Instagram

SportsFever360

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 400
  1. #81
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,019
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't even up for debate.

    Sarfaraz hands down.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    So his recent record with bat means he makes the team on batting merit to bat in the top 6? In a cricket crazy country there isn't a batsmen who could have average more than he has in ODIs in the last year?
    Let me simplify it for you. If Sarfraz doesn't make the team on merit, which better wicket keeper batsman is he keeping out?

  3. #83
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,952
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    So Malinga a better captain than Dhoni for winning the ICC T20 final in 2014?
    Yes that comparison makes as much sense as Sarfraz being a better batsman than Kohli because he has a better average in England.

  4. #84
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,552
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    That tells you how rubbish our keeping stocks is and not how good a keeper Sarfraz is . Which other top team does Sarfraz make as a keeper batsmen?
    Australia and NZ.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Let me simplify it for you. If Sarfraz doesn't make the team on merit, which better wicket keeper batsman is he keeping out?
    He's the best in Pakistan but that doesn't mean he should be untouchable like he is.

    If our selectors gave a younger keeper a chance in dead games we could see if their is a replacement. Obviously he is going to look the best opition when you don't try out another player .

  6. #86
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,552
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    So his recent record with bat means he makes the team on batting merit to bat in the top 6? In a cricket crazy country there isn't a batsmen who could have average more than he has in ODIs in the last year?
    He went through a bad patch this year but let's be real he's one of the best in the world when it comes to playing spin. Every team needs a player like that.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Yes that comparison makes as much sense as Sarfraz being a better batsman than Kohli because he has a better average in England.

    Your reasoning for Sarfraz being better was because he won a 1 off game so I was just asking does the same apply for Malinga.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Australia and NZ.

    Watling is a very good keeper and has batted at 6 for NZ. Latham has done well in ODIs for NZ.

    Paine is a very good keeper but doesn't look good as a batsmen. He may make the team but it's a close call.

  9. #89
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    He went through a bad patch this year but let's be real he's one of the best in the world when it comes to playing spin. Every team needs a player like that.
    Best in the world usually means top 5 or 6. He isn't 1 of the best 5 or 6 players in the world versus spin.

    He's a okay keeper, average batsmen , and very good leader. That's a fair reflection of Sarfraz.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,952
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Your reasoning for Sarfraz being better was because he won a 1 off game so I was just asking does the same apply for Malinga.
    Yes because bringing up a game where neither were captaining yet alone playing is the same as bringing up their most recent and only encounter to date.

    Pakistani fans criticize Sarfrazís captaincy for reasons other than cricket while Indian fans criticize Kohli for no reason other than his captaincy and selections.

  11. #91
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,552
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Best in the world usually means top 5 or 6. He isn't 1 of the best 5 or 6 players in the world versus spin.

    He's a okay keeper, average batsmen , and very good leader. That's a fair reflection of Sarfraz.
    Name some that are better and I'll agree.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Yes because bringing up a game where neither were captaining yet alone playing is the same as bringing up their most recent and only encounter to date.

    Pakistani fans criticize Sarfraz’s captaincy for reasons other than cricket while Indian fans criticize Kohli for no reason other than his captaincy and selections.

    Sarfraz is a victim I get it. When he doesn't perform we can't say anything.

  13. #93
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Name some that are better and I'll agree.

    Better players of spin than Sarfraz

    Williamson
    Kohli
    AB
    Pujara
    Matthews
    Smith
    Amla

  14. #94
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,952
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Sarfraz is a victim I get it. When he doesn't perform we can't say anything.
    Notice I didnít say batting.

    Only captaincy.

    Heís been the most successful T20 captain, won you an ODI trophy after twenty-five years and just drew a series in May-time England with more than half the side never having played there before.

    I suggest you stick to worshipping Kohliís bat and not his captaincy hat.

  15. #95
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,552
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Better players of spin than Sarfraz

    Williamson
    Kohli
    AB
    Pujara
    Matthews
    Smith
    Amla
    Amla is garbage now. AB and Smith don't play. The other 4 are good though.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,952
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Amla is garbage now. AB and Smith don't play. The other 4 are good though.
    Not to mention Matthews has regressed in the last two years.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    He's the best in Pakistan but that doesn't mean he should be untouchable like he is.


    If our selectors gave a younger keeper a chance in dead games we could see if their is a replacement. Obviously he is going to look the best opition when you don't try out another player
    .
    Right on the money here and it was something I mentioned during and after the Zimbabwe series. Pakistan is the only side out of the top 5-6 that doesn't seem to play a reserve keeper. Sarfraz is so past it with the bat, he has fallen well below international standard backup by the following:

    - His only notable batting display from 2017 onwards has been that innings against SL in the CT
    - His batting average has fallen from 50 to now 37 in the last 3 years
    - Hasn't scored a ton since 2014
    - He's put on a fair bit of weight and as a result has slowed down running between the wickets meaning his dot ball percentage in LOIs has increased vastly. At one point after the 2015 WC (around 2016), he along with ABD had the lowest dot ball % in ODIs. Hence why we don't see him bat at 4/5, he now lingers down the order without taking any responsibility.

    The bottom line is Sarfraz has become laid back and lazy with no care in the world about his work ethic especially with his shape and fitness. For this reason alone, he is not fit to be Pakistan captain after 2019 WC. In tests needs to be discarded immediately, so someone else can develop. For minnow bashing LOI series the reserve keeper(s) needs to be given chances, so they will be ready when Sarfraz's time is up because the reality is it is coming soon.

    The likes of Odd one (fitting name I suppose) and co are not well versed on cricket as they try to make out to be.

    There is no agenda against Safraz - his regression as a batsman, fitness and work ethic doesn't leave much to be desired. Instead of leading by example, he has been a poor role model for the younger guys. Thank God we have Mickey as coach otherwise who knows what would happen under his leadership.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Notice I didn’t say batting.

    Only captaincy.

    He’s been the most successful T20 captain, won you an ODI trophy after twenty-five years and just drew a series in May-time England with more than half the side never having played there before.

    I suggest you stick to worshipping Kohli’s bat and not his captaincy hat.
    As for the emboldened points:

    1. That is not only false but such a weak argument to put forward - no matter how many meaningless T20s you win, you cannot claim he is the most successful when he hasn't won the T20. Also Pakistan is the only side that seems to play it's full strength team in these matches reinforcing my point of it's lack of significance. The upcoming Asia cup will be a true test however of Pakistan's progress as a T20 unit.

    2. Just because you're not well versed in cricketing matters, you have no reason whatsoever to go personal. Like Hasan123, Kohli has a huge fan base in Pakistan because he's the world's best batsman period! But I guess you were one of those haters who was burning with the runs he's been making right?
    Last edited by topspin; 3rd August 2018 at 19:17.

  19. #99
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    He went through a bad patch this year but let's be real he's one of the best in the world when it comes to playing spin. Every team needs a player like that.
    Wrong. He's been regressing since 2015 when he was averaging 50 and that average keeps decreasing. This is more than just a bad patch that is for certain!

    Also he hasn't scored a ton for 4 years.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,952
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    As for the emboldened points:

    1. That is not only false but such a weak argument to put forward - no matter how many meaningless T20s you win, you cannot claim he is the most successful when he hasn't won the T20. Also Pakistan is the only side that seems to play it's full strength team in these matches reinforcing my point of it's lack of significance. The upcoming Asia cup will be a true test however of Pakistan's progress as a T20 unit.

    2. Just because you're not well versed in cricketing matters, you have no reason whatsoever to go personal. Like Hasan123, Kohli has a huge fan base in Pakistan because he's the world's best batsman period! But I guess you were one of those haters who was burning with the runs he's been making right?
    1) If the opposition is so easy and everyone has the option to play full strength than it is not an excuse to not win. Pakistan has had a great record in T20ís since Sarfraz has took over, beating quality oppositions along the way such as NZ, ENG, and AUS. There hasnít been a WC since he took over so that arguement doesnít make sense while the only tournament he was involved in, his team unsurprisingly won.

    2) How do you know if I am or well-versed or not from my post related to Hasan123. Do you even know what that means because the context you are using it in makes no sense. The poster did not have a single valid argument as to why Kohli was a better captain than Sarfraz besides his batting which is not appropriate in the comparison of captaincy.

    Furthermore, I actually defended Kohliís knock when others were trying to downplay it in some of the threads here so feel free to look them up. I support players that play better than others regardless of their skin color, ethnicity and or race. So get any fickle ideas out of your mind and itís disappointing that I have to say it for the second time today.

  21. #101
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,952
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Wrong. He's been regressing since 2015 when he was averaging 50 and that average keeps decreasing. This is more than just a bad patch that is for certain!

    Also he hasn't scored a ton for 4 years.
    He has been regressing since being appointed captain which is not unusual.

    Main man Mark Taylor went nearly twenty innings without producing a fifty while Australian captain.

    Nobody complained because his side was winning and the only series Sarfraz has lost to date where the 5-0 NZ drubbing and the 2-0 SL whitewash.

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,379
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk about sarfaraz but i heard he got whitewashed by new zealand. Kohli has been pretty avg as captain even though results have gone with him. I don't know how sarfaraz is as captain so can't really say anything atm. Maybe Tie?

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Wellness Centre
    Runs
    8,561
    Mentioned
    1010 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    VK any bloody day.


    Gangster rap made me do it.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    75
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Pakistan a lowly ranked test team?

  25. #105
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    537
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say sarfraz because unlike Kohli he doesn't have the greatest players to work with, but even so he managed to take the side to number 1 in T20 and won the CT. No one could have thought that Pakistan could achieve that in such a short amount of time with so many new players, considering how awful we were before Sarfraz took over.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    597
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys, keep in mind that we are discussing who's a better captain. NOT whos a better player, who's better looking or who speaks better english, who has the better wife etc etc. Anyone can see that with the limited weapons that Sarfaraz has in his arsenal, its arms down obvious that Sarfaraz is the better captain. Sarfaraz himself would be secretly wishing he could captain the Indian side and then he probably didn't even need to think a whole lot either. Kohli, even though can win a whole game by himself , he still doesn't understand how to manage his team and is clueless when it comes to using strategy especially when he finds himself starting to give way for the opposition to take the game away from him. This is where i think Dhoni was just brilliant.. Champions trophy is a good example where Kohli was just completely lost...It wasn't Pakistan did something special and won but Kohli lost it for India in my opinion..
    Last edited by Snak3eye5; 3rd August 2018 at 21:49.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    11,763
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    As for the emboldened points:

    1. That is not only false but such a weak argument to put forward - no matter how many meaningless T20s you win, you cannot claim he is the most successful when he hasn't won the T20. Also Pakistan is the only side that seems to play it's full strength team in these matches reinforcing my point of it's lack of significance. The upcoming Asia cup will be a true test however of Pakistan's progress as a T20 unit.

    2. Just because you're not well versed in cricketing matters, you have no reason whatsoever to go personal. Like Hasan123, Kohli has a huge fan base in Pakistan because he's the world's best batsman period! But I guess you were one of those haters who was burning with the runs he's been making right?
    Ironical that you're questioning his knowledge on cricketing matters, when you don't even know that the Asia Cup is an ODI tournament

  28. #108
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    8,360
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz is a better captain than Kohli

  29. #109
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Right on the money here and it was something I mentioned during and after the Zimbabwe series. Pakistan is the only side out of the top 5-6 that doesn't seem to play a reserve keeper. Sarfraz is so past it with the bat, he has fallen well below international standard backup by the following:

    - His only notable batting display from 2017 onwards has been that innings against SL in the CT
    - His batting average has fallen from 50 to now 37 in the last 3 years
    - Hasn't scored a ton since 2014
    - He's put on a fair bit of weight and as a result has slowed down running between the wickets meaning his dot ball percentage in LOIs has increased vastly. At one point after the 2015 WC (around 2016), he along with ABD had the lowest dot ball % in ODIs. Hence why we don't see him bat at 4/5, he now lingers down the order without taking any responsibility.

    The bottom line is Sarfraz has become laid back and lazy with no care in the world about his work ethic especially with his shape and fitness. For this reason alone, he is not fit to be Pakistan captain after 2019 WC. In tests needs to be discarded immediately, so someone else can develop. For minnow bashing LOI series the reserve keeper(s) needs to be given chances, so they will be ready when Sarfraz's time is up because the reality is it is coming soon.

    The likes of Odd one (fitting name I suppose) and co are not well versed on cricket as they try to make out to be.

    There is no agenda against Safraz - his regression as a batsman, fitness and work ethic doesn't leave much to be desired. Instead of leading by example, he has been a poor role model for the younger guys. Thank God we have Mickey as coach otherwise who knows what would happen under his leadership.
    Putting words in other people's mouth?

    Everyone knows the issues with Sarfraz and none denies it. However, people will be called out when they make nonsensical comments like Sarfraz does not make the team on merit. There's no better combination of wicket keeper batsman + captain in Pakistan at this moment. When you find a Bairstow or Buttler in Pakistan, replace him by all mean.

