Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sreesanth says he's inspired by Mohammad Amir’s comeback after court lifts fixing ban

The Kerala High Court on Monday revoked the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) decision to impose a life ban on former Indian cricket team speedster S. Sreesanth. Last year a special court in Delhi had acquitted him in the 2013 Indian Premier League spot-fixing case.

After the verdict, S. Sreesanth had approached the BCCI to remove the 2013 ban but his plea was turned down. Later, he approached the Kerala High Court saying that though the court had given him a clean chit, the cricket body continued to harass him. He also pleaded that his sports career was getting ruined because of the ban.

“He was acquitted in the case. Then how can the BCCI impose a ban on him? It is denial of natural justice,” the High Court observed while revoking Sreesanth’s ban.

Talking to newsmen, Sreesanth (34) said his first priority was to get into the Kerala team. He said he was physically fit and hit the ground soon.

“Many people supported me in thick and thin. They stood with me. I am really indebted to them and I will not let them down,” he said in Kochi.

BCCI’s wait-and-watch policy

Meanwhile the BCCI chose not to react to the court order. Asked about the BCCI’s stand, acting president C K Khanna said: “The judgement has come today. The BCCI’s legal team will study the judgement and give its observations. Obviously, their feedback will be taken and placed at an appropriate forum (general body).”

In May 2013, Delhi police had arrested Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates, Ajit Chadilia and Ankit Chavan, on charges of spot fixing. Later, the BCCI had imposed a life ban on him.

“It is a really good news for me. I will back in the field soon,” he said after the verdict.

BCCI vice-president TC Mathew said personally he was of the view that the BCCI should not go in for an appeal in a higher court.

During the hearing BCCI contended that the decision was taken by the former administrative committee of the body and the new committee can’t take a decision on this. Subsequently, it had denied S. Sreesanth a no objection certificate (NOC) to play the Scottish League.

Kerala Cricket Association happy

The Kerala Cricket Association also lauded the verdict. “He’s our own player and we supported him all along. We will take a positive decision soon,” said KCA president Vinod Kumar.

Though the swing bowler was out of action in the last four years he was active in cine world and politics. In last assembly election he was the BJP candidate from Thiruvananthapuram Central constituency and lost to Congress candidate V S Shivakumar. His multi-lingual film “Team 5” was released only last week.

Sreesanth has taken 87 wickets in 27 Tests and 75 wickets in one-day internationals. Spinner Harbhajan Singh had slapped him after one of the matches of the Indian Premier League.

“He loves his game more than anything else. I love to see a roaring out swinger from him,” said his wife Bhuvanesh Kumari.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricke...ep9wBchDM.html

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No thanks.. But with aggressive machos like Kohli and Shastri at the helm.. you never know with their urge to pump in more and more AGGRESSION into the team.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thought he became some right-wing politician, or did I miss something?

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Thought he became some right-wing politician, or did I miss something?
    Failed at politics I think. Back to cricket.

May be he can play some leagues and make some money now. Will not get a sniff at the Indian Cricket team. Too much competition there.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Failed at politics I think. Back to cricket.

May be he can play some leagues and make some money now. Will not get a sniff at the Indian Cricket team. Too much competition there.
    Hmm. Maybe he'll get a chance at the IPL again?

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sreesanth believes in CWC miracle after life ban lifted

New Delhi - Indian pace bowler Shanthakumaran Sreesanth said on Tuesday he was dreaming of playing in the 2019 World Cup after a court lifted a life ban imposed over a match-fixing scandal.

The 34-year-old knows he faces a tough battle after four years in the wilderness, but he said he was inspired by the successful comeback of Pakistan's Mohammad Amir from a fixing ban.

The Kerala state high court lifted Sreesanth's ban on Monday, saying the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) had not proved his role in the 2013 Indian Premier League (IPL) scandal.

Sreesanth said his first target would be to play games for Glenrothes in the Scottish league, and then Kerala state, as he bids to fight back into the Indian team.

"My dream is to play 2019 World Cup for India," Sreesanth told The Times of India in an interview.

"But I know it is next to impossible and it would be a miracle if I play in that World Cup. But I have always believed that miracles can happen.

"There might be stiff competition for fast bowlers' spots now. But there was competition even when I made my way into the Indian team.

"I have always felt that competition gets the best out of me. I just hope that I can do justice to my talent on my comeback."

The BCCI has not made any comment on the ruling. It could appeal to a national court, or accept the verdict and let Sreesanth return.

The 2013 IPL season was mired in controversy after police launched legal proceedings against several officials and three Rajasthan Royals players, including Sreesanth, for illegal betting and spot-fixing.

All three were cleared of spot-fixing charges by a New Delhi court in 2015, but Sreesanth's life ban by the BCCI remained in place until Monday's ruling.

Sreesanth, who was 13 short of 100 Test wickets when he was banned, said he was optimistic of being given official approval to play.

"Today I'm feeling much better than how I felt when I got my maiden call-up to the Indian team," said Sreesanth, who was banned with fellow Rajasthan Royals players Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan.

"It is a new life for me. Even the biggest of criminals don't go through what I or my family went through.

"A small incident was portrayed in the wrong way in front of the world. Maybe that's how the world works, I don't know."

He highlighted the case of Pakistani bowler Amir, who was found guilty of match-fixing in court and banned for five years in 2011.

Amir made an early return in 2015 and helped Pakistan beat India in the Champions Trophy final in June.

"I just hope that happens in my career too," said Sreesanth.

While Sreesanth had denied any role in the IPL match-fixing, the Kerala court said he had been a victim of his own silence in not defending himself at the time.

"Complacency in the matter on the part of Sreesanth is really condemnable," said the judge in his ruling.

"To uphold the dignity of the game, he should have publicly disapproved (of) the conduct of Jiju Janardanan, especially when his name was dragged into the controversy."

Janardanan was a friend of Sreesanth who was accused of acting as a link between the players and illegal bookies.

"Anyhow, having suffered a ban now almost for four years, nothing further is required in this matter," the court concluded.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Cricket/sre...ifted-20170808

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No please keep him far away from Indian cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The BCCI doesn't need to lift the ban. Just never select him for national duties. I have never despised any Indian player more than this dancing clown. Not due to his performances, but due to his shameful antics which time and again embarrassed me as a fan. One of the best things Harbhajan did was to slap the taste out of his mouth.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    The Beefcake Bakery
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1040 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah. There's no doubt that Amir is definitely a role model for all of the fixers (and future ones) around the world.

Overthinking will kill you.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    This lad was a decent bowler.

I remember seeing some fine spells from him and he bowled a very good leg-cutter.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    No please keep him far away from Indian cricket.
    He isn't getting close to the team even if he gets unbanned.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difference was that Amir is talented and Sreesanth isn't. Plus India have better fast bowlers ahead of him like Bhuvi, Shami, Bumrah, Pandya even.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proactive_ View Post
    No thanks.. But with aggressive machos like Kohli and Shastri at the helm.. you never know with their urge to pump in more and more AGGRESSION into the team.
    You savage!

Aggressiveness all around!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be surprised if he made a comeback at his age. Was never anything special to begin with even by mediocre Indian standards. Play the IPL and make lots of money!

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hoping Sreesanth comes back into the Indian team, especially with South Africa series coming up. Sreesanth has a good record against South Africa and will be needed there

Always knew that Sreesanth wasn't a fixer

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sreesanth is history. I hope he is not even selected to play IPL.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another overrated Indian pacer who came up with a bang and went down with a whimper.
    Even if he wasn't banned he would have been sitting home by now.

But then again a bowling average in the mid 30's is usually considered good in India so you never know
    Last edited by KhalidRafi; 9th August 2017 at 14:29.

Now that you feel it, you don't

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amit View Post
    Hoping Sreesanth comes back into the Indian team, especially with South Africa series coming up. Sreesanth has a good record against South Africa and will be needed there

Always knew that Sreesanth wasn't a fixer
    Apkay Munh mein Ghee Shakar mere dost. Allah karay Shreeshant Indian team mein wapis Aa jaye.

I will be praying for his successful return brother.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difference is he is 34.Hasn't played any cricket for the last few years.How can he come back?

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Thanks.............

"You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI will not allow any player from any level with any history of fixing near the Indian team,these kind of things won't be possible in India

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    BCCI will not allow any player from any level with any history of fixing near the Indian team,these kind of things won't be possible in India
    BCCI may be seen evil empire by many, but to me they have also done wonderful job keeping the fishy characters away from game. No fixer should be ever allowed to wear Indian jersey.
    Even if official ban is lifted, Im pretty sure unofficial ban will stay as it is. He will remain unsold in IPL auctions as no franchise would wanna **** off the BCCI and selectors simply would not select him for Indian squad. Apart from representing India, he wont be getting NOC to play leagues around the world.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Difference was that Amir is talented and Sreesanth isn't. Plus India have better fast bowlers ahead of him like Bhuvi, Shami, Bumrah, Pandya even.
    Actually no. Difference is BCCI and PCB.

BCCI gives much importance to reputation. Azharuddin was banned when he was an integral part of the team. Till date, he's one of the best batsman to play against spin.

I don't think any other board has succumb like PCB did.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BCCI usually doesn't give fixers a second chance, even if they are acquitted by the courts.

Both Azharuddin and Ajay Jadeja had their bans overturned but never wore India colours again. Sreesanth also will not.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post

BCCI gives much importance to reputation. Azharuddin was banned when he was an integral part of the team. Till date, he's one of the best batsman to play against spin.

Azharuddin was 37 when he was banned. He was looking for a pay-cheque in my opinion. Amir was 18 when he committed his crime.

I think any other board would be crazy not to waste young talent.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azharuddin was 37 when he was banned. He was looking for a pay-cheque in my opinion. Amir was 18 when he committed his crime.

BCCI never gives second chance to convicted fixer, talented or not, young or not. Im not saying PCB is wrong in bringing back Amir, it just BCCI would never do that.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI never gives second chance to convicted fixer, talented or not, young or not. Im not saying PCB is wrong in bringing back Amir, it just BCCI would never do that.
    And I'm saying boards in general wouldn't invest in old/average players, especially when they won't break into the first XI. As is the case with Sreesanth and Azharuddin, regardless if it's BCCI or not.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm saying boards in general wouldn't invest in old/average players, especially when they won't break into the first XI. As is the case with Sreesanth and Azharuddin, regardless if it's BCCI or not.
    You're missing the point. Most boards would educate and protect the players from wrong doings. For instance BCCI invested heavily in Kohli at young age( since u19 days) and helped him achieve his potential. If Kohli was caught fixing im pretty sure BCCI would've banned him for life, otherwise Players who recieved life ban would drag BCCI to court for favourtism. Hope you get my point, BCCI will so same regardless of caliber of player, to avoid getting tangled in law suit.

You're only assuming that BCCI would bring Amir back to Indian team if he was Indian, and i think otherwise based on history and possible legal issues.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

S Sreesanth ban: BCCI to approach Kerala High Court against its order

Former India speedster S Sreesanth's wait to return to mainstream cricket might get longer after the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) decided to approach the Kerala High Court against its order to revoke lifetime ban on the cricketer.

This has come as a setback to the fast bowler, who is contemplating a return to first class cricket before targetting a comeback into Team India by 2018.

The road back to cricket may not be smooth for this 34-year-old as he has not played top-flight cricket ever since he was arrested by the Delhi police in Mumbai on the night of May 16, 2013 for his alleged involvement in spot-fixing during the Indian Premier League.

Sreesanth, who has played 27 Tests, 53 ODIs and 10 T20Is, including the World Cup final in 2011 and World T20 2007 final, had approached the HC after his earlier acquittal by Delhi sessions court claiming that "his career was getting ruined due to the ban".

This has come on a day the chairman of Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (COA), Vinod Rai, appeared to have come prepared to clear all the dues of former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin citing the orders of Andhra High Court.

DNA has reliably learnt that the BCCI officials told Rai that the decision to ban Azharuddin for life was ratified in the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and it would be appropriate to discuss the said matter only during the course of next AGM, which may happen in September.

The plea was that this is board's internal matter and COA has no right to overturn the penalty imposed by BCCI's Disciplinary Committee.

"If Azhar's dues are cleared then all other tainted players will come back into the cricket fold as there is no law in India to punish them so far," said a BCCI official.

"The cases worldwide ó from Pakistan to England to South Africa ó in this regard were only followed by respective board's internal procedures and not by any court of law," added the official.

"The case of Pakistani speedster Mohammed Amir is one such example where Pakistan Cricket Board was the one to decide on his suspension and then rehabilitation. The court of law in England or in Pakistan never passed any instructions in this regard."

BCCI has maintained that it would not allow any tainted cricketer to comeback into its fold.

Earlier, former cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar questioned BCCI's preparedness in letting in those cricketers whose bans have been lifted by courts.

Manjrekar tweeted, "If BCCI had a strong case to ban cricketers for match-fixing, surely they must have a strong case to challenge the lifting of bans".

Even the Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) has said that "it will not act in any haste in bringing Sreesanth back into the state team".

http://www.dnaindia.com/sports/repor...ach-hc-2525013

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He won't play IPL or international cricket again.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1326 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Sreesanth Back On Cricket Field After Four Years

As the country celebrated its 71st Independence Day on Tuesday, former Indian speedster S. Sreesanth took to a cricket field for the first time in four years as he led a team in an exhibition match here. The exhibition match was played at the ground where he first plied his trade and was cheered by a sizeable crowd. Members from the two teams presented roses to Sreesanth when he stepped on to the field. The pacer got a huge relief on August 7 when the Kerala High Court lifted the life ban imposed on him by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).

Sreesanth had approached the court last year after the BCCI failed to revoke the life ban though he was exonerated by a Delhi court of the charge of involvement in a spot-fixing scandal, which marred the Indian Premier League in 2013.

Sreesanth had to cool his heels in Tihar Central Jail in Delhi in May 2013 in connection with the case. He was arrested by Delhi Police in Mumbai on May 17 that year along with former Rajasthan Royals teammates Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan.

The BCCI's disciplinary committee, headed by present Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, had slapped a life-time ban on Sreesanth and Chavan on September 13, 2013.

On Tuesday, Sreesanth led the Playback Singers XI who took on a team of the Producers XI. He opened the batting and had a good outing with the bat.

"I am really happy that I am back and I am beginning my return from the same ground where it all began. Now from here, I want to reach Thiruvananthapuram and from there upwards and back to the Indian team," said Sreesanth, who also as chief guest unfurled the Indian Tricolour at the club.

Following the ban by the BCCI, he was not allowed entry to a cricket field in all levels of cricket besides even being prevented him from attending practice sessions.

Even though Kerala High Court has lifted the ban, the BCCI has decided to appeal against the single bench verdict.

In 2015, the pacer, along with Chandila and Chavan, was exonerated by a Delhi court in the case registered by Delhi Police which invoked the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) to try him.

Sreesanth is the second Keralite to represent the Indian national cricket team. During his brief career, he has played in 27 Tests taking 87 wickets, and picked up 75 scalps from 53 One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and seven wickets from 10 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).

https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/s-sr...-years-1737974

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    All fixers will be inspired by Amir.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even if sresanth was as talented like amir or akram which he is not...Bcci will never select fixing tainted players . It's different that as per court orders ban may be lifted but courts can't influence selection in team.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this match fixer is never selected again.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But BCCI won't be inspired by PCB. So no chance.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No room for him in any format and he's no Amir. Or even a Wahab.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthanded View Post
    No room for him in any format and he's no Amir. Or even a Wahab.
    A tainted character won't be allowed back by the BCCI even if he were Glenn McGrath, unlike the PCB of course.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasnít arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at these Indians missing no opportunity to keep attacking Amir.

If you don't want Sreesanth back that's fine - that your choice.

We the Pak fans (vast majority) wanted Amir back after he served his sentence and rehabilitation and he paid his due back with his epic performance on June 18th - a day that will forever scar bitter Indian fans.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    Look at these Indians missing no opportunity to keep attacking Amir.

If you don't want Sreesanth back that's fine - that your choice.

We the Pak fans (vast majority) wanted Amir back after he served his sentence and rehabilitation and he paid his due back with his epic performance on June 18th - a day that will forever scar bitter Indian fans.
    Depends on perspective.

I'll prefer to lose with honest cricketers rather than win with players who are tainted from past.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on perspective.

I'll prefer to lose with honest cricketers rather than win with players who are tainted from past.
    That's fine. You can have the "the best morals" tag.

Fact is the majority of Pak fans had no problem and even the commentators and pundits alike at the Champions trophy had no problem with him.

He is now being loved at his Essex club - infact the local Essex fans have voted to name him their player of the month for July.

Point being give it a rest regarding the bitterness towards the guy - it's getting tiresome.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any cricketer should be allowed back after he has served his time. If their crime was big, they should have been banned for life. But if rules banned them temporarily then they should have the right to be back like other citizens. Good luck to Sreesanth.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Any cricketer should be allowed back after he has served his time. If their crime was big, they should have been banned for life. But if rules banned them temporarily then they should have the right to be back like other citizens. Good luck to Sreesanth.
    People should be forgiven and given second to make mends. However, should never be allowed to represent country ever again. He/she needs to find alternate employment. Representing ur nation is a priveledge and not some birth rights.
    Im glad BCCI have no mercy for fixers and should impose life ban even if its player like Kohli so be it.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    People should be forgiven and given second to make mends. However, should never be allowed to represent country ever again. He/she needs to find alternate employment. Representing ur nation is a priveledge and not some birth rights.
    Im glad BCCI have no mercy for fixers and should impose life ban even if its player like Kohli so be it.
    Yes but then make a rule/law for it. Shouldnt be based on mine on your wish. If laws bans him temporarily then so be it. He should be allowed. If you dont like it, strive to change the law, file petitions but they cant ban or unban someone on people's wish. There are millions of people in a country with different perspectives. Cant listen to everyone.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes because banning the 37 year old Azharuddin is the same thing as handing a life ban to a 17- year old Amir. Do you honestly believe that if Amir was indian, they wouldn't have selected him after his ban was over?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    Yes because banning the 37 year old Azharuddin is the same thing as handing a life ban to a 17- year old Amir. Do you honestly believe that if Amir was indian, they wouldn't have selected him after his ban was over?
    Im certain if Amir was Indian he would've been history. Read the article above, BCCI states the possibility of legal issues if Sreesanth banned is reverse.

Until an Amir like incident happens with an Indian player, it is just mere speculation to say BCCI would call back.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Yes but then make a rule/law for it. Shouldnt be based on mine on your wish. If laws bans him temporarily then so be it. He should be allowed. If you dont like it, strive to change the law, file petitions but they cant ban or unban someone on people's wish. There are millions of people in a country with different perspectives. Cant listen to everyone.
    Unfortunately, there is no universal law in regards to spot/match fixer. Every board/country follow their own set of guidelines. PCB/Pakistani laws allowed Amir to be back, and i've no problem with it. In case with BCCI, they follow their own rules which is no second chance and again i also respect that decision because like i mentioned representing a country isnt a right but a priveledge. So, until and unless ICC forms and enforce an universal rules/laws for fixing related issues, we would've such mix views among fans.

With your last sentence, to change laws, well my country already enforce the perm bans and i like to see fixer(Indian) to never ever wear the blue jersey again even if he is Kohli or Some unknown player. Banned them all if they commit the crime.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    A tainted character won't be allowed back by the BCCI even if he were Glenn McGrath, unlike the PCB of course.
    The same BCCI that is so corrupt, that the Indian Supreme Court has had to step in? The board that's been fighting the highest court of law in the land and claiming that the SC isn't lawful?

I guess the only criminals and tainted characters BCCI allows, are people like Srinivasan, Thakur etc. And are only removed when the SC loses patience.

The way I see it, PCB is tied with WICB for being the worst cricketing board...

...but you know glass houses and chucking stones?

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefthanded View Post
    The same BCCI that is so corrupt, that the Indian Supreme Court has had to step in? The board that's been fighting the highest court of law in the land and claiming that the SC isn't lawful?

I guess the only criminals and tainted characters BCCI allows, are people like Srinivasan, Thakur etc. And are only removed when the SC loses patience.

The way I see it, PCB is tied with WICB for being the worst cricketing board...

...but you know glass houses and chucking stones?
    Errr .... I was speaking of not allowing tainted characters in the team. It wasn't too hard to figure that out from my post, was it? Or maybe it indeed was for you. Has the BCCI ever allowed any tainted character to come back to the national team? Not every board is like the PCB that would welcome match fixers back with open arms and shower them with rose petals.

And the reason the Supreme Court stepped in is to ensure the betterment of Indian cricket, to make the BCCI focus on Indian cricket more rather than on money. If it were not for the COA, the BCCI would have withdrawn from the Champions Trophy. While it may have made the ICC bow down to their demands, withdrawing from a global tournament certainly wouldn't have ensured good for Indian cricket. And it's reasons like these why the COA was formed.
    Last edited by Hitman; 23rd August 2017 at 19:44.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amir was a super talent when he got banned. He was able to make a comeback successfully.

Sreesanth on the other hand is just an ordinary bowler to begin with. No chance for him.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    East Coast, US.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Errr .... I was speaking of not allowing tainted characters in the team. It wasn't too hard to figure that out from my post, was it? Or maybe it indeed was for you. Has the BCCI ever allowed any tainted character to come back to the national team? Not every board is like the PCB that would welcome match fixers back with open arms and shower them with rose petals.

And the reason the Supreme Court stepped in is to ensure the betterment of Indian cricket, to make the BCCI focus on Indian cricket more rather than on money. If it were not for the COA, the BCCI would have withdrawn from the Champions Trophy. While it may have made the ICC bow down to their demands, withdrawing from a global tournament certainly wouldn't have ensured good for Indian cricket. And it's reasons like these why the COA was formed.
    Personal insults aside, anyone can isolate one kind of corruption to prop up some nationalistic moralism. Easy to do that and count one kind of corruption, and pretend the other kind doesn't count. when it's also about the same board.

And it's stunning how you turn to the same reflex to avoid the reality of what's happenimg with the BCCI.

Good luck.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Im certain if Amir was Indian he would've been history. Read the article above, BCCI states the possibility of legal issues if Sreesanth banned is reverse.

Until an Amir like incident happens with an Indian player, it is just mere speculation to say BCCI would call back.
    BCCI is calling back 2 IPL franchises after their ban is over. Why have they not banned those 2 franchises permanently?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    BCCI is calling back 2 IPL franchises after their ban is over. Why have they not banned those 2 franchises permanently?
    Agreed. The quantum of punishment should match the crime. Amir served his time and has come out as a better cricketer. Win for cricket. Sreeshanth can't have a better role model.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    You're mixing an indiviual with an franchise(organisation). The previous owners are banned from IPL (if im not wrong) and franchise will be sold to different owner(s). RR and CSK have become a brand to which IPL want to continue. Fans wouldnt care if the CSK is still own by India cements or anyone else, their loyalty is towards the brand(team) and not the owner.
    Hope you get the differences. Plus teams were banned because of owners were caught betting and not fixing related issues.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...e-ban-4849814/

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has filed an appeal in Kerala High Court against lifting of lifetime ban against S Sreesanth. The Board further said that the High Court’s decision was contrary to the existing norms.

As per news agency ANI, BCCI has questioned Kerala HC’s previous judgement which came as a relief to the seamer in an attempt at playing cricket after a lengthy time out.

He had been charged for match fixing during the seventh edition of the IPL but was cleared by invesigating Delhi Police and then the court.

However, BCCI continued to stick to its stand and on its banned status of player from Kerala who is now an MLA and also been part of a movie.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No way to comeback at this age after missing action for 2 years. Even IPL chance appears bleak. Not sure whether he was a fixer or not. But if he was one, he was unfortunate enough to get caught.
    Last edited by hadi123; 19th September 2017 at 16:55.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No plz...

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sreesanth Interview claims other accused players have gotten away

He presents his view which apart from claiming innocence expresses disappointment regarding the lack of support from senior players like Dhoni, Dravid and Tendulkar. He also claims that international players left the tournament midway through citing personal reasons when they felt the heat.

Guess, this is one of those interviews where each viewer will form his own judgement and opinion, but a good watch nevertheless.
    Last edited by pillionrider; 6th November 2017 at 20:01.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully BCCI keep him banned from all cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. Can't compare Azhar/Amir's case but it is also true that the tolerance BCCI/ECB or any other top boards have shown towards fixing is a permanent ban.

No matter how talented you are, you decided to throw it all away the moment you crossed the line. There can be tons of reasons why he had to do it etc. Doesn't matter.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are fixers, one fixed his country's games the other did IPL games, The former got warm welcome and the latter got thrashed around.One similarity though: Both are useless

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    indian bowler inspired by Pakistani bowler, makes sense

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lehen View Post
    Both are fixers, one fixed his country's games the other did IPL games, The former got warm welcome and the latter got thrashed around.One similarity though: Both are useless
    If your definition of useless is a match-winning performance in an ICC Tournament Final, than you need to lower your standards.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/b...-khanna-683835

Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president CK Khanna on Monday said that the board’s legal team would study the Supreme Court’s order in former Indian pacer S Sreesanth‘s life ban case and submit reply thereafter.

The Supreme Court had given a four-week deadline to BCCI to file their reply in response.

Sreesanth was slapped with a life ban by the BCCI for his alleged role in spot-fixing.

Earlier in day, the Supreme Court had given a four-week deadline to BCCI to file their reply in response to the petition filed by Sreesanth against his life ban by the board in connection with the 2013 Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing scandal.

Talking to ANI following the order, CK Khanna said, “Our legal team will study the order after getting it and submit its report to us for our future course of action.”

Last week, Sreesanth had moved to the Supreme Court challenging the Kerala High Court’s order in October wherein the fast bowler was asked to stay away from all cricket activity conducted by the BCCI.

Sreesanth was slapped with a life ban by the BCCI for his alleged role in spot-fixing while playing for Rajasthan Royals during the IPL in 2013.

A single-judge bench of the Kerala High Court had earlier passed an order that the bowler’s life-ban be lifted but a division bench of the Kerala High Court upheld the life time ban imposed by the BCCI on Sreesanth.

Allowing the appeal filed by the BCCI, the division bench headed by Chief Justice held that there is no violation of natural justice against the cricketer and quashed the single bench order in Sreesanth’s favour.
    Last edited by MenInG; 10th August 2018 at 16:20.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1806 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    789 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Not trying to be a hater, but that action does not even remotely look clean.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First get involved in corruption, then cry a river proclaiming your innocence.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First get involved in corruption, then cry a river proclaiming your innocence.
    Didnt the court acquit him just like Narendra Modi?

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingolfy View Post
    Didnt the court acquit him just like Narendra Modi?

Inconvenient facts are a taboo my friend

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    There is no doubt that Amir is a great role model for all the corrupt, crook and fraud cricketers around the world, and if you are any of those then PCB is the ideal board to play cricket for because they will welcome you with open arms, but unfortunately for Sreesanth, BCCI has more shame and better morals than the PCB.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There is no doubt that Amir is a great role model for all the corrupt, crook and fraud cricketers around the world, and if you are any of those then PCB is the ideal board to play cricket for because they will welcome you with open arms, but unfortunately for Sreesanth, BCCI has more shame and better morals than the PCB.
    Weird how India let convicted fixers join Parliament

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    Weird how India let convicted fixers join Parliament
    Which has nothing to do with BCCI and their zero tolerance as far as giving match-fixers a second chance is concerned.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which has nothing to do with BCCI and their zero tolerance as far as giving match-fixers a second chance is concerned.
    https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/op...120321010.html

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Match-fixing mafia in India and the numerous bookies do not imply that the players are playing for India are involved in match-fixing.

Please provide a list of players who are playing for India in spite of being convicted of match-fixing.

BCCI is not PCB. They donít give convicted fixers second chances.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Match-fixing mafia in India and the numerous bookies do not imply that the players are playing for India are involved in match-fixing.

Please provide a list of players who are playing for India in spite of being convicted of match-fixing.

BCCI is not PCB. They don’t give convicted fixers second chances.
    The CSK crowd.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The CSK crowd.
    They are not convicted and are not guilty.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are not convicted and are not guilty.
    Well, BCCI doesn't convict fixers, PCB does.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Well, BCCI doesn't convict fixers, PCB does.
    Yes, Sreesanth plays for PCB.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Sreesanth plays for PCB.
    Sreesanth already showed how racism against minorities meant he was the only one convicted

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea? What about Salman and Asif, Asif is still probably better than Amir.

To be role model one does not only need to be convicted of corruption.

But i see why you jumped on this thread quickly, again, without giving it a second thought.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sreesanth already showed how racism against minorities meant he was the only one convicted
    Yea, Sreesanth comes from the minority