Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 62 of 62
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    London, Karachi
    Runs
    280
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    PCB awards central contracts to 35 players for 2017-2018

    The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) announces the award of its Players Central Contracts for the year 2017-18 (July 1, 2017- June 30th 2018) to 35 players in four categories.

    The Central Contracts were awarded after keeping in mind the performances, fitness, and discipline of the players. A number of young players have been awarded Central Contracts this year keeping in mind that the National Teams in all formats will be going through a transitionary period after a number of retirements from last year’s Central Contract List.

    As per the three year understanding reached with Players and the PCB Management the monthly retainers for all categories are increased by 10%.

    The Central Contracts Selection Committee comprising Director Cricket Operations, Chairman National Selection Committee, and Pakistan Team Head Coach have recommended and Chairman PCB has approved the following names for the 2017- 2018 Central Contract Term:

    Category A Category B Category C Category D
    1. Azhar Ali 7. Babar Azam 11. Wahab Riaz 22. Mohammad Nawaz
    2. Shoaib Malik 8. Imad Wasim 12. Rahat Ali 23. Asif Zakir
    3. Sarfraz Ahmed 9. Asad Shafiq 13. Haris Sohail 24. Usman Salahuddin
    4. Yasir Shah 10. Hasan Ali 14. Sami Aslam 25. Aamer Yamin
    5. Mohammad Hafeez 15. Shan Masood 26. Usman Shinwari
    6. Mohammad Amir 16. Sohail Khan 27. Faheem Ashraf
    17. Fakhar Zaman 28. Rumman Raees
    18. Junaid Khan 29. Imam-ul-Haq
    19. Ahmed Shehzad 30. Bilal Asif
    20. Mohammad Abbas 31. Mir Hamza
    21. Shadab Khan 32. Umar Amin
    33. Mohammad Hasan
    34. Mohammad Asghar
    35. Mohammad Rizwan
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th July 2017 at 17:38.


    The passion and the flame is ignited, you can't stop us once we light it!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,287
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How on earth Wahab, Rahat, Shan, Shehzad and Zakir got any contract? Waste of money by PCB

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,664
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar Zaman needs to be in the 'B' category. Appalling that Shehzad and Shan Masood are still there. Hafeez needs to be demoted to the 'C' category. Not only does he not deserve the 'A' spot, but also the fact that he has a lot of money anyway. I'm pleasantly surprised Akmal's have been excluded.

  4. #4
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    3,662
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @A.A.Z so whats their monthly salary and match fees ?


    Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

  5. #5
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    1,472
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how did imam ul haq get in there

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,998
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Comparing the 2016 contract to this year it is 80 % change

    2016 (A category), Azhar Ali, , Muhammad Hafeez .Misbah ul Haq, Younis Khan, Shoaib Malik, Misbah

    2017(A category),Azhar ali,Muhammad Hafeez,Sarfraz ahmed,Yasir Shah ,M.Amir ,Shoaib malik

    2016(B category) Wahab Riaz, Rahat Ali, Asad Shafiq and Muhammad Amir.

    2017(B category) Babar azam,Imad wasim,Asad shafiq,Hasan ali

    2016(C category), Hariis Sohail, Muhammad Rizwan, Imran Khan Sr, Shan Masood, Muhammad Irfan, Sami Aslam, Babar Azam, Imad Waseem, Hassan Ali, Khalid Latif, Sharjeel Khan, Muhammad Nawaz, Sohail Khan, Sohail Tanvir.

    2017(C category)Wahab Riaz, Rahat Ali, Haris Sohail, Sami Aslam, Shan Masood, Sohail Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Junaid Khan, Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Abbas and Shadab Khan.

    2016(D category)Anwar Ali, Zulfiqar Babar, Muhammad Asghar, Ahmad Shahzad, Umer Akmal

    2017(d category) Mohammad Nawaz, Asif Zakir, Usman Salahuddin, Aamer Yamin, Usman Shinwari, Fahim Ashraf, Rumman Raees, Imam-ul-Haq, Bilal Asif, Mir Hamza, Umar Amin, Mohammad Hassan, Mohammad Asghar and Mohammad Irfan.
    Last edited by saeed5646; 12th July 2017 at 10:42.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,998
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shan masood have played 3 to 4 test from 2016 to this point and have miserably failed yet he retained the

    c category of 2016

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,938
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A bit surprising to see Hussain Talat ignored when Mohammad Hasan & ImamUlHaq have been given contracts.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  9. #9
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,172
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Why is Shafiq in B category?

    He has done jack all year and plays just one format

  10. #10
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many things to not like about these contracts. Wahab and shehzad still in the list means they are undoubtedly going to make a come back again. Why is Fakhar and Shadab in C? The pcb should support upcoming players rather thn the oldies who have already earned more thn their fair share anyways.

    Umar Akmal is going to be back next year in the mix.... mark my words

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    65
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    How on earth Wahab, Rahat, Shan, Shehzad and Zakir got any contract? Waste of money by PCB
    Real waste. They could have spread this money out for the betterment of cricket somewhere rather thn flushing it down for these cricketers.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,175
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hafeez category A ...MY GOD!..this guy is sucking pcb and junior rights..and shahzad?????? the rest is good ..

  13. #13
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,610
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBallZombie View Post
    So many things to not like about these contracts. Wahab and shehzad still in the list means they are undoubtedly going to make a come back again. Why is Fakhar and Shadab in C? The pcb should support upcoming players rather thn the oldies who have already earned more thn their fair share anyways.

    Umar Akmal is going to be back next year in the mix.... mark my words
    If he is fit and performs. He is welcome.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,610
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would've loved to see Hasan Ali in A category.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,391
    Mentioned
    1239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    hafeez category A ...MY GOD!..this guy is sucking pcb and junior rights..and shahzad?????? the rest is good ..
    As it looks, all present or former Captains are by default in Cat A. Amir & Yasir deserves A.

    More or less fine list, including Ahmed & Wahab. Probably, Masood in C is the biggest surprise.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    3,175
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    As it looks, all present or former Captains are by default in Cat A. Amir & Yasir deserves A.

    More or less fine list, including Ahmed & Wahab. Probably, Masood in C is the biggest surprise.
    how can someone justify hafeez in category A????? and babr azam in B??????and asif zakir is not good choice but i will not mind him when he is not selected for national duty....

  17. #17
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,998
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Why is Shafiq in B category?

    He has done jack all year and plays just one format
    look at his performances in last two year in test even then he did not deserves B

    Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 2288
Size:  107.0 KB

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    26,242
    Mentioned
    779 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    A bloated list. Why is there a Cat D ? Some of those players have never played an international.

    Masood, Rahat, Wahab and Shehzad should not be on any contract.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    Glasgow
    Runs
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering some of the players who have made the list, it's quite concerning that Fawad Alam didn't even make the D list. Guess there is zero chance of ever getting a recall even with Younis Khan and Misbah retiring.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    265
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This list is good work from PCB. much appreciated.

    if they are going to announce 35 names. it is quite reasonable to have few controversial names.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Stoke
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    How on earth Wahab, Rahat, Shan, Shehzad and Zakir got any contract? Waste of money by PCB
    It's mainly Wahab and Shan

    Rahat and Ahmed are still useful due to there ages

    Shan is a waste of time

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    3,134
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Like are they even taking the past years performances into notice? Mr.Hafeez gets an A yet again


    If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    3,662
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.A.Z View Post
    The PCB has not disclosed those as yet. As soon as the numbers are released we will post them here.
    what was their previous salary ?


    Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

  24. #24
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    19,087
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why M Hafeez in A & Rizwan again


    Hey Jazba Junoon to himat na haar.......

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    8,918
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sohail Khan is there. Maybe his career isn't over after all

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    17,395
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Malik with A?....ok

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Pyongyang
    Runs
    3,706
    Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shadab deserves B

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    1,128
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junaid khan on C! Weird. Should be on B. Umar akmal must be in C or D. Hafiz on B.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,961
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    List shows that Haris is in their plans of test team and future. A glimmer of hope.
    Last edited by Waseem; 12th July 2017 at 13:14.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    229
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely disgusting the way Fawad Alam has been treated.. glad to see umar akmal out don't wana see him around & the quicker we get rid if showzad the better

  31. #31
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    2,170
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Fakhar Zaman needs to be in the 'B' category. Appalling that Shehzad and Shan Masood are still there. Hafeez needs to be demoted to the 'C' category. Not only does he not deserve the 'A' spot, but also the fact that he has a lot of money anyway. I'm pleasantly surprised Akmal's have been excluded.
    how can Zaman be on a category B. He just made his debut like a month and half ago. I think he has been well rewarded and compensated for his ICC performance, but on a basic permanent salary, he is rightfully in Category C.

    And unfair that you demote Hafeez, because he has alot of money. The chap has represented pakistan over a fair few seasons, plus involved in all 3 formats. Yes like Ahmed Shehzad and Wahab Riaz, had a serious loss form and played only 1 or two formats at most. Then yes, luckily he performed in T20s, been average in tests he played the last time (prior to his ban) and similalry in ODIs. Yes granted he didnt perform in the first matches of CT, but bef compared to Shehzad and Wahab, he hasnt been out of form for a considerable period of time


    عبدي أنت تريد ، وأنا أريد ، ولا يكون إلا ما أريد ، فإن سلمت لي فيما تريد كفيتك ما تريد

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,664
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kamz View Post
    how can Zaman be on a category B. He just made his debut like a month and half ago. I think he has been well rewarded and compensated for his ICC performance, but on a basic permanent salary, he is rightfully in Category C.

    And unfair that you demote Hafeez, because he has alot of money. The chap has represented pakistan over a fair few seasons, plus involved in all 3 formats. Yes like Ahmed Shehzad and Wahab Riaz, had a serious loss form and played only 1 or two formats at most. Then yes, luckily he performed in T20s, been average in tests he played the last time (prior to his ban) and similalry in ODIs. Yes granted he didnt perform in the first matches of CT, but bef compared to Shehzad and Wahab, he hasnt been out of form for a considerable period of time
    I didn't know your contracts were based on how "experienced" you were instead of how well you performed, and as far as performances go, Fakhar Zaman is at the top.

    As for Have, I understand your point of view but his performances have not been enough for me. I loved that innings in the final but just isn't good enough to be in the team let alone have an A contract.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,316
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is nobody else going to mention the fact the Professor Hafeez managed to snag an A contract while the real heroes of Pakistan cricket such as Babar and Hasan are given a B contract and Shadab Khan is given a C contract.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    3,313
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Is nobody else going to mention the fact the Professor Hafeez managed to snag an A contract while the real heroes of Pakistan cricket such as Babar and Hasan are given a B contract and Shadab Khan is given a C contract.
    This is Pakistan, seniority culture thrives

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,316
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just saw, the last air bender, Rahat Ali is put in the C category. That is a huge disrespect to the man of his quality, he deserves an A+ contract at the very least for his services to the country and humanity at large.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  36. #36
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    888
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People like Asif Zakir, Usman Salahuddin, Imam ul Has and Umar Amin above Fawad Alam on what basis? Merit counts for little in Pak cricket.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfair to continuously exclude Fawad Alam.

    Need to plan and offer more to M. Irfan.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    473
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deserves A+ no doubt. Keeping himself away from the team, I count it as a huge contribution

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Stoke
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    how did imam ul haq get in there


    Why have you even asked this question

    He has averaged over 40 last season,that too on wet pitches opening the innings

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Stoke
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samiakh View Post
    People like Asif Zakir, Usman Salahuddin, Imam ul Has and Umar Amin above Fawad Alam on what basis? Merit counts for little in Pak cricket.
    Why do you like fawad alam so much,He has been given a few chances(Bangladesh,Windies Tour game)

    I love inzis selection policy,He selects players on performances from the domestic season

    Fawad hardly made any runs so he didn't get mentioned

    Asif Zakir,Usman,Imam these guys made tons of runs last season

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Stoke
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Is nobody else going to mention the fact the Professor Hafeez managed to snag an A contract while the real heroes of Pakistan cricket such as Babar and Hasan are given a B contract and Shadab Khan is given a C contract.
    On the same page as u buddy

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No contract for Umar Akmal. Good decision.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    773
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Is nobody else going to mention the fact the Professor Hafeez managed to snag an A contract while the real heroes of Pakistan cricket such as Babar and Hasan are given a B contract and Shadab Khan is given a C contract.
    Give and take, that how it goes.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,148
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hasan Ali should have been given an A contract.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    1,743
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by b.lesner View Post
    how did imam ul haq get in there
    Thanks to uncle.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,811
    Mentioned
    652 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    Thanks to uncle.
    Obviously being the third highest run-scorer in the last domestic tournament has nothing to do with it...

    It looks like PCB is trying to award the best performers from the last QeA trophy (who can be considered for selection going forward, explaining K Akmal's exclusion).


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,774
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    look at his performances in last two year in test even then he did not deserves B

    Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 2288
Size:  107.0 KB
    Averges 30.88 in last 15 test matches?? poor performance

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,774
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imad Wasim Category B, some Much better players are in category C

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samiakh View Post
    People like Asif Zakir, Usman Salahuddin, Imam ul Has and Umar Amin above Fawad Alam on what basis? Merit counts for little in Pak cricket.
    Fawad can be selected for tests. I belive in the eye to see talent rather than stats.

    We would never have seen Shadab Khan or Hassan Ali in the team if the merit would have bee defined by stats. Max we would have seen them in T20s only as they performed well in PSL.

    You need to find players who can improve and have talent, a bowler averaging 35 in first class currently but has the potential to become a under 27 average bowler is better to me than the one who currently averages 30 and thats his max potential. You need players who show potential to become world class players.

    Yes Fawad averages above 55 i guess in first class and might get a nod for tests.
    Asif Zakir is supposed to be a good striker of the ball which we lack in Lois, Usman, Imam and Umar are young and talented while Fawad doesnt have age on his side and its not like he is definitely going to play tests let alone Lois.

    Yes I agree that he was hard done earlier in his career but than I didnt see any improvement in his Limited overs game in this PSL while Umar Amin has deceloped a range of new strokes suited to the modern cricket era and looks a different player now just like how Sharjeel looked in PSL one after working on his off side game.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,401
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By PSL for Fawad I meant Pakistan cup 2017

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,309
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aside from Wahab, Rahat, Shan, Sohail, Bilal and Zakir, that's a pretty good list.

    I somewhat agree with 83% of the names there.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Texas, USA
    Runs
    2,630
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very short A & B list. Fawad Alam, Umer Akmal and Sharjeel should have been in A contract by now based on their talent. What a waste of talent!
    Last edited by sali; 13th July 2017 at 04:54.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    2,466
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Asad Shafiq should have been in the A, he is on the reason recent success in the Test cricket, he is playing for Pakistan for some time now (56 test matches) 31 years of age.

    He has a better record than Hafeez/Malik I know he did not had the best year but still it's reasonable he is a senior now with Misbah and Younis have gone PCB should back him up.

    For the rest it's a decent setup it's really good to see PCB have made progress in this regards.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,203
    Mentioned
    1418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Fawad Alam - guess no international cricket for Fawad so understandable


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  55. #55
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    517
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqib View Post
    Asad Shafiq should have been in the A, he is on the reason recent success in the Test cricket, he is playing for Pakistan for some time now (56 test matches) 31 years of age.

    He has a better record than Hafeez/Malik I know he did not had the best year but still it's reasonable he is a senior now with Misbah and Younis have gone PCB should back him up.
    .
    Ben je serieus? Lol the guy is a mental midget. Have you fortgot his pairs of ducks het got last year?

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    2,466
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirforpresident View Post
    Ben je serieus? Lol the guy is a mental midget. Have you fortgot his pairs of ducks het got last year?
    Yes I am, every cricketer goes trough a diffecult patch, his place in the side is now more important than ever because of Misbah / Younis have retired. Strongly believe he should have been in the A group.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    82,910
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hafeez should have another category . " Z " category . He should be joined by Shehzad and Wahab there.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,468
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Fawad can be selected for tests. I belive in the eye to see talent rather than stats.

    We would never have seen Shadab Khan or Hassan Ali in the team if the merit would have bee defined by stats. Max we would have seen them in T20s only as they performed well in PSL.

    You need to find players who can improve and have talent, a bowler averaging 35 in first class currently but has the potential to become a under 27 average bowler is better to me than the one who currently averages 30 and thats his max potential. You need players who show potential to become world class players.

    Yes Fawad averages above 55 i guess in first class and might get a nod for tests.
    Asif Zakir is supposed to be a good striker of the ball which we lack in Lois, Usman, Imam and Umar are young and talented while Fawad doesnt have age on his side and its not like he is definitely going to play tests let alone Lois.

    Yes I agree that he was hard done earlier in his career but than I didnt see any improvement in his Limited overs game in this PSL while Umar Amin has deceloped a range of new strokes suited to the modern cricket era and looks a different player now just like how Sharjeel looked in PSL one after working on his off side game.
    Rubbish. Hasan averages 22 in List A, and was the lead wicket taker in one of the recent domestic LOIs, Pakistan Cup if I recall, alongside Sadaf I think.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    340
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Is nobody else going to mention the fact the Professor Hafeez managed to snag an A contract while the real heroes of Pakistan cricket such as Babar and Hasan are given a B contract and Shadab Khan is given a C contract.
    Lemme defend. They've performed for limited time. Let them be a bit further consistent. You dont want to end up in a situation where one-time performers are in A category like Shahzad.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,461
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bilal Asif on what basis?


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,922
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Fawad Alam - guess no international cricket for Fawad so understandable
    Can't believe I missed that. Looks like selectors have no plan bringing him back into the test squad then unfortunately. Looking at those contract names, seems like Haris Sohail, Usman Salluhuddin and Umar Amin will be in contention to fit into the 2 spots that have just freed up in tests.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where is Abdul Rehman Muzammil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •