Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    pandya rode his luck today. If faheem had that luck he could have done the same.
    If Faheem would have done it, we would say fluke!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why cant people just appreciate both?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has now taken 2 wickets. Must be hard for some to swallow!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Now 2 wickets in the 2nd innings.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hardik Pandya has had more opportunity to prove himself so he at the moment is a better player.

But Faheem Ashraf looked good too and has potential.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A club cricketer, they said. Pandya, a baaaaaaaaaaad man.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should appreciate both, let them play for their team some years before making comparison.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    Going by history ,how many pace allrounders india has produced post kapil?
    I’m only interested in Pandya and Fahim’s batting.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    First of all i am only talking about tests. And Ofcourse we can rate him based on what he is doing right now. He is a good all rounder and has lots of potential.

I just raised a point in my post that he had nothing to lose today and he often finds himself in such positions where he has the license to go after the bowling without caring for his wicket. Its because he sees that a lot of wickets have fallen already and he takes it upon himself to maximise the runs by hitting out. Even in some ODIs this has been the case. This doesnt allow him to be tested defensively in such conditions.

Today was a classic case of it. His hitting ability is not even in question. We all know he is good with that. You will know what i am saying the day he is required to bat defensively in hostile conditions to save a match or to support a front line batsman.
    Not really...in fact today when once we were into the tail and he had no option but to smack every ball is when he didn’t look assured and got out.

When he was having a game saving partnership he looked like a million bucks.

I amassuming that his 2 innings against pak- one when the team needed quick runs in slog overs and the other when the game was all but over is clouding your judgement. He has played plenty of assuring innings in his short career.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Faheem Ashraf bhai
    Wat he has achieved in International cricket till now..I really don't understand why pakistan hyped him so much..kitne match khela hai abhi tak wo..

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya had a great day but you can't judge a player when he is at his best. Maybe will have to see when bowlers target him and maybe when is out of form. Though he is not technically correct for test format, he still might be pretty useful all rounder for India. In Regards to comparision with Faheem, I never saw him bat or bowl so can't compare but it will be good to compare them both in few years.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Pandya had a great day but you can't judge a player when he is at his best. Maybe will have to see when bowlers target him and maybe when is out of form. Though he is not technically correct for test format, he still might be pretty useful all rounder for India. In Regards to comparision with Faheem, I never saw him bat or bowl so can't compare but it will be good to compare them both in few years.
    Lol judge a player when he is out of form and not when he is in form...that’s one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard.

Now as far as Faheem goes, I don’t even Know what his credentials are or his performances are at any level...was he a standout in the PSL That is getting people all excited about?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    Lol judge a player when he is out of form and not when he is in form...that’s one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard.

Now as far as Faheem goes, I don’t even Know what his credentials are or his performances are at any level...was he a standout in the PSL That is getting people all excited about?
    I mean how he overcomes when he is having bad patch (and how long it will be). How consistent he can be at test level.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitya85 View Post
    Wat he has achieved in International cricket till now.
    .I really don't understand why pakistan hyped him so much..kitne match khela hai abhi tak wo..
    Oops exactly the first thought comes in my mind when i first saw the thread

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Faheem is good, but hasn't gotten nearly as much chances as Pandya has so hard to compare. As of now, HP-Diddy is better.

But Faheem can catch up to him as he has more potential as a bowler.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Faheem is good, but hasn't gotten nearly as much chances as Pandya has so hard to compare. As of now, HP-Diddy is better.

But Faheem can catch up to him as he has more potential as a bowler.
    Faheem’s ball striking is also amazing. Give him some more time and he will be one of the top big hitters in the world

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Faheem’s ball striking is also amazing. Give him some more time and he will be one of the top big hitters in the world
    True and as a ball striker he is at the same level as Pandya, but not as an overall batsman.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They both have great potential, pace allrounder is lot more important to Asian team, it changes the dynamics and balance of the team in overseas conditions. Imran and Kapil allowed their respective teams to win overseas, because of the balance they give to the team...Later Wasim provide some thing similar. Altough Imran, Wasim and Kapil were not just allrounders but front line bowlers as well much like Kallis, that made Allrounder on steroids possible, you literally playing with 12

India should also recruit the other Pyanda, his brother, in IPL he looked good too, like the Waugh brothers, it was not clear to me in which one was better(that's a good headace to have), India is missing a trick here

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    Not really...in fact today when once we were into the tail and he had no option but to smack every ball is when he didn’t look assured and got out.

When he was having a game saving partnership he looked like a million bucks.

I amassuming that his 2 innings against pak- one when the team needed quick runs in slog overs and the other when the game was all but over is clouding your judgement. He has played plenty of assuring innings in his short career.
    No, it isnt clouding my judgement at all. He scored at almost a 100 strike rate today so yes, he was playing risky shots. It is because he had nothing to lose. Perhaps you are forgetting it is a test and in tests people play at lower strike rates and are generally careful which Pandya wasn't today. It came off because he is a very good striker of the ball like i mentioned. Its his defensive technique which is in question here. It was only tested initially when he came out to bat today when he tried to defend some deliveries and he looked atrocious at that time. Certainly not "million bucks" like you are claiming. Once he started to throw his bat around, he scored runs owing to his superior striking abilities.

Like i said, you will see what i mean soon when he finds himself in a situation where he has to be put a price on his wicket rather than maximizing runs when all other front line batsmen are gone.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Can you name one Test knock from Afridi and Razzaq outside Asia against the quality of attack like Pandya's 93 vs SA in Newlands today ?

Pandya's development into one of Asia's premier ARs seems hard for Afridi fans in particular to swallow. This guy is a proper AR, Afridi was the epitome of bits and pieces.
    First of all I hate Afridi. Secondly Azhar Mahmood's 120+ vs SA is 200 times better than this. That's just one innings that immediately came to mind but I am sure if I googled, I could find more.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    India should also recruit the other Pyanda, his brother, in IPL he looked good too, like the Waugh brothers, it was not clear to me in which one was better(that's a good headace to have), India is missing a trick here
    Is krunal pandya also an allrounder?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Maybe not Afrdi or Razzaq @Markhor but Azhar Mahmood helped his country level the series with the bat in South Africa with two super human hundreds in Durban and and Johannasberg against a ferocious attack comprising Donald, Pollock, Klusner and Kallis.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Is krunal pandya also an allrounder?
    Spin bowling AR

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't think this much of a comparison.

From what I've seen, Hardik Pandya is a clean big hitter while Faheem Ashraf, yes he can hit, but they are not as clean and as big as Pandya's hits. Bowling wise, I can't really judge as I haven't really seen either of them bowl often. I've seen Faheem bowl more than Pandya, and I would say Faheem is a better version of Anwar Ali with a better game in both disciplines. Pandya in comparison just looks like a supreme hitter from what I've seen him bat and bowls around 140kph.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitya85 View Post
    Wat he has achieved in International cricket till now..I really don't understand why pakistan hyped him so much..kitne match khela hai abhi tak wo..
    He has a Champions Trophy medal, helped the team in the crucial Sri Lanka game.

Achieved more than what many cricketers already have despite only playing one game in a tournament.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    You may laugh. But just keep waiting.

Faheem is an ATG talent
    That an intriguing assessment, but please elaborate on why you think that Fahim is an ATG talent and that Pandya is no match for him?

What are the aspects of Fahim’s batting and bowling that makes you think that he is ATG material?

What are the aspects of Fahim’s batting and bowling that makes you think that Pandya is no match for him?

What does Pandya lack in his batting and bowling due to which he is no match for Fahim?

Let’s take a look at Pandya’s performances in the last few months:

He has scored a 76 in 40 odd balls in a Champions Trophy Final,

A run a ball Test hundred, an 80 in 60 balls against Australia when India were 60/4,

A run a ball 70 to chase down a big total against Australia and a 90 against a world class South African attack away from home, when India were reeling at 90/7.

Now since according to you, Fahim is far better, how do you think Fahim would have performed in these situations if he would have been swapped with Pandya?

Or, how do you think Fahim would perform in the future in similar situations and circumstances?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have posted this before.

One good game makes Pandya/Ashraf a brilliant player.

One bad game and they are overrated and worthless.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    That an intriguing assessment, but please elaborate on why you think that Fahim is an ATG talent and that Pandya is no match for him?

What are the aspects of Fahim’s batting and bowling that makes you think that he is ATG material?

What are the aspects of Fahim’s batting and bowling that makes you think that Pandya is no match for him?

What does Pandya lack in his batting and bowling due to which he is no match for Fahim?

Let’s take a look at Pandya’s performances in the last few months:

He has scored a 76 in 40 odd balls in a Champions Trophy Final,

A run a ball Test hundred, an 80 in 60 balls against Australia when India were 60/4,

A run a ball 70 to chase down a big total against Australia and a 90 against a world class South African attack away from home, when India were reeling at 90/7.

Now since according to you, Fahim is far better, how do you think Fahim would have performed in these situations if he would have been swapped with Pandya?

Or, how do you think Fahim would perform in the future in similar situations and circumstances?
    Let Faheem get chances like Pandya has.

His performances will speak for themselves.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Some people on this forum look really stupid now. Pandaya is a talent and will be a fantastic all rounder.
    Some people just have a hard time swallowing the fact that Pandya is a proper talent. If he were Pakistani I would have no doubt that he would’ve been hailed an ATG after a single substantial knock.

I do think as bowlers Faheem has more potential, but as pure batsman there’s no competition here; Pandya is far ahead. This is no disrespect to Faheem who himself is an excellent talent with bat as well.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem = Poor man's Hardik Pandya

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it isnt clouding my judgement at all. He scored at almost a 100 strike rate today so yes, he was playing risky shots. It is because he had nothing to lose. Perhaps you are forgetting it is a test and in tests people play at lower strike rates and are generally careful which Pandya wasn't today. It came off because he is a very good striker of the ball like i mentioned. Its his defensive technique which is in question here. It was only tested initially when he came out to bat today when he tried to defend some deliveries and he looked atrocious at that time. Certainly not "million bucks" like you are claiming. Once he started to throw his bat around, he scored runs owing to his superior striking abilities.

Like i said, you will see what i mean soon when he finds himself in a situation where he has to be put a price on his wicket rather than maximizing runs when all other front line batsmen are gone.
    In case you missed it, yesterday was that situation.remove those glasses of bias you are wearing and you will realize. Pandya has no more to prove. He just needs to do this on a relatively consistent basis. You can try putting him down as much, facts will remain!

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    I have posted this before.

One good game makes Pandya/Ashraf a brilliant player.

One bad game and they are overrated and worthless.
    This is exactly what i was going to say.

People need to stop wasting time on one-upmanship. I feel there are many who are so used to all these reality shows that they feel the need to grade and critique each every player or team performance.

We are not watching movie here, we are watching a live display of sportsmanship where a player has a split second to react to circumstances and there are no retakes.

Stop this over analysis and enjoy the game!
    Last edited by MenInG; 7th January 2018 at 05:04.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightarmfast View Post
    In case you missed it, yesterday was that situation.remove those glasses of bias you are wearing and you will realize. Pandya has no more to prove. He just needs to do this on a relatively consistent basis. You can try putting him down as much, facts will remain!
    Read my post again.
    Last edited by hadi123; 7th January 2018 at 13:14.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    Some people just have a hard time swallowing the fact that Pandya is a proper talent. If he were Pakistani I would have no doubt that he would’ve been hailed an ATG after a single substantial knock.

I do think as bowlers Faheem has more potential, but as pure batsman there’s no competition here; Pandya is far ahead. This is no disrespect to Faheem who himself is an excellent talent with bat as well.
    Faheem is a good talent, I don't have a problem with the compairson even though I believe Pandya is well ahead. My problem is with Pakistan fans trying to make out as though he is a rubbish player when he clearly isn't.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faheem is a good talent, I don't have a problem with the comparison even though I believe Pandya is well ahead. My problem is with Pakistan fans trying to make out as though he is a rubbish player when he clearly isn't.
    Sorrry bro, but I'm confused. Is this thread based on potential or actual performances? I mean, Faheem hasn't even faced 50 deliviries of international cricket, so I'm not sure how you made that deduction. Potential wise, both are really great talents. But we do have to remember that if we are comparing players, we must do so in the same phase of the career. Faheem just started his career and has clearly had a much better start than what Pandya did. I believe both will finish as great cricketers, but Pandya has a problem with glued feet and hard hands. He is a great talent and has mental toughness, but (could be extremely wrong, but I have a tingling feeling) he could be a victim of stardom getting to the head. Also, I really feel people are over-hyping the South African Attack and the bowling line-up Pak faced in 2013 (with in-form Steyn) was much better. It's a great attack no doubt, but not as much as you guys make it out to be.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmarKhan99 View Post
    Sorrry bro, but I'm confused. Is this thread based on potential or actual performances? I mean, Faheem hasn't even faced 50 deliviries of international cricket, so I'm not sure how you made that deduction. Potential wise, both are really great talents. But we do have to remember that if we are comparing players, we must do so in the same phase of the career. Faheem just started his career and has clearly had a much better start than what Pandya did. I believe both will finish as great cricketers, but Pandya has a problem with glued feet and hard hands. He is a great talent and has mental toughness, but (could be extremely wrong, but I have a tingling feeling) he could be a victim of stardom getting to the head. Also, I really feel people are over-hyping the South African Attack and the bowling line-up Pak faced in 2013 (with in-form Steyn) was much better. It's a great attack no doubt, but not as much as you guys make it out to be.
    Seriously? Did you even watch the game? Did you see how Rabada was bowling? On a pitch which has pace and bounce, this SA attack will blow most teams away, especially subcontinent teams. Any innings played against this attack needs to be considered good. Pandya played extremely well and got India out of a big mess.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Seriously? Did you even watch the game? Did you see how Rabada was bowling? On a pitch which has pace and bounce, this SA attack will blow most teams away, especially subcontinent teams. Any innings played against this attack needs to be considered good. Pandya played extremely well and got India out of a big mess.
    Yes, I did. Did you watch the Pak vs South Africa series of 2013?

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yes, I did. Did you watch the Pak vs South Africa series of 2013?
    Yes I did and this series has all 3 of them bowling + Rabada. Steyn is coming back from injury but is still brilliant. Morkel was little off colour in the first innings but was still bowling with lots of pace and bounce. The bowling was brilliant from SA and Pandya played a fantastic innings. A bowler running in on that pitch and bowling every delivery at 145-150, with excellent accuracy and control is what we saw from Rabada.
    Last edited by giri26; 8th January 2018 at 02:37.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giri26 View Post
    Yes I did and this series has all 3 of them bowling + Rabada. Steyn is coming back from injury but is still brilliant. Morkel was little off colour in the first innings but was still bowling with lots of pace and bounce. The bowling was brilliant from SA and Pandya played a fantastic innings. A bowler running in on that pitch and bowling every delivery at 145-150, with excellent accuracy and control is what we saw from Rabada.
    I don't mean to be rude, but either that memory has rescinded you or maybe you just undermined that in your analysis. There is absolutely no comparison to how Philander, Morkel and Steyn bowled that series than they bowled on Saturday. They were brilliant, but my point is that relatively they were much much better in the 2013 series. That's the main argument.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If he played attackingly in this situation, i can hardly imagine in what situation he would play defensively.

And why should he? When you are strong in hitting and weak in blocking, why would you do the latter?

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All the performances Pandya has made are big ones against tough opposition when the team is in big trouble.

This is literally the exact situation that people say is the only thing that matters when they criticize others. When Rohit bats all runs are too easy, or opposition was easy or situation was good.

When Pandya scores in these situations it's because "he had nothing to lose" it's just complete rubbish analysis to be questioning how special Pandya's performances have been.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketAnalyst View Post
    All the performances Pandya has made are big ones against tough opposition when the team is in big trouble.

This is literally the exact situation that people say is the only thing that matters when they criticize others. When Rohit bats all runs are too easy, or opposition was easy or situation was good.

When Pandya scores in these situations it's because "he had nothing to lose" it's just complete rubbish analysis to be questioning how special Pandya's performances have been.
    What do you mean by "nothing to lose"? Just curious.

India were about to lose the test in a horrible humiliating manner. They can still lose mind you.. but it is potentially a match saving innings. His country had everything to lose in that situation.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oligochaetes View Post

India were about to lose the test in a horrible humiliating manner. They can still lose mind you.. but it is potentially a match saving innings. His country had everything to lose in that situation.
    After SA had posted 529 runs on the board, and ICC deciding only 1 inning per team to be played each team in test, he had nothing to lose when team was at 92-7.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think @CricketAnalyst meant that nothing was expected of Pandya, given that the first 7 wkts had scored only 92 runs. If he failed, he would certainly not be singled out for his batting failure.

So while India had a lot of lose as a team, individually Pandya didn't have much to lose and could play carefree. Of course, it is quite possible that Pandya cares more for the team than his individual performance, in which case India's dire straits would have put a lot of pressure on him.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he played attackingly in this situation, i can hardly imagine in what situation he would play defensively.

And why should he? When you are strong in hitting and weak in blocking, why would you do the latter?
    I am sorry but your last paragraph makes no sense when we talk about test cricket. I guess you need to remind yourself how tests are played especially when you are playing for a draw or when you have to put a price on your wicket when you are the last recognised batting pair.

Tests have sessions where you have to take charge and sessions where you have to be defensive, thats where the mental strength part comes in. What Pandya did in his innings the other day was the former and he did it perfectly because it was a requirement at that time.

The problem is You can't always "blast" yourself out of a situation. It could be disastrous for the team to play such high risk cricket in crunch situations. It just shows you dont have the grit and determination to get out of a situation and you try to take a short cut by slogging ALA Shahid Afridi. Quality teams would pounce on you if you show them this tendency.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One can denounce any performance. Like one can admire any lowly performance. Up to an individual POV.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Huh? I'm saying the same thing as you are. You need to read my post and the one i'm responding to carefully and/or realize what inverted commas mean.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am sorry but your last paragraph makes no sense when we talk about test cricket. I guess you need to remind yourself how tests are played especially when you are playing for a draw or when you have to put a price on your wicket when you are the last recognised batting pair.

Tests have sessions where you have to take charge and sessions where you have to be defensive, thats where the mental strength part comes in. What Pandya did in his innings the other day was the former and he did it perfectly because it was a requirement at that time.

The problem is You can't always "blast" yourself out of a situation. It could be disastrous for the team to play such high risk cricket in crunch situations. It just shows you dont have the grit and determination to get out of a situation and you try to take a short cut by slogging ALA Shahid Afridi. Quality teams would pounce on you if you show them this tendency.
    That is complete nonsense. There is maybe in 1 in 40 innings where only a draw is possible and you have to block.

Other than that, there is no situation where blocking and scoring 20 will be worse than hitting and scoring 60.

Nothing wrong with Pujara scoring 50 (200) but obviously it is better for team when Pandya scores 51 (20).

And having style preferences rather than result preferences shows you are worried about the wrong thing. If there's ever a situation where you are supposed not to attack according to your sort of logic it was the one Pandya was in. And no doubt you might have called him a hack if he got out doing that, while saying little about Rohit and Pujara who hardly scored anything but played conventionally.

What matters is results, and Pandya is more likely to get them hitting.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I think @CricketAnalyst meant that nothing was expected of Pandya, given that the first 7 wkts had scored only 92 runs. If he failed, he would certainly not be singled out for his batting failure.

So while India had a lot of lose as a team, individually Pandya didn't have much to lose and could play carefree. Of course, it is quite possible that Pandya cares more for the team than his individual performance, in which case India's dire straits would have put a lot of pressure on him.
    Actually I was criticizing that logic, and saying exactly the same thing as Oligo is. What i was criticizing is the hypocrisy of some people who call Rohit's runs easy because India is winning but still find fault when Pandya keeps scoring big when India is in trouble.
    Last edited by CricketAnalyst; 8th January 2018 at 05:05.

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Venue
    Jhansi(uttar pradesh),India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tell this to virender sehwag.
    Slogging, really. He wasn't slogging at all.
    Anyone saying that he was slogging is deluded. He was playing good cricketing shots most of the time.
    There are many examples of great test players who seldom defended. So this point is vague.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why always compare ???? Both are doing their best for their country ..... !!!! There is no real scale available to weigh their ability !!!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't care what the thread is based on I'm just offering my opinion. What i have seen of both players , Pandya seems to have more potential and has more noteworthy performances .

This South African attack is very good in its own conditions . Had he not performed people like you would be jumping all over it.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't care what the thread is based on I'm just offering my opinion. What i have seen of both players , Pandya seems to have more potential and has more noteworthy performances .

This South African attack is very good in its own conditions . Had he not performed people like you would be jumping all over it.
    Thanks for generalising bro. Just because I find one player more talented than the other doesn't automatically make me the other's hater. Very acute thinking my friend.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The problem is that Fahim has done absolutely nothing so far to merit a comparison with Pandya, who has in no time, established himself as the most exciting young all-round prospect in the game today.

His stock is rising with every passing series, and teams have started to take note of his credentials and buy into the hype. At this point, he looks like a potential successor to Kohli as captain.

On the other hand, Fahim is a complete and utter nobody at this point. He has no performances of note so far, and non-Pakistani fans are not even aware that he exists.

Just because both are young all-rounders does not mean that they are comparable. Fahim will have to achieve something extraordinary with the bat to justify a comparison with Pandya, who has reached some incredible highs over the last 6 months or so.

Statements like “why not appreciate both”, “both are young all-rounders doing their best” etc. are hilarious, because it gives the impression that both these players are on equal footing and as if there is some competition between them.

It is a bitter pill to swallow for our resident champions of delusion and blind patriotism, but as of today, there is no comparison between the two. Pandya will have to regress alarmingly and Fahim will have to improve exponentially for this comparison to have any merit.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is complete nonsense. There is maybe in 1 in 40 innings where only a draw is possible and you have to block.

Other than that, there is no situation where blocking and scoring 20 will be worse than hitting and scoring 60.

Nothing wrong with Pujara scoring 50 (200) but obviously it is better for team when Pandya scores 51 (20).

And having style preferences rather than result preferences shows you are worried about the wrong thing. If there's ever a situation where you are supposed not to attack according to your sort of logic it was the one Pandya was in. And no doubt you might have called him a hack if he got out doing that, while saying little about Rohit and Pujara who hardly scored anything but played conventionally.

What matters is results, and Pandya is more likely to get them hitting.
    Going in circles now are we? You have basically repeated what you said in the 1st post by rephrasing it. The only thing that you added to it, making your argument even worse than before, was that in TEST cricket pandya would hardly find himself in defensive positions where he has to grind it out.

You and i both agree that Pandya is good when he is attacking. I go on to say that it has yet to be seen how he does when he has to grind it out in difficult conditions and that i dont have confidence in him to succeed there. However, you say that he will never play defensively and always attack in any kind of situation. To me thats an outlandish claim. Well, Lets just wait and see how it pans out.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeteshssaxena View Post
    Don't tell this to virender sehwag.
    Slogging, really. He wasn't slogging at all.
    Anyone saying that he was slogging is deluded. He was playing good cricketing shots most of the time.
    There are many examples of great test players who seldom defended. So this point is vague.
    Lets not talk about who is deluded here mate. It Doesnt matter if he is slogging or not, its the high risk cricket which i am talking about. You guys are blatantly rejecting the idea that he will ever find himself in a defensive position. He cant always score at 110 strike rate in tests. I guess we will find out.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall a brilliant test match for Pandya.

Still, as some months ago I don’t see him succeeding at international level.

Let’s see what happens.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that Fahim has done absolutely nothing so far to merit a comparison with Pandya, who has in no time, established himself as the most exciting young all-round prospect in the game today.

His stock is rising with every passing series, and teams have started to take note of his credentials and buy into the hype. At this point, he looks like a potential successor to Kohli as captain.

On the other hand, Fahim is a complete and utter nobody at this point. He has no performances of note so far, and non-Pakistani fans are not even aware that he exists.

Just because both are young all-rounders does not mean that they are comparable. Fahim will have to achieve something extraordinary with the bat to justify a comparison with Pandya, who has reached some incredible highs over the last 6 months or so.

Statements like “why not appreciate both”, “both are young all-rounders doing their best” etc. are hilarious, because it gives the impression that both these players are on equal footing and as if there is some competition between them.

It is a bitter pill to swallow for our resident champions of delusion and blind patriotism, but as of today, there is no comparison between the two. Pandya will have to regress alarmingly and Fahim will have to improve exponentially for this comparison to have any merit.
    I believe someone has taken a hat-trick against Sri Lanka in t20s.

Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for generalising bro. Just because I find one player more talented than the other doesn't automatically make me the other's hater. Very acute thinking my friend.

It's the truth.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    Like all things related to Pakistan cricket that was also a fluke... as per PP experts

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobashir View Post
    Overall a brilliant test match for Pandya.

Still, as some months ago I don’t see him succeeding at international level.

Let’s see what happens.

Yes due to his nationality you didn't see him succeeding. Nothing else .

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya is looking like the real deal but I just sense something big with fahim. He can bowl those nagging lengths and he can hit a big ball from the little we have seen him. Let's see how he goes

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pandya is the best all-rounder in the history of the Earth. India is the bestest and most exciting team of the universe and Kohli is better than Bradman. Happy? I could add a few more but didn't feel like it. I'm sure you get the point. Bharat mahan

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Like all things related to Pakistan cricket that was also a fluke... as per PP experts
    Firstly, it was a random hat-trick. If I recall correctly, two batsmen were caught on the boundary on average deliveries, and the other was a dubious LBW. I may be wrong, but I clearly remember that they were not exceptional deliveries.

Secondly, for a young player, performances against SL have no significance. For example, Imam scored a hundred on debut but no one outside Pakistan took note. Had he done the same against a quality side, he would have had more recognition.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pandya proved he is a good bat, batting against Steyn, philander and Rabada isn't easy. Still skeptical about his bowling right now.

As of now I'd place pandya ahead but as Fahim gets to play more games let's see how he does.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Silly comparison anyway. Don’t ppl learn from previous comparison threads?

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see what Fahim does...And out

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Pandya has never failed before?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Feels like Mamoon does this epic jinx work for Indian players throughout the threads.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Both of them have a lot to achieve in international cricket. Comparing two newbies is not going to result in any conclusive results.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time i see Faheem bowl. Operates at average speed of 132 kph. Has some variation. Pacewise Pandya is better. Variation wise Fahim is better. I will give him an edge.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    First time i see Faheem bowl. Operates at average speed of 132 kph. Has some variation. Pacewise Pandya is better. Variation wise Fahim is better. I will give him an edge.
    Naa Faheem hits 140 easy.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Fahim pace is down.. he was hitting 140 plus in UAE in the last series. I think his fastest was 144kph

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Fahim pace is down.. he was hitting 140 plus in UAE in the last series. I think his fastest was 144kph
    I saw him one of his balls clocking 139 kph. Yes i suppose he can crank up pace. But overall he is a decent first change or 2nd change bowler.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @JaDed

No need of a jinx.

This thread is going to end up like Kohli vs Umar. There is no comparison and no parallels between the two. Pandya is a phenomenal talent and has the potential to be one of the best modern all-rounders and lead the team one day.

Fahim is just an improvement on the other Pakistani all-rounders like Anwar, Tanvir, Bhatti etc. He is not a patch on Pandya when it comes to batting talent.

Nonetheless, Pakistani fans will never learn.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @JaDed

No need of a jinx.

This thread is going to end up like Kohli vs Umar. There is no comparison and no parallels between the two. Pandya is a phenomenal talent and has the potential to be one of the best modern all-rounders and lead the team one day.

Fahim is just an improvement on the other Pakistani all-rounders like Anwar, Tanvir, Bhatti etc. He is not a patch on Pandya when it comes to batting talent.

Nonetheless, Pakistani fans will never learn.
    I’ve got to disagree here. Yes, Pandya is ahead when it comes to batting, but your down playing Faheem’s ability. On a true pitch he’s lethal, has the bat swing and timing to absolutely destroy attacks.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellipsism View Post
    I’ve got to disagree here. Yes, Pandya is ahead when it comes to batting, but your down playing Faheem’s ability. On a true pitch he’s lethal, has the bat swing and timing to absolutely destroy attacks.
    Which is why I think he is an improvement on the likes of Anwar, Bhatti, Tanvir etc. They had their moments in the sun with the bat, but were not good enough to produce it consistently. I don't think Fahim can reach the heights of Pandya, but if he can average around 25 at a SR of 100+, he will be a very good addition to the team.

Our fans need to stop obsessing with Pandya. You don't have to be one to be useful to the team. If Fahim can become the new Afridi type player, he will do well for Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No comparison.

Pandya is far ahead in terms of batting, fitness and fielding. In bowling he is also ahead but gap is slightly less (in ODIs bowling is a toss up atm)

#MPGA

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Against a D grade Sri Lanka team - their best players weren't playing in the T20 series.

I'm amazed this topic is still being argued furiously on this thread.

As Mamoon said, there is no comparison right now if one removes their jingoistic perspective. Come back when Fahim scores an innings at Newlands against a world class pace attack to single handedly drag his team back into the match.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    Jubail, Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the truth.
    What is? That you like painting with the same brush?
    Last edited by OmarKhan99; 10th January 2018 at 01:43.