Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Philippe Coutinho hands in a transfer request - Headed to Barcelona?

Barca have been apparently pursuing Coutinho for much of the summer and now he's finally handed in a transfer request after Klopp had earlier insisted he won't be sold.

Will Liverpool end up selling to Barcelona or can they hold onto him?

Or will a third party enter the fray?

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will eventually leave for sure but not now as it is to late in the transfer window. His transfer request makes no difference when Liverpool are in the position to call all the shots. He can play or rot on the stands that will drop his value so much that Barcelona will not want him anymore. To much player power now where they sign contacts then want to leave when Barca or Real come calling. Clubs have to take stance like Klopp and FSG have done.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will probably go to Barcelona. They are likely to raise their bid for him after Dortmund shunned their approach for Dembele.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would sell him. No way Coutinho is worth anywhere near what Barcelona are bidding for him. LFC can make a massive profit on him

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    New Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    I would sell him. No way Coutinho is worth anywhere near what Barcelona are bidding for him. LFC can make a massive profit on him

Pieces are jacked up for all players in today's world.. The top elite players prefer to play in Barca or real but the players just below that elite level are up for sale and if Liverpool have any hope of winning the championship they need to hold on to players like coutinho..

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Might be a repeat of the Suarez situation where we get one final year out of him with the agreement he can move to Barcelona next year.

Once again, FSG's business model is exposed for the arrogance, mediocrity and lack of ambition it entails. Players aren't gonna wait forever for a "project" to materialise - they have short careers and want to maximise their earnings and medals won.

We can't provide either. They ain't gonna stay because Jurgen Klopp provides big hugs and great memes. But we never learn do we.

And those fans talking about replacements - yes because the club have done a magnificent job in the past of replacing key players haven't they ? You trust this club, who've bungled transfer after transfer in the last 5 years, to find an adequate replacement ?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem is that it will be difficult to find an adequate replacement now if we got £120 million. Other teams would be blackmailing us for any players we may be interested in by demanding more then what they are worth. The ball is in Liverpool's court more then Coutinho's. He can cry like a baby all he wants, with the world cup coming up next year he needs to be performing well for his club to be in the Brazil national side. If I was Klopp would tell him that no player sitting in the stand or bench would likely play for his national side in the world cup. Get on with it and play well for Liverpool. Only then will Barca consider signing him next season and he be in with a chance to play in next years WC.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Liverpool may as well sell him.

No point keeping a player who's set his heart on leaving.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    He'll join Barca on last week - before that, LFC will fake injury to keep him out of games & risk injury. This was the plot well before Neymar going to PSG - only PSG has brought fortunes to those Yanks to strip Barca.

These Yanks have sold Starling & Suarez - then brought Origi & Inggs ........ Now, they'll promise 400mn for next June. They (& their paid media) now are doing character assassination of PC - but truth is,if they were to bend down to player power then they could have told Barca the price on the day Neymar left - they just waited for clock to run.

Personally, I don't blame PC or Suarez - these are top professionals, they do know who are playing with them at LFC and whom are those Yanks & their Manager going to bring. These players can't spend their best 6/7 years trying to keep LFC at 4th, so that those Yanks can fill their coffer. Top players don't leave only for money, but they do know what's their limit & where they can pull a mediocre bunch up to.

I can bet instead of those Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno/Robertson, Can, Henderson, Firmino & Wijanldum, pick a XI (& not Hollywood XI with Mafia or Oil money) without PC -

GK - Hugo Lloris (He is at 100K/week & priced at 23mn - Levi'll sell him for 35mn with smile). if not Leno or Handanovic is faaaaaar better than what we have now

Clyne, Matip, VVD (75mn), Digne (part of PC deal)

Raktic (part of PC deal), Vidal (48mn & 170K/week for real steel, lots of experience & true class - Bayern'll love to cash on a 30 years old with less than 2 years contract left)

Mane, Firmino, Salah

Diego Costa (50mn + 225K/week. He wants to move out, but not in China - CFC'll sell him, because, if not by Jan 2019, he'll go for free, and Conte doesn't want him around his squad. Still just 28, a real street fighter, who shed blood for the shirt).

Bench - Danny Ward, Lovren, Trent Arnold, Milner, Wijnaldum/Lallana, Henderson & Sturridge

I can bet, next year, several "Stars" from paradise life style of London, Paris, Madrid, Turin, Milan, Barca, Munich or Dortmund .... would love to join Klopp at the slums of Liverpool - but that'll make those Yanks quarter billion poorer & their accountant counting 35mn extra in annual wage.

Disgusted with the same story every year - sometimes tapping, sometimes missing dead line, sometimes not fitting Manager's style, sometimes not sold by the current club ...... but, bottom line is Yanks will make money out of transfer window from sale.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool I'm afraid are like arsenal and Tottenham I.e buy good young prospects and then end up selling them

Liverpool are now a selling club , coutinho will eventually go and you will also see emre can and saido mane leave as well eventually

Just like sterling and Suarez went

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Liverpool may as well sell him.

No point keeping a player who's set his heart on leaving.
    We will eventually sell him for sure. Like Suarez he should be made to stay for one more season as it is to late to replace him now. He has to depart when it is right for the club, not him. Just hope he doesn't end up biting someone like Suarez did forcing Liverpool to sell him before the window closes! Can't have a cannibal or vampire in the side

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    ^ Just to add, losing marquee players to richest clubs around isn't new in football - but, these Yanks have never done what every other team does - player exchange. In that Barca squad there were/are several fringe players who would walk into Klopp's mediocre bunch - but those Yanks have never put an exchange deal for Torres, Maschareno, Suarez, Starling or now PC. They have always gone for the cash & then brought Origi, Inggs, Cole, Henderson, Alen, ............... Aspas. We could have got Cecs or Pedro for Suarez, someone from MCity for Sterling ...... but cash is what it matters.

I sound a hater, because I can see what those Yanks are doing here. They are stripping Liverpool before selling it to highest bidder. They have increased capacity, putting the investment on the Club's credit, but, during sell -
    it becoes an asset of 54K capacity stadium, one of the greatest home of football. Now they are selling the better players at higher price, without reinvesting the amount in squad.

These Yanks do know that Liverpool's asset isn't in it's players - rather it's brand, history & the global fan base. Whoever is going to buy LFC, will pay for the potential, not for existing assets - in other words, the gap between sell value of Liverpool with and without all the stars won't be higher than the star players can bring from transfer market, hence it's always financially profitable to sell anyone bringing OTT money. This is exactly how hedge fund brokers work and LFC is just a business asset for those cunning Yanks.

My only interest left for Liverpool now is wait for the day when those Yanks feel, enough of golden eggs, now we need to slaughter the goose for meat.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    We will eventually sell him for sure. Like Suarez he should be made to stay for one more season as it is to late to replace him now. He has to depart when it is right for the club, not him. Just hope he doesn't end up biting someone like Suarez did forcing Liverpool to sell him before the window closes! Can't have a cannibal or vampire in the side
    You are also caught is the character assassination of players. Suarez gave everything to keep BRoger's job and take that mediocre bunch to almost impossible height - only for his to see that his teammates remain same - Sir Hendo & Barron Downing ............. what did you expect him to do - Chaal bhai, Stokes ke pass say 3 point nikale?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't really blame him - yet another season has started and Liverpool don't have a squad which is on par with Chelsea, Man City, Man Unt etc. The owners just haven't invested enough into the team. Just like Arsenal they seem content on spending moderately and then finishing 3rd, 4th or 5th. The owners will still make a killing and will then make the usual promise of 'next year will be ours'. And repeat. Coutinho is already 25 - he's at the peak of his career and deserves to be contending for league titles and the champions league. It's like the Sanchez situation over at Arsenal. These players deserve better.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    793 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    @MMHS - you've hit the nail on the head. These owners make the David Moores/Rick Parry era look like a Golden Age of Administration.

I have lost count of how many transfers they've bungled under this lot, how many "marquee signings" have been promised yet slipped away. Other clubs get on with their business but for us, every frickin' transfer is like a soap opera !

Can anyone explain how Michael Edwards is the Technical Director after his appalling record on the "transfer committee" ? He threw Rodgers under the bus and is now wrecking Klopp's tenure. But at Liverpool under FSG - incompetence is tolerated. Look at Alberto Moreno - loses us TWO Cup finals but still here !

We are not ruthless enough and these failures stems from the top.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    @MMHS - you've hit the nail on the head. These owners make the David Moores/Rick Parry era look like a Golden Age of Administration.

I have lost count of how many transfers they've bungled under this lot, how many "marquee signings" have been promised yet slipped away. Other clubs get on with their business but for us, every frickin' transfer is like a soap opera !

