UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knight Rider Vs Airwolf

Knight Rider

In the pilot episode, undercover police officer Michael Arthur Long was betrayed and nearly killed by a gunshot wound to the head. In reality, a metal plate in Long's skull deflected the round which shattered and damaged his face. Declared dead to the public, his medical care was taken over by the Foundation for Law and Government (FLAG). This part of the story is shown in the pilot, titled "Knight of the Phoenix". The symbolism in this title is related to Michael's car, which is a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am and most cars of that kind had a giant decal on the hood, showing the fire bird (the phoenix). The phoenix is traditionally symbolic of rebirth.

FLAG is a private crime-fighting arm of the Knight Foundation, founded by dying billionaire philanthropist Wilton Knight. Given a new face via plastic surgery, Michael Long was resurrected as Michael Knight. Together with a high-tech automobile called KITT, (Knight Industries Two Thousand), Michael set out to carry on Wilton Knight's crime-fighting crusade. He was usually given mission objectives by the new director of FLAG, Wilton's friend Devon Miles. Michael was selected for his high level of self-defense training, and deduction skills not to mention his ability and preference to work alone without assistance or back-up.

Michael Knight was a special type of hero, a modern knight who avoided unnecessary violence, but mostly refrained from using firearms for some inexplicable reason. Most episodes featured an attractive young woman in need of Knight's help. Although most of Knight's cases were based in Southern California where FLAG was headquartered, the operation wasn't confined there. He could travel to whatever part of the country where trouble arose, sometimes even crossing borders into Mexico. FLAG had facilities (at least) in Las Vegas and Chicago, also. FLAG's legal jurisdiction, however, was within the boundaries of the United States.

Michael Knight is played by actor David Hasselhoff, who also played a double role in the Season Two episodes Goliath and Goliath Returns, portraying not only Michael Knight but also Wilton's biological son Garthe Knight. At the time of Michael's surgery, Garthe was imprisoned in Africa. Believing that his son would never be seen again, Wilton had Michael's face modeled after his own son Garthe's. In the pilot episode, both Devon Miles and Wilton stated that Michael actually resembled the face of Wilton himself as a young man. In the novels written after the series aired, it is described that Michael's reconstructed face was based on images of both a young Wilton and his son. In any event, the Garthe storyline would not go beyond the second season, primarily due to David Hasselhoff's request that the doppleganger villain be ended, due to the time it took to be made up and film both the roles of Michael and Garthe.

AIRWOLF

The protagonist, Stringfellow Hawke (played by Jan-Michael Vincent), one of Airwolf’s original test pilots, is hired by The Firm, a covert branch of the Central Intelligence Agency that built Airwolf, to steal it back from its creator, Dr. Charles Henry Moffet, who has taken it to Libya. Hawke finds the aircraft, but fails to return it. Instead, he hides it in a desert cave and occasionally flies it to carry out undercover missions for Uncle Sam, in exchange for assistance from The Firm in locating his lost brother, St. John (pronounced "Sin-jin") Hawke, missing in action since the Vietnam War.

The series also stars Ernest Borgnine as Hawke’s best friend and co-pilot, Dominic Santini; Jean Bruce Scott as Caitlin O’Shannessy (introduced in the second season), a sheriff's deputy recruited to serve as a backup pilot to fly Airwolf should anything happen to Hawke or Dominic; and Alex Cord as the enigmatic director of The Firm, Michael Coldsmith Briggs III (cryptonym: Archangel).

The series was dark, arc-driven, and quite reflective of the contemporary Cold War, with The Firm personnel distinctly dressed in white and boasting that “wearing white hats” distingushed them as good instead of evil to the unconvinced Hawke and Santini. Early episodes detail the efforts of United States government to recover Airwolf from an unrepentant Hawke, who dismisses the dangers of the aircraft falling into Soviet hands.

The Firm, during the first and second seasons, served as both ally and enemy for Hawke and Santini; when an opportunity to seize Airwolf presented itself, Firm operatives often took it. In the episode "Moffett’s Ghost", for example, Airwolf suffers from a legacy fail-safe program instigated by a command from its dead creator, and Hawke confides in an old friend skilled with computer repair. Unbeknownest to Hawke, this individual has been secretly recruited by The Firm to seize Airwolf from Hawke and Santini, by installing a tracking device to reveal the helicopter's hiding place. Perhaps the most prominent example of The Firm's conflicting goals is witnessed in "Echos from the Past," in which Dominic, led to believe Hawke has been killed in a helicopter accident, is torn between revealing Airwolf's hiding place to Archangel (who rightly suspects a Libyan plot to seize it) or keeping his vow of secrecy concerning the helicopter to his close friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, Which was the better TV show?

I'll vote for Knight Rider ... Hoff was the man, Kitt his queer computer car, togther they could microjam and kungfu kick any criminal butt that upheld the law. favorite episode Kitt Vs Karr.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Knight: a lone crusader in a dangerous world. The world.......of the Knight Rider.

Kitt v Karr...good v evil...one camp voice v another camp voice!

Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    ATL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knight Rider!

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Knight Rider had Mr Feeny so that wins.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knight Rider,but i love Airwolf,s theme music.

Debut
    Sep 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Airwolf had the better music but Knight Rider had KITT. Now if Airwolf could talk then there might be a competition.

My ideal episode never happened. I always wanted Garth Knight to team up with KARR and take on Michael and KITT but he had that stupid lorry called Goliath instead!!

Debut
    Sep 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it only me that wanted KARR to win and kill KITT??

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Higher State of Consciousness
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no mention of streethawk

Pakistan Cricket Needs You!!!

Debut
    Sep 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason StreetHawk never achieved the following of Airwolf and Knight Rider...

...i think it was too manufactured and was a pure cash-in on the popularity of the big two shows.

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knight Rider set a precedent that Street Hawk could never meet up to.

As Merc says, it was a bit too 'glossy' and manufactured - a bit like 'boy band'.

Loved the Airwolf theme music - but not the show.

Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats because Knight Rider made 90 episode's

Airwolf made 79 and Street Hawk only made 13...
    Last edited by Salman; 17th August 2006 at 02:35.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A better comparison is Knight Rider vs Street Hawk!

Street Hawk Website: http://www.streethawkonline.com/index.html

You can download the episodes...and that soundtrack
    Last edited by Shaf; 17th August 2006 at 03:57.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has to be knight rider for me!

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Download Knight Rider......

http://www.supermp3.org/showthread.php?t=157639

Download if u can,its on rapidshare ,,,i downloaded a few episodes.
    Last edited by qasim722; 17th August 2006 at 05:36.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Qasim...

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those intrested in Stats, i.e Merc... here's the spec sheet i posted on the car thread.

K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand):
    This is the name of the car developed by F.L.A.G. for use in fighting "criminals who operate above the law".

VEHICLE TYPE: Front engine, rear wheel drive, two passenger, two door Pontiac Trans AM coupe
    DIMENSIONS:
    Wheel base(101.1 in.)
    Length(189.8 in.)
    Width(72 in.)
    Height(37.2 in.)
    OVERALL WEIGHT: (52.7)
    TREAD, FRONT: (60.7 in.)
    TREAD, REAR: (60.6 in.)
    INTERIOR-FRONT:
    HEAD ROOM: (37.2 in.)
    LEG ROOM: (43.0 in.)
    SHOULDER ROOM: (57.4 in.)
    HIP ROOM: (52.8 in.)
    INTERIOR-REAR:
    HEAD ROOM: (35.3 in.)
    LEG ROOM: (28.9 in.)
    SHOULDER ROOM: (55.8 in.)
    HIP ROOM: (44.4 in.)
    CARGO INDEX VOLUME w/rear seat up: (TBD 12.9 liters/cu. ft.)
    CARGO INDEX VOLUME w/rear seat down: (TBD 33.7 liters/cu. ft.)
    FUEL TANK CAPACITY: (56.6 liters, 16.8 gallons)
    ENGINE TYPE: Knight Industries turbojet with modified afterburners
    TRANSMISSION: variable speed microprocessor turbodrive with auto pilot (needs no driver)
    SUSPENSION: Short/long arm front, torque arm/track bar rear
    STEERING TYPE: Modified rack-and-pinion
    TURN-CIRCLE: 2ft. with rocket assist
    BRAKES: Type- Electromagnetic Power Anti-lock hyper-vacuum disc (4)
    CHASSIS/BODY TYPE: Unit construction
    BODY MATERIAL: a classified molecular-bonded shell
    PRICE NEW: $20,600,000 est.
    ACCELERATION: 0-60mph> 0.1 seconds with power boosters
    Standing 1/4 mile> 4.014 sec. @365.4 mph
    HORSEPOWER: 1500 @ 20,400 rpm
    TORQUE: 1600 ft-lbs @ 20,000 rpm
    BRAKING: 10 ft.(70-0 mph)
    ACCESSORY FEATURES: Operationally controlled by the advanced Knight Industries 2000 microprocessor. Features include: Auto Cruise, Auto Pursuit, Auto Collision Avoidance (with over-ride option), and Emergency Eject. Knight 3000 microprocessor is equipped with a computer "voice," known as "KITT." Complete audio/video in-dash entertainment/ surveillance capabilities, including radar, sonar, infared, and x-ray. "C" button control for hard top convertible mode. Other info: K.I.T.T.'s serial number is alpha-delta-227529. Located under the dash is KITT's "Emergency Schematic Blueprint", which contains all technical data about KITT as well as schematics of all his components. KITT's memory size was termed "unlimited" in 1985, and at that time held over 50 million K (48.8 Gigabytes) of data, and KITT was able to introduce up to 1 million K (976.6 Megabytes) more every day if needed.

Last edited by Salman; 17th August 2006 at 05:51.

Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big LOL at that Hasselhoff picture Salman. Knight Rider all the way.

Debut
    Sep 2003
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was too young to realise when I first saw it but when I was watching Knight Rider on Bravo recently, I was shocked at the amount of girlie make-up the Hoff was wearing!!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    My computer in Lahore Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dudes i love all the 3 shows, but i love the most is knight rider

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman
    For those intrested in Stats, i.e Merc... here's the spec sheet i posted on the car thread.

K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand):
    This is the name of the car developed by F.L.A.G. for use in fighting "criminals who operate above the law".

VEHICLE TYPE: Front engine, rear wheel drive, two passenger, two door Pontiac Trans AM coupe
    DIMENSIONS:
    Wheel base(101.1 in.)
    Length(189.8 in.)
    Width(72 in.)
    Height(37.2 in.)
    OVERALL WEIGHT: (52.7)
    TREAD, FRONT: (60.7 in.)
    TREAD, REAR: (60.6 in.)
    INTERIOR-FRONT:
    HEAD ROOM: (37.2 in.)
    LEG ROOM: (43.0 in.)
    SHOULDER ROOM: (57.4 in.)
    HIP ROOM: (52.8 in.)
    INTERIOR-REAR:
    HEAD ROOM: (35.3 in.)
    LEG ROOM: (28.9 in.)
    SHOULDER ROOM: (55.8 in.)
    HIP ROOM: (44.4 in.)
    CARGO INDEX VOLUME w/rear seat up: (TBD 12.9 liters/cu. ft.)
    CARGO INDEX VOLUME w/rear seat down: (TBD 33.7 liters/cu. ft.)
    FUEL TANK CAPACITY: (56.6 liters, 16.8 gallons)
    ENGINE TYPE: Knight Industries turbojet with modified afterburners
    TRANSMISSION: variable speed microprocessor turbodrive with auto pilot (needs no driver)
    SUSPENSION: Short/long arm front, torque arm/track bar rear
    STEERING TYPE: Modified rack-and-pinion
    TURN-CIRCLE: 2ft. with rocket assist
    BRAKES: Type- Electromagnetic Power Anti-lock hyper-vacuum disc (4)
    CHASSIS/BODY TYPE: Unit construction
    BODY MATERIAL: a classified molecular-bonded shell
    PRICE NEW: $20,600,000 est.
    ACCELERATION: 0-60mph> 0.1 seconds with power boosters
    Standing 1/4 mile> 4.014 sec. @365.4 mph
    HORSEPOWER: 1500 @ 20,400 rpm
    TORQUE: 1600 ft-lbs @ 20,000 rpm
    BRAKING: 10 ft.(70-0 mph)
    ACCESSORY FEATURES: Operationally controlled by the advanced Knight Industries 2000 microprocessor. Features include: Auto Cruise, Auto Pursuit, Auto Collision Avoidance (with over-ride option), and Emergency Eject. Knight 3000 microprocessor is equipped with a computer "voice," known as "KITT." Complete audio/video in-dash entertainment/ surveillance capabilities, including radar, sonar, infared, and x-ray. "C" button control for hard top convertible mode. Other info: K.I.T.T.'s serial number is alpha-delta-227529. Located under the dash is KITT's "Emergency Schematic Blueprint", which contains all technical data about KITT as well as schematics of all his components. KITT's memory size was termed "unlimited" in 1985, and at that time held over 50 million K (48.8 Gigabytes) of data, and KITT was able to introduce up to 1 million K (976.6 Megabytes) more every day if needed.

are u michael knight by any chance??

Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary
    I was too young to realise when I first saw it but when I was watching Knight Rider on Bravo recently, I was shocked at the amount of girlie make-up the Hoff was wearing!!
    Don't you dare diss "the Hoff"!

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Apt#0-3 Lane 39-6 341Victorius Plaza
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHHH brings back load of memories ...Knight Rider wins hands down ,, i still remember that red lighty thing which kitt had for radar purposes used in every car in Karachi.

Still A- team remains my fav show frm that era

I pity the fool ( sami )

«bad[ж]³hah» "0-3 ..39-6 to 341 runs victory.Mother of All Comebacks..«bad[ж]³hah»

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you all kidding me? Knight Rider over airwolf.. I would choose airwolf any time of the day.

I think maybe ya'll need to re-watch some episodes of airwolf, that show was so ahead of its time, the character of stringfellow hawke, the very machine itself. I have never seen a more beautiful and lethal looking helicopter than airwolf. Yes it was far fetched about its super sonic speeds and all that jazz, but for television I believe you should just suspend your disbelief and watch the show.
    Airwolf's very first episode had a major character die, something that had really never been done before in a tv series. I think its as good as knight rider IF not better, each one to their own i suppose.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Airwolf's very first episode had a major character die, something that had really never been done before in a tv series.
    Not a particularly major character if they didn't even last past the very first episode.

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ but it is a major character if it was mentioned on almost every episode and it changed the main character..

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    Princeton, NJ USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definately airwolf, from its theme music to the premise was just better than knight rider. both were pretty campy though i must admit but fun!!!

"I am the patron saint of mediocrity.."--Salieri

Debut
    Jan 2000
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing beats the Hoff damn it! All Airwolf supporters better get out of this thread now.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the A-team wins over them all