Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hardik Pandya is already a world-class all-rounder after a handful of international matches, based on his talent (and his nationality ofcourse). Whether he performs or not is irrelevant.

Although, his bowling is eerily similar to Anwar Ali.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Best alrounder fails again...

But but but he is the best finisher in world cricket and has better hitting ability than Lala
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    When Lala had good reflexes and when he was in the mood - he was a treat to watch against pace and spin. And this Pandya guy can only dream of that power against pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Lala is currently over 40 and still twice the hitter this joke of a cricket is.

Over everything, Pandya was said to be better than Abdul Razaaq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    Success went to this chap's head pretty quick it seems. Sad because we needed him to in prime form before SA.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudra View Post
    He bowled very well today with pace.
    Highest speed 144K.
    Pandya critics really could use a reality check. This game is being cast as a failure for him. Ignoring everything he has achieved in the past, even considering just this game, bowling figures of 4-0-25-2 in a iT20 game (wkts of the opposing teams highest and third highest scorers) are enough to merit further inclusion in the national team.
    Last edited by Napa; 25th December 2017 at 05:57.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I didn't make him out to be a superstar. I said he has talent and I back him to good.

Unlike you I judge on ability and talent not on which nationality a player is from.

An Indian player performing for some reason gives you nightmares and even praising one is beneath you which is scary.
    Time has already started to tell us who judged Pandya on his nationality...

I have no problem praising Indian players when they deserves it. Even when Rohit Sharma used to average in the 20ís I always rated him quite highly and the most dangerous batsman in Indian team.
    Dhawan-Sharma- Kohli form a formidable, as good as anyone top three in ODIís.
    Bumrah has started his career exceptionally well in ODIís also. The two wrist spinners are doing a good job.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time has already started to tell us who judged Pandya on his nationality...

I have no problem praising Indian players when they deserves it. Even when Rohit Sharma used to average in the 20’s I always rated him quite highly and the most dangerous batsman in Indian team.
    Dhawan-Sharma- Kohli form a formidable, as good as anyone top three in ODI’s.
    Bumrah has started his career exceptionally well in ODI’s also. The two wrist spinners are doing a good job.

All rounders take time to develop. Most people were writing Stokes off and them look what happened . Pandaya has shown glimpses of his talent especially with the bat. Had he performed , you would have said it's only vs Sri Lanka.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All rounders take time to develop. Most people were writing Stokes off and them look what happened . Pandaya has shown glimpses of his talent especially with the bat. Had he performed , you would have said it's only vs Sri Lanka.
    I always supported Stokes even before he made his international debut. I have said a lot of time he is the second best player in the world in tests after Steven Smith.

But itís not because Stokes is good that Pandya will be good. Their batting is at a very different level.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I always supported Stokes even before he made his international debut. I have said a lot of time he is the second best player in the world in tests after Steven Smith.

But it’s not because Stokes is good that Pandya will be good. Their batting is at a very different level.
    Pandaya batting is better than his bowling.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both good players...
    Both doing fine job for their respective international teams.
    That shud be it.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned among the chest-thumping gibberish, it's better to let them both play a bit more and make an informed opinion. No one's saying Pandya is no good. It's just too early to judge him and Faheem at all.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some posters have already declared Pandya to be better than Afridi and Razzaq

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 players whose careers could go either way but more likely will just plateau along with ever hitting the heights promised.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railu Katta View Post
    Afridi was a great entertainer and likely a very good guy, but it really doesn't require a whole lot to be better than him on the field. Pandya will quite likely end his career out-performing Afridi. Their current averages:

Afridi
    Tests: 36.5
    ODIs: 23.6
    T20Is: 18.0

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ng;view=series

Pandya
    Tests: 59.3
    ODIs: 33.4
    T20Is: 10.3

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Pandya is not better than anyone at the moment. The guy needs to improve a lot. He is a good player to have in the team if he comes of. He can tonk the ball and bowl few overs with the ball. Would I play him as a batsman alone? I don't think so, would I play him as a third seamer? I don't think so. He has a long way to go before he can be compared with anyone in International cricket. He has had a good start to his career but he needs to keep that up and work on getting more consistent with the bat and the ball.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    Afridi was a great entertainer and likely a very good guy, but it really doesn't require a whole lot to be better than him on the field. Pandya will quite likely end his career out-performing Afridi. Their current averages:

Afridi
    Tests: 36.5
    ODIs: 23.6
    T20Is: 18.0

Pandya
    Tests: 59.3
    ODIs: 33.4
    T20Is: 10.3

Yes because comparing stats of a guy who played nearly two decades with a guy who is 2 years into his career makes perfect sense.

Heck Pandya averages more than Sachin in tests I'm sure going by your logic he will be better than him too?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHy dont people watch the whole movie before reviewing it

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ashraf was going to be in the 11 anyway but now with Imad Wasim's injury it seems even more likely Faheem Ashraf will actually get a good run of games in this series rather than just being a water boy. A good series in New Zealand will really improve his game as so far he has only done stuff of note against teams like Sri Lanka. This will be, without a doubt, his hardest tour in his young career so far.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP! Love this guys technique in NZ conditions.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owaistabish View Post
    Good, reall good. But not Pandya good. Santner would have gone for 3-4 sixes otherwise.
    Last edited by Sean143; 6th January 2018 at 03:46.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by indipper View Post
    Good, reall good. But not Pandya good. Slanter would have gone for 3-4 sixes otherwise.
    Okay, but don't think Pandya can smash Boult for two fours on his 3rd and 4th balls.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owaistabish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Okay, but don't think Pandya can smash Boult for two fours on his 3rd and 4th balls.
    Yes because he usually deals in sixes.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two different types of batsman.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes because he usually deals in sixes.
    He's only hit 3 sixes in his career against New Zealand and they are all against Santner.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good, reall good. But not Pandya good. Santner would have gone for 3-4 sixes otherwise.
    Even pandya would disagree with you.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Even pandya would disagree with you.
    Let him face Santner in a critical situation, you'd know.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    He's only hit 3 sixes in his career against New Zealand and they are all against Santner.
    Maybe he was not needed to hit others.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Pandya showing rest of the Indian lineup how its done!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Fahim may turn out to be a good player for Pakistan, but no matter how much some of our fans insist, he is simply not of the same caliber as Pandya as far as batting is concerned.

Pandya has scaled heights with the bat, i.e. Champions Trophy Final, SL Test, Australia ODI series, this current knock etc. which Fahim is unlikely to get close to.

However, if he can average around 25-30 at a good SR, he will be quite useful for the team. His bowling is irrelevant in my view, because unless he delivers with the bat, he wonít add much to the team.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Fahim may turn out to be a good player for Pakistan, but no matter how much some of our fans insist, he is simply not of the same caliber as Pandya as far as batting is concerned.

Pandya has scaled heights with the bat, i.e. Champions Trophy Final, SL Test, Australia ODI series, this current knock etc. which Fahim is unlikely to get close to.

However, if he can average around 25-30 at a good SR, he will be quite useful for the team. His bowling is irrelevant in my view, because unless he delivers with the bat, he won’t add much to the team.
    How many Tests has Faheem played out of interest?

Just because he is Pakistani doesn't make him a failure by default.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, if he can average around 25-30 at a good SR, he will be quite useful for the team. His bowling is irrelevant in my view, because unless he delivers with the bat, he won’t add much to the team.
    Fahim may be better layer but we have t wait .u should not be biased....ATM pandya has proven himself and playing a blinder.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    How many Tests has Faheem played out of interest?

Just because he is Pakistani doesn't make him a failure by default.
    Chances are slim. It is not usual for a Pakistani batsman to be better than his Indian counterpart, and Pandya is already doing incredible things with the bat.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the comparison. What has Faheem done so far? Only 4 ODI and 4 T20. Let Faheem play for 1-2 years and build a record before you can draw comparisons.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Fahim may be better layer but we have t wait .u should not be biased....ATM pandya has proven himself and playing a blinder.
    It was obvious since the Champions Trophy that he is a terrific prospect. Few bad games and everyone was on his back, but such people are not meant to be taken seriously.

People hated on him because he is Indian, since a lot of people here a phobia of Indian players. If he was English, Australian or South African, he would be rated much higher.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Speaking of bias, there is no comparison between Pandya and Fahim at this point, and only one select group of people have exhibited their bias over the last few months.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was obvious since the Champions Trophy that he is a terrific prospect. Few bad games and everyone was on his back, but such people are not meant to be taken seriously.

People hated on him because he is Indian, since a lot of people here a phobia of Indian players. If he was English, Australian or South African, he would be rated much higher.
    he is better player but Fahim has the potential to match him..i saw him stroking the ball effortlessly today..have u seen anyone from pak like that...but yes pandya is going to be a good al rounder if he plays like this.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem looked very comfortable against Boult today. This lad is a special talent and can only get better I believe. We wouldn't have won the match, but it would have been exciting to watch Fakhar and Faheem bat together.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    he is better player but Fahim has the potential to match him..i saw him stroking the ball effortlessly today..have u seen anyone from pak like that...but yes pandya is going to be a good al rounder if he plays like this.
    The chances of Fahim matching Pandya are low. Very low.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One lucky innings and people bump this thread again we will talk after the three test matches

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    The chances of Fahim matching Pandya are low. Very low.
    Based on what? Ilm-ul-Ghaib?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Based on what? Ilm-ul-Ghaib?
    History.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
    One lucky innings and people bump this thread again we will talk after the three test matches
    Pandya may or may not be good against him. But you need a bit of luck even for top order to survive here. He has survived. It is a good knock.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is no match for Faheem

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Obviously.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Faheem play briefly today. He has some moves, that's for sure. But whether he has the stamina, will, discipline, we'll see.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously.
    You may laugh. But just keep waiting.

Faheem is an ATG talent

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    History.
    Going by history ,how many pace allrounders india has produced post kapil?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going by history ,how many pace allrounders india has produced post kapil?
    He's not a pace bowling all rounder, he's a batting all rounder who bowls pace.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked Faheem Ashram stats. He is more a bowler than a batsman from what i see. List A avge 16, First class avge 30. Just 4 ODIs. 2 t20s. Doesn't exactly look like a fit player.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KohlinotKholee View Post
    He's not a pace bowling all rounder, he's a batting all rounder who bowls pace.
    waaw whats that?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Just checked Faheem Ashram stats. He is more a bowler than a batsman from what i see. List A avge 16, First class avge 30. Just 4 ODIs. 2 t20s. Doesn't exactly look like a fit player.
    do u know on what number he bats in domestics...thats sorry states of affairs in pak cricket.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    waaw whats that?
    Kapil , Imran , Hadlee etc. were bowling all rounders, they could bat but bowling was their far stronger suit. Pandya is not like that, his stronger suit is his batting.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kapil , Imran , Hadlee etc. were bowling all rounders, they could bat but bowling was their far stronger suit. Pandya is not like that, his stronger suit is his batting.
    OK so how many india have produced like that???

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya looked the best batsman from both sides by Miles in this match.Sadly that can not prevent a 3.5 day defeat for Us

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irfan was the only one who came close. But his bowling rapidly disintegrated since his debut. He was also an okay batsman. Prabakar is another guy who was an opener and a support bowler for Kapil.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, typically India's problem is producing good pace bowlers, they do produce good batsman time to time. Pandya is not breaking this trend, he isn't much of a bowler, so at least in theory India should be able to produce such guys.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See, typically India's problem is producing good pace bowlers, they do produce good batsman time to time. Pandya is not breaking this trend, he isn't much of a bowler, so at least in theory India should be able to produce such guys.
    Thats the point i was trying to say indirectly.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's not compare gully mohallah level players like Pandya with Fahim.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    I second this wholeheartedly! Very well said brother
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Ganguly and Tendulkar were better more effective bowling options then Pandya
    Lala is currently over 40 and still twice the hitter this joke of a cricket is.

Over everything, Pandya was said to be better than Abdul Razaaq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    Success went to this chap's head pretty quick it seems. Sad because we needed him to in prime form before SA.
    I don't think the problem is within his head, he is just not good enough for international cricket.
    Don't think he will play in South Africa, I will love him to play as I support South Africa, but India will go with Rohit Sharma at 6.
    It appears Pandya has burrowed deep in the psyche of a few Pakistani posters. It is going to be a long 10 to 15 years for them as Pandya keeps delivering.

The point with Pandya is that he is mentally exceptional. Just watch his face when he plays. I have not seen another player display the concentration he shows, whether batting or bowling.

I didn't make him out to be a superstar. I said he has talent and I back him to good.

Unlike you I judge on ability and talent not on which nationality a player is from.

An Indian player performing for some reason gives you nightmares and even praising one is beneath you which is scary.
    You along with @Mamoon at least go by what you see on the field. Kudos to you two.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Pakistan domestic stats are irrelevant.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya is no doubt a special talent. Haters will hate.

But Faheem has the potential to be that gun allrounder we desperately need.
    Last edited by in_cutter; 6th January 2018 at 12:43.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pandaya showed a side that i didnt know he had- a willingness to play fast bowlers and not just hit spinners.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    There is no comparison between Pandya and Ashraf.

Ashraf may well turn out to be a handy allrounder but its clear Pandya is ahead right now. Make the comparison when Ashraf scores a similar knock at Newlands against this rampaging pace attack.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    353 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some people on this forum look really stupid now. Pandaya is a talent and will be a fantastic all rounder.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya has played a splendid innings, nothing to say about it, it was really brilliant.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railu Katta View Post
    Can you name one Test knock from Afridi and Razzaq outside Asia against the quality of attack like Pandya's 93 vs SA in Newlands today ?

Pandya's development into one of Asia's premier ARs seems hard for Afridi fans in particular to swallow. This guy is a proper AR, Afridi was the epitome of bits and pieces.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kapil Dev in the making, with the BAT atleast ... I am quite pleased

"Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pandya often finds himself in situations where he has nothing to lose for example 7 down or i down. This is a time where he can go after the bowling and maximize the runs and hence his natural stroke play helps him , for which he should be given credit.

However it would be interesting to see him bat in challenging conditions when all is not lost and there is plenty of batting left for India. Will he play his natural game and go after the bowling in such a situation? I expect him not to do that and that would be the time when his defensive technique (average by the look of it) would be tested.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply put he has scored 90 after Steyn, Morkel, Rabada and Philander reduced India to 92-7. That deserves praise.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea who Ashraf was till I saw the odi match yesterday...my only response to this thread is really???

Pandya might have overtaken some
    Pakistani great batsmen with this performance leave alone some upcoming player

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya often finds himself in situations where he has nothing to lose for example 7 down or i down. This is a time where he can go after the bowling and maximize the runs and hence his natural stroke play helps him , for which he should be given credit.

However it would be interesting to see him bat in challenging conditions when all is not lost and there is plenty of batting left for India. Will he play his natural game and go after the bowling in such a situation? I expect him not to do that and that would be the time when his defensive technique (average by the look of it) would be tested.
    You havenít seen his innings against Australia last year then where he he won the man of the series.... none of those knocks where slogging in the death type scenarios..they were all calculated finishes almost like a in prime Dhoni.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    It appears Pandya has burrowed deep in the psyche of a few Pakistani posters. It is going to be a long 10 to 15 years for them as Pandya keeps delivering.

The point with Pandya is that he is mentally exceptional. Just watch his face when he plays. I have not seen another player display the concentration he shows, whether batting or bowling.

You along with @Mamoon at least go by what you see on the field. Kudos to you two.
    The absolute lack of quality in recent Pakistani cricketers has made Pakistani fans hail anyone from the green side, even with an iota of talent to cricketing stratosphere. Shehzad being better than Tendulkar, Akmal Jr. being an absolute beast etc. etc.

The truth is, in terms of cricketing talent production, India are at the moment on an entirely different level to us while we are super mediocre and even below average.

Pandya is scary good and not just that, he can be the ultimate new face of Indian cricket. It is a fact that many Pakistani fans don't want this to happen, i.e. the one area where we were far superior to India - all rounders who could bowl seam and hit big - is now going to skew in India's direction as well.

That said, Pandya must continue to work hard, Azhar Mehmood of all people has two stunning centuries against RSA in RSA and that too against an equally good bowling line-up Donald, Pollock, Kallis, Klusener, and Fani Devilliers etc. This is the era of hyperbole though so I guess while Mehmood will be forgotten, Pandya will be immortalised.

it's written. an akmal will never be a hero.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    You havenít seen his innings against Australia last year then where he he won the man of the series.... none of those knocks where slogging in the death type scenarios..they were all calculated finishes almost like a in prime Dhoni.
    Key words - challenging conditions

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Conditions in Cape Town againist Morkel Steyn and Rabada are not challenging enough?

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely iconic performance. An on fire, frightening pace quartet on a seaming deck with his team in tatters, and he singlehandedly keeps the contest within touching distance. That innings alone might be better than anything Fahim ever manages with the bat, there is simply no comparison as of now.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you mean to say a young player cannot be rated until he performs on a green track or a minefield or take wickets on a flat track???

It hasnít even been 2 years since his debut,already has a test 100 and 2 50s and a man of the series against a top side in Odis and many such clutch knocks . You are just basing your assumption on a couple of innings(Seeing How there is a time warp situation going on with a lot of posters here I am willing to bet only 1)

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 wonít make an appearance here now for a while by the look of it

Anyway good to see a lot of reasonable Pakistani posters giving credit where due.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Syed1 wonít make an appearance here now for a while by the look of it

Anyway good to see a lot of reasonable Pakistani posters giving credit where due.
    Same way you were slapped around in the match thread yesterday?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same way you were slapped around in the match thread yesterday?
    Is that how you felt? The way the same reference was used time and again for every unrelated topic was not a very flattering reflection but then again you need to be bright enough to realize that

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you mean to say a young player cannot be rated until he performs on a green track or a minefield or take wickets on a flat track???

It hasnít even been 2 years since his debut,already has a test 100 and 2 50s and a man of the series against a top side in Odis and many such clutch knocks . You are just basing your assumption on a couple of innings(Seeing How there is a time warp situation going on with a lot of posters here I am willing to bet only 1)
    First of all i am only talking about tests. And Ofcourse we can rate him based on what he is doing right now. He is a good all rounder and has lots of potential.

I just raised a point in my post that he had nothing to lose today and he often finds himself in such positions where he has the license to go after the bowling without caring for his wicket. Its because he sees that a lot of wickets have fallen already and he takes it upon himself to maximise the runs by hitting out. Even in some ODIs this has been the case. This doesnt allow him to be tested defensively in such conditions.

Today was a classic case of it. His hitting ability is not even in question. We all know he is good with that. You will know what i am saying the day he is required to bat defensively in hostile conditions to save a match or to support a front line batsman.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Conditions in Cape Town againist Morkel Steyn and Rabada are not challenging enough?
    Joshila sahab aap rehne do yaar. Pehle pichle posts padh lo.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, if he can average around 25-30 at a good SR, he will be quite useful for the team. His bowling is irrelevant in my view, because unless he delivers with the bat, he wonít add much to the team.
    Agreed. He is the most perfect allrounder I have seen in my life. Imran could bat but was hit or miss with bat. Kallis was a batter but gul-ish with ball. Razzaq was all hit or miss. Pandya does everything in a perfect manner. Give me 11 like him and I will win you as many WC as you want.

Faheem should look to cross Razzaq and try to be within Pandya's class. Kohli needs BCCI's domination to stay alive, Pandya doesnt.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people on this forum look really stupid now. Pandaya is a talent and will be a fantastic all rounder.
    People who deny the talent of both players haven't watched much cricket. Although I would class Pandya as a batting all-rounder than a genuine one. Incredible innings under pressure. Hats off.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pandya rode his luck today. If faheem had that luck he could have done the same.