User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

"I haven't touched rice again since Wasim Bhai got angry about it during the PSL" : Rumman Raees

Rumman Raeed speaking on TV during Eid program

Rumman Raees

"Wasim Bhai got angry with me during PSL for eating rice and since then I havent touched rice again!"

"I was 91kgs then, now I am 81 Kgs"
    Last edited by MenInG; 27th June 2017 at 09:19.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    "Even after coming back from CT, my mum still sends me out to buy groceries"

"Sarfraz told me not to bowl 4 balls in the same place as he was afraid I would get hit but I bowled all 4 at same length; Sarfraz started shouting, 'I told you not to bowl the same length'"
    Last edited by MenInG; 27th June 2017 at 10:11.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is rice that bad for an athlete?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how is rice frowned upon. Rice is a staple diet. It's rich in carbs.

Perhaps the criticism Is that it contains limited protein and also that rice doesn't fill up your stomach much

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, brown rice is not a bad thing. I think by rice he probably means biryani or typical Pakistani rice meals

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rice makes you fat thts why

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What's wrong with rice? Rice is the best source of carbs

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Processed rice is simple carbs and it's bad for athletes. Instant fat/weight gain.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    "Even after coming back from CT, my mum still sends me out to buy groceries"

"Sarfraz told me not to bowl 4 balls in the same place as he was afraid I would get hit but I bowled all 4 at same length; Sarfraz started shouting, 'I told you not to bowl the same length'"
    I think the quote should be editted to as dhai and dhaniya as this is a famous joke around social media

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eat a balanced diet , take care of calories intake and macros. These are professional atheletes and they should have a nutritionist telling them their food requirements.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I don't understand how is rice frowned upon. Rice is a staple diet. It's rich in carbs.

Perhaps the criticism Is that it contains limited protein and also that rice doesn't fill up your stomach much
    White rice or bread is worst form of carbs as well. Nobody will recommend you to eat those. Rice also don't taste good, compare to bread, Sooner these guys leave rice better it is. I prefer bread over rice every time, most people do in northern Pakistan. I also don't like white bread, wheat is better in taste for me. Rice and white bread is not fulling, yet you eat more.

Also in Pakistan the way we make rice is worse, pullow and brinyni makes the dishes worse in terms to bad calories, because of no starch taken out and added ghee/oil. maybe oriental culture it's not that bad.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think it depends upon when you are eating rice.

I cant eat rice before playing a sport because then i feel bloated and heavy.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Wasim should mind his own business. Shouldn't be bullying younger players with regards to what they eat.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    White rice or bread is worst form of carbs as well. Nobody will recommend you to eat those. Rice also don't taste good, compare to bread, Sooner these guys leave rice better it is. I prefer bread over rice every time, most people do in northern Pakistan. I also don't like white bread, wheat is better in taste for me. Rice and white bread is not fulling, yet you eat more.

Also in Pakistan the way we make rice is worse, pullow and brinyni makes the dishes worse in terms to bad calories, because of no starch taken out and added ghee/oil. maybe oriental culture it's not that bad.
    Rice is one the best forms of carb. Problem arises when you eat rice with high fatty food. A diet rich high in carbs and low in fst is ideal for an athelte who plays sports such as cricket or soccer. Rice is a moderate releasing carb source while not as good as sweet potatoes it is better than flour. Problem arises when oil is added to rice, a simple tablespoon of oil is around 170 calories and you know how much oil is in our foods. Im preparing for a bodybuilding competition and my trainer has me on high carbs , moderate protein and low fat diet. Now low carb diet such as ketogenic would also be good but im alhamdulilah not insulin sensitive and perform better with carbs.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No white rice is good, Brown rice is event better.

The issue is we eat too much of rice which makes us bloated yet not feeling too full. That's the thing about rice. You can eat a lot of it and it's all carbohydrate.

Problem is that it doesn't have other nutrients. So if you eat too much rice it's not good

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Wasim should mind his own business. Shouldn't be bullying younger players with regards to what they eat.
    Legend. As you once said - "Fitness is overrated'

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rumman nothing is going to help as long as you keep consuming the ultimate weight gainer - WATER.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like some have said I'm sure Wasim must have meant heavy rice dishes like Biryani.

I don't know many Paks that eat plain white rice but that would be fine to eat for an athlete.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Limited consumption of rice (white or brown) actually is essential for sportsman. What Wasim must have suggested is mutton biriyany or beef tehary ...... besides, rice with lots of meat grevy is the worst food for pacers.

The most fitness fanatic I have read probably was Michel Phelps; who used to consume 10k+ calorie in a day & he used to eat little bit of steamed rice as well with boiled vegetable & lots of fish.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    White rice can't be all that bad. Asian folks eat it in every single meal and majority of them are thin.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Limited consumption of rice (white or brown) actually is essential for sportsman. What Wasim must have suggested is mutton biriyany or beef tehary ...... besides, rice with lots of meat grevy is the worst food for pacers.

The most fitness fanatic I have read probably was Michel Phelps; who used to consume 10k+ calorie in a day & he used to eat little bit of steamed rice as well with boiled vegetable & lots of fish.
    Too much rice for pakistani is not good at all, our genes are not made for that, but for Bangladeshi brothers and chinese rice is good, they will not gain much weight and will also not debelop diabetes as fast as us because due to rice. I think there is a book called "deep nutrition" by Shannon (do not remember her fill name) which explains this better.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    He considers Wasim his guru and tbh Rumman's bowling is amazing

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Whole grain rice is fine and boiled as well to an extend dependent on a balanced diet and designated calorie intake. Most Pakistani's eat fried rice and biryani rice, which is not great for your diet regardless of whether or not you are a sportsman; so Wasim is spot on here.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubpenno View Post
    Rice is one the best forms of carb. Problem arises when you eat rice with high fatty food. A diet rich high in carbs and low in fst is ideal for an athelte who plays sports such as cricket or soccer. Rice is a moderate releasing carb source while not as good as sweet potatoes it is better than flour. Problem arises when oil is added to rice, a simple tablespoon of oil is around 170 calories and you know how much oil is in our foods. Im preparing for a bodybuilding competition and my trainer has me on high carbs , moderate protein and low fat diet. Now low carb diet such as ketogenic would also be good but im alhamdulilah not insulin sensitive and perform better with carbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    No white rice is good, Brown rice is event better.

The issue is we eat too much of rice which makes us bloated yet not feeling too full. That's the thing about rice. You can eat a lot of it and it's all carbohydrate.

Problem is that it doesn't have other nutrients. So if you eat too much rice it's not good

I personally get feeling of bloated stomach. Also, it chokes in my throat, I have to drink fluid to bring the rice down from throat. Don't have this kind of feeling with roti. Brown Rice is much better, but wheat is far better than both. My rice consumption is one every two weeks, problem happens on holidays or when we are invited to dinners and lunches, mostly its rice.

Eating rice before exercise or match is a big no for me, I perform horribly if eat rice before the match, its early hard to bowl and run after that bloated stomach. We lost our semi final in Ramzan, because we went for bowling after Iftari (most of the guys in our team had Roza), somebody brought Briani for Iftar, we bowled way below par...

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I personally get feeling of bloated stomach. Also, it chokes in my throat, I have to drink fluid to bring the rice down from throat. Don't have this kind of feeling with roti. Brown Rice is much better, but wheat is far better than both. My rice consumption is one every two weeks, problem happens on holidays or when we are invited to dinners and lunches, mostly its rice.

Eating rice before exercise or match is a big no for me, I perform horribly if eat rice before the match, its early hard to bowl and run after that bloated stomach. We lost our semi final in Ramzan, because we went for bowling after Iftari (most of the guys in our team had Roza), somebody brought Briani for Iftar, we bowled way below par...
    That's true rice doesn't help too much before excercise and its low on protein so have your meal with plenty of protein

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rumman Rice.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Rumman Rice.
    funny

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice

Rice is a terrible food for athletes...full of carbs with very little protein = poor nutritional value , it will make you slow, fat and sluggish, same goes for bread, pasta and jacket potatoes

All oily food and foods high in sugar should be cut out

Athletes need high protein rich food with lots of vegetables I.e. chicken breast, fish, lentils, beef, beans etc

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Yes and azhar mahmood should mind his business not telling players how to bowl, Shane Warne needs to keep his opinions of bowling spin to himself oh and that Mickey Arthur what's his problem always talking and meddling in the cricket players business !

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rice is not an ideal dish but it is still better than a lot of other alternatives. Asians eat rice every day but they are still very thin. The key is to eat small portions. Obviously, eating a small portion of rice with Kung Pao Chicken is not as bad as eating a plate full of Biryani.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asians and their non understanding of nutrition and calories.

Everyone knows rice is a staple part of a athletes diets and bodybuilders.

Rice is enriched with nutrients and essential carbs. Brown rice is a staple of my diet alongside lean chicken.

Rice is such a staple that desi rice is sold in small pockets and is microwaveable and eaten by gym goers and athletes across the UK.

This is why I strongly believe Pakistan need a foreign nutrition expert. I mean it don't take an expert and self research would suffice on nutrients and macro nutrients and calories but pakistans lack of education and poverty is a stigma.

We need education at both grass root levels and professional levels.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green View Post
    Yes and azhar mahmood should mind his business not telling players how to bowl, Shane Warne needs to keep his opinions of bowling spin to himself oh and that Mickey Arthur what's his problem always talking and meddling in the cricket players business !
    You're comparing wasim Bari to legends like warne? lol

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    rice is a major issue of diabetics

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyzzBrah View Post
    Asians and their non understanding of nutrition and calories.

Everyone knows rice is a staple part of a athletes diets and bodybuilders.

Rice is enriched with nutrients and essential carbs. Brown rice is a staple of my diet alongside lean chicken.

Rice is such a staple that desi rice is sold in small pockets and is microwaveable and eaten by gym goers and athletes across the UK.

This is why I strongly believe Pakistan need a foreign nutrition expert. I mean it don't take an expert and self research would suffice on nutrients and macro nutrients and calories but pakistans lack of education and poverty is a stigma.

We need education at both grass root levels and professional levels.
    dont think he's referring to brown rice - no one in Pakistan eats brown rice

they either have boiled white rice, or more often a biryani or palao type dish - which is awful for the body

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    White rice can't be all that bad. Asian folks eat it in every single meal and majority of them are thin.
    This.

I'm a pretty good example of that myself.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyzzBrah View Post
    You're comparing wasim Bari to legends like warne? lol
    Come on he is talking about couch or islamabad united mentor ..waseem akram

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Obviously he's talking about very unhealthy stuff like Biryani not white rice, which is healthy.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He considers Wasim his guru and tbh Rumman's bowling is amazing

I never saw him as that special, maybe because I am biased with his sub standard pace

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    dont think he's referring to brown rice - no one in Pakistan eats brown rice

they either have boiled white rice, or more often a biryani or palao type dish - which is awful for the body
    how is biryani awful and plain rice is better, carbs are almost same, you get some healthy protein in form of meat and some spices thats all. Unless you drench in it oil, fats are not that high either ( and carbs way worse than fats for athletes and weight gain anyways)

Severely Addicted to Pakistan Cricket despite the grave side effects!

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Best character in the Pakistan team, great personality.

Him, Shadab and Hasan are the only ones with some sort of charisma.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the rice discussion, unless i missed it, I believe what most of you guys are missing is portion control.

Rice is fine, the problem is that we desis eat it in quantities that the rest of the (sane) world finds horrendous.

You are not supposed to fill your plate with rice- white or brown- and add a mound of veggies, meat and dal on top. Unfortunately, most most desi families, that's how we roll.I know of a Japanese woman married to a guy from Andhra Pradesh who freaked out when she saw how much rice her new family was having. From her POV they should have been having barely a cup (cooked) of rice, where they were having 5/6 cups. Even her mother in law

In my experience, this is a fundamental problem which people with a lack of exposure to foreign cultures, or with habits established from childhood, find hard to comprehend, far less tackle.
    Last edited by Cryin Out Loud; 27th June 2017 at 21:49.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i mean by rice is like boiled rice with hint of safrron(for taste) or a bit a lemon. Even Shan masals have calories and carbs. I usually eat rice 3/4 hours before leg workout as i get better pump when bloods not digesting food, forupper body workout like chest idm rice 1 hour before workout. Carbs are nessasary for performance sports but id say before cricket game id probably eat oats, cheerios or cereal for energy instead of biryani man.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The intelligent Supporter View Post
    how is biryani awful and plain rice is better, carbs are almost same, you get some healthy protein in form of meat and some spices thats all. Unless you drench in it oil, fats are not that high either ( and carbs way worse than fats for athletes and weight gain anyways)
    Biryani uses lots of oil. From frying onions to cooking chicken oil is constantly being used

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its just ridiculous that rice are bad for athletes, "Roti" pasta and many other foods are also pure carbohydrates and should be part of a balanced diet , composed of carb, protein and fat. Its simply the number of calories what matters. If athlete cannot burn out the calories he consumes then he will gain weight, whether its from rice, bread, pasta , pizza, soda or any other source. Many athlete consume lots of carbohydrate before an intense exercise as source of energy to have a good work out. Also before a game or before a long run, carbohydrates like rice are needed as source of calories otherwise there is increased risk for muscle injury.

Rice are bad only for diabetics, as they have high glycemic index, they rise blood sugar quickly than some complex carbohydrates.