Can anyone explain how Michael Edwards is the Technical Director after his appalling record on the "transfer committee" ? He threw Rodgers under the bus and is now wrecking Klopp's tenure. But at Liverpool under FSG - incompetence is tolerated. Look at Alberto Moreno - loses us TWO Cup finals but still here !

We are not ruthless enough and these failures stems from the top.
    We are ruthless - to buy from Southampton, because no body is ready to over pay for their players and we are happy to pay a little higher (which actually compensates for the relatively lower wage & agent commission) for Saint's "Stars" & satisfy the fans. This time, Southampton has a player, for whom the likes of Chelsea, MCity or MU can be in the que - so the love affair between the 2 major port city of UK has turned bitter.

If those Yanks would have wanted to bring VVD - they would have put 75mn on 1st July and told Saints that take it or we'll have to "tap" your player .......... medical would have been completed by 2nd July. These Yanks played cat & mouse for 2 months, for Yarmalenko, then apparently missed the cut by 15 minutes.

Here the Yanks are saying that, because of tapping ...... as if they sold Sterling to MCity, like Makhdoom called Henry at Boston - buddy, can I talk to your boy?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Philippe Coutinho: Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says owners will decide on sale

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he will "have to accept" it if Philippe Coutinho leaves but expects the club owners to refuse to sell the player.

The midfielder submitted a transfer request after the Reds said he was not for sale and rejected a 100 million euros (£90m) bid from Barcelona.

Klopp suggested the decision was out of his hands as the "bosses will decide".

Liverpool drew 3-3 at Watford in their opening game of the season, which Coutinho missed with a back injury.

Ex-England defender Danny Mills told BBC Radio 5 live that Liverpool should "bite the bullet" and sell the 25-year-old.

He added: "I don't think Philippe Coutinho will stay at Anfield. He started with a statement calling for an amicable move, but four days later he submitted a transfer request. It is his dream move and I don't blame him in the slightest.

"Ultimately, Coutinho will simply remain unhappy and Liverpool simply need to bite the bullet. The club has a £100m asset there, a player who may want to force a move."

'I have no influence'

Spanish giants Barca have moved for the Brazilian after selling countryman Neymar to Paris St-Germain for a world record transfer of £200m.

The Spanish club's second offer to Liverpool for Coutinho, which was rejected immediately, comprised an initial 85 million euros (£76.8m) plus 15 million euros (£13.5m) in add-ons.

In a statement on Friday, Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group said its "definitive stance" was that "no offers will be considered".

Asked after Saturday's match if the transfer request changed anything, Klopp said: "You have to ask the club, but I don't think so because I think it was pretty clear what FSG said about it."

The German added to Sky Sports: "I am responsible for the whole team, all the players, so I need to be focused on the players who are available. The players who are not available, I have no influence over it.

"I have to accept decisions from the owners, that's how it is, and sometimes from the players. At this moment I am just concentrating on my team."

'Coutinho could stay'

Liverpool signed Coutinho from Inter Milan for £8.5m in 2013 and midfielder was the club's leading scorer last season with 14 goals in all competitions.

He signed a new five-year deal in January, which did not include a release clause.

"In my opinion, Liverpool should say 'thank you very much for your service, we'll keep this professional, on you go'," ex-Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas told BBC Radio 5 live.

"The problem is are Barcelona ever going to come back? If they go out and find someone else, that chance has gone.

"He will be looking at this from a player's perspective going: 'This is my opportunity. I've given everything I can for Liverpool, this is my one chance to get to Barcelona and I'm going to do whatever it takes to get there'.

"It is going to get messy. The player wants to leave. The club have given him almost nowhere to move."

Former England defender Matthew Upson feels otherwise. He said: "I think Philippe Coutinho could well still be at Liverpool at the end of the transfer window. A lot of money is on offer but I can't see that Liverpool need that money."

How a topsy-turvy Friday unfolded

10:00 BST - Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group releases statement saying its "definitive stance" is that "no offers for Coutinho will be considered".

11:00 - Jurgen Klopp holds his pre-match news conference and says Coutinho has a back problem and is likely to miss the next two games. The German says the midfielder has not fully trained in a week.

12:20 - Reports surface that Coutinho has handed in a transfer request. Sky Sports reports a member of his family as saying: "Philippe has tried very hard to find an amicable solution to this situation but to no avail."

12:30 - Liverpool deny reports Coutinho