Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    What I found most shocking out the whole fiasco is that there has been no comments from Kell Brook I suppose GGG and Spence beat the stuffing out of him, hope he retires soon because when you enter the ring with a "Am going to Quit" mindset bad things happen

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    What I found most shocking out the whole fiasco is that there has been no comments from Kell Brook I suppose GGG and Spence beat the stuffing out of him, hope he retires soon because when you enter the ring with a "Am going to Quit" mindset bad things happen
    Wouldn't reflect well on him enjoying another personal misfortune. Boxing, fine.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1903 View Post
    Wouldn't reflect well on him enjoying another personal misfortune. Boxing, fine.
    He's known to make low grade comments, I recall the moment Khan was unconscious and not moving in the Alvarez fight he tweeted some inappropriate stuff which was also uncalled for in the moment and often makes jokes with regards to Khan's personal stuff. He's having a low at the moment must have humbled him lol

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he had the same coach for the Garcia and Maidana fights but does that mean the preparation was the same or that his entire team was present?

This article here states that Alex Ariza left Khan before the Garcia fight:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...cia-fight.html

Now you may see that as no big deal, but read this article to understand the importance of Alex Ariza during Amir Khan's purple patch:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...ng-regime.html

Furthermore this is a video of Amir sparring before the Garcia fight:

Now you tell me, which trainer would allow his charge to indulge in such brainless sparring? where was Freddie? what was Khan paying for exactly? aggression is FR's forte when it comes to style and he encourages it but no emphasis on defence at all? Khan has made small tweaks under Virgil Hunter and he's no where near as reckless when he's training. That video is your proof with regards to FR not being there enough or supervising that session because if he were there no way he would allow it to go ahead.

Further read this article which highlights the turmoil and shenanigans in the Khan camp prior to the Garcia fight:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...lex-Ariza.html

There's enough evidence here which proves that the camp for Garcia fight was anything but perfect and the instrumental influence of Alex Ariza as well can't be belittled because he helped Amir overcome Marcos Maidana. I followed the fight very closely and recall the build so I remember all of this and have no issue pointing it out and have provided sources now as well, am not making this up; Khan has his flaws but what also contributed to his defeats were poor training camp. Rubio was with Khan for an extremely short while and made zero impact, he was fired for recommending Prescott as a potential opponent; the move to leave Oliver Harrison was fine because he needed a better training to take him to the world class level but appointing Rubio was a mistake, I also have mixed feelings about him under Roach because he had the best period under him and I don't define FR or Amir's training camp by that one defeat because by 2011 Khan was ranked in the top 10 P4P rankings of the prestigious ring magazine which was a monumental feat ; however the relationship became toxic and both parties had to part ways, when his team is not 100% behind he's not going to prepare as well as he can for his fights now is he.

Under Virgil he has made some noticeable improvements, no longer fights on courage/heart; when in trouble doesn't trade and goes for the clinch, doesn't stay in the pocket for too long and maintains his range; yes there was a defensive lapse vs Canelo but look at his previous fights under Virgil to and as we said before being handicapped by the 20-30lb advantage for Alvarez didn't help Amir.

I wouldn't call Khan cocky, he's supremely confident; it rubs people the wrong way when he calls out big names etc but he's an Olympian who is relentlessly competitive by nature and that same spirit in addition to the never say die attitude has let to a Olympic Silver Medal and a unified world championship whilst making loads of money in the process as well. His Boxing IQ is not the best though yeah, he should have enlisted Steward and Tibs at the start of his career but it's not something he has given a lot of focus; you know a fighter doesn't just get to a certain position based on raw talent or ability, they need a strong team behind them and prepare exceptionally well; they also need to make smart moves when their career is being managed in order to ensure their overall development.
    A fitness instructor and a few days away from sparring caused him to lose? That sparring was brutal btw, haha. Watched the whole video, and FR was there a few days later. About the hooks we was getting caught with in sparring, what did FR say? "Fall right into it, get deep under that shot, double it up and get out". Now go check the fight, it's actually all demonstrated in the video you put up. Trainers can't do much if he doesn't listen. Did you hear him say to one of his trainers "It's boring", to which the reply was "I don't give a £££$ if it's boring".

Conditioning was good during the Garcia fight, he had Danny missing because of his bobbing and weaving, stick and move tactics. Khan just had one of his moments, where he should just clinch or stick and move; he does neither. Sometimes he get's away with it, other times he goes down. Happened with Garcia, happened with Prescott and happened with Maidana in which he was lucky to finish the fight. Point is the man has a suspect chin and gross lapses in concentration. It's why his fights are so exciting, he can go down any time

There is a part of me that wants to agree with you, need to check Manny's fights with the same trainer to conclude this matter. If Manny wasn't affected, then you'll have to admit it's just Amir. Full marks for effort, informative post.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadabFakhar View Post
    A fitness instructor and a few days away from sparring caused him to lose? That sparring was brutal btw, haha. Watched the whole video, and FR was there a few days later. About the hooks we was getting caught with in sparring, what did FR say? "Fall right into it, get deep under that shot, double it up and get out". Now go check the fight, it's actually all demonstrated in the video you put up. Trainers can't do much if he doesn't listen. Did you hear him say to one of his trainers "It's boring", to which the reply was "I don't give a £££$ if it's boring".

Conditioning was good during the Garcia fight, he had Danny missing because of his bobbing and weaving, stick and move tactics. Khan just had one of his moments, where he should just clinch or stick and move; he does neither. Sometimes he get's away with it, other times he goes down. Happened with Garcia, happened with Prescott and happened with Maidana in which he was lucky to finish the fight. Point is the man has a suspect chin and gross lapses in concentration. It's why his fights are so exciting, he can go down any time

There is a part of me that wants to agree with you, need to check Manny's fights with the same trainer to conclude this matter. If Manny wasn't affected, then you'll have to admit it's just Amir. Full marks for effort, informative post.
    He was his strength and conditioning coach, did you not read the article by Gareth Davies of the Telegraph which explains the preparation for the Marcos Maidana fight ? or the one where he points out the turmoil in the Khan camp, in addition what does reckless sparring say with regards to the time being invested in Amir by FR and how he was being prepared? All these factors contributed to a poor training camp, you keep saying he didn't listen he didn't that; but did he not listen during the Maidana fight ? what changed for the Garcia fight was that he did not get the best support from his team and Alex Ariza was not there either in addition to the in-fighting didn't contribute so well to the team morale either; all these factors were not present during the Maidana fight because Amir was prepared a lot better by his team.

Conditioning was no where near as close to the Maidana fight, his legs were significantly weaker and without Alex Ariza's services who pushed him to the limit and had him work drills which actually benefited his endurance levels and had him eating right; the two practically lived together when in camp. Just because he was looking good against an opponent that was made for him does not make these factors false, Khan could barely stand and Maidana punches harder then Danny; I don't put it down to just luck when he survives or doesn't, it's like expecting something to happen without doing anything; poor preparation lead to defeats and good preparation lead to victory; it's as simple as that and that's not to say that I don't agree with you when it comes to the lapses in concentration that's one of his biggest flaws but has also contributed to his pay check because people like that he's never in a dull fight.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @shadabFakhtar FR's relation with Manny is far diffrent, the two are thick as thieves and are like father/son ; Manny is FR's star pupil and he dedicates 100% to him and their relationship was built over a number of years together. FR had Manny the moment he came to the US and the two have developed that working relationship over a long time and have a genuine bond / trust. Manny also happens to be an all time great as well unlike Amir, the dynamic was completely different but Khan still benefited from being guided by an elite trainer and am not taking anything away from FR at all and everyone has bad nights; in that instance there were a lot of factors which contributed to the Garcia defeat and both Khan plus his team are to blame but that's not to take away everything they achieved before that loss. The only minor criticism I have with regards to FR's style is that he is an aggressive minded coach and at times this can hinder efforts with regards to a fighters defence, Manny was also knocked out by JMM in 2012 the same year Amir lost to Garcia; it was a little bad spell from Roach's end.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was his strength and conditioning coach, did you not read the article by Gareth Davies of the Telegraph which explains the preparation for the Marcos Maidana fight ? or the one where he points out the turmoil in the Khan camp, in addition what does reckless sparring say with regards to the time being invested in Amir by FR and how he was being prepared? All these factors contributed to a poor training camp, you keep saying he didn't listen he didn't that; but did he not listen during the Maidana fight ? what changed for the Garcia fight was that he did not get the best support from his team and Alex Ariza was not there either in addition to the in-fighting didn't contribute so well to the team morale either; all these factors were not present during the Maidana fight because Amir was prepared a lot better by his team.

Conditioning was no where near as close to the Maidana fight, his legs were significantly weaker and without Alex Ariza's services who pushed him to the limit and had him work drills which actually benefited his endurance levels and had him eating right; the two practically lived together when in camp. Just because he was looking good against an opponent that was made for him does not make these factors false, Khan could barely stand and Maidana punches harder then Danny; I don't put it down to just luck when he survives or doesn't, it's like expecting something to happen without doing anything; poor preparation lead to defeats and good preparation lead to victory; it's as simple as that and that's not to say that I don't agree with you when it comes to the lapses in concentration that's one of his biggest flaws but has also contributed to his pay check because people like that he's never in a dull fight.
    Yeah, I did read all of it. It's a minor point and it does feel like clutching at straws to explain Khan's loss, when the only thing consistent from all three knockouts is carelessness from Khan. Three trainers and three moments where he was asking for it, there are quite a few more that he got away with, but again because he ended up winning we don't mention it.

Ariza wasn't there against Molina, Collazo and Alexander either. Conditioning is one aspect of boxing however important it is. As I said Ariza has lost fights with Pacquiao too. There's a case for changing a conditioning coach so close to a fight, however no fighter ever mentions it because it'd sound like sour grapes. Fighters go in with injuries and lose, they never mention except in some biography along the way. He lost because he didn't box the way he could. Last 30 seconds, you're winning a round, stick and move, clinch if he get's close. He just doesn't have any presence of mind to think out of the box and needs to be told everything.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I did read all of it. It's a minor point and it does feel like clutching at straws to explain Khan's loss, when the only thing consistent from all three knockouts is carelessness from Khan. Three trainers and three moments where he was asking for it, there are quite a few more that he got away with, but again because he ended up winning we don't mention it.

Ariza wasn't there against Molina, Collazo and Alexander either. Conditioning is one aspect of boxing however important it is. As I said Ariza has lost fights with Pacquiao too. There's a case for changing a conditioning coach so close to a fight, however no fighter ever mentions it because it'd sound like sour grapes. Fighters go in with injuries and lose, they never mention except in some biography along the way. He lost because he didn't box the way he could. Last 30 seconds, you're winning a round, stick and move, clinch if he get's close. He just doesn't have any presence of mind to think out of the box and needs to be told everything.
    I wouldn't say so that would be highly ignorant because this is not being offered as the sole reason for his demise but a factor along side Amir's own fragilities, it's not a minor point when you have an awful training camp where there is in-fighting among your team, your coach/training is not present enough and your lead strength/conditioning coach leaves who was instrumental in the maidana victory. Carelessness may be common in those defeats but so was the poor training camps.

Ariza wasn't there but Vigil was to guide Amir Khan' career, unlike Roach during the final phase of his stint with Amir he dedicated 100% of his time to training Amir when his fight dates had been booked. When you have a troublesome camp and do not recieve as much support from your team it will inevitably lead to defeat when your preparation is not on point, Amir is the same fighter who was incredibly disciplined in wins over Maidana and Kotelnik; his performances for most part were brilliant but in those instances he had prepared well enough and he did not encounter as many obstacles along the way; Khan has fought superior opposition to the likes of Garcia but when your head is not clear and has been exposed to various interference in addition to bad preparation them am afraid you're going to fail in the ring.
    Last edited by shaz619; 5th August 2017 at 17:41.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say so that would be highly ignorant because this is not being offered as the sole reason for his demise but a factor along side Amir's own fragilities, it's not a minor point when you have an awful training camp where there is in-fighting among your team, your coach/training is not present enough and your lead strength/conditioning coach leaves who was instrumental in the maidana victory. Carelessness may be common in those defeats but so was the poor training camps.

Ariza wasn't there but Vigil was to guide Amir Khan' career, unlike Roach during the final phase of his stint with Amir he dedicated 100% of his time to training Amir when his fight dates had been booked. When you have a troublesome camp and do not recieve as much support from your team it will inevitably lead to defeat when your preparation is not on point, Amir is the same fighter who was incredibly disciplined in wins over Maidana and Kotelnik; his performances for most part were brilliant but in those instances he had prepared well enough and he did not encounter as many obstacles along the way; Khan has fought superior opposition to the likes of Garcia but when your head is not clear and has been exposed to various interference in addition to bad preparation them am afraid you're going to fail in the ring.
    I completely get where you're coming from. I honestly do. All I'm saying is if you try this hard you can make a case for any fighter's loss, camp, family, dispute, diet, etc. I'm pretty sure fighters have overcome worse odds and ended up winning. Amir Khan isn't unique to these situations. I'd say right now he's not going to get anywhere until he clears his head of this relationship with his wife and family. How will this impact the rest of his boxing career?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I completely get where you're coming from. I honestly do. All I'm saying is if you try this hard you can make a case for any fighter's loss, camp, family, dispute, diet, etc. I'm pretty sure fighters have overcome worse odds and ended up winning. Amir Khan isn't unique to these situations. I'd say right now he's not going to get anywhere until he clears his head of this relationship with his wife and family. How will this impact the rest of his boxing career?
    That's a fair point but am sure you would have expected Khan to outbox Garcia and I really agree with but there ought to be reasons for defeat especially when the bookies had Amir as overwhelming favourite and they are not limited to Khans flaws alone I say that having closely followed the build and his camp was far from perfect. And am not denying his mistakes I totally agree that the tactics were brainless, he should have held the centre and may have even out boxed Danny with one arm tied behind his back at range but he remained in the pocket too long and applied too much pressure as if he were a brawler. What did you make of the stoppage itself? Hard to say if he will rebound from all this trouble but if anyone can its Amir, he has come back from devastating KO's in the past so shows he has a big heart and is strong mentally; wil be a big ask becoming world champion but it will be the ultimate redemption, Linares has come back from similar set backs.
    Last edited by shaz619; 5th August 2017 at 18:34.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've no idea about the problems Khan had in his camp before the Garcia, but iirc he looked incredible for the first 2 rounds, the best I've ever seen him, in fact Garcia himself said it was like being in there with 2 fighters and being hit by an invisible man. Garcia then went to the body and Khan decided to trade and stand on his shots rather than move and got caught with a Hail Mary shot, and then rather than run and hold, he went all Arturo Gatti and got hammered.

Don't agree that his defence has improved that much under Hunter. You really shouldn't be getting caught with windmill looping right like he did against Canelo

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asim_khan View Post
    I've no idea about the problems Khan had in his camp before the Garcia, but iirc he looked incredible for the first 2 rounds, the best I've ever seen him, in fact Garcia himself said it was like being in there with 2 fighters and being hit by an invisible man. Garcia then went to the body and Khan decided to trade and stand on his shots rather than move and got caught with a Hail Mary shot, and then rather than run and hold, he went all Arturo Gatti and got hammered.

Don't agree that his defence has improved that much under Hunter. You really shouldn't be getting caught with windmill looping right like he did against Canelo
    Yeah there haven't been any drastic changes under Virgil but small tweaks have been made and the two have an understanding between them the relationship dynamic works well. Small tweaks being not going all Gatti as you mention, the awareness is better; diaz dropped him but instead of trading he looked to survive, held on, clinched etc and in remaining fights the guard is tigher and hands dont drop so low but big lapses in concentration is a weakness and credit to canelo as well because he set him up beautifully with body shots ans bought those hands lower and lower each time, he didn't see that over hand right
    Last edited by shaz619; 5th August 2017 at 18:52.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a fair point but am sure you would have expected Khan to outbox Garcia and I really agree with but there ought to be reasons for defeat especially when the bookies had Amir as overwhelming favourite and they are not limited to Khans flaws alone I say that having closely followed the build and his camp was far from perfect. And am not denying his mistakes I totally agree that the tactics were brainless, he should have held the centre and may have even out boxed Danny with one arm tied behind his back at range but he remained in the pocket too long and applied too much pressure as if he were a brawler. What did you make of the stoppage itself? Hard to say if he will rebound from all this trouble but if anyone can its Amir, he has come back from devastating KO's in the past so shows he has a big heart and is strong mentally; wil be a big ask becoming world champion but it will be the ultimate redemption, Linares has come back from similar set backs.
    Bayless is a top ref and I think it was right to be stopped, Khan was dazed. In fact, at the end of the third when Khan was buckling Bayless prevented AK from going down.

Khan had the potential to be an amazing fighter but he's not great at sizing up his opponents in the ring, his combos seem to have been premeditated in the Garcia fight. With his speed, he should have parried more, single jabs from crazy angles, bob and weave. Should have been more like Prince Nas than Manny Pacquiao. Score points instead of knockout blows.

Could have gone the Mayweather route, but that Prescott defeat must have played on his mind. If he wants to brawl now and again, stay on the inside, smother and clinch. Problem is he needs to be told all this and he sticks to a plan handed to him each round and he's not disciplined enough to see it through because of his urge to brawl.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wanted him to win that fight to wipe the smirk of Garcia Snr. That guy annoyed me no end.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www787 View Post
    Role model? What role was he playing to be qualified as a role model?
    One of the most famous south asian boxers of all time? That is hard work and persistance man, thing you don't typically associate with south asian men.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjahmed23 View Post
    One of the most famous south asian boxers of all time? That is hard work and persistance man, thing you don't typically associate with south asian men.
    Speak for yourself bud, a lot of us are hard worker and persistent.

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    hardworking*

"Be the best version of yourself"

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakistanian View Post
    It's just disappointing to see so many generalizations especially in this thread.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC I think I owe you an apology my friend, I defended Amir's relationship with Faryal in the past during the family feud but you were right all along. This relationship it seems has been extremely toxic and evidently has affected his boxing career as well.

Also, you should avoid debating about the sport of boxing with absolute clueless noobs; barring you and a few others, the majority clearly do not know sh!t about boxing in the words of Roger Mayweather so they should stick to the showbiz dirt because that's what they are limited to and revelling in the misery of others, especially certain Indian posters who are not worthy to carry Amir's kit bag and will never amount to success on his level besides defending their undisputed title when it comes to being senile, envious and extremely bitter / jealous due to their lack of masculinity.

Furthermore extremely disappointed in the recent turn of events but at the same time good riddance! good bye Faryal, there are about 30 women on the corners of Bolton just like you so it's not really a loss for Amir but it's incredibly sad that the two of you have a child together who has been caught up in all this mess. Amir Khan certainly has his faults, there's no denying the darkness he indulged in during his past but he got through it so unfair to define him by all the bad. Looks like Faryal may have been acquainted with Anthony Joshua, it's not productive for the marriage and it's sad she made that choice but then again Amir has his own dirt to so in that regard both are as bad as each other and it's only fitting that they have decided to separate when clearly there is no love between them it seems.

I do criticise Amir a little for airing the dirty laundry in public but he's obviously not thinking straight and something definetly happened with regards to Faryal / Joshua not necessarily saying she cheated on him but something did happen or else Amir would not be bringing it up. Amir looked quiet sad and devastated in that video, I hope this doesn't affect him too much mentally but if there's anyone to get through this rough patch it is him; Khan is by far one of the mentally strongest people I've ever seen in the sport of Boxing. Anyhow @KingKhanWC I suppose you were right about fighters keeping the relationships during ones boxing career and maybe even delaying marriage until you are done as a fighter, you simply can not afford any distractions when you put it all on the line stepping in that squared circle because you risk it all and push your prowess mentally and physically; the average person will never quiet understand what fighters go through but are quick to resort to cheap shots due to their own lack of progress, many of the English fans can be excused in a way for their dislike for Amir due to the usual reasons but when his own community disowns a role model yes he is a role model then it's quiet pathetic really because Amir wasn't handed everything on a plate, he's a working class hero who got to the position he's in through immense sacrifice, hard work and a never say die attitude.

With regards to Amir's career he is without a doubt an all time great british fighter and easily ranks in the top 10 of Great Britain's history. Amir Khan began to box from the age of 8 years old and competitively by 11, he was someone who was a little troublesome and his father took him to the gym to burn off all his hyper energy, Khan would fall in love with boxing and he kept at it despite all his external pressures with regards to study and family; recognising his new found passion, Shah and Amir's uncle Taj would take Amir all around the country for amateur fights, they would drive him all around the country and supported him thankfully. During this period Amir would win multiple national championships and he'd then claim the gold medal at the Junior Olympics in 2003.

Then as the SOLE representative of the British Boxing Olympic team Amir as a 17 year old would capture the imagination of the public by putting on a sparkling performance at the 2004 Athens games en-route to winning an Olympic Silver medal losing to the legendary Cuban Mario Kindalen; Amir at the games was Britains youngest boxer since 1976 and one of their youngest medalists in history. Khan would end his amateur career with a stunning 101 wins and just 9 loses.

Many people forget this but prior to Amir Khan's triumph there had been a very tiny number of fighters who managed to win Olympic medals, this was due to the sports board not funding Boxing and having little faith in the grass root talent; Amir Khan's triumph which captured the public's imagination would result in increased funding for Boxing and in the following games a record number of British Boxers qualified for the 2008 games (8) with many citing Khan as their inspiration. Put it this way, since 1948 team GB boxing won a total of 20 medals! after Amir Khan's triumph in 2004 they won 11 ! so lets not excuse this monumental feat because Amir inspired a generation and truly elevated the sport of Boxing in Britain during a very very dry period, were it not for his Triumph perhaps Team GB Boxing would not have received sufficient investment to progress their Olympic ambition.

Moving on, the spotlight was on Amir from day one which is very unique for a pro boxer let alone a 17 year old. There wasn't even as much attention and pressure on Lennox Lewis when he made his pro debut ! As the wold eagerly awaited Amir Khan's pro debut, he decided to wait out a year so he could avenge his Olympic defeat to Mario Kindelan; it speaks volumes of his character, Khan would set up a high profile fight (quite rare for an amateur bout) in his hometown of Bolton which did great numbers on TV and at the live gate, he would then beat Mario and turn pro.

ITV would be waiting for him with a lucrative contract and Amir under the guidance of Oliver Harison and Frank Warren accumulated quite the reputation on the domestic circuit, he was rarely involved in a dull fight and whether you loved or hated him Khan entertained, his overconfidence with regards to his ambitions and goals would often rub people the wrong way but that was just Khan's character, Olympians are a unique breed when it comes to their relentlessness. The mistake on Khan's part during this phase was that he did not have a professional team around him to truly guide his career and as a young man you can understand the naivety, Khan a boxer whom Barry Mcguin once claimed to have as much ability / talent as Sugar Ray Leonard would be a victim of short term thrills at the expense of long term gains, it would have been wiser for Khan to have enlisted the services of Emanuel Steward and Jimmy Tibs to develop his in-ring IQ and make smarter choices on the way up with regards to his career; while Amir has done exceptionally well, we'd not be advocating his greatness as a Great British Fighter but an all time great fighter.

Anyhow Khan would win again and again before getting rid of Harrison and signing with a Cuban coach named Rubio on short notice who also recommended Khan should take on undefeated Prescott who was a young prospect at the time just like Khan. Now the casual observer just look at the defeat because that's what they are limited to but never analyse the external factors, for one Khan had the worst training camp up until that point leading up the Prescott fight, he was in no shape or form and had not trained adequately given the shenanigans amongst his team.

Prescott would then blow Amir Khan away in 60 seconds and amidst the immense pressure of the spot light which we often overlook Amir Khan was labelled a Fraud, Chinny! he is done! career is over! and for many that may have been the case, please see the career of Audley Harrison. Khan suffered a devastating KO but people forget how he still got up after taking that shot, he did not quit and he certainly did not quit in defeat, Imran Khan once said that it's not defeat which is your end but it's being demoralised by defeat, Khan a year later would defeat the exceptional and incredibly underrated Andreas Kotelnik to become World Champion ! the second youngest in Britains history!

Thus would begin the greatest spell in Amir Khan's career, during this time he'd switch to the Wild Card and Freddie Roach would guide him during this golden period, for all the hate Amir got in the UK he wasn't even there during his prime! it was actually great to move away from that toxic environment to a country which is a lot more knowledgeable and appreciative when it comes to Boxing. Khan would then defeat everyone at 140 literally from the likes of Paulie Malignaggi to Zab Juda to the dangerous Marcos Maidana who had life and death with the legendary Floyd Mayweather and Amir Khan almost knocked him out in 1 round were it not for his opponent being saved by the bell.

As a world champion khan did not hold his world title hostage or hide at home, he gave his title immense respect and avoided nobody; many expected him to duck Maidana given that he was 10x more ferocious and talented then Prescott was and they also labelled him a chinny fighter who'd most definitely get savagely Knocked Out. It's also worth pointing out that Marcos was Amir's mandatory and he earned that title with a devastating KO over Victor Ortiz which Khan watched while he was ring side ! am pretty sure he didn't find that too pleasing on the eye yet his fighting spirit and big heart proved to be pivotal in a monumental points victory over Maidana in a fight for the ages.

Khan would then lose to a roided up Lamont Peterson controversially on points before challenging Danny Garcia for the lineal 140 Welterweight world unification championship in what should have been a career defining victory over an opponent tailor made for his style, Khan at this point was also in the official top 10 P4P ranking in the world. In the lead up to this fight an old boogeyman would once again show up ! turmoil in the camp ! it's never simple is it when it comes to Pakistani's ! there were rifts with Asif Vali and the fitness coach Alex Ariza, Freddie Roach was in his own world and not dedicating enough time to Amir and there are actually videos online of Amir getting involved in brainless sparring wars like days before a high profile fight, amidst the camp shenanigans Danny Garcia's father would also manage to get under Amir's skin with racist remarks and then on fight night Amir would come out like a bull in a china shop with no real game plan or support from his team trying to KO Garcia, he had the worst camp of his career and ultimately paid the price in a KO defeat but Amir would once again get up each time and while I won't argue with the stoppage it was premature in my eyes.

See the common factor in his defeats? god awful training camp and a shambles of a team, the only fighter to beat him clean was Canelo because Amir did have some issues behind the scenes as we all know but he trained exceptionally well but in the end lost to a man who had rehydrated and was around 30lb heavier then him on fight night and even then Khan made him look out of his depth with his superior boxing ability ! Khan out of desperation and insane courage decided to move up two weights to get a big super fight when the likes of Manny and Floyd kept on ducking him. Manny admittedly was overly protective by Bob Arum and he has the Pac-Man in a slave contract unfortunately having learned from Floyd one upping Top Rank years ago.

And Floyd when it made all the sense in the world decided not to face Amir after watching him make a highly rated former World Champion in Devon Alexander look like a rank amateur ! Amir Khan is a stylistic nightmare for Floyd as he tends to struggle with fighters who are quick (See Castillo and Oscar De La Hoya fights) which is why he refused to face him on two occasions when it made sense and more recently when he decided to take on Andre Berto when it made zero financial sense, Amir was the bigger draw but Floyd happily protected his 0 and did a mediocre 500K PPV buy rate.

In the aftermath of the Garcia defeat, Khan obviously has had many problems which we've been aware of with regards to his team and personal life; he also made some bad career moves thanks to poor advice and did not know where his money was going after all these years having not paid a single bill trusting various people and while it's regrettable he wasted some of his best years chasing cowards like Floyd he remains undefeated at 147 pounds.

So perhaps this separation may be a blessing in disguise for Amir Khan, the goal for him now will be to sort this divorce out ASAP and pay Faryal off and just 100% focus on Boxing; surely it's easier said then done but if anyone is the man it's Amir Khan given his incredible resilience and mental strength; not denying he is past his peak and is battle scarred being in the game since the age of 17 and while it will be challenging; winning another world title will be his ultimate redemption.

But no one can dispute his accomplishments, many don't really have a clue so unless you know what you're talking about you shouldn't talk absolute nonsense with regards to his career but feel free to revel in his personal misery to feel better. Khan yes has underperformed and should have done so much better but under immense scrunity from day one as a young man and you look at all the turmoil and devastating KO defeats he has done quiet well for himself, they call him chinny but he took the best from Maidana and got up each time he was put down besides the Canelo fight who was 2 weights above him; his biggest weakness for me has been a poor in-ring IQ and knack for big lapses in concentration when it comes to his defence, he tends to stay in the pocket longer then he should but still has done really well as a multi weight champion on pure heart, hard work, resilience and his raw talent.

These days you have fighters like Joshua who are glorified after beating Tomato Cans like Charles Martin for a dummy world title before beating a 41 year old grandad who was inactive for almost 2 years yet Khan has always fought the best, Britain has around 12 world champion and they have fought a combined total of 18 world champions; Amir Khan, meanwhile, has fought 12 world champions in a great career.

Like I said not denying that I dislike what he did in the past with regards to his personal life but there's a lot of good to, he helps our community so much in Britain and not just Pakistani origin folk but all British citizens and whenever there's a crisis at home he is there or even abroad he's always on a plane to go and help, am not saying it's a bad thing but I hate it from the perspective of a fight fan because Amir has been behaving like a retired fighter and he has had a lot going on as well I suppose but Boxing is his bread and butter; being someone who is still keen on being active he should abandon all external duties and just focus on fighting. But his philanthropy has been exceptional and I know KingKhanWC you have mixed feelings with regards to him speaking out against various individuals when it comes to our faith but he never means no harm and has always tried his best to bury all the bad publicity.

Khan had always supported Faryal and even distanced himself from his family at one point, he remained neutral during the initial spat and now has had enough after whatever it is which inspired his tweets and the inevitable separation and I have said already the past stuff he did was wrong but to label him a really bad person or one who is a failure etc is uncalled for and people need to seriously take a loot at themselves in the mirror because Amir whether you like it or not for many in fact is and will remain a role model whom is flawed but not defined by the bad in his life because there's so much good the man has done for the sport of boxing, his country, his people and those in need.

So say what you like because as much as it will hate a lot of people, Amir Khan will do what Amir Khan does best; he will not quit on his stool whatever it is he pursues in life unlike all the mini Kell Brooks out there.

And I agree with you KingKhanWC there are many options out there for him; especially being managed by Al Haymon helps who manages the best at 147, Lamont Peteson could be likely some time next year. Will Khan be successful ? hard to say and sure it will be a challenge but it's not far off to the point where I will say he is done for sure, at the same age Linares has done quiet well for himself and has suffered similar obstacles so it's all about Amir just focusing on his career from now on.
    POTW Great read @shaz619

Exactly Amir just needs to focus on boxing now, he only has a few years left in the game but still has the ability to become world champion again. With regards his speaking out in support of Islam, he initially did this back in 2005 after the bomb attacks in London when he was just a teenager. I remember the Sun although it's trash had a big story on him after that tragic incident. I just feel there should be other people who should do this but I suppose he well known and people want to hear his views , so fair enough.

I really dont know why is disliked by many Pakistani's esp from Pakistan. The country has no sports stars apart from cricketers so they should be proud he has worn the Pakistan flag on his shorts in a major fight. They should also recognise the great charity work he has done in Pakistan, a country which riddled with corruption and poverty. I believe he has brought a lot of respect to Pakistan in terms of boxing. Sure he likes the limelight but he's been on camera since he was 17, so it's just natural for him now. And as you know in boxing it's important to build, raise and then sustain your profile. The more people interested in you, the more will want to see you fight and the more money you make. I guess some people are just bitter.

This split with his ex wife was on the cards for a while, Amir has been very close to his family from the start. I remember when his mother used to come and watch fights, just like any mother the stress on her face watching her son get hit was evident. His father made sure he was given everything he needed to succeed in his career and has supported him to this day. Maybe he had feelings for this woman but I cant understand why though? She did look pretty and seemed a decent girl, maybe she was until the fame and fortune got to her head. I see now she has been begging him to make up but I hope Amir thinks carefully about his future now.

I really never understood why sportsmen get married esp with they are at their peak and esp if their sport is boxing. As you know your mind has be clear and completely focused not only to perform at the highest level but because you are putting your life on the line every time you step in the ring. It's normally a short career, 35 max so if you have the talent , concentrate on your sport. But I guess the other side to this is sportsmen are stil men/people they have needs and desires too. If you're a Pakistani Muslim it wont be easy to just get with different women esp since its' against the teachings of your faith so marriage is the only option. If it was me, I would still not marry.

In a funny way I think this will give him a lot of motivation, hopefully his hand is better and he can get a good tune up fight by the end of this year before going for the belt next year sometime. The recent videos of him he's released, shows he is in good condition and his skills are still spellbinding because that what there. Let there be no doubt Amir is one of the most skilled boxers to ever come out of Britain and one of the fastest hands the boxing world has ever seen. He has incredible heart and is a true warrior. As you mentioned even against Prescott when his condition was poor, he kept getting back up to fight again when many would have just given up.

Best of luck to him for the future, I will be going to his next fight.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Its sad to see two stupid sides of the family going at in public to get the mythical public sympathy vote. Everyone i have met thinks that families are complete imbeciles and have no sympathy for either.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewal Express View Post
    Its sad to see two stupid sides of the family going at in public to get the mythical public sympathy vote. Everyone i have met thinks that families are complete imbeciles and have no sympathy for either.
    Those you have met have never had any family problems? I cant think of a single Pakistani family I know who hasn't had issues/rows between them. Guess you know some special people.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Those you have met have never had any family problems? I cant think of a single Pakistani family I know who hasn't had issues/rows between them. Guess you know some special people.
    I don't think the average Pakistani family puts their family issues on Twitter and Snapchat.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's fine anyhow as it stands not only is Khan the bigger name then Joshua his net worth is greater as well but when we're talking millions money is hardly an issue in this situation when both fighters are wealthy. Amir made mistakes in the past and now in this instance Faryal may have returned the favour; both are 100% equally in the wrong and it is the child who is the real victim. However, with regards to Amirs endeavours she could have divorced him but they put it all in the past and moved on so what Faryal has done recently is surprising because she had the choice to leave him before and as of late have been on decent terms.

Something obviously had been going on to escalate to this point in present though, obviously in our desi community there is a double standard in.that women tend to be vilified more then the guy but I still don't have sympathy for Faryal because everyone is a victim of their own deeds and am not saying Amir is some angel in that regard either.
    And I agree with that stance ,no one is a victim here.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Families have problems but they dont use Twitter as an arbiter. Maybe you know other desi families that use Twitter to settle their differences?

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mani1 View Post
    You can't be serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Which world do you live in? Anyway, I'm starting to think the theory that Amir's account has been hacked are true. Why would he call out Anthony Joshua in such an disrespectful manner publicly? It's one thing for couples to fall out but he must know Joshua personally, you wouldn't say stuff like that unless you had something to back it up.
    Name:  FM-001.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  22.9 KB
    Name:  FM002.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  32.5 KB

you will find the sources, if you search the texts.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Man, @shaz619 seems to eat, breathe and live boxing.

As for this Amir Khan, I'm sure Ekta Kapoor is watching the developments closely and it'll be the central theme of her next K-serial.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

As for this Amir Khan, I'm sure Ekta Kapoor is watching the developments closely and it'll be the central theme of her next K-serial.
    Agreed, @shaz619 is an exceptional resource on the technical aspects of combat sports (boxing, UFC).

Ekta Kapoor might need to start harnessing the power of social media in her scripts.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are certain elements in Desi society who believe that when it comes to a man's parents and wife clashing, he should support his parents even if they are wrong.

Unfortunately this Amir-Faryal case gives them a lot of ammunition as in "see, he should have supported his parents, they were right all aong"

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    POTW Great read @shaz619

Exactly Amir just needs to focus on boxing now, he only has a few years left in the game but still has the ability to become world champion again. With regards his speaking out in support of Islam, he initially did this back in 2005 after the bomb attacks in London when he was just a teenager. I remember the Sun although it's trash had a big story on him after that tragic incident. I just feel there should be other people who should do this but I suppose he well known and people want to hear his views , so fair enough.

I really dont know why is disliked by many Pakistani's esp from Pakistan. The country has no sports stars apart from cricketers so they should be proud he has worn the Pakistan flag on his shorts in a major fight. They should also recognise the great charity work he has done in Pakistan, a country which riddled with corruption and poverty. I believe he has brought a lot of respect to Pakistan in terms of boxing. Sure he likes the limelight but he's been on camera since he was 17, so it's just natural for him now. And as you know in boxing it's important to build, raise and then sustain your profile. The more people interested in you, the more will want to see you fight and the more money you make. I guess some people are just bitter.

This split with his ex wife was on the cards for a while, Amir has been very close to his family from the start. I remember when his mother used to come and watch fights, just like any mother the stress on her face watching her son get hit was evident. His father made sure he was given everything he needed to succeed in his career and has supported him to this day. Maybe he had feelings for this woman but I cant understand why though? She did look pretty and seemed a decent girl, maybe she was until the fame and fortune got to her head. I see now she has been begging him to make up but I hope Amir thinks carefully about his future now.

I really never understood why sportsmen get married esp with they are at their peak and esp if their sport is boxing. As you know your mind has be clear and completely focused not only to perform at the highest level but because you are putting your life on the line every time you step in the ring. It's normally a short career, 35 max so if you have the talent , concentrate on your sport. But I guess the other side to this is sportsmen are stil men/people they have needs and desires too. If you're a Pakistani Muslim it wont be easy to just get with different women esp since its' against the teachings of your faith so marriage is the only option. If it was me, I would still not marry.

In a funny way I think this will give him a lot of motivation, hopefully his hand is better and he can get a good tune up fight by the end of this year before going for the belt next year sometime. The recent videos of him he's released, shows he is in good condition and his skills are still spellbinding because that what there. Let there be no doubt Amir is one of the most skilled boxers to ever come out of Britain and one of the fastest hands the boxing world has ever seen. He has incredible heart and is a true warrior. As you mentioned even against Prescott when his condition was poor, he kept getting back up to fight again when many would have just given up.

Best of luck to him for the future, I will be going to his next fight.
    Great post mate, I'd say that generally in pak they love him more then in the UK lol and in the US he is popular to. In the UK he's disliked not just by English folk but Pakistani's as well, the biggest issue they have allegedly is due to him talking too much rubbish; but I have never understood why they hate on him for calling out the best fighters in the division, I would commend a fighter for hunting the big names instead of hiding at home and feasting on bum after bum *wink* *wink* @ Kelly Brook who by the way is strangely more popular in the public despite not having achieved much, but after his recent loss a lot of them have don't sing his praises as much as they did.

Yeah Amir has done a lot for Pak be it helping the needy or elevating the sport of Boxing, he has helped their amateur team more then the countries sports governing body; generally they love him there don't be fooled by certain posts from various Pak based PPers who are a little insecure and have a weird agenda which is beyond me. I think the British lot maybe don't like how he's one of the few who has made it and is doing quiet well, they could be a little envious but don't realise how hard he worked; and you know yourself why the goreh are not fans lol but what can I say to them when his own community throw undeh at him.

True it has been on the cards but I didn't see it, thought they really loved each other but we never truly know what is happening behind the scenes. I don't know bro when he first met faryal and reading about the type of person she was, her background and family etc I thought she was a very nice lady and to be honest I don't think she or Amir are bad people, but sometimes things just don't click and what more can you say, it's unfortunate that the kid got caught up in the mess. Yeah she tried to get back with him but Amir has had enough, his family may have been influential in the decision to because they don't like Faryal either; that may have made things more toxic and this split may be for the best because when there are parties involved which are not happy then things unlikely to be rosy.

True, it's a complicated issue isn't it the fighter and marriage especially from Amir's point of view, there are positives and negatives for and against the idea but I agree with you and especially in the case of Amir he probably should have delayed it until he was 30-31. Sure that is not stopping you from meeting someone but he could have began a family after that age because he'd be 4-5 fights away from retirement. Carl Froch is a good example, he was with a model for a while but only got engaged after he beat George Groves in his final fights and had a kid the following year; there are others who like Lomachenko who are married and have children but are doing quiet well for themselves as far as their career is concerned so it depends on the person but I agree that in the case of Amir he should have put it on hold until the back end of his career.

Amir has been training hard for a while and is in decent shape, I still think he is booked to fight this year but do you think it is wise with all his issues? I don't know but like you say it could be a positive the whole thing because Boxing is the only woman he can truly count on it's his first love and it can be a great escape from everything, maybe even motivate him even more as you say. Definitely one of the best ever from Britain and hopefully things improve for him.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Agreed, @shaz619 is an exceptional resource on the technical aspects of combat sports (boxing, UFC).

Ekta Kapoor might need to start harnessing the power of social media in her scripts.
    Thanks guys, I don't know what I'd do without it; when the cricket is not going well I seek refuge in other sports

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHorn View Post
    There are certain elements in Desi society who believe that when it comes to a man's parents and wife clashing, he should support his parents even if they are wrong.

Unfortunately this Amir-Faryal case gives them a lot of ammunition as in "see, he should have supported his parents, they were right all aong"
    I think we should respect our parents but don't believe in supporting them even if they are wrong, like imagine they tell you to shoot yourself up the bum will you do it?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @KingKhanWC And not sure why people in our country look to Anthony Joshua as some white knight, he is the most media trained fighter I have ever seen and often plays to the gallery to elevate his common fella gimmick. Joshua sucks up to various communities to boost his merch and ticket sales, says all the right things to advocate this nice guy #StayHumble persona but for those who can see through him would be able to tell that he's far from perfect and is a flawed / sly individual; a former friend in Whyte would confirm this and we all know how he use to ruin people's lives by selling drugs. Some Hypocritical and entitled Brit Pak take the morale high ground and outline how Khan did this in his past and did that in his past, screw him for trying to be a good Muslim etc when he really is x or y; yet they worship AJ just because he tweets "big up all the apnah's" despite the fact that he was a drug dealer

Furthermore, what is so humble about being acquainted with one of his mates and fellow Olympians wives? Whyte was right, there are billions of women in the world but he goes for her? Am not suggesting that anything actually happened between Faryal and AJ but it does look like they are acquainted. Faryal also deleted this retweet on the 4th of August after Amirs revelations:

Usually she never retweets the stuff of other boxers other then Amir.
    Last edited by shaz619; 6th August 2017 at 13:19.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 Lol. You go so far as to check boxers' family life. Got give it you bro, you do your research.

You and @KingKhanWC have to both acknowledge whilst his boxing skills have been amazing(barring the chin), he's been stupid to engage in a twitter battle with his wife. To divorce your wife on twitter or social media hardly shows class or role model material.

It's okay for families to have issues but to broadcast it to the world is undignified and it only makes those who disliked him dislike him even more.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Also his name is not Anthony Joshua, his real name is Femi ; now that is the real AJ @Adil_94

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 Lol. You go so far as to check boxers' family life. Got give it you bro, you do your research.

You and @KingKhanWC have to both acknowledge whilst his boxing skills have been amazing(barring the chin), he's been stupid to engage in a twitter battle with his wife. To divorce your wife on twitter or social media hardly shows class or role model material.

It's okay for families to have issues but to broadcast it to the world is undignified and it only makes those who disliked him dislike him even more.
    Am pretty sure I have already said it but if I didn't lets be clear on the fact that am totally against this spat in the public, am not a fan of airing dirty laundry before the whole world but I have stated my reasons for why he's a role model but if you don't agree with that fair enough. He has taken savage beatings but still got up and survived at times, Canelo is the only fighter to truly keep him on his back; for me his biggest weakness is the low in-ring IQ and lapses in defence.

But I totally agree with you that this stuff should not be broadcast before the whole world and if you have noticed I have been discussing his boxing career more then anything else.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 You can't be serious about AJ "ruining lives" because he sold weed?

The fact is AJ may well play to the media; people like a dignified boxer who has admitted his mistakes and turned his life around because of not wanting to disappoint his mum. People prefer a world heavyweight champion who's a mummy's boy than a lightweight who airs his dirty laundry on social media. Who can blame them?

Joshua is inspirational and a role model, AK is inspirational only from a boxing perspective. I respect Khan for changing his life but he's done it after being humbled by defeats. AJ comes across as a humble guy while he's at the top, the heavyweight champion of the world. There's a big difference between the two.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 You can't be serious about AJ "ruining lives" because he sold weed?

The fact is AJ may well play to the media; people like a dignified boxer who has admitted his mistakes and turned his life around because of not wanting to disappoint his mum. People prefer a world heavyweight champion who's a mummy's boy than a lightweight who airs his dirty laundry on social media. Who can blame them?

Joshua is inspirational and a role model, AK is inspirational only from a boxing perspective. I respect Khan for changing his life but he's done it after being humbled by defeats. AJ comes across as a humble guy while he's at the top, the heavyweight champion of the world. There's a big difference between the two.
    I haven't read more garbage in a long time "sold a little weed" you clearly dony understand the imlications of drug abuse and how it ruins peoples lives, AJ is a former thug, crackhead and drug dealer who is not the white knight people think he is. And more recently he is messing around with his mates and fellow olympians wife, incredibly hypocritical that you worship such an individual, Khan has his flaws buy has done a lot of good and atleast he aint fake like AJ and an ex drug dealer, what is so inspirational about that please dont say its beating a faded fighter and bum like charles martin

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 You need to take off the Khan ****** glasses. If you're going to quote me at least do it properly.

I know very well the implication of how drug culture works. It's why I despise AK's personal life because he belonged to the social culture that encouraged drug dealing, the bad boy culture, flash cars, street fights, etc. I've met guys from Bolton who knew him personally and not one had nice things to say about him. Diary of a Badman and something Rashid(?) , two YouTubers who parody that culture very well.

AJ may have used different drugs but he was done for dealing weed, which happens to be legal in many places around the world and has many advocates for its legalisation in this country. So unless you've got evidence about AJ that suggests otherwise, it's best to stay quiet or hand over that evidence to the police.

Yes, AJ comes across as a guy who turned his life around and reached boxing heights. AK has shown his class on social media. We don't even know whether AJ has been messing around with his wife or whether Fsryaal has done so to annoy her husband. I'd stop making those links because you mind end up looking as foolish as the Khans.
    Last edited by ShadabFakhar; 6th August 2017 at 14:02.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't read more garbage in a long time "sold a little weed" you clearly dony understand the imlications of drug abuse and how it ruins peoples lives, AJ is a former thug, crackhead and drug dealer who is not the white knight people think he is. And more recently he is messing around with his mates and fellow olympians wife, incredibly hypocritical that you worship such an individual, Khan has his flaws buy has done a lot of good and atleast he aint fake like AJ and an ex drug dealer, what is so inspirational about that please dont say its beating a faded fighter and bum like charles martin
    Thing with A.J is that for one he is the right ethnicity Blacks are loved in this Country you even had David Cameron being an appologist for there Criminals "British Society has failed young Black men" also lets not forget the old chesnut daddy didn't love them enough etc etc. You could clearly see it when they were burning down London. In 2011 and more recently too.

Also A.J is a heavyweight in a very weak era so could possibly reign for a while.

Then as we have discussed the casuals love him. Even the "Urban" girls who don't have a clue about boxing love him and drool over him its almost as bad as in edgware road when they see a Billionaire Arab in shisha joint and practicly throw them selfs naked in hoping he take em home unfortunately for them he doesnt even look at them.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Zero View Post
    Name:  FM-001.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  22.9 KB
    Name:  FM002.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  32.5 KB

you will find the sources, if you search the texts.
    What else would you expect her to say? I think we'll find when the divorce proceedings begin the reality will be somewhat different.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What else would you expect her to say? I think we'll find when the divorce proceedings begin the reality will be somewhat different.
    Top tweet is from last year, and they were okay then.

As per news, she still tried to patch up.

Anyway, I want her to get best lawyer and teach Amir a much needed lesson.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing with A.J is that for one he is the right ethnicity Blacks are loved in this Country you even had David Cameron being an appologist for there Criminals "British Society has failed young Black men" also lets not forget the old chesnut daddy didn't love them enough etc etc. You could clearly see it when they were burning down London. In 2011 and more recently too.

Also A.J is a heavyweight in a very weak era so could possibly reign for a while.

Then as we have discussed the casuals love him. Even the "Urban" girls who don't have a clue about boxing love him and drool over him its almost as bad as in edgware road when they see a Billionaire Arab in shisha joint and practicly throw them selfs naked in hoping he take em home unfortunately for them he doesnt even look at them.
    I don't think they are, Cameron is a hypocritical lying politician. Most Tories couldn't care less for anyone with an identity different to that of their social circle.

As a casual boxing fan, his lack of trash-talking or sensible approach to Press Conferences is a welcome change. I mean the likes of Whyte and Chisora, even Haye to some extent. Fury is an entertainer and I loved his press conferences with Klitschko, the cheerleader one still brings a chuckle or two.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they are, Cameron is a hypocritical lying politician. Most Tories couldn't care less for anyone with an identity different to that of their social circle.

As a casual boxing fan, his lack of trash-talking or sensible approach to Press Conferences is a welcome change. I mean the likes of Whyte and Chisora, even Haye to some extent. Fury is an entertainer and I loved his press conferences with Klitschko, the cheerleader one still brings a chuckle or two.
    They are an its not even subtle. When Blacks were burning down London you had the appologists saying all ethnicities are at it despite Blacks being the vast majority.

Afro Caribeans are the least educated yet in the poverty capital of England London they are less likely to be in low paid jobs then Indians. They are also as percentage more likely to get in to Oxford then Indians too. I can go on and on these facts have been posted by me here.

As for boxing have you ever watched an Audrey Harrison or David Haye fight in a pub? If so compare it to a Jawaid Khaliq or an Amir Khan fight and see the difference.

People were supporting Maidana who cane out with the Falklands belongs to Argentina over Khan.

I cant even fanthom any one supporting Maidana over ohara davies etc

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are an its not even subtle. When Blacks were burning down London you had the appologists saying all ethnicities are at it despite Blacks being the vast majority.

Afro Caribeans are the least educated yet in the poverty capital of England London they are less likely to be in low paid jobs then Indians. They are also as percentage more likely to get in to Oxford then Indians too. I can go on and on these facts have been posted by me here.

As for boxing have you ever watched an Audrey Harrison or David Haye fight in a pub? If so compare it to a Jawaid Khaliq or an Amir Khan fight and see the difference.

People were supporting Maidana who cane out with the Falklands belongs to Argentina over Khan.

I cant even fanthom any one supporting Maidana over ohara davies etc
    You're right about the indigenous culture not accepting Amir as well as they would a black fighter. It's because of his thuggish background that even most respectable British Pakistanis have found it hard to relate to him.

In relation to this thread, that doesn't mean we have to hate on Joshua and back Khan at any cost. Most people Khan has been alleged to have assaulted are Brit Pakistanis.

AJ is also extending his fan base by keeping his demeanour inclusive and respectable, publicly at least. A massive heavyweight who expresses kindness(fake or not) to all is going to draw more fans than a lightweight who exchanges words with his wife on social media.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    You're right about the indigenous culture not accepting Amir as well as they would a black fighter. It's because of his thuggish background that even most respectable British Pakistanis have found it hard to relate to him.

In relation to this thread, that doesn't mean we have to hate on Joshua and back Khan at any cost. Most people Khan has been alleged to have assaulted are Brit Pakistanis.

AJ is also extending his fan base by keeping his demeanour inclusive and respectable, publicly at least. A massive heavyweight who expresses kindness(fake or not) to all is going to draw more fans than a lightweight who exchanges words with his wife on social media.
    True I agree with you, as British Pakistani's with an inferior complex we can't relate to Amirs thuggish background but will worship Joshua aka Thug Femi because he was a convicted drug dealer and we found that very relatable especially the fact that he messes around with his mates wife #StayHumble #HowKind

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Unless Khan assaulted you don't spread lies, if folk are referring to the brawl in my city then the people who got spanked deserved it for having the audacity to provoke a boxer and attempt to attack him for no reason besides their inferior complex and lack of progress in life; their video masked after that night proves how mentally deformed they were and completely in the wrong.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    These AJ marks are beyond ignorant and incredibly hypocritical "just a little weed" it's all okay and healthy for you, femi was just trying to elevate society yay!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warning: Don't get personal with other posters.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These AJ marks are beyond ignorant and incredibly hypocritical "just a little weed" it's all okay and healthy for you, femi was just trying to elevate society yay!
    Pakistanis get a bad rep per se. From when the first immigrants arrived, it's almost as if the shortened P word deflected attention from the vast swathes of Indians who also came at the time ...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said a "little weed". For the sake of argument, he sold lots of it. It was illegal, he was caught. He was arrested and charged. He served his time. He was absolutely wrong. Drug-dealing is wrong. All illegal classes of drugs are wrong. AJ has said so and turned over a new leaf. Started a boxing career and did well.

You said cannabis ruins lives. I said no, because cannabis is also used medicinally. It's legal in a few countries. That's the basis of my explanation on the positive aspects of it. This is not condoning AJ's behaviour in anyway! Nor is it saying it's okay to sell cannabis.

What you're getting confused with is the old AJ no one gave a crap about and this new AJ that is a heavyweight champion of the world. Professional boxing for AJ was to turn his back on his criminal thug life. He did that and openly states that. Glorifying AJ's personal life in turning his back on crime is not the same as defending his criminal past. Read this carefully, it's important to why you maybe confusing various issues.

Unless Khan assaulted you don't spread lies, if folk are referring to the brawl in my city then the people who got spanked deserved it for having the audacity to provoke a boxer and attempt to attack him for no reason besides their inferior complex and lack of progress in life; their video masked after that night proves how mentally deformed they were and completely in the wrong.
    Unless AJ has had an affair with Makhdoom, don't spread lies. Now you're condoning crimes of assault on the street because the "people who got spanked deserved it". That's not how law works. About Femi, read above.

True I agree with you, as British Pakistani's with an inferior complex we can't relate to Amirs thuggish background but will worship Joshua aka Thug Femi because he was a convicted drug dealer and we found that very relatable especially the fact that he messes around with his mates wife #StayHumble #HowKind
    Nothing to do with an inferior complex in wanting to distance yourself from AK's personal life as far as one can go. He was a thug while he was a boxer, for all I know he probably still is. I admire these guys for their boxing and AJ for turning his life around.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1903 View Post
    Pakistanis get a bad rep per se. From when the first immigrants arrived, it's almost as if the shortened P word deflected attention from the vast swathes of Indians who also came at the time ...
    ***** getting stereotyped recently is different from all immigrants who were stereotyped in the 60s. Back then it was based on colour and foreign culture. If you listen to Enoch Powell's speech, you'll rarely hear the word Pakistani, he referred to all from the subcontinent as Indians.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What sort of background do you expect boxers to have? Chess enthusiasts and play the violin in their free time? He's a loudmouth and too cocky, a lot of Brits don't like to see that in a Pakistani. People didn't like Naseem Hamed for the same reason.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I never said a "little weed". For the sake of argument, he sold lots of it. It was illegal, he was caught. He was arrested and charged. He served his time. He was absolutely wrong. Drug-dealing is wrong. All illegal classes of drugs are wrong. AJ has said so and turned over a new leaf. Started a boxing career and did well.

You said cannabis ruins lives. I said no, because cannabis is also used medicinally. It's legal in a few countries. That's the basis of my explanation on the positive aspects of it. This is not condoning AJ's behaviour in anyway! Nor is it saying it's okay to sell cannabis.

What you're getting confused with is the old AJ no one gave a crap about and this new AJ that is a heavyweight champion of the world. Professional boxing for AJ was to turn his back on his criminal thug life. He did that and openly states that. Glorifying AJ's personal life in turning his back on crime is not the same as defending his criminal past. Read this carefully, it's important to why you maybe confusing various issues.

Unless AJ has had an affair with Makhdoom, don't spread lies. Now you're condoning crimes of assault on the street because the "people who got spanked deserved it". That's not how law works. About Femi, read above.

Nothing to do with an inferior complex in wanting to distance yourself from AK's personal life as far as one can go. He was a thug while he was a boxer, for all I know he probably still is. I admire these guys for their boxing and AJ for turning his life around.
    Yes you did, you said "sold a little weed" You are the one who worships femi despite drug dealing conviction yet claim Amir Khan is a thug, if he is prove it; I have proved to you that femi is no angel based on his dug dealing conviction and ruining people's lives, and while it has not been said that something actually happened between faryal/femi evidence indicates they were acquainted but you are brushing this off when the facts indicate otherwise in order to continue worshiping this 100% saintly femi who can do no wrong and is some white knight. Amir has not been convicted for assaulting anyone, femi on the other hand has been convicted for dealing drugs and on top of that more recently has been accused by Amir for going after his left overs and Faryal retweeted AJ tweets just before Amirs revelations.

You want to call Amir Khan a thug and support these guys instead:

Feel free to do so because it's in line with your support of a drug dealing convict who goes after his friends wives.

Yeah sure it's nothing to do with an inferior complex worshiping AJ for the very reasons Khan is being criticised despite the fact that there is more evidence which proves femi is no saint and yeah for all you know Amir was or is a thug with no proof while it's all hypocrtically it's all the past with regards to Femi but I can assure you there is evidence which proves his thug nature and more recently with regards to his acquaintance with faryal proves he is no white knight

Beyond me why anyone would big a dug dealing convict that ruined lives.
    Last edited by shaz619; 6th August 2017 at 17:49.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of these are an absolute embarresment, feel really sorry for the daughter.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    What sort of background do you expect boxers to have? Chess enthusiasts and play the violin in their free time? He's a loudmouth and too cocky, a lot of Brits don't like to see that in a Pakistani. People didn't like Naseem Hamed for the same reason.
    Naz was incredibly popular amongst British Pakistani's am pretty sure of it, but he was an ATG talent as well and arguably the greatest fighter to come out of Britain. Boxer's in general do not have the best reputation but Muhammad Ali and the Klitchko's were incredibly intelligent people, at the end of the day we watch two people that are going to beat the hell out of each other in the ring and witness incredible violence so I agree with you about doing the politically correct thing being overblown

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right there about one's background but unlike AJ, whose boxing career marked a turning point from his past, Khan's thuggishness continued well into his boxing years. That is the distinction here.

We're only discussing AJ in a Makdhoom and Khan thread because Khan was stupid enough to mention him on twitter.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    You're right there about one's background but unlike AJ, whose boxing career marked a turning point from his past, Khan's thuggishness continued well into his boxing years. That is the distinction here.

We're only discussing AJ in a Makdhoom and Khan thread because Khan was stupid enough to mention him on twitter.
    AJ's thuggishness continued 100%, he sold crack to his followers behind the scenes evidently and also went after his friends wives. So yeah that's the distinction, AJ is a convicted drug dealer whilst we also have evidence which proves he is acquainted with faryal at the very least.
    Last edited by shaz619; 6th August 2017 at 18:09.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you did, you said "sold a little weed"

Go back and check Post # 196.

You are the one who worships femi despite drug dealing conviction yet claim Amir Khan is a thug, if he is prove it;

Worship AJ? I don't why you continue to use this word, maybe that's what you feel one should do for their heroes. Not me. I respect AJ for changing his previous bad habits through boxing and making a name for himself. He's dignified, speaks well of his mother and seeks to create a good image for himself. How can that be a bad thing? Why equate that to his past?

Khan, on the other hand, was a boxer from a young age. The story is quite different for him and he's created a bad reputation for himself in his hometown amongst his own kith and kin. The people of Bolton I spoke to have reaffirmed his 'bad boy' mentality.

Our Asian community prefers dignity and respect in public and right now AJ demonstrates that better than Khan.

I have proved to you that femi is no angel based on his dug dealing conviction and ruining people's lives, and while it has not been said that something actually happened between faryal/femi evidence indicates they were acquainted but you are brushing this off when the facts indicate otherwise in order to continue worshiping this 100% saintly femi who can do no wrong and is some white knight. Amir has not been convicted for assaulting anyone, femi on the other hand has been convicted for dealing drugs and on top of that more recently has been accused by Amir for going after his left overs and Faryal retweeted AJ tweets just before Amirs revelations.

I've never said AJ is an angel. He's a flawed human. He WAS a drug dealer. He isn't NOW. He's a likeable character and Amir isn't. As simple as that. You don't need to have a conviction to be known as a thug.

You want to call Amir Khan a thug and support these guys instead:

Amir isn't a thug right now AFAIK, he's just incredibly stupid for engaging in a battle of words against his wife. WhatsApp, message her, phone her, do whatever, no need to divorce her on social media.

Feel free to do so because it's in line with your support of a drug dealing convict who goes after his friends wives.

Justice has been served by people far better than you or me. For me, he's one example of a successful rehabilitation. With regards to Fakhdoom, we only have Khan's words to go by....

Yeah sure it's nothing to do with an inferior complex worshiping AJ for the very reasons Khan is being criticised despite the fact that there is more evidence which proves femi is no saint and yeah for all you know Amir was or is a thug with no proof while it's all hypocrtically it's all the past with regards to Femi but I can assure you there is evidence which proves his thug nature and more recently with regards to his acquaintance with faryal proves he is no white knight

I'd be glad for you to provide information on AJ. I'm always willing to learn new things. If you can prove he's a thug, I'd be willing to change my perception of him.

Beyond me why anyone would big a dug dealing convict that ruined lives.
    The only reason I defend AJ on here is because there's no real cause to denigrate him. If he's done something in the past, served his time, who are we to judge when he's been through the justice system.
    Last edited by ShadabFakhar; 6th August 2017 at 18:32.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AJ's thuggishness continued 100%, he sold crack to his followers behind the scenes evidently and also went after his friends wives. So yeah that's the distinction, AJ is a convicted drug dealer whilst we also have evidence which proves he is acquainted with faryal at the very least.
    We don't know if he's been with Makhdoom beyond what Amir Khan tells us. Lol, you might take Khan's word to be the gospel, I don't.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The only reason I defend AJ on here is because there's no real cause to denigrate him. If he's done something in the past, served his time, who are we to judge when he's been through the justice system.
    We don't know if he's been with Makhdoom beyond what Amir Khan tells us. Lol, you might take Khan's word to be the gospel, I don't.
    So let me get this straight, you worship AJ ( who's career has only just begun) based on the fact that he is a reformed drug dealing convict that has ruined lives and can now do no wrong but define Khan by all the negative stuff despite the fact that he put his past behind him and has done so much good, anyhow he is no thug / never-was and the chatter at the local kebab shop does not confirm that. And speaking of more recently it doesn't reflect well on Khan that he aired all of this in public but nor does AJ being acquainted with Faryal and chasing his mates wife, Dilian Whyte also claimed that AJ went after Chisora's wife back in the day; he use to be friends with Femi and knows him better then you or I, he has confirmed that the man is a thug and currently a fake nigerian ebay like scammer who is not the man who he preaches to be; so with AJ being linked to Faryal and his past drug dealing convictions it's not hard to see that he's witholding who he truly is, when he opens up to show us who he truly is maybe we will see more personality from the most bland, deceitful and boring character in the HW division.
    Last edited by shaz619; 6th August 2017 at 18:49.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So let me get this straight, you worship AJ ( who's career has only just begun) based on the fact that he is a reformed drug dealing convict that has ruined lives and can now do no wrong but define Khan by all the negative stuff despite the fact that he put his past behind him and has done so much good, anyhow he is no thug / never-was and the chatter at the local kebab shop does not confirm that. And speaking of more recently it doesn't reflect well on Khan that he aired all of this in public but nor does AJ being acquainted with Faryal and chasing his mates wife, Dilian Whyte also claimed that AJ went after Chisora's wife back in the day; he use to be friends with Femi and knows him better then you or I, he has confirmed that the man is a thug and currently a fake nigerian ebay like scammer who is not the man who he preaches to be; so with AJ being linked to Faryal and his past drug dealing convictions it's not hard to see that he's witholding who he truly is, when he opens up to show us who he truly is maybe we will see more personality from the most bland, deceitful and boring character in the HW division.
    I admit Khan has done some good work with charities. He may have even improved his behaviour since his marriage in recent years. However, this recent farce manifests the unfortunate reality that Khan's attitude and mental state correlate with his reputation.

I hope AJ remains "bland" and "boring" for you outside of the ring, it will help the spread of boxing to a wider audience.

Two allegations, one is Khan assaulting people, that too after namaaz, and the other is Makhdoom/Joshua affair. Why am I not surprised you've rightfully dismissed one as an allegation but established the other as fact?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I admit Khan has done some good work with charities. He may have even improved his behaviour since his marriage in recent years. However, this recent farce manifests the unfortunate reality that Khan's attitude and mental state correlate with his reputation.

I hope AJ remains "bland" and "boring" for you outside of the ring, it will help the spread of boxing to a wider audience.

Two allegations, one is Khan assaulting people, that too after namaaz, and the other is Makhdoom/Joshua affair. Why am I not surprised you've rightfully dismissed one as an allegation but established the other as fact?
    Sure his aura will be looked upon by the ignorant entirely based on rubbish in the past but bit rich coming from AJ fans.

Lol if you want to see two people play kiss chasing watch something else because being politically correct and fake is not what I like to see, regardless of your aura one should be themselves. Yeah Mike Tyson wasn't bland and boring, he killed the sport.

Besides Khans apparent meaningless allegation against joshua, there is that AJ retweet by faryal, no fact is being suggested but to assume there is no link between AJ and Faryal whatsoever is ignorant. I have never heard about thay before, do you have similar proof which indicates something may have happened and some context? Assuming he did, femi sold drugs and ruined potentially hundreds of lives; 10x worse.

Your not consistent in your criticisms, one rule for khan another for thr nigerian ebay scammer aka femi.
    Last edited by shaz619; 6th August 2017 at 19:26.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of British Pakistanis are glory hunters.If that was the case they wouldn' t support Mike Tyson Floyd Mayweather etc.

As for the White Brits they support Del boy Chisora whom is known to have beaten his partner up multiple times

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Sure his aura will be looked upon by the ignorant entirely based on rubbish in the past but bit rich coming from AJ fans.

Lol if you want to see two people play kiss chasing watch something else because being politically correct and fake is not what I like to see, regardless of your aura one should be themselves. Yeah Mike Tyson wasn't bland and boring, he killed the sport.

Besides Khans apparent meaningless allegation against joshua, there is that AJ retweet by faryal, no fact is being suggested but to assume there is no link between AJ and Faryal whatsoever is ignorant. I have never heard about thay before, do you have similar proof which indicates something may have happened and some context? Assuming he did, femi sold drugs and ruined potentially hundreds of lives; 10x worse.

Your not consistent in your criticisms, one rule for khan another for thr nigerian ebay scammer aka femi.

Ignorant post

Anthony Joshua probably spends more time with British Pakistanis than Amir Khan who spends more time in the states

But this isnt tat for tat

Theyre both highly skilled,ethnic and both broke down barriers to get to where they are
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 6th August 2017 at 20:31.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imho, Anthony Joshua is better than Khan in every way, both personally and professionally, maybe aside from in handspeed. He's already got a net worth higher than Khans and he's barely begun his career. Similarly his win over Klitschko rates above anyone Khan has defeated.

As a guy, he's way more relatable than Khan, he's got the looks, for instance a female British high jumper objectified him in an article she wrote complaining about female athletes being objectified, he's also got the backing of the British urban scene, for instance getting Stormzy to walk him in, he's got a proper professional set up behind him and not a bunch of former cabbies and mini bus drivers.

Also he doesn't sound like an idiot every time he opens his mouth, Shah Khan can speak better publicly than Amir, that's embarrassing. He's always getting caught with his pants down, and just rubs everyone the wrong way. And he thinks a bigger star than he actually is. Fighting twice a year like he's Mayweather

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's low-lifes who support his antics outside the ring that are ignorant. I've already told you I was a Khan fan until I heard how he carried himself outside the ring. AJ has put the past behind him, everyone accepts that except you and your ilk.

Your POV is biased on this. If you feel that it's your prerogative to do so. Mike Tyson was an one of the all-time greats, please don't mention Tyson in a Khan thread ever again.

No fact is being suggested about Faryal Makhdoom and Joshua? Are you serious? Go back up and read your own content.

I don't know how you managed to find out who Joshua dealt to and even more astounding is how you've come to know his customers "ruined their lives". You must get in touch with the CPS with your evidence because this guy was let off with 12 month community service for carrying 8oz cannabis. No imprisonment! He ruined so many lives and 12 months Community Service is a pittance of a sentence..

If there's one thing I have been, it's consistent. In fact because I'd been so consistent you had to resort to personal attacks. They call it ad-hominem.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post

Theyre both highly skilled,ethnic and both broke down barriers to get to where they are

Comment of the thread.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imho, Anthony Joshua is better than Khan in every way, both personally and professionally, maybe aside from in handspeed. He's already got a net worth higher than Khans and he's barely begun his career. Similarly his win over Klitschko rates above anyone Khan has defeated.

As a guy, he's way more relatable than Khan, he's got the looks, for instance a female British high jumper objectified him in an article she wrote complaining about female athletes being objectified, he's also got the backing of the British urban scene, for instance getting Stormzy to walk him in, he's got a proper professional set up behind him and not a bunch of former cabbies and mini bus drivers.

Also he doesn't sound like an idiot every time he opens his mouth, Shah Khan can speak better publicly than Amir, that's embarrassing. He's always getting caught with his pants down, and just rubs everyone the wrong way. And he thinks a bigger star than he actually is. Fighting twice a year like he's Mayweather
    Klitchko had already been humiliated by Fury when he was active and has been known through out his career to be soft.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Warning: Don't get personal with other posters.
    Reminder for those who may have missed it...

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of British Pakistanis are glory hunters.If that was the case they wouldn' t support Mike Tyson Floyd Mayweather etc.

As for the White Brits they support Del boy Chisora whom is known to have beaten his partner up multiple times
    Not really glory hunters like Man U fans were back in the noughties. There's not many decent Brit boxers to back. You won't hear many singing about Haye or Harrison. I know many who still follow Pacquiao and whilst he's had illustrious career it hasn't always been glorious. What resonates with most Brit Pakistanis is either an out and out 'cool' boxer who can walk the talk or a respectful, decent, humble one. Khan is/was neither of those things.

I also don't see the point in measuring support on ethnic lines, a lot of these black boxers come from poor ghettos, some Brit Pakistanis can genuinely relate to that. Or at least it gives some hope to achieve something big, even if their situation is usually nothing like their boxing hero.

I don't know if you're one of them but people calling support of black boxers by British Pakistanis as an inferiority complex is completely wrong. Inferiority complexes usually work the other way round, which is effectively racism.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I doubt AJ has a higher net worth than Khan as of yet.

He will do soon as he is in a very very weak division where Tyson Fury is the Champ until proven otherwise.

My main gripe with him is that he received gift qfter gift in the Olympics, should of been kicked out in the 1st round.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    If there's one thing I have been, it's consistent. In fact because I'd been so consistent you had to resort to personal attacks. They call it ad-hominem.
    Low lives are those hypocritical tools who idolise a convicted drug dealer and pathetic skum who goes after his mates wives, you can sugar coat his conviction all you want but that doesn't change the fact that Joshua is a fake two faced wife chasing, PED taking scammer who also happened to ruin so many lives by selling drugs, he got caught on one instance and got off lightly that doesn't mean it was the only time he was dealing!

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really glory hunters like Man U fans were back in the noughties. There's not many decent Brit boxers to back. You won't hear many singing about Haye or Harrison. I know many who still follow Pacquiao and whilst he's had illustrious career it hasn't always been glorious. What resonates with most Brit Pakistanis is either an out and out 'cool' boxer who can walk the talk or a respectful, decent, humble one. Khan is/was neither of those things.

I also don't see the point in measuring support on ethnic lines, a lot of these black boxers come from poor ghettos, some Brit Pakistanis can genuinely relate to that. Or at least it gives some hope to achieve something big, even if their situation is usually nothing like their boxing hero.

I don't know if you're one of them but people calling support of black boxers by British Pakistanis as an inferiority complex is completely wrong. Inferiority complexes usually work the other way round, which is effectively racism.
    I dont give a crap who British Pakistanis support. All i'm saying is that if they dislike khan due to the reasons you stated then they must hate floyd he is far from cool lol have you heard him speak and see how he dresses.

As for Khan I remember some "urban" Pakistanis claiming Khans a "Mirpuri" and is inbred hence why he got knocked out by Garcia despite now after the daily mail invoking the freedom of information act showing those the same ethnicity as Sikhs from Glasgow and Ilford are the biggest Inbreds.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low lives are those hypocritical tools who idolise a convicted drug dealer and pathetic skum who goes after his mates wives, you can sugar coat his conviction all you want but that doesn't change the fact that Joshua is a fake two faced wife chasing, PED taking scammer who also happened to ruin so many lives by selling drugs, he got caught on one instance and got off lightly that doesn't mean it was the only time he was dealing!
    "Besides Khans apparent meaningless allegation against joshua, there is that AJ retweet by faryal, no fact is being suggested"

Do you need reminding about who wrote that? Forget it mate. If you're close to Khan, and it sounds like you are, tell the man to get back in the ring so he can be remembered for his boxing skills and not trying to impersonate Peter Andre and Jordan.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont give a crap who British Pakistanis support. All i'm saying is that if they dislike khan due to the reasons you stated then they must hate floyd he is far from cool lol have you heard him speak and see how he dresses.

As for Khan I remember some "urban" Pakistanis claiming Khans a "Mirpuri" and is inbred hence why he got knocked out by Garcia despite now after the daily mail invoking the freedom of information act showing those the same ethnicity as Sikhs from Glasgow and Ilford are the biggest Inbreds.
    Like you I couldn't care less who they support. Floyd is one of the all-time greats, Khan isn't. He walked the talk. No comparison. We could have been talking about Khan in the same light as Mayweather if he didn't have such a weak chin.

Khan isn't a Mirpuri. He acts like the typical Mirpuri street thugs though, so I wouldn't blame them for that mistake. Khan is an idiot, it's really hard to defend him as shaz619 should have realised by now on this thread.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    "Besides Khans apparent meaningless allegation against joshua, there is that AJ retweet by faryal, no fact is being suggested"

Do you need reminding about who wrote that? Forget it mate. If you're close to Khan, and it sounds like you are, tell the man to get back in the ring so he can be remembered for his boxing skills and not trying to impersonate Peter Andre and Jordan.
    Yes I wrote that what is the problem? It is ignorant to assume there is no link at all between AJ and Faryal. And mate if you catch AJ on one of tjose nights tell him the following:

Stop taking PEDs
    Leave your friends wives alone
    Learn to enhance your in-ring IQ
    Stop selling this nigerian ebay scam of a persona
    Do not get temptations to sell drugs and ruin lives
    Do not feast on faded legends and think you are no.1 long way to go yet beating soup cans like Martin/faded-wlad and claiming Fury's "left over" world title belts means little

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you I couldn't care less who they support. Floyd is one of the all-time greats, Khan isn't. He walked the talk. No comparison. We could have been talking about Khan in the same light as Mayweather if he didn't have such a weak chin.

Khan isn't a Mirpuri. He acts like the typical Mirpuri street thugs though, so I wouldn't blame them for that mistake. Khan is an idiot, it's really hard to defend him as shaz619 should have realised by now on this thread.
    What do non mirpuri street thugs act like? Or are you suggesting they are non?

As for Khan he is no where near as skilled as Floyd
    Last edited by mani1; 6th August 2017 at 20:58.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Khan has his flaws have admitted them but same folk do bhangra over AJ, hypocritical. Emphasises the inferior complex and self hate

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I wrote that what is the problem? It is ignorant to assume there is no link at all between AJ and Faryal. And mate if you catch AJ on one of tjose nights tell him the following:

The problem is you contradicted your own statement a few posts later. Of course there's a link, they probably met whilst she was with Khan. That doesn't make him an adulterer. Nor does it warrant the sort of comments you've been making.

Stop taking PEDs - Almost all heavyweight boxers are accused of this. AJ hasn't failed a test yet. Is this another 'fact'?
    Leave your friends wives alone - 'Fact'
    Learn to enhance your in-ring IQ - Coming from a Khan fan, really?
    Stop selling this nigerian ebay scam of a persona - 'fact'
    Do not get temptations to sell drugs and ruin lives - valid point
    Do not feast on faded legends and think you are no.1 long way to go yet beating soup cans like Martin/faded-wlad and claiming Fury's "left over" world title belts means little - open to intrepretation
    In bold
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 6th August 2017 at 21:14.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also British Pakistanis in general are casual supporters to the core. I remember on saying to me the Klitchkos are ducking David Haye.
    A lot just parrot the Sky propagana machine.