I'm part of running club and have run three marathons. We always have " carbo load" with rice or pasta before a long run.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Green View Post
    Legend

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumman Raees speaking on TV:

"I did not expect so many people would come around the time of Sehri at the airport to welcome Sarfraz and myself in Karachi and that was probably the best moment of my life"

"Sarfraz is the most serious person in the dressing room; he says once you are on the field, all jokes etc come to a stop"

"But he (Sarfraz) is the first one to enjoy himself once practice or match is over"

"The 2 people who joke around a lot are Ahmed Shehzad and Imad Wasim"

"I learnt a lot from the likes of Shane Watson, Brad Haddin and Wasim Akram in the PSL"

"Imad Wasim in the PSL didn't like my sarcastic smile after I took his wicket"

"Shadab, Faheem and I were sitting in the dressing room praying to the Almighty during the SL game"

"We had tears of joy and we were quite emotional when we wore the white jackets after the final"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Stoke
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim used to have tonnes of rice back in his day hence his illness of diabetes,So he is sharing his Experiance to the younger generations and it's true after 1997 Wasim AKRAM didn't look like the same bowler though he had even more skills his pace stayed at around 137-38

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasim Akram on Rumaan Raees

Wasim Akram narrates an interesting story of how he saw a "91kg 'anaar' Ruman Raees walk into the dressing room in PSL 2016. Today, he's astonished at the transformation of the "lean machine." Raees, who says he enjoys his food, has lost nearly 12kgs since.
    Last edited by hadi123; 13th September 2017 at 16:04.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's dedication right there.

You gotta work until your idols become your rivals.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eliminating carbs from the diet plus increasing exercise to burn calories is the most straightforward way to lose weight. It will work for anybody who is willing to be disciplined and put in the effort. This is the same thing I tell all my patients. Result guaranteed. Problem is that especially in our culture, it is very hard to eliminate rice/bread. I tell all my patients to do it but even I myself have not been successful

Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if he starts a company that sells rice after this 'Rumman Rice'

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    It's not that bad if you eat with caution. But desi people tends to eat ALOT of rice which is counter productive and can make you fat.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rice isn't the problem. Cricketers do need some carbs for maintaining their energy levels. The issue is the portions of rice that they eat. Portions of anything to be honest. As per my trainer people like us who do more of desk jobs should eat 1 bowl of oats every 3 days which gives us enough carbs for maintaining energy levels for 3 days. Of course an athlete would need a lot more than that.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think by rice he means Biryani etc

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    White rice may not be good, but both brown rice and parboiled rice are healthy and have lower glycemic index as well. An elite athlete obviously may have higher nutritional standards though, for example for balancing protein requirements. Maybe fried rice/biriyani is what is common in Pakistan and it is certainly not good for regular consumption.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wheat is less tolerated compared to rice in general, as it has gluten.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe should start eating that rice again... Seems to have lost his bowling with his weight.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe should start eating that rice again... Seems to have lost his bowling with his weight.
    Just had a bad day yesterday. Although I do think that he should remain in the T20I squad, Junaid should start over him.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is harsh judgment, he is fine bowler, should continue to work on being more fit and pace to his bowling...Yesterday, he could have bowled wide yorker but that caused wide ball...Sometimes too much micro management by Sarfraz is not good for bowlers, I would blame him as well, let them do their job...

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianWillow View Post
    Wheat is less tolerated compared to rice in general, as it has gluten.
    You are right about Gluten, specially if you have hard time digesting it...

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Boiled rice generally is ok in small portions with boiled or grilled meat. But rice with oily fatty salan on it or cooked in ghee or oil like desis do it is not healthy at all. Having some boiled rice steamed chicken n veggies is a healthy meal.

Having it in a biryani. Or with Oily curry isnt good for a pace bowler.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    Boiled rice generally is ok in small portions with boiled or grilled meat. But rice with oily fatty salan on it or cooked in ghee or oil like desis do it is not healthy at all. Having some boiled rice steamed chicken n veggies is a healthy meal.

Having it in a biryani. Or with Oily curry isnt good for a pace bowler.
    is one type of rice healthier than the other?

lets say in Pakistan we normally have basmati rice. But there is jasmine rice aswell. And chinese food joints have that sticky white rice

is one healthier than the other?

(not talking abt brown rice)

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Slog i think the east asian rice is healthier but it definitely depends what u eat with it. Basmati white rice is ok in small.portions with grilled meat. Desi size portions arent good if u want to lose weight.

Ive cut rice n roti from my diet n have experienced significant weight loss and have substituted that with a lot higher protein intake n of fresh vegetables.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adil_94 View Post
    @Slog i think the east asian rice is healthier but it definitely depends what u eat with it. Basmati white rice is ok in small.portions with grilled meat. Desi size portions arent good if u want to lose weight.

Ive cut rice n roti from my diet n have experienced significant weight loss and have substituted that with a lot higher protein intake n of fresh vegetables.
    haha yea its impossible to eliminate roti and rice while living in Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Slog yeah if i was in Pak especially being from the Pind. Its either Roti aur Chawal

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    They're loaded with carbs, so yes.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue