Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trigger Movements and Balance

I play hard ball cricket for a club in Asia. after a couple of sessions i realized I was really slow onto the ball and had very minimal feet movement. I then started to use the back and across trigger movement (more of a only across movement).
    It really helped with my batting as i scored lots of runs in the following few matches. I'm now confused as to go to BACK AND ACROSS as the pros do, or stick with my own technique which is ACROSS

I've also had a problem where i don't have balance in my shots. Its not because of the trigger movement because I've tried to stand still and play the shots but i keep falling over. I'm not sure if its because my head is falling over or if I'm on my toes while playing shots.

Please feel free to comment what you believe will help me as a cricketer

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Head position and stillness of head is more important.
    I go back and across as it helps me know where my off stump is and I'm strong of the legs, it also gives u a bit more time to pick up length if u go back and across and it's good to move into the ball.
    However like I said if ur head is still and doesn't fall over u can still play well

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    The Outlawz
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I would advise you to ask someone to bowl some slow throw-downs for you, while you try to pick up the length and collect the ball with your hands - don't use a bat. Stand like a batsman, and collect the ball as if you are a keeper. It will help you with your footwork as you will be able to judge whether to go back or come front; also, you will get your head in the right place as you will have to watch the ball all the way into your hands.

I reckon it's the best for footwork and balance.

"Don't just raise the standard, be the standard."

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try and get someone to film you in the nets, hard to give any advice without knowing what you are doing wrong.