Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    The overrating of Indian cricketers continue. Stokes is an established world class all-rounder. Pandya has a long way to go before he's mentioned with Stokes.
    He has a long way to go but he has the potential. It is a matter of replicating what he has done in the last few months for a few years.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He has a long way to go but he has the potential. It is a matter of replicating what he has done in the last few months for a few years.
    Pandya isn't a poor hitter vs pace. I remember in IPL he was playing one match and hit Dinda for 30 runs in the last over. Also hit Boult for six once too. I think he is one of the best hitter in the world atm.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 30th October 2017 at 14:47.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I think you were missing the joke there.

Anyway, Ashraf has impressed but too early to start comparing.
    I got the joke, Yes you are riht fahim is impressive, he has improved a lot over the past year or so which is great to see.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 30th October 2017 at 14:47.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same can be said about faheem...

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Good to see people realizing that Pandya is a useless bowler and captain cannot rely on him. As I said earlier also he isn't even at Sanjay Bangar's level in terms of bowling let alone Pathan/Stokes.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Babar Azam has the potential to be better than a lot of ATGs but you will be the first one ridiculing any such comparison.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Good to see people realizing that Pandya is a useless bowler and captain cannot rely on him. As I said earlier also he isn't even at Sanjay Bangar's level in terms of bowling let alone Pathan/Stokes.
    I think Pandaya has talent and little bit pace but his bowling intelligence is on par with our Mohammed Sami and Rahat Ali.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about that, but he is one of the best six hitters in the world today. He could break Afridi's sixes record if he has a long career.
    Rohit is fast closing in on that record IIRC.I think he would break that record around his 300th game.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Afridi is not an ATG hitter. He used to mistime a lot hits.

He had power but his timing wasn't great. Pandya not only has a lot of power, but he is a good timer of the ball as well because unlike Afridi, he is a proper batsmen who can construct a conventional innings.

Pandya is fantastic against spin but his weakness against hitting the pacers is overstated. He can score freely against them without muscling the ball, and he will eventually find a way to work it out because he is a hard worker and Indians know how to develop batsmen.

Speaking of stats, I won't be surprised if Pandya ends up hitting more sixes than Afridi. When he is in the zone, he ends up hitting 5-6 in a space of 3-4 overs, and doesn't mis-time or mis-hit anyone of them.
    That's why pandya averages 30 in Indian first class cricket where ravindra jadeja hits triple centuries.

Pandyas weakness against pace is certainly not ovrestated, he is a very very big hitter against spin, probably the best going around at the moment, against pace is he average to day the least

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya will probably become a genuine number 5 batsman in the long run, kholi and India are putting a lot of trust in to his batting abilities, as a bowler he will regressing from IPL thrashing's and all the beating he would take on the Indian pitches.

Faheem Ashrafs hitting is almost like the early 00s hitting of Razzaq, his bowling has already improved, he's improved his pace and movement into the right handers.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleedgreen4ever View Post
    Same can be said about faheem...
    Not before he produced anything of note. Maybe it is a case of him not getting enough chances, but we should wait and see what he does with those opportunities before starting the comparisons.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    That's why pandya averages 30 in Indian first class cricket where ravindra jadeja hits triple centuries.

Pandyas weakness against pace is certainly not ovrestated, he is a very very big hitter against spin, probably the best going around at the moment, against pace is he average to day the least
    Jadeja's three triple tons in F/C cricket is an extremely outlier. He is not a quality batsman and some of India's greatest players don't have triple hundreds in F/C.

There could be many reasons for Pandya's lowly average in F/C, but I don't think poor hitting against pace has a direct correlation with a low F/C average. I think it probably down to lack of temperament, which is understandable for a hard hitting 24 year old all-rounder. India seems to be addressing that problem by giving him a few games at number 4 and bringing him into the Test side early.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Babar Azam has the potential to be better than a lot of ATGs but you will be the first one ridiculing any such comparison.
    I have stated many times that Babar can be a great player, but I don't agree with the comparisons with players of Kohli's caliber. The chances of Babar being better than Kohli are extremely low unless he does something extraordinary. If you are comparing him to those players that it is likely to end in disappointment.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like everywhere we will get to here this Babar- kohli nonsense in odis now given that Babar has managed some hundreds vs WI and Lankans.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jadeja's three triple tons in F/C cricket is an extremely outlier. He is not a quality batsman and some of India's greatest players don't have triple hundreds in F/C.

There could be many reasons for Pandya's lowly average in F/C, but I don't think poor hitting against pace has a direct correlation with a low F/C average. I think it probably down to lack of temperament, which is understandable for a hard hitting 24 year old all-rounder. India seems to be addressing that problem by giving him a few games at number 4 and bringing him into the Test side early.
    U said he is a proper Batsman who know's how to construct a innings, that's what I was replying to.

At the moment faheem ashraf has more hundreds In FC, pandya doesn't have the temperament of a proper batsman yet.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very poor performance by Pandya today. Good he didn't waste any balls tho.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i said before he is nothing special even after playing 1-2 years of international cricket and people are already bashing faheem who just played 5 to 6 matches until now.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Got a peach of a delivery

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Got a peach of a delivery
    Should've done more on a flat wicket to be fair but maybe.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
    As i said before he is nothing special even after playing 1-2 years of international cricket and people are already bashing faheem who just played 5 to 6 matches until now.
    He's special, it's just unfortunate you can't see that.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    He's special, it's just unfortunate you can't see that.
    Yeah i guess in 2 years im still waiting for him to do some extra ordinary stuff so that it will convince me why he is a pp darling now a days with below average performances

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    He was sent as a pinch hitter. He got an unplayable delivery from Sodhi his 2nd ball. Did well to nick it.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah i guess in 2 years im still waiting for him to do some extra ordinary stuff so that it will convince me why he is a pp darling now a days with below average performances
    He made his OD debut just over a year ago and he's already taken the world by storm. Sure, he isn't a finished product and has a lot of work to do in regards to trying to muscle the ball against pace instead of timing the ball. But the raw ingredients are present.

He isn't good enough to hold down the third seamer spot which India are trying to turn him, but a competent 4/5 bowling option.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    U said he is a proper Batsman who know's how to construct a innings, that's what I was replying to.

At the moment faheem ashraf has more hundreds In FC, pandya doesn't have the temperament of a proper batsman yet.
    I didn't say that. What I said was that he has the technique of a top-order batsman and his temperament will come along eventually. Indians know how to develop their batsmen better than anyone, and they will not let his immense potential go astray.

He has already shown glimpses e.g. the 70 odd that he scored against Australia from #4 help chase down 290.

Irrespective of Faheem's F/C record, he has done absolutely nothing so far to merit a comparison with Pandya, and it will take something extraordinary for him to replicate the innings Pandya have played in the last few months.

76 (40) vs Pakistan, run-a-ball Test hundred vs SL, 80 (60) vs Australia coming in at 80/5, and a run-a-ball 70 in the very next game to chase down 290.

Those are some staggering performances for a young player, and it is a joke to compare Faheem to him before the latter has achieved anything in international cricket.

If Pandya wasn't Indian and Fahim wasn't Pakistani, people would be laughing at this comparison. It is comical at this point.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I didn't say that. What I said was that he has the technique of a top-order batsman and his temperament will come along eventually. Indians know how to develop their batsmen better than anyone, and they will not let his immense potential go astray.

He has already shown glimpses e.g. the 70 odd that he scored against Australia from #4 help chase down 290.

Irrespective of Faheem's F/C record, he has done absolutely nothing so far to merit a comparison with Pandya, and it will take something extraordinary for him to replicate the innings Pandya have played in the last few months.

76 (40) vs Pakistan, run-a-ball Test hundred vs SL, 80 (60) vs Australia coming in at 80/5, and a run-a-ball 70 in the very next game to chase down 290.

Those are some staggering performances for a young player, and it is a joke to compare Faheem to him before the latter has achieved anything in international cricket.

If Pandya wasn't Indian and Fahim wasn't Pakistani, people would be laughing at this comparison. It is comical at this point.
    From you're post 317.."he is a proper batsmen who can construct a conventional innings"

It's too early to compare Pandya to Stokes, he is a spray gun and most likely to go down the Irfan Pathan Route.

Pandya's 70 against Pakistan is comparable to Amirs fifties v Newzealnd and England.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He made his OD debut just over a year ago and he's already taken the world by storm.
    He has taken the 'world by storm' because he is an Indian and kind of like Shehzad in show off .
    Gunaratne is a better finisher and match winner than him but you will hardly hear people singing his praises.
    English and Indian cricketers are by far the most overrated players nowadays.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya fans will mind it but for a cricketer who is backed so much and even promoted at top of the order quite often, apart from 1-2 innings he hardly has any match winning performance with bat or ball. He has potential especially against spin but he is certainly being overhyped. Right now he is at Corey Anderson level but i don't see Corey being hyped to the moon. Bechara Indian ya English nahi hai na.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3 Gunaratne innings on top of my mind in 3 formats which are better than all of Pandya's innings till now.

84* off 40 something balls against Australia to win the match and t20 series. Scored 36 in last 2 overs.
    34* off 21 in a must win match against India in CT chasing 321 after Parerra got injured (usually a recent mentally weak SL side colapse under these situations).
    80* at no 7 against Zimbawe in 4th innings and chased a record 391 to save SL from humiliation.

These are just few innings on top of my mind, if I dig more certainly will find more performances. Overall stats better than Pandya too. But but but he is not Indian or English so how can i praise him
    Last edited by SarfiBabarHaris; 1st November 2017 at 21:38.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya is a good talent, but the way people are going on about him as if he is the second coming of sobers or something.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    He has taken the 'world by storm' because he is an Indian and kind of like Shehzad in show off .
    Gunaratne is a better finisher and match winner than him but you will hardly hear people singing his praises.
    English and Indian cricketers are by far the most overrated players nowadays.
    Lol got to agree with the show off.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Pandya is a good lower order hitter against spinners and a decent player against pace. He needs to go a long way in terms of his bowling to be a genuine third pace bowling option for India. I am not convinced with his bowling. He bowls a lot of short balls and he will get hammered if he does it in SA or Australia with his pace.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    At the moment, Pandya looks a better batsman, Faheem could become a better bowler (maybe he already is, but haven't seen enough of him yet)

Who would you rather have in your side? Sadly, I think the truth is, India would rather have Faheem because they have batsman, and Pak would rather have Pandya since they need a batting all rounder in test cricket!

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He made his OD debut just over a year ago and he's already taken the world by storm. Sure, he isn't a finished product and has a lot of work to do in regards to trying to muscle the ball against pace instead of timing the ball. But the raw ingredients are present.

He isn't good enough to hold down the third seamer spot which India are trying to turn him, but a competent 4/5 bowling option.
    Ok but before his odi debut he played t20 series for india. And what about the tons of t20 he played in ipl over past 3 years and tons of A tours india do. All i want to say pakistan players are not as lucky as pandya is because of how many exposure they get even before they make into indian team so i will stick to my views that he is over rated cricketer until now and all over tha world people know him because of few sixes he hit in 1 or 3 innings and because of his swag or trying to turn into a west indies type player

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya fans will mind it but for a cricketer who is backed so much and even promoted at top of the order quite often, apart from 1-2 innings he hardly has any match winning performance with bat or ball. He has potential especially against spin but he is certainly being overhyped. Right now he is at Corey Anderson level but i don't see Corey being hyped to the moon. Bechara Indian ya English nahi hai na.
    Exactly too much hype because he is an indian thats all i hope and wish him that he prove me wrong but that does not mean to bumb the post after 1 or 2 innings it means to perform against big boys after floping against NZ big time he will perform better against poor lankans but his real test will be against South africa specially test matches

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 Gunaratne innings on top of my mind in 3 formats which are better than all of Pandya's innings till now.

84* off 40 something balls against Australia to win the match and t20 series. Scored 36 in last 2 overs.
    34* off 21 in a must win match against India in CT chasing 321 after Parerra got injured (usually a recent mentally weak SL side colapse under these situations).
    80* at no 7 against Zimbawe in 4th innings and chased a record 391 to save SL from humiliation.

These are just few innings on top of my mind, if I dig more certainly will find more performances. Overall stats better than Pandya too. But but but he is not Indian or English so how can i praise him
    Very very under rated player i am pretty much sure if he and mathews were fit against us they could have won few matches

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Gunaratne is a seriously good player, has all the shots and seems like he knows exactly what he's doing at the crease. His bowling is a bonus. As of now I agree with you he is better than Pandya and Fahim but he hardly ever gets mentioned.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pandya's bowling is pretty bad, his batting abilities are pretty good. But I think a year later Faheem will clearly be the better player.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We havent watched enough of Faheem. So, wait for an year or so.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Green View Post
    We havent watched enough of Faheem. So, wait for an year or so.
    But the little we have watched is good. Where as Pandya, the more he is playing the more useless he is proving to be.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    But the little we have watched is good. Where as Pandya, the more he is playing the more useless he is proving to be.
    Exactly and we are not hyping him like pandya and actually he didnt played much international cricket and didnt have the opportunities that pandya had while batting at 4 or 5

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    From you're post 317.."he is a proper batsmen who can construct a conventional innings"

It's too early to compare Pandya to Stokes, he is a spray gun and most likely to go down the Irfan Pathan Route.

Pandya's 70 against Pakistan is comparable to Amirs fifties v Newzealnd and England.
    He can doesn't mean that he will all the time. He is still work in progress but has serious potential. Stokes is a massive spray gun himself who gets smashed 8/10 times. Stokes is better as of now, but Pandya has the potential to match him based on his performances in the last few months.

There is no chance of him going down the Irfan Pathan route. India is not Pakistan, they are not clueless when it comes to developing batsmen. Pathan was a specialist bowler whose bowling deteriorated when he focused too much on his batting. On the contrary, Pandya is a primarily a batsman who only picked up bowling a couple of years ago.

Yes Amir has played some good knocks, but does that mean we should undervalue the innings of Pandya? Gillespie was a tail-ender but he scored a 200 in Tests, Wasim Akram's 257 and Broad's 161 vs Zimbabwe and Pakistan respectively are among the best knocks ever by bowlers, and better than a lot of the innings by specialist batsmen.

Unfortunately people's main problem with Pandya is his nationality, which is bugging a lot of people. If a young non-Indian all-rounder who performed like he has in the last few months, people would be singing songs in his name.

He has serious potential as a batsman.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Gunaratne is a very good player but he is 32 years old; he is not a youngster like Pandya. Age matters a lot, because it shows that the player can grow into something special in the future. Obviously, it doesn't mean that it will happen, but that is what drives the hype.

The most hyped Sri Lankan player in the last year or so has been Kusal Mendis, and he wouldn't have been hyped if he was not a young player.

Similarly, Pandya would not be hyped if he wasn't a young player. It has nothing to do with nationality. For example, Jadhav was very good in his first few series for India but he never got worldwide acclaim because everyone knew he is a temporary option.

In Pandya, people see a player with immense potential who can be a game-changer for India for years to come. Maybe one day captain the side after Kohli, because he has the complete package.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The challenge I feel for Fahim is to be a good enough third seamer, especially in Asian conditions, as this will allow us to axe Imad and selector another spinner ( raza Hasan perhaps)

I dont think Fahim has the ability to bat at 6 consistently , shadab may in the future but rather not burden him with that just yet.

The one thing that heartens me about Fahim is that he has pace, i actually think his average speed was better then Hasan. Now that counts for little if not used smartly, but there are promising signs. Just needs to hit better lengths and work on his wrist position.

The ultimate would be if he can bat at 7 in tests. However I feel recent expereinces will scare the managment from playing an allrounder.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gunaratne is a very good player but he is 32 years old; he is not a youngster like Pandya. Age matters a lot, because it shows that the player can grow into something special in the future. Obviously, it doesn't mean that it will happen, but that is what drives the hype.

The most hyped Sri Lankan player in the last year or so has been Kusal Mendis, and he wouldn't have been hyped if he was not a young player.

Similarly, Pandya would not be hyped if he wasn't a young player. It has nothing to do with nationality. For example, Jadhav was very good in his first few series for India but he never got worldwide acclaim because everyone knew he is a temporary option.

In Pandya, people see a player with immense potential who can be a game-changer for India for years to come. Maybe one day captain the side after Kohli, because he has the complete package.
    I like Pandya a lot, but to say he has the complete package after he's played 29 ODI games is naive to say the least. Yes he's got potential, but you are hyping him the same way some posters here hype Haris Sohail. For starters, Pandya's bowling is non existent right now. He regularly goes at 8 RPO in T20s and he gets flustered when batting teams target him. His biggest strength is his batting. Right now he's batting like a man possessed. But who's to say this is not his purple patch. His great tests will arrive when he goes into a batting slump and with no bowling to fall back upon, he could easily be replaced in the team. So to say he has the complete package at this point in time is incorrect especially with his useless bowling. Abdul Razzaq was 1000 times better than Pandya at the same point in time. And please don't say Indians tends to grow better as cricketers because not all of them do and you don't know if Pandya becomes the next Irfan Pathan. In fact you can compare him to Agarkar. What Pandya is doing now in his batting, Agarkar used to do with his bowling. Yet he fell away when his bowling started becoming useless as his batting wasn't good enough. Similarly when Pandya starts losing his batting, he will become a liability to the team.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mamoon! Pandya is certainly a work in progress at the moment and yes! as you said, he has all the potential and finesse to turn into a world class all arounder in the near future if he's consistent. He's an incredible fielder too. Yesterday's Guptill's catch is a testament for his fielding abilities and he's had better catches in last year IPL infact. I'm glad that Indian management invested in him and it's started showing progress already. Yes! He does have off-days but it doesn't mean that he hasn't proved anything at all. No matter what others say, his performance in CT final is heroic and it needs a special skill for a youngster to performance in such a high profile game soaking in all the pressure and he's gutsy!

But there's one thing I wouldn't agree is him captaining the side! No he ain't a captain material! He's not a thinking cricketer! He can become a better allrounder but can never see him and want him as a Captain. India is blessed to have the services of Dhoni simply cause his on field tactics are what made him a smart captain and I do feel Kohli's captaincy in ODIs is not 100 percent tested yet just of Dhoni's presence and incredible game awareness and consistant support to Kohli. May it be setting the fields, guiding the bowlers or making smart moves when the going gets tough! Kohli runs out of ideas when the opposition is on top and that's when Dhoni's presence is invaluable to the team. To cut it short, when I have no such confidence in Kohli the ODI Captain at the moment, there's no way I could imagine Pandya as our Captain ever! He's gutsy, aggressive but not smart! If you closely observe his bowling in an over you would understand it. He's equipped with either short ball or a cutter and he doesn't think beyond these. He might get better with his bowling, but captaining a side is an all different ball game together for which Pandya is a misfit! Btw! I follow your posts here regularly and appreciate your cricketing knowledge and constrictive criticism. Cheers!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan12 View Post
    Pandya is a good talent, but the way people are going on about him as if he is the second coming of sobers or something.
    Or he has already scored a double ton outside Asia and a proven match winner. Even Indian fans won't hype him that much.

A very good cricketer but he has a long way to go to be mentioned alongside Stokes.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya is all potential right now. Someone who can bowl over 140k's and can hit a century in Test cricket is rare. Pandya also has shown what he can do in ODI's and T20's. A destructive batsman. He is a rare species in India. So Indian fans get excited seeing him play.

Overall, he is decent batsman and a decent bowler who has the potential to win matches either with bat or ball.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He can doesn't mean that he will all the time. He is still work in progress but has serious potential. Stokes is a massive spray gun himself who gets smashed 8/10 times. Stokes is better as of now, but Pandya has the potential to match him based on his performances in the last few months.

There is no chance of him going down the Irfan Pathan route. India is not Pakistan, they are not clueless when it comes to developing batsmen. Pathan was a specialist bowler whose bowling deteriorated when he focused too much on his batting. On the contrary, Pandya is a primarily a batsman who only picked up bowling a couple of years ago.

Yes Amir has played some good knocks, but does that mean we should undervalue the innings of Pandya? Gillespie was a tail-ender but he scored a 200 in Tests, Wasim Akram's 257 and Broad's 161 vs Zimbabwe and Pakistan respectively are among the best knocks ever by bowlers, and better than a lot of the innings by specialist batsmen.

Unfortunately people's main problem with Pandya is his nationality, which is bugging a lot of people. If a young non-Indian all-rounder who performed like he has in the last few months, people would be singing songs in his name.

He has serious potential as a batsman.
    I don't understand what u mean by he "can doesn't mean he will all the time".

I don't see why you denied calling Pandya a proper batsman.

Stokes might be a spray gun, he still has 4 5frs for England 2 v Australia and 1 India, I can't see Pandya matching that or stokes double century in South Africa.

The thing with the innings u have mentioned, they all lead to wins for their respect teams unlike Pandyas against Pakistan, the match was already over and Pandya just took India over 100 run mark, Amirs Innings was better against NZ where he hit 2 world class bowlers.

Pandyas nationality is not a issue here, the issue is comparing someone with barely 100 test runs to someone with over 2500 runs and a test best of 6-22.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jadhav was hailed as the next best finisher in world by quite a few after his innings against England when he chased 330+ from 66/4. But after that he just didn't kick on and thats why doesn't get the hype now. You are right about age thing but you have to agree that Indian/English cricketers due to media backing etc are hyped more than others and sometimes we fall into the hype.

Pandya is international class but nowhere near Stokes even in potential. Pandya just hasn't have the game right now against pace plus the way he is batting at 4 or 5 in every match now i wont be surprised if his bowling goes down.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Pandya is all potential right now. Someone who can bowl over 140k's and can hit a century in Test cricket is rare. Pandya also has shown what he can do in ODI's and T20's. A destructive batsman. He is a rare species in India. So Indian fans get excited seeing him play.

Overall, he is decent batsman and a decent bowler who has the potential to win matches either with bat or ball.
    Its good to be excited about a good young talent but the way some fans hype a player is just too much. Im not even going to hype faheem even if he took a hattrick because i know it was against a struggling team and to mamoon bhai whats the use of 140 + if he dont have control of his bowling most of the time. At the moment he is just an average player but have all the things that can make him a very good player but same can be said about faheem also but unfortunately he not as lucky as pandya in that aspect.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadhav was hailed as the next best finisher in world by quite a few after his innings against England when he chased 330+ from 66/4. But after that he just didn't kick on and thats why doesn't get the hype now. You are right about age thing but you have to agree that Indian/English cricketers due to media backing etc are hyped more than others and sometimes we fall into the hype.

Pandya is international class but nowhere near Stokes even in potential. Pandya just hasn't have the game right now against pace plus the way he is batting at 4 or 5 in every match now i wont be surprised if his bowling goes down.
    Stokes struggled in his first year but even in that he played some very good innings specially in ashes but after that he turned it on and made an impact not only with the bat but also with the ball.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very very under rated player i am pretty much sure if he and mathews were fit against us they could have won few matches
    Yes he is certainly in top 3 if we talk about the most underrated players these days.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Mamoon! Pandya is certainly a work in progress at the moment and yes! as you said, he has all the potential and finesse to turn into a world class all arounder in the near future if he's consistent. He's an incredible fielder too. Yesterday's Guptill's catch is a testament for his fielding abilities and he's had better catches in last year IPL infact. I'm glad that Indian management invested in him and it's started showing progress already. Yes! He does have off-days but it doesn't mean that he hasn't proved anything at all. No matter what others say, his performance in CT final is heroic and it needs a special skill for a youngster to performance in such a high profile game soaking in all the pressure and he's gutsy!

But there's one thing I wouldn't agree is him captaining the side! No he ain't a captain material! He's not a thinking cricketer! He can become a better allrounder but can never see him and want him as a Captain. India is blessed to have the services of Dhoni simply cause his on field tactics are what made him a smart captain and I do feel Kohli's captaincy in ODIs is not 100 percent tested yet just of Dhoni's presence and incredible game awareness and consistant support to Kohli. May it be setting the fields, guiding the bowlers or making smart moves when the going gets tough! Kohli runs out of ideas when the opposition is on top and that's when Dhoni's presence is invaluable to the team. To cut it short, when I have no such confidence in Kohli the ODI Captain at the moment, there's no way I could imagine Pandya as our Captain ever! He's gutsy, aggressive but not smart! If you closely observe his bowling in an over you would understand it. He's equipped with either short ball or a cutter and he doesn't think beyond these. He might get better with his bowling, but captaining a side is an all different ball game together for which Pandya is a misfit! Btw! I follow your posts here regularly and appreciate your cricketing knowledge and constrictive criticism. Cheers!
    Pandya is 24 years old and he has still time to improve his cricket skills and thus prove he is captaincy material.And just because he doesnt ball anything other than cutters and shortballs, doesnt mean that he is not smart enough.There is something called ability as well.Ganguly was shrewd as anybody out there but he was a bunny against shortball all his career and that is more to do with his natural ability rather than him not knowing how to play that.We have plenty of other examples too.Diego Mardona could do anything with a football on the field but nobody would call him smart by any means.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Stokes might be a spray gun, he still has 4 5frs for England 2 v Australia and 1 India, I can't see Pandya matching that or stokes double century in South Africa.

The thing with the innings u have mentioned, they all lead to wins for their respect teams unlike Pandyas against Pakistan, the match was already over and Pandya just took India over 100 run mark, Amirs Innings was better against NZ where he hit 2 world class bowlers.

Pandyas nationality is not a issue here, the issue is comparing someone with barely 100 test runs to someone with over 2500 runs and a test best of 6-22.
    Please don't bring facts into the discussion !! Thanks

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Pandya is 24 years old and he has still time to improve his cricket skills and thus prove he is captaincy material.And just because he doesnt ball anything other than cutters and shortballs, doesnt mean that he is not smart enough.There is something called ability as well.Ganguly was shrewd as anybody out there but he was a bunny against shortball all his career and that is more to do with his natural ability rather than him not knowing how to play that.We have plenty of other examples too.Diego Mardona could do anything with a football on the field but nobody would call him smart by any means.
    Its almost been 1.5 years since his debut but before that he played high profile A tours against south africa australia and many countries plus IPL at the moment he is an ok player but how good he is we will definetly know it in away tours starting after sri lanka series

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In terms of batting potential, I personally feel that Pandya's is better. Your making it out as if he is unable to even play out seamers, he's more than capable of doing that. You can criticise his hitting against pace, but that's largely down to the fact that he's trying to muscle the ball rather than rely on timing- which mind you, he's one of the best timers of the ball in the world.

Stokes is similar in technique to Guptill. Both draw their bat in from cover making them vulnerable against the moving ball and spin. There's a reason why both have failed against high quality bowling.

It was clear to see that Jadhav is a hack (another blow to the stats brigade ), I don't remember many saying he was one of the best modern day hitters- obviously anyone that did doesn't no what they're talking about.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In all seriousness i will wait for them to play a substantial amount of games (esp Faheem) but as of now, Pandya does look like the superior bat.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is in his second year. Whereas, Faheem has played just 2 Odis.

Both can't be compared. From what I can see, Pandya is a better batsman, and Faheem a better, bowler.

Going deep into the batting, Pandya is great against Spin, and decent against Pace.

Whereas, for Faheem we don't have the performances to conclude anything.

All in all, both are good for their teams, as India are looking for a batting AR(as batting is our strength), and Pakistan are looking for a bowling AR(as bowling is their strength).

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fahim needs more games before we can see how good he cam be.

I agree with @Mamoon,it's Hardik Pandaya nationality which is annoying people and giving them sleepless nights. Had he been from another country he would be more hyped on this forum.

My opinion on him is he has a lot of potential as a batsmen, he can play proper shots but needs to learn how to build am immimgs. Once he does that, he will be a monster with the bat. His bowling needs a lot of work. But he's certainly improved compared to when he started playing international cricket. He has the potential to be the best all rounder in the world.

It's funny how people are saying don't compare Hardik to Stokes to @Mamoon. He was the one who was telling you Stokes could be the best all rounder in the world. Now all of you are calling him the best all rounder in the world.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post

I agree with @Mamoon,it's Hardik Pandaya nationality which is annoying people and giving them sleepless nights. Had he been from another country he would be more hyped on this forum.

My opinion on him is he has a lot of potential as a batsmen, he can play proper shots but needs to learn how to build am immimgs. Once he does that, he will be a monster with the bat. His bowling needs a lot of work. But he's certainly improved compared to when he started playing international cricket. He has the potential to be the best all rounder in the world.

It's funny how people are saying don't compare Hardik to Stokes to @Mamoon. He was the one who was telling you Stokes could be the best all rounder in the world. Now all of you are calling him the best all rounder in the world.
    Yes, but Pandya is nowhere near Stokes. If potential was the only criteria then it would not be called fab 4, but fab 5 with Umar Akmal. We can only discuss on achievements.

Currently

Stokes >>>> Pandya >> Fahim

Pandya does have the potential to become a proper bat. So can be sort of a batting AR. If he becomes a proper no.6/7 batsman and can bowl at an average 60% of his full quota overs, he can become as good as Stokes. But he is nowhere near.

Fahim, I am not sure as he hasnt played much. But from his hat trick, he has the potential to become a bowling AR that would bowl 90% of his full quota of overs. But other than the Hat trick, is too new to be made equal to Pandya.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Yes, but Pandya is nowhere near Stokes. If potential was the only criteria then it would not be called fab 4, but fab 5 with Umar Akmal. We can only discuss on achievements.

Currently

Stokes >>>> Pandya >> Fahim

Pandya does have the potential to become a proper bat. So can be sort of a batting AR. If he becomes a proper no.6/7 batsman and can bowl at an average 60% of his full quota overs, he can become as good as Stokes. But he is nowhere near.

Fahim, I am not sure as he hasnt played much. But from his hat trick, he has the potential to become a bowling AR that would bowl 90% of his full quota of overs. But other than the Hat trick, is too new to be made equal to Pandya.

I said Hardik has the potential, never said he was better than Stokes.

Agree with the rest other than your last part. We need Faheems batting more than his bowling as we lack a power hitter.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said Hardik has the potential, never said he was better than Stokes.

Agree with the rest other than your last part. We need Faheems batting more than his bowling as we lack a power hitter.
    Fair point. What batting expectation does the Pakistani setup have with Fahim?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's been used so far at 7 or 8. He hasn't had much of a chance. Bowling wise he's started to bowl more.

Think think tank thinks of him as a bowling all rounder. His batting is more of use as we lack a power hitter.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately we dont have the kind of confidence india have in their batting lineup so dont think he will get enough chances in top 5 like pandya had when he started his international career. Hack we didnt give shadab enough opportunities until now.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In terms of batting potential, I personally feel that Pandya's is better. Your making it out as if he is unable to even play out seamers, he's more than capable of doing that. You can criticise his hitting against pace, but that's largely down to the fact that he's trying to muscle the ball rather than rely on timing- which mind you, he's one of the best timers of the ball in the world.

Stokes is similar in technique to Guptill. Both draw their bat in from cover making them vulnerable against the moving ball and spin. There's a reason why both have failed against high quality bowling.

It was clear to see that Jadhav is a hack (another blow to the stats brigade ), I don't remember many saying he was one of the best modern day hitters- obviously anyone that did doesn't no what they're talking about.
    And you are making as he is the second coming of Sobers by making claims as 'he has taken world by storm'. Care to list some performances where he has taken world by storm? And please not again that innings against Pakistan, I have said multiple times that he is one of the best player going around these days who can smash spinners. Other than that there is nothing much to write about.

He is good; yes, international class; yes but atlest right now nowhere near in potential to Razzaq or Stokes.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the inferiority complex of some Pakistani fans. They will come and bash our own players at every opportunity but will hype Indian and non Pakistani players to the moon. I know it hurts that Pakistan won the CT despite having 'phateechar' players but please start appreciating your own too.

Before CT i clearly remember; "Fakhar is mediocre, Faheem is mediocre, Rumman is mediocre" and Pandya is world class? Fact is Pakistani mediocre players helped us to win the CT which will be remembered for a long time while Pandya who is world class hasn't done anything substantial for his team till now. It was understandable to criticize the poor team under Misbah, Afridi and Waqar but dont understand the hate against this young Pak side. Aakhir chahtay kia ho bhayyun?

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And you are making as he is the second coming of Sobers by making claims as 'he has taken world by storm'. Care to list some performances where he has taken world by storm? And please not again that innings against Pakistan, I have said multiple times that he is one of the best player going around these days who can smash spinners. Other than that there is nothing much to write about.

He is good; yes, international class; yes but atlest right now nowhere near in potential to Razzaq or Stokes.
    Potential is potential it doesn't vary during time. He has a higher ceiling than Stokes in terms of batting- he just needs some work on trying to over hit against pace and I'm sure he'll rectify it seeing that he has that drive to succeed.

Pandya won his team a OD against Aus when they're were in a dire situation, a century on test debut and some consistent hitting down the order when required. There's a reason why he's a world renowned name after just more than a year after making his OD debut. That's is what I mean when I say he's taken the world by storm, he's won international acclaim in a matter of a year.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Potential is potential it doesn't vary during time. He has a higher ceiling than Stokes in terms of batting- he just needs some work on trying to over hit against pace and I'm sure he'll rectify it seeing that he has that drive to succeed.

Pandya won his team a OD against Aus when they're were in a dire situation, a century on test debut and some consistent hitting down the order when required. There's a reason why he's a world renowned name after just more than a year after making his OD debut. That's is what I mean when I say he's taken the world by storm, he's won international acclaim in a matter of a year.
    World renowned named only because he is an Indian. Corey Anderson has a 35 ball century but not hyped like Pandya. Gunaratne has done much better than Pandya overall but not hyped. Lastly the debut century against SL trundlers was nothing special. The Aus inings was good and I will give him that (wont argue that it was against 2nd/3rd string Aussie attack). Only excellent performance in his career so far.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    312 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    World renowned named only because he is an Indian. Corey Anderson has a 35 ball century but not hyped like Pandya. Gunaratne has done much better than Pandya overall but not hyped. Lastly the debut century against SL trundlers was nothing special. The Aus inings was good and I will give him that (wont argue that it was against 2nd/3rd string Aussie attack). Only excellent performance in his career so far.
    It was a second string attack, yes, but still better than the majority of attacks in world cricket; with the likes of NCN and Cummins.

Corey Anderson has fallen away and was exposed for his lack of temperament and natural ability with the bat. How do you expect someone to be hyped when he isn't even the best A/R in his country?

Gunaratne's bowling would be completely nullified in OD cricket and not to mention he's already 32 years old. This is as good as he's going to get- it's unfortunate he never made the side when he was younger as he's a decent batsman with excellent mental strength. The reason he isn't hyped as much as he hasn't done much on the world stage. Again, he just has the solitary half century and century to got his name.
    Last edited by Ellipsism; 3rd November 2017 at 20:22.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the inferiority complex of some Pakistani fans. They will come and bash our own players at every opportunity but will hype Indian and non Pakistani players to the moon. I know it hurts that Pakistan won the CT despite having 'phateechar' players but please start appreciating your own too.

Before CT i clearly remember; "Fakhar is mediocre, Faheem is mediocre, Rumman is mediocre" and Pandya is world class? Fact is Pakistani mediocre players helped us to win the CT which will be remembered for a long time while Pandya who is world class hasn't done anything substantial for his team till now. It was understandable to criticize the poor team under Misbah, Afridi and Waqar but dont understand the hate against this young Pak side. Aakhir chahtay kia ho bhayyun?

Spot on. This is exactly what I have been saying.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

What I meant was that India are trying to develop Pandya as a top-order batsman because he has the potential. His F/C average doesn't mean much at this point because he is still developing as a player and Indians know how to develop batsmen. Kohli didn't have the best F/C average in India but look where he is today.

Now as far as the Amir comparisons are concerned, you have to consider a lot of aspects.

Firstly, Pandya's innings against Pakistan got more hype than Amir's innings vs New Zealand because the former was in a Pakistan India CT final.

Secondly, Pandya showed his six hitting prowess in that innings which excited a lot of fans. He hit huge sixes standing in his crease and didn't mistime a single one. Many great and experienced players will not be able to generate so much power and distance without even stepping out of the crease. It wasn't just the number of runs that he scored but the way that got them showcased his talent.

Thirdly, Amir is a tailender who can bat a bit. A tailender scoring some runs is not going to create the same interest that an all-rounder scoring runs will. For example, if Fahim plays the innings that Amir did vs New Zealand or vs England last year, he is going to get a lot of hype for it.

Unfortunately his nationality is an issue for a lot of people here. I wasn't referring to you personally, but there are other people who have a problem with him because he plays for India.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

The problem is that the failures of all-rounders are highlighted more because they are more involved in the game. If they fail with the bat they have to do well with the ball and vice versa, and when it doesn't happen in either disciple for a few games, they become overrated.

Stokes was the butt of jokes on PP for months after his string of low scores and poor spells in 2014, but it was obvious that he had serious potential who would win many games for England in the future.

The same people are having issues with Pandya now. He certainly has the potential to match if not better Stokes. His batting potential is superior but his bowling is inferior, and both are excellent fielders.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

And after a few failures, the fans want him out of the team. That is the handicap that old players have, they need to perform every single time.

Pandya's bowling might go down completely but ultimately it is his batting that will benefit India in the long-run. They are looking for a lower-order hitter/finisher that can replace Dhoni, Yuvraj in the long run and Pandya is a leading contender in their eyes. He only took up bowling a couple of years back so it is not something of high priority.

Similarly, people are excited about Fahim's hat-trick, but it is his batting that will decide his worth. We don't have shortage of bowlers, but what we need is a lower-order hard-hitting batsman. I would be happy if Fahim doesn't bowl at all if it helps him become a game-changing batsman down the order.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And after a few failures, the fans want him out of the team. That is the handicap that old players have, they need to perform every single time.

Pandya's bowling might go down completely but ultimately it is his batting that will benefit India in the long-run. They are looking for a lower-order hitter/finisher that can replace Dhoni, Yuvraj in the long run and Pandya is a leading contender in their eyes. He only took up bowling a couple of years back so it is not something of high priority.

Similarly, people are excited about Fahim's hat-trick, but it is his batting that will decide his worth. We don't have shortage of bowlers, but what we need is a lower-order hard-hitting batsman. I would be happy if Fahim doesn't bowl at all if it helps him become a game-changing batsman down the order.
    India do not need another batsman....hid boeling is what benefits India if he cannot do that then he is useless

Similarly Faheem's batting is more useful for Pakistan..if he cannot do that he is useless..

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I certainly wont want a Pandya or Faheem like batsman at no 4. No 4 is a position for genuine batsmen who can hit centuries someone like haris for Pak and Pandey for Ind. Considering how Pandya is batting at 4 his bowling is going down (was bowling at 127kmph today) and he might go the Irfan Pathan way.

Both Pak and India require a hard hitting batsman down the order who can play as 3rd/4th seamer too and atleast is reliable to bowl 7 overs. 'Allrounder' like Faheem or Pandya bring much balance to the side rather than only as bowler or as top/middle order batsmen.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Pandya Dev can't even play spin now.

Two first ballers against Sodhi.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pandya is nowhere near the finished product.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another failure by Pandya Heck spinner hitting machine

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is concentrating too much on defending and is perishing. Should be looking to attack, the uselss batting lineup doesn't help either,this should have been chased within 17 overs on a batting paradise

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lehen View Post
    He is concentrating too much on defending and is perishing. Should be looking to attack, the uselss batting lineup doesn't help either,this should have been chased within 17 overs on a batting paradise
    yeah right!! if panya played next 5 overs he could have ended the match by 14 overs