Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 120 of 120
  1. #81
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,664
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Among the Indians, Ravi Shastri and Kris Srikkant.

    Surprising that no one has mentioned these two!
    True, both of them were vastly overrated.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  2. #82
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    1,067
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cook anderson and broad are all massively overrated

  3. #83
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,442
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kevin Pietersen
    Matthew Hayden
    AB De Villiers
    Hashim Amla
    David Warner
    VVS Laxman

  4. #84
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    3,039
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    overrated players from each team currently

    1. the whole english team
    2. faf du plessis
    3. the t20 mercenaries from west indies - the gayles, bravos, pollards, narines, samuels etc..
    4. jaspreet bumrah
    5. warner
    6. southee
    7. rashid khan from afghanistan

    no one in srilanka is rated, so is the case with pakistan and even though bangladeshi supporters will think that their's is the team, nada.

    historically it has to be one of the two batsmen who are considered as world beaters and supreme lord commanders of planet earth. one played one team. the other surfed on a really massive tide. they aren't horrible, maybe even the best but if aliens take on us in an intergalactical cricket match in an alternate universe, there will be better batsmen than both of them who can make the top 6.


    sawaal ye ni k ap ko kyun nikaala, sawaal ye k ap aaye kaisay.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,042
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli
    Joe Root
    Sachin Tendulkar
    Shakib Al Hassan
    Ashwin
    Adil Rashid
    Chandimal
    Ashley Giles

  6. #86
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,564
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Well, even Wasim was not better than Donald, McGrath and Ambrose. So not being among the top 3 is a function of competition and can't be the sole criterion of judging some one as ATG.
    All formats combined

  7. #87
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,564
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    I also think KP and Gilchrist are overrated.

    Good stats but not ATG level by any means yet they still find themselves in many World XI and Best XI teams for some reason.
    Gilchrist and overrated? 9K runs at almost 100 SR in ODIs and he averaged 50+ in tests in the majority of his career. He is anything but overrated considering he always played as a keeper.

    He is neck to neck with Sobers for the most utility player in the history of Cricket.

  8. #88
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    18,240
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    All formats combined
    If all formats combined and being among the top 3 is criterion then in 90s you did have more than 3 ATG bowlers even excluding Waqar. Being among the top 3 may work fine in most decades, but some time you can have 4-5 gun bowlers who may go down as ATGs.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  9. #89
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,456
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Waqar Younis
    Anil Kumble
    James Anderson

    None of them is an ATG nor even among top 3 bowlers in their playing days.
    Comparing Waqar with Anderson and Kumble.

  10. #90
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,386
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mathew Hayden
    Masrafe Mortaza
    Alan Donald
    Kumar Sangakkarra
    Kevin Pietersen
    Anil Kumble

  11. #91
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,456
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Well, even Wasim was not better than Donald, McGrath and Ambrose. So not being among the top 3 is a function of competition and can't be the sole criterion of judging some one as ATG.
    Wasim is usually found in every expert's dream team because he had crazy bowling skills and he was a good batsman down the order. Even if we consider his bowling skills were atleast equal if not more than Donald and McGrath, he was a bowling allrounder and thus umatched in his era as a player. Donald and Mcgrath both were ducks with the bat. So Wasim is gonna be in everones dream XI.

    With respect to Waqar, I agree definitely he is an ATG.
    Last edited by Titan24; 11th August 2017 at 03:56.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    1,456
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be we can share few names that were rated pretty highly but never fulfilled the expectations. For me the first name would be:

    Mohammad Sami (Rated very highly by experts initially)

  13. #93
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    9,943
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Mathew Hayden
    Masrafe Mortaza
    Alan Donald
    Kumar Sangakkarra
    Kevin Pietersen
    Anil Kumble
    Mathew Hayden is underrated if anything, especially on this forum.


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  14. #94
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    9,386
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Mathew Hayden is underrated if anything, especially on this forum.
    To be known as a great aggressive opener in ODIs, and have a strike rate of 78 would be enough for me to consider him overrated.

    For example, Sanath has a SR of 91.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    9,943
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    To be known as a great aggressive opener in ODIs, and have a strike rate of 78 would be enough for me to consider him overrated.

    For example, Sanath has a SR of 91.
    Different era as he started playing in 1993, yet in 2007 he was the best batsman of the world cup and highest scorer iirc, and am not comparing him to Sanath.

    And not many Aussie batsmen can go down to India and return back with good performances in tests, so there is that too.
    Last edited by Suleiman; 11th August 2017 at 04:14.


    Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    729
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    overrated players from each team currently

    1. the whole english team
    2. faf du plessis
    3. the t20 mercenaries from west indies - the gayles, bravos, pollards, narines, samuels etc..
    4. jaspreet bumrah
    5. warner
    6. southee
    7. rashid khan from afghanistan

    no one in srilanka is rated, so is the case with pakistan and even though bangladeshi supporters will think that their's is the team, nada.

    historically it has to be one of the two batsmen who are considered as world beaters and supreme lord commanders of planet earth. one played one team. the other surfed on a really massive tide. they aren't horrible, maybe even the best but if aliens take on us in an intergalactical cricket match in an alternate universe, there will be better batsmen than both of them who can make the top 6.
    Too harsh to call rashid khan overrated,he has done fairly well whenever he gets chances.The lad walk into an ipl playing eleven from nowhere and played for a whole season.Actually he isn't rated well imo,if he was from any other top cricketing nation his stature would have been much more higher

  17. #97
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    22,012
    Mentioned
    2526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Jack Hobbs for mine. Now I'm not at all denying his greatness but I think he's way overrated by a lot of people who haven't even seen him play. Not exactly sure what the deal is there.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    345
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Jack Hobbs for mine. Now I'm not at all denying his greatness but I think he's way overrated by a lot of people who haven't even seen him play. Not exactly sure what the deal is there.
    I'm with you on this.

    Look at this video of Hobbs and Sutcliffe batting. Now I know that the cameras were low tech and slowed down the action a bit. But the technique still looks dodgy!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNYPhfJW5Eg

  19. #99
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    18,240
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Wasim is usually found in every expert's dream team because he had crazy bowling skills and he was a good batsman down the order. Even if we consider his bowling skills were atleast equal if not more than Donald and McGrath, he was a bowling allrounder and thus umatched in his era as a player. Donald and Mcgrath both were ducks with the bat. So Wasim is gonna be in everones dream XI.

    With respect to Waqar, I agree definitely he is an ATG.
    No Wasim clearly had more skills, but he performed lower than the likes of Mcgrath, Ambrose etc. That's the reason he was never ranked as 1 in test bowling. As far as making it in all time XI goes, main reason is being comparable and then being a left hander. That brings variety. It's just not about putting best 4 bowlers.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  20. #100
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    23,042
    Mentioned
    4256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Jack Hobbs for mine. Now I'm not at all denying his greatness but I think he's way overrated by a lot of people who haven't even seen him play. Not exactly sure what the deal is there.
    Don't overlook his PPCL record, shame on you!


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  21. #101
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has to be Rohit Sharma top of the list. Takes advantage of flat tracks (agree even against good teams) but is a true definition of "Flat track bully". Walking wicket when the ball moves. Cant believe he still gets selected as India's 6th batsman in test. Its comical that India will play 6th batsman only when the conditions will be "not flat" and Rohit Sharma will be the 6th batsman

  22. #102
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah ul haq, he always wastes balls and plays odi like test. He also scores all of half centuries by wasting balls. He also lost the t20 world cup 2007 for us and the 2011 world cup for us. Thank god he retired

  23. #103
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    730
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB De Villiers at test cricket. Obviously one of the all-time greats at limited overs.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,564
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Comparing Waqar with Anderson and Kumble.
    Why not? Both of them have more test wickets than Waqar.

  25. #105
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,564
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    If all formats combined and being among the top 3 is criterion then in 90s you did have more than 3 ATG bowlers even excluding Waqar. Being among the top 3 may work fine in most decades, but some time you can have 4-5 gun bowlers who may go down as ATGs.
    My post was regarding overrating Waqar. The majority of Pakistani fans rate him above the likes of McGrath, Steyn, and Ambrose which is ridiculous when he was not even among the top 3 bowlers ever in his career.

  26. #106
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    18,240
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    My post was regarding overrating Waqar. The majority of Pakistani fans rate him above the likes of McGrath, Steyn, and Ambrose which is ridiculous when he was not even among the top 3 bowlers ever in his career.
    He comfortably below those bowlers.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  27. #107
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,981
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The stats don't matter for the English. A good performance or two against Australia alone ensures that they're put up on a pedestal and offered a Knighthood.

  28. #108
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,085
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhoni.

  29. #109
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    465
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hobbs isn't overrated he's a pioneer in cricket started playing in 1900s until 1930 and his longevity in FC cricket is admired he has an old fashioned technique because of his era.
    Headley is overrated cashed in against weak English and Australian bowling attacks at home missing frontline bowlers. In Australia he averaged 37 when he toured against a full strength team.
    Sutcliffe is overrated used the old lbw to full effect before the new laws found him out to an extent.

  30. #110
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    22,012
    Mentioned
    2526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Don't overlook his PPCL record, shame on you!
    Even @London_Lahori of all ppl managed to pile on the runs in PPCL. Now we all know how that worked out

  31. #111
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    29,563
    Mentioned
    4739 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SL_Fan View Post
    Even @London_Lahori of all ppl managed to pile on the runs in PPCL. Now we all know how that worked out
    Run machine, remember how I used to deposit Shaz over the ropes over and over again?

  32. #112
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,664
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Why not? Both of them have more test wickets than Waqar.
    Even Michael Atherton has more Test runs than Don Bradman


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  33. #113
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    721
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say barry richards.

    Never have i seen anybody that played just his debut series (four test matches) and then hyped to the moon after that as some wonder kid.

  34. #114
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Venue
    Washington Dc
    Runs
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdulm123 View Post
    Misbah ul haq, he always wastes balls and plays odi like test. He also scores all of half centuries by wasting balls. He also lost the t20 world cup 2007 for us and the 2011 world cup for us. Thank god he retired
    Misbah ul Haq and Shahid Afridi since Shahid afridi had a horrific batting average and had no batting talent. He is only known as a "legend" because of stupid Pakistan fans overhyping him

  35. #115
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,564
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Even Michael Atherton has more Test runs than Don Bradman
    After how many tests?

  36. #116
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    4,664
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    After how many tests?
    And how many Tests both Kumble and Anderson have played more than Waqar?


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  37. #117
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umar akmal


    The debt we owe to play of imagination is incalculable - Carl Gustav Jung

  38. #118
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,593
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tauseef_mahmood View Post
    umar akmal
    here u go brother...
    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ge-against-him


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  39. #119
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    5,564
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    And how many Tests both Kumble and Anderson have played more than Waqar?
    Compare the wickets taken after playing the same number of tests.

  40. #120
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    22,012
    Mentioned
    2526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by London_Lahori View Post
    Run machine, remember how I used to deposit Shaz over the ropes over and over again?
    To be fair to @shaz619 tho growing up having @I Believe in the Teesra as his bowling coach the kid didn't stand much of a chance did he

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •