket followed by a maiden over

Thanks for bumpin yaaara

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Meh.In your dream
    Suit yourself, but then donít complain when the Faheem bashing starts.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    There is no thread but I'm sure u have been the one saying Pandya is in the league of Stokes/Shakib
    Ability wise he can match Stokes. He is the most exciting all-rounder since, but of course he needs to work very hard.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Suit yourself, but then donít complain when the Faheem bashing starts.
    No body is complaining just exposing your hypocrisy.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    No body is complaining just exposing your hypocrisy.
    Alright.

Debut
    May 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His bowling deserves some credit. He ended Malik's 20-year long career!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very concerning that he wasn't able to adapt today. He was targeting the square boundaries and his usual long on/off areas. But, as soon as Morgan put men at the boundary and the remaining ones inside the circle behind square, he struggled. He kept finding the fielder. He's been in the team for years now, he needs to start maturing and show his cricket smarts.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were bowling the right line, he was trying to drag balls from well outside off stump to mid wicket. I think he lacks off side game, he did struck a couple of boundaries there but overall struggled. He should've simply backed away and opened up the off side, targeting short 3rd man precisely. He didnt tried the paddle scoop, he just didnt had any answer and kept doing the same mistake over and over again.

Clearly, he needs to call Razzler

Hammad Azam - Remember the name !

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMsd View Post
    Very concerning that he wasn't able to adapt today. He was targeting the square boundaries and his usual long on/off areas. But, as soon as Morgan put men at the boundary and the remaining ones inside the circle behind square, he struggled. He kept finding the fielder. He's been in the team for years now, he needs to start maturing and show his cricket smarts.
    Quote Originally Posted by farazaidi View Post
    They were bowling the right line, he was trying to drag balls from well outside off stump to mid wicket. I think he lacks off side game, he did struck a couple of boundaries there but overall struggled. He should've simply backed away and opened up the off side, targeting short 3rd man precisely. He didnt tried the paddle scoop, he just didnt had any answer and kept doing the same mistake over and over again.

Scored 45 @ S/R 136 and was the second most economical bowler in the team after Bumrah. Didn't take wickets though like Shami did.

A S/R of 136 corresponds to a 400+ total in a 50 over game. I am sure he will come up with a plan to counter England's plan to counter him and score even faster, but it may only be ready after this tournament is over.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lack of finishing ability that is the concern for pandya

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by farazaidi View Post

He has offside game. This tennis ball cricket stance allows him to slog better. This is his slogging stance. He has a different stance for Test matches. I think he should outsmart the bowlers by playing through off side with inside out shots.

having said that his real problem is not the fielders. He is a man of 90 meter sixes. It doesn't really matter. His problem is "slower balls". He consistently strugglest to get score runs off of slower balls. Eventually he gets out to slower balls. In every single innings he got out to slower ball if i am right. When he has way too much time to receive the ball he mistimes it invariably.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yuvraj singh another guy who had issues against slower ball. These strikers expect the ball at a certain pace. When it doesn't arrive they struggle to time.