Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 321 to 336 of 336
  1. #321
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,637
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to see sahibazada farhan performing,he can make it into t20 squad against srilanka..

  2. #322
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,970
    Mentioned
    1160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    From Sohail's 2 pictures, it indicates that the coaching staffs are trying to change the catching technique of PAK players. A catch of that height, one can grab either way (finger's downwards/parallel or up wards), and here for 6'4" Sohail, probably up-word is the tougher option (unless he is habituated), because it needs him to bend knees.

    Catching with fingers upwards is an Australian style, probably because of the bounce, most slip catches there are taken on the rise. I think, it's probably safer option to catch skier with fingers up wards, because it allows to place the cup right in front of eyes & probably gives a better chance from rebound, just in case. And, it's safer for fielders because the first contact point is soft tissues of palm - I have seen many fielders dislodging fingers or plucked nails, trying to catch hard hits, with fingers pointing to the ball; first contact point are the fingers. This is probably one main reason that hardly any Aussie, SAF and later Kiwi fielder gets injured while grabbing screamers.

  3. #323
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    united states
    Runs
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is no news coverage in the newspapers or the tv sports channels about this camp.

  4. #324
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,291
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see that this camp has turned into a sucess....
    A lot amongst us had doubted holding of such a long duration camp...
    Great job by PCB, credit where it is due.


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  5. #325
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,137
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)






    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  6. #326
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,137
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  7. #327
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,045
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear Sami and Sahibzada are making the most of the opportunity.

    As I have said before Sahibzada should have been given a central contract, even if it was category D. It would have given him some confidence and deserved security.

    Please don't tell me it's too early to give him a central contract. If the PCB can give the likes of Shan Masood and Rahat Ali central contracts, they can give one to Sahibzada Farhan.

  8. #328
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,045
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This camp was due to run until September 9th. However, judging by this post the camp has ended:

    https://www.facebook.com/PakistanCri...type=3&theater

    @Abdullah719 do you have any information about whether this camp is still running?

    I know Mickey will be conducting a separate training camp for the upcoming series against Sri Lanka (beginning on the 22nd) but presumably that will be for shortlisting who makes the squad.
    Last edited by mak36; 7th August 2017 at 14:45.

  9. #329
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,137
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    This camp was due to run until September 9th. However, judging by this post the camp has ended:

    https://www.facebook.com/PakistanCri...type=3&theater

    @Abdullah719 do you have any information about whether this camp is still running?

    I know Mickey will be conducting a separate training camp for the upcoming series against Sri Lanka (beginning on the 22nd) but presumably that will be for shortlisting who makes the squad.
    Yes I saw that post. Not sure about whether it was some kind of a mistake. Will try to get more info.

    No new pics from the camp since then...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  10. #330
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,045
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Yes I saw that post. Not sure about whether it was some kind of a mistake. Will try to get more info.

    No new pics from the camp since then...
    Thanks- please do keep me posted.

    If it helps, they did tweet this later the same day but as you said since then there has been radio silence:



  11. #331
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,137
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Thanks- please do keep me posted.

    If it helps, they did tweet this later the same day but as you said since then there has been radio silence:


    Yamin had a Q/A session on Twitter earlier today. He was asked what he's doing nowadays, so he said he's at the High Performance camp...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  12. #332
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,990
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Spoke with a couple of the players who attended this camp and they said the heat was a killer. Timing of the camp was ridiculous. Probably did more harm to the players than benefit.



  13. #333
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,045
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Yamin had a Q/A session on Twitter earlier today. He was asked what he's doing nowadays, so he said he's at the High Performance camp...
    Thanks- the facebook post must have been a mistake in that case.

  14. #334
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,488
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Spoke with a couple of the players who attended this camp and they said the heat was a killer. Timing of the camp was ridiculous. Probably did more harm to the players than benefit.
    July is very hot, Maybe they could've had fitness camp somewhere in North and then bring it down to Lahore afterwards.

  15. #335
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,137
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I suppose it's over.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  16. #336
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,045
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some faces missing from this- most notably Haris Sohail and Hussain Talat. There are probably others missing too.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •