Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 63 of 63
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    13,397
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    "Virat Kohli is the best batsman in the world" : Mohammad Amir

    Amir had a Q and A session on Twitter and when asked about the best batsman in the world, he said Kohli.

    He was also asked who is the best of Kohli, Smith, Williamson and Root and gave the same answer.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,252
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was also asked who is your favorite teammate and he said Imad. That's cool, those are my two fav. players.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    20,149
    Mentioned
    3982 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Amir pointing to the easy work


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    4,053
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VK is the best LOI batsman in the world and one of the best test batsmen currently,so his answer isn't surprising.


    Pakistan didn't just defy logic, they spat in logic's face, questioned the moral inclinations of its parents, kicked it in the shins, kneed it in the groin, strangled it unconscious, then shoved it into the mud and set its trousers on fire

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    96
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wonder he has been underwhelming for the most part since his comeback. He's lost a lot of judging ability by the looks of things. Kohli is tailenderesque against any semblance of swing and seam, and as evidenced by the recent India-Aus series.. he can't play quality spin too well also. Great FTB though.. definitely ATG in that regard.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    1,141
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kohli is a beast, to be honest.

    Amir and most bowlers around world rightly rate him so high.

    I am sure he will get his game up vs swing/seam as well

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,082
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one bad game doesn't make Kohli a bad batsman. Aamer is right he is probably got more fans in Pakistan than tendulkar ever did, he is a true match winner unlike Tendulkar and that's why everybody loves and respects him.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    359
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Just one bad game doesn't make Kohli a bad batsman. Aamer is right he is probably got more fans in Pakistan than tendulkar ever did, he is a true match winner unlike Tendulkar and that's why everybody loves and respects him.
    When there is nothing else to differentiate, pull out the Match Winner card.

    So all the runs that Tendulkar scored didn't add to his teams tally ?

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offcourse he will say Kohli, because he made Kohli look like a Clown ( twice in two balls) so indirectly he is praising himself.

    How can he say it's Steven Smith who has bashed Amir to all corners of the park in that Test Series.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Just one bad game doesn't make Kohli a bad batsman. Aamer is right he is probably got more fans in Pakistan than tendulkar ever did, he is a true match winner unlike Tendulkar and that's why everybody loves and respects him.
    How did sachin come in to this conversation. Now Amir is bigger matchwinner than sachin? You started watching cricket from 2000?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    154
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair do's really, he played an extraordinary innings in that Asian cup t20, one of the best I've ever seen, Amir had the ball on a string but Kohli still took a couple of boundaries off him, pretty much turning the tide of the match.

    It's a shame these two won't play more often against one another

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though i am indian i feel kohli is not great against swing or seam even Rahane or Pujara/Vijay are better than virat against best attack on most difficult pitch.I would rate steve smith best batsman in most condition currently.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    139
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is no doubt in that. kohli is the best batsman in the world by some distance.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    When there is nothing else to differentiate, pull out the Match Winner card.

    So all the runs that Tendulkar scored didn't add to his teams tally ?
    Sachin's match winning 98 in 2003 World Cup and matchwinng 85 in 2011 wc must still be hurting him. Sore loser.
    Who cares about wc match winning performance. Amir won the champions trophy game after looking average entire tournament.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    13,397
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Fair do's really, he played an extraordinary innings in that Asian cup t20, one of the best I've ever seen, Amir had the ball on a string but Kohli still took a couple of boundaries off him, pretty much turning the tide of the match.

    It's a shame these two won't play more often against one another
    Kohli himself agrees.




    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    359
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    Sachin's match winning 98 in 2003 World Cup and matchwinng 85 in 2011 wc must still be hurting him. Sore loser.
    Who cares about wc match winning performance. Amir won the champions trophy game after looking average entire tournament.
    He meant that Kohli has more fans than Tendulkar ever did in Pakistan because Kohli is a Match Winner and SRT is a Match Loser

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    359
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    there is no doubt in that. kohli is the best batsman in the world by some distance.
    No it's Steven Smith. Pakistanis going over the top with Virat's praise after Amir won the last battle or because Virat is very friendly with Pakistanis, all those Eid Mubarak Videos worked I guess.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    18,782
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    Sachin's match winning 98 in 2003 World Cup and matchwinng 85 in 2011 wc must still be hurting him. Sore loser.
    Who cares about wc match winning performance. Amir won the champions trophy game after looking average entire tournament.

    He had like 7 chances in those two innings lol


    #MPGA

  19. #19
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    20,019
    Mentioned
    957 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Since a Pakistani has called Virat the best batsman in the world, expect Indians to disagree.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    139
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    No it's Steven Smith. Pakistanis going over the top with Virat's praise after Amir won the last battle or because Virat is very friendly with Pakistanis, all those Eid Mubarak Videos worked I guess.
    i can only speak for myself. i have greatly admired him since his early days and he is the player i aspire to be. his friendly attitude towards pak does not affect me.

    smith is great but kohli is the king.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    No it's Steven Smith. Pakistanis going over the top with Virat's praise after Amir won the last battle or because Virat is very friendly with Pakistanis, all those Eid Mubarak Videos worked I guess.
    Overanalysing I'm afraid.

    Most people would put Root or Kohli number one. For me. It's Root. For Amir, it's Kohli. Fair enough. It's his opinion. No motive or reason behind it - just a simple opinion.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awwww, so much love in the air. <3<3<3

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    340
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since most of the cricket is being played on flat tracks, he's truly the best in such conditions these days.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    1,869
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure Amir's opinion will change once he plays test matches against Smith, Root, Kane, Amla and Kohli!
    Kohli easily the worse test player among these 5.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  25. #25
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    781
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Pretty sure Amir's opinion will change once he plays test matches against Smith, Root, Kane, Amla and Kohli!
    Kohli easily the worse test player among these 5.
    Didn't Amir play Against Root in England and Smith in Australia last year?

    Why would he rate Kohli the best without playing any Test Cricket or even an ODI Series for that matter? I guess both Amir and Kohli have mostly faced each other in one off T20s.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    1,869
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboomcheema View Post
    Didn't Amir play Against Root in England and Smith in Australia last year?

    Why would he rate Kohli the best without playing any Test Cricket or even an ODI Series for that matter? I guess both Amir and Kohli have mostly faced each other in one off T20s.
    Yes he did and with Kane too.
    Kohli struggles against lateral movement and dont think he will survive against Amir with the new ball.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Yes he did and with Kane too.
    Kohli struggles against lateral movement and dont think he will survive against Amir with the new ball.
    This. Just look at kohli's record when ball swings and when it does not. (don't show t20 or ipl records even odi have flat tracks with no swing these days).

    If average bowler like andreson can make kohli a bunny then greats like mcgrath or wasim or even amir can take kohli on most pitches if it have even 1% help for bowlers.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    He had like 7 chances in those two innings lol
    Lol at clubbing two innings. Only one chance in the first one. Let me know the match winning innings, I will tell you how many chances batsman had in that. Most of the match winning innings would have at least one chance.

    Btw sachin has played a lot of match winning innings. We usually see burning Pakistani fans come up with this silly excuse. Going by their logic kumble, ashwin, etc are far better matchwinner than imran.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    3,281
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Asian Cricketers and fans in general put a lot more emphasis on ODI Cricket than rest of the world. So, their views are somewhat influenced by ODI heroics of other players

  30. #30
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,082
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kohli is mile ahead of his peers and even his predecessors even tendulkar in ODIs, and i have no doubt he will catch up in tests as well. he is much much better than ABD, Smith, etc. although i feel Amla is not too far behind.


    kohli is a match winner.


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    kohli is mile ahead of his peers and even his predecessors even tendulkar in ODIs, and i have no doubt he will catch up in tests as well. he is much much better than ABD, Smith, etc. although i feel Amla is not too far behind.


    kohli is a match winner.
    people here got upset when I said kohli is better than Viv. I am sure you would say Viv is miles ahead of kohli if it's between kohli and Viv.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is what you call as SPORTSMANSHIP. Rather than saying, "AMIR IS AN AVERAGE BOWLER". And, getting out thrice in 4 innings.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    497
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno what's the fuss about. Kohli has been the best ODI batsman in the world alongside ABD since 2012

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,082
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    people here got upset when I said kohli is better than Viv. I am sure you would say Viv is miles ahead of kohli if it's between kohli and Viv.
    its better to not compare players from eras so far apart but viv is a proven all round legend. if kohli's test stats mstch his odi stats by the time he retires, i dont see why he cant be considered better than Richards..


    its a personal opinion at the end of the day... to me nothing trumps the trait of winning your team matches single handedly... tests and odis. others may disagree and look at records here and there and this and that... my criterea is sort of simplistic.

    thats why to me warne is the greatest cricketer that ever lived.. followed by waz, gilly and imran.


    Kut khani hai to aa jao idher, khushbo laga ke!

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,011
    Mentioned
    831 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    Offcourse he will say Kohli, because he made Kohli look like a Clown ( twice in two balls) so indirectly he is praising himself.

    How can he say it's Steven Smith who has bashed Amir to all corners of the park in that Test Series.
    Comparing different formats lol


    Amir has also got Smith out on the very first ball that Smith faced in an ODI


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There can NEVER be an objective answer to who is the best batsman or best bowler. That's why various people ask various players on who is the best.

    Hence it's nothing all too crazy to suggest one player or another as the best as long as they both are quality and among the top.

    On the other hand suggesting Babar Azam or Ahmed Shehzad as the best batsman would obviously be ridiculous and biased.

    So let's cherish the small gestures of friendliness and love between players who come from two hostile nations.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,011
    Mentioned
    831 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kohli = 28 centuries

    Smith + Root + Williamson = 8 + 10 + 9 = 27 centuries



    Checkmate




    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    332
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys read through amir recent tweets the guy is giving sensible replies. A bit diplomatic too.

    Someone asks how he feels bowling to Rohit Sharma after he called him an ordinary bowler. He replied the same as bowling to any batsman.

    Someone asked "Waqar or Wasim" . He replied "both".

    I think this might be the influence of bhabhi who is supposed to be a lawyer.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you one can look from any angle you want. Kohli is the best batsmen in this era or may be best ever, makes difficult shots look ridiculously easy, that just amazing to watch.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    4,319
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    No it's Steven Smith. Pakistanis going over the top with Virat's praise after Amir won the last battle or because Virat is very friendly with Pakistanis, all those Eid Mubarak Videos worked I guess.
    Smith is a FTB, get some lateral movement in the pitch and then see what happens to him


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  41. #41
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    4,319
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaik View Post
    That is what you call as SPORTSMANSHIP. Rather than saying, "AMIR IS AN AVERAGE BOWLER". And, getting out thrice in 4 innings.
    Lmao, I even remember him struggling in the first game of the CT once he was on like 87 just because Mohammad Amir came back into the attack, I'm sure he only scored a handful of runs in like 15 balls.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Smith is a FTB, get some lateral movement in the pitch and then see what happens to him
    Steve smith is alot better when ball swings first go and check india vs england 2014 tour both odi & test and also steve smith proved himself in india against spinners.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    4,528
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli is nothing in test cricket compared to Smith. The gap is huge

  44. #44
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    17,496
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Kohli = 28 centuries

    Smith + Root + Williamson = 8 + 10 + 9 = 27 centuries



    Checkmate


    In ODI, Kohli is surely better than them, but in the test format Smith is surely better than others.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  45. #45
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    8,082
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    In ODI, Kohli is surely better than them, but in the test format Smith is surely better than others.
    Im gonna say Amla is better in tests.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    811
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by santos11 View Post
    When there is nothing else to differentiate, pull out the Match Winner card.

    So all the runs that Tendulkar scored didn't add to his teams tally ?
    Both are Indian. Both played major role in India's defeat and winning. So, capmaring both is very understandable unless you are sensitive tendulkar's fan.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    17,496
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    Im gonna say Amla is better in tests.
    I will take Smith if we are talking about recent years.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    340
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    Fair do's really, he played an extraordinary innings in that Asian cup t20, one of the best I've ever seen, Amir had the ball on a string but Kohli still took a couple of boundaries off him, pretty much turning the tide of the match.

    Don't know why you think its good. Kohli only had to face 10-12 deliveries of Amir and then it was free-meal. Even in those 10-12 balls Amir managed to LBW him (although refused by umpire) along without couple of edges which luckily went for runs. Even for the other balls Amir started to bowl defensive line hence becoming much playable for Kohli. Had he been bowling in the wicket he would have got him for the second or third time.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    2,030
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every one love's Kohli; because he play fari game against PAKISTAN... And He did good with kumble and Company. hahahha

  50. #50
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Comparing different formats lol


    Amir has also got Smith out on the very first ball that Smith faced in an ODI
    Lol, Poor Amir had no answer against Smith during the last test series between the two teams.

    The Crown Prince of fast bowling averaged around 60 with the ball against Steven Smith who had two tons and two half tons in 5 innings at an average of over 100. Now that's some whipping , domination and Phainty to all Pak bowlers including Amir.

    Yes but the best batsman is Kohli who he has never faced in a Test and not SS who has whipped him all over. OK.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,221
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This statement is going to ruffle some feathers !!!!!

  52. #52
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    8,252
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    Lol, Poor Amir had no answer against Smith during the last test series between the two teams.

    The Crown Prince of fast bowling averaged around 60 with the ball against Steven Smith who had two tons and two half tons in 5 innings at an average of over 100. Now that's some whipping , domination and Phainty to all Pak bowlers including Amir.

    Yes but the best batsman is Kohli who he has never faced in a Test and not SS who has whipped him all over. OK.
    Still recovering from June 18th?

    via GIPHY





    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scratching backs of each other. Neither is Kohli best batsman nor is Amir best bowler in the world. Having said that both are excellent.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    343
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    its better to not compare players from eras so far apart but viv is a proven all round legend. if kohli's test stats mstch his odi stats by the time he retires, i dont see why he cant be considered better than Richards..


    its a personal opinion at the end of the day... to me nothing trumps the trait of winning your team matches single handedly... tests and odis. others may disagree and look at records here and there and this and that... my criterea is sort of simplistic.

    thats why to me warne is the greatest cricketer that ever lived.. followed by waz, gilly and imran.
    Viv and sachin are both ATG and most of the analysts would pick Sachin ahead of Viv as they give more weightage to test where sachin was slightly superior than viv.

    As per you viv is all round legend and kohli has still long way to go. But kohli has already surpassed Sachin. Not sure how you came up with this. Kohli is still bacha compared to sachin when it comes to test. You talk about test being superior format than odi should prefer sachin than odi legend matchwinner kohli. Anyway keep enjoying odi s and tell others that test is the best.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    572
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli for me too. Smith a very close second. Everybody wants to see Kohli-Amir but I want to see Kohli-Asif. Not only is Asif more skillful but uses his brain more while bowling than Amir. Too bad we may never get to see Kohli-Asif.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    13,285
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Smith is the best batsmen in the world for me with Kohli just behind.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    13,397
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    Offcourse he will say Kohli, because he made Kohli look like a Clown ( twice in two balls) so indirectly he is praising himself.

    How can he say it's Steven Smith who has bashed Amir to all corners of the park in that Test Series.
    Amir said this today in a video:

    "Steve Smith is the toughest batsman to bowl to, he has an awkward technique and you can't tell what he will do next."



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Amir said this today in a video:

    "Steve Smith is the toughest batsman to bowl to, he has an awkward technique and you can't tell what he will do next."

    Agree with Amir's assessment.

    Kohli is nobody in comparison, just useless Bi-Laterals bully. He had the chance to play a historic knock on June 18, but he blew it away.

    Now he is back to what he does best, bashing Z grade attacks of Windies and Sri Lanka.
    Last edited by czar; 18th July 2017 at 21:51.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    50
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you combine formats Kohli is best. Kohli is far above anyone else in ODIs.

    Smith is better than Kohli in tests but don't be decieved by the difference in the averages. Smith plays his home games on even highway express wicket whereas with India of late Kohli is having to play on uneven rank turners. Indian pitches are by miles are the hardest to bat whereas Australia along with UAE are the easiest because the bounce is even and there's no lateral movement - also these pitches barely break up and show little or no signs of deterioration.

    The sheer difference in the home surfaces cannot be expressed in numbers, but Kohli has done really well to average 50 playing his home games on some poor substandard pitches.

    Coming from a Pakistan fan and not a Kohli fan-boy

  60. #60
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,866
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Smith is the undisputed best batsman in the world. Averages 60+ in tests and has already won a WC.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,866
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    In ODI, Kohli is surely better than them, but in the test format Smith is surely better than others.
    Smith has performed in a World Cup semi final and final. This is something missing from Kohli's resume.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    767
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not someone i can count on to play on tough pitches unlike Root, KW, Smith and QDK. He is right now 5th best batsman in the world, its not a bad feat. I am only talking about test cricket here. He is beast on Flat Pitches in India. He is quite overrated.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    976
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Smith is the undisputed best batsman in the world. Averages 60+ in tests and has already won a WC.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Smith has performed in a World Cup semi final and final. This is something missing from Kohli's resume.
    Really it shouldn't even be a debate. Steven Smith wasn't made to look like a Clown in England and he even has significant Match Winning knocks in World Cup Knock outs.

    How can Kohli be rated ahead of SS is a mystery to me?

    Even in the last India - Australia Series in India, SS scored 3 Tons at an average of 71 compared to Kohli's average of 9 - Yes an average of just 9 runs in his own country.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •