Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to slog shot

Guys need help with some breakthrough shots. I generally am a play the ball on its merits batsman but it does mean I can get stuck at times. What are your favourite breakthrough shots?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    866 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I don't think a breakthrough shot will help you buddy. You will end up looking like Umar Akmal, aka getting tied down, can't find the gap, wild slog towards midwicket (or any reckless shot really) and you're out.

Practice picking gaps will be better in the long run, but since you ask I think one of the best get out jail shots is the guide to 3rd man.

Honestly I've noticed I require a lot of practice playing shots square of the wicket, but if you can really master it and wait and wait for the ball, guide down to 3rd man would be a good one. A lot of top batsman use it, some early on in the innings too (with no slip obv) to get off the mark. That could be a good one.

usually if I get tied down and stuck, i just try to play straight in the V, a good old straight drive is my most reliable shot, or hit over the top.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Reverse sweep is the answer to everything.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1087 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I just shuffle across the stumps from my leg stump guard and give a whack to mid on. Was very succesful last year coming in at #10 and making quick runs with an over or 2 left

Takes out the lbw and bowled likelihood.

If I get caught or top edge it then tough luck.

(I'm a terrible batsman so expectation isnt much from me and I have zero ability to construct an innings. So I guess I can afford to do these things )

#MPGA

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Straight down the ground. I don't shuffle around, just create a base and if it's pitched up, it's going.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you develop a guide to third man or a back cut it is probably the best pressure release shot out there. You don't have to be strong to play this shot and you're nearly always using the pace of the bowler.

In most lower levels of cricket you also won't see a third man so its a good shot for more than 1.

He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I just shuffle across the stumps from my leg stump guard and give a whack to mid on. Was very succesful last year coming in at #10 and making quick runs with an over or 2 left

Takes out the lbw and bowled likelihood.

If I get caught or top edge it then tough luck.

(I'm a terrible batsman so expectation isnt much from me and I have zero ability to construct an innings. So I guess I can afford to do these things )
    Straight from the horse's mouth!