Instagram


Indoor Big Bash

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 38 of 38
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    14,150
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    "The kind of confidence Fakhar Zaman has shown has been absolutely remarkable" : Misbah-ul-Haq

    Misbah speaking on TV after Pakistan's Champions Trophy win:

    "Bit lucky but full credit to the team, the captain and the management. The way they fought back after the first game and then they were there to take the Indians on from the start today. Their body language showed that they were there to win and they made things happen. We have found a nucleus of young players who've been stars of this tournament. They've won some great matches against top sides. So happy and all Pakistan cricket fans will be loving this."

    "There's nothing bigger than winning a final against India, Pakistan had been struggling in ICC events for some time."

    "The biggest cause for happiness is that the new captain with an inexperienced team and young players have led Pakistan to this victory."

    "Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Shadab Khan, they've played domestic cricket but PSL played a major role in their development as players. The exposure they got has helped them."

    "Passion for cricket is there, there are a lot of players in domestic cricket. But I believe you need a bigger stage to become competitive. That's what PSL is giving Pak cricket, youngsters are getting into PSL and there they get ready for the big stage. That's where India is ahead of the other countries but now I think we are getting there."

    "It's important for any team to get wickets up front, not just against India. Pakistan got the initiative with a very good start but India never got that chance, they were on the back foot but they never recovered."

    "What Pakistan was missing was there wasn't any X-Factor in the middle overs but Pakistan suddenly have Hasan Ali, he's taking wickets against the top sides and it gives confidence to the rest of the team."

    "The biggest thing I've seen in Hasan Ali is his self-belief and fighting spirit. He wants to improve and take on responsibility. Such players don't get satisfied with one performance. He got better in each game. I think he has become quite a bit stronger since he came to international cricket, but I have hope he will get better and better because he has a fantastic attitude towards cricket."

    "I've noticed in PSL also that Shadab always wanted to be involved in tough moments, that's the type of attitude and confidence you need in youngsters. That's why I support these type of cricketers, the ones who have character and temperament to perform on the big stage."

    "Without the exposure at PSL, I don't think the players can get the taste of playing in front of so many players under pressure. This comes naturally to some players and they need only a few matches to adapt. Some of them proved after playing just one season of PSL that they can become world beaters."

    "Fakhar is much needed for Pakistan, we needed that type of batsman at the top. The kind of confidence he's shown has been absolutely remarkable. Pakistan were under pressure when he came into the side and he took on the might South African attack and just blasted them. The next two games, fifties and now in the final against India, the kind of pressure he absorbed showed maturity. Once he got a life on a no-ball, he batted so well and took calculated risks. The way he batted against Jadeja and Ashwin shows he's a smart batsman."

    "Azhar Mahmood is doing a lot of work with the bowlers, they're doing several drills and he's working on their actions, alignments. Their lengths and follow-throughs are improving. Sometimes the improvements don't show but look at the way the fast bowlers have bowled under pressure; that shows how much work has been done on them and Azhar Mahmood deserves credit for that."

    "Hafeez's knock against England gave him a bit of confidence and it paid off today. You need such experienced players in the side also."

    "We need to improve our fitness and batting skills and bring consistency to our game. In such tournaments or to become #1, batting needs to be consistent. We won the tournament but we still need to keep improving."

    "We shouldn't say that since we've won, everything is fine. The infrastructure needs to improve so that these type of players are produced more often."
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 19th June 2017 at 03:33.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    289
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez playing that knock probably meant more to Misbah than Pakistan winning the Champions Trophy.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbha never gave anyone chance in top order who could score faster then him.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,609
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't wanna continue criticizing him but he did so much damage to Pakistan's ODI cricket that it's hard not to. Just stop commenting on this, Misbah. It comes across as hypocritical.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    539
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Misbah was captain, he would've played his favorite and we would already left to Lahore even before the SL game....

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,801
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly if Misbah was in charge it wouldn't have Fakhar opening, it would have been the likes of Shahzad, Akmal or some other TTF. It wouldn't have been Hassan Ali in the middle overs, it would have been Rahat Ali. We wouldn't have had Shadab's electric ground fielding, it would have been Zulfiqar.

    Bear in Fakhar is 27, where has he been Misbah? You were great in what you did Misbah but you have no credibility to talk about youngsters. You didn't even care about their development given the sporadic chances you gave to the few you even bothered to play.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like sarfaraz I should say First of all I would like to thanks Almighty Allaha that Misbah has been retired even though he destroyed our ODI team to played with only his KABIL"S players

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    24,623
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We all saw what happened to Nasir Jamshaid under Misbah's leadership.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    436
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy hould have been the Man of the Series. I can't remember another pakistani player who's been fearless with his shotmaking in a loooong time .. not since maybe Aamir Sohail/Anwar days ?


    John 3:16

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    6,800
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look who is talking. All of a sudden he is praising Fakhar but in reality he was the one who always against youngsters debut/chances

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,114
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    During the pre-match analysis in one of the group games he actually told Sarfraz to be aggressive.

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,306
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now Misbah knows what happens when you trust youngsters to perform and they perform. But Misbah favoured TTFs who never performed and that's the reason for our failures!

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    82,075
    Mentioned
    1332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    Now Misbah knows what happens when you trust youngsters to perform and they perform. But Misbah favoured TTFs who never performed and that's the reason for our failures!
    Hafeez and Malik still played for Pak yesterday.

    Shadab Hasan Ali all played under Misbah also


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    113
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people must take digs on others even in times of celebrations, let Misbah be. He led Pakistan with honesty and integrity and did very well at least in the test matches, he had his flaws like everyone does. Before winning people saw a lot of flaws in Sarfaraz and Mickey as well.

    The man is deserving of respect for his services to Pakistan cricket, he's done more for the team than any of the idiots criticizing him on TV and here on the forums.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    722
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Hafeez and Malik still played for Pak yesterday.

    Shadab Hasan Ali all played under Misbah also
    Dont sugarcoat things

    Hafeez was mainstay due to Misbah and Malik was given countless comebacks by Misbah due to his friendship despite we having better batsmen rotting in domestics.

    Shadab and Hasan played under Misbah in latest test series after forcing themselves into the test squad on the back of brilliant LOI performances. And then, even during WI series, they weren't still the first choice of Misbah despite their clear potential

    Hasan, in fact, should have been there in 2 series down under, where poor set of pacers were preferred by Misbah.
    Last edited by KyoOne; 19th June 2017 at 10:57.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    869
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BA56 View Post
    Some people must take digs on others even in times of celebrations, let Misbah be. He led Pakistan with honesty and integrity and did very well at least in the test matches, he had his flaws like everyone does. Before winning people saw a lot of flaws in Sarfaraz and Mickey as well.

    The man is deserving of respect for his services to Pakistan cricket, he's done more for the team than any of the idiots criticizing him on TV and here on the forums.
    Well said, some actions transcend results. Whatever Misbah's shortcomings were as an ODI captain, he lifted Pakistan from its lowest point and restored its pride, honour and dignity, both in the team but also on the world stage. That deserves our respect.

  17. #17
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,306
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Hafeez and Malik still played for Pak yesterday.

    Shadab Hasan Ali all played under Misbah also
    Sir it's time to realise that Misbah had been poor and his tactics and selection is the main reason for our terrible performance in that period if you guys can't realise this even now then good luck to you living in a Misbah bubble!!


    Sarfaraz, Babar, Shehzad, Haris, Talat, Fakhar, Umar.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,712
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by member250 View Post
    Misbha never gave anyone chance in top order who could score faster then him.
    Sharjeel, Jamshed, Awais Zia, Kamran Akmal..

  19. #19
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,712
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    Now Misbah knows what happens when you trust youngsters to perform and they perform. But Misbah favoured TTFs who never performed and that's the reason for our failures!
    I've written this list many times but here we go again :

    Nasir Jamshed, Sharjeel Khan, Haris Sohail, Umar Amin, Anwar Ali, Bilawal Bhatti, Junaid Khan, Yasir Shah, Ahmed Shehzad, Sohaib Maqsood, Awais Zia, Hammad Azam, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, the current captain Sarfraz Ahmed.. Umar Akmal was always a permanent member in his side but was never successful

    These were all tried by Misbah in his tenure and maybe a few more, most of them failed to make an impact

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    1,536
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The better we get rid of Misbhah's Qabela, the better the Pakistan team will be...

  21. #21
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,712
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people have forgotten almost all of this squad is still the same side that has played under Misbah as well..

    Hafeez, Malik, Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Sarfaraz, Junaid Khan, Haris Sohail, Wahab Riaz (Most of them both Test and ODIs) made a name for themselves under Misbah's captaincy

    Shadab and Raees(PSL) Amir, Hasan Ali and Azam (Test Matches)

    I think Pakistan cricket owes Misbah for making a team out of these players (specially the aforementioned in the first line), if it weren't for Misbah as captain these players won't be playing for Pakistan or atleast won't be a mainstay of our team

    Misbah has been vital in Raees, Shadab and Sharjeel's development...

    So credit to Misbah where its due... he has done the best he can for Pakistan cricket

    @Badsha001

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    1,536
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    I think people have forgotten almost all of this squad is still the same side that has played under Misbah as well..

    Hafeez, Malik, Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Sarfaraz, Junaid Khan, Haris Sohail, Wahab Riaz (Most of them both Test and ODIs) made a name for themselves under Misbah's captaincy

    Shadab and Raees(PSL) Amir, Hasan Ali and Azam (Test Matches)

    I think Pakistan cricket owes Misbah for making a team out of these players (specially the aforementioned in the first line), if it weren't for Misbah as captain these players won't be playing for Pakistan or atleast won't be a mainstay of our team

    Misbah has been vital in Raees, Shadab and Sharjeel's development...

    So credit to Misbah where its due... he has done the best he can for Pakistan cricket

    @Badsha001
    It wasn't Misbhah who selected the team for Islamabad United, team was given to him...I will rather give credit to Dean Jones then Misbhah for development of Raees, Sharjeel and Shadab Khan...

  23. #23
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    8,712
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badsha001 View Post
    It wasn't Misbhah who selected the team for Islamabad United, team was given to him...I will rather give credit to Dean Jones then Misbhah for development of Raees, Sharjeel and Shadab Khan...
    Hahahahaha!! Brilliant, the guy who is credited for discovering Shadab is actually Misbah, who also decided to play in his team..

    Also Misbah persisted with Sharjeel despite him flopping throughout the tournament, until he gave a match winning performance in the semi final in first edition of PSL

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,729
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif khan View Post
    Sadly if Misbah was in charge it wouldn't have Fakhar opening, it would have been the likes of Shahzad, Akmal or some other TTF. It wouldn't have been Hassan Ali in the middle overs, it would have been Rahat Ali. We wouldn't have had Shadab's electric ground fielding, it would have been Zulfiqar.

    Bear in Fakhar is 27, where has he been Misbah? You were great in what you did Misbah but you have no credibility to talk about youngsters. You didn't even care about their development given the sporadic chances you gave to the few you even bothered to play.

    Shadab was part of Misbah's PSL Team. In fact Misbah is behind Shadab's rise. Misbah even included Shadab in his Test Team and gave him test debut against West Indies (played Shahdab alongside Yasir Shah). He also had Sharjeel & Khalid Latif opening for his PSL side (before they got caught in fixing). He included Babar Azam into the Test side, Tried Sami Aslam in his test side. He last played an ODI in 2015 world cup. Many of the new players are recent finds. They were no where in the Picture.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    817
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketAXEpert View Post
    Shadab was part of Misbah's PSL Team. In fact Misbah is behind Shadab's rise. Misbah even included Shadab in his Test Team and gave him test debut against West Indies (played Shahdab alongside Yasir Shah). He also had Sharjeel & Khalid Latif opening for his PSL side (before they got caught in fixing). He included Babar Azam into the Test side, Tried Sami Aslam in his test side. He last played an ODI in 2015 world cup. Many of the new players are recent finds. They were no where in the Picture.
    Khalid Latif played in the middle order for Islamabad united.
    As far as i can remember it was Dwyane Smith or shane Watson with Sharjeel followed by Brad Haddin.

    The question is would Shadab have been chosen by Misbah randomly if there wasn't a emerging category and a rule where u have to play your emerging players. I don't think he would have.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,300
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Khalid Latif played in the middle order for Islamabad united.
    As far as i can remember it was Dwyane Smith or shane Watson with Sharjeel followed by Brad Haddin.

    The question is would Shadab have been chosen by Misbah randomly if there wasn't a emerging category and a rule where u have to play your emerging players. I don't think he would have.
    Big critic of Misbah's selections but i think Shadab was always gonna play.

    I think what was really criminal was introducting Talat so late in the PSL


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    9,531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    This guy hould have been the Man of the Series. I can't remember another pakistani player who's been fearless with his shotmaking in a loooong time .. not since maybe Aamir Sohail/Anwar days ?
    Sharjeel Khan

  28. #28
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    9,483
    Mentioned
    859 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wonder if we would've won the champions trophy under him...


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    1,639
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would blame Misbah to destroying Pakistan attacking cricket against India and introducing a fearful culture to Pakistan's cricket. He should never be a part of odi cricket. I respect him but not in odi cricket.


    IamHalfBelongToAnationWhere35PunchersAreRewarded. ThanksToDad'sEffortsnWisdom ForOtherHalfFromNoreg.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    1,448
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Wonder if we would've won the champions trophy under him...
    Would've we qualify for it first?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,332
    Mentioned
    874 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Wonder if we would've won the champions trophy under him...
    Just ask yourself if Misbah the saviour would have debut three youngsters DURING the tournament. Never in a million years.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  32. #32
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,199
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah did give youngsters chances. It's wrong to say he didn't.

    It's just that the team, maybe Misbah himself, adopted a very safety first approach of playing cricket. It's straight from miandad's coaching manual. I think we hung on to one of our legendary players coaching legacy rather than move on with the times. So I would say that was where he went wrong.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    229
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 3 worst kind of cricketers Rahat, Shafiq and Shehzad playing regularly for Pak is due to this Misbah only. It was criminal of him to insist so strongly for playing this pathetic trio. Shafiq still plays like a newcomer in the 7th year of his international cricket career and still struggling. Just the sight of this hopeless fella can make you hate cricket.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    258
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes we fans defend or attack people/player/politicians..it seems like we are paid for it.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,306
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    well we used to go through torture of watching Anwar Ali and Sohail Tanveer open the open bowling for us in his days...


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    8,862
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Hahahahaha!! Brilliant, the guy who is credited for discovering Shadab is actually Misbah, who also decided to play in his team..

    Also Misbah persisted with Sharjeel despite him flopping throughout the tournament, until he gave a match winning performance in the semi final in first edition of PSL
    You clearly have no idea the nonsense you're spewing here right now do you.....

    Shadab was not discovered by Misbah at all !! Rehan Ul Haq and Hassan Cheema (the analysts) for Islamabad United saw Shadab playing in nets who then told Wasim Akram and Dean Jones about it after which they saw Shadab for themselves and decided to include him in the squad.

    Misbah had absolutely no role in the discovery of Shadab, Wasim himself told this entire account of Shadabs selection in one of the Game on Hai episodes where he regularly features as an expert Analyst.

    Also I guess you don't know but Misbah himself was picked by the same two analysts as the ISLU captain and after the first season triumph Misbah himself acknowledged it to a group of fans at an event where he said that even though I have won the trophy credit goes to Rehan / Cheema etc etc who were the ones who actually picked me.

    Please get your facts correct !!

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    5,114
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Just ask yourself if Misbah the saviour would have debut three youngsters DURING the tournament. Never in a million years.
    hahahaha this. Ahmed would have continued to play and Sohail tanvir or Umar Gul would have been recalled inplace of Wahab.

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    539
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aukhan View Post
    hahahaha this. Ahmed would have continued to play and Sohail tanvir or Umar Gul would have been recalled inplace of Wahab.
    Possible Misbah Ul Haq XI Squad for CT 17

    1. Ahmed Shehzad
    2. Imran Farhat
    3. Shoaib Maqsood
    4. Harris Sohail
    5. Misbah ul Haq
    6. Asad Shafiq
    7. Umar Akmal
    8. Wahab Riaz
    9. Rahat Ali
    10. Mohammed Irfan
    11. Zulfiqar Babar

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •