Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    That was 2 years ago. Back then, Pakistan vs Bangladesh was also not competitive. Like I said, with the way Zimbabwe played today, it would give a run to a team like Bangladesh for sure. Right now, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are on the same level. West Indies could be on that level too if the board can convince to bring some players such as Darren Bravo back in the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    PP's fascination with BD team is praise worthy - in every opportunity we are called in names.

Afghans beat WI - bring BD
    Zimboks bet Lankans - call BD
    today if WI beats IND - call BD

Tomorrow if Germany beats Chile - bring BD or
    Chile beats Germany - sermon BD .....

It's great to be in lime light.
    So true. Everytime a team does well people say "they can beat Bangladesh" like LOL

It's a good thing

MMHS is offline Time Pass & Sports Post of the Week Winner
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    So true. Everytime a team does well people say "they can beat Bangladesh" like LOL

It's a good thing
    Why don't you enjoy it like me & wait for your time - history teaches, nemesis is merciless for big mouths. It's easy in PP to hide for few days, but still the experience is sour.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a good thing
    Well BD aren't exactly setting the world on fire. They only managed to win one match in 4 tries (6 if you count warm-ups) in the CT.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Well BD aren't exactly setting the world on fire. They only managed to win one match in 4 tries (6 if you count warm-ups) in the CT.
    Zim can beat Pak, BD, and SL in their best days.

These three teams are poor compared to the rest. Pak has won CT, guess what BD went to semis. It still doesn't change the fact that these teams are in "general" poor.

Heck Pak was limping to chase 236 against this SL team.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter if they won 1 or 0. What counts is they got out of a group consisting of Aus, Eng, and NZ. Two teams that played in WC 15 final, and one team that was on form.

Even in WC 15, BD group was much harder but they still got out of the group stage.

This was the world cup 15 grouping for Pak: India, RSA, PAK, WI,IRE, ZIM, UAE.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes we lost 2 matches and won 1.

People bet their houses on us losing each and every match.

I think the arguement is everytime a team performs people be like : they can challenge Bangladesh.

Afghanistan have been brilliant lately. And when people say Afghanistan will make BD swear I agree. But believe me every time some associate side does well you see posts like "Bangladesh's test status should be given to XYZ" Lol even when BD wins an ODI people question our test status.

Externally I might bicker but inside I spend a good time laughing at these posts. But I don't mind arguing. Why else are in a forum for ?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Why don't you enjoy it like me & wait for your time - history teaches, nemesis is merciless for big mouths. It's easy in PP to hide for few days, but still the experience is sour.
    Never said I dont enjoy it all

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's a good thing
    Its because BD fans have been insufferable on PP since their ''rise''. Literally a day before the final I remember arguing with you where your every reply was ''rankings''. Its just been highly irritating.

Saying that I still support BD a lot simply because I respect the love we get from your public.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Zim can beat Pak, BD, and SL in their best days.

These three teams are poor compared to the rest. Pak has won CT, guess what BD went to semis. It still doesn't change the fact that these teams are in "general" poor.

Heck Pak was limping to chase 236 against this SL team.
    Zimbabwe beat the Australians at full strength less than three years ago, so they can beat anyone on their day to be honest. Can't read too much into this result or state with confidence that they can only beat teams from the subcontinent.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lanka are minnows. Invite them to BD for 5 match series.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Its because BD fans have been insufferable on PP since their ''rise''. Literally a day before the final I remember arguing with you where your every reply was ''rankings''. Its just been highly irritating.

Saying that I still support BD a lot simply because I respect the love we get from your public.
    I think the arguement was about BD being minnows. My point was that we were doing well lately as shown by our rankings

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ]

I think the arguement was about BD being minnows. My point was that we were doing well lately as shown by our rankings
    Compared to our minnow days, hell yeah. However, BD still has a long way to go before being a "quality" side.

Bowling lacks depth, and is a major concern when touring outside of Asia. Batting is too dependent upon Tamim, Mahmudullah, Mushy, and Shakib.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    Zimbabwe beat the Australians at full strength less than three years ago, so they can beat anyone on their day to be honest. Can't read too much into this result or state with confidence that they can only beat teams from the subcontinent.
    Really??

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Congrats Zim not at all surprised tbh. For starters who plays just two quicks and what were they expecting to gain by playing Malinga against Zim. Defies logic. SL cricket is in absolute shambles thanks to the muppets and jokers running the show. Don't even have a coach or a proper support staff atm have chased quite a few of em away in recent times. Giving WICB a good run for their money. Won't be too long before they join em at this rate.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Really??
    Yeah that's right. 31/8/14 was the date. They beat India as well not too long ago. By all means better than Bangalis. No money in their cricket else you will find them doing wonders at the international level. Remember that awesome Taylor guy he left because he wasn't getting enough to run the family. Just few hundred dollars for the whole world cup campaign is not good enough, right?

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka’s controversial Malinga falls ill

COLOMBO: Sri Lanka’s controversial fast bowler Lasith Malinga has been diagnosed with a viral influenza and will sit out the second one-day international against Zimbabwe on Sunday, the cricket board said.

Malinga, who was slapped with a suspended six-month match ban earlier this week, has been told to take two days of rest after coming down with the bug.

“Medical reports have ruled him out of the next game and recommended a rest period of 48 hours,” Sri Lanka Cricket said in a statement.

It added that Lakshan Sandakan did not play in the first ODI on Friday at Galle because he had the same virus.

Malinga, 33, took one wicket on Friday, giving away 51 runs in the game which Zimbabwe won by six wickets.

The 80-kilo (176-pound) bowler was disciplined after he pleaded guilty to comparing the country’s sports minister Dayasiri Jayasekera to a monkey for saying national cricket players were too fat and unfit.

Jayasekera has given national players three months to improve their level of fitness or get booted out.

He said the entire team selected to play against Zimbabwe were below the internationally accepted fitness level.

https://arysports.tv/sri-lankas-cont...nga-falls-ill/

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Lanka are returning to the the pre-1990s era of their minnowship.

This Zimboks team will even give a run for their money to WI and BD.
    It will be interesting too if Pakistan play against Zimbabwe.Pakistan lost an ODI last time in Zimbabwe,the margin of win in T20s was narrow too.Zimbabwe played very well and gave Pakistan a run for their money when they toured Pakistan in 2015.Just checked the scorecards.WAO!They 172 and 176 in two T20s,334 and 268 in two ODIS.Before rain came in 3rd ODI they were 68 in just 9 overs without loss chasing 296!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    It will be interesting too if Pakistan play against Zimbabwe.Pakistan lost an ODI last time in Zimbabwe,the margin of win in T20s was narrow too.Zimbabwe played very well and gave Pakistan a run for their money when they toured Pakistan in 2015.Just checked the scorecards.WAO!They 172 and 176 in two T20s,334 and 268 in two ODIS.Before rain came in 3rd ODI they were 68 in just 9 overs without loss chasing 296!
    Yeah because the 2015 Pakistan side is the same as the 2017 Pak side.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like I said, Bangladeshis should come back and talk once they win atleast one major international tournament, or at the very least reach the final of one.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see how Pakistan maintain there status and high level as a CT winner in future series.We all saw how the things went wrong in Australia and New Zealand after winning test champion ship.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh 2017 one lost an ODI to WI C team. Limped their way to chase 236 against this SL team that just got destroyed by Zim.

After being number one in Test, 2017 Pak finds themselves in bottom tier competeing with likes of WI, SL, BD.

But hey they did win a championship where even BD was just basically one game away from winning it.

Iqbal'sh is offline Winner of PP Battrick tournament Seasons 9 and 10
    Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    East Midlands, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said, Bangladeshis should come back and talk once they win atleast one major international tournament, or at the very least reach the final of one.
    Let them win more than one game, against top sides, at a major tournament first. Winning a tournament is out of their scope for now.

Opposing captain to MS Dhoni on winning the toss "You can bowl"
    MS Dhoni "No we can't"

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarwar89 View Post
    Why we should be bothered about other countries crisis or decline in cricket ? Was there any sympathy for Pakistan post 9/11 when certain teams repeatedly refused to tour, most notably Australia. Did that ruthless West indian team of 1980's bother to bring cricket back to South Africa, all they cared was win win and win. We should be self-centered, I give absolute monkey peanuts for status of cricket in Zimbabwe or South Africa or West indies. We need to win and win only. The next world cup 2019, test series in south africa should be top priorities.
    This kind of logic percolates down. Why should I give monkey peanuts for you? Go and win win somewhere else.