Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"This is the best bowling combination I've worked with since becoming bowling coach" : Azhar Mahmood

"Our preparations are coming along very well"

"The players have good morale and we expect play a good game in the final"

"Amir bowled today and is fit but we haven't decided on the final XI yet"

"When Amir was unfit in last match, everyone thought we would be in trouble as we were missing our main strike bowler"

"But Rumman came in and proved everyone wrong so we have great bench strength"

"It's just a matter of self-belief and anyone can replace another"

"It's taken us six months to improve our bowlers (under my watch) and there is still things that can be improved"

"I had given them the same game plan before but the boys have taken on extra responsibility this time and done the job"

"The Oval pitch looks dry and this could be a high-scoring game"

"The warmer the weather is on Sunday, the better it will be for both sub-continental teams"

"We will play positive cricket in the final"

"We were criticized for our mistakes in the previous India game"

"The fact is that when you drop catches of Yuvi and Kohli then they can take the game away from you"

"There is no pressure on us, we will play this just like any other game"

"We had plans for Indian batsmen in the first game as well but we did not execute our plans well"

"We have to make sure we execute our plans and take those half-chances; if we do that, then the result will be in our favour"

"Hasan Ali is one of the best bowlers in the Pakistan line-up"

"Hasan Ali is a wicket-taker and he is coming into the middle period of the innings and taking wickets"

"Now we have an attacking option in the middle period and not just at the start of the innings"

"The Oval suits us better as the weather is warmer here than Cardiff/Edgbaston"

"We just have to play good cricket, regardless of win or loss"

"Indian have an upper hand in wins in ICC tournaments but this the time when we can change the trend"

"An India-Pakistan match is never a dull game and it's also an ICC tournament final"

"The team which can handle the pressure will win and our boys have nothing to lose so they will play well"

"Everyone is talking about India as favourite but I can tell you one thing that we will have a great game"

"It won't be a shock if we win the final based on the way we have beem playing our cricket recently"

"We are here to win this game and that's why we are here"

"India and Pakistan game is bigger than the Ashes"

"We want to change the unpredictable tag as it seems when we are good, we are very good and when we are bad, we are really bad!"

"Winning here will mean a lot as we have not been playing cricket at home and also we were 8th ranked in ODIs"

"If we can win the trophy, it will be a great gift to the nation and also great for this young side"

"Surrey is my second home and yes, one can say I have home advantage and I will advise the boys about what to do but in the end it is upto the bowlers to execute those plans"

"This is the best bowling combination I have worked with since becoming bowling coach of Pakistan"

"Amir bowled today but we haven't decided on final combo; Rumman Raees or Amir, it doesn't matter as long as Rumman is a quality bowler"

"Undoubtedly India have great group of batsmen but if we bowl according to our plans then we only need 10 good balls"

"When you go into the final, you want your best bowler to be fit; if he has any doubt, then he will come to us and let us know"

"We will definitely go with Amir if he is fully fit but if he is not then we have to move on"

"The reason bowlers are giving me credit is because I am friendly with them and have also been a bowler myself so I understand their problems"

"Sometimes I tell them to not make some of the mistakes I made whilst bowling"

"I tell them to bowl with the intent of taking a wicket and not worry about if someone like Kohli will hit you for a six"

"Hasan Ali is fully fit and fine; he just had a niggle in the calf but that is not a problem"
    Last edited by idrizzy; 16th June 2017 at 15:43.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I swear Pakistanis need to stop hyping the Ind vs Pak games, Indians treat it normally, play the game, win the game and go gloat about it afterwards.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    "We will definitely go with Amir if he is fully fit but if he is not then we have to move on"
    Well that would answer one of the selection dilemmas.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He doesn't get enough credit imo

Hope he continues as bowling coach for a while. Don't see any better candidate

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Didn't get the Amir part, first he says we haven't decided the final combo and he wasn't sure if Amir or Raees plays and then he goes on to say Amir will definatley play if fully fit

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    I swear Pakistanis need to stop hyping the Ind vs Pak games, Indians treat it normally, play the game, win the game and go gloat about it afterwards.
    Completely agree with you . Already statements from Azhar Mahmood, azhar ali and Hassan ali. Not a word from india. We all know what this will lead to.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work from Azhar really. Needs to keep it up

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkyawar View Post
    Completely agree with you . Already statements from Azhar Mahmood, azhar ali and Hassan ali. Not a word from india. We all know what this will lead to.
    burma give a statements u find on pp

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    Indian's Hype it as much as Pakistani. The thing is that Indians have far superior Mental balance
    If anyone Feels that Indian's Public or Cricketers are taking them in normal manner you are living in
    fools paradise

Pakistan batsmen have been Know to Crack under pressure and they do so more against Indian Team

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letme alone View Post
    burma give a statements u find on pp
    yeah nobody seems to remember burma's statements. Selective memory.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team for the final :

Fakkar
    Azhar
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Haris
    Sarfaraz
    Malik
    Faheem
    Amir/Rumman
    Junaid
    Hassan

In this tournament, changing XI, has worked very well for us; we have 3 imminent changes to make. Imad & Shadab swap them with Haris & Faheem; Amir/Rumman any one can play..If pitch supports spinners then Hafeez, malik and Azhar can bowl (and they are good spinners).

Imad is still a good spin bowler but he definitely will be under pressure and may overdo few things after that thrashing by India.

Expecting Hafeez, Malik, Faheem, Haris and Azhar to complete 20-28 overs
    And 22-30 overs to be completed by our pacers..

Amir is needed more so for his batting than his bowling...Not sure how Rumman bats.
    Wicket is a road and small boundaries.. even mishits will go for 6, & with fresh drop in pitch, nature of pitch does not change in second innings, which we have seen in era of 90s and 2000s; so winning and losing toss will not be uch difference as long as team has ability.

Unlike 1st game, India will be cautious this time and their openers will play slower than the first time. For me biggest worry is our fielding, which makes us dispirited. You can not afford to drop anyone in the field.

Rohit
    Dhawan
    Virat
    are the only key batsman India have
    UV : was jittery in first game as well
    MS : for last few years he has started playing slowly
    Pandya/Jadhav -- these are hits and miss players..

Last 10 overs.. slow bowls outside off, what Malinga did to them in 2014 T20 WC...Indian batsman are momentum players.. if you feed them easy boundaries.. they become more dangerous. attacking them with bouncers/slower ones/yorkers and good length will trouble them a lot..They thrash monotonous bowling lengths.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just see Indian Media how they are reacting on Pakistan these are the words from Ravi Shastri " This is not the same Pakistani team you are facing in final so becareful forget about the first match"

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    Just see Indian Media how they are reacting on Pakistan these are the words from Ravi Shastri " This is not the same Pakistani team you are facing in final so becareful forget about the first match"
    Ganguly said, "Pakistan main dum hi nahi hai. It'll be a one sided game"

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Azhar Mahmood has all the coaching certificates in England compared to Waqar who has been given the job on a platter each time.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well done Azhar you deserves credit for improvement in pak bowling

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    i am getting vibe of 2012 series

i hope pak bowling blew india batting

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkyawar View Post
    What do you mean not a word from Indians? Didn't Bumrah and Kohli issue statements? Haven't Bhajji, Saurav and Liquid Form spewing filth since the time it was confirmed that India will play final????

Don't shoot from hip.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Lol!!!! your very Own Dada said in semi-final during commentary I hope Pakistan performance will decline from here as they probably will be face India in Final

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to drop imad for aamir

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mention of Fahim Ashraf, we need his big hitting. It is best we play 4 pacer(with Fahim included) and 1 spinner plus Hafeez.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We mostly have a decent to brilliant bowling attack. It is the batting that is always our major concern when we lose a few quick wickets. Things are looking up after Wahab left the team. As much as I like Faheem can only see him playing at the expense of Imad that may not be a bad move. Have to keep the Junaid, Amir, Shadab and Hasan bowling combo.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Didn't get the Amir part, first he says we haven't decided the final combo and he wasn't sure if Amir or Raees plays and then he goes on to say Amir will definatley play if fully fit
    From what I heard, he said that Amir only bowled today but if he turns around and says he is not feeling well, they wont risk him

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    so waqar was doing nothing

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif321 View Post
    so waqar was doing nothing
    Pretty much. Not even domestic grade coach like most Pakistani coaches.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar has done a brilliant job with the bowlers.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's @Slog for Waqar's defense?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Waqar is actually a very good bowling coach. Don't confuse it with his tactical flaws as head coach.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Waqar is actually a very good bowling coach. Don't confuse it with his tactical flaws as head coach.
    Do you think Azhar is doing a better job?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Do you think Azhar is doing a better job?
    Azhar has been very good but like Waqar he's making the mistake of not identifying domestic bowlers personally. Can't rely on Inzi who's a chump.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dropping Rumman for Amir would a big blunder by Azhar Mehmood and management

Rumman has performed better than Amir

amir cannot take wickets and cannot bowl good death overs and is also injury prone

Rumman can take wickets and can also bowl very good death overs and is not injury prone

cannot risk amir departing in the middle of the match and not complete his quota as well
    Last edited by Macho Mann; 16th June 2017 at 21:27.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Raees any good with the bat if needed? We know Amir can be very useful as seen versus Sri Lanka.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Azhar has been very good but like Waqar he's making the mistake of not identifying domestic bowlers personally. Can't rely on Inzi who's a chump.
    @Chief Destroyer You've got solid point there. Ideally bowling coach should be very much involved into selection of new bowlers and also identifying upcoming ones. Azhar should also keep an eye on U19 boys.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring them on.
    Last edited by kaifmazhar; 17th June 2017 at 00:21. Reason: Spelling

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    What a tribute from the coach to his pupils!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter