Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"These 10,000 runs shouldn't be taken for granted" : Younis Khan

Younis Khan at a press conference:

"My 10,099 runs didn't come with the water or they weren't brought by the wind. My 17 years' hard work is not the only thing behind them. Behind these 17 years, there's another 17 years of hard work. 34-35 years of my 40 years have been spent on cricket plus support and hard work from my family, brothers, friends and coaches over these many years have all led to this."

"These 10,000 runs shouldn't be taken for granted, they are the result of a lot of hard work. Respect them, respect me and also respect those who have even scored one run for Pakistan."

(If PCB made an offer would you leave UBL?)
    "I have been working with UBL which is my bread and butter. I joined them because of their community work which I intend on taking part in regularly. Many franchises in PSL and in other countries have approached me but I wish to keep myself open, I don't want to be bonded with one. I am working for Edhi, TCF, Indus Hospital and I try to keep myself open. However, if someone calls me with respect through the proper channels then I would definitely consider it. Wherever I get an opportunity, I am willing to help."

"The credit for Pakistan's win against India goes to the players and the management. The comeback by the team was amazing. Sarfraz Ahmed and the team and management is completely deserving of all the praise they have received, and they deserve even more appreciation than they have received. It shouldn't be like when I came after winning the WT20 2009 and people soon forgot, there wasn't a lot of appreciation for it."

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Stoke
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You no it's getting embarrassing that they arnt moving on

Younis probably feels left out,a Maybe might even take his retirement back.

He should take a deep breath and relax,instead of doing a presser almost every week

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This guy will be trying to male a comeback. Mark my words

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These 10,000 runs shouldn't be taken for granted, they are the result of a lot of hard work. Respect them, respect me and also respect those who have even scored one run for Pakistan."
    Who has been taking them for granted?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please change the title to - "Understand my importance to Pakistan cricket history and beg me to come back, you minions!" : Younis Khan

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure the resident bash-ers of Younis Khan on PP haven't scored a 1,000 runs collectively in gully cricket.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Team man back to his best.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    The comments in full aren't as bad as the headline makes out.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Feels like he wants to be in the spotlight again after Pak winning the 2017 CT, even I don't see Afridi talking much after retiring.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan CT win has had an unintentionally negative impact on YK's post retirement media plans.
    Has had to shelve plans about a 13 month named after him along with the mandatory requirement of every first-born male to be named Younis.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Who has been taking them for granted?
    People who are providing coverage to CT campaign vs. Yk's retirement hagiography.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think anyone is taking it for granted. Scoring 10k runs in any format is a magnificent achievement.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis is a legend and a great player but unfortunately he is too obsessed with how people should see him and remember him but unfortunately no one gets to decided how they are remembered. if you demand respect all the time then you are not going to get any respect. he has earned enough respect and he should allow people to remember how they want to remember him. No one will forget the 10000 runs he has scored and all the matches he has won for Pak so i don't understand why he is so worried about his legacy.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Read the entire article ignorant people. Anyhow he is right, his runs for Pakistan have been taken for granted ; the narrow minded bigotry directed at him by selfish individuals is an example, heck they even complain when he does charity.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Read the entire article ignorant people. Anyhow he is right, his runs for Pakistan have been taken for granted ; the narrow minded bigotry directed at him by selfish individuals is an example, heck they even complain when he does charity.
    Bro, we have seen for many years.

problem with him is he doesnt act rationally. He is a very irrational person

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Bro, we have seen for many years.

problem with him is he doesnt act rationally. He is a very irrational person
    Only cheap people with an agenda hold such pathetic views and fail to look beyond their narrow minded bigotry regardless of the situation at hand or context, it reminds me of all the Misbah haters

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    YK still trying to be in the limelight lol.

Don't blame him for that as it is tough to retire and move on after being in the spotlight for so many years.

Great player and an amazing role model #MisYou

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any link to the full article//// feels like alot of statements are taken out of context.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    i think he should come back out of retirement to play one more test tour.
    this CT win has completely blanked his victory lap.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YK is a magnificent servant and legend of Pak cricket.

The ever so slightest gloss was taken off his retirement due to the fact he only played on for the WI tour to get the 10k runs and that was the only thing he was talking about leading up to tours where he potentially could have got them. So as usual, putting the team first ahead of individual achievements.

InshallAllah, going forward, the team will now always come ahead of personal milestones.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    YK is a magnificent servant and legend of Pak cricket.

The ever so slightest gloss was taken off his retirement due to the fact he only played on for the WI tour to get the 10k runs and that was the only thing he was talking about leading up to tours where he potentially could have got them. So as usual, putting the team first ahead of individual achievements.

InshallAllah, going forward, the team will now always come ahead of personal milestones.
    welcome to the site and good post.

Its a team sport

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your time is done YK and we all respect you for what you did. People are already pouring love and respect on you ever since your retirement and now you don't seem to be respecting them. You will hurt your dignity if you keep talking like this which unfortunately has been your second nature. There are people in the world who are better of by being quiet and YK is one of them.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    479 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bilalmasaud View Post
    any link to the full article//// feels like alot of statements are taken out of context.
    These are direct quotes from his press conference. Quotes in OP are pretty much all he said.

I don't think there's anything wrong with most of what he said, though the bit about the 2009 World T20 was not necessary.

He was in quite a jolly mood, cracking some jokes, but those don't really make sense if you transcribe them...

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love YK but why does he always find something to complain. Frankly it is a big turnoff

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yk - stop this kind of glory seeking. People will recognise your efforts more if you shut up and let people decide if you are worthy of praise. Of course you deserve recognition

U were a very good player for Pakistan. Well done. Now please move on.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Selfless individual

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967