Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Zimbabwe [322/4] beat Sri Lanka [316/5] by 6 wickets in the 1st ODI

Sri Lanka Team
    N Dickwella†, WU Tharanga, BKG Mendis, MD Gunathilaka, AD Mathews*, DAS Gunaratne, LD Madushanka, SL Malinga, N Pradeep, MA Aponso, A Dananjaya

Zimbabwe Team
    SF Mire, H Masakadza, CR Ervine, SC Williams, Sikandar Raza, PJ Moor†, MN Waller, RP Burl, AG Cremer*, DT Tiripano, TL Chatara

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    ZIM has declined so much that these days hardly anyone bothers for their schedule. This could have been quite an interesting series even with their Kolpak players.

Sometimes, I feel ICC should modify Kolpak rule to protect cricket in ZIM, SAF, WI & NZ. In fact, I think through marriage, even Asian players can avail Kolpak qualification. For us Asians, it might not be big issue for the size of player pools, but those countries can't survive with such talent drain.

The worst part is, England is plucking players of their choice from Kolpak for 3/4 years cricket in County (& not representing country of birth), but to avail Kolpak, players have to leave their national team, which to me isn't fair.

FIFA does allow players to change International affiliation from age level (U21 level), but once a player has played any official FIFA or Continental Conference match for one country, it's almost impossible for him to change nationality. But major football leagues (French, Italian, Spanish, German, English ..) actually recognize duel citizenship in terms of home grown quota. For example, one of the main reasons that Pogba's price shooted is that despite being French International, he is covering 1 of 8 home grown quota in EPL for his youth time at MU academy. Similarly, Griezzman is counted local/home grown in Spain from his mother side.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    ZIM has declined so much that these days hardly anyone bothers for their schedule. This could have been quite an interesting series even with their Kolpak players.

Sometimes, I feel ICC should modify Kolpak rule to protect cricket in ZIM, SAF, WI & NZ. In fact, I think through marriage, even Asian players can avail Kolpak qualification. For us Asians, it might not be big issue for the size of player pools, but those countries can't survive with such talent drain.

The worst part is, England is plucking players of their choice from Kolpak for 3/4 years cricket in County (& not representing country of birth), but to avail Kolpak, players have to leave their national team, which to me isn't fair.

FIFA does allow players to change International affiliation from age level (U21 level), but once a player has played any official FIFA or Continental Conference match for one country, it's almost impossible for him to change nationality. But major football leagues (French, Italian, Spanish, German, English ..) actually recognize duel citizenship in terms of home grown quota. For example, one of the main reasons that Pogba's price shooted is that despite being French International, he is covering 1 of 8 home grown quota in EPL for his youth time at MU academy. Similarly, Griezzman is counted local/home grown in Spain from his mother side.
    Agreed. Kolpak players rule needs to be changed.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Zimboks have squeezed hosts quite effectively - need couple of wickets now to make a match.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why we should be bothered about other countries crisis or decline in cricket ? Was there any sympathy for Pakistan post 9/11 when certain teams repeatedly refused to tour, most notably Australia. Did that ruthless West indian team of 1980's bother to bring cricket back to South Africa, all they cared was win win and win. We should be self-centered, I give absolute monkey peanuts for status of cricket in Zimbabwe or South Africa or West indies. We need to win and win only. The next world cup 2019, test series in south africa should be top priorities.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka 148/2 (27.5 ov)
    Zimbabwe
    Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bat

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Zimboks have squeezed hosts quite effectively - need couple of wickets now to make a match.
    It's Zimbabwe is not Zimboks

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TahirFan View Post
    It's Zimbabwe is not Zimboks
    Actually, it shouldn't be Zimbabwe either in that line, should be Zimbabweans - I just wanted to make it short, no disrespect intended, move on.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarwar89 View Post
    Why we should be bothered about other countries crisis or decline in cricket ? Was there any sympathy for Pakistan post 9/11 when certain teams repeatedly refused to tour, most notably Australia. Did that ruthless West indian team of 1980's bother to bring cricket back to South Africa, all they cared was win win and win. We should be self-centered, I give absolute monkey peanuts for status of cricket in Zimbabwe or South Africa or West indies. We need to win and win only. The next world cup 2019, test series in south africa should be top priorities.
    An actual CRICKET lover would bother with any decline of cricket of any country. Pak's problems were totally self made and most have nothing to do unless Pak gov't solve the problem. But still a true cricket lover want Pak cricket to flourish. I want too like many others and i also want the rise of Wi,Zim,Afg cricket for the betterment of world cricket. Be a cricket fan.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Tough task ahead for Zimbabwe batsmen as Sri Lanka post a commanding 316/5 (50.0 ov)
    after they won the toss and elected to bat #SLvZim

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe in hot pursuit!

Sri Lanka 316/5 (50.0 ov)
    Zimbabwe 143/2 (22.5 ov)
    Zimbabwe require another 174 runs with 8 wickets and 27.1 overs remaining

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Well well, this isn't the walkover for SL people were assuming.

Good partnership in progress.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Lahore Lahore Aay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solomon Mire looks quite a decent batsman. Good against pace and spin. If he learns the use of walking down the pitch to nudge the ball in gap against spin, He will be very handful. At present he looks like an LBW suspect.

Aajzi k takkabbur sy bachu. (hazrat ali hajveri RA)

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Riyadh, Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can Zimbabwe win this they are in pole position now.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe showing why they are a decent side by minnow standards

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Superb hundred by Mire.

Malinga's drop of Mire could prove costly.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Nice reverse sweep from Sean Williams.

Would be huge if Zimbabwe pull this off. Remember they've lost three ODI series to Afghanistan and recently shelled an ODI to the Netherlands.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lankans about to get embarrassed by Zimbos.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Big wicket, Williams gone.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is broadcasting this in UK?

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Who is broadcasting this in UK?
    Don't think its being broadcasted in the UK. I'm watching online.

Raza playing an important hand here.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe would annihilate west indies in ODIs.

Zimbabwe have some experienced cricketers in the side.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Don't think its being broadcasted in the UK. I'm watching online.

Raza playing an important hand here.
    what stream, I cannot find one

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Srilanka lost to Scotland, now Zimbabwe. They have got talent but there is a lot of mismanagement and lack of leadership.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Anjelo & defending total ...... whoever, whatever 😩

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is not just a win. This a thumping win.

This is one of the most emphatic 310+ chases you will see in cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good win from Zimbabwe.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor from Srilanka. Mathews didnt know how to handle his two young spinners at all.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Without that win against IND, SRL would have been very close to WI after this loss.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With all due respect to Sri Lanka they are the new Pakistan. Pakistan these days are kind of consistent. BD too are considtent.

Srilanka are the new unpredictables. One match world class. Next match really poor.

This was the case when we toured Lanka. They played poorly in alternative matches and played exceptionally well in alternative matches.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Man it is just me or I just find it so soothing when Zimbabwe win @Red Devil

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must have seen a couple of sweeps each over lobbing towards short fine leg, but Mathews for some mystifying reason didn't place a fielder there.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this. Good luck to Zimbabwe!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Everyone wants Zimbabwe to do well. I always support Zimbabwe against other minnows as well. That's because Zimbabwe cricket has proper talent and not hacks that aren't meant for international cricket. Issue is administration

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Incredible 300+ chase! and they did it playing proper cricket shots along the ground! stunning, wish these blokes were supported more and their talent was protected

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Everyone wants Zimbabwe to do well. I always support Zimbabwe against other minnows as well. That's because Zimbabwe cricket has proper talent and not hacks that aren't meant for international cricket. Issue is administration
    A damn shame, they've historically produced the goods but they've never been utilised effectively and their cricket has been plagued by corruption and a lack of professionalism.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humiliated by Afghanistan, Beaten by Scotland, thrashed by Netherlands then breaks all types of records and beats Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. Emphatic win. I've been following Zim cricket for so long and this just makes me so ecstatic.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A damn shame, they've historically produced the goods but they've never been utilised effectively and their cricket has been plagued by corruption and a lack of professionalism.
    Shazzy, honestly, if they still had the Kolpak players, they would be ranked 5/6 in all formats. Even if their kolpak players decide to make a return right now, things could turn out to be much, much better. Hopefully Taylor and Jarvis come back after their contract ends.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Shazzy, honestly, if they still had the Kolpak players, they would be ranked 5/6 in all formats. Even if their kolpak players decide to make a return right now, things could turn out to be much, much better. Hopefully Taylor and Jarvis come back after their contract ends.
    Am not sure they will, they are paid better and are on a guaranteed money contract which is just too good to refuse unfortunately; and the most sad fact of all is, if they do return at the international level chances are it will be for England providing they meet the qualification criteria. Jarvis has enjoyed a great run in country cricket, when his contract expires it will either be extended by Lancashire or he'll be offered a better deal else where.

Their problems are just a lot more deep rooted but I find it soothing when these boys display so much courage despite the fact that they are treated like garbage and not given adequate support, if their administration improved they could not only compete in the Top 5 but potentially win a ICC Trophy; perhaps the World T20, that's how much confidence I have in their talent pool.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to invite them to BD. They earned a shot at the big boys.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Am not sure they will, they are paid better and are on a guaranteed money contract which is just too good to refuse unfortunately; and the most sad fact of all is, if they do return at the international level chances are it will be for England providing they meet the qualification criteria. Jarvis has enjoyed a great run in country cricket, when his contract expires it will either be extended by Lancashire or he'll be offered a better deal else where.

Their problems are just a lot more deep rooted but I find it soothing when these boys display so much courage despite the fact that they are treated like garbage and not given adequate support, if their administration improved they could not only compete in the Top 5 but potentially win a ICC Trophy; perhaps the World T20, that's how much confidence I have in their talent pool.
    @ExpressPacer One of the fundamental reasons why they toured Pakistan was money. I have to respect their loyalty to Zimbabwean cricket though, many players tend to have young family's and financial security is always at the back of their mind because it is never guaranteed.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. They would be a good team if they got more games. Definitely better than the likes of Ireland, Scotland, Netherlands etc. Slightly worse than Afghanistan

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    True, everyone roots for the underdogs but Zimbabwe as a team have always been very likable.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow Lanka are returning to the the pre-1990s era of their minnowship.

This Zimboks team will even give a run for their money to WI and BD.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With this form, Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh would be a competitive series. Bangladesh will have a slight edge if they play at home.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best thriller both countries have produced since that epic 1992 world cup group stage match between them, Zimbabwe has settled the scores after 25 years. That day Srilanka chased down 314

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    With this form, Zimbabwe vs Bangladesh would be a competitive series. Bangladesh will have a slight edge if they play at home.
    Bangladesh would crush Zimbabwe in Bangladesh but it would be close in Zimbabwe

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

I might be the happiest person on Pakpassion after this win for Zimbabwe but if I were to be honest, Zimbabwe don't stand a chance vs Bangladesh. They were humiliated by Zimbabwe, thrashed by Scotland and demolished by Netherlands. I wish Zimbabwe cricket the very best of luck and hope they improve but the truth it, they don't stand a chance vs Bangladesh. This was most likely just a fluke.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    I might be the happiest person on Pakpassion after this win for Zimbabwe but if I were to be honest, Zimbabwe don't stand a chance vs Bangladesh. They were humiliated by Zimbabwe, thrashed by Scotland and demolished by Netherlands. I wish Zimbabwe cricket the very best of luck and hope they improve but the truth it, they don't stand a chance vs Bangladesh. This was most likely just a fluke.
    Sir... they beat BD in BD last year in a T20 series and drew the ODI series, or maybe it was the other way round. BD and ZIM are same quality sides.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lanka beats India convincingly in CT and then loses to Zimbos 2 weeks after that

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sir... they beat BD in BD last year in a T20 series and drew the ODI series, or maybe it was the other way round. BD and ZIM are same quality sides.
    First of all this is the result of the previous series against Zimbabwe. They toured us in late 2014. Lost tests 3-0 and ODIs 5-0. Again toured us in 2015 lost 3-0 in ODIs and 1-1 in T20Is. Now believe me neither of those wins by Bangladesh were "close" by any means. The closest match was the loss to Zimbabwe in which we lost in the final over.

No Bangladesh Zimbabwe won't be an "even match". It may be competitive in Zimbabwe but not even close in Bangladesh.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    With all due respect to Sri Lanka they are the new Pakistan. Pakistan these days are kind of consistent. BD too are considtent.

Srilanka are the new unpredictables. One match world class. Next match really poor.

This was the case when we toured Lanka. They played poorly in alternative matches and played exceptionally well in alternative matches.
    why you have to put name of pakistan team in each and every thread srilanka are not pakistan

do i remind you what happen to your team last year in home series against afghanistan

and when was last time you win a series against top side ?

is not a shame that your team could not win a single series against SL recently

one match doesn,t prove anything i know you are very desperate to not miss any opportunity to criticize pak

or sl

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Lanka beats India convincingly in CT and then loses to Zimbos 2 weeks after that
    i think bangladesh would not be different,,,zimb and bangla will be having a good series outside mirpur.....

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bangladesh has an upper hand but zimb will give them fight no doubt..

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    why you have to put name of pakistan team in each and every thread srilanka are not pakistan

do i remind you what happen to your team last year in home series against afghanistan

and when was last time you win a series against top side ?

is not a shame that your team could not win a single series against SL recently

one match doesn,t prove anything i know you are very desperate to not miss any opportunity to criticize pak

or sl
    Wait what? This is a Pakistan forum so there is supposed to be mention of Pakistan

And wait a minute. I thought being consistent is a good thing. I don't understand how geniuses like yourself considers "consistency" as "criticism"

Every body wants their side to be a good consistent side. Some people are hilarious

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

Lanka beat India recently and then Pakistan hammered India by like 200 runs. So perhaps India are the team who are returning to minnowship, they only got to the CT final after hammering the rain blessed Bangladesh; then again Bangladesh are just Bangladesh nothing else needs to be said @saeed5646
    Last edited by shaz619; 30th June 2017 at 13:46.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Zimbabwe would annihilate west indies in ODIs.

Zimbabwe have some experienced cricketers in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Bangladesh would crush Zimbabwe in Bangladesh but it would be close in Zimbabwe
    Bangaldesh have whitewashed Zimbabwe in their last two ODI series, they've won all eight of their last encounters. Zimbabwe played spin very poorly on those tours.

If the series were in Zimbabwe, there is a bit of seam movement in the morning at Harare Sports Club but the pitches are mainly slow and low so it would suit Bangladesh.

WI are struggling but I'd still back them to win an ODI series vs Zimbabwe, but Zimbabwe have the ability to nick the odd game.

The issue for Zimbabwe is corrupt administration and a weak domestic system. They're just not producing the talent and the FC players have gone on strike repeatedly as wages aren't being paid on time.

The ZCB have mismanaged and pocketed ICC funds for personal use. On one occasion a loan were directed into the bank of a ZCB director who sat on their board ! For years Harare has not staged day night games because ZCB couldn't afford the cost of installing the floodlights so the pylons just sat at Harare airport ! Also there is too much interference from Mugabe regime.

And that's not mentioning the racial politics. Sadly Zimbabwe have not kept their top white cricketers like Taylor, Jarvis, Ballance and Curran.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good win for the Zimbo's.Really happy for them.Their team would be better if Taylor,Jarvis etc were still playing for them.

Sadly I feel this win is just a one-off.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wait what? This is a Pakistan forum so there is supposed to be mention of Pakistan

And wait a minute. I thought being consistent is a good thing. I don't understand how geniuses like yourself considers "consistency" as "criticism"

Every body wants their side to be a good consistent side. Some people are hilarious
    my simple saying is that srilanka is not pakistan both are different and cannot be compared

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lanka beat India recently and then Pakistan hammered India by like 200 runs. So perhaps India are the team who are returning to minnowship, they only got to the CT final after hammering the rain blessed Bangladesh; then again Bangladesh are just Bangladesh nothing else needs to be said @saeed5646
    some fans are trying to convince us that ban are far far better than SL but in reality both the

Team are same and recent result between both have shown that

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all this is the result of the previous series against Zimbabwe. They toured us in late 2014. Lost tests 3-0 and ODIs 5-0. Again toured us in 2015 lost 3-0 in ODIs and 1-1 in T20Is. Now believe me neither of those wins by Bangladesh were "close" by any means. The closest match was the loss to Zimbabwe in which we lost in the final over.

No Bangladesh Zimbabwe won't be an "even match". It may be competitive in Zimbabwe but not even close in Bangladesh.
    That was 2 years ago. Back then, Pakistan vs Bangladesh was also not competitive. Like I said, with the way Zimbabwe played today, it would give a run to a team like Bangladesh for sure. Right now, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are on the same level. West Indies could be on that level too if the board can convince to bring some players such as Darren Bravo back in the team.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    my simple saying is that srilanka is not pakistan both are different and cannot be compared
    I didn't disagree that Pakistan are doing better. Just saying Lanka are the new unpredictables.

That was 2 years ago. Back then, Pakistan vs Bangladesh was also not competitive. Like I said, with the way Zimbabwe played today, it would give a run to a team like Bangladesh for sure. Right now, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are on the same level. West Indies could be on that level too if the board can convince to bring some players such as Darren Bravo back in the team.
    Yes run for their money. They can beat us in the odd game or two but otherwise I would back ourselves to beat Zimbabwe often.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Pak.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    And Pak.
    If it helps you soothe your ego then sure Pak aswell..

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps you soothe your ego then sure Pak aswell..
    Without fakhar and Hasan firing Pak team won't win against sl. And everyday they both won't perform. Don't try to make your whole team world class as there is 7/8 passengers in the team.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD lost a couple t20s when they rested a few players. Nothing too alarming.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Without fakhar and Hasan firing Pak team won't win against sl. And everyday they both won't perform. Don't try to make your whole team world class as there is 7/8 passengers in the team.
    9 or 10 of Pakistani players would walk into the BD side. Amir, Junaid and Hasan are all better bowlers than anything BD have. Shadab is a far better bowler than Miraz. Shakib is better than Imad I'll give you that.

Soumya, Kayes Shabbir and Mushfiqur are all low grade batsmen compared to Fakhar, Azhar, Babar and Sarfaraz.

In fact if the BD and Pak teams are merged the only three BD players who would make the playing eleven would be Tamim, Shakib and Mahmuddulah.

There is a reason why you managed to win only one match in the tournament and we beat all the best sides in the world 4 out of 4 times.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are the 7/8 passengers?

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Pak.
    HAHA, seems like someone can't digest Pakistan slowly returning to their place and Bangladesh going back to where they belong. I can't wait for Pakistan to play Bangladesh again

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9 or 10 of Pakistani players would walk into the BD side. Amir, Junaid and Hasan are all better bowlers than anything BD have. Shadab is a far better bowler than Miraz. Shakib is better than Imad I'll give you that.

Soumya, Kayes Shabbir and Mushfiqur are all low grade batsmen compared to Fakhar, Azhar, Babar and Sarfaraz.

In fact if the BD and Pak teams are merged the only three BD players who would make the playing eleven would be Tamim, Shakib and Mahmuddulah.

There is a reason why you managed to win only one match in the tournament and we beat all the best sides in the world 4 out of 4 times.
    With Azhar/Sharjeel and Fakhar, Tamim has no chance to open. The only player I would accept from their team is Shakib.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But hey do you remember 3-0

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubpenno View Post
    But hey do you remember 3-0
    yeah i remember newzealand white wash BD this year in odi series

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As per BD posters Pakistan's CT win was a fluke HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Comeback and talk when you have:

ODI WC
    T20 WC
    CT
    ASIA CUP

Till then be quiet and try to keep up.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is Pakistan's next series against a semi-decent opponent? Can't wait for order to be restored.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    When is Pakistan's next series against a semi-decent opponent? Can't wait for order to be restored.
    Order has already been restored,Bangadesh are back where they have always belonged,below Pakistan.

We cancelled the minnows tour,we will only play decent opponents from now

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some body is hurt

take a rest for three month there is no series till than

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many international trophies does BD have?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1029 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    PP's fascination with BD team is praise worthy - in every opportunity we are called in names.

Afghans beat WI - bring BD
    Zimboks bet Lankans - call BD
    today if WI beats IND - call BD

Tomorrow if Germany beats Chile - bring BD or
    Chile beats Germany - sermon BD .....

It's great to be in lime light.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at Sri Lankan bowlers, not surprised they lost. First time 300 was chased down in SL

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone tell me why so many posters on PP refer to Zimbabwe as Zimboks