Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 320 of 1682
  1. #241
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No one has a problem with Fahim and no one has a problem with him getting a decent run in the side. The only problem is that he is being compared to Pandya before he has done anything.

    It is a simple point which seems to have flown over the heads of many people like his two sixes in the last over.
    How many matches Pandya has won for India?

  2. #242
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,440
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    No one is saying that but you have to see him more to recognize his hitting talent .. He is better hitting pace than Pandya.. Can hit yorkers, can hit bouncers.
    On other hand Padya is not good as Faheem hitting pace while exceptional hitting spin. India already kind of gave up on his pace hitting and now he is batting at no 4 or 5.. They realized he is not good hitting from the word go against pacers and batting up the order now when overs are left.
    No they haven't. If anything, they have realised that he can not just hit spinners, but he can also build an innings. And if he can come around 40 over mark, he can have a bigger impact rather than just 10-15 balls.

  3. #243
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    22,295
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Well he would have preferred full tosses to yorkers, but you still got to put them away.
    Does pandya hit sixes off yorkers?

  4. #244
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    28,648
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes he is better than Pandya after two sixes. India wish they could swap the two.
    The hype machine on PP is amazing.

    Two sixes off full tosses against a C grade Lankan attack and we're comparing players to Ben Stokes or Hardik Pandya. Why stop there - what about Richard Hadlee and Kapil Dev ?

    Yes they were great hits, and yes Fahim looks like a potential powerhitter in the mould of Razzaq (though still WAY too early to compare him to Razzaq) - but can we wait until we see more of him against stronger opposition before making such comparisons ?

  5. #245
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Just got Hatrick in last match and hit two sixes in two balls to finish the innings but still how can he beat the legends of Pandya
    Yes because the two sixes are more than what Pandya has achieved with the bat in the last few months.

    I will repeat - the bowling of both Fahim and Pandya is irrelevant at this point, because they are in the team for their batting contributions.

    Fahim won't help the team if he doesn't contribute with the bat regardless of how well he bowls. Bowling isn't an issue for us, power-hitting is.

  6. #246
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    No they haven't. If anything, they have realised that he can not just hit spinners, but he can also build an innings. And if he can come around 40 over mark, he can have a bigger impact rather than just 10-15 balls.
    India might be needing all rounder to build innings but Pakistan needs an all rounder who can hit some shots lower down the order and yes not only to spinners but pacers as well

  7. #247
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Does pandya hit sixes off yorkers?
    I don't know about that, but he is one of the best six hitters in the world today. He could break Afridi's sixes record if he has a long career.

  8. #248
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,035
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Premature thread from both perspectives. Pandya is great against spin but he struggles against pace. The CT knock was impressive but there was Fakhar Azam bowling part time so can't be looked into. However, he does have a Test century and bowls slightly quicker than Faheem. Faheem is a timer of the ball like Gilchrist but nowhere near as good yet. Let's wait until after the next WC to compare the two.

  9. #249
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes because the two sixes are more than what Pandya has achieved with the bat in the last few months.

    I will repeat - the bowling of both Fahim and Pandya is irrelevant at this point, because they are in the team for their batting contributions.

    Fahim won't help the team if he doesn't contribute with the bat regardless of how well he bowls. Bowling isn't an issue for us, power-hitting is.
    Both are playing as 5th bowler. How is their bowling irrelevant? What kind of logic is that?

  10. #250
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    885
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricFan2012 View Post
    Sample size is very very small, he's played less matches than the fingers I have on my hands.
    Due to no fault of his and whenever he has played, has shown promise. I agree, he has got a lot to proof, to learn and to play, but to say he can imagine to reach Pandya, can't hit, is useless is pretty biased.

  11. #251
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The hype machine on PP is amazing.

    Two sixes off full tosses against a C grade Lankan attack and we're comparing players to Ben Stokes or Hardik Pandya. Why stop there - what about Richard Hadlee and Kapil Dev ?

    Yes they were great hits, and yes Fahim looks like a potential powerhitter in the mould of Razzaq (though still WAY too early to compare him to Razzaq) - but can we wait until we see more of him against stronger opposition before making such comparisons ?
    That's the point. No one is writing Fahim off as a player, the only issue is that comparing him to Pandya and Stokes already is comical.

    The likes of Anwar Ali, Tanvir, Bhatti etc. have played quite a few cameos in their careers too. Anwar Ali single-handedly destroyed SL in a T20, I guess he has done more than Pandya as well.

    First challenge for Fahim will be to prove that he is better than the other fake Pakistani all-rounders, and perhaps then we can proceed to comparing him with the likes of Pandya and Stokes.

  12. #252
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I don't know about that, but he is one of the best six hitters in the world today. He could break Afridi's sixes record if he has a long career.
    Dude afridi was able to take top fast bowlers to cleaners at his peak, Pandya till now struggles against pacers. Not saying he cant improve, just saying on the current face value

  13. #253
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    That's the point. No one is writing Fahim off as a player, the only issue is that comparing him to Pandya and Stokes already is comical.

    The likes of Anwar Ali, Tanvir, Bhatti etc. have played quite a few cameos in their careers too. Anwar Ali single-handedly destroyed SL in a T20, I guess he has done more than Pandya as well.

    First challenge for Fahim will be to prove that he is better than the other fake Pakistani all-rounders, and perhaps then we can proceed to comparing him with the likes of Pandya and Stokes.
    Writing Pandya and Stokes name in one sentence is pretty comical itself to be honest

  14. #254
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    No they haven't. If anything, they have realised that he can not just hit spinners, but he can also build an innings. And if he can come around 40 over mark, he can have a bigger impact rather than just 10-15 balls.
    They realized that Jadhav with his cheeky shots and Dhondi with his pace hittng are more reliable at death so Pandya moved up the order where he can have more impact.. Pandya hasnt hit sixes at will against pace in death overs.. Dhoni has!


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  15. #255
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Both are playing as 5th bowler. How is their bowling irrelevant? What kind of logic is that?
    There are better bowlers than Pandya in India and there are better bowlers than Fahim in Pakistan. It is their batting contribution that is more crucial.

    Fahim won't bring anything new to the team if he doesn't prove to be a game-changer with the bat. That is what is going to keep him in the team.

  16. #256
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,440
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    India might be needing all rounder to build innings but Pakistan needs an all rounder who can hit some shots lower down the order and yes not only to spinners but pacers as well
    I don't think India needs a player like that. But Pandya has more to his skill set than just hitting. He can become a proper batsman.

  17. #257
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Dude afridi was able to take top fast bowlers to cleaners at his peak, Pandya till now struggles against pacers. Not saying he cant improve, just saying on the current face value
    He has the technique of a proper batsman. He is better than both Afridi and Maxwell.

  18. #258
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Writing Pandya and Stokes name in one sentence is pretty comical itself to be honest
    Pandya has every chance of being better than Stokes. One is the best all-rounder in the world today and the other is the most exciting emerging all-rounder. They can be compared.

  19. #259
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There are better bowlers than Pandya in India and there are better bowlers than Fahim in Pakistan. It is their batting contribution that is more crucial.

    Fahim won't bring anything new to the team if he doesn't prove to be a game-changer with the bat. That is what is going to keep him in the team.
    All rounder is played in the team not bcz there isnt better batsman or bowler available in the domestic system but only because that person can contribute in both departments

  20. #260
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Premature thread from both perspectives. Pandya is great against spin but he struggles against pace. The CT knock was impressive but there was Fakhar Azam bowling part time so can't be looked into. However, he does have a Test century and bowls slightly quicker than Faheem. Faheem is a timer of the ball like Gilchrist but nowhere near as good yet. Let's wait until after the next WC to compare the two.
    He played two wonderful knocks against Australia as well.

  21. #261
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pandya has every chance of being better than Stokes. One is the best all-rounder in the world today and the other is the most exciting emerging all-rounder. They can be compared.
    He will have to score a double hundred in the upcoming tour of SA to start with, I am not even talking abiut Five wickets hauls in test cricket

  22. #262
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    4,035
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He played two wonderful knocks against Australia as well.
    He is the most talented striker India has produced since Sehwag.

  23. #263
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    All rounder is played in the team not bcz there isnt better batsman or bowler available in the domestic system but only because that person can contribute in both departments
    You have to consider the needs of the team. The reason why Pandya has become an overnight star for India is because they have been struggling with their lower-order hitting. Dhoni is past his prime, Yuvraj is done and the likes of Jadeja have regressed alarmingly. Furthermore, the selectors have lost faith in the likes of Raina.

    India's batting is very top-heavy and they badly needed a game-changer in the middle/lower-order, and Pandya has provided that x factor which they were yearning for.

    Similarly, bowling isn't an issue for us at the moment. We have plenty of bowling options but we need power-hitters.

  24. #264
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    15,017
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad pretty ordinary bowling


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  25. #265
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He has the technique of a proper batsman. He is better than both Afridi and Maxwell.
    You were talking about six hitting ability not technique. To surpass the sixes of Afridi he will have to show ge is equally good against pacers. Teams are now going to attack him with pacers lets see how he copes

  26. #266
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    885
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pandya has every chance of being better than Stokes. One is the best all-rounder in the world today and the other is the most exciting emerging all-rounder. They can be compared.
    Similarly, Faheem has every chance of being the greatest all rounder ever.

  27. #267
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    He will have to score a double hundred in the upcoming tour of SA to start with, I am not even talking abiut Five wickets hauls in test cricket
    Wasim Akram has a 250 in Test cricket and some very good batsmen don't. Individual feats in isolation don't mean much. Stokes is a devastating batsman and an inconsistent bowler who gets smashed 9/10 times. However, he is very impactful and can change the game in an instant, and that is why he is the best all-rounder today.

    Pandya also has these traits, and both are much better batsmen than bowlers.

  28. #268
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,725
    Mentioned
    1163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The hype machine on PP is amazing.

    Two sixes off full tosses against a C grade Lankan attack and we're comparing players to Ben Stokes or Hardik Pandya. Why stop there - what about Richard Hadlee and Kapil Dev ?

    Yes they were great hits, and yes Fahim looks like a potential powerhitter in the mould of Razzaq (though still WAY too early to compare him to Razzaq) - but can we wait until we see more of him against stronger opposition before making such comparisons ?
    What I have a problem with is people saying they are 'worried about his power game' because he failed to hit a six in the previous match.

    All your points are perfectly valid though. Some people go overboard with the praise, though he does have potential.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  29. #269
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyObnoxious View Post
    Similarly, Faheem has every chance of being the greatest all rounder ever.
    Theoretically anything is possible, but it is a baseless statement at this point because Fahim has achieved nothing so far. That could be down to lack of opportunities, but we should wait till he actually performs substantially before we start comparing him to one of the most exciting young players in the world today.

  30. #270
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,440
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    They realized that Jadhav with his cheeky shots and Dhondi with his pace hittng are more reliable at death so Pandya moved up the order where he can have more impact.. Pandya hasnt hit sixes at will against pace in death overs.. Dhoni has!
    Jadhav is a hack and Dhoni has forgotten how to smack the ball. Jadhav and Dhoni are not better hitters than Pandya. At no point was Pandya being sent ahead of Dhoni and Jadhav because the others are better hitters. He has been sent ahead of them because he can become a genuinely proper batsman who can do build an innings and then hit out.

    Obviously, he needs to improve his pace hitting and he could become a Yuvi lite.

  31. #271
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Wasim Akram has a 250 in Test cricket and some very good batsmen don't. Individual feats in isolation don't mean much. Stokes is a devastating batsman and an inconsistent bowler who gets smashed 9/10 times. However, he is very impactful and can change the game in an instant, and that is why he is the best all-rounder today.

    Pandya also has these traits, and both are much better batsmen than bowlers.
    Stokes is a pretty impactful test bowler and has delivered in different conditions when his team needed the most.

  32. #272
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    27,206
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Theoretically anything is possible, but it is a baseless statement at this point because Fahim has achieved nothing so far. That could be down to lack of opportunities, but we should wait till he actually performs substantially before we start comparing him to one of the most exciting young players in the world today.
    Sure, too early to tell but one thing is clear, he can hit them big and that is what the ODI and T-20 needs and he needs to come in much earlier.

  33. #273
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    You were talking about six hitting ability not technique. To surpass the sixes of Afridi he will have to show ge is equally good against pacers. Teams are now going to attack him with pacers lets see how he copes
    Afridi the batsman is not comparable to Pandya. He is a better bowler but Pandya is well above him in batting. His six hitting ability is at the same level as Afridi (if not higher), but he has other strings to his bow as well.

    Pandya is a complete batsman and he can score runs without slogging every ball, which wasn't the case with Afridi.

  34. #274
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Jadhav is a hack and Dhoni has forgotten how to smack the ball. Jadhav and Dhoni are not better hitters than Pandya. At no point was Pandya being sent ahead of Dhoni and Jadhav because the others are better hitters. He has been sent ahead of them because he can become a genuinely proper batsman who can do build an innings and then hit out.

    Obviously, he needs to improve his pace hitting and he could become a Yuvi lite.
    He is not productive at death hitting pacers as of now.. Its clear if you have watched this series and past series.. He failed in first match hitting a pacer and got out, then Kohli promoted him in the next matches to increase productivity. There is no harm in accepting that he isnt special against hitting pace like Stokes, Buttler etc .. I have praised him enough and from the start on his spin hitting ability but i can point his flaws too.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  35. #275
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,440
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    He is not productive at death hitting pacers as of now.. Its clear if you have watched this series and past series.. He failed in first match hitting a pacer and got out, then Kohli promoted him in the next matches to increase productivity. There is no harm in accepting that he isnt special against hitting pace like Stokes, Buttler etc .. I have praised him enough and from the start on his spin hitting ability but i can point his flaws too.
    And I am pointing out that he needs to improve his pace hitting abilities.

    But he is sent up the order because he has a huge potential to become a proper batsmen and not just a hitter. He has the potential to become a proper bat rather than just a hitter.

  36. #276
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    And I am pointing out that he needs to improve his pace hitting abilities.

    But he is sent up the order because he has a huge potential to become a proper batsmen and not just a hitter. He has the potential to become a proper bat rather than just a hitter.
    Yes he definitely can become a proper bat.. Like Amir Yamin for us.
    It all depends on your role in the team. I like Faheem more as Pakistan badly needed a reliable slog overs hitter and looking forward to see his development.. Pakistan needs someone like Faheem more than Yamin right now.
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 29th October 2017 at 14:19.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  37. #277
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,147
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is a trash bowler for sure. Losing India this game.

  38. #278
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    885
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem Ashraf is a fake allrounder. Is a nothing bowler and a useless bat.

  39. #279
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,910
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyObnoxious View Post
    Faheem Ashraf is a fake allrounder. Is a nothing bowler and a useless bat.
    Nice try in emulating this Mamoon guy lol.

    Insha'Allah this lad goes on to bigger things for Pakistan. Unlike Sohail Tanvir, Anwar Ali, Bilawal Bhatti etc, he looks a complete package. A proper international cricketer.

  40. #280
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    4,872
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only time will tell haven't seen faheem so wouldn't comment on him but Pandya has serious potential and if properly groomed and taken care of can become a mega star..

  41. #281
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    576
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    today faheem win althoug pandya batter guy

  42. #282
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    885
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another wicket. He is a really smart bowler.

  43. #283
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    262
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over rated pandya another mediocre performance and people comparing faheem to pandya as if he won india a world cup

  44. #284
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,460
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why are people acting as if comparing Faheem and Pandya is like comparing him to a legend. Pandya hasn't even done enough to be compared to Stokes, yet some people acting as if he's better than Botham.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  45. #285
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,883
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how good is Faheem but Pandya is quite poor, as I have always said. Can't bowl, can't bat, good fielder tough.

  46. #286
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    885
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fahim Ashraf 4-0-19-2

    10 Dot balls
    1 Four Conceded

    But But this doesn't count, right? As it's against SL?

  47. #287
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    978
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    I don't know how good is Faheem but Pandya is quite poor, as I have always said. Can't bowl, can't bat, good fielder tough.
    Bhaijan, he has a test hundred against Srilankans at their own home and to whom your boys lost 2-0.Sure, he cant bat.But then what would that tell about your batsmen?

  48. #288
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,910
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyObnoxious View Post
    Fahim Ashraf 4-0-19-2

    10 Dot balls
    1 Four Conceded

    But But this doesn't count, right? As it's against SL?
    No. This doesn't count as Fahim is apparently in the team for his batting. Whatever he does as a bowler is apparently irrelevant. All-rounders should be judged on their batting skills. If Pandya was a half-decent bowler (or if he improves somehow), only then would all-rounders have been judged on their bowling.

  49. #289
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,883
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Bhaijan, he has a test hundred against Srilankans at their own home and to whom your boys lost 2-0.Sure, he cant bat.But then what would that tell about your batsmen?
    Ok, he can bat!

    But he isn't special as a batsman. He will not play in India's next test match, will be dropped.

  50. #290
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    978
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Ok, he can bat!

    But he isn't special as a batsman. He will not play in India's next test match, will be dropped.
    He is somebody we have been looking for a long time.He is a proper batsman and bowls at some lively pace.I have doubts on his batting on SA pitches however pretty sure his bowling will come handy in the test series against them.No way, we are dropping him for SA series.

  51. #291
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,460
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    He is somebody we have been looking for a long time.He is a proper batsman and bowls at some lively pace.I have doubts on his batting on SA pitches however pretty sure his bowling will come handy in the test series against them.No way, we are dropping him for SA series.
    Don't think his bowling will be useful until he can get his control right. Bowls too many loose balls.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  52. #292
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    11,176
    Mentioned
    246 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A long way to go and sometimes hype gets the better of everybody but i like what i see. Lots of hard work ahead but the lad has a chance.

  53. #293
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Afridi the batsman is not comparable to Pandya. He is a better bowler but Pandya is well above him in batting. His six hitting ability is at the same level as Afridi (if not higher), but he has other strings to his bow as well.

    Pandya is a complete batsman and he can score runs without slogging every ball, which wasn't the case with Afridi.
    This is where i disagree his six hitting ability against pacers is nowhere near afridi. To prove me wrong you can share some stats or may be some videos. Afridi used to hit top pacers of the world aorund the park at his peak

  54. #294
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,275
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His six hitting ability against spinners is pretty good but do you really think teams are gonna give him spinners anymore, they know he struggles against pacers so career ahead is not easy. Lets see what he does in SA
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 29th October 2017 at 17:57.

  55. #295
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,657
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Afridi the batsman is not comparable to Pandya. He is a better bowler but Pandya is well above him in batting. His six hitting ability is at the same level as Afridi (if not higher), but he has other strings to his bow as well.

    Pandya is a complete batsman and he can score runs without slogging every ball, which wasn't the case with Afridi.
    Pandya might be a better batsman (a bit premature imo), but he comes nowhere near Afridi as a six hitter.

    Lala is the ATG hitter.

  56. #296
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    609
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    His six hitting ability against spinners is pretty good but do you really think teams are gonna give him spinners anymore, they no he struggles against pacers so career ahead is not easy. Lets see what he does in SA
    Does a Batsman's career building solely depend on only Six hitting ability? Pandya started coming in at No. 4 or 5 these days and he can play proper cricketing shots too, He does score singles and runs quick between wickets.. He's a proper batsman and yes! lacks game awareness and goes for shots and loses his wicket cheaply at times. But he's not solely in the team for hitting sixes against Spinners or Pacers.

  57. #297
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,640
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Pandya might be a better batsman (a bit premature imo), but he comes nowhere near Afridi as a six hitter.

    Lala is the ATG hitter.
    Bhai you are forgetting Lala is Pakistani and as per some PP experts no Pakistani can be better than ANY Indian cricketer. Pandya is a better batsman than Babar and better bowler than Hasan. I'd even go so far and say Pandya is already better than Maindad and Akram.

  58. #298
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,883
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    He is somebody we have been looking for a long time.He is a proper batsman and bowls at some lively pace.I have doubts on his batting on SA pitches however pretty sure his bowling will come handy in the test series against them.No way, we are dropping him for SA series.
    No way he is playing a test match in south Africa. His bowling is of no use in any format.

  59. #299
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    5,580
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pandya. He is a star in the making and future Indian captain.

    Can't compare Indian players to Pakistani players these days. They are at a different level.
    @Syed1

    Unfortunately Pandya > Babar at batting and > Hasan at bowing

  60. #300
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,025
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's unfortunate Pakistanis are having a hard time accepting Pandya's ability just because he's Indian.

    People saying Pandya can't clear the ropes against genuine pacers, firstly there aren't many in world cricket that can. De Villiers and Andre Russel are the only two that have the bat speed to actually the muscle that sort of pace. Rest of them rely on timing. And that's where Pandya is erring. He's trying to smash the ball when all he needs to do is use his leverage to time them like he does with ground shots against them. He's a perfectionist like Kohli and has that same killer instinct and drive, expect him to learn sooner than later.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  61. #301
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    12,613
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya smashers spinners effortlessly but it's simply a fact at this stage that he doesn't connect his big shots nowhere near as well compared to pace bowlers.

    Obviously Pandya is ahead as he has played much more but I will say Faheem is ahead as a bowler as he bowls much tighter lines and lengths.

    Still early days for comparison though.

  62. #302
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,910
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fahim Ashraf's role model is Ben Stokes. Lets hope he can replicate Stokes' on-field performances for Pakistan.

  63. #303
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,440
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    Pandya smashers spinners effortlessly but it's simply a fact at this stage that he doesn't connect his big shots nowhere near as well compared to pace bowlers.

    Obviously Pandya is ahead as he has played much more but I will say Faheem is ahead as a bowler as he bowls much tighter lines and lengths.

    Still early days for comparison though.
    The thing with Pandyas bowling is that since last year he has been able to up his pace and has introduces slower balls into his arsenal. But his length is still very ordinary. He really needs to lear to pitch the ball up or bowl Yorkers.

    Haven't seen Faheem bat much, but from what I have seen, he needs to work slightly on his technique.

  64. #304
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    12,613
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    The thing with Pandyas bowling is that since last year he has been able to up his pace and has introduces slower balls into his arsenal. But his length is still very ordinary. He really needs to lear to pitch the ball up or bowl Yorkers.

    Haven't seen Faheem bat much, but from what I have seen, he needs to work slightly on his technique.
    Pace wise Pandya is good but sometimes he bowls far too short or just seems to run in without a plan.

    Faheem is similar pace and even bowling action but bows a fuller length.

    Yeah so Pandya ahead in batting though I reckon Faheem has the upper hand in bowling but still far too early comparison. Maybe in a years time it will be interesting.

  65. #305
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    4,114
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    It's unfortunate Pakistanis are having a hard time accepting Pandya's ability just because he's Indian.

    People saying Pandya can't clear the ropes against genuine pacers, firstly there aren't many in world cricket that can. De Villiers and Andre Russel are the only two that have the bat speed to actually the muscle that sort of pace. Rest of them rely on timing. And that's where Pandya is erring. He's trying to smash the ball when all he needs to do is use his leverage to time them like he does with ground shots against them. He's a perfectionist like Kohli and has that same killer instinct and drive, expect him to learn sooner than later.
    Stokes, Buttler, Russel, AB, C. Brithwaite, Sammy, Dhoni, Corey Anderson are all better than Pandya hitting pacers. There are not many genuine pacers out there but these guys can hit easily compare to Pandya against the available ones.

    Plus the way India is trying to make him a top order bat, he might soon go the Irfan Pathan way.. Usually at no 4 genuine batsmen bat and India is sacrificing someone like Rahul foe him... If he has to become a genuine bat, he might have to sacrifice his bowling.. Just cant see him flourishing in both roles at that position and adding value to the side..
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 29th October 2017 at 17:02.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  66. #306
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    262
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its better to leave them alone neither hardik did anything extraordinary nor faheem got more chances and games in international cricket.

  67. #307
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,025
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Stokes, Buttler, Russel, AB, C. Brithwaite, Sammy, Dhoni, Corey Anderson are all better than Pandya hitting pacers. There are not many genuine pacers out there but these guys can hit easily compare to Pandya against the available ones.

    Plus the way India is trying to make him a top order bat, he might soon go the Irfan Pathan way.. Usually at no 4 genuine batsmen bat and India is sacrificing someone like Rahul foe him... If he has to become a genuine bat, he might have to sacrifice his bowling.. Just cant see him flourishing in both roles at that position and adding value to the side..
    Why are you naming those players? I mentioned AB and Russel to highlight their ability to muscle not time genuine pacers. Braithwaite is another but he's too inconsistent. The rest rely on timing which Pandya has to learn. However, unlike these specialized lower-order strikers, Pandya is capable of playing ground strokes against pacers comfortably. It's when he tries to muscle the ball, he mistimes it because he doesn't have the strength to keep the bat firm at contact. He's a leverage striker and that's what he has to rely on.

    He's technically good enough to bat in the top order in ODIs. In tests, he's a number 6.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  68. #308
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,910
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Why are you naming those players? I mentioned AB and Russel to highlight their ability to muscle not time genuine pacers. Braithwaite is another but he's too inconsistent. The rest rely on timing which Pandya has to learn. However, unlike these specialized lower-order strikers, Pandya is capable of playing ground strokes against pacers comfortably. It's when he tries to muscle the ball, he mistimes it because he doesn't have the strength to keep the bat firm at contact. He's a leverage striker and that's what he has to rely on.

    He's technically good enough to bat in the top order in ODIs. In tests, he's a number 6.
    Babar Azam is also capable of playing ground strokes against pacers comfortably. He has to learn the same thing aswell. Doesn't stop Pakistan fans from bashing him endlessly for his lack of power-hitting prowess.

  69. #309
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,025
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Babar Azam is also capable of playing ground strokes against pacers comfortably. He has to learn the same thing aswell. Doesn't stop Pakistan fans from bashing him endlessly for his lack of power-hitting prowess.
    Not at the strike rate Pandya can. C'mon man, what kind of comparison is this? Babar is a top order technician who has plenty to learn when it comes to range hitting. He has the timing and levers but he's not a developed player yet.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  70. #310
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,910
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Not at the strike rate Pandya can. C'mon man, what kind of comparison is this? Babar is a top order technician who has plenty to learn when it comes to range hitting. He has the timing and levers but he's not a developed player yet.
    Missed the point.

  71. #311
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    12,845
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    No fluke.
    I think you were missing the joke there.


    Anyway, Ashraf has impressed but too early to start comparing.

  72. #312
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Lol Mamoon you are completely lost.
    As if Pandya and Stokes are on the same level first. Stokes is the most valuable cricketer in the world at the moment where as Pandya will most certainly not play the next test match for India.

    It will be like saying a player in the Shehzad Kohli league...
    The overrating of Indian cricketers continue. Stokes is an established world class all-rounder. Pandya has a long way to go before he's mentioned with Stokes.

  73. #313
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Don't you mean two lucky sixes?
    No,two fluke sixes on a bad day for SL

  74. #314
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    6,356
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched Faheem bat or bowl but I do have my reservations against Pandya the all-rounder. He has done reasonably well in he chances he has received but again I am not convinced that he can be India's third seam bowler. I will wait till he completes a round of overseas games before passing any judgement on his ability.

  75. #315
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pandya is a very exciting cricketer who will probably have a great career. However, the conviction with which some posters are praising him makes it look like he's already played 100+ ODIs and 50+ tests with several match winning performances.

  76. #316
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,432
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comparison makes no sense. They are too young.

  77. #317
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    2,391
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Pandya is a very exciting cricketer who will probably have a great career. However, the conviction with which some posters are praising him makes it look like he's already played 100+ ODIs and 50+ tests with several match winning performances.
    Nobody has made that kind of comparison. They may have compared to Kapil, just keeping Indian scarcity of seam-bowling alrounder in mind! Also in this thread he is being compared to a fellow similar Pakistani player, so what's the issue! Actually we have seen comparisons like Kohli vs. Umar on PP. But Kohli went on to become superior player (still not acceptable by many PPers which is understandable!)

  78. #318
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    24,955
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    No,two fluke sixes on a bad day for SL
    8 bad days on trot, poor lankans.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  79. #319
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    180
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better to compare now who can handle pressure well in batting & bowling
    I think its Pandya during CT final you can look determination in his eyes when he was bowling & batting for youngster playing important match against arch rival the way he handled pressure was amazing
    Due to good bowling by Pak bowlers
    its Batting is not tested in ODI / T20
    Faheem played good knock in CT warmup and game against SL looking more of him in future

  80. #320
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,623
    Mentioned
    4727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    This is where i disagree his six hitting ability against pacers is nowhere near afridi. To prove me wrong you can share some stats or may be some videos. Afridi used to hit top pacers of the world aorund the park at his peak
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Pandya might be a better batsman (a bit premature imo), but he comes nowhere near Afridi as a six hitter.

    Lala is the ATG hitter.
    Afridi is not an ATG hitter. He used to mistime a lot hits.

    He had power but his timing wasn't great. Pandya not only has a lot of power, but he is a good timer of the ball as well because unlike Afridi, he is a proper batsmen who can construct a conventional innings.

    Pandya is fantastic against spin but his weakness against hitting the pacers is overstated. He can score freely against them without muscling the ball, and he will eventually find a way to work it out because he is a hard worker and Indians know how to develop batsmen.

    Speaking of stats, I won't be surprised if Pandya ends up hitting more sixes than Afridi. When he is in the zone, he ends up hitting 5-6 in a space of 3-4 overs, and doesn't mis-time or mis-hit anyone of them.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •