Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,739
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Misbah-ul-Haq becomes the 22nd Pakistani to be awarded MCC Honorary Life Membership




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    4,919
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Great addition, looking forward to his views on current issues facing cricket and what his suggestions would be.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,136
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    MCC has elected former Pakistan international Misbah-ul-Haq as an Honorary Life Member of the Club.

    Misbah becomes the 22nd player from Pakistan to be awarded Honorary Life Membership, joining icons such as Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Javed Miandad and Ramiz Raja on the list.

    He was presented with his membership book by President of MCC Matthew Fleming following the conclusion of MCC’s showpiece match against Afghanistan on Tuesday.

    Honorary Life Membership is awarded to some of the finest cricketers and men and women associated with the game.

    The 43 year-old, who made his Test match debut for Pakistan back in 2001 before retiring in May of this year, played 75 Tests, 162 One-Day Internationals and 39 T20 Internationals for his country.

    He captained Pakistan in 56 of his Test matches, earning him a reputation as a calm leader of his side and was in charge when they recorded the impressive 3-0 series victory over England in 2012, who were then top of the Test rankings.

    One of his most famous innings came at Lord’s last year, when his 114 helped Pakistan to a 75-run victory over England at the Home of Cricket, and his famous push-up celebration went on to become synonymous with his team’s Tour of England.

    Misbah ended his Test match career earlier this year against the West Indies, with 5,222 career runs to his name and an average of 46.62. He also averaged 43.40 in ODI cricket, scoring 5,122.

    https://www.lords.org/news/2017/july...bership-by-mcc


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    9,419
    Mentioned
    630 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Congratulations Misbah !! Well Done

    Where are Hanif and Fazal ?? also what are Burki and Raes doing there

    The rest I am ok with.....

  5. #5
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,488
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great move.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,600
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Congratulations Misbah !! Well Done

    Where are Hanif and Fazal ?? also what are Burki and Raes doing there

    The rest I am ok with.....
    It's MCC's decision who to award their membership. I am sure they have their own criteria ;)

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    229
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Congratulations Misbah !! Well Done

    Where are Hanif and Fazal ?? also what are Burki and Raes doing there

    The rest I am ok with.....
    It is as if you are the final approving authority on this and now reviewing the list.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    707
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is Ramiz doing on that list? Have to admire the guy's knack for always knowing people in right places.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    314
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good English is minimum criteria for this list - so not suprised to see no MoYo, Saeed Anwar, Afridi, Inzi and YK

  10. #10
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,229
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And posters here were suggesting misbah shouldnt play for mcc because of the opponent.

    Like i said, playing for mcc is such an honour itself that it shouldnt matter who the opponent is


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,229
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Congratulations Misbah !! Well Done

    Where are Hanif and Fazal ?? also what are Burki and Raes doing there

    The rest I am ok with.....
    I think some are there based on their county careers


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,304
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Good English is minimum criteria for this list - so not suprised to see no MoYo, Saeed Anwar, Afridi, Inzi and YK
    Yup. Otherwise MoYo should've been there. He was much better than Misbah anyway.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,703
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Monetarist View Post
    What is Ramiz doing on that list? Have to admire the guy's knack for always knowing people in right places.
    He was only inducted in 2015 a decade after the two W's who started playing later than him. Must have begged someone at the MCC, he only has 2 test centuries which is pathetic.

    Congratulations to Misbah, fully deserved.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,229
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    He was only inducted in 2015 a decade after the two W's who started playing later than him. Must have begged someone at the MCC, he only has 2 test centuries which is pathetic.

    Congratulations to Misbah, fully deserved.
    ???

    Playing cricket is not the only criteria for this.

    Rameez raja at the end of the day is the best commie fron pakistan. Always there representing us.

    Ehsan mani ia also on the list who i believe isnt a cricketer.

    Its the work these guys have done which counts


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,703
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    ???

    Playing cricket is not the only criteria for this.

    Rameez raja at the end of the day is the best commie fron pakistan. Always there representing us.

    Ehsan mani ia also on the list who i believe isnt a cricketer.

    Its the work these guys have done which counts
    It isn't but Raja was an average test cricketer. You are probably correct, his commentary and being around the sport so much has helped him to be inducted but Ive never rated his commentary at all and I think most Pak fans dont either.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    229
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    It isn't but Raja was an average test cricketer. You are probably correct, his commentary and being around the sport so much has helped him to be inducted but Ive never rated his commentary at all and I think most Pak fans dont either.
    Raja is a joke as a commentator. He is one of those cases who just know how to speak English somehow and has played a little so gets a chance as a commie since Pak don't have any other decent one. I hate him the way he always try to elaborate strongly on the weaknesses, howsoever small, of each and every Pak batsman as if he has any personal agenda against all of them. He will keep emphasising on each of those ill traits as if begging the co-commentators to go and tell the bowlers personally and get them out.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,703
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaifmazhar View Post
    Raja is a joke as a commentator. He is one of those cases who just know how to speak English somehow and has played a little so gets a chance as a commie since Pak don't have any other decent one. I hate him the way he always try to elaborate strongly on the weaknesses, howsoever small, of each and every Pak batsman as if he has any personal agenda against all of them. He will keep emphasising on each of those ill traits as if begging the co-commentators to go and tell the bowlers personally and get them out.
    Totally agree. It's an embarrassment to Pakistan.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,313
    Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lmao how is Rambo in there. Rambos main claim to fame is his role as opener in the 92 WC triumph. But MCC membership is generally based on Test exploits. And Rambo was trash in Tests. a travesty Inzi isnt in there if Rambo is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •