Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    As I recall he was part of this NCA camp...
    Yes, he is. But there seems to be radio silence regarding him. Haven't seen him in any of the photos etc.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    It is the national T20 Cup. To the best of my knowledge, the schedule does not appear to have been published as of yet.
    Correct. In fact, no schedule has yet been announced for the domestic season or even the next Pakistan series.

Yes, he is. But there seems to be radio silence regarding him. Haven't seen him in any of the photos etc.
    The pictures are haphazard and seem to be completely random. Many more players at the camp than the ones in the pictures.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Correct. In fact, no schedule has yet been announced for the domestic season or even the next Pakistan series.

The pictures are haphazard and seem to be completely random. Many more players at the camp than the ones in the pictures.
    True, but as I mentioned in one of my other posts the "C" and "D" central contracts includes most of the players who are currently taking part in the NCA Camp- such as Imam Ul Haq, Aamer Yamin, Usman Shinwari, Muhammad Rizwan, Muhammad Hassan etc. Hopefully this doesn't mean the others who have not been awarded contracts will be completely ignored, such as Sahibzada Farhan, Usama Mir, Ammad Butt, Hussain Tallat, Agha Salman.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear, I sincerely hope Salman is not taking part in the camp.

Talking of which, Abdullah bhai do you have an updated list of the players taking part? So far, I have spotted Zeeshan Malik, Saad Ali, Hassan Khan, and Ehsan Adil taking part in the camp despite not being on the original list of invitees.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Talking of which, Abdullah bhai do you have an updated list of the players taking part? So far, I have spotted Zeeshan Malik, Saad Ali, Hassan Khan, and Ehsan Adil taking part in the camp despite not being on the original list of invitees.
    I have heard Salman Butt is indeed at the camp too.

The only list I have is in the first post of this thread. Which doesn't appear to be a complete one... perhaps it's a free for all!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard Salman Butt is indeed at the camp too.

The only list I have is in the first post of this thread. Which doesn't appear to be a complete one... perhaps it's a free for all!
    Why on earth was he invited to take part? I advise all the youngsters to stay well clear of him.

A free for all indeed!

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Srinagar;Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on earth was he invited to take part? I advise all the youngsters to stay well clear of him.

A free for all indeed!
    Well,He was also invited for the meeting by Haroon Rasheed and Shakeel Sheikh for giving his valuable input about domestic cricket structure.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salman Butt requested for his inclusion in the ongoing training in NCA and he was allowed by the authorities.
    Lahore Qalandars off-season training is also going on these days under the supervision of Aqib Javed so you would also see most of the LQ players in NCA these days.
    Moreover, it's NCA and any player can take part in training there.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketerB94 View Post
    Salman Butt requested for his inclusion in the ongoing training in NCA and he was allowed by the authorities.
    Lahore Qalandars off-season training is also going on these days under the supervision of Aqib Javed so you would also see most of the LQ players in NCA these days.
    Moreover, it's NCA and any player can take part in training there.
    Yes I have been following LQ's off season training- Saif Badar in particular.

I am aware it is the NCA, and Butt is welcome to do his own training but he should not have been included in the PCB Camp.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One thing I like about the new crop of u19 is that they are excellent fielder. None better then hasan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice. If this is the level of fielding we are going to see in future then that is a mouth watering prospect.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Hassan Khan can develop his batting a bit more to displace the lazy Imad from our One Day side.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    it is not necessary to be an athlete to know this.....from my knowledge i know that hard surfaces are not suited for running....neither too soft are good,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    @DRsohail is 100% correct.

The most gifted English footballer of the last forty years, Paul Lake, saw his career destroyed by having to run up and down the Kippax Stand at Manchester City's old Maine Road stadium.

Running up and down a stadium's stand is an appalling training exercise.
    What about basketball and plenty of other sports which are played on the pavement or hard ground? Are these guys all damaging their legs?

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is brilliant from hassan.
    Hope other players watching him get inspired by his effort and start giving importance to fielding.

Pakistan team needs players who are committed to fielding along with their respective skills(batting/bowling).
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 21st July 2017 at 02:18.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    What about basketball and plenty of other sports which are played on the pavement or hard ground? Are these guys all damaging their legs?
    no bro the stairs and hard surface both in combintaion are dangerous....not only hard surfce..

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    976 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hassan Khan and Shadab Khan are the two best fielders in Pakistan, can't expect that level of effort from all our upcoming youngsters.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

High performance camp to produce cricketers: Mudassar

LAHORE, July 20 (APP): Director National Cricket Academy Mudassar Nazar said on Thursday that the ongoing high performance cricket camp will help in identifying new talented players to fill the void in the national team after the retirement of former Pakistan captains, Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan.

“Whenever such an activity (camp) has been organised it served the Pakistan cricket in a big way as few talented players were discovered to serve the national team,” he told the media here.

Musaddar recalled that in 2003 and 2009 long duration high performance camps were organised and on both occasions it helped in getting quality cricketers to be a part of the national team.

“It is not easy to find the replacements of Misbah and Younis as they served the game with pride creating records for the homeland,” he said adding.”

To a question, he said sometimes it is easy to get the replacements of iconic cricketers and sometimes it takes years to find the player of their class. “It is my personal experience based on my involvement in the previous camps (2003 and 2009) that we have been able to find very good players who served the national cricket for quite a period,” he said.

He said it is not fair thought to conclude that after success in the Champions trophy the team is fully balanced in all aspects. “Based on one title win in a major tournament we can not sit back and relax ,still there is a lot of work to be done on the national side with passage of time and its participation in future events, team building is continuous process and so is the replacement of players in case of their failure,” said the NCA director.

Mudassar said the high performance will also help in improving the standards of the domestic cricket as when the participants of the camp will feature in the national tournaments they will be far ahead in all physical fitness and technique and the other players will be learning from them to improve the level of their game and fitness.

To a question he said efforts are being made to strengthen the pace battery of the national team by giving special attention to the pace bowlers. “We have few youngsters in our national junior squads (U16 and U17) who are really quick but we have to wait for while to see them at their peak,” he added. “During the tour of our A team we discover one or two high quality cricketers and that is success of that team,” he said adding “There is dire need to pay attention on our junior teams to groom the talent as it takes a lot of time and effort to find such cricketers who can serve the game for quite a long time.”

https://www.app.com.pk/high-performa...ters-mudassar/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Work underway to enhance players fitness, mental toughness: NCA head coach

LAHORE, July 20 (APP): Head coach of the National Cricket Academy, former test cricketer Mushtaq Ahmad said on Thursday that greater emphasis is being laid to enhance players fitness and mental toughness in the high performance camp here at the NCA.

“It is a very important venture (camp) as the coaches are working on different aspects of the game even basics of the game which will never change besides focusing on improving players fitness and mental toughness which help them in becoming great cricketers at international level,” he told the media here while giving his input on the first two-week training of the ten week-long camp.

Mustaq said the prime objective is to increase the effort level of the players so that they should perform in pressure situations at international level while pushing themselves for achieving set targets.

“If a player has the capacity to run for five kilometers, we are motivating him through various physical drills to take his effort level to seven kilometers and definitely this capacity building will be an added advantage for him in his international cricket career,” said the former test spinner.

“Players are working in the gym as well as they are running on road and in the Punjab stadium to get the experience of running at different fields, both soft and solid,” he said adding “By that way they will be adjusting themselves at different natures of the grounds while playing cricket as Australian, England and other cricket playing countries grounds which are quite different in comparison with each other being soft or solid.”

NCA head coach termed the long duration camp a modern cricket design to sharpen in the skills and bettering techniques of the players to a required level of the competitive cricket. “We want to remove the inner fear factor of the players while they play cricket to showcase their talent to the maximum level, getting rid of the feelings that are not capable of achieving set targets,” he asserted.

Mushtaq praised the interest and keenness of the camp trainees and said they (players) themselves are of the view that after initial training there is visible improvement in their physical fitness and mental toughness.

“Modern-day cricket requires a lot from a players, the best of his abilities, his top fitness and they are the components which will lead them to excellence in their cricket careers,” he said adding “NCA is up to this task to encourage the players to learn basic and finer points of the game to serve the game in a better way and to become useful part of the national squads in due course of time.”

https://www.app.com.pk/work-underway...ca-head-coach/

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To a question he said efforts are being made to strengthen the pace battery of the national team by giving special attention to the pace bowlers. “We have few youngsters in our national junior squads (U16 and U17) who are really quick but we have to wait for while to see them at their peak,” he added. “During the tour of our A team we discover one or two high quality cricketers and that is success of that team,” he said adding “There is dire need to pay attention on our junior teams to groom the talent as it takes a lot of time and effort to find such cricketers who can serve the game for quite a long time.”
    interesting to hear this from mudassar i hope they are taken care of we need desperately a fast bowler of 145+

who are these lads anyone knows

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    interesting to hear this from mudassar i hope they are taken care of we need desperately a fast bowler of 145+

This quote muddasser got me very excited. Please anyone find out who these lads are. Pace is pace yaar☺

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    This quote muddasser got me very excited. Please anyone find out who these lads are. Pace is pace yaar☺
    i have no idea bro but i hope he is right about these bowlers

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Based on one title win in a major tournament we can not sit back and relax ,still there is a lot of work to be done on the national side with passage of time and its participation in future events, team building is continuous process and so is the replacement of players in case of their failure,” said the NCA director.
    This is good to hear- it suggests the likes of Malik and Hafeez are not guaranteed selections, and will actually need to earn their place in the team. Let's hope the management backs its words up with action.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous_guy View Post
    This is brilliant from hassan.
    Hope other players watching him get inspired by his effort and start giving importance to fielding.

Pakistan team needs players who are committed to fielding along with their respective skills(batting/bowling).
    Impressive fielding, wish other players would take fielding as serious as him and Shadab. Fielding is actually fun, great fielding also lifts the moral of the side.

I would go as far as saying, brilliant fielding moments through the games were vital in Pakistan winning the Champions Trophy.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 21st July 2017 at 02:19.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: National Cricket Academy head coach Mushtaq Ahmed on Thursday said that greater emphasis was being laid on enhancing players’ fitness and mental toughness level in the high performance camp in progress here at the NCA.

“It is a very important venture [camp] where the coaches are working on different aspects of the game even basics of the game which will never change besides focusing on improving players’ fitness and mental toughness [levels] which help them in becoming great cricketers at international level,” Mushtaq, a former Test spinner, told reporters here while giving his input on the first two weeks training of the ten-week camp.

Mushtaq, 47, said the prime objective of the high performance camp was to improve the performance level of the players so that they could deliver under high pressure situations in international competitions while pushing themselves for achieving set targets.

“If a player has the capacity to run five kilometres, we are motivating him through various physical drills to take his effort level to seven kilometres. This capacity building will definitely be an added advantage for him in his international career,” said the former Test leg-spinner who played 52 Tests capturing 185 wickets at an average of 32.97.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1346591/ph...s-says-mushtaq

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    LAHORE - Director National Cricket Academy Mudassar Nazar Thursday said that the ongoing high performance cricket camp would help in identifying new talented players to fill the void in the national team after the retirement of former Pakistan captains, Misbah-ul-Haq and Younis Khan.

"Whenever such an activity (camp) has been organised it served the Pakistan cricket in a big way as few talented players were discovered to serve the national team," he told the media here.

Musaddar recalled that in 2003 and 2009 long duration high performance camps were organised and on both occasions it helped in getting quality cricketers to be a part of the national team. "It is not easy to find the replacements of Misbah and Younis as they served the game with pride creating records for the homeland," he said.

To a question, he said sometimes it is easy to get the replacements of iconic cricketers and sometimes it takes years to find the player of their class. "It is my personal experience based on my involvement in the previous camps (2003 and 2009) that we have been able to find very good players who served the national cricket for quite a period," he said. He said it is not fair thought to conclude that after success in the Champions trophy the team is fully balanced in all aspects. "Based on one title win in a major tournament we cannot sit back and relax ,still there is a lot of work to be done on the national side with passage of time and its participation in future events, team building is continuous process and so is the replacement of players in case of their failure," said the NCA director.

Mudassar said the high performance will also help in improving the standards of the domestic cricket as when the participants of the camp will feature in the national tournaments they will be far ahead in all physical fitness and technique and the other players will be learning from them to improve the level of their game and fitness.

To a question he said efforts are being made to strengthen the pace battery of the national team by giving special attention to the pace bowlers. "We have few youngsters in our national junior squads (U16 and U17) who are really quick but we have to wait for while to see them at their peak," he added.

"During the tour of our A team we discover one or two high quality cricketers and that is success of that team," he said and added: “There is dire need to pay attention on our junior teams to groom the talent as it takes a lot of time and effort to find such cricketers who can serve the game for quite a long time."

National Cricket Academy (NCA) head coach Mushtaq Ahmad Thursday said that greater emphasis was being laid to enhance players’ fitness and mental toughness in the high performance camp here at the NCA.

"It is a very important venture (camp) as the coaches are working on different aspects of the game even basics of the game which will never change besides focusing on improving players fitness and mental toughness which help them in becoming great cricketers at international level," Mushtaq told media here while giving his input on the first two-week training of the 10 week-long camp.

The former Test cricketer said the prime objective was to increase the effort level of the players so that they should perform in pressure situations at international level while pushing themselves for achieving set targets. "If a player has the capacity to run for five kilometers, we are motivating him through various physical drills to take his effort level to seven kilometers and definitely this capacity building will be an added advantage for him in his international cricket career," he said.

"Players are working in the gym as well as they are running on road and in the Punjab stadium to get the experience of running at different fields, both soft and solid. By that way they will be adjusting themselves at different natures of the grounds while playing cricket as Australian, England and other cricket playing countries grounds which are quite different in comparison with each other being soft or solid,” the NCA head coach said.

Mushtaq said the long-duration camp is designed to sharpen in the skills and bettering techniques of the players to a required level of the competitive cricket. "We want to remove the inner fear factor of the players while they play cricket to showcase their talent to the maximum level, getting rid of the feelings that are not capable of achieving set targets," he asserted.

He praised the interest and keenness of the camp trainees and said they (players) themselves are of the view that after initial training there is visible improvement in their physical fitness and mental toughness.

"Modern-day cricket requires a lot from a player, the best of his abilities, his top fitness and they are the components which will lead them to excellence in their cricket careers. The NCA is up to this task to encourage the players to learn basic and finer points of the game to serve the game in a better way and to become useful part of the national squads in due course of time,” Mushtaq concluded.

http://nation.com.pk/sports/21-Jul-2...eters-mudassar
    Last edited by MenInG; 21st July 2017 at 07:17.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who is the other guy standing with amin??

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Looks like Amin has put lots of muscle in last few months - hope he has done it proper way.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Saj plz find out who the young quicks are that mudasser nazar is mentioning😀 i cant live without knowing

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Looks like Amin has put lots of muscle in last few months - hope he has done it proper way.
    hope 2017 or 18 are the years when this guy makes his mark .....

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Srinagar;Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has put on some muscle not just from few months but from a year or two.I heard in a show some time back that he is a guy who has put on some muscles in a proper manner and one of the few guys in domestics who know how to take care of themselves.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post

Might be Shahin Afridi.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaik View Post
    Might be Shahin Afridi.
    yeah he might be one looks real deal

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaik View Post
    Might be Shahin Afridi.
    Yes, most likely. Wonder who the others are.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt see Haris Sohail in any of the pictures

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    May be the gap from desired level is too big, hence coaches are putting extra efforts on fitness; but from pictures, I feel it's too much emphasis on fitness drills rather than the game skills. Fitness is indeed important, but where is net session - batting, bowling & keeping? Hope it doesn't end in a commando training.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    May be the gap from desired level is too big, hence coaches are putting extra efforts on fitness; but from pictures, I feel it's too much emphasis on fitness drills rather than the game skills. Fitness is indeed important, but where is net session - batting, bowling & keeping? Hope it doesn't end in a commando training.
    It seems that they are having blocks of training. In the quotes I've added in other threads from Usman Salahuddin, etc., they mentioned that first two weeks were for fitness exclusively. I assume that after that, there will be more focus on net sessions.

They can't do just fitness for 10 weeks, after all.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Yes he was named in the list... is he in or is he unfit again..

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It seems that they are having blocks of training. In the quotes I've added in other threads from Usman Salahuddin, etc., they mentioned that first two weeks were for fitness exclusively. I assume that after that, there will be more focus on net sessions.

They can't do just fitness for 10 weeks, after all.
    May be, because players were way behind the expected level, therefore first they are trying to take them at least to a minimum standard. Only issue can be that, after excessive work out in such summer, players don't get too drained by the time skills training starts.

Still great initiative - those who are interested, should know where their fitness level is expected to remain, so that next time they can get into nets straightway from Day 1.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    It's always a joy to see Mudassar Nazar.

One of those men - and Mushtaq Ahmed is another - whom we English don't just like, we love.

By the way, in the first of the new pictures, was that early nineties breakthrough junior Zahid Fazal in the photo? He was a great loss - should have had a top career.
    Last edited by Junaids; 23rd July 2017 at 05:43.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ur views about the right arm medium fast irfan junior?/ @MMHS ...

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be, because players were way behind the expected level, therefore first they are trying to take them at least to a minimum standard. Only issue can be that, after excessive work out in such summer, players don't get too drained by the time skills training starts.

Still great initiative - those who are interested, should know where their fitness level is expected to remain, so that next time they can get into nets straightway from Day 1.
    Fitness is always a part of such camps, irrespective of fitness levels. Maintaining and improving fitness requires regular work.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Smart cricketers should know better than to hang around with shady characters.
    I wonder how Pakistans young cricketers react to those so-called anti-corruption lectures when convicted cheats are wandering around with full use of PCB facilities. It seems that pakistan needs another major scandal to come to its senses. And I won't be surprised if in ensnares some of the beloved hardworking new generation of cricketers.
    In fact I wish it.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    ur views about the right arm medium fast irfan junior?/ @MMHS ...
    Which one - the tall guy bowling for LQ?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Fitness is always a part of such camps, irrespective of fitness levels. Maintaining and improving fitness requires regular work.
    True.

This post is a recurring post regarding the program schedule for 10 weeks. Since start, I have seen pictures only for fitness trainings, not for the gore skills at nets.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True.

This post is a recurring post regarding the program schedule for 10 weeks. Since start, I have seen pictures only for fitness trainings, not for the gore skills at nets.
    See posts 219 and 234- nets photos. As Abdullah bhai said, they have split the 10 weeks between fitness, fielding, skills development, individual coaching etc. Plus the last two weeks of the camp will be practice matches.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS yess that tall fast bowler,he is officially 22 and has played only 13 fc matches for wapda..ha may move to a goood first class team after the recent psl,but ironically he didnt pay in pakistan cup while tanvir and annu were regular,,,,,

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he played very less list a cricket despite the fact that he won the president silver cup for WAPDA in 2015 by taking 4 for 12 in the finals,,

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @MMHS yess that tall fast bowler,he is officially 22 and has played only 13 fc matches for wapda..ha may move to a goood first class team after the recent psl,but ironically he didnt pay in pakistan cup while tanvir and annu were regular,,,,,
    T20 isn't the best place to judge players. I think, his height & high arm action is impressive, but need to improve new ball skills. For his height & action, I don't think he'll reach 150KM sort of pace, therefore it has to be ball skill & accuracy. Might struggle to make PAK team, because there are younger bowlers with better ceiling.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    NCA has to get rid of unqualified trainers like Yasir Malik and hire overseas Pakistanis, preferably from North America.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    T20 isn't the best place to judge players. I think, his height & high arm action is impressive, but need to improve new ball skills. For his height & action, I don't think he'll reach 150KM sort of pace, therefore it has to be ball skill & accuracy. Might struggle to make PAK team, because there are younger bowlers with better ceiling.
    No one has a higher ceiling than Irfan except from maybe his partner Ehtisham.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    No one has a higher ceiling than Irfan except from maybe his partner Ehtisham.
    May be, but I didn't find much exciting, apart from height. Also, action looks clumsy for longer format. Ehtesham looks good indeed.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    May be, but I didn't find much exciting, apart from height. Also, action looks clumsy for longer format. Ehtesham looks good indeed.
    Yes, I don't blame the people who watched him only in the PSL. If I was them, I'd probably have said the same. Irfan wasn't bowling with full confidence and Baz was impatient with him.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Yes, I don't blame the people who watched him only in the PSL. If I was them, I'd probably have said the same. Irfan wasn't bowling with full confidence and Baz was impatient with him.
    He looks like Morne Morkel type bowler.
    But action looked weird.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  Mickey 1.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  371.2 KBName:  mickey 2.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  391.2 KB

The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    Name:  Mickey 1.jpg
Views: 876
Size:  371.2 KBName:  mickey 2.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  391.2 KB
    The boss is back....
    Such a great opportunity for the fringe players to learn from the best coaches( angry Mickey and Steve Rixon).

The real training starts now.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have no fear- Haris is taking part in the Camp

Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th July 2017 at 15:14.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have no fear- Haris is taking part in the Camp

Thanks bhai relieved!
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 26th July 2017 at 15:14.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bhai relieved!
    That makes two of us.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Name:  20294493_1731652380241420_765624127731629299_n.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  20374584_1731652533574738_8819306546032620880_n.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  121.1 KB

Name:  20292645_1731652000241458_6559910081440304468_n.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  217.3 KB

Name:  20431248_1731652170241441_9050316360322619647_n.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  184.5 KB
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th July 2017 at 04:31.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    Name:  20294493_1731652380241420_765624127731629299_n.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  93.7 KB

Name:  20374584_1731652533574738_8819306546032620880_n.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  121.1 KB

Name:  20292645_1731652000241458_6559910081440304468_n.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  217.3 KB

Name:  20431248_1731652170241441_9050316360322619647_n.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  184.5 KB
    Some very tired cricketers in there!

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I really hope that Mickey Arthur and Steve Rixon identify the raw materials in Ehsan Adil and work out how to get him to realise his potential.

Five years ago in the Under-19 series in South Africa, he and Quinton De Kock were the two star players. Adil as much for his batting as his bowling.

Pakistan has a full Test tour of South Africa in 15 months' time. They need a very tall right-arm quick bowler who can bat.

I know that Ehsan Adil only bowls in the mid-130's.

I know that he collapses in his bowling action.

I know that his stamina isn't good enough.

I know that his batting has gone backwards.

But Pakistan cannot win in South Africa without playing 4 fast bowlers, of whom two must be passable batsmen.

I'd be happy with:

6. Sarfraz Ahmed
    7. Shadab Khan (because the spinner will hardly bowl, and needs to be a good batsman)
    8. Mohammad Amir
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Ehsan Adil
    11. Mohammad Abbas

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Very hot in Lahore atm

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 565
Size:  32.3 KB

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    where is sohail khan?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post

[

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I really hope that Mickey Arthur and Steve Rixon identify the raw materials in Ehsan Adil and work out how to get him to realise his potential.

Five years ago in the Under-19 series in South Africa, he and Quinton De Kock were the two star players. Adil as much for his batting as his bowling.

Pakistan has a full Test tour of South Africa in 15 months' time. They need a very tall right-arm quick bowler who can bat.

I know that Ehsan Adil only bowls in the mid-130's.

I know that he collapses in his bowling action.

I know that his stamina isn't good enough.

I know that his batting has gone backwards.

But Pakistan cannot win in South Africa without playing 4 fast bowlers, of whom two must be passable batsmen.

I'd be happy with:

6. Sarfraz Ahmed
    7. Shadab Khan (because the spinner will hardly bowl, and needs to be a good batsman)
    8. Mohammad Amir
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Ehsan Adil
    11. Mohammad Abbas
    agreed....ehsan as a great talent but he has regressed sadly....micky can do???

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  20526253_1737840329622625_1090603568346266970_n.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  168.6 KB

Name:  20479985_1737840182955973_7310573597885949230_n.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  103.4 KB

Name:  20476189_1737840342955957_6447007838974791951_n.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  58.4 KB

Name:  20597130_1737840186289306_7137990177455746475_n.jpg
Size:  94.7 KB

Name:  20479629_1737840179622640_7963969905859089319_n.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  101.6 KB

Name:  20526222_1737840296289295_6022531912762748915_n.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  143.5 KB

Name:  20476057_1737840326289292_2296042737438243382_n.jpg
Size:  132.7 KB

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami Aslam struck 106 off 80 balls, while Sahibzada Farhan also made a century in today's practice match at the camp.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see that most of the boys are back and practicing although not so sure the weather is good enough for rigorous training outdoors.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Sami Aslam struck 106 off 80 balls, while Sahibzada Farhan also made a century in today's practice match at the camp.
    Any chance of getting the full scorecard?

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    Any chance of getting the full scorecard?
    It was just a practice match, so chances of a proper scorecard are quite low.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One quality which Sami has and many Pak batsmen dont have is once set this guy Sami can score big and this can be attested by his scores since u-19.