Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 160 of 336
  1. #81
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    wah kya baat ha,,got happy to see him... i knew he is ur pick and i have seen him,,he is quite good..but very ordinary against short bowling..

    Happy to see Sameen Gul & Sahibzada ?


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  2. #82
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Happy to see Sameen Gul & Sahibzada ?
    I'm very happy to see Sahibzada.

    Hopefully we see him in green very soon.

  3. #83
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, KSA
    Runs
    988
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How the hell does Umar Akmal keep getting selected?
    "Talented" is probably the word you're looking for.

  4. #84
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, KSA
    Runs
    988
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Trundler wiped the floor with your favourite phasst Wahab in the one opportunity he got. Rumman in one match achieved more than what phasst Wahab achieved in his entire career, that is to pick up wicket with a new ball.
    Bro I think you're overdoing the phaast Wahab hate thingey.

    I mean I know he's very very bad in LOIs but he's still important in tests especially on UAE wickets where (unfortunately) we play most of our test cricket.

  5. #85
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, KSA
    Runs
    988
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    I'm very happy to see Sahibzada.

    Hopefully we see him in green very soon.
    Him, Sharjeel and Fakhar in the squad for LOIs is probably the best thing that can happen in the near future.

    This is based on my personal assumption that Sharjeel will emerge either innocent or with a very minor sentence.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,901
    Mentioned
    1152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Agha Salman is also an off-spinner.

    I know, but I am talking about specialist offie like Saqline, Ajmal, Tauseef or Arshad.

  7. #87
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I know, but I am talking about specialist offie like Saqline, Ajmal, Tauseef or Arshad.
    I don't think we need specialist offie, Maybe in tests but we already have Yasir Shah.

    Usama Mir is also a Quality bowler with future in test matches.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PCB needs to hire Yousuf, Saqlain & Akhtar for 4-5 weeks.


    These guys are filthy rich so for Pak sake they should drop their fees.


    Shoaib & Yousuf have previously claimed that they are willing to work free for betterment for Pakistan Cricket.


    Inzamam, Mudassar & Mushtaq need to chalk out the plan.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  9. #89
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    I'm very happy to see Sahibzada.

    Hopefully we see him in green very soon.

    He was certain to be picked so no surprises there.


    Abi thori dair hai. Developments needed. Not a finished article.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  10. #90
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,580
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Happy to see Sameen Gul & Sahibzada ?
    over the moon...my brother called me in aftari time and said that players have been announced first question i asked sbout is sahibzada there and he said yes,,,

  11. #91
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,580
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    He was certain to be picked so no surprises there.


    Abi thori dair hai. Developments needed. Not a finished article.
    u said his front foot game needs some work,,can mudassir rectiry it as M

  12. #92
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How the hell does Umar Akmal keep getting selected?


    Let him get fit under the nose of PCB.

    I am sure that work will be done on Mental development of players aswell since it's high performance camp.


    Dropped from national team on fitness grounds so nothing wromg to be part of fitness camp. Inzi rates him plus allegedly there is a political push too but for a camp of 27 I don't see any issue.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    25,856
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    PCB needs to hire Yousuf, Saqlain & Akhtar for 4-5 weeks.


    These guys are filthy rich so for Pak sake they should drop their fees.


    Shoaib & Yousuf have previously claimed that they are willing to work free for betterment for Pakistan Cricket.


    Inzamam, Mudassar & Mushtaq need to chalk out the plan.


    The way Shoaib sells his soul and country's pride on Indian low level channels is anything but cring worthy to say the least; judging by that one would think he is someone who will sell his soul for money any time and is not that rich!

    Yousaf has not acted in best of ways on TV and letting his personal biases drive him and Saqlain (going by some reports) does not mind free non-earned money.

    Not sure how they will work for free for not one day but weeks or so?


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  14. #94
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,558
    Mentioned
    2447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Excellent list. No issues with anyone really.

    Gohar, Umar Masood, Bashir, Shakeel, Saad, etc. seem to be missing but you can't pick everyone can you.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  15. #95
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    He was certain to be picked so no surprises there.


    Abi thori dair hai. Developments needed. Not a finished article.
    He is one opener I liked after Sharjeel and Nauman.

    Dua karo issjay saath kuch kharab kaam naa ho.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    The way Shoaib sells his soul and country's pride on Indian low level channels is anything but cring worthy to say the least; judging by that one would think he is someone who will sell his soul for money any time and is not that rich!

    Yousaf has not acted in best of ways on TV and letting his personal biases drive him and Saqlain (going by some reports) does not mind free non-earned money.

    Not sure how they will work for free for not one day but weeks or so?

    I just reminded them of their " claims "


    I don't mind PCB paying them.


    Shoaib can train the pacers the way it is required. He has been through all personally.


    Sahibzada needs guy like Yousuf to teach him use of soft hands and wrists to maneuver field and rotate strike. Despite all the talent he has this issue. Don't see any better teacher than Yousuf.


    Agha Salman & Bilal Asif need Saqlain. Saqlain shouldn't be looked at wrt what he did not Ajmal rather He is rated highly by people of 4 international cricket boards. He is well equipped wrt technical side of offspin (art+science both)


    Agha needs slight adjustment in his delivery stride, pivot etc than his revs would improve and he would get more spin. I don't see anyone other than Saqlain capable of doing that.

    Agha is a classical batsman so Yousuf would be of great help to him aswell.



    During CT Yousuf said on live Tv that He is willing to work with Fakhar Zaman free of Cost. Fakhar plants his front leg too early hence he is late on Short balls. In future teams will come prepared. He can definitely improve but needs right professional help.


    Currently at NCA there is Mushtaq Ahmed Head Coach & probably Mansoor Rana is batting coach with Shahid Aslam Assistant Coach. Mudassar Nazar is Director so he won't be Coaching.


    Grant Flower mighf be on annual leave


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  17. #97
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,983
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    He was certain to be picked so no surprises there.


    Abi thori dair hai. Developments needed. Not a finished article.
    Nothing is certain when it comes to the PCB though :p

  18. #98
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    He is one opener I liked after Sharjeel and Nauman.

    Dua karo issjay saath kuch kharab kaam naa ho.

    Inzi ko tweet kero k Yousuf k saath aik dou haftay Sahibzada training keray at NCA.

    Otherwise grant na hua tou mushtaq aor mansoor will coach him


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  19. #99
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,573
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk

    If you had to choose between Bilal Asif and Imad wasim in ODIs who would you go with ?

    Im getting more inclined towards Bilal


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  20. #100
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Nothing is certain when it comes to the PCB though :p

    Since he isn't fat, has no discipline issues so being the best opener of top list A domestic tournament with A* final performances He was absolutely Certain to be picked.


    Such performances Crash the door of Selectors. Abass is another such example.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  21. #101
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Inzi ko tweet kero k Yousuf k saath aik dou haftay Sahibzada training keray at NCA.

    Otherwise grant na hua tou mushtaq aor mansoor will coach him
    Mansoor is not capable?

    And sir I don't use anything Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram etc

  22. #102
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    @TalentSpotterPk

    If you had to choose between Bilal Asif and Imad wasim in ODIs who would you go with ?

    Im getting more inclined towards Bilal

    Bilal is number 9 batsman for me but a better spinner.

    I want to give Imad one or two more Odi series. His bowling won't improve so He can improve his fitness, fielding and batting. Batting can get dynamic, currently it's too one dimensional.

    If He doesn't raise his batting & fielding He will be dropped after 1 or 2 series because Younger all-rounders will push him surely.


    I would like Agha Salman & Kamran Ghulam to be groomed. They are Hafeez & Imad's replacements.


    Bilal is a better spinner overall than Imaf but Imad has the ability to rub a batsman, upset his temperature and than He traps him with his inswinging drifter where he picks key wickets but overall bowling record isn't satisfactory & is mediocre.


    Billy's real age is an issue aswell.


    I will keep my eyes on offie Daneyal aswell who is playing Ramzan Cricket for some departmental team.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  23. #103
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Mansoor is not capable?

    And sir I don't use anything Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram etc

    He is good coach overall but some areas need specialists. Pak players dot ball issues persist so it means players are not learning or the grass root coaches are failing. Grant is not supposed to teach these skills to seniors.


    If you don't use than Dua kero ya jub tv pe aaey CS tou call kero n request him


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  24. #104
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    He is good coach overall but some areas need specialists. Pak players dot ball issues persist so it means players are not learning or the grass root coaches are failing. Grant is not supposed to teach these skills to seniors.


    If you don't use than Dua kero ya jub tv pe aaey CS tou call kero n request him
    Do you think he has an outside chance of getting picked for SL Series?

  25. #105
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Do you think he has an outside chance of getting picked for SL Series?

    Yes.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  26. #106
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    355
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good oppurtunity for Ammad butt, Hussain talat, and sahibzada Farhan



  27. #107
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,983
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Since he isn't fat, has no discipline issues so being the best opener of top list A domestic tournament with A* final performances He was absolutely Certain to be picked.


    Such performances Crash the door of Selectors. Abass is another such example.
    It was a light-hearted comment about how the PCB doesn't always do the logical thing! More seriously, I am very excited to see how Sahibzada Farhan develops.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    It was a light-hearted comment about how the PCB doesn't always do the logical thing! More seriously, I am very excited to see how Sahibzada Farhan develops.

    Hope he doesn't go Nauman Anwar's way.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  29. #109
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    3,591
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not many from the team that won the recent tournament?


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    405
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Hope he doesn't go Nauman Anwar's way.
    Do you thing shahibzada farhan will be picked for the WI tour ?

  31. #111
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,983
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Bilal is number 9 batsman for me but a better spinner.

    I want to give Imad one or two more Odi series. His bowling won't improve so He can improve his fitness, fielding and batting. Batting can get dynamic, currently it's too one dimensional.

    If He doesn't raise his batting & fielding He will be dropped after 1 or 2 series because Younger all-rounders will push him surely.


    I would like Agha Salman & Kamran Ghulam to be groomed. They are Hafeez & Imad's replacements.


    Bilal is a better spinner overall than Imaf but Imad has the ability to rub a batsman, upset his temperature and than He traps him with his inswinging drifter where he picks key wickets but overall bowling record isn't satisfactory & is mediocre.


    Billy's real age is an issue aswell.


    I will keep my eyes on offie Daneyal aswell who is playing Ramzan Cricket for some departmental team.
    I agree he should be given one or two more series and if he doesn't improve he should be dropped. But do you actually see them dropping him though? Mickey seems to rate him highly.

  32. #112
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,983
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Hope he doesn't go Nauman Anwar's way.
    Yes exactly.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    Do you thing shahibzada farhan will be picked for the WI tour ?

    Don't we have an series with SL in UAE in Sept ?


    Sahibzada would be in contention for 3rd opener.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  34. #114
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    405
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    Do you thing shahibzada farhan will be picked for the WI tour ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Hope he doesn't go Nauman Anwar's way.
    I meant SL tour...

  35. #115
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    405
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Don't we have an series with SL in UAE in Sept ?


    Sahibzada would be in contention for 3rd opener.
    Yeah I meant SL...sorry

  36. #116
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,297
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Farhan kicks out Shehzad immediately. Can't let this guy get a fluke performance like Hafeez.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  37. #117
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Hopefully Farhan kicks out Shehzad immediately. Can't let this guy get a fluke performance like Hafeez.
    He is not selected for the camp and has barely played CT, So it's likely that he will be dropped?

  38. #118
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,297
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    He is not selected for the camp and has barely played CT, So it's likely that he will be dropped?
    Hoping for the best.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  39. #119
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Hoping for the best.
    @Chief Destroyer Hope se acha hai Inzi ko iftaari karwado biryani ke saath, jalde karo rozay kum he rehtay hain

  40. #120
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,901
    Mentioned
    1152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    PCB needs to hire Yousuf, Saqlain & Akhtar for 4-5 weeks.


    These guys are filthy rich so for Pak sake they should drop their fees.


    Shoaib & Yousuf have previously claimed that they are willing to work free for betterment for Pakistan Cricket.


    Inzamam, Mudassar & Mushtaq need to chalk out the plan.


    This is not a right approach or thought process. And, this is why top PAK cricketers don't get involved with PCB. Tendulkar was richer than entire PAK team combined - that doesn't mean that he was expected to play without central contract.

    What you are suggesting is a compromise, which always results in lack of accountability & commitment. If they (Saq, MoYo, Shoaib) are good enough, they'll work as professional & they should be paid accordingly - and that competition has to be global. If they are better than someone from abroad, hire them, or find the best person available for the right money.

  41. #121
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,901
    Mentioned
    1152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    I don't think we need specialist offie, Maybe in tests but we already have Yasir Shah.

    Usama Mir is also a Quality bowler with future in test matches.
    This is a high performance camp - should cover every area. I think, there are couple of very good off spinners, but both in their mid to late 30s (Tahir Khan & Nasir Awais??), but not much from younger block. They should try to work with Aga Salman, so that he can compete for the No. 7 spot as 2nd spinner & all-rounder. For Test, one specialist offie is required against teams which has 3/4 lefties in top 7 (At present BD, AUS & WI has 4, while SRL also should have 2/3 in next series).

  42. #122
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    122
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy1999 View Post
    These are all still at the grass routes

    With INZI around expect them to be in this position next year
    Saud Shakeel and Atif Jabbar are no grass route players, both have 2-3 first class season under their belt.

  43. #123
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Montreal-Lahore Canada-Pakistan
    Runs
    3,823
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Some Excellent Picks.


    I am very pleased to see Agha Salman


    Agha hope you are reading. Work as hard as you can. Golden oppurtunity.
    I was just thinking, to complete our team we would need a good young spin bowling all-rounder and could not think of anyone than I see this lads name.

    Seems young only 23 has got some good stats aswell, could you give me any information on how talented he is and what kind of prospect he is? Can he be a hard hitting spin all-rounder at 5/6 or is he a more accumlative player? And what type of bowler is he also?

    Hope I am not bothering you, but would love to know about this talented player.


    IN PAKISTAN LIES OUR DELIVERANCE,DEFENCE, AND HONOUR.
    -Muhammad Ali Jinnah

  44. #124
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,694
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    PCB needs to hire Yousuf, Saqlain & Akhtar for 4-5 weeks.


    These guys are filthy rich so for Pak sake they should drop their fees.


    Shoaib & Yousuf have previously claimed that they are willing to work free for betterment for Pakistan Cricket.


    Inzamam, Mudassar & Mushtaq need to chalk out the plan.
    Yeah, they should save the PCB's money so that our chairman can spend on his frequent travels and vacation with family. Why SYK at this age has to go wherever his team goes, he was also at CT, what exactly was he doing and we know who spend the money.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    1,214
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compiled list of missing players recommended by posters in this thread...

    Nasir nawaz, kamran ghulam, zafar gohar, Gulam Mudassar, Asad Raza, Zeshan Malik, Saif Badar, ahmed Bashir, saud shakeel, hassan mohsin, atif jabbar, ehteshaam sultan


    Aanay do!

  46. #126
    Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    419
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is going to be under mickey arthur and sarfraz then big thumbs up

  47. #127
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    805
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great, fawad alam and khurrum manzur again ignored

  48. #128
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    178
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would've liked to Sadaf Hussain.....

  49. #129
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    537
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would Love to Shinwari bowl more in PSL

  50. #130
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    234
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    The openers are quite a contrast in style.
    dour: imam and sami
    aggressive: fakhar and farhan
    I feel Sami has been wrongly labelled as a dour test only player. He has the ability to adapt his game to the requirements of LOIs. The perception that he is a dour LOI player is based on his test innings (which if anything showcased his impeccable technique and temperament) and the 4 ODIs he has played. In my opinion he is a long term solution to Pakistan's opening problem.

  51. #131
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Stoke
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BA56 View Post
    Saud Shakeel and Atif Jabbar are no grass route players, both have 2-3 first class season under their belt.
    Haven't yet played about 25 + FC matches

  52. #132
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,458
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QalandarFan View Post
    I was just thinking, to complete our team we would need a good young spin bowling all-rounder and could not think of anyone than I see this lads name.

    Seems young only 23 has got some good stats aswell, could you give me any information on how talented he is and what kind of prospect he is? Can he be a hard hitting spin all-rounder at 5/6 or is he a more accumlative player? And what type of bowler is he also?

    Hope I am not bothering you, but would love to know about this talented player.

    Not a big hitter or hard hitting allrounder.

    Read this thread. I have provided all the information here :

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...formance-Watch


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  53. #133
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Srinagar;Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    660
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good names there like Talat,Usama,Farhan,etc.

    But the players which are missing and should've been there are Saif Badar,Saud shakeel,Zeeshan Malik,Umair Masood and Zafar Gohar.

    But I think as @MMHS said this might be the first batch and other players might follow because this is a long camp-10 weeks that is huge.

  54. #134
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,872
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I wanted to see more batsmen who can play fast against pace bowling.

    Talat
    Faheem
    Umar

    Yes. These can. But need more!! Can't expext all of them to succeed.

    Farhan
    Amin
    Haris

    These are more of strokeplayers which is good. But need brutal hitting vs pace too.
    lol back to defend UA... brutal hitting UA not anymore he is like sohail tanvir when it comes to batting these days...

    Cant be selected again and again on past glories...

  55. #135
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    468
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no Fawad Alam

  56. #136
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four Opner in the list and all are better then Ahmad Shahzed and Shan Masood

    And where is Sohaib Maqsood?

  57. #137
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    65
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inshallah Umar Amin will make a strong comeback
    First in Tests and Secondly In ODI & T20s

  58. #138
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    122
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy1999 View Post
    Haven't yet played about 25 + FC matches
    That's just an arbitrary number.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,983
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    I seriously hope that Shadab is made to work on his batting also. I am concerned because he is listed in spinners not in spin bowling all-rounders.
    Agreed.

  60. #140
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    102
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by as-95 View Post
    Compiled list of missing players recommended by posters in this thread...

    Nasir nawaz, kamran ghulam, zafar gohar, Gulam Mudassar, Asad Raza, Zeshan Malik, Saif Badar, ahmed Bashir, saud shakeel, hassan mohsin, atif jabbar, ehteshaam sultan
    pretty good list actually

  61. #141
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,983
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    He is not selected for the camp and has barely played CT, So it's likely that he will be dropped?
    He may be picked for his celebrations...

  62. #142
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,983
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by as-95 View Post
    Compiled list of missing players recommended by posters in this thread...

    Nasir nawaz, kamran ghulam, zafar gohar, Gulam Mudassar, Asad Raza, Zeshan Malik, Saif Badar, ahmed Bashir, saud shakeel, hassan mohsin, atif jabbar, ehteshaam sultan
    On the whole, some very exciting selections for the camp.

    In terms of the names that have missed out, I am sure Inzi will select some of them in the future if they continue to perform.

  63. #143
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    545
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does Umar Akmal keep getting picked??? It's mind-boggling. His attitude and approach is contagious to the team.


    Now that you feel it, you don't

  64. #144
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    1,983
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nextover666666 View Post
    would have love to see Zafar Gohar love this guy, and Hussian Talat, regardless a good group of players in the camp.
    Talat is in the camp. As for Gohar, we have a surplus of left-arm spinners at the moment so it is not a priority.

  65. #145
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,901
    Mentioned
    1152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
    Some good names there like Talat,Usama,Farhan,etc.

    But the players which are missing and should've been there are Saif Badar,Saud shakeel,Zeeshan Malik,Umair Masood and Zafar Gohar.

    But I think as @MMHS said this might be the first batch and other players might follow because this is a long camp-10 weeks that is huge.
    In his interview with BBC with Athers, Arthur mentioned about finding 10 new kids for next WC, for a transition. What I see is 6 or 7 such names

    Imam, Farhan, Sameen, Irfan (Leggi), Aga Salman. May be we can add Irfan (pacer) & Talat as well. Rest are actually known players, hence I do feel there will be some addition.

  66. #146
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,908
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Anyone who remains fit and survive 10 weeks should be an automatic selection for the national team.

  67. #147
    Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Srinagar;Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    660
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    In his interview with BBC with Athers, Arthur mentioned about finding 10 new kids for next WC, for a transition. What I see is 6 or 7 such names

    Imam, Farhan, Sameen, Irfan (Leggi), Aga Salman. May be we can add Irfan (pacer) & Talat as well. Rest are actually known players, hence I do feel there will be some addition.
    What is your take on Umair Masood and Zeeshan Malik?I know you have been impressed by Saud and Saif but what about these two? To me Umair should be a long term investment and should be the predecessor for Sarfaraz.And Zeeshan being the opener in the coming years.

  68. #148
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is prolific left hand middle order batsman FAWAD ALAM..he is by far best first class batsman Pakistan has ever produced..and also proven player in international level as well..but unfortunately PCB ignoring him day after day with no reason or reason best known to them..or racism behind it...they have selected unfit Umar Akmal again and again...selected Umar Amin repeatedly failure batsman...they have selected Asif Zakir with no achievement behind him..overaged...

  69. #149
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,296
    Mentioned
    4196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Great selections 9/10, very excited to see Sahibzada Farhan there!


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  70. #150
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Great selections 9/10, very excited to see Sahibzada Farhan there!
    Saif Badar and Ehtisham Sultan there will make it 10/10

  71. #151
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,901
    Mentioned
    1152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
    What is your take on Umair Masood and Zeeshan Malik?I know you have been impressed by Saud and Saif but what about these two? To me Umair should be a long term investment and should be the predecessor for Sarfaraz.And Zeeshan being the opener in the coming years.
    I have seen little - Zeeshan is probably like Farhan or Imran Nazir. Very good crispy stroke maker, but probably not so solid. How much he'll go beyond Nazir, depends on what lies above his shoulder.

    Umair is a fantastic prospect as WK batsman. He is technically sound bat & decent WK. However, I feel he is better suited for longer format, because of his batting style. Not the brutal hitter. There was one more guy Umar Siddique, but seems he has faded away. The young kid Ruhail must be good with bat, but haven't seen him.

  72. #152
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,297
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    How the hell does Umar Akmal keep getting selected?
    Rated both by Mickey and Inzi. You need to tweet them.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  73. #153
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,296
    Mentioned
    4196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Rated both by Mickey and Inzi. You need to tweet them.
    I think if anyone is to get the best out of him, it is those two; my hopes are not high but imagine an UA at 100% efficiency with a defined role in the team.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  74. #154
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,297
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I think if anyone is to get the best out of him, it is those two; my hopes are not high but imagine an UA at 100% efficiency with a defined role in the team.
    If he's willing to get his act together. Adding him to the lineup only gives us another dimension now that there are reliable players around him.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  75. #155
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    If he's willing to get his act together. Adding him to the lineup only gives us another dimension now that there are reliable players around him.
    Akmal is gone, You need to realize this.

  76. #156
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,296
    Mentioned
    4196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Akmal is gone, You need to realize this.
    "Pakistan will not win the Champions Trophy"

    @Chief Destroyer


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  77. #157
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,297
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Akmal is gone, You need to realize this.
    I'm not advocating for him. Just answering the Bear. It's Inzi and Mickey who clearly rate him.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  78. #158
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    7,297
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    "Pakistan will not win the Champions Trophy"

    @Chief Destroyer
    Our friend is still in shock. Let's give him some time.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  79. #159
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    I'm not advocating for him. Just answering the Bear. It's Inzi and Mickey who clearly rate him.
    They need to move on as well then and look for better and new players who can be destructive.

    Akmal's lack of brain cells, temperament, fitness and lately even batting abilities are under question mark.

    Inzi agar issko biryani ki jagah badaam bhi khilaye tab bhi isska kuch nai hoga.

  80. #160
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,472
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Our friend is still in shock. Let's give him some time.
    It was unexpected, Every sane person including you will agree.

    Anyways winning always feels good specially against padosis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •