Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joining a cricket club/academy in Rawalpindi/Islamabad

So i wanted to join a cricket club/academy in Rawalpindi/Islamabad,Can someone please tell me the names of good clubs/academies in this region and do i need to pay any fees to attend those club/academy or are they free? if i need to pay,how much?
    Waiting for responses.Thank you.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Fees range from 600-1000. There is a registration fee that the coach himself eats up. My former clubs registration fee was 2000. Monthly fee is seperate and registration is one time payment

In Pindi there is Mohammad Waseem's academy on 6th road. Very good academy and all. The best is Bajwa cricket cub. Sir Bajwa is very strict and abuses alot(ma bhen ke galia) but everyone in Pindi knows that from Bajwa a proper cricketer is unleashed.
    I went to Gul Cricket Club, its famous around in Pindi, but the coach teaches you nothing, you have to do everything by yourself.

If you are from Pindi then go to Bajwa cricket club. You seee ayub park cricket ground nets, one of those nets are of Bajwa so go there after 2 or 3

But if you are not from Pindi, then plz avoid it completely. Pindi has terrible grounds. Matches are played on dirt grounds, grounds with no grass.

Islamabad has very good grounds, there matches are played on grassy grounds. In Islamabad its not that dificult to find a club. Join the club that is near your house and is registered with Islamabad cricket region. I think you should go to Diamond Cricket ground and ask the people there. THey might guide you

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Fees range from 600-1000. There is a registration fee that the coach himself eats up. My former clubs registration fee was 2000. Monthly fee is seperate and registration is one time payment

In Pindi there is Mohammad Waseem's academy on 6th road. Very good academy and all. The best is Bajwa cricket cub. Sir Bajwa is very strict and abuses alot(ma bhen ke galia) but everyone in Pindi knows that from Bajwa a proper cricketer is unleashed.
    I went to Gul Cricket Club, its famous around in Pindi, but the coach teaches you nothing, you have to do everything by yourself.

If you are from Pindi then go to Bajwa cricket club. You seee ayub park cricket ground nets, one of those nets are of Bajwa so go there after 2 or 3

But if you are not from Pindi, then plz avoid it completely. Pindi has terrible grounds. Matches are played on dirt grounds, grounds with no grass.

Islamabad has very good grounds, there matches are played on grassy grounds. In Islamabad its not that dificult to find a club. Join the club that is near your house and is registered with Islamabad cricket region. I think you should go to Diamond Cricket ground and ask the people there. THey might guide you
    How much does Bajwa cost? @Major

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed69 View Post
    How much does Bajwa cost? @Major
    i dont know. but i dont think you will have to pay above 1000 rupees for monthly fee

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    i dont know. but i dont think you will have to pay above 1000 rupees for monthly fee
    Thanks for the replies.
    The problem is admission fee i guess,Do you think they would waive off the admission fee?It is kind of difficult to ask parents 2-3k admission fee for cricket club when they think playing cricket is a "waste" of time and don't support your cricket. @Major

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies.
    The problem is admission fee i guess,Do you think they would waive off the admission fee?It is kind of difficult to ask parents 2-3k admission fee for cricket club when they think playing cricket is a "waste" of time and don't support your cricket. @Major
    just pretend that your poor and stuff, they will waive it off

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always played for Diamond. Still do. I don't have as many club level matches though but Diamond is still the best club in Isb. Admission fee totals to around 10k.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    I have always played for Diamond. Still do. I don't have as many club level matches though but Diamond is still the best club in Isb. Admission fee totals to around 10k.
    And Monthly? @ExpressPacer

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am already 19 years old,Can i make a career out of cricket starting at this age? @ExpressPacer @Major

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am already 19 years old,Can i make a career out of cricket starting at this age? @ExpressPacer @Major
    Depends on how much hard work you're willing to put in and how naturally talented you are. To break it to you, it's not going to be as easy as it is for everyone else but if you're willing to put in the hard yards, shouldn't be too much of a problem considering most "15" year olds in Pakistan cricket are actually 19 or older themselves.

Play and practice every day. Make use of the fact that you are educated in the land of illiterate sportsmen and focus on making your body an example of supreme fitness. Hit the gym, start swimming and put in the extra effort others aren't.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Depends on how much hard work you're willing to put in and how naturally talented you are. To break it to you, it's not going to be as easy as it is for everyone else but if you're willing to put in the hard yards, shouldn't be too much of a problem considering most "15" year olds in Pakistan cricket are actually 19 or older themselves.

Play and practice every day. Make use of the fact that you are educated in the land of illiterate sportsmen and focus on making your body an example of supreme fitness. Hit the gym, start swimming and put in the extra effort others aren't.
    Can you please tell me the monthly charges of Diamond? @ExpressPacer

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you please tell me the monthly charges of Diamond? @ExpressPacer
    Not a lot. 2500 I guess. I haven't given them the monthly allowance in a long time. They started paying my later because I rearranged their teams.