Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

"Eid has come early for Pakistanis" : Mickey Arthur

"I had 5 semi-finals and never won anything with S Africa. Here I am winning Champions Trophy with Pakistan"

"Eid has come early for Pakistanis"

"this is a massive boost for the nation of Pakistan after what they have been through"

Q. On behalf of the team, has the Eid come early for the team, especially through this victory?

MICKEY ARTHUR:
    Yeah, I suppose it has.

Q. Mickey, you have been a coach of quite a few nations, South Africa and Australia. Is this your biggest achievement as a coach?

MICKEY ARTHUR:
    Yeah, look, certainly, yeah, certainly it's not about me and my career, it's about 15 unbelievable players in that dressing room who have been absolutely fantastic for the last year. So that's what it should be about. But it is, you know, it really is. I've had -- I was telling somebody the other day that I've had five semifinals with South Africa and never got to a final. I got to one final with Pakistan and eventually got a medal. So that's fantastic. But the credit goes to the players. They've been brilliant, and my fellow coaching staff and management team have been fantastic, as well.

Q. Mickey, obviously you've got a number of match winners and heroes in your side, but can you just give us a word on Mohammad Amir, who missed the semifinal, obviously has had his trials and tribulations but has delivered on the biggest stage in those final with those wickets at the start of his spell, just a word on your impressions of that?

MICKEY ARTHUR:
    Well, look, we spoke about it actually in the team meeting. We thought that -- I think I said it yesterday, if we could get amongst the Indian top order early we could probably expose the middle order that hadn't batted a fair amount, and Amir was the guy that could do that for us. I think -- guys were talking in the first two games, he didn't get a wicket but he had bowled particularly well. We were always thinking it was one spell in somewhere, and the spell came thankfully today at the start of a final. We put India on the back foot and certainly gave us upper hand.

Q. Mickey, you came into this tournament ranked eighthth, got smashed in the first game and then you were sort of very passionate that day in the press conference. Can you walk us through that turnaround and how it feels now?

MICKEY ARTHUR:
    Oh, it sort of feels surreal really, to be honest. But the thing about that loss, and I think we clarified it at that time, was we knew that was an aberration. It wasn't the norm because we had prepared properly. We had prepared really well. You know, we knew the calibre of players we had. We knew what their abilities were, and that certainly wasn't what we had trained for, and we didn't play to nowhere near our ability. So we just had to keep believing and keep them trusting the techniques and keep them trusting their game plan and keep them trusting their roles, and that's why I say I'm incredibly proud of that dressing room because they did that. They kept on believing, they kept on trusting their roles, they kept on trusting the game plan that Saffy and I had set up. They trusted that, and that was the most important thing. And it was one or two personnel changes, they brought in a little bit of a breath of fresh air, and I think, again, the younger players that have come into the setup have been fantastic because they've both been a breath of fresh air, and they've played the fielder's brand of cricket that we want to play. So it's been great.

Q. Mickey, what happened between the time after India's defeat and before the start of this game? What did you do to these guys to have such a remarkable comeback?

MICKEY ARTHUR:
    To be honest not a hell of a lot. We had some good, hard conversations, but we didn't train any more or -- because we knew the base had been done. All that had been put in place. If we had tried to train any more, we would have -- as a coaching staff, would have been seemed to be panicking, and that's the last thing you want to do in those situations. We trusted the players. We trusted what we had put in place, but we had some good honest conversation. We had some conversation about stepping up, had conversation about standing up to our position. And the players almost drove that conversation, which for us was very new, but also showed a maturity, and the way they turned it around was unbelievable.

Q. Mickey, you spoke about Amir, but what does it say about his personality that he's been able to bowl at this level, perform like this after everything he's been through in his career?

MICKEY ARTHUR:
    Oh, look, it says a lot about his personality. I think we've been through all that before. But what I do know is that Mohammad Amir, he's a big match player. I do know that when the game is on the line and the bigger the game, the more he performs, the more amped up he gets, so he doesn't shy away from pressure situations. He doesn't shy away from big games. He's got proper big match temperament, and he showed that today on the biggest stage.

Q. Mickey, you are in the know of how Pakistan has been suffering not being able to play at home for the last eight years, kids not being able to watch their own players before their eyes, so how big a boost this win will be for the Pakistan cricket?

MICKEY ARTHUR:
    Oh, look, I think it'll be massive. I really do. I hope that -- and I'm sure that the nation of Pakistan is really happy tonightbecause they deserve it. For what they've been through, for what -- you talk about our players not playing at home. But also the fans not identifying with heroes because they just don't see international cricket. That's massive for the country. So let's hope that this really kick-starts that momentum in Pakistan again.

Q. Sarfraz has just said that he hopes this might be a way that teams come and play in Pakistan. Are you picking up any vibes that that might be feasible in the reasonable near future?

MICKEY ARTHUR:
    We have so. We're scheduled to have a World 11 in Pakistan in September for three Twenty20 games. So hopefully that starts paving the way for future tours. We can only hope.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 19th June 2017 at 02:22.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Mickey you legend! love him so much!

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Excellent.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Really pleased for Mickey, I've loved listening to his interviews from day one. Great to see the talk being backed up with results now. Hopefully that will take the pressure off now and we can let him get on with doing the job because there's no one better for Pakistan right now.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed it has!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Mickey seems to be an avid PP reader.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the coach we needed imo

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's hope that this is official because it means I don't have to play another game while fasting.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mickey has been truly inspirational.

Pakistan's biggest win after the 1992 WC... Coincidentally both wins have come during Ramadan.

Once again congrats guys.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mickey talks like he knows what he's doing. Good Job!

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eid mubarak to all ;)

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just the right man for the right job. Both Sarfraz and mickey.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey is the coach we've been waiting for so long. Finally after the 09 T20 win, 8 years on we can rejoice as the ultimate underdogs.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a coach. Has changed our fortunes in LO.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mickey deserves his due for this excellent campaign.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Really pleased for Mickey, I've loved listening to his interviews from day one. Great to see the talk being backed up with results now. Hopefully that will take the pressure off now and we can let him get on with doing the job because there's no one better for Pakistan right now.
    Well said. Here's to a brighter future!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Love this guy to bits.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    A superb coach, backed him from day one. He has whipped this team into shape well.

In Arthur-Sarfraz we trust.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Love this coach

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Mickey did say at the start of the tourney that "we're not at the Champions Trophy just to make up the numbers!"

He was spot on.
    Arise, Sir Mickey

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Que grande que eres Micky!

Gracias Capitán, gracias Míster!

You guys are the best. Thanks to both of you!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 SF for Mickey?

Happy for him indeed.

Top from Pk. I said at the time that I am jealous in a good way. Hope we win something one day.

Pak are a top team, better than us.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Top coach and full credit to him..

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full credit to him. Never thought this would happen in our lifetime

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey for president.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur has been a god-send for Pakistan. Hopefully the passion, dedication & spirit he instilled into the team, will put all the nay-Sayers to bed. He's doing a fantastic job, hopefully Mickey goes on to take Pakistan to new heights!
    #BleedGreen
    #FathersDay ;)
    Last edited by Tommo; 18th June 2017 at 19:35.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eid Mubarak to all Pakistanis for celebrating Eid early

Unfortunately we South Africans will have to wait a while before we celebrate Eid

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Eid Mubarak everyone!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    959 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the greatest coaches in our history?

I became a fan of his when he sent back Akmal and picked up the team after the humiliation of the first match.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eid mubarak. This is the best gift any Pak fan could ask for

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey is a total legend! Such a humble person, you can tell the entire squad has great respect for him and vice versa. I genuinely believe if he stays on, Pakistan could repeat something similar in the coming World Cup. The man is a genius!

P.S. I think the current coaching staff are all doing an amazing job, couldn't thank them enough. Now take to the streets folks and celebrate the win!
    Last edited by Tommo; 18th June 2017 at 20:18.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always said thank you PCB for making Mickey the great our coach. Well done sir and well done Sarfraz. Now lets focus and start the work for 2019. UK suits us for world event and Inshallah we will win WC.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Grant Flower still our batting coach? Remember him getting a fair bit of cop for our miserable limited overs performances under Waqar.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubted his tactics and strategy after the tournament opener, but the kick-up-the-bum he got afterwards drove him into selecting the right players and be ruthless with it. Great to see him finally walk the talk now. Need him to continue revolutionising by never picking the expired horses like wahab riaz in ODI's again.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love how emotional and into the moment Mickey is, he is well and truly earned to coach this team till the next world cup and beyond.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has had his share of negatives, like his feud with Sohail Khan, or persisting with Wahab or dropping Sami Aslam from test squad, but he's done some great things for Pakistan cricket, not least getting it rid of Akmal gang!

Thank you Mickey! This trophy does owe itself to you (and other coaching staff as well, including Azhar Mehmood)

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk how do you rate the performances of Mickey and Azhar Mehmood this 1 year?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I while for Eid yet. Oval mubarak to every Pak fan!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^^

Daryl Hair Mubarak!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top coach. His mix with Sarfaraz is perfect...can have a long future together.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We gave some of our clutch genes to Mickey.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to team Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gamer007 View Post
    Top coach and full credit to him..
    Travelling back from the game yesterday, bumped into quite a lot of Indian fans, they were all gracious, sporting and a lot of fun.
    A bit like you big_game007

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Congrats to the coach,did a good job and PCT looks very deadly and hopefully they keep it consistent.

Hoping Akmals,Sehzzy,Wahab don't return again unless with utmost fitness and form.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    One of the great things I hope this win does is given more credibility and decision making power to Mickey and Sarfraz

I hope to see more decisions like sending the unfit Umar Akmal back to Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing that has happened for Pakistan Cricket along with Sarfaraz.

Love the way he seems invested in our team. Love the way he celebrates. If he stays on with this team till World Cup '19 and is taken aboard in all important decisions, this team is destined for greater achievements.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    One of the great things I hope this win does is given more credibility and decision making power to Mickey and Sarfraz

I hope to see more decisions like sending the unfit Umar Akmal back to Pakistan
    Very true. I was also of the opinion that since both are still finding their feet, they can't take any drastic decision w.r.t team selection. I believe they'll have considerable say in selection matters now.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I remember his interview when he first got his coaching job for Pakistan and was asked how he would tackle coaching one of the most difficult jobs in the world which consists of politics and whatnot; the guy literally said he's ready for that challenge and would be tough on the players. Mickey then used the Eng ODI series last year as a litmus test and changed the brand of our cricket and eventually won us the CT 2017, he deserves credit for what he's done for our team and goes to show that foreign coaches are the way forward!

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading through this interview, I wonder how is it possible that he was jobless when PCT (or say Karachi Kings) started it's search for a head coach. He is from that elite group for which their next job is booked well in advance.

Never was he supposed to be jobless.

They haven't​ played even a final at PSL, yet somewhere and somehow Karachi Kings has brought home a CT for Pakistan. Trust PCB, If not for Karachi Kings, MA wouldn't have been at PCT.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Him and Woolmer are the two best coaches Pakistan ever had.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Congrats to the coach,did a good job and PCT looks very deadly and hopefully they keep it consistent.

Hoping Akmals,Sehzzy,Wahab don't return again unless with utmost fitness and form.
    Lol at consistent. It is very much possible that we lose our next series, lmao.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Lol at consistent. It is very much possible that we lose our next series, lmao.
    Would be a blessing in disguise, We can finally get rid of Deadwood.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Eid Mubarak to Mickey for bringing us this gift!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Three Eids this year.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Three Eids this year.
    three?

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    three?
    Eid-al-Fitr, Eid-al-Adha and the Eid last Sunday on the 18th.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

I became a fan of his when he sent back Akmal and picked up the team after the humiliation of the first match.
    Hah, not before slitting your wrists and talking smack about him after every loss of ours. #bandwagon

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Eid-al-Fitr, Eid-al-Adha and the Eid last Sunday on the 18th.
    Oh ok, thinking far into future we are!

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Been over a week. Still on cloud 9

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhenSultansBowled View Post
    Been over a week. Still on cloud 9
    And we should stay there - what a wonderful achievement.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Really ? Then what was this gem:

So somewhere in the Pakistan thick tank they sat down and had a full on strategy discussion with white boards and markers and they came up with the brilliant plan of replacing Shehzad with Fakhar to resolve all our batting woes. Mashallah. The other change is a forced one, I'm pretty sure Mickey would have still played Wahab if he wasn't unavailable.

How do they expect a debutante to walk in and fix our batting which struggled to even reach 200 in the last match? The definition of insanity by Einstein comes to mind.

Yet we still have posters like @Markhor who think Mickey is the best thing to happen to Pakistan cricket since the 92 WC.
    Arthur then goes on to lead Pakistan to their best moment since 92 WC...

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    A professional coach will eventually shine if he is given the right environment to operate in. We wasted too much time with Waqar.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    A professional coach will eventually shine if he is given the right environment to operate in. We wasted too much time with Waqar.
    But he helped us get the mace for first time in our history
    @Slog

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Slog
    Yes by not touring Australia, England and South Africa. He was lucky to severe his ties with the PCB just before our overseas tours cycle.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Yes by not touring Australia, England and South Africa. He was lucky to severe his ties with the PCB just before our overseas tours cycle.
    His efforts resulted in us drawing level in England which enabled our no.1 ranking in addition to the undefeated record in neutral fortress UAE

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    His efforts resulted in us drawing level in England which enabled our no.1 ranking in addition to the undefeated record in neutral fortress UAE
    That was a fluke. England had an unsettled top-order of Hales, Vince and Ballance, and were marred with injuries as well. Stokes only played one match, and Anderson wasn't fully fit as well.

We also got lucky with the weather unlike Sri Lanka, who played in much tougher batting conditions in May. It was a one-off affair and it won't be wise to draw any serious conclusions from that series.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    That was not a fluke. England had a settled top-order. Stokes only played one match but there was Woakes, and Anderson wasn't fully fit but there was Woakes once again, England are invincible at home and were lucky to win at Edgbaston, however it had been over a decade since anyone drew a 5 match series level and you need to play well to achieve such a feat.

We also did not get lucky with the weather and won more sessions then England during the series. It was a one-off affair because England were lucky to escape with a drawn series. It would be wise to draw conclusions which include Pakistan's monumental record over England, humiliating them home and away whilst being unbeaten in the UAE enabling a no.1 ranking. Also, Thanks to Waqar Younis.
    I agree
    Last edited by shaz619; 26th June 2017 at 12:10.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Slog
    Wasn't Mickey coach during the England series?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree
    Very welled played. Ultimate level of trolling!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I agree
    Sure.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    That England series draw was under Arthur not Waqar.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    That England series draw was under Arthur not Waqar.
    Why did Arther thank Waqar for his hard work then after levelling with England in England ?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sure.
    Anyhow how can you give Mickey any credit for us leveling when we did it based on pure luck as it is based on your assesment, so in your world Arther succeeded only due to divine intervention. Or do you believe Waqar was responsible for the divine intervention in England

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Wasn't Mickey coach during the England series?
    No, it was chacha cricket

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it was chacha cricket
    It was you who said Waqar was coach so show some humility.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Anyhow how can you give Mickey any credit for us leveling when we did it based on pure luck as it is based on your assesment, so in your world Arther succeeded only due to divine intervention. Or do you believe Waqar was responsible for the divine intervention in England
    I am not giving either Arthur or Waqar credit for that England series. We punched above our weight due to the said reasons and hence it was not a true reflection of our strengths and weaknesses as a team. I give Arthur credit because in quick time, he has made some important tactical moves and has shown that he has a good plan in my mind for the team. Waqar had no idea where he wanted to take the team apart from focusing on fitness and having catfights with Shehzad, Umar and Afridi.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kudos to the Pakistani team and Mickey. At the beginning of the tournament he said they came to win, and they did though few (including me) thought that was possible. Got to respect performance.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I am not giving either Arthur or Waqar credit for that England series. We punched above our weight due to the said reasons and hence it was not a true reflection of our strengths and weaknesses as a team. I give Arthur credit because in quick time, he has made some important tactical moves and has shown that he has a good plan in my mind for the team. Waqar had no idea where he wanted to take the team apart from focusing on fitness and having catfights with Shehzad, Umar and Afridi.
    Okay who do you feel was more influential in the England series Test result beyond the reasons you state, Coach Mickey Arther or Coach Waqar; if you had to pick one..

Also, who was more influential with regards to fortress undefeated streak
    Last edited by shaz619; 26th June 2017 at 16:16.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Okay who do you feel was more influential in the England series Test result beyond the reasons you state, Coach Mickey Arther or Coach Waqar; if you had to pick one..

Also, who was more influential with regards to fortress undefeated streak
    Arthur made Azhar Ali our permanent Test opener and took the long overdue decision to promote Asad Shafiq. Arthur introduced Sami Aslam and Sohail Khan who were rotting on the sidelines under Waqar and those two made a huge difference on that England tour.

Arthur had no qualms in dropping a senior player like Mohammad Hafeez when it was clear he was a sitting duck against the Dukes ball outside Asia.

As for undefeated UAE streak - we all know Test team has been Misbah's baby. Even under tea drinker extraordinaire Mohsin Khan we beat England 3-0 in UAE. The tactics have remained the same regardless of coach - play attritional cricket, grind the opposition down by putting up big scores and attacking with spin.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Arthur made Azhar Ali our permanent Test opener and took the long overdue decision to promote Asad Shafiq. Arthur introduced Sami Aslam and Sohail Khan who were rotting on the sidelines under Waqar and those two made a huge difference on that England tour.

Arthur had no qualms in dropping a senior player like Mohammad Hafeez when it was clear he was a sitting duck against the Dukes ball outside Asia.

As for undefeated UAE streak - we all know Test team has been Misbah's baby. Even under tea drinker extraordinaire Mohsin Khan we beat England 3-0 in UAE. The tactics have remained the same regardless of coach - play attritional cricket, grind the opposition down by putting up big scores and attacking with spin.
    Sohail was injured after the World cup bhai jaan.. he became a part under Waqar's tenure of the World cup 2015

Azhar played as an opener under Waqar vs England

Shan Masood made 178 and which is why he was persisted. However it was Waqar who tried to remove the cancer of Shehzad and Akmal from our side, but they came back under Mickey.

Also Mickey is credited for losing us a Test Match to the West Indies side in home conditions (UAE), a defeat that didn't happen for 2 years in Waqar's tenure since 2014 NZ in Test Matches