Instagram

The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Was PCB right in recalling players from CPL/NatWest T20 Blast/County Championship to play Nat T20?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 6.25%
  • No

42 87.50%
  • Not Sure!

3 6.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pakistani players to be recalled from CPL/NatWest T20 Blast/County Championship for National T20 Cup

Players return from CPL and county cricket assignments

LAHORE August 11:

Owing to the late finalisation and rescheduling of the ICC World 11 series to be played mid September, the PCB has been obliged to schedule its national T20 Cup to start end August and finish before the World series so that its national team can leave for UAE to play Sri Lanka starting 24th Sep. This has compelled PCB to call back centrally contracted players besides the ones in contention for selection for the World XI series next month from their ongoing Caribbean Premier League (CPL) and English county stints.

The centrally contracted players were given permission for participation in the CPL and English county season subject to recall if the World 11 series took place mid Sep. So they are being recalled owing to the changes in schedule brought about due to the change in the original World XI tour of Pakistan plan.

The series has been brought forward to end mid September instead of last week of September because the Punjab govt wants it to be held before the NA120 election on Sep 17. It cant be held after Sep 17 because there is no time to both hold the series and also give National Coach Mickey Arthur time for training his team before the series starts with Sri Lanka on Sep 24.

The players have been asked to report for a pre series fitness testing /training camp, as planned by the national team management and the National T20 tournament that starts in Multan on August 25.

The players have been asked to report to Micky Arthur, Head Coach at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) on August 22 for fitness and medical screening followed by participation in the national T20 tournament and preparatory camp under the supervision of Pakistan team management (For the World XI series in Lahore).

The National T20 tournament is scgeduled to start from August 25-September 10 with 3 day Eid break from September 1 to 3, 2017.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 11th August 2017 at 17:31.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolutely pathetic.

Pulling a league out their backside two weeks before the event and then asking players to miss out on valuable experience and financial incentives by forcing them to pull out of their contracts around the world.

The usual unorganised, unprofessional garbage by PCB

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about T20 premier leagues being garbage and the players should play for only country! Hypocrisy much?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the chances of Pakistani players getting county contracts in the future will be hurt because of stupid decisions like this.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid decision for so many reasons.

This is what you get when you have unelected Idiots running the PCB

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind players being recalled from the CPL but the likes of Amir and Zaman have FC cricket commitments with counties which will do a lot more good for their development than taking part in a fitness test and a random domestic T20 tournament.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Venue
    Srinagar;Jammu and Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is incompetence of highest order.Just when you thought PCB can't get any worse but here we go.

Scheduling a tournament and announcing it two weeks before is absolute madness,to put it midly.As a sports body of the country there has to be a proper calender as to when the season gets started and when it ends so that players can make their plans for the whole year.This is as basic as it gets and is the first step.But we are talking about PCB here so we shouldn't have PCB and logic in the same bracket.

Unfortunately what it also does is the counties/franchises feel reluctant to sign Pakistan players because they know incompetent PCB might arrange the last minute tournament and the players will be called back.I've heard about this a great deal and got to know that this is one of the reasons why Pakistani players aren't signed regularly.

I just hope with Sethi coming in he atleast starts from this.Having a proper cricketing calender for the whole season.This is a basic thing,basic thing you idiots at PCB.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    If they can make it standard, it's a welcome decision & I would expect PCB 'll call back PAK players from BPL as well, for more important FC games. Only negative consequence is that, next time such teams will be reserved hiring PAK players or they'll ask for assurance of participation. More than financials, it hurts their team strength at the business end.

PCB'll become laughing stalk once more, if they reverse the decision after players' pressure. There is another side effect, which PAK cricket has suffered most - losing at least half a dozen players for that, but let's see how they compensate players for that.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Now, do you realize, why my first point was a fixed domestic calendar, instead of this amateurish mercenary system? This'll not go well if next year Counties & T20 Franchises decides not to hire PAK players, or at most, they'll hire PAK players on Pay as you Play contract.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A huge hello to all those who championed Najam Sethi, get used to this sort of thing.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    stupid really this aint internationals or even psl. if boards did this for psl we'd understandably be annoyed so why can we do this with our own players? especially unfortunate for the cpl who gave become very used to having multiple pakistani players staring in their teams.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wonder why Pakistani players aren't much on the radars of counties around the globe.

With such an incompetent board and people running it at the helm, obviously franchises won't be looking towards Pakistan much going forward.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @cricketjoshila Is this not similar to the way PCB stopped players from an IPL which later led to no Pakistani players getting picked up in future?

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's a good decision. Players should not be allowed to play anywhere else during the local domestic season.
    Last year, when a dozen of Pakistan players were playing in BPL, Inzi was being criticized a lot to allow players to leave domestic cricket for leagues as there was no competition left in the domestic cricket. Inzi said that he won't give NOC to the players from next time during domestic season.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketerB94 View Post
    I think it's a good decision. Players should not be allowed to play anywhere else during the local domestic season.
    Last year, when a dozen of Pakistan players were playing in BPL, Inzi was being criticized a lot to allow players to leave domestic cricket for leagues as there was no competition left in the domestic cricket. Inzi said that he won't give NOC to the players from next time during domestic season.
    Pakistani players left the main FC tournament for BPL. That is an issue.

This National T20 Cup does not have the same degree of importance as the QEA Trophy. Not even close.

Plus, the manner in which this has been done is ridiculous and will give Pakistani players a bad rep. No league will want to sign them if the board is going to be randomly organising tournaments and calling back players on a whim.

If they planned on doing this beforehand, the CPL/County/T20 Blast organisers should have been told about this.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as the Pak players are doing really well in the CPL and Amir just took a 10fer, this happens. Im soooooo mad right now :@

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani players left the main FC tournament for BPL. That is an issue.

This National T20 Cup does not have the same degree of importance as the QEA Trophy. Not even close.

Plus, the manner in which this has been done is ridiculous and will give Pakistani players a bad rep. No league will want to sign them if the board is going to be randomly organising tournaments and calling back players on a whim.

If they planned on doing this beforehand, the CPL/County/T20 Blast organisers should have been told about this.
    When your domestic season is on you have to be at your premier duty i.e. playing for your country regardless of the format. This is necessary to keep the competition in domestic cricket and youngsters will learn from seniors, not their counterparts or the ones who are also struggling to make their way to international squad.
    Moreover, first and foremost, most of them are PCB contracted players and working for PCB should be most important thing for them. CPL and county contracts should be secondary for them.
    A player makes his reputation by his skills, not by pulling out from a league due to national duty. Morgan, Roy, Tamim, Shakib and many players left during PSL due to national duties and their reputation has not been effected for any of their respective franchise.
    And this had planned before the players left for CPL. I remember Micky said on the last day of high performance camp that they will start their camp for SL series on August 22 so I hope players knew about that and conveying this information to their respective franchises is player's duty, not of PCB.
    This is not a random tournament. I remember this tournament held last year as well at the end of August.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    When your domestic season is on you have to be at your premier duty i.e. playing for your country regardless of the format. This is necessary to keep the competition in domestic cricket and youngsters will learn from seniors, not their counterparts or the ones who are also struggling to make their way to international squad.
    Moreover, first and foremost, most of them are PCB contracted players and working for PCB should be most important thing for them. CPL and county contracts should be secondary for them.
    A player makes his reputation by his skills, not by pulling out from a league due to national duty. Morgan, Roy, Tamim, Shakib and many players left during PSL due to national duties and their reputation has not been effected for any of their respective franchise.
    And this had planned before the players left for CPL. I remember Micky said on the last day of high performance camp that they will start their camp for SL series on August 22 so I hope players knew about that and conveying this information to their respective franchises is player's duty, not of PCB.
    This is not a random tournament. I remember this tournament held last year as well at the end of August.
    Yes but this tournament is no where close to QEA in terms of importance.

Looking at the reaction from CPL, it seems very likely that the teams were not aware of this.

PSL teams knew that Bangladesh players would have to depart, but that was for international duty. Not a local tournament. IIRC.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but this tournament is no where close to QEA in terms of importance.

Looking at the reaction from CPL, it seems very likely that the teams were not aware of this.

PSL teams knew that Bangladesh players would have to depart, but that was for international duty. Not a local tournament. IIRC.
    This tournament is as important as QEA for any Pakistan player. In test matches, you can't bowl or bat like List A or T20 cricket and vice versa.
    Mostly, you use your variations in T20 matches. Think about younger players like Shaheen Shah or any other fast bowler who will play alongside or against Amir and Hasan Ali and learn some variations from them.
    In fact, this tournament should be more important than QEA for many players because PSL franchises will have an special eye on this tournament and the players, who perform well in this tournament can book their seats for UAE next February.
    If the teams were not aware of this then this is players fault. But I think there is still some time for the CPL franchises to arrange the replacements.
    CPL teams also know now and there are still 10 days to go so they can arrange replacements. This is also national duty. Players have to play national tournament and prepare for SL and World XI (if that happens) series.
    If our premier players are playing in foreign leagues then how will we be able to to see competition in domestics or how will a younger player be tested. Don't tell me that Rahat Ali and Anwar Ali will test a batsman more than Hasan Ali and Amir.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really poor decision in my opinion. More deleterious for future relations than anything. A list of other negative factors associated with this, but just a really bad decision.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Incredibly silly from the PCB.

Imagine if a board did this to them during the PSL.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second everything @Abdullah719 bhai has said.

This isn't a question of whether PCB should prioritise domestic over international leagues. That's a question for another time. The biggest problems with this are:

1. The very short notice (which relates to both the tournament dates and the decision to recall the players). There was also a lot of conflicting information as to who would be recalled (if at all), which caused further confusion.

2. The inconsistent message from the PCB- why is it okay to send players to BPL over QeA but call back players from CPL/T20 Blast/FC? (That's putting aside the fact the latter tournaments would be a better experience for the players).

3. This farce will lead to greater reluctance from such leagues to sign Pakistani players in the future, which will be detrimental.

The last minute nature of this news is very unprofessional. All of this could have been avoided if they had announced a draft schedule well in advance. I genuinely would like to hear the reasons why this isn't done.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Simply pathetic and idiotic from the pcb.

If CA and Aus players had issues, then it definitely won't be long until it reaches Pak cricket and steps like these will only cause more issues for future central contract signings.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    871 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    All pak players should boycott this garbage decision. If I was Amir I'd tell them to get lost, Amir is untouchable anyway. Keep playing county.

I said before we will miss Shahryar when he is gone. For all his media blabbering he was qualified for the job. Now a journalist is running the board and look what is happening. It's like asking a shoe polisher to conduct a surgery.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 12th August 2017 at 00:32.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think recalling players back with such noticed will irk CPL/County cricket management and it could effect the future relationship.
    Firstly, if they were intend to conduct domestic tournament then why issue NOC to players to allow them play in foreign leagues?
    Secondly, pulling players out of leagues will only create a rift between PCB and WICB/ECB. Already PCB have hostile relations with Afghan, Indian, and Bangladeshi cricket boards. Such move will only further isolate Pakistan in world cricket. Players will also lose out on earning some cash( already they are losing out IPL cash)

Off topic: Seriously how many domestic t20 does PCB holds annually excluding PSL?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unprofessional - CPL and County teams will be hesitant to work with Pakistani players in the future as a result of this.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous decision.Can harm future prospects of our players.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other threads, PCB was being praised for their "great" works, viz. allocating "a small change" to take BCCI to court etc. PCB will need to allocate similar amounts for taking on WICB etc as well.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So selfish, sethi wants to earn some pennies himself and can't even bear 15 players for the sake!

I guess we have a lot more...
    Last edited by super hitter; 12th August 2017 at 07:39.

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahmed Waqas would like to remind you guys that we the PP posters don't have the intellectual capacity to understand the immense-just-short-of-infinite wisdom behind these decisions. So what if the World XI tour won't ever happen, the players are property of the PCB and the PCB will command them however they wish. Fans of minnow nations should achieve something in cricket beyond a few jamodi series wins at home before criticizing this obviously wise decision.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    Ahmed Waqas would like to remind you guys that we the PP posters don't have the intellectual capacity to understand the immense-just-short-of-infinite wisdom behind these decisions. So what if the World XI tour won't ever happen, the players are property of the PCB and the PCB will command them however they wish. Fans of minnow nations should achieve something in cricket beyond a few jamodi series wins at home before criticizing this obviously wise decision.
    I agree with you on this. People on this forum make issue of small things out of nowhere. Some people are forgetting that PCB are the employers and players are employees.
    The employees eventually have to follow employers instructions if they want to be part of that organization. And I hope that players are wise enough than these keyboard warriors that they know who their real employers are.
    Players like Babar and Kamran Akmal are going to be dropped from their respective teams sooner, but in their national tournament, they will get extended run despite their poor form. So players should always prefer their domestic tournaments.
    Last edited by cricketerB94; 12th August 2017 at 08:46.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pak players should refuse to come back. This is totally unprofessional.

If there's a board vs players standoff we know who the public will side with?

Do sarf or amir lose their contracts? No they don't.

Total joke

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with you on this. People on this forum make issue of small things out of nowhere. Some people are forgetting that PCB are the employers and players are employees.
    The employees eventually have to follow employers instructions if they want to be part of that organization. And I hope that players are wise enough than these keyboard warriors that they know who their real employers are.
    Players like Babar and Kamran Akmal are going to be dropped from their respective teams sooner, but in their national tournament, they will get extended run despite their poor form. So players should always prefer their domestic tournaments.
    No one is dropping Babar and Kamran is irrelevant.

The players also have an employment contract with their franchises and made a commitment in good faith they were going to play the entire tournament.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasimjunior View Post
    No one is dropping Babar and Kamran is irrelevant.

The players also have an employment contract with their franchises and made a commitment in good faith they were going to play the entire tournament.
    These leagues contracts are secondary. A player would always want to earn several lacs rupees every month and play international cricket for his country and earn from that as well according to his category in contract instead of playing in a league and get a one time payment per year and he has no assurance of whether he will be selected for that league next year or not.

And PCB have issued them NOC on the condition that they will have to comeback for the preparation of World XI series. And if you read the press release of PCB, this tournament is a preparatory measure for World XI series after the conduction of fitness tests on August 22.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Absolutely pathetic.

Pulling a league out their backside two weeks before the event and then asking players to miss out on valuable experience and financial incentives by forcing them to pull out of their contracts around the world.

The usual unorganised, unprofessional garbage by PCB
    CpL is not helping the development of players.Pitches are not up to the mark.And players have much more than required financial security.Pak comes first.They got CPL because of Pak.
    County is helping development of players.No need to call Amir Fakhar and Junaid for T20 cup.They should look at their performances in F.class format.Calling them back will stunt their growth

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saifi View Post
    CpL is not helping the development of players.Pitches are not up to the mark.And players have much more than required financial security.Pak comes first.They got CPL because of Pak.
    County is helping development of players.No need to call Amir Fakhar and Junaid for T20 cup.They should look at their performances in F.class format.Calling them back will stunt their growth
    Playing in international T20 leagues will definitely help player development and there's no two ways around it. The experience and exposure to play in high pressure situations is much more valuable, rather than playing in front of empty stands in Multan

Playing in international conditions will definitely help players and their is no two ways about it. These are the same pitches these players will play on when they next tour WI. When the next ICC competition is in WI, or Pakistan tour WI, the argument of pitches being poor will not matter if the players are unable to adapt and perform since the PCB robbed them of the opportunity to prepare.

Players do not have the financial security in Pakistan. The players don't even have any sort of job security & here you are claiming that they have financial security

Pakistan does come first - but they are not being called back to play for Pakistan are they? They are being pulled out of the opportunity to gain international experience and some pretty decent money to play a random T20 comp which PCB decide to throw together at the last minute

Stop trying to justify PCB's unprofessionallisim. It's pathetic that they expect their players to pull out of contracts like this. They are making themselves and their players look like a complete joke

Come next season when players struggle to get contracts since the teams aren't sure if PCB will let them play the whole season or if the PCB will pull them out whenever they please - who will compensate the players for the money and experience which they will lose out on? The incompetent PCB sure as hell wont.

Also - what sort of backward logic is this? "Pakistan comes first, they got CPL because of Pakistan....but no need to call the players back from England". Does Pakistan not come first over English county cricket? Did these players not get county cricket because of Pakistan?
    Last edited by TalhaSyed; 12th August 2017 at 10:44.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dnt forget we need players from these countries to play in PSL. PSL will suffer cos of this stupid stuff from PCB. someone in pcb didnt get their due share from players playing in these leagues?

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSL will not suffer.Pak players are the best entertainers.

Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this strictness remains for firstclass cricket which is the most important.No need to send players to BPL.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We keep making other countries money but when it comes to them playing in Pakistan they decline. They even said no to PSL final.

Pak players are a big draw, pull them all out to teach the other boards a lesson.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    We keep making other countries money but when it comes to them playing in Pakistan they decline. They even said no to PSL final.

Pak players are a big draw, pull them all out to teach the other boards a lesson.
    Except the biggest losers from this situation will be the Pakistani players who won't be getting paid their full wages and will face further struggles to get these opportunities in the future due to this unprofessionalism.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Except the biggest losers from this situation will be the Pakistani players who won't be getting paid their full wages and will face further struggles to get these opportunities in the future due to this unprofessionalism.
    Indian players don't play in any other league other than IPL and no one calls them losers.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)

There are safety risks with regards to tours in Pakistan, it's unfair to call the boards out on them not releasing their players when they feel that human life is threatened. If everything was hunky dory in Pakistan and no one was touring then I'd get your point but that's not the case. Also, it's not the other board's fault that Pakistan play all their home games in the UAE where operating costs are so high or that the PCB in general are incredibly ignorant / unprofessional.

Pakistan players don't make a lot compared to other cricketers so they are mostly to lose out from this, the board are too busy spending the money on themselves and mentally inept endeavours like fighting a case against India over imaginary agreements. And second, Pakistan cricket is set back when their players are made to throw away opportunities which involve elevating their development in conditions / set-ups away from home.

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The issue isn't that they are being called back

The issue is that they are being called back on such short notice.

It's ridiculous that a tournament is being held on 2 weeks notice

We can forget our players getting gigs in the future

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    How can we expect players to do well on foreign tours when we even handicap the opportunities they get to get some experience playing in alien conditions

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monsters running the PCB.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    County teams will not offer Pak players contracts in the future, absolutely god awful stuff from the PCB.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the arguments defending the PCB are laughable.

This is a pathetic decision taken by the PCB and does nothing for Pakistan cricket other then put a few more coins into the corrupt PCB's coffers.

Wrong wrong wrong

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel sorry for the counties that signed contracts with players such as Zaman to replace other players. This is going to cost them... Why did they allow them to play then?

What is the point of this T20 national cup where there is no experience from overseas players? clearly PCB does not want players to develop themselves.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    731 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Embarrassing from PCB, I really hope there are some sane heads who will argue to reverse this decision and allow the players to honour their commitments.

We cry out for our players to gain exposure to overseas conditions, given how we organise so few A team series, but rob them of the opportunity at such short notice.

If the NOCs were revoked so that players would participate in the QEA Trophy I'd have no problem as its our premier FC competition which needs as many quality players to participate as possible. But not for a second-rate tournament like the National T20 Cup. Its not the PSL and likes of Fakhar, Amir and Sarfraz would gain valuable experience in England which'll host the 2019 WC.

The World XI series is a vanity project so that PCB and PML-N can boast about bringing back cricket to Pakistan before an election. It won't lead to a resumption of international tours, we all saw what happened after the 2015 series with Zimbabwe. Play the fringe players, no need for it to be disrupting all our other plans and eating into our preparation time for the Sri Lanka series.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB needs to reverse this decision or it will be very damaging to Pakistan cricket. These foreign leagues are what have made our players better.

Absolute stupidity. I hope these monkeys at PCB find a way to use the typewriter.

if you are not attacking you are defending. And if you are defending you are losing.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fakhar
    Sarfraz
    Amir
    Wahab
    Shadab
    Babar.
    Coming back.

Sami
    Kamran
    Tanvir
    Are Staying.

What if World XI decide not to come, this whole exercise would be useless.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asma_cricfan View Post
    Fakhar
    Sarfraz
    Amir
    Wahab
    Shadab
    Babar.
    Coming back.

Sami
    Kamran
    Tanvir
    Are Staying.

Sami, Kamran and Tanvir are also expected to come back as they have been selected for the national t20 cup.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asma_cricfan View Post
    Fakhar
    Sarfraz
    Amir
    Wahab
    Shadab
    Babar.
    Coming back.

Sami
    Kamran
    Tanvir
    Are Staying.

source? Malik?

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    source? Malik?
    It's incorrect. All ten Pakistani players in the CPL have been recalled as well as Amir and Sarfraz from England while Fakhar's stint has been cancelled (never got started).

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's incorrect. All ten Pakistani players in the CPL have been recalled as well as Amir and Sarfraz from England while Fakhar's stint has been cancelled (never got started).
    What about Junaid? Didn't hear his name anywhere, even though he is selected for National T20 Cup.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    What about Junaid? Didn't hear his name anywhere, even though he is selected for National T20 Cup.
    I forgot about Junaid! I assume he'll be called back too.

I think that would leave Afridi as the only Pakistani playing overseas.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Just checked - looks like Lancashire are close to being knocked out and their last match is on the 18th. I think JK's stint will be over anyway before National T20 starts.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The circus continues.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indian players don't play in any other league other than IPL and no one calls them losers.
    There is a big difference here. Unlike Pakistani players, Indian players never were available for league which doesnt raise the issue of backing out during middle of the league.
    If PCB had made Pakistani players unavailable then Im sure county/CPL would have selected players from other countries to form a team.

Issue here is not fulfilling the comittment that players made beforehand.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #Bring back SK. Enough of sethi idiot. Overdoing the success of PSL and indirectly causing problems for PSL in the near future.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like the board doesn't even care about the players. How will playing in a second string T20 tournament, that doesn't even feature Sialkot and the Karachi side that won last time benefit the players? I doubt Pakistani players will be getting much county contracts in the future. Not that they were getting many to begin with.

Now that you feel it, you don't

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic
    Cricket
    Board

strikes again.

What would benefit the players more? Some experience playing in foreign conditions (FC in some cases) in a in the country the next world cup is being played or another local tournament playing against the usual suspects.

The experience is not just of playing against other players/conditions/facilities etc but also of what a professional system is like. It teaches you discipline which comes from being part of a proper professional setup.

Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PSL is one of the few good things to have happened to Pakistani cricket in the past decade. Now imagine if the WICB and ECB refuse NOCs for their players for fututre PSL events.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    526 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    The PSL is one of the few good things to have happened to Pakistani cricket in the past decade. Now imagine if the WICB and ECB refuse NOCs for their players for fututre PSL events.
    Or worse, give NOCs and then suddenly revoke them in the middle of the tournament without prior notice, leaving PSL teams almost no time to try and find appropriate replacements. But other boards aren't that unprofessional...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or worse, give NOCs and then suddenly revoke them in the middle of the tournament without prior notice, leaving PSL teams almost no time to try and find appropriate replacements. But other boards aren't that unprofessional...
    Id not be surprised if WICB revokes NOC and let PCB know if they can do it so can they.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Id not be surprised if WICB revokes NOC and let PCB know if they can do it so can they.
    WICB never released centrally contracted players for PSL to start with. Carlos Braithwate and Jason Holder were meant to play last year but they were not allowed due to their domestic ODI tournament.

Pollard, Gayle, Narine, Bravo etc are freelancers.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    London, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan Cricket Board at its finest, always performing when they are not needed. Its no surprise why our cricket board is a joke. Shameful bring back players, specially since they are gaining experience and knowledge of the game. Instead are being asked to perform in a T20 Competition in Pakistan. Round of applause for the PCB

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan continues to be a country for the few not for the many. It's not that we're stupid, it's the culture of nepotism, bribery and corruption embedded into our entire system from the bottom up.
    Last edited by UN talkz; 13th August 2017 at 05:56.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Samy requested Sethi to recall Kami only and he called back everyone, not good.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nabi with a beauty to get rid of Fletcher.

A seam up yorker.

Frank Skinner: Pakistan looked better than this when they were trying to lose.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is the decision taken by mickey and inzi not by sethi...so don't blame pcb in this case.

Last edited by Abdullah719; 13th August 2017 at 02:28.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Dublin
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmiri_Pak_fan View Post
    It is the decision taken by mickey and inzi not by sethi...so don't blame pcb in this case.

Sounds like he cannot handle the backlash and is trying to shift the blame. Ultimately, it is the Board that makes the decision. Are your players really going to learn more from playing in front of empty stadiums against village cricket teams, or at the CPL against the best in the world?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1431 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

The lesson being "don't employ Pakistani players, the chaos of their Board makes them too unreliable to sign."

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree with this decision for the most part. Call back out best players. These tamasha leagues don't prove anything. Shadab, Hasan, Babar, etc. have learned whatever there is to learn already in the few games they have played and there is nothing else to learn.

Only things I disagree with is calling Fakhar back from Somerset as he would get 1st-class experience in England. Also, why call Sami, Akmal and Wahab back? Let them make money at the twilight of their career(s). It's not like we need them any way.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I read from the post was that it was written in NOC that if the the World XI series will be shifted to mid September than the players can be called back. So whats the fuss about? Didnt the CPL franchises read the NOC of the players? If they read than they should have been prepared.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    What I read from the post was that it was written in NOC that if the the World XI series will be shifted to mid September than the players can be called back. So whats the fuss about? Didnt the CPL franchises read the NOC of the players? If they read than they should have been prepared.
    Yes, but they've been called back for an unannounced domestic T20 tournament.

The NOC stated they'd get called back right before the World XI series (sometime in Sept) not in the middle of August.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Yes, but they've been called back for an unannounced domestic T20 tournament.

The NOC stated they'd get called back right before the World XI series (sometime in Sept) not in the middle of August.
    Thing is this National T20 cup was on schedule of domestic calendar, with the World XI coming there was no other window to hold it. Was the timeline defined in the NOC other than the statement that they can recall the players if the series is shifted. I dont think so they would have written "Players will be called back right before the World XI series".

Further it must be that before the World XI holding a tournament in Pakistan with all the National players will send a positive message and the players as well as the organizers will be prepared for the World XI matches.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Thing is this National T20 cup was on schedule of domestic calendar, with the World XI coming there was no other window to hold it. Was the timeline defined in the NOC other than the statement that they can recall the players if the series is shifted. I dont think so they would have written "Players will be called back right before the World XI series".

Further it must be that before the World XI holding a tournament in Pakistan with all the National players will send a positive message and the players as well as the organizers will be prepared for the World XI matches.
    The domestic schedule has yet to be announced so I am not sure which domestic calendar you are referring to!

As I have said previously, this is not about whether domestic leagues are better than international etc or not. Most posters have objected to this news on the grounds that it is very short notice and looks unprofessional. Plus, calling the players back for a t20 cup is hardly an international commitment.

I've explained in more detail here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...19#post9396119