Instagram

The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Was PCB right in recalling players from CPL/NatWest T20 Blast/County Championship to play Nat T20?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 6.25%
  • No

42 87.50%
  • Not Sure!

3 6.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further I might add that the Srilanka Series is scheduled to start at 24 Sep 2017. You cant call the players on the eve of Sept 10 when CPL is finished and than ask them to play 3 straight matches against World XI and than make them sit on a plane to UAE and make them play a whole series which includes Tests and ODIs as well, not just T20s there without any pre series training camp. Tests and ODIs are different than the T20s with respect to training and fitness as well.

Also its a big time for Pakistan as cricket might come with world XI series and it might be counted as T20 internationals.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for sethi to reverse his decision

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Further I might add that the Srilanka Series is scheduled to start at 24 Sep 2017. You cant call the players on the eve of Sept 10 when CPL is finished and than ask them to play 3 straight matches against World XI and than make them sit on a plane to UAE and make them play a whole series which includes Tests and ODIs as well, not just T20s there without any pre series training camp. Tests and ODIs are different than the T20s with respect to training and fitness as well.

Also its a big time for Pakistan as cricket might come with world XI series and it might be counted as T20 internationals.
    What's the schedule for the series against SL? Can't find it anywhere

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is this National T20 cup was on schedule of domestic calendar, with the World XI coming there was no other window to hold it. Was the timeline defined in the NOC other than the statement that they can recall the players if the series is shifted. I dont think so they would have written "Players will be called back right before the World XI series".

Further it must be that before the World XI holding a tournament in Pakistan with all the National players will send a positive message and the players as well as the organizers will be prepared for the World XI matches.
    The domestic schedule has yet to be announced so I am not sure which domestic calendar you are referring to!

As I have said previously, this is not about whether domestic leagues are better than international etc or not. Most posters have objected to this news on the grounds that it is very short notice and looks unprofessional. Plus, calling the players back for a t20 cup is hardly an international commitment.

I've explained in more detail here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...19#post9396119

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    Contrary to Titan's post, as far as I am aware the SL schedule has yet to be confirmed. Then again, Titan also seems to think the domestic schedule has been announced so I wouldn't rely too much on what he has to say!

After all, the National t20 cup schedule was announced on the same day as the draft.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Thing is this National T20 cup was on schedule of domestic calendar, with the World XI coming there was no other window to hold it. Was the timeline defined in the NOC other than the statement that they can recall the players if the series is shifted. I dont think so they would have written "Players will be called back right before the World XI series".

Further it must be that before the World XI holding a tournament in Pakistan with all the National players will send a positive message and the players as well as the organizers will be prepared for the World XI matches.
    National t20 was NOT on schedule

Literally no one knew that it is happening until a week or so ago
    Last edited by UN talkz; 13th August 2017 at 13:07.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timing of the move was ridiculous, however the PCB have a point in trying to ensure our premier players play in our own competitions first, to avoid a situation like the west indies where the players do as they please, leading to a weakened international team.
    Last edited by hadi123; 13th August 2017 at 15:46.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silentkiller187 View Post
    Timing of the move was ridiculous, however the PCB have a point in trying to ensure our premier players play in our own competitions first, to avoid a situation like the west indies where the players do as they please, leading to a weakened international team.
    I agree, they should be playing in their own tournament but it's unprofessional from PCB to organize this tournament at the last minute then recall players as the franchises & counties were under the impression that the players would be free all season. If they were told about this fair enough but that isn't the case; the CPL franchise owners are shocked by this as are the County teams

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, they should be playing in their own tournament but it's unprofessional from PCB to organize this tournament at the last minute then recall players as the franchises & counties were under the impression that the players would be free all season. If they were told about this fair enough but that isn't the case; the CPL franchise owners are shocked by this as are the County teams
    Agreed, but this is the PCB we are talking about. CPL i am not too worried about but the exposure on the county circuit for Amir would have been invaluable.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead we have a board which does as it pleases, that is much better.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I feel, in between change of leadership, some over enthusiastic guy has given this idea, and now once the dice is thrown, they can't have a bite at the tongue. That Fakhar thing won't go well for sure - Somerset is trying to save relegation and after couple of weeks effort for Fakhar's visa, they'll have to go through the process again. May be, they'll try some damage control, but hope they don't allow players to play in BD/SAF when FC tournament is going on.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Contrary to Titan's post, as far as I am aware the SL schedule has yet to be confirmed. Then again, Titan also seems to think the domestic schedule has been announced so I wouldn't rely too much on what he has to say!

After all, the National t20 cup schedule was announced on the same day as the draft.
    Its the expected schedule for Srilankan series many of the board officials have said it. It wasnt finalized earlier however due to the request from the Srilankan board it is being shifted to late September. So its highly unlikely PCB is going to refuse the request. So its going to start from Sept 24.

“Owing to the late finalisation and rescheduling of the ICC World XI series to be played mid-September, the PCB has been obliged to schedule its National T20 Cup to start near the end of August and finish before the World XI series so that its national team can leave for UAE to play Sri Lanka starting September 24,” the PCB said.

http://www.firstpost.com/firstcricke...r-3901277.html

http://www.looptt.com/content/pakist...ayers-hero-cpl

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have the complete schedule however, series is starting around Sept 24 as you can check post 92 of mine. So the players are meant to go to UAE just after World XI series. Leaving date is almost finalized, rest of the schedule will follow.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The domestic schedule has yet to be announced so I am not sure which domestic calendar you are referring to!

As I have said previously, this is not about whether domestic leagues are better than international etc or not. Most posters have objected to this news on the grounds that it is very short notice and looks unprofessional. Plus, calling the players back for a t20 cup is hardly an international commitment.

I've explained in more detail here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...19#post9396119
    Bro there is a thing called common sense. Last year schedule was announce around Aug 17 and National T20 cup was played in August September time. Considering the Quadi-e-Azam trophy is going to start around October, there are other tournaments to come as well so there is no other window for National T20 cup.

The only change could have been based upon the changes in World Xi and Srilankan Tour. This is what has happened.

Don tell me you dont know which tournaments are taking place in our domestic calendar for the last two three years. If you dont than just go to the PCB website and check their tournaments lists of the last few years.

Further as per you there is no schedule announced, so the same assumption or whatever source is used by the ESPN cric info regarding Pakistan's domestic season. You can go there and check the date of every major domestic tournament.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete schedules with exact dates are rarely announced even by ICC. There are always few minor changes, schedules are generally tentative. Eg: Aug-Sep was the window for National T20 cup,

You wouldnt have to rely on me if you could just do your own research to start with.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    National t20 was NOT on schedule

Literally no one knew that it is happening until a week or so ago
    Bro you can also read my post 94 and 95.

I can tell you which major domestic tournament is going to happen and in which window.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I feel, in between change of leadership, some over enthusiastic guy has given this idea, and now once the dice is thrown, they can't have a bite at the tongue. That Fakhar thing won't go well for sure - Somerset is trying to save relegation and after couple of weeks effort for Fakhar's visa, they'll have to go through the process again. May be, they'll try some damage control, but hope they don't allow players to play in BD/SAF when FC tournament is going on.
    Their director says that they have got a similar type of player in mind to replace him. So I dont think its gonna bother them that much.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistani Corruption Board at its best!
    Seriously i will not even call it an idiotic decision as it's been made by Pcb.The thing that's bothering me is that why always Sami is the whipping boy for nothing it just seems they took him personal from a long time.Either ensure him that he will be considered for Srilanka series or let him stay there and rock the Cpl party.I don't know what was the last time he was centrally contracted may be mid 2000s other than that they destroyed his career for nothing beside being a honest player from Karachi.He's still fit as ever and one of the fastest in the world better make use of it so we can have something to cheer for otherwise let him earn some in a clean way.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Complete schedules with exact dates are rarely announced even by ICC. There are always few minor changes, schedules are generally tentative. Eg: Aug-Sep was the window for National T20 cup,

You wouldnt have to rely on me if you could just do your own research to start with.
    The complete schedule for the champions trophy 2017 was released exactly a year before it started.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    The complete schedule for the champions trophy 2017 was released exactly a year before it started.
    Yes it was but thats an exception. Further if we consider bilateral series or even other T20 leagues all the dates are tentative

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MustafaSk View Post
    Pakistani Corruption Board at its best!
    Seriously i will not even call it an idiotic decision as it's been made by Pcb.The thing that's bothering me is that why always Sami is the whipping boy for nothing it just seems they took him personal from a long time.Either ensure him that he will be considered for Srilanka series or let him stay there and rock the Cpl party.I don't know what was the last time he was centrally contracted may be mid 2000s other than that they destroyed his career for nothing beside being a honest player from Karachi.He's still fit as ever and one of the fastest in the world better make use of it so we can have something to cheer for otherwise let him earn some in a clean way.
    Agreed, for the non contracted players PCB should leave it to players if they want to play in national T20 or CPL

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes it was but thats an exception. Further if we consider bilateral series or even other T20 leagues all the dates are tentative
    The county fixtures that the players are being pulled out of were announced nearly 9 months ago, the CPL fixtures over 3 months ago.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The county fixtures that the players are being pulled out of were announced nearly 9 months ago, the CPL fixtures over 3 months ago.
    Lol! No bro I am talking about our domestic fixtures, world Xi series and Srilanka series. They were all tentative.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also CPL fixtures being defined or the county fixture being defined doesnt matter. As the world xi series and srilanka series was going to happen in this window and the justt bcz the CPL fixtures were defined doesnt mean our players cant be called back for the pre series session and for the series itself and it was defined in NOC

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol! No bro I am talking about our domestic fixtures, world Xi series and Srilanka series. They were all tentative.
    So why did the PCB give Fakhar a NOC a week before the fixtures were announced for the exact period the national t20 competition would be played in wasting both Somerset and Fakhars time and effort? Surely they'd have a good idea a week before that Fakhar would be needed in that period?

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why did the PCB give Fakhar a NOC a week before the fixtures were announced for the exact period the national t20 competition would be played in wasting both Somerset and Fakhars time and effort? Surely they'd have a good idea a week before that Fakhar would be needed in that period?
    At that time World Xi or the Srilanka tour dates were not finalized. Also I guess its the visa which was approved last week, NOC was given when the contract was signed.

It was a possibility that if World XI tour shifts or the Srilankan tour was finalized for October then Fakhar might have been able to play few matches before those commitments.
    Last edited by Titan24; 14th August 2017 at 10:47.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro there is a thing called common sense. Last year schedule was announce around Aug 17 and National T20 cup was played in August September time. Considering the Quadi-e-Azam trophy is going to start around October, there are other tournaments to come as well so there is no other window for National T20 cup.

The only change could have been based upon the changes in World Xi and Srilankan Tour. This is what has happened.

Don tell me you dont know which tournaments are taking place in our domestic calendar for the last two three years. If you dont than just go to the PCB website and check their tournaments lists of the last few years.

Further as per you there is no schedule announced, so the same assumption or whatever source is used by the ESPN cric info regarding Pakistan's domestic season. You can go there and check the date of every major domestic tournament.
    Najam Sethi is that you?

So the definition of "common sense" is to make things up? Because that's what you have done.

Now you have changed your tone. Had you written "likely dates" and/or "I can assume the dates will be x" (or words to that effect) in your original posts then no-one would have had a problem. We can all speculate and roughly guess the schedule but it is patently false to say (i) the domestic schedule has been published and (ii) the SL tour dates have been finalised. Therefore nothing I said in my previous posts was inaccurate. The same cannot be said for your original posts. You were trying to give an air of certainty to matters which have not yet been confirmed simply because it suited your argument. I, as well as other posters, called you out on it which you don't like. A little reminder of what you wrote:

Thing is this National T20 cup was on schedule of domestic calendar
    - blatant lie

Further I might add that the Srilanka Series is scheduled to start at 24 Sep 2017.
    - dates yet to be confirmed

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Poll added also.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Their director says that they have got a similar type of player in mind to replace him. So I dont think its gonna bother them that much.

I think, teams look for similar capability players, not similar type. For example our Sabbir is similar type of Smith Smith - both bats aggressively at 3, both can bowl a bit leggi and now Sabbir also has started to stand at 2nd slip ..... but, I won't be that happy if I spend 3 weeks to bring Smith & then go back for similar type Sabbir. For sure, I won't cry fowl in media, but next year, I would think 3 times before contacting Smith. If it was so easy to find a replacement for a player of Fakhar's capability, then it's another bothering issue - this time for team PAK.

Why backing Najam Sethi for this? Poor guy might not be even aware of this, because he has many more things on his plate in his first week at office. It's an absolute dumb decision, if it's one off & later reverted back for other such tournaments. And, it's a dumber decision, if it becomes a regular practice, forced upon the players without financially compensating them - PAK cricket already has suffered enough; not to mention the learning opportunity missed for much multicultural tournaments, which are far, far better in terms of quality than PAK domestics. I actually think opposite - if Sethi was aware, he would have resisted it or at least make some policies before implementing like this with a chain saw.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And looks like they had to go to a lot of trouble to get Fakhar's visa. And just when it comes through.... voila, NOC revoked!

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    In the past few days I've spoken with players, agents, managers, coaches etc and all have one thing in common - they are seriously annoyed with the PCB and their shambolic organisation of tournaments.

Sooner or later no franchises, club teams or County teams will touch Pakistani players due to the PCB.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    In the past few days I've spoken with players, agents, managers, coaches etc and all have one thing in common - they are seriously annoyed with the PCB and their shambolic organisation of tournaments.

Sooner or later no franchises, club teams or County teams will touch Pakistani players due to the PCB.
    And that will be a great shame, doesnt PCB realise what it's doing? I seriously annoyed at them.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Shadab might return to CPL

There is a possibility that leg-spinner Shadab Khan could return to the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) later on this month.

Khan and a host of other Pakistani nationals were called home from the ongoing CPL by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) who wanted them to prepare for a series of matches against a World XI in September. Pakistan has seen no international cricket since 2010 when the team bus carrying the Sri Lanka players was shot at. The PCB has been trying to get the big teams across the world to come to Pakistan but they have refused on the basis of security. Now they are trying to have a World XI go to Pakistan for a series of matches, so that the ICC can consider granting approval for international matches, if all goes well in terms of the security.

Director of TKR, Venky Mysore thinks that there is a chance he may be back. “All the players when they got their NOCs would have signed on for going back home in the event that their national team needed them. Shadab is a big blow but we have to abide by the terms and conditions set out in the NOC.

“There is a possibility that he may return to the Caribbean because by August 25, the PCB has to name their team to play against the World XI. If he is not on the team, then we will bring him back. Even if he gets selected there is no guarantee that this match will come off because the PCB still needs to get security clearance for the matches.

“So it is not all lost yet as far as Shadab is concerned. For the moment the management has been working on a replacement and this will be announced soon. I want to say thank you to Shadab for his wonderful efforts in this tournament and to wish him all the best.”

Shadab signed off his 2017 CPL with 10 wickets and played a big part in his team TKR winning five of their first six matches.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/201...ght-return-cpl

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    There is a possibility that leg-spinner Shadab Khan could return to the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) later on this month.

Khan and a host of other Pakistani nationals were called home from the ongoing CPL by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) who wanted them to prepare for a series of matches against a World XI in September. Pakistan has seen no international cricket since 2010 when the team bus carrying the Sri Lanka players was shot at. The PCB has been trying to get the big teams across the world to come to Pakistan but they have refused on the basis of security. Now they are trying to have a World XI go to Pakistan for a series of matches, so that the ICC can consider granting approval for international matches, if all goes well in terms of the security.

Director of TKR, Venky Mysore thinks that there is a chance he may be back. “All the players when they got their NOCs would have signed on for going back home in the event that their national team needed them. Shadab is a big blow but we have to abide by the terms and conditions set out in the NOC.

“There is a possibility that he may return to the Caribbean because by August 25, the PCB has to name their team to play against the World XI. If he is not on the team, then we will bring him back. Even if he gets selected there is no guarantee that this match will come off because the PCB still needs to get security clearance for the matches.

“So it is not all lost yet as far as Shadab is concerned. For the moment the management has been working on a replacement and this will be announced soon. I want to say thank you to Shadab for his wonderful efforts in this tournament and to wish him all the best.”

Shadab signed off his 2017 CPL with 10 wickets and played a big part in his team TKR winning five of their first six matches.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/201...ght-return-cpl
    If that's the case then why should Sami,Tanvir and Akmal have to go back......although Sami deserves an International fightback but he's going as the best bowler of Cpl, ending his rhythm means end of his international career.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MustafaSk View Post
    If that's the case then why should Sami,Tanvir and Akmal have to go back......although Sami deserves an International fightback but he's going as the best bowler of Cpl, ending his rhythm means end of his international career.
    What is stated in the article is very unlikely anyway.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Blow for Yorkshire as Sarfaraz Ahmed recalled by Pakistan

YORKSHIRE director of cricket Martyn Moxon has spoken of his frustration after overseas player Sarfaraz Ahmed’s time at the county was cut short.

The Pakistan captain will make his final appearance in tonight’s must-win NatWest T20 Blast game against Northants at Headingley.

Along with all Pakistan centrally-contracted players, Sarfaraz has been recalled for fitness tests in Lahore ahead of a three-match T20 series between Pakistan and an International Cricket Council World XI.

The series, designed to hasten the return of top-flight international cricket to Pakistan after the terrorist attacks of 2009, was originally due to have been played late next month.

But it has been rescheduled as the Punjab government now want it done and dusted before a political election on September 17, while Pakistan are also preparing for a series against Sri Lanka in the UAE.

It means that Sarfaraz would be unavailable for the NatWest T20 Blast knockout stages should Yorkshire qualify, with the quarter-finals taking place from next Tuesday to Friday, with Finals Day on September 2.

Other counties are similarly affected, with Championship leaders Essex facing the loss of star pace bowler Mohammad Amir, while Pakistanis taking part in the Caribbean Premier League have also been withdrawn.

For Moxon, whose side must win tonight and then hope that other results go their way before the climax of the group stages tomorrow, it is further proof of the escalating difficulty in signing overseas players due to schedule clashes.

“It’s disappointing, and it kind of sums up the situation that we have with international cricket,” he said.

“It’s such a difficult problem to get overseas players for any length of time, and even for the short space of time that we were guaranteed to have Sarfaraz, suddenly the goalposts have changed and he’s not now available.

“It’s a common theme, I’m afraid, and it’s very frustrating. It frustrates all coaches when something unexpected is just dropped on you, and when you sign someone thinking they’re going to be available right to the final if need be, and then within a couple of weeks that’s changed, then it’s very difficult.”

Should Yorkshire progress, they cannot sign an overseas replacement for Sarfaraz, who was himself a replacement for Australian batsman Peter Handscomb after he was chosen for his country’s upcoming tour to Bangladesh.

Competition rules state that counties cannot draft in players for the knockout stages unless they have featured earlier in the tournament.

Yorkshire signed Sarfaraz specifically so that they could maintain the balance of their team, with the 30-year-old a like-for-like replacement for Handscomb as a wicketkeeper batting in the top five.

Should they qualify, they would likely have to recall specialist wicketkeeper Andrew Hodd.

Sarfaraz’s short stint at Headingley has strengthened Yorkshire’s ties with the Asian community but has so far had limited on-field impact.

He started well by top-scoring with 42 in a defeat to Derbyshire at Headingley but has since registered scores of 6, 3 and 2 and performed indifferently behind the stumps. “I thought he played brilliantly against Derbyshire in his first game when he got 40-odd,” said Moxon.

“Since then, he hasn’t got double figures, and obviously it would have been nice for him to get a few more runs, but these things aren’t guaranteed.

“But he played fantastically well in that first innings and I thought: ‘Wow, he’s going to tear it up for us.’

“It’s not quite happened yet, but, hopefully, we can get a good performance from him against Northants.”

Moxon has been impressed with Sarfaraz in general.

“He’s a good bloke, a really nice bloke, who’s fitted in well and got on with the job,” he added.

“He’s worked hard and practised hard, so I’ve no complaints there at all.”

Yorkshire could be boosted by the return of club captain Gary Ballance tonight after a broken left index finger.

Ballance has not played a first-team game since sustaining the injury against South Africa in mid-July, but he hit 69 for the Yorkshire seconds against Durham at Chester-le-Street yesterday. England all-rounder David Willey is set to play as he continues his recovery from a minor knee injury caused by bruising on the bone.

The start-time has been put back from 6.30pm to 7pm to accommodate television coverage.

Yorkshire (from): Ballance, Bresnan, Fisher, Kohler-Cadmore, Leaning, Lyth, Marsh, Patterson, Plunkett, Rafiq, Rashid, Sarfaraz, Willey.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport...stan-1-8706778

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why they issued NOCs, if they had to call them back for such a short period.

Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Players return from CPL and county cricket assignments

LAHORE August 11:

Owing to the late finalisation and rescheduling of the ICC World 11 series to be played mid September, the PCB has been obliged to schedule its national T20 Cup to start end August and finish before the World series so that its national team can leave for UAE to play Sri Lanka starting 24th Sep. This has compelled PCB to call back centrally contracted players besides the ones in contention for selection for the World XI series next month from their ongoing Caribbean Premier League (CPL) and English county stints.

The centrally contracted players were given permission for participation in the CPL and English county season subject to recall if the World 11 series took place mid Sep. So they are being recalled owing to the changes in schedule brought about due to the change in the original World XI tour of Pakistan plan.

The series has been brought forward to end mid September instead of last week of September because the Punjab govt wants it to be held before the NA120 election on Sep 17. It cant be held after Sep 17 because there is no time to both hold the series and also give National Coach Mickey Arthur time for training his team before the series starts with Sri Lanka on Sep 24.

The players have been asked to report for a pre series fitness testing /training camp, as planned by the national team management and the National T20 tournament that starts in Multan on August 25.

The players have been asked to report to Micky Arthur, Head Coach at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) on August 22 for fitness and medical screening followed by participation in the national T20 tournament and preparatory camp under the supervision of Pakistan team management (For the World XI series in Lahore).

The National T20 tournament is scgeduled to start from August 25-September 10 with 3 day Eid break from September 1 to 3, 2017.
    It does nothing but embarrass the players. At the of the day both the cricketers and the cricket board would have to show their faces to the international cricketing fraternity. How are they now going to recruit foreign players into the psl?!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    AMIR TO RETURN TO PAKISTAN FOR FITNESS AND MEDICAL TESTS

Essex Cricket overseas star Mohammad Amir will return to Pakistan tomorrow for a series of fitness and medical tests at the request of the Pakistan Cricket Board.

The Pakistan International will still be involved in this evening’s NatWest T20 Blast clash against Sussex Sharks as the Eagles hunt for a quarter-final place.

Amir is scheduled to return to England on Saturday 26 August in time for the crucial Specsavers County Championship game against Somerset at The Cloudfm County Ground.

https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2017...medical-tests/
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 18th August 2017 at 16:28.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmkextreme_1 View Post
    AMIR TO RETURN TO PAKISTAN FOR FITNESS AND MEDICAL TESTS

Essex Cricket overseas star Mohammad Amir will return to Pakistan tomorrow for a series of fitness and medical tests at the request of the Pakistan Cricket Board.

The Pakistan International will still be involved in this evening’s NatWest T20 Blast clash against Sussex Sharks as the Eagles hunt for a quarter-final place.

Amir is scheduled to return to England on Saturday 26 August in time for the crucial Specsavers County Championship game against Somerset at The Cloudfm County Ground.

https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2017...medical-tests/
    What is this? did pcb allowed him?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PCB are an absolute shambles. National T20 has now been put forward lol

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    The PCB are an absolute shambles. National T20 has now been put forward lol
    Has this been confirmed?

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad move. I would rate county more over any t20 tamasha leagues like psl,ipl,bpl etc..

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this been confirmed?
    No... not confirmed... but a lot of rumours say the same thing... lets wait till anything official comes

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TKR begin life without Shadab Khan.

TRINBAGO Knight Riders (TKR) will be without Shadab Khan for the first time in the 2017 Hero Caribbean Premier League (CPL), when the tournament leaders face Guyana Amazon Warriors from 12 noon at Providence, Guyana, today.

The Pakistani has been an instrumental figure on the team especially as a leg break bowler.

Khan, who has taken 10 wickets in six matches, left the Caribbean earlier this week to return to Pakistan. Only Jamaica Tallawahs fast bowler Kesrick Williams (11 wickets) has more wickets than Khan (before yesterday’s Barbados Tridents/St Kitts and Nevis Patriots match).

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has cancelled No-Objection Certificates given to 13 players playing in the CPL and the English county circuit, and asked them to return to Pakistan to fulfil national and domestic commitments. Khan has also contributed runs in the middle of the order and has been brilliant fielding in the cover region.

TKR manager Colin Borde says Khan will be missed, along with the other Pakistanis. “Certainly a player of his quality is a huge loss, the Pakistanis leaving are a loss to the league,” Borde said.

However, Khan and his fellow countrymen may return to the CPL before it concludes on September 9, as discussions between the PCB and the players are currently ongoing.

Borde said the TKR squad has depth and a meeting last night was planned to address the composition of the team for today’s match.

“We have a team that gives the captain options. The coaching staff and captain will sit down tonight (yesterday).” Borde said the slow wicket in Guyana and the oppostion will influence who is selected today.

TKR lead the standings with 10 points after getting five wins and one loss thus far, and Borde said his team will not relax as the other teams can move up the standings. “There is no complacency here, we are aware of how much games we have played and the other teams are climbing the table.” After defeating St Lucia Stars in their opening contest in St Lucia, TKR played their next five matches at the Queen’s Park Oval, winning four of them.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,247918.html

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shadab already a celebrity in TRINIDAD & TRINBAGO

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Looks like Cup being postponed - further chaos to follow.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Looks like Cup being postponed - further chaos to follow.
    Yes, postponed until the World XI tours Pakistan...Hopefully they'll take back their decision.

Also heard that only 3 or 4 NOC's to be given for BPL.

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    Yes, postponed until the World XI tours Pakistan...Hopefully they'll take back their decision.

Also heard that only 3 or 4 NOC's to be given for BPL.
    what is the reason?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pak players may return to CPL

Meanwhile, Mirror has learnt that the Pakistan players, who were called back from their Caribbean Premier League (CPL) and English county stints, will be returning back for their professional duties. Thirteen Pakistan players were playing either in the Caribbean or England but the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) suddenly revoked the NOC stating that they were needed to prepare for the games against the World XI.

According to sources, the CPL teams have been assured that the players will return to fulfil their stint. Players like Shadab Khan, Shoaib Malik and Hasan Ali have been some of the top performers in this CPL and it is understood that the West Indies Cricket Board has taken up the matter with the PCB for the sudden revocation of the players’ NOC. The PCB, WICB and CPL officials did not reply to mails from this paper but the players could return after their August 22 fitness test. The CPL ends on September 9.

http://ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.co...w/60136006.cms

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is true is there still a chance that Zaman's county stint could be on?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    If this is true is there still a chance that Zaman's county stint could be on?
    No idea. There was talk of Somerset looking for a replacement, not sure if they already signed someone up.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)