    You are either too innocent or trying to fool others if you think that there is no agenda against Sarfraz. Azhar Ali was preferred over him when he was in great form. People call Kohli a better captain when all facts conclude that Kohli is not the best captain even in his own team.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,515
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Pakistani fans and their delusions. Sarfraz is so overrated as captain - where was his captaincy when were thrashed by Sri Lanka in Tests?

    Where was his captaincy when we were demolished in New Zealand?

    His captaincy legacy are three fluke wins in the Champions Trophy and relentless bashing of minnows, and one Test win against an out of sorts England.

    Kohli is comfortably a better captain and leader. Leadership is not shouting at your young players for playing better cricket than you do; leadership is leading the way with your performance, fitness and hard work.

    That is what Kohli does, he shows the way for the rest of his teammates and sets standards for them to follow.

    Every young player in India would want to emulate him.

    On the other hand, Sarfraz is an average performer who is regularly outclassed by his young players at whom he shouts all the time, and he is also one of the least fit players in the team.

    I highly doubt if any young cricketer in Pakistan would want to be Sarfraz.

  31. #111
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    1,329
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni retired about 3 years ago, we had the worst bowling attack until then.

    Last 3 years, it's a different story. No matter what the conditions, Indian pace and spin attack has been the best in the world (not one of, but THE BEST). You can bash Kohli's selection all you want, but you cannot ignore how he has transformed our bowlers from trundlers to this -

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...n-last-3-years

  32. #112
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,482
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In terms of achievements Sarfaraz is ahead at the moment

  33. #113
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    5,958
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the most important qualities of determining how good a captain is how well he leads from the front in terms of performance.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Ironical that you're questioning his knowledge on cricketing matters, when you don't even know that the Asia Cup is an ODI tournament
    It was a typo meant to say LOI unit

  35. #115
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Putting words in other people's mouth?

    Everyone knows the issues with Sarfraz and none denies it. However, people will be called out when they make nonsensical comments like Sarfraz does not make the team on merit. There's no better combination of wicket keeper batsman + captain in Pakistan at this moment. When you find a Bairstow or Buttler in Pakistan, replace him by all mean.

    You are either too innocent or trying to fool others if you think that there is no agenda against Sarfraz. Azhar Ali was preferred over him when he was in great form. People call Kohli a better captain when all facts conclude that Kohli is not the best captain even in his own team.
    No he does not make the team on merit because his batting has fallen well below international standards. If it wasn't for his captaincy, other teams by now would have tried out their reserve options. To backup this up, Pakistan actually did this with Adnan Akmal even though he was a far inferior bat to Kamran Akmal - literally was a tail ender at number 8/9.

    So I have an agenda because Sarfraz's batting and commitment has regressed more than your shoddy posts?

    As for the Sarfraz v Kohli captaincy debate, I don't want to repeat myself probably best to take a leaf out of post 110 from Mamoon:

    "Kohli is comfortably a better captain and leader. Leadership is not shouting at your young players for playing better cricket than you do; leadership is leading the way with your performance, fitness and hard work.

    That is what Kohli does, he shows the way for the rest of his teammates and sets standards for them to follow.

    Every young player in India would want to emulate him.

    On the other hand, Sarfraz is an average performer who is regularly outclassed by his young players at whom he shouts all the time, and he is also one of the least fit players in the team.

    I highly doubt if any young cricketer in Pakistan would want to be Sarfraz".

    This complements when I mentioned:

    "his regression as a batsman, fitness and work ethic doesn't leave much to be desired. Instead of leading by example, he has been a poor role model for the younger guys".
    Last edited by topspin; 4th August 2018 at 11:11.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    4,019
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Sarfaraz doesn't merit a place in the team."

    First of all, this thread is about captaincy skills, i.e. it assumes the player is already in the team.

    Stop getting desperate and de-railing this thread.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,482
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz would have won this test

  38. #118
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,379
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli as captain is poor. His team selections are worst. Drops players when he should back them (Rahane, Rahul, Bhuvi & Pujara). His field settings is poor too. He will place worst possible fielders in slips. He will drop catches in slip too but we will forget cause he scores runs. Then he will bring shikhar in slips who keeps dropping 5 - 6 catches and this dumb captain still keeps him slips. If all things are counted this his half of the runs should be cut off for being a dumb captain and selector of own team.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    1,616
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mohan11 View Post
    Isn't Pakistan a lowly ranked test team?
    Come back when you AT LEAST tie the series in eng. LoL lowly. Your mahaan bhaarat team is worse than pathetic lowly in over seas test cricket. You wanna discuss more, join the thread for our overseas record.

    By the way, Pak as a country let alone cricket, has gone thru its worst phase in past few decades and even then we have maintained the best overseas test record. Your better hope your soormas won't embarrass you in England. Tata.


    Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

  40. #120
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    1,616
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant to say best overseas test record from SA.


    Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

  41. #121
    Debut
    Mar 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    148
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on skill, Kohli is miles ahead. As a captain clearly Sarfraz.

    I donít know the stats but Iím certain Sarfraz has had more success captaining teams. How many games has Kohli won his team through tactics? Whatís Kohlis record like as captain of RCB?

    I donít care if Sarfraz is shouting at his players and not looking pretty for the ******* on here. He lets his passion take over and his only goal is the team winning, which they have been. Kohli might be calm and collected but some of these players have too much ego and need a kick up the backside.. Maybe if dhawan got that then India would have been chasing far less runs and him celebrating his personal milestone with a victory.

  42. #122
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistani fans and their delusions. Sarfraz is so overrated as captain - where was his captaincy when were thrashed by Sri Lanka in Tests?

    Where was his captaincy when we were demolished in New Zealand?

    His captaincy legacy are three fluke wins in the Champions Trophy and relentless bashing of minnows, and one Test win against an out of sorts England.

    Kohli is comfortably a better captain and leader. Leadership is not shouting at your young players for playing better cricket than you do; leadership is leading the way with your performance, fitness and hard work.

    That is what Kohli does, he shows the way for the rest of his teammates and sets standards for them to follow.

    Every young player in India would want to emulate him.

    On the other hand, Sarfraz is an average performer who is regularly outclassed by his young players at whom he shouts all the time, and he is also one of the least fit players in the team.

    I highly doubt if any young cricketer in Pakistan would want to be Sarfraz.
    How many IPLs has RCB won under Kohli? How many international tournaments? How many overseas test series? How many world class players have emerged under Kohli? How is his team selection? What about his shameful backing of Dhoni? A good captain has to first make his own decisions rather than running to Dhoni for everything.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    No he does not make the team on merit because his batting has fallen well below international standards. If it wasn't for his captaincy, other teams by now would have tried out their reserve options. To backup this up, Pakistan actually did this with Adnan Akmal even though he was a far inferior bat to Kamran Akmal - literally was a tail ender at number 8/9.

    So I have an agenda because Sarfraz's batting and commitment has regressed more than your shoddy posts?

    As for the Sarfraz v Kohli captaincy debate, I don't want to repeat myself probably best to take a leaf out of post 110 from Mamoon:

    "Kohli is comfortably a better captain and leader. Leadership is not shouting at your young players for playing better cricket than you do; leadership is leading the way with your performance, fitness and hard work.

    That is what Kohli does, he shows the way for the rest of his teammates and sets standards for them to follow.

    Every young player in India would want to emulate him.

    On the other hand, Sarfraz is an average performer who is regularly outclassed by his young players at whom he shouts all the time, and he is also one of the least fit players in the team.

    I highly doubt if any young cricketer in Pakistan would want to be Sarfraz".

    This complements when I mentioned:

    "his regression as a batsman, fitness and work ethic doesn't leave much to be desired. Instead of leading by example, he has been a poor role model for the younger guys".
    Lame post

    Was Ranatunga a poor captain because he was so unfit? A captain's job is to unite his team and bring the best out of them on the field. Sarfraz has been excellent with all new players. Almost all of them have flourished under him.

    Let's look at Kohli now. The whole Indian batting has regressed big time under him. He's happy with playing his friends in the team. Does not have the spine to say a word against Dhoni. Dropped Rahane for Rohit in SA. Dropped Pujara after he scored a hard fought 50 in his previous test in SA. Rahul has been kept out of the team on purpose to make room for TTFs.

    Best captain in the world, ladies and gentlemen!

  44. #124
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,515
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    How many IPLs has RCB won under Kohli? How many international tournaments? How many overseas test series? How many world class players have emerged under Kohli? How is his team selection? What about his shameful backing of Dhoni? A good captain has to first make his own decisions rather than running to Dhoni for everything.
    You need to clarify the premises of your argument. Are you arguing that Kohli is a great captain or are you arguing that Sarfraz is a much better captain?

    I agree that Kohli is not a great captain. He needs to improve his selection policy and his captaincy has been average in the IPL. However, he is no Yousuf or Azhar either - the Test team has improved leaps and bounds under him. He is clearly a good captain but needs to improve in certain aspects.

    If you are giving Sarfraz credit for winning numerous matches against minnows and weak opposition (never mind the thrashing in New Zealand) perhaps you should also give Kohli some credit for their brilliant performances in Tests at home.

    They have won a series agains all the top class sides unlike Sarfrazís Pakistan, who were badly exposed in the only tough ODI series we have played since the Champions Trophy.

    As far as Dhoni is concerned, you need to understand that no one can force him out of the team as long as he wants to play. He is one of the biggest legends in history of Indian cricket and it is not easy for Kohli or anyone to tell him to go.

    Do you think Wasim would have had the guts to kick Imran out of the team if he wouldnít have retired in 92?

    Do you think Sarfraz would have had the guts to stand up to Dhoni if he was the captain of the Indian team? He doesnít even have the balls to stand up to Hafeez who is not even 10% the cricketer Dhoni is.

    As far as winning a tournament is concerned, Kohli has captained one tournament and he reached the final. One off day against Pakistan - the team that he trashed in the group stage - doesnít make him an inferior captain to Sarfraz.

    Sarftazís captaincy is very overstated. He is better than Misbah and Azhar (although he had the misfortune of playing 15 ODIs against Australia and England in less than a year), but he is not the tactical genius that he has been portrayed by our fans.

    Where was his captaincy against Sri Lanka in the UAE Tests and in the New Zealand ODIs?

    Even Azhar thrashed a weak Sri Lanka in an ODI series in 2015. Sarfraz is one of the luckiest captains in Pakistan history - no other captain has had the luxury of playing so many matches against so many minnows and so many weak opposition.

    Winning the Champions Trophy isnít the end of all - we have played one tough ODI series since and we were crushed.

    Pakistani fans are in dire need of a reality check. It appears that the embarrassment in New Zealand was not enough for some.

    Kohliís success as Test captain towers over Sarfrazís minnow bashing in ODIs (post Champions Trophy) and T20 streak against minnows and weakened opposition.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    3,795
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    How many IPLs has RCB won under Kohli? How many international tournaments? How many overseas test series? How many world class players have emerged under Kohli? How is his team selection? What about his shameful backing of Dhoni? A good captain has to first make his own decisions rather than running to Dhoni for everything.
    Good point about Kohli camping on the fence and Dhoni captaining if India are in trouble in LOIs. Not even the best captain in his team, but apparently better than someone who has won a tournament and blooded many youngsters giving them chances continuously even if they failed initially

  46. #126
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,515
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adijazz1706 View Post
    Good point about Kohli camping on the fence and Dhoni captaining if India are in trouble in LOIs. Not even the best captain in his team, but apparently better than someone who has won a tournament and blooded many youngsters giving them chances continuously even if they failed initially
    Itís hard to be the best captain in the team when your team has Dhoni. Would Sarfraz be the best captain in the team in his presence? Of course not.

    As far as giving opportunities to youngsters are concerned, Kohli inherited a settled team while Sarfraz inherited an unsettled one. Giving chances to young players is not a big deal when your team is out of sorts.

    However, Kohli has given opportunities to young players whenever there has been an opening. Pandya has become a regular in his captaincy, he booted Ashwin and Jadeja out of the Limited Overs teams and the likes of Pant etc. have been given chances in T20s.

    The only negative point so far has been the mishandling of KL Rahul, who gets a very short end of the stick and is always on the brink of getting dropped harshly.

  47. #127
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,064
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz is a far better captain than Kohli

    Kohli is a far better batsman. I think it's Sachin all over again, Kohli is not a captain.

  48. #128
    Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You need to clarify the premises of your argument. Are you arguing that Kohli is a great captain or are you arguing that Sarfraz is a much better captain?

    I agree that Kohli is not a great captain. He needs to improve his selection policy and his captaincy has been average in the IPL. However, he is no Yousuf or Azhar either - the Test team has improved leaps and bounds under him. He is clearly a good captain but needs to improve in certain aspects.

    If you are giving Sarfraz credit for winning numerous matches against minnows and weak opposition (never mind the thrashing in New Zealand) perhaps you should also give Kohli some credit for their brilliant performances in Tests at home.

    They have won a series agains all the top class sides unlike Sarfraz’s Pakistan, who were badly exposed in the only tough ODI series we have played since the Champions Trophy.

    As far as Dhoni is concerned, you need to understand that no one can force him out of the team as long as he wants to play. He is one of the biggest legends in history of Indian cricket and it is not easy for Kohli or anyone to tell him to go.

    Do you think Wasim would have had the guts to kick Imran out of the team if he wouldn’t have retired in 92?

    Do you think Sarfraz would have had the guts to stand up to Dhoni if he was the captain of the Indian team? He doesn’t even have the balls to stand up to Hafeez who is not even 10% the cricketer Dhoni is.

    As far as winning a tournament is concerned, Kohli has captained one tournament and he reached the final. One off day against Pakistan - the team that he trashed in the group stage - doesn’t make him an inferior captain to Sarfraz.

    Sarftaz’s captaincy is very overstated. He is better than Misbah and Azhar (although he had the misfortune of playing 15 ODIs against Australia and England in less than a year), but he is not the tactical genius that he has been portrayed by our fans.

    Where was his captaincy against Sri Lanka in the UAE Tests and in the New Zealand ODIs?

    Even Azhar thrashed a weak Sri Lanka in an ODI series in 2015. Sarfraz is one of the luckiest captains in Pakistan history - no other captain has had the luxury of playing so many matches against so many minnows and so many weak opposition.

    Winning the Champions Trophy isn’t the end of all - we have played one tough ODI series since and we were crushed.

    Pakistani fans are in dire need of a reality check. It appears that the embarrassment in New Zealand was not enough for some.

    Kohli’s success as Test captain towers over Sarfraz’s minnow bashing in ODIs (post Champions Trophy) and T20 streak against minnows and weakened opposition.
    Both series had more to do with our awful batting which can't really be blamed on Sarfaraz tbh although he had some fault in terms of selections and batting order. That group stage match also had to do with flawed selections, the two players brought in made most of the contributions alongside Hassan Ali in that tournament. So it can be said both Sarfaraz and Kohli have major flaws in terms of their selections where Sarfaraz's are mostly due to him not having enough control over the team and 'respecting' the elders. When it comes to leading from the front Sarfaraz is not even in the picture however he has a knack of motivating his players and at times making the right decisions at the right times. Another flaw in Sarfaraz's captaincy is him being too emotional where he ends up showing his worry to other players which rids them of any hope left in the game. Overall if Sarfaraz has decisions go his way then his team can absolutely demolish a team from start to finish but if I wanted my team to comeback from a near impossible situation then I'd prefer Kohli and his far superior ability to lead from the front.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    1,616
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz is always a thinking brain which only a troll is unable to understand. Sarfraz passion is kind of a double edged sword. He does overreact at times as in a gully cricket but it is a learning process and I have noticed that lately he has not been screaming as much��

    Sarfraz inherited a team ranked lowest among all the test playing nations. The past few captains had ruined the cricket with scare mongering leaving a defeatist mentality. Those captains were the cancers. One of those captains has been admired as 2nd Messiah of Pak cricket but in reality was without any vision or sense of direction. Sarfraz has injected positivity and fearlessness.

    Pakistan lags in international cricket experience but Sarfraz has lead them well competing with big dogs. A troll constantly mentions NZ and SL series. Oh well genius, those were his first ODI and test series. In the 2nd test series, he did well in England despites having a test with a combined test experience far less than Anderson himself. In NZ, Pak ODI 11 had experience less than some of their players.

    We have some tests series coming up and despite having not much experience, I am sure we will see a much improved side under Sarfraz.


    Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

  50. #130
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    1,616
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pkckt View Post
    Both series had more to do with our awful batting which can't really be blamed on Sarfaraz tbh although he had some fault in terms of selections and batting order. That group stage match also had to do with flawed selections, the two players brought in made most of the contributions alongside Hassan Ali in that tournament. So it can be said both Sarfaraz and Kohli have major flaws in terms of their selections where Sarfaraz's are mostly due to him not having enough control over the team and 'respecting' the elders. When it comes to leading from the front Sarfaraz is not even in the picture however he has a knack of motivating his players and at times making the right decisions at the right times. Another flaw in Sarfaraz's captaincy is him being too emotional where he ends up showing his worry to other players which rids them of any hope left in the game. Overall if Sarfaraz has decisions go his way then his team can absolutely demolish a team from start to finish but if I wanted my team to comeback from a near impossible situation then I'd prefer Kohli and his far superior ability to lead from the front.
    Pretty much what I tought.


    Best of The Best : Tendulkar - Wasim - Gilchrist

  51. #131
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    4,138
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol! So many long posts for this.

    Being totally neutral, tactically Sarfaraz is superior than Kohli and not only Kohli he is tactically better than many other captains and is right up their with Morgan.

    Though I beleive Sarfaraz needs to work on team selection along with Arthur as they were the main reasons of non peroformance in some series.
    Last edited by Titan24; 4th August 2018 at 15:18.

  52. #132
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Lame post

    Was Ranatunga a poor captain because he was so unfit? A captain's job is to unite his team and bring the best out of them on the field. Sarfraz has been excellent with all new players. Almost all of them have flourished under him.

    Let's look at Kohli now. The whole Indian batting has regressed big time under him. He's happy with playing his friends in the team. Does not have the spine to say a word against Dhoni. Dropped Rahane for Rohit in SA. Dropped Pujara after he scored a hard fought 50 in his previous test in SA. Rahul has been kept out of the team on purpose to make room for TTFs.

    Best captain in the world, ladies and gentlemen!
    Speaking of lame posts, can't believe you're comparing the standards set in the 90s as a yardstick for today's game. The standards of professionalism and training were not the same hence why in that era you could get away with a pot belly as we saw with the likes of not only Ranatunga but also Boon and Inzy from the new few names I recall.

    Pujara does nothing but occupy the crease - a typical innings from him outside Asia would be a 20 off 100 balls and I'm not even trying to exaggerate here! Also given his woeful county form, there was no basis to select him for this series.

    Dropping Rahane was justified because he has lost confidence but to replace him with Rohit wasn't the wisest against possibly the best pace attack in the toughest of conditions. Rahul needs to be given a good run in LOIs as well. I don't blame him for Dhoni, unfortunately he has a massive lobby who will always vouch for him because of his status and 2011 WC heroics. Also, I don't think Karthik can be trusted with the gloves as evident in this test and from the dropped catches in the pre-series matches.

    Despite his selection blunders I would still take Kohli because he sets the right example and drives his players to set high standards. He plays to win and holds right attacking mindset needed to take 20 wickets, unlike Dhoni who was setting defensive fields outside Asia. Kohli's bowlers has seen India's pace attack come leaps and bounds and it is fair to say it now possesses one of the best pace attacks in world cricket.

    In contrast Sarfraz sets the worst example and has taken his captaincy as a self-serving privilege, which is why he has become a far less committed and disciplined in his training + diet habits because it's all so nice and cosy for him right now. He takes less responsibility with the bat nowadays in ODIs as well. As a result he's approaching tail ender status with the bat and at some point this has to stop. Best time to pull the plug off is after the world cup next year. I don't settle for mediocrity which is why I'll never be part of the hype circle on PP nor will I ever inflate achievements against B/C grade teams of Zimbawe, SL, WI et al.

    Sarfraz might be ahead with the trophy count for now but Kohli will leave him behind when he wins 2019 and/or 2023 WC. Sarfraz's place in the side will be untenable after next year.

  53. #133
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,515
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricVet View Post
    Sarfraz is always a thinking brain which only a troll is unable to understand. Sarfraz passion is kind of a double edged sword. He does overreact at times as in a gully cricket but it is a learning process and I have noticed that lately he has not been screaming as much��

    Sarfraz inherited a team ranked lowest among all the test playing nations. The past few captains had ruined the cricket with scare mongering leaving a defeatist mentality. Those captains were the cancers. One of those captains has been admired as 2nd Messiah of Pak cricket but in reality was without any vision or sense of direction. Sarfraz has injected positivity and fearlessness.

    Pakistan lags in international cricket experience but Sarfraz has lead them well competing with big dogs. A troll constantly mentions NZ and SL series. Oh well genius, those were his first ODI and test series. In the 2nd test series, he did well in England despites having a test with a combined test experience far less than Anderson himself. In NZ, Pak ODI 11 had experience less than some of their players.

    We have some tests series coming up and despite having not much experience, I am sure we will see a much improved side under Sarfraz.
    It is always funny to see people take an aggressive, condescending stance without checking facts, which results in nothing but embarrassment.

    The New Zealand ODI series was not his first ODI series as captain; his first ODI series vs against Sri Lanka in October/November, three months before the thrashing in New Zealand.

    Now that you have been informed, letís address the rest of the post:

    The team that played against New Zealand was more or less the team that won the Champions Trophy, and that is the whole point - a long series against a quality side tells you more than 3 matches against 3 different teams.

    The thrashing in New Zealand put a lot of things into perspective and exposed the weaknesses in this team.

    This Pakistan team is not good enough to beat a full strength Australia, England, India or New Zealand in an ODI series. It is easy to use hindsight and claim that we lacked experience in New Zealand etc. etc., but people that time were adamant that we will either win or lose a close series.

    I agree that Azhar was a poor captain, but we should not lose sight of the fact that he had to deal with some very tough fixtures unlike Sarfraz.

    We played 15 ODIs in over a year against England and Australia. How do you think the legendary Sarfraz would fare if he were to lead Pakistan in 15 ODIs against England and Australia in quick succession, considering the fact that his team were demolished in New Zealand, the only tough ODI series since the Champions Trophy?

    You can call me a troll or anything you want. I donít mind exchanging pleasantries. However, the least that I expect is for you to have the basic courtesy of quoting/mentioning me while addressing me, instead of ďslippingĒ a post in between so that you can avoid a direct discussion.

  54. #134
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    487
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One should also not forget Sarfraz's handling with Anwar Ali when Quetta Gladiators were knocked out in this year's PSL. His mannerisms and professionalism leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. He needs to focus on his game and his fat body % first before he goes out has a go at other players.

    It's not a healthy environment with him as skipper as his contributions with the bat and for the team cause (especially in LOIs lurking down the order when he can't hit) are zilch. Pakistan has to find another captain and wicket keeper after the world cup otherwise not only are his performances + antics going to get worse but it will turn sour and ugly.

  55. #135
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,064
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mamoon can't have it both ways, either our team is terrible and we're over performing thanks to his captaincy, and India are world class and are under performing under Kohli, or we're a good team and Sarfaraz isn't that good. Choose your poison

  56. #136
    Debut
    Jul 2005
    Runs
    1,616
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It is always funny to see people take an aggressive, condescending stance without checking facts, which results in nothing but embarrassment.

    The New Zealand ODI series was not his first ODI series as captain; his first ODI series vs against Sri Lanka in October/November, three months before the thrashing in New Zealand.

    Now that you have been informed, letís address the rest of the post:

    The team that played against New Zealand was more or less the team that won the Champions Trophy, and that is the whole point - a long series against a quality side tells you more than 3 matches against 3 different teams.

    The thrashing in New Zealand put a lot of things into perspective and exposed the weaknesses in this team.

    This Pakistan team is not good enough to beat a full strength Australia, England, India or New Zealand in an ODI series. It is easy to use hindsight and claim that we lacked experience in New Zealand etc. etc., but people that time were adamant that we will either win or lose a close series.

    I agree that Azhar was a poor captain, but we should not lose sight of the fact that he had to deal with some very tough fixtures unlike Sarfraz.

    We played 15 ODIs in over a year against England and Australia. How do you think the legendary Sarfraz would fare if he were to lead Pakistan in 15 ODIs against England and Australia in quick succession, considering the fact that his team were demolished in New Zealand, the only tough ODI series since the Champions Trophy?

    You can call me a troll or anything you want. I donít mind exchanging pleasantries. However, the least that I expect is for you to have the basic courtesy of quoting/mentioning me while addressing me, instead of ďslippingĒ a post in between so that you can avoid a direct discussion.
    I am not a stats guru so SL ODI series slipped thru my memory. Whether you admit or not, your dig at Pak victories under Sarfraz as FLUKE is no more than seeking attention. I don't have time to do it. Enjoy!

  57. #137
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,515
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricVet View Post
    I am not a stats guru so SL ODI series slipped thru my memory. Whether you admit or not, your dig at Pak victories under Sarfraz as FLUKE is no more than seeking attention. I don't have time to do it. Enjoy!
    Itís okay to be forgetful, but it is important to do some fact checking before coming on the front foot.

    Apart from the Champions Trophy, I havenít labeled any of the wins as fluke. I have clearly explained why his so-called success as captain is overstated because of playing minnows and weak opposition.

    Itís okay if you donít have time, as long as you donít quote my posts without actually quoting/mentioning me.

  58. #138
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    74,515
    Mentioned
    4709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    @Mamoon can't have it both ways, either our team is terrible and we're over performing thanks to his captaincy, and India are world class and are under performing under Kohli, or we're a good team and Sarfaraz isn't that good. Choose your poison
    We are not over-performing; we are simply winning matches against minnows and weak teams.

    Over-performing would have been winning the ODI series in New Zealand and/or the Test series in England.

    India is not really underperforming either. They are the number one Test team because they are more ruthless than anyone else at home, and they are very competitive away.

    If teams start whitewashing India at home, we can say that they are under-performing because of Kohliís captaincy. However, losing 2-1 in South Africa and losing a Test in England by 31 runs is not under-performing.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    1,481
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfaraz is much better tactically.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,064
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    We are not over-performing; we are simply winning matches against minnows and weak teams.

    Over-performing would have been winning the ODI series in New Zealand and/or the Test series in England.

    India is not really underperforming either. They are the number one Test team because they are more ruthless than anyone else at home, and they are very competitive away.

    If teams start whitewashing India at home, we can say that they are under-performing because of Kohli’s captaincy. However, losing 2-1 in South Africa and losing a Test in England by 31 runs is not under-performing.
    We won the first test, and since we're garbage, it is underperforming.

  61. #141
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Hermanus, South Africa
    Runs
    1,735
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry to say that Kohli is quite mediocre. His team's multiple IPL failures is a testament to just how far back it goes. He's too impulsive and rash. Perhaps some 'calm' would come with age?

  62. #142
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,431
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Sarfaraz would have won this test
    Just how he won the Test against SL chasing 130 odd?

  63. #143
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,482
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Just how he won the Test against SL chasing 130 odd?
    No just like he won the first test against England earlier in the summer.


    #Hum apko container deingaye dharnay ke liyay

  64. #144
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    4,431
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    No just like he won the first test against England earlier in the summer.
    The one in which is contribution was 9?

  65. #145
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    7,090
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You need to clarify the premises of your argument. Are you arguing that Kohli is a great captain or are you arguing that Sarfraz is a much better captain?

    I agree that Kohli is not a great captain. He needs to improve his selection policy and his captaincy has been average in the IPL. However, he is no Yousuf or Azhar either - the Test team has improved leaps and bounds under him. He is clearly a good captain but needs to improve in certain aspects.

    If you are giving Sarfraz credit for winning numerous matches against minnows and weak opposition (never mind the thrashing in New Zealand) perhaps you should also give Kohli some credit for their brilliant performances in Tests at home.

    They have won a series agains all the top class sides unlike Sarfrazís Pakistan, who were badly exposed in the only tough ODI series we have played since the Champions Trophy.

    As far as Dhoni is concerned, you need to understand that no one can force him out of the team as long as he wants to play. He is one of the biggest legends in history of Indian cricket and it is not easy for Kohli or anyone to tell him to go.

    Do you think Wasim would have had the guts to kick Imran out of the team if he wouldnít have retired in 92?

    Do you think Sarfraz would have had the guts to stand up to Dhoni if he was the captain of the Indian team? He doesnít even have the balls to stand up to Hafeez who is not even 10% the cricketer Dhoni is.

    As far as winning a tournament is concerned, Kohli has captained one tournament and he reached the final. One off day against Pakistan - the team that he trashed in the group stage - doesnít make him an inferior captain to Sarfraz.

    Sarftazís captaincy is very overstated. He is better than Misbah and Azhar (although he had the misfortune of playing 15 ODIs against Australia and England in less than a year), but he is not the tactical genius that he has been portrayed by our fans.

    Where was his captaincy against Sri Lanka in the UAE Tests and in the New Zealand ODIs?

    Even Azhar thrashed a weak Sri Lanka in an ODI series in 2015. Sarfraz is one of the luckiest captains in Pakistan history - no other captain has had the luxury of playing so many matches against so many minnows and so many weak opposition.

    Winning the Champions Trophy isnít the end of all - we have played one tough ODI series since and we were crushed.

    Pakistani fans are in dire need of a reality check. It appears that the embarrassment in New Zealand was not enough for some.

    Kohliís success as Test captain towers over Sarfrazís minnow bashing in ODIs (post Champions Trophy) and T20 streak against minnows and weakened opposition.
    Any unbiased person can see the fact the if you remove Kohli from captaincy and give it to let's say Rohit in shorter formats and Rahane in tests, the results are going to be the same. I will take those home wins with a grain of salt. Even SL has been demolishing teams at home. The only reason that Kohli is captain is because he is an automatic choice in all formats and he is so far ahead of his teammates that BCCI has no choice but to keep Kohli as captain. Ponting won far more than Kohli ever will but how many regard him as a top captain? Not all great batsmen are great captains. This is a simple concept which his blind fans fail to understand.

    Had Kohli not captained India, they would have still won all the series. Any team with Ashwin and Jadeja in those conditions would have won. You are giving too much credit to his captaincy. What happened to this great captain when a visiting team for the first time challenged his at home? Rahane showed in just one match that how overrated Kohli is as a captain. However, this has become a norm that if you say anything about Kohli, you will be labeled either delusional or biased.

    Sarfraz is a better captain than Kohli and it is not even up for debate. His team selection is much better and he has been grooming younger players much better. Hafeez did not get a single ODI in Zimbabwe. Your excuse for Kohli's support for Dhoni is useless. It is just not Dhoni. Kohli has consistently showed support for TTFs or has-beens. He has not allowed Rahul to settle because he keeps bringing back Jhadav, Karthik, Raina, etc. He brought back Gambhir of all people. He shamelessly tried to disturb the whole batting order by moving everyone to accommodate his friend Sharma.

    I think I have debated enough on this topic and thee is nothing else to write. Someone who is yet to win a tournament or a major test series outside home is getting too much credit for his captaincy. His fans are too blind to see his flaws:

    1. He was completely clueless in the CT final.
    2. He single handedly lost the SA test series due to his poor team selection.
    3. Indian middle order is not settled in any format. His teammates have lost confidence due to consistence droppings.
    4. He has systematically kept Rahul out of team to make room for his buddies.
    5. He is completely spineless to criticize Dhoni. He infact supports him shamelessly in every press conference.
    6. He is tactically very poor.

    The irony is that all the criticism for Sarfraz applies to Kohli more:

    1. Sarfraz plays his buddies (none of Asad, Azhar, Anwar, etc. are in the team). All of Kohli's buddies are always picked.

    2. Sarfraz was a dummy captain in PSL. He went to KP for guidance. This is actually true for Kohli who runs to Dhoni when the tough gets going.

    3. Sarfraz is spineless. That is why Hafeez has been dropped. Kohli on the other hand showers praises on Dhoni.

  66. #146
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    232
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarfraz scored a hundred in 2016 against Engalnd, at a crucial time. Sarfraz is country miles ahead of Virat Kohli as a captain

  67. #147
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    520
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is a better captain for sure. Sarfraz got whitewashed by Srilanka of all teams and that too at home

  68. #148
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    34,482
    Mentioned
    1573 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    The one in which is contribution was 9?
    Yeah... His captaincy won the match while Kohli's 200 runs couldn't.

  69. #149
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    1,196
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghar ki murghi daal baraabar.

  70. #150
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    24,638
    Mentioned
    1151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nasser Hussain questions Virat Kohli's captaincy in Edgbaston Test

    BIRMINGHAM: Former England captain Nasser Hussain said India skipper Virat Kohli was phenomenal with the bat in the first Test but questioned his captaincy, saying "he should too take some responsibility" for the 31-run loss.

    "Kohli was phenomenal in this game. He deserved to be on the winning side for the way he played with the tail. He single-handedly brought India back into the Test match. I do think he should take some of the responsibility for the loss, though," Hussain told Sky Sports.

    "England were 87/7 with Curran and Adil Rashid at the crease and for some reason Ravichandran Ashwin went out of the game for an hour. India lost control then - he needs to look back on his captaincy and say 'when I've got a bloke who averages 19 against left-handers and a 20-year-old left-hander on strike, why did I take him off?'" Hussain asked.
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/65273717.cms


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  71. #151
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by topspin View Post
    Right on the money here and it was something I mentioned during and after the Zimbabwe series. Pakistan is the only side out of the top 5-6 that doesn't seem to play a reserve keeper. Sarfraz is so past it with the bat, he has fallen well below international standard backup by the following:

    - His only notable batting display from 2017 onwards has been that innings against SL in the CT
    - His batting average has fallen from 50 to now 37 in the last 3 years
    - Hasn't scored a ton since 2014
    - He's put on a fair bit of weight and as a result has slowed down running between the wickets meaning his dot ball percentage in LOIs has increased vastly. At one point after the 2015 WC (around 2016), he along with ABD had the lowest dot ball % in ODIs. Hence why we don't see him bat at 4/5, he now lingers down the order without taking any responsibility.

    The bottom line is Sarfraz has become laid back and lazy with no care in the world about his work ethic especially with his shape and fitness. For this reason alone, he is not fit to be Pakistan captain after 2019 WC. In tests needs to be discarded immediately, so someone else can develop. For minnow bashing LOI series the reserve keeper(s) needs to be given chances, so they will be ready when Sarfraz's time is up because the reality is it is coming soon.

    The likes of Odd one (fitting name I suppose) and co are not well versed on cricket as they try to make out to be.

    There is no agenda against Safraz - his regression as a batsman, fitness and work ethic doesn't leave much to be desired. Instead of leading by example, he has been a poor role model for the younger guys. Thank God we have Mickey as coach otherwise who knows what would happen under his leadership.

    Good points. Another point to add his attitude towards fitness doesn't set a good example for younger players coming through. They will think if the captain can be that unfit and get away with it, why can't we ?

  72. #152
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Amla is garbage now. AB and Smith don't play. The other 4 are good though.

    Lol all 3 are still active cricketers and have played top knocks against spin that Sarfraz can never play in his life time.

  73. #153
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Notice I didn’t say batting.

    Only captaincy.

    He’s been the most successful T20 captain, won you an ODI trophy after twenty-five years and just drew a series in May-time England with more than half the side never having played there before.

    I suggest you stick to worshipping Kohli’s bat and not his captaincy hat.

    Said he is a good leader but he's an average player which is clear to see.

    Future cricketers will look up to Kohli, no one will look up to Sarfraz as an example in the future.

  74. #154
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    It’s hard to be the best captain in the team when your team has Dhoni. Would Sarfraz be the best captain in the team in his presence? Of course not.

    As far as giving opportunities to youngsters are concerned, Kohli inherited a settled team while Sarfraz inherited an unsettled one. Giving chances to young players is not a big deal when your team is out of sorts.

    However, Kohli has given opportunities to young players whenever there has been an opening. Pandya has become a regular in his captaincy, he booted Ashwin and Jadeja out of the Limited Overs teams and the likes of Pant etc. have been given chances in T20s.

    The only negative point so far has been the mishandling of KL Rahul, who gets a very short end of the stick and is always on the brink of getting dropped harshly.
    Bumrah,Chahal,and Kuldeep have improved under Kohli.

  75. #155
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    20,900
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many great captains didn't lead through their own performances? Most good captains lead through their own performances. Sarfraz has been rubbish with the bat and gloves for a while. His tactical nouse is so ovverated on this forum. When you have Azhar and Misbah as predecessors obviously you are going to look like a tactical genius after them.

  76. #156
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,952
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Said he is a good leader but he's an average player which is clear to see.

    Future cricketers will look up to Kohli, no one will look up to Sarfraz as an example in the future.
    I agree with your points but this is a thread strictly on whoís the better captain.

    And when commenting on that comparison, Sarfraz wins hands down. Does not mean heís a better cricketer or role model but simply a better cricketing leader.

  77. #157
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    3,952
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    How many great captains didn't lead through their own performances? Most good captains lead through their own performances. Sarfraz has been rubbish with the bat and gloves for a while. His tactical nouse is so ovverated on this forum. When you have Azhar and Misbah as predecessors obviously you are going to look like a tactical genius after them.
    Misbah was actually very astute but lacked the presence of mind and courage to take risks.

    It was most likely a defense mechanism from his early days seeing Pakistani Legends collapsing like a deck of cards.

  78. #158
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    911
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricVet View Post
    Come back when you AT LEAST tie the series in eng. LoL lowly. Your mahaan bhaarat team is worse than pathetic lowly in over seas test cricket. You wanna discuss more, join the thread for our overseas record.

    By the way, Pak as a country let alone cricket, has gone thru its worst phase in past few decades and even then we have maintained the best overseas test record. Your better hope your soormas won't embarrass you in England. Tata.
    You got whitewashed at home to Srilanka 2-0 and we whitewashed them at their home by 3-0.

  79. #159
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    11,552
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol all 3 are still active cricketers and have played top knocks against spin that Sarfraz can never play in his life time.
    Key word being "have," meaning they've done it before, but can't do it again if required.

    How about his 96(86) at Galle against Herath and Perera which took Pakistan to 400?

    I know you're not a fan of Sarf fsr but you're definitely wrong here.

  80. #160
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    911
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    I agree with your points but this is a thread strictly on who’s the better captain.

    And when commenting on that comparison, Sarfraz wins hands down. Does not mean he’s a better cricketer or role model but simply a better cricketing leader.
    Based on what? Where were his leadership skills when you were brutally whitewashed by a team like Srilanka at your own home?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •