Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Watching today's match with keen interest. I wholeheartedly dedicate today's leisure to watch this game!

Is it true that Head to Head tally between India & Pakistan women ODI is 9-0 in favor of India?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2017-07-02 at 14.15.47.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  22.3 KB

Toss: India Women, who chose to bat

The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English August View Post
    Go get a 150 against Pak -- you can do it!
    Nazar lagadi Bhai!!

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why nobody interested in this match??

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some exceptionally disciplined bowling from the Pakistani girls today.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinJay View Post
    Some exceptionally disciplined bowling from the Pakistani girls today.
    fielding too

To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't believe we won against England but will lose to Pak

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Can't believe we won against England but will lose to Pak
    You must have a good crytal ball

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Diana baig

followed this match because of obvious reasons
    have to say really impressed by this cricketer
    debut match against arch rival India
    lift whole team up reminds me of hassan ali
    amazing bowling and to add that her fielding is impressive too.
    has great future.

-Bruce Lee

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, a great find for pak

are you watching this match online?

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alam_dar View Post
    yes, a great find for pak

are you watching this match online?
    no on Star Sports

-Bruce Lee

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very impressed with her fitness. Should be next Pak captain.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She has represented Pak football team too.

Both teams before the age of 20. Impressive!

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    She plays football as well ala Elyse Perry.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1263526

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring her into the mens side!

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Some woeful batting this.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Seems the ladies aren't much different from the men's side when it comes to collapses lol.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't know why I'm following the Pak vs Ind women's game but this is some terrible batting, I'll be impressed if they chase it down with a good partnership. Isn't Sana Mir meant to be an experienced batsman now? She's batting way down the order and should take control.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This match has been a great advert for women's cricket. And the ICC want gender pay equality in cricket in the not too distant future lol.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    This match has been a great advert for women's cricket. And the ICC want gender pay equality in cricket in the not too distant future lol.
    waqar yunis is right 50 overs is too much for women

-Bruce Lee

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow pakistan women are batting almost as bad as Windies women this morning.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Women 50/7 (27.0 ov)
    Pakistan Women require another 120 runs with 3 wickets and 23.0 overs remaining

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    You must have a good crytal ball
    Almost looked like Indian Eves couldn't take the pressure,guess the pitch is one sided.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    AUSTRALIA AND INDIA EDGE CLOSER TO SECURING SEMI-FINAL SPOTS

Defending champion Australia and India overpowered New Zealand and Pakistan respectively in the matches between the neighbours to register their third successive victories in the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 on Sunday.

Australia spoiled Suzie Bates’s 100th ODI by reaching the 220-run target in the penultimate over for the loss of five wickets in Bristol, while India overcame a watchful and cautious batting display to successfully defend a modest score of 169 for nine by bowling Pakistan out for 74 to win by 95 runs in Derby.

Elsewhere, England coasted to a comfortable seven-wicket victory over Sri Lanka when it chased down a 205-run target with more than 19 overs to spare in Taunton, while South Africa dismissed the West Indies for 48 - the 17th lowest score in the history of women’s ODIs – before overhauling the target inside seven overs with all 10 wickets intact in Leicester

After round three of seven, Australia and India are the only unbeaten sides in the tournament, while England and South Africa have won two matches apiece. New Zealand is sitting on one victory whereas Pakistan, Sri Lanka and the West Indies are still searching for their maiden wins.

Australia’s remaining matches are against Pakistan (5 July, Leicester), England (9 July, Bristol), India (12 July, Bristol) and South Africa (15 July, Taunton), while India has to play Sri Lanka (5 July, Derby), South Africa (8 July, Leicester), Australia (12 July, Bristol) and New Zealand (15 July, Derby). If both the sides can manage a couple of more wins each, then they will be guaranteed spots in the semi-finals, irrespective of how the other matches in the group stage pan out

As far as England is concerned, it too remains one of the favourites to progress to the last four stage as its remaining matches are against South Africa (5 July, Bristol), Australia (9 July, Bristol), New Zealand (12 July, Derby) and West Indies (15 July, Derby), while either New Zealand or South Africa is expected to complete the semi-final line-up.

Bowlers dominated day seven of the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 with India’s Ekta Bisht turning out to be the pick with figures of 10-2-18-5. South Africa captain Dane van Niekerk recorded figures of 3.2-3-0-4, her team-mate Marizanne Kapp finished with analysis of 7-2-14-4, England’s Laura Marsh finished with 10-0-45-4 and Nashra Sandhu of Pakistan’s ended up with figures of 10-1-26-4.

Amongst the batters, Ellyse Perry of Australia, England’s duo of Heather Knight and Sarah Taylor, and New Zealand’s pair of Katie Perkins and Suzie Bates stroked impressive half-centuries.

Australia v New Zealand, Bristol

In the feature match of the day in Bristol, Bates, playing in her 100th ODI, made the right call on the spin of coin and elected to bat first. She then spearheaded a positive New Zealand start before a middle-order collapse saw the White Ferns slip from 85 for two to 147 for six. Only a rearguard action by Katie Perkins (52, 59b, 5x4) and Erin Bermingham (35, 42b, 3x4), who added 49 runs for the seventh wicket, helped New Zealand finish its allotted quota of 50 overs at 219 for nine.

Bates, who became the 28th women’s player to feature in 100 or more ODIs, finished as her side’s top scorer with 51 that came off 76 balls and included six fours. Before the start of the match and to mark her 100th ODI, a special cap was presented to her by former White Ferns player Paula Flannery. Bates’ parents also attended this presentation ceremony.

For Australia, Jess Jonassen (three for 33) and Megan Schutt (three for 40) shared wickets.

The score never really threatened a strong Australia batting line-up as it achieved the target in 48.4 overs for the loss of five wickets. All the batters came to the party with openers Beth Mooney and Nicole Bolton scoring 32 and 26 respectively, No.3 batter Meg Lanning hitting 48, No.4 batter Ellyse Perry top scoring with 71 (91b, 4x4) and No.6 batter Alex Blackwell finishing on 35 not out.

Lanning and Perry added 71 runs for the third wicket partnership, while Perry and Blackwell put on 76 for the fifth wicket.

Perry, later adjudged player of the match, said: Perry said: “I’ve really enjoyed batting in recent months and near the top of the order. We felt like we were reasonably in control in terms of the chase. With these hard squares, you can get in and capitalise with wide balls and things.

“Today has been our biggest test against a fantastic team in New Zealand, they always give us a tough game.”

India v Pakistan, Derby

In a low scoring classic in front of nearly 3,000 spectators, India’s decision to bat first seemed to have backfired when it reached 85 for two after the halfway stage and 114 for six after 40 overs. However, the eventual score of 169 for nine proved to be too much for Pakistan as it was bundled out for 74 in 38.1 overs after slipping to 51 for nine.

In tough batting conditions, Punam Raut with 47 off 72 balls inclusive of five fours finished as the top scorer of the match. She was followed by team-mates Sushma Verma (33) and Deepti Sharma (28). Pakistan’s top scorer was captain Sana Mir (29), while opener Nahida Khan scored 23.

Bowling honours were shared between India’s Ekta Bisht and Nashra Sandhu of Pakistan, who both recorded career-best figures. The 31-year-old India left-arm spinner finished with figures of five for 18 from 10 overs, while the 19-year-old left-arm Pakistan spinner returned figures of 10-1-26-4.

Captain Mithali Raj praised Bisht’s performance, saying: “Ekta has always delivered when she has been given the challenge of the new ball. She’s delivered time and again for India and I’m very proud of her. Her spell was so crucial. She gave us the heads up with the wickets in her first spell that got the team back into it.

“When we reached 170 I knew that it could anybody’s game, we just needed those early breakthroughs so that we were in it.”

England v Sri Lanka, Taunton

A 148-run third wicket partnership in just over 22 overs between captain Heather Knight and Sarah Taylor set the stage for England’s convincing seven-wicket victory over Sri Lanka in front of nearly 3,500 spectators.

Knight scored a 76-ball 82 with 10 fours and a six, while Taylor returned unbeaten on 74 from 67 balls with 11 fours as the host nation overhauled the 205-run target with seven wickets and more than 19 overs to spare. Lauren Winfield with 26 was the other notable contributor.

Earlier, 30-year-old Laura Marsh captured four for 45 and 24-year-old Natalie Sciver snapped up two for 32 as Sri Lanka stuttered to 204 for eight in 50 overs after slipping from 84 for two in the 22nd over to 145 for seven in the 39th over.

No.8 batter Oshadhi Ranasinghe(26) added 45 valuable runs for the ninth wicket with No.10 batter Ama Kanchana (34 not out) to bring some respectability to the Sri Lanka score.

In the top order, Hasini Perera (46), Shashikala Siriwardena (33) and Dilani Manodara (28) batted well, while Chamari Athapaththu, who scored 178 not out in the previous match against Australia, became one of two victims for Sciver after scoring a three-ball one.

Marsh, later adjudged player of the match, said: “It’s great to get another win on the board and I thought the girls played really well, we were good in the field with the ball and the girls knocked them off convincingly at the end.

“Every time you get a chance to play, it’s pretty special especially in a home world cup, to get the chance to bowl and take some wickets was really special."

South Africa v West Indies, Leicester

In one of the most outstanding and impressive spells of leg-spin bowling in women’s ODIs, South Africa’s 24-year-old captain Dane van Niekerk returned figures of 3.2-3-0-4 as the West Indies was sent packing for a paltry 48 in 25.2 overs after being put into bat.

This was the 17th lowest score by any side in 1066 women’s ODIs to date, and second lowest by the West Indies since making 41 against England in Loughborough in 2002.

Van Niekerk ripped the heart out of the West Indies’ middle and lower middle-order batting after 27-year-old bowler Marizanne Kapp had caused the initial damage by capturing four for 14, with her new ball Shabnim Ismail grabbing two for 16 to justify their captain’s decision to bowl first.

The only West Indies batter to offer some resistance was Chedean Nation, who scored 26 off 53 balls with five fours.

South Africa batters cashed in on the opportunity to improve their net run-rate by racing to the 49-run victory in just 38 balls to romp home with all 10 wickets and more than 43 overs to spare. Lizelle Lee clubbed six fours in her 16-ball 29 not out, while Laura Wolvaardt returned not out on 19 that came off 22 balls and included three fours.

Van Niekerk later said: “It was quite surreal, if I could script it I would not have written it like that.

“We had our plans coming into the game and it worked to the tee. I’m really proud of the bowlers, especially my two opening bowlers, they were world class.”

Scores in brief

South Africa beat the West Indies by 10 wickets in Leicester

West Indies 48 all out, 25.2 overs (Chedean Nation 26; Dane van Niekerk 3.2-3-0-4, Marizanne Kapp 7-2-14-4, Shabnim Ismail 2-16)

South Africa 51-0, 6.2 overs (Lizelle Lee 29 not out, Laura Wolfvaardt 19 not out)

Player of the match – Marizanne Kapp (South Africa)

Australia beat New Zealand by five wickets in Bristol

New Zealand 219-9, 50 overs (Katie Perkins 52, Suzie Bates 51, Erin Bermingham 35, Amy Satterthwaite 21; Jess Jonassen 3-33, Megan Schutt 3-40)

Australia 220-5, 48.4 overs (Ellyse Perry 71, Meg Lanning 48, Alex Blackwell 35 not out, Beth Mooney 32, Nicole Bolton 26; Anna Peterson 2-27, Amelia Karr 2-42)

Player of the match – Ellyse Perry (Australia)

England beat Sri Lanka by seven wickets in Taunton

Sri Lanka 204-8, 50 overs (Hasini Perera 46, Ama Kanchana 34 not out, Shashikala Siriwardena 33, Dilani Manodara 28, Oshadhi Ranasinghe 26; Laura Marsh 4-45; Natalie Sciver 2-32)

England 206-3, 30.2 overs (Heather Knight 82, Sarah Taylor 74 not out, Lauren Winfield 26; Ama Kanchana 2-38)

Player of the match – Laura Marsh (England)

India beat Pakistan by 95 runs in Derby

India 169-9, 50 overs (Punam Raut 47, Sushma Verma 33, Deepti Sharma 28; Nashra Sandhu 4-26, Sadia Yousuf 2-30)

Pakistan 74 all out, 38.1 overs (Sana Mir 29, Nahida Khan 23; Ekta Bisht 10-2-18-5)

Player of the match – Ekta Bisht (India)
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 2nd July 2017 at 17:50.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some of the comments I've read such as , 'go home and start cooking' are a disgrace.

Sure the Pak womens team is poor but over time it will improve.

I support England in womens cricket , it's only fair being a Brit Pak.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Some of the comments I've read such as , 'go home and start cooking' are a disgrace.

Sure the Pak womens team is poor but over time it will improve.

I support England in womens cricket , it's only fair being a Brit Pak.
    Idiotic comments on the social media are predictable. Besides when the Sirs of the game have a sexist and antiquated view, cannot expect ordinary folks to be sensible.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Harsh to call the Pakistan women's team names and abuse them.

However their fitness levels look atrocious and their skill levels below par.

PCB instead of giving free holidays to their media buddies and officials, should invest more in the women's game and players in Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the women team must learn something from sarfraz and co, how they were expected to be trounced and how they put all their energy out there to win the trophy against all odds

women team lacks inspirational leadership

the men's team should have been there to inspire these women

with PCB corrupt system, women team are not expected to perform any better than this
    Last edited by Macho Mann; 2nd July 2017 at 20:34.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mann View Post
    the women team must learn something from sarfraz and co, how they were expected to be trounced and how they put all their energy out there to win the trophy against all odds

women team lacks inspirational leadership

the men's team should have been there to inspire these women

with PCB corrupt system, women team are not expected to perform any better than this
    Men's team were no different before CT. Don't compare... See what can be done. They did bowl well and also some fielders fielded well. Should be developed...

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    These matches remind me of watching men's cricket in childhood (late 80s and early 90s). Batters unable to hit many boundaries, sixes are a rarity! Running between the wicket and the lousy fielding at boundary (with few exceptions) There is less excitement watching the game. You feel like its better to watch highlights! That's what we used to do in 80s. Even Televisions used to not telecast all the matches live, they were showing only highlights sometimes! Perhaps cricket became more exciting after/during 92 world cup (with Sri Lanka's innovation in 96), after that everyone started to enjoy each ball of 50 overs game and also started to follow Test Cricket with more interest (the average audience) TVs also started to telecast all the matches regularly.

So women's cricket will need some time to match the intensity of men's cricket. One way of doing it is by organizing tournaments in parallel to men's cricket (as they did last time T20 World cup and as it happens in Tennis tourneys). Also as some ex-Pakistani cricketers suggested, it is better to reduce the number of overs to 30 for ODIs (T20 is fine, or perhaps 12 overs to make it more exciting!) Not sure how they play test matches. I think 3 days are sufficient with 60 overs each. OR perhaps women cricket don't need all 3 formats!

In this way Women's cricket can be made as exciting as men's, as it is the case in Tennis (both men's and women's Tennis is watched with almost equal interest!) People will start to watch both the games by identifying peculiar skills and styles. For e.g., rallies are more exciting in women's tennis, while aces are more exciting in men's tennis. Similarly in cricket 300 runs being scored and chased is exciting in men's cricket, while defending 120+ in 30 overs becomes exciting in women's cricket! Women's cricket can be modeled such that the boundaries are short, the pitches are assisting the bowlers (there is no danger that a bowler bounces out the batter!) Bowlers hardly bowl over 110 km/h. So it would be useful if pitch assists something so that they can improve/display their skills instead of speed! Women may not match Men in terms of strength/power, but there is a chance that they can outclass men in terms of skills (as they do in studies/education!) In this way the followers of men's cricket will also start to watch women's cricket to see bowlers dominating the game or batters displaying skills against good bowling, the treat of watching low scoring games. If measures are taken to develop women's cricket in the same mode of men's cricket (high scoring games), then it is wrong!

Watched yesterday's game (Indian innings fully) and there was lot of dull moments (especially with key players Mandhana and Mithali getting out quickly) This could have easily made more exciting if it were 30 overs game! In that case the later order batters like Harmanpreet could have batted more aggressively/their natural game! Could not watch Pakistan innings because I had to go outing in the evening. Not sure whether Pakistani batted even badly or Indian bowlers bowled extremely well!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australian quick Ellyse Perry set to unleash secret weapon against Pakistan

Ellyse Perry has issued a chilling warning to her World Cup rivals ahead of Wednesday's clash with Pakistan – she has a short ball and she's not afraid to use it.

The Australian speed demon unleashed several bouncers in Sunday's win over New Zealand, her side's third from as many starts this tournament, and admitted after the game that her short bowling had been a deliberate tactic against the Kiwis.

Ellyse Perry has issued a chilling warning to her World Cup rivals ahead of Wednesday's clash with Pakistan – she has a short ball and she's not afraid to use it.

The Australian speed demon unleashed several bouncers in Sunday's win over New Zealand, her side's third from as many starts this tournament, and admitted after the game that her short bowling had been a deliberate tactic against the Kiwis.

Amy Satterthwaite and Erin Bermingham were both targeted in Bristol in Australia's sternest test so far, the latter being struck painfully on the wrists on one occasion late in the New Zealand innings.

And lowly Pakistan are next in Perry's sights, fresh from a hiding by India on Sunday that has left them reeling at the foot of the World Cup standings.

"It's a deliberate tactic – it's something that's intentional and that we use at different times," Perry said.

"It's just assessing the time in the match and the tactics we want to go with there, especially when there's a set batter.

"I've been able to bowl that ball a bit. The wickets are a little bit flat but I think that's promoted good aggressive cricket.

"It's always a bit of hard work as a fast bowler in limited overs cricket."

Captain Meg Lanning has used Perry in short, sharp bursts so far during this World Cup, which has kept her fresh throughout each game given she bats at No.4 and usually spends plenty of time at the crease.

Perry made a match-winning 71 as Australia chased down the Kiwis' 9-219 on Sunday, passing the 2000 ODI runs mark in the process.

She didn't add to the five wickets she already has for the tournament, but will be licking her lips ahead of Wednesday's fourth match, given Pakistan managed just 74 in a heavy loss to India over the weekend.

Just how Australia line up remains to be seen – the batting line-up has been unchanged in all three games, but they've tweaked the bowling in every round so far.

Leg spinner Amanda-Jade Wellington played her first game of the tournament on Sunday in place of Kristen Beams, while Jess Jonassen came back in as Belinda Vakarewa was squeezed out, and took three wickets in the process.

Australia's slow bowlers have taken 14 wickets already at this World Cup, and are expected to be deployed in numbers against Pakistan at Leicester's Grace Road cricket ground.

"I imagine it was a really tough decision to leave Kristen Beams out [against New Zealand] but for someone like Amanda Wellington to come in, she's an aggressive attacking leg-spin bowler who turns the ball a lot," Perry said.

"To have that and the balance with Ash Gardner bowling right arm and JJ [Jonassen] bowling left arm orthodox, the spin unit for the last 12 months has just been outstanding for us.

"We've got a really balanced attack at the moment, we've got the three different varieties of spin, Megan [Schutt] who brings the ball in and myself who tries to shape it away.

"It just depends how we start each game, we've got some deliberate plans and tactics to various batters."

Lanning was coy on how her side would line up against Pakistan, but once again hinted that there could be some shuffling in the bowling ranks.

"We've got 15 players who can come in and play a role for the team," Lanning said.

"We've got a number of bowlers who can bowl in the Power Play and throughout the middle as well. It's important that you don't let teams settle and change things up a bit.

"We're going to pick the team on the conditions and the team that we're playing against. Every game in this tournament is really important and really big."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/...02-gx37xs.html
    Last edited by A.A.Z; 3rd July 2017 at 10:40. Reason: Modification

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Defending champion Australia has won its first three matches at the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 but Ellyse Perry says the team is solely focussed on taking each game as it comes.

Pakistan is next up for Australia in Leicester after the defending champion comfortably beat New Zealand by five wickets.

Perry smashed 71 runs in an impressive performance but says the team is not getting ahead of itself.

The all-rounder said: “Pakistan will be a great challenge. The way this tournament and format is set up, we don’t have an easy game.

“It’s really nice to win and be positive but we will refocus on each match.

“We haven’t really spoken about any other match apart from the one ahead of us.

“Every match is a bit of a challenge. We’ve seen teams knock one another off with it being a bit unexpected.

“Going into this tournament, I think that was a reality because of this format and the way the game has developed in the last four years.

“For us, we would just like to keep building and hopefully improving with each match. That’s really the key.

“If those things go well then towards the end of the tournament you should be in a really good place but there’s a bit of cricket to play before then.”

Six-time champion Australia is tied with India at six points from three games each but placed second owing to India’s better net run-rate while Pakistan is still looking for its first points after doing well in patches against South Africa and India.

Pakistan impressed in the bowling department against India with Nashra Sundhu taking an impressive four for 26.

But it was massively let down in the batting department with Sana Mir (29) and Bibi Nahida (23) the only players to reach double figures as it was bowled out for just 74.

Bowler Diana Baig though is looking at the positives ahead of its crunch game with Australia.

The bowler said: “We’re trying to prepare for the next matches and we’re positive for the Australia match that we will do something.

“It’s an amazing feeling to play against Australia, but it’s just a team. I want to play against the next team.

“Our fielding and bowling we were 100 per cent but we didn’t click in our batting (against India) but we will bounce back in our next match.”

In Australia, the match will be live on 9Now and Foxsports.com.au. For further information, please contact your local listings.

Squads:

Australia: Meg Lanning (captain), Sarah Aley, Kristen Beams, Nicole Bolton, Alex Blackwell, Ashleigh Gardner, Rachael Haynes, Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Belinda Vakarewa, Elyse Villani and Amanda-Jade Wellington

Pakistan: Sana Mir (captain), Asmavia Iqbal, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Ghulam Fatima, Iram Javed, Javeria Wadood, Kainat Imtiaz, Marina Iqbal, Bibi Nahida, Nain Abidi, Nashra Sundhu, Sadia Yousaf, Sidra Nawaz and Waheeda Akhter

Umpires: Sue Redfern and Anil Chaudhary

Match referee: David Jukes

Name:  20170704_083600.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  100.6 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th July 2017 at 05:36.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 1.47.13 PM.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  20.5 KBName:  Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 1.47.56 PM.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  23.5 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Meg Lanning injury update
    Cricket Australia has today advised that Meg Lanning will miss Australia’s ICC Women’s World Cup match against Pakistan today due to aggravating a chronic shoulder injury.

Cricket Australia’s Board have endorsed a recommendation from the National Selection panel to make Rachael Haynes captain in Lanning’s absence, whilst Alex Blackwell will remain vice-captain.

Haynes, 30, has played 34 ODI’s for Australia having scored a total of 832 runs at an average of 32.

Australian Women’s Team Physiotherapist, Kate Mahony said: “Meg has been undergoing rehabilitation on her right shoulder, following a chronic injury. The decision for Meg to miss today's match will enable her to focus on some rehabilitation and we’ll continue to monitor her ahead of taking part in any further matches in the tournament.”

Speaking on the selection of Haynes, National Selector, Shawn Flegler said: “Rachael has a wealth of leadership experience including successfully guiding Victoria to back-to-back national Twenty20 titles and alongside Alex, will ensure the team is led to continue their current form. We know that Rachael is capable of coming in and doing the job that is asked of her as she demonstrated in New Zealand earlier this year when she scored a half-century after a lengthy absence from the national side.”

Australia will look to extend its unbeaten run against Pakistan at Leicester’s Grace Road today.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia Women won the toss and elected to bat

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2017-07-05 at 14.09.49.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  22.1 KB

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nazar lagadi Bhai!!
    LOL. My apologies. Looks like nazar has carried on to the SL game too!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Harman's bowling has gone down.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting a bit worried about our girls leaking a boundary every over. C'mon -- need to win this and keep a clean record!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The half-centurian Surangika goes. This should seal it for India. Well done!

Still sloppy in the field through. Will pay the price against Aus.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    A record 275-run second-wicket partnership between Tamsin Beaumont (148) and Sarah Taylor (147) guided England to an impressive 68-run victory over South Africa in a high-scoring ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 match in Bristol on Wednesday.

Beaumont slapped 22 fours and a six in her 145-ball innings while Taylor clubbed 24 fours in a 104-ball knock as they piloted England to an imposing 373 for five in 50 overs. In turn, South Africa put up a gallant run chase and finished at 305 for nine as a world record 678 runs were scored in the day, beating the previous best of 577 runs between Australia and New Zealand in Sydney in December 2012 by 101 runs.

The 275-run partnership between Beaumont and Taylor was the highest-ever for England for any wicket and second best overall in women’s ODIs after India’s Deepti Sharma and Punam Raut had put on 320 runs for the first wicket against Ireland in Potchefstroom in May 2017. It was also a record second-wicket partnership, beating the 262-run stand between New Zealand’s Suzie Bates and Haidee Tiffen against Pakistan in the ICC Women’s World Cup 2009 in Sydney.

Beaumont and Taylor had joined hands in the 12th over at the score of 59 and the association ended in the 47th over at the total of 334 after Taylor fell to Shabnim Ismail. Beaumont was the fourth batter to be dismissed, becoming one of three Marizanne Kapp victims but not before putting her side in a position from where it could dictate terms.

This was England’s third victory in four matches, while it was South Africa’s first defeat in as many matches to go with one abandoned game against New Zealand.

Elsewhere, defending champion Australia and India maintained their unbeaten run in the tournament when they defeated Pakistan and Sri Lanka, respectively, in contrasting styles. The defeats mean the two Asian sides now only have a mathematical chance of reaching the 18 and 20 July semi-finals as it was their fourth successive losses with three group-stage matches remaining.

In Leicester, Australia routed Pakistan by 159 runs following excellent half-centuries by Ellyse Perry, Alyssa Healy and Elyse Villani, whereas India held its nerve to overcome Sri Lanka by 16 runs after Deepti Sharma and Mithali Raj had put on 118 runs for the third wicket, which lifted India to 230 for seven.

However, the stars of day eight of the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 were 26-year-old Beaumont from Kent and 28-year-old Londoner Taylor.

The two batters matched each other stroke for stroke as they creamed the South Africa bowlers with excellent stroke selection, precise timing and textbook footwork to justify Heather Knight’s decision to bat first after winning the toss.

Beaumont, playing only her 39th ODI, also reached 1,000 ODI runs on way to hitting her third career century, while Taylor, featuring in her 105th ODI, notched up her sixth career century. With 3,515 ODI runs against her name, Taylor is the ninth most successful batter in the history of women’s cricket.

Beaumont reached her half-century from 71 balls with eight fours, while she completed her century in 118 balls with 15 fours. Taylor was more consistent, taking 49 balls for her first 50 runs and another 49 balls for the second 50 runs. However, she had more boundaries in her second 50 – nine as compared to seven.

It was Beaumont and Taylor, who after taking England to 167 for one in 30 overs went on a rampage in the last 20 overs, which yielded 206 runs for the loss of four wickets as the home side finished at 373 for five in 50 overs.

Facing a stiff target, Lizelle Lee and Laura Wolvaardt provided South Africa a brisk start when they added 128 runs for the first wicket in 25 overs. After the two batters were dismissed, South Africa continued to try valiantly but the target proved a mountain as it eventually finished at 305 for nine after requiring 150 runs off the final 10 overs.

Lee was the first batter to be dismissed after scoring 72 that came off 77 balls and included seven fours and two sixes, while Wolvaardt, who was the third batter out at the score of 167, scored 67 from 103 balls with nine fours. Chloe Tryon was the third half-centurion of the innings when she scored 54 off 26 balls with five fours and four sixes. Tryon added 75 runs for the fifth wicket with Mignon du Preez (43, 39b, 4x4).

For England, Danielle Hazell was the pick of bowlers with three for 70, while Knight claimed two wickets for 52 runs.

Australia v Pakistan

Perry, Healy and Villani were in sparkling form as they scored well-constructed half-centuries to help Australia recover from seven for two to 290 for eight in 50 overs after stand-in captain Rachael Haynes had elected to bat first after winning the toss.

Perry scored 66 (97b, 5x4), Healy remained beaten on 63 in a rapid 40-ball cameo (9x4, 1x6) and Villani scored a punishing 59 off 40 balls (5x4, 4x6) as Australia scored 153 runs in the last 20 overs. Villani and Perry added 83 runs for the fourth wicket, while Healy and Sarah Aley (15 not out) put on 51 runs for the unfinished ninth wicket in just under four overs.

The target of 291 was always going to be a daunting one for Pakistan and the top order didn’t help its cause by opting for some over-ambitious strokes that brought about its downfall. As such, half of its side was back in the hut at the halfway stage at the score of 62, before the innings wrapped up for 131 on the last ball of its allotted overs.

Debutant Sarah Aley struck with her second ball to finish with two for 29 while Kristen Beams claimed three for 23 and Ashleigh Gardner bagged three for 28. Left-arm spinner Jess Jonassen returned figures of 10-6-12-1 – one of the most economical figures in the history of the ICC Women’s World Cup.

India v Sri Lanka

Electing to bat first after winning the toss, India was in some bother at 38 for two before Sharma and Raj added 118 runs for the third wicket to bring stability to the innings which concluded at 230 for seven. Sharma struck 10 fours in her 110-ball 78, while Raj struck four fours in her 78-ball 53.

There were some useful contributions later in the order through Veda Krishnamurthy (29) and Harmanpreet Kaur (20) as India collected 60 runs in its last 10 overs while losing two wickets.

In turn, Sri Lanka struggled to rotate the strike as well as construct partnerships to finish 16 runs short at 216 for seven after being 82 for three in 30 overs.

Dilani Manodara (61, 75b, 6x4) and Shashikala Siriwardena (37) added 60 runs for the fourth wicket but their stand consumed 93 deliveries, meaning that when Siriwardena departed, Sri Lanka required 95 runs from the remaining 60 balls.

For India, Poonam Yadav and Jhulan Goswami picked up two wickets apiece conceding 23 and 26 runs respectively.

Scores in brief:

England beat South Africa by 68 runs in Bristol
    England 373-5, 50 overs (Tamsin Beaumont 148, Sarah Taylor 147, Lauren Winfield 24, Heather Knight; Marizanne Kapp 3-77)
    South Africa 305-9, 50 overs (Lizelle Lee 72, Laura Wolfvaardt 67, Chloe Tryon 54, Mignon du Preez 43; Danielle Hazell 3-70, Heather Knight 2-52)
    Player of the match – Sarah Taylor (England)

Australia beat Pakistan by 159 runs in Leicester
    Australia 290-8, 50 overs (Ellyse Perry 66, Alyssa Healy 63 not out, Elyse Villani 59, Rachael Haynes 28, Alex Blackwell 23; Sana Mir 3-49, Sadiq Yousuf 2-66)
    Pakistan 131 all out, 50 overs (Sana Mir 45, Iram Javed 21; Kristen Beams 3-23, Ashleigh Gardner 3-28, Sarah Aley 2-29)
    Player of the match - Elyse Villani (Australia)

India beat Sri Lanka by 16 runs in Derby
    India 230-7, 50 overs (Deepti Sharma 78, Mithali Raj 53, Veda Krishnamurthy 29, Harmanpreet Kaur 20; Sripali Weerakkody 3-28, Inoka Ranaweera 2-55)
    Sri Lanka 216-7, 50 overs (Dilani Manodara 61, Shashikala Siriwardena 37, Nipuni Hansika 29, Chamari Athapaththu 25, Poonam Yadav 2-23, Jhulan Goswami 2-26)
    Player of the match – Deepti Sharma (India)

Thursday’s fixture:
    New Zealand v West Indies, Taunton

Points Table

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 610
Size:  36.2 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 5th July 2017 at 18:16.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Australia produced an imperious performance against Pakistan as it cruised to its fourth straight ICC Women’s World Cup victory by 159 runs in Leicester.

The defending champion first demonstrated its batting prowess as Ellyse Perry, Elyse Villani and Alyssa Healy all made half-centuries to help Australia recover from 60 for three to set a daunting 291 to win.

The Southern Star then made light work of a resilient Pakistan batting attack as Kristen Beams and Ashleigh Gardner took six wickets to limit its opposition to 131 and took another step closer to the semi-finals.

Batter Villani said: “It was really nice to grab a win and it was a good performance all round today.

“Ellyse Perry and Rachael Haynes built a crucial partnership after a shaky start so that gave the rest of us a lot of confidence to contribute and we were very happy with our total.

“The bowlers did a great job today and they were pretty impressive in limiting Pakistan and we move on to the next game with plenty of confidence.”

Australia, without its inspirational captain Meg Lanning, made a disastrous start after Beth Mooney edged an Asmavia Iqbal ball in the first over to leave the defending champion one for one.

The Southern Stars side was on the ropes and it got even worse when Diana Baig trapped Nicole Bolton leg before wicket to leave Australia reeling at seven for two.

Baig and Asmavia were putting in a fine display with the white ball, limiting Australia to just 18 from the first 10 overs.

Stand-in captain Rachael Haynes was out caught behind off the bowling of Sidra Nawaz.

But an explosive innings from Villani helped assert Australia’s dominance as she smashed a 34-ball half-century, bringing the 50 up with her fourth maximum straight down the ground.

Perry was calmness personified at the other end as a quick-fire 63 from 40 deliveries by Healy, her highest ODI total, helped Australia set an imposing 291 to win.

Pakistan started in similar fashion to Australia after Jess Jonassen bowled Bibi Nahida as she was trying to play across the line second over.

It was a fine day for Aley as she picked up her first two ODI wickets as Australia chipped away at a dogged Pakistan.
    Sana’s gutsy 45 was the one bright spark in a Pakistan innings that never really got going came 160 runs short.

The result leaves Pakistan with a mountain to climb if it has to finish in the top four of the group stage and qualify for the semi-final.

Pakistan captain Sana said: “In the first 25 to 30 overs we were pretty much on the mark with the ball, we just need to make sure we improve our bowling in the final overs.

“We need to improve on our batting for sure. We cannot just have one batter making a big total, other batters need to step up to the mark and that’s really important to help us improve.”

Scores in brief:

Australia beat Pakistan by 159 runs at Grace Road, Leicester

Australia 290-8, in 50 overs (Ellyse Perry 66, Alyssa Healy 63 not out, Elyse Villani 59, Sana Mir 3-40, Sadia Yousaf 2-66, Amavia Iqbal Khokhar, 1-27)

Pakistan 131, in 50 overs (Sana Mir 45, Iram Javed 21, Asmavia Iqbal Khokhar 10; Kirsten Beams 3-23, Ashleigh Gardner 2-28, Sarah Aley 2-29)

Player of the match: Elyse Villani (Australia)

Next match: New Zealand v Pakistan, County Ground, Taunton, 8 July; England v Australia, Bristol County Ground, Bristol, 9 July

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Australia seems like they will take this tournament again. Semifinalists should be Australia, India, England, NZ. India did beat England but not sure if they will do it again. Australia vs England final and Australia to win based on performances.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    A big win over the West Indies pushed New Zealand back into the top four after four games at the ICC Women’s World Cup but captain Suzie Bates knows that every game is crucial ahead of Saturday’s clash with Pakistan.

The White Ferns responded to the defeat against Australia in the best possible fashion, hammering the West Indies by eight wickets and chasing down a target of 151 in less than 20 overs.

That was enough to leapfrog South Africa in the points table, and with the game between the sides having been washed out earlier in the tournament, their battle for a place in the last four could come down to net run-rate.

While New Zealand cannot focus solely on run-rate, Bates admits it could yet be crucial to her side’s chances of progression.

She said: “This whole tournament we’ve understood that every game was going to be a big match, and having the rain-affected match has made that even more important.

“Every game is almost a knock-out game so we have to bring our A game and play as well as we can against any opposition.

“When the run-rate comes into play too, you can’t take anyone lightly. We’ll have a rest day but it’s exciting because we felt that we hadn’t played cricket for a while, we had a week off but now we’ll go out and play so it will be nice to get into a rhythm.”

New Zealand will return to Taunton two days after the big win over the West Indies, and faces a Pakistan team still in search of a first victory in the tournament.

Although not mathematically eliminated, Pakistan’s chances of progressing are slim, but captain Sana Mir feels the team has learned a lot so far, and needs to build on that experience.

She said: “We may not have had the best tournament so far but we need to enjoy it, we only qualified for the tournament a few months ago so just being here is an achievement in itself and I think we are better than we have shown so far.

“What’s very important is that we are able to bat out the 50 overs like we did against Australia. We need the young girls who are playing in the future to get an opportunity to face the best bowlers in the world. This is a learning curve for the newcomers.

“I think we have started very well with the ball against all the big teams so we’re not afraid of them [New Zealand].

I think with the kind of attitude and consistency we’re showing with our bowling, particularly early on, we can hurt New Zealand.”

In New Zealand, the match will be live on SKY Sport 5 and Hotstar, while it can be watched in Pakistan on PTV Sports and sports.ptv.com.pk. For more details, contact your local listings.

Squads:

New Zealand: Suzie Bates (captain), Erin Bermingham, Sophie Devine, Maddie Green, Holly Huddleston, Leigh Kasperek, Amelia Kerr, Katey Martin, Thamsyn Newton, Katie Perkins, Anna Peterson, Rachel Priest, Hannah Rowe, Amy Satterthwaite and Lea Tahuhu

Pakistan: Sana Mir (captain), Asmavia Iqbal, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Ghulam Fatima, Iram Javed, Javeria Wadood, Kainat Imtiaz, Marina Iqbal, Bibi Nahida, Nain Abidi, Nashra Sundhu, Sadia Yousaf, Sidra Nawaz and Waheeda Akhter

Umpires – Gregory Brathwaite and S. Saikat

Match referee – Richie Richardson
    Points Table

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 565
Size:  36.8 KB

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 3.12.59 PM.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  24.3 KBName:  Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 3.13.31 PM.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  22.7 KB

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Sophie Devine smashed the most sixes in an ODI as New Zealand took another step towards the ICC Women’s World Cup semi-finals with a commanding eight-wicket win over Pakistan at Taunton.

The number-three batter delivered an exemplary array of hitting, scoring 93 from just 41 balls – an effort bestowed by seven fours and nine sixes as New Zealand reached seven points from five outings while Pakistan became the first side to go out of reckoning for the knockouts with a fifth straight loss.

Earlier, Hannah Rowe produced a superb ICC WWC debut to help bowl Pakistan out for 144, showing no nerves in a career-best figures of three for 22.

Sana Mir responded with 50 on her 100th ODI appearance for Pakistan, but five White Ferns bowlers were in the wickets in an almost-perfect team display.

“We learnt from our last game, saw how Rachel Priest went about her innings so hit through the line of the ball and knew it would pay off,” Devine said after setting the record for most sixes by a woman batter in an ODI innings.

“The sixes record will be nice to look back on, but the most important thing was the win and the points – winning clinically was a bonus.

“We know how important run-rate is going to be in this tournament, it’s so tight in those top five or six teams.

“To bowl a side out on an absolute road is a huge effort, the bowlers deserve huge credit. They gave us a nice easy job knocking off the runs.”

Pakistan started solidly with 35 for no wicket, though off-spinner Leigh Kasperek broke through twice with the new ball.

From there, Rowe stole the show, becoming the third bowler in three New Zealand games to be on a hat-trick when dismissing Javeria Wadood and Marina Iqbal in successive balls, both lbw.

Sana’s half-century from 83 balls held together the innings, but wickets tumbled as Lea Tahuhu – playing her 50th ODI – picked up two, while teenage leg-spinner Amelia Kerr also collected a couple.

That left New Zealand chasing 145 with Devine hitting her straps soon after Priest’s dismissal, reaching 50 from 27 balls, the second-fastest of the ICC WWC so far.

She showed no signs of stopping, beating the previous six-hitting record of seven in one innings, but fell late on to Nashra Sundhu, though the White Ferns eased home with 35 overs remaining.

“We didn’t have a good performance in either department,” admitted Sana. “We’ve taken a lot of pressure, but we can come and bounce back in the next two matches.

“Sophie Devine was phenomenal, we have to give her the credit with the way she played, she really punished the good and bad balls and that’s not much you can do with that.

“This type of game doesn’t go well with milestones, but it’s been an honour serving Pakistan for the team and the country, it’s a great moment reaching 100 appearances and I’m very thankful.”
    Scores in brief:

New Zealand beat Pakistan by eight wickets, at Taunton
    Pakistan 144 in 46.5 overs (Sana Mir 50, Bibi Nahida 18, Ayesha Zafar 17, Iram Javed 14; Hannah Rowe 3-22, Amelia Kerr 2-27, Lea Tahuhu 2-35, Leigh Kasperek 2-35)
    New Zealand 147-2 in 15 overs (Sophie Devine 93, Amy Satterthwaite 38no; Diana Baig 1-28, Nashra Sundhu 1-33)
    Player of the match: Hannah Rowe (New Zealand)

Next matches: Pakistan v West Indies, Grace Road, Leicester, 11 July; England v New Zealand, The County Ground, Derby, 12 July

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand v Pakistan

New Zealand also strengthened its chances with a comprehensive eight-wicket victory over Pakistan.

That was due to some stunning hitting from Devine, striking a record nine sixes in her 93 from 41 balls, as the White Ferns comfortably chased 145.

Hannah Rowe led the way with the ball, taking three for 22 on tournament debut, including the dismissals off successive balls of Javeria Wadood and Marina Iqbal, both leg-before wicket as Pakistan was bowled out for 144.

She wasn’t the only White Fern to deliver an exemplary performance with the ball however as all contributed to the cause, notably teen leg-spinner Amelia Kerr, Lea Tahuhu and Leigh Kasperek, who all took two wickets.

Sana Mir made 50 on her 100th ODI appearance, becoming the first Pakistan player to reach the three-figure landmark.

Chasing 145, New Zealand lost Rachel Priest early to Diana Baig, but that opened the door for Devine to free her arms, hitting maximum after maximum in a chase that ended with 35 overs to spare.

Rowe said: “It was pretty exciting, my mum and dad were here and a couple of my flat-mates, so it was pretty awesome to have that support from home.

“I was stoked to get out there. I've been going through a few changes with my bowling, been working with Jacob Oram and it's coming through.

“I think every pace bowler wants the new ball and I'm certainly putting it in the right areas and looking forward to more.”

Scores in brief:

South Africa beat India by 115 runs at Grace Road, Leicester
    South Africa 273-9, 50 overs (Lizelle Lee 92; Dane Van Niekerk 57; Ayabonga Khaka 2-33; Dane Van Niekerk 4-22; Sune Luus 1-27)

India 158 all out from 46 overs (Deepti Sharma 60; Jhulan Goswami 43; Shikha Pandey 3-40; Harmanpreet Kaur 2-18; Ekta Bisht 2-68)

Player of the match - Dane Van Niekerk (South Africa)

Next matches – South Africa v Sri Lanka, The County Ground, Taunton, 12 July; India v Australia, Bristol County Ground, Bristol, 12 July

New Zealand beat Pakistan by eight wickets, at Taunton

Pakistan 144, in 46.5 overs (Sana Mir 50, Bibi Nahida 18, Ayesha Zafar 17, Iram Javed 14; Hannah Rowe 3-22, Amelia Kerr 2-27, Lea Tahuhu 2-35, Leigh Kasperek 2-35)

New Zealand 147-2, in 15 overs (Sophie Devine 93, Amy Satterthwaite 38 not out; Diana Baig 1-28, Nashra Sundhu 1-33)

Player of the match: Hannah Rowe (New Zealand)

Next matches: Pakistan v West Indies, Grace Road, Leicester, 11 July; England v New Zealand, The County Ground, Derby, 12 July

Name:  pt.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  43.9 KB
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 8th July 2017 at 20:00.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though Indian women are still on top of the table, I cannot see them winning any more matches. That way, they may end up fifth and fail to qualify for the semi finals.

The Indian women cricketers are like Indian men cricketers of 1980s. No batting or bowling fire power, rubbish fielding and fragile temperament. They have already overachieved in this tournament. It will be foolish to pin any more hopes on them in this tournament.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    865 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TAYLOR TAKES WEST INDIES CONFIDENCE INTO PAKISTAN MATCH

West Indies captain Stafanie Taylor: “We know how important these games are. We definitely want to win them and go home on a high.”

Pakistan skipper Sana Mir: “It’s extremely important for us to finish this tournament on a strong note.”

West Indies was forced to fight for its first ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 victory last time out, but captain Stafanie Taylor believes her team is in a perfect place to take forward the confidence gained from the win.

Pakistan is the latest challenge awaiting West Indies, at Grace Road, Leicester, on Tuesday, though both teams know reaching the semi-finals is no longer a possibility.

But that doesn’t make the game any less important for Taylor as she looks to build on Sunday’s 47-run triumph over Sri Lanka, having reached the final of the competition four years ago.

And with Pakistan looking for its first victory in this edition of the ICC WWC, the 26-year-old knows she and the team must be at its best to finish as high in the standings as possible.

“This win has added to our confidence. We’ve been fighting really hard to win a game and we know there are two more to go,” said Taylor.

“We know how important these games are. We definitely want to win them and go home on a high.

“Going into Tuesday’s game, we know it’s not going to be easy because Pakistan haven’t won a game.

“We know Pakistan’s usual team. They are going to come with their spinners because that’s what they mostly do to all the teams. We should counteract their bowlers.

“Pakistan has always been a fighting team when they are playing against anyone, but I think everyone thinks West Indies is a team they want to beat. They all come out hard against us.”

Pakistan’s elimination was confirmed on Saturday, when it suffered a heavy loss to New Zealand, at Taunton, its fifth defeat of the competition.

In patches, it has proven to be a match for any team, though consistency remains the next step for the side as it looks to build on its competition experience.

That’s something captain Sana Mir – who played her 100th ODI on Saturday – is hoping to achieve, starting at Grace Road on Tuesday.

“It’s extremely important for us to finish this tournament on a strong note,” said Sana. “We started off with a strong game, then things started slipping off, so it’s extremely important to finish well.

“We have to be patient with the team, not having Bismah Maroof around makes things tougher as a batter.

“There have been a couple of times where we’ve lost early wickets where she could come in and give us a platform to put a good total on the board.

“The youngsters have showed promise in the previous tournaments but they haven’t been able to apply it in the World Cup.

“Everyone in the team is looking to take responsibility, I’m scoring runs so it’s more important for me to do that. I have belief in the same batting line-up, they have the potential and have played really well in the previous matches.”

Squads:

West Indies: Stafanie Taylor (captain), Merissa Aguilleira, Reniece Boyce, Shamilia Connell, Shanel Daley, Deandra Dottin, Afy Fletcher, Qiana Joseph, Kyshona Knight, Hayley Matthews, Anisa Mohammed, Chedean Nation, Akeira Peters, Shakera Selman, Felicia Walters, Kycia Knight and Subrina Munroe

Umpires: Sue Redfern and Langston Rusere

Match referee: Steve Bernard

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan team has to be the worst in this tournament and overall in the women's game, sorry to say.

They just can't seem to get the ball out of the square.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 2.52.46 PM.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  31.7 KBName:  Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 2.53.21 PM.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  25.9 KB

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Women won the toss and elected to field

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2017-07-11 at 15.37.38.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  22.4 KB

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West Indies women [285-4, 50/50 overs] beat Pakistan women [117-3, 24/24 overs] by 19 runs (DLS method)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Deandra Dottin smashed the fastest century by a West Indies batter in One Day Internationals to secure her team a second win at the ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, by 19 runs over Pakistan on the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern (DLS) method.

Dottin played brilliantly to strike 12 fours and three sixes in her 79-ball 104 not out, her maiden ODI hundred, to help the West Indies to 285 for four from its 50 overs at Grace Road.

Rain delayed the start of the Pakistan innings, which was set a revised target of 245 in 38 overs. Javeria Wadood made a gutsy half-century but Pakistan was unable to keep ahead of the run-rate as another bout of rain stopped play for the day with its score at 117 for three in 24 overs.

“I am very pleased. We had been struggling to get some runs so it’s really good to be able to do that,” said West Indies captain Stafanie Taylor, who made 90.

“It’s about trying to enjoy my batting, I haven’t been doing that in my past games and I said to Deandra to keep her eyes on it and try and play.

“When you get yourself in then you can play your shots. I felt really good out there, concentration was key for me and when I got out I didn’t see that happening.

“It’s very important to lead from the front, I haven’t scored many runs and we’ve struggled and I know I am the anchor where the team is concerned. It’s good to be back scoring runs,” she said.

West Indies was put in and lost Hayley Matthews in just the first over, offering a return catch to Asmavia Iqbal but Chedean Nation and Taylor steadied a platform en route to its highest score of the tournament.

Taylor got her side’s first fifty, making 90 from 107 balls, but it was Dottin who came to the fore in their 87-run partnership.

She played beautifully, accelerating from seven off 16 balls to pepper the boundary as she turned on the style late in the innings.

And it was to result in her maiden ODI century with a glorious six over long-on, showing her emotion upon reaching the landmark by throwing her bat away, as her last 47 runs came in just 15 balls.

Pakistan started on the front foot in its adjusted chase of 245, though Ayesha Zafar fell miscuing a lob off Ekeira Peters to bring Javeria and Nahida Khan together.

They put on 80 for the second wicket, Javeria in particular looking in good touch with 58 from 72 balls, though the run-rate was always just out of reach.

That proved vital when Nahida was bowled by Anisa Mohammed, and when the rain fell as Iram Javed spooned a catch to Nation – again off Mohammed – Pakistan was short of the DLS target to stay winless in the competition.

“Deandra has shots all over the wicket, it’s a challenge bowling to her and she played very well,” said Pakistan captain Sana Mir.

“The batting has not been up to the mark so I’m very happy Javeria got that 50, it’s very important that we score runs there and I know the potential of these girls.

“Javeria and Neveda were very comfortable while they were batting, but the fielding needs to improve. We have to have better fielding on the boundaries.

“When players like Stafanie and Deandra hit, the fielder was hardly able to move, they put so much power and that’s something we want to look to be able to do, they punished the bad balls well.”

Scores in brief

West Indies beat Pakistan by 19 runs (DLS Method) at Grace Road, Leicester

West Indies 285-4 in 50 overs (Deandra Dottin 104 not out, Stafanie Taylor 90, Chedean Nation 35, Merissa Aguilleira 24 not out; Asmavia Iqbal 2-76)

Pakistan 117-3 in 24 overs (Javeria Wadood 58 not out, Nahida Khan 40; Anisa Mohammed 2-21)

Player of the match – Deandra Dottin (West Indies)

Next matches – England v West Indies, Bristol County Ground, Bristol, 15 July; Pakistan v Sri Lanka, Grace Road, Leicester, 15 July

TEAM PLAYED WON LOST NR POINTS NRR
    England 5 4 1 0 8 1.16
    Australia 5 4 1 0 8 1.06
    India 5 4 1 0 8 0.26
    New Zealand 5 3 1 1 7 2.3
    South Africa 5 3 1 1 7 1.45
    West Indies 6 2 4 0 4 -1.5
    Sri Lanka 5 0 5 0 0 -1.09
    Pakistan 6 0 6 0 0 -2.27
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th July 2017 at 19:44.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreadful and disappointing performance by Pakistan...

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Were they ahead of the DL before the wkt off the last ball?

Anyway keeps the 100% record in tact.

Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan have just not looked like a cricket team in this tournament. Really embarrassing.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan and Sri Lanka are both looking to end their ICC Women’s World Cup campaign on a high in Leicester this Saturday and all-rounder Shashikala Siriwardena believes a positive attitude can earn Sri Lanka the victory it craves.

Both sides have lost all six of their ICC WWC games to date but have the opportunity to finish with a win at Grace Road.

Sri Lanka lost by eight wickets to South Africa last time out and despite being without a victory to its name, there have been positives to take form the competition.

Siriwardena is convinced her team is learning with each passing match and is confident of putting it all together against Pakistan.

“We will be going in with a positive attitude because, apart from against South Africa, we have done really well against good countries in this tournament,” she said.

“Our batters always try to pass 200, that’s a huge achievement for us in this kind of tournament.

“We are really happy with the batting performance in this tournament, we have a good combination of spinner and fast bowlers, so we will go into the game with Pakistan with a positive attitude and we would like to go back to Sri Lanka with the win.

“It’s really important that we bounce back against Pakistan because we have the ICC Women’s Championship over the next few months, so winning against Pakistan would be a big boost for us as a unit.

“We have lots of young players with us at this tournament and they need confidence from at least one win, so it would be really helpful for us.”

Rain affected Pakistan’s previous match against the West Indies, as it eventually lost by 19 runs on the Duckworth-Lewis-Stern method.

Javeria Wadood made an unbeaten knock of 58 in that loss and captain Sana Mir claims the confidence her side should take from an improved batting performance can lead it to a first win when it takes on Sri Lanka.

“The batting has not been up to standard, so I’m very happy that it is improving and we were able to get a 50 in the last game,” said Sana.

“It was very important for the top order to score runs in our last game, and we need to bring our A-game in all three facets. Having only one of batting, bowling or fielding working in a match is not enough and that’s what we’re trying to address for Sri Lanka.

“It’s very promising to see us getting some runs, Javeria is an extremely important player for us, and it’s important to finish on a high note.

“Sri Lanka is playing some good cricket, but it’s good that our batters are playing in a good place.

“A win would add value to our day, that would be a big boost to morale but playing good cricket is more important for us.”

In Sri Lanka, the match can be watched live on Channel Eye and channeleye.lk. For further information, contact your local listings.

Squads:

Pakistan: Sana Mir (captain), Asmavia Iqbal, Ayesha Zafar, Bibi Nahida, Diana Baig, Ghulam Fatima, Iram Javed, Javeria Wadood, Kainat Imtiaz, Marina Iqbal, Nain Abidi, Nashra Sundhu, Sadia Yousaf, Sidra Nawaz and Waheeda Akhter.

Sri Lanka: Inoka Ranaweera (captain), Chamari Athapaththu, Chandima Gunaratne, Nipuni Hansika, Ama Kanchana, Eshani Lokusooriya, Dilani Manodara, Harshitha Madhavi, Chamari Polgampala, Hasini Perera, Udeshika Prabodani, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Shashikala Siriwardena, Prasadani Weerakkodi and Sripali Weerakkody.

Umpires: Sue Redfern and Kathy Cross

Match referee: Steve Davies

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Shaharyar terms Pakistan’s performance ‘disappointing’

LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Mohammad Khan has called the performance of Pakistan women’s cricket team in the ongoing ICC World Cup 2017 in United Kingdom as ‘disappointing’. In an interview to BBC Urdu, the chairman said that in view of raising the standard of women cricket in the country - new talent must be discovered and taken forward, adding that the team were given special training before the tournament and he was gravely disappointed by the team’s dismal performance. He said making Sabih Azhar coach of the team at the eleventh hour did not turn out to be a correct decision as he felt that even the players were not happy with him. Shaharyar said that to raise standard in women’s cricket, increase of players in the domestic system was needed. “It is a good omen that girls from as far as Balochistan and Gilgit are coming in the national squad, however still societal issues are big hindrance for women’s cricket in Pakistan as parents don’t allow their daughters to play the sport.” He added that if there was a group within the team - he would take action against it.

http://dailytimes.com.pk/sports/15-J...-disappointing

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant day for India. Absolutely and totally crushed NZ who were the pre-game favorites to reach SF. Mithali Raj got a hundred, and Gayakwad got a 5-fer.

Now we face Aus in semi-final who are going to be almost impossible to beat. They beat India in the RRs. Nonetheless, well done Indian girls! Finishing third in the table is a huge huge achievement. India also beat table toppers England, which was England's only loss in RR.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dilani Manodara hit her highest ODI score on the way to helping Sri Lanka end its ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 campaign on a high with an entertaining 15-run victory over Pakistan at Grace Road, Leicester.

Without a victory between them all competition, both teams went into the game unable to progress to the semi-finals but there was still pride at stake and it proved to be a thriller.

Manodara recorded her second ODI half-century of the competition, top-scoring for her team with 84, as Sri Lanka posted 221 for seven from its 50 overs.

Despite Syeda Nain Fatima Abidi’s entertaining 57, Pakistan faltered in the middle overs and came up short as Sri Lanka’s Chandima Gunaratne finished with four for 41.

Sri Lanka captain Inoka Ranaweera said: “This is the first victory for us at the competition, we are very happy to beat Pakistan today.

“We made a plan yesterday, we stuck to it and we won the match because of that.

“We want to thank the ICC and everyone who has made our stay in England so enjoyable.”

Electing to bat first, Sri Lanka was dealt a blow when Nipuni Hansika (one) was bowled by Diana Baig before Hasini Perera (13) was caught behind by Sidra Nawaz, again off Diana, with the score 18 for two.

Chamari Athapaththu – Sri Lanka’s top scorer at this tournament with 311 runs – survived a close LBW call on nine before crashing a number of boundaries through the covers as she and Shashikala Siriwardena put on 46, before the former found Sana Mir at midwicket.

And while Sri Lanka lost Siriwardena (17) and Prasadani Weerakkodi (five) for 16 runs, Manodara and Eshani Lokusooriya came together to wrestle some much-needed momentum back, bringing up the 50-run partnership in 70 balls.

Manodara registered her third career ODI half-century with a quick single in the 40th over but Lokusooriya was impressively caught by Sana at mid-wicket two overs later.

Sensing a first ODI century, Manodara accelerated the pace but her 111-ball innings was ended on 84 when she edged to Sidra off Diana and Sri Lanka batted out its overs.

In reply, Pakistan’s Bibi Nahida (10) was bowled by Gunaratne in the sixth over, while fellow opener Ayesha Zafar could only manage eight off 30 balls before being caught at short cover by Athapaththu.

Javeria Wadood plundered five fours in a lively 24 off 35 balls before being run out by Siriwardena before Syeda and Iram Javed gave Pakistan hope by putting on 50 runs in 56 balls.

Syeda brought up her ninth ODI half-century after a Sri Lanka misfield before the partnership was ended when Iram (15) holed out to Ama Kanchana in the 26th over.

Its momentum was further checked when Syeda and Sana exited within two overs of each other – the former’s wicket celebrated greatly by Sri Lanka – before Kainat Imtiaz (11) and Sidra Nawaz (5) both departed cheaply.
    With Asmavia Iqbal and Diana at the crease, Pakistan was determined to fight until the end with some powerful hitting leaving them in with a chance.

But Diana was then superbly caught by Athapaththu in the covers and the match concluded when Sadia Yousaf was bowled by Ranaweera with 20 balls remaining.

Pakistan captain Mir said: “Our batters have been under pressure throughout the tournament but they put up a fight today.

“Mostly we are not able to finish matches when we get on top as we give away wickets at crucial times and that happened again today.

“We are very disappointed. But in life, these things happen but you have to bounce back.

“We will learn from their tournament and the younger players will come back stronger.”

Scores in brief:

Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 15 runs at Grace Road, Leicester

Sri Lanka 221-7 in 50 overs (Dilani Manodara 84, Eshani Lokusooriya 28, Chamari Athapaththu 27; Diana Baig 3-41)

Pakistan 206 all out in 46.4 overs (Syeda Nain Fatima Abidi 57, Amavia Iqbal Khokhar 38 not out; Chandima Gunaratne 4-41, Ama Kanchana 2-31)

Player of the match – Chandima Gunaratne (Sri Lanka)

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow congrats to Indian women,defeating Kiwis is remarkable,Mithali Raj is defn the best player women's team has had since Goswami her consistency is remarkable!

Sadly we will probably face Aus in semis,but good end to tournament and good to see Veda finally getting some runs,carry the form girls!

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The irony is The future of Indian Women's Cricket ODI team is looking much brighter than the Indian's men OID team. Good going Girls! Congratulations!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Pakistan Women’s cricket team ended their abysmal World Cup campaign on yet another low note as they endured their seventh straight defeat of the tournament, this time a slim 12-run heartache at the hands of fellow strugglers Sri Lanka.

And even though the defeat was by a close margin, it doesn’t make up for the fact that Sana Mir’s girls finished as the only team in the tournament to not win a single game.

After winning the toss and choosing to bat first, Sri Lanka posted 221 runs on the board for the loss of seven wickets in their allotted 20 overs, thanks in large parts to their wicket-keeper batswomen Dilani Manodara, who top scored with 84 runs, while Pakistan’s Diana Baig captured three wickets for 41 runs.

Set a modest target of 222, Pakistan were then bowled out for 206 runs in the 47th over, falling 12 runs short and giving Sri Lanka their only victory of the tournament.

Pakistan’s most prominent contributor with the bat was Nain Abidi, who scored 57 runs off 68 balls, while Asmavia Iqbal chipped in with an unbeaten 38.

Naturally, the team’s horror show during the tournament was slammed by former women’s team coach Kabir Khan, who told The Express Tribune: “They should have restricted the Sri Lankan team under 200 which would have put them in pressure but they bowled some lose balls and were also poor in the field, which eventually cost them the match.

He continued: “They were poor throughout the tournament and did not do their best even thought they had the ability. Especially against a team like Sri Lanka that also hadn’t won any matches up to that last game, [we should’ve won].”

Kabir is of the opinion the team needs longer camps and more dedicated training to keep pace with the rest of the world. “The players couldn’t play in those conditions because they started training only a month or two before the tournament began. This should be an alarming situation for the management. Areas of weakness should be immediately identified and work should begin as soon as possible,” he said.

Kabir also feels the untimely injury of Bismah Maroof didn’t help the team either. “I have coached them and I know they have the ability to do better. The injury to Bismah Maroof was also a big blow,” he added.

The defeat in the final fixture also disappointed team’s general manager Shamsa Hashmi. “We desperately wanted to win this one. It would have boosted the morale of not just the team but also the management.”

Hashmi, however, assured that the next round of team’s training will be more comprehensive than ever. “The loss pointed out our weak areas,” she said. “Once they are back we will organize some fitness and skill-boosting camps. We will do all we can to hone our players’ skills. The girls have the talent, but we just need to polish their skills.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1459774...ful-world-cup/
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th July 2017 at 06:43.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    RECORD-BREAKING ICC WOMEN’S WORLD CUP TO END WITH CAPACITY FINAL

· Tickets for ICC Women’s World Cup at Lord’s final now sold out with more than 26,500 expected to be in attendance on Sunday

· Global TV audience reach of over 50 million for group stage matches

· 32 million page views on the ICC Website and App and 75 million views on ICC video content of group stage games

· 50% of ticket buyers are female and 31% under 16

An International Cricket Council (ICC) summer of success comes to a record-breaking finale this weekend with a sell-out ICC Women’s World Cup final at Lord’s Cricket Ground.

It will be the biggest crowd ever to attend an ICC Women’s World match which is fitting for a tournament that has shattered records on and off the field. More than 26,500 tickets have been sold for the event with only MCC Members able to purchase any remaining tickets.

Unprecedented media coverage, including all 31 games shown live for the first ever time, has seen a global audience of more than 50 million for the group stage games with ICC video content from the group stages being viewed more than 75 million times.

Record-breaking global TV audiences have watched the group stage unfold with a staggering number following the event via digital channels. Viewing figures include:

· 80% higher global viewership expected across the course of the event (vs 2013 edition)
    · Global TV audience reach of more than 50 million
    · 51% increase in the UK TV audience (vs 2013 edition)
    · 47% increase in Indian TV audience (vs 2013 edition)
    · 300% increase in Australian TV audience (vs 2013 edition)
    · 32 million page views on ICC Women’s World Cup website and app
    · 75 million views of ICC video content
    · In the UK, on the BBC Sport website “Brilliant Wilson catch removes Manodara” is the second most popular cricket clip on BBC Sport over the past 28 days with over 190,000 views.

On the field, records have been shattered, providing fans with the highest quality Women’s World Cup to date (figures correct as at pre-semi-finals). The event has seen more runs, more wickets and more players than ever before competing for records on the global stage.

· The league match between England and South Africa saw a record total of 678 runs
    · That match also saw Tammy Beaumont and Sarah Taylor set a new England ODI partnership record of 275 runs
    · 14 innings have passed the 250 mark (vs eight in the whole 2013 edition)
    · 12 players from seven teams averaging more than 50 so far (vs six in the whole 2013 edition)
    · South Africa boasts most successful bowlers van Niekerk and Kapp with 27 wickets between them (pre-semi-final)
    · Van Niekerk has already equalled the best bowling performance of 2013 (Schutt of Australia)

Other stats of note include:

· Ticket purchasers equal 50:50 male : female split
    · 31% of all tickets to U16s
    · 30,000 people visiting fan parks
    · Average ticket sales higher than any previous world Cup – almost 1,700 per game
    · The ticket resale service has been available to fans, who can no longer attend the final, since Monday and so far 152 tickets have been resold from fans to fans.

Steve Elworthy, the ICC Women’s World Cup Tournament director, said: “We promised that this would be the best-ever ICC Women’s World Cup and I believe that the statistics – on and off the field – show that we have delivered on that pledge. The attendances have been outstanding and they have been treated to some exciting, exhilarating cricket.’

Clare Connor, the chair of the ICC Women’s Committee, added: “The challenge for this tournament was to ensure that we showcased the talent of the world's best cricketers, and to inspire the next generation of girls and women to engage with the game. The quality of cricket has been truly fantastic and the demographics of the crowds we've seen reveal that we have attracted thousands of girls and women to attend. Now we have to retain that level of interest to continue to build a new fan base and drive levels of participation, both in this country and around the world."

The winners of the two semi-finals will meet in the historic final at Lord’s on Sunday 23 July.

Notes to editors

Attendances

· WWC17 group-stage total ticket sales total 47.0k
    · Two sell-out matches during the group-stage of WWC17 – ENG v IND @ Derby and IND v PAK @ Derby.
    Top selling match overall – ENG v AUS @ Bristol – 4.7k
    Top selling non-England match – IND v PAK @ Derby 3.1k
    · 50% of purchasers were female
    · 31% of all group-stage tickets were for children

TV Audience
    In the UK, via Sky Sports, the group stages of the event reached 2.35 million. 1.75 million (5 minute+ threshold), already a 51% increase to the 2013 event at the same stage of the event.
    In India, after four matches televised, of which one was rain affected, the event has so far reached 52 million, which is already a 47% increase in comparison to the same stage of the 2013 event which was held in India.
    In Australia, the increase in viewership in comparison to the 2013 event is more than 300%
    In South Africa, the increase in viewership in comparison to the 2013 event after the first five broadcast matches is 259%

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AUSTRALIA AND INDIA READY FOR SEMI-FINAL CLASH IN DERBY

Australia batter Nicole Bolton: “It's irrelevant where we play, if we play our best cricket hopefully we’ll win the match”

· India captain Mithali Raj: “We’ve played a lot of the group stage here, four games, so we are aware of the conditions and that is our advantage”

The pre-match audios, photographs from the Australia v India semi-final and post-match video interviews to be available at the Online Media Zone

· The match can be watched live on different channels across the world as per schedule given below

India may be more familiar than Australia with surroundings in Derby but Nicole Bolton is confident the world champion can win anywhere if its produces its best cricket.

Mithali Raj’s side has won all four of the games it has played at the County Ground, where India meets Australia in the second ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 semi-final, including against host England in the opening match of the tournament.

But it was Australia who came out on top when the two sides met at Bristol in the group stage as Meg Lanning and Ellyse Perry both made unbeaten half-centuries.

And Nicole Bolton, who has scored 337 runs at 56.16 in the tournament thus far, is confident Australia can adapt quickly to conditions in Derby and book a place in the final to be played at Lord’s.

"We'll make sure we're really clear what our plans are. On any given day, it's irrelevant where we play, if we play our best cricket hopefully we'll win the match,” she said.

"India have played a couple of matches at Derby as well so they'll be pretty familiar with the conditions as well.

"We can't afford to be off our game, as you have seen throughout the tournament, if you have an off day the other team can get a big jump on you.

"We'll have to do a bit of homework, look at the conditions and see what Derby has to offer because I think India will come out and really take it to us.

"With the extra break heading into the game, we'll be able to familiarise ourselves with the ground and the conditions and have a look at some footage as well.”

India captain Raj has been in fine form with the bat herself though, scoring 356 runs in seven innings and becoming the first woman to surpass 6,000 runs in one-day cricket in the process.

She scored 69 in defeat to the Australians earlier in the competition but knows that counts for nothing when India meets the reigning world champion on Thursday.

“It’s all about how the teams respond to the situation and the conditions on the day,” she added.

“How the players play the situation is important because having said that Derby is our home ground, you need to perform on that day to win.”

“We’ve played a lot of the group stage here, four games, so we are aware of the conditions and that is our advantage.

“But Australia is a very good side. They won the last edition of this tournament and they have a lot of players who have played in high-pressure games.

“But for this Indian team, it is going to be a big game and if we can pull out one win, it will be exceptional by the team.”

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Harman's bowling has gone down.
    She is doing well with her batting now,sad that its come against a top side which can side,amazing performance nevertheless.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    superb batting by Kaur !!!!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic innings from Harmanpreet!
    171*(115).

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The ICC Women's World Cup 2017

This innings by Harmanpreet Kaur is the greatest ODI innings I´ve ever seen in Women´s cricket. Well and truly. If anyone out there doesn´t quite understand some batsmen talk about when they say of feeling "In the zone", just watch this innings. A most accurate depiction of what being in the zone means. Fabulous hitting.

Australia.... Well, a big challenge ahead of them. Can´t see them getting there barring a blinder from Meg Lanning. Only she from that batting line-up can dare to look at that required run-rate without fear, or in Women´s cricket in general perhaps.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Need to be disciplined in the ground and we have a chance.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great innings, that too in a semi-final. Definitely giving India a great chance to book a place in the final.

Huge contrast between the Indian Women's cricket team versus the rest of the subcontinent Women teams.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has any team chased with a RRR of 7? Has Aus done it?
    Please help here folks!!!!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very surprising result so far.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hope the Indian men are watching as to how to swing and seam the ball from our women.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was just thinking about how well Indian women have caught in this tournament and lol Pandeyji puts down one.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Momentum shifting,cmon eves!

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the Indian Ladies are pouring it on the Australian Ladies !!!!!!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was just thinking about how well Indian women have caught in this tournament and lol Pandeyji puts down one.
    What gives the impression that Indian women caught well in this tournament? Fielding / catching was always their weak point and they've been terrible right throughout.

Would be stunning if we can pull this off though. Aus have won the WC 6 times and they are even more dominant than their men's team.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Villani seems to pulling off a Harmanpreet Kaur here. Dangerous times for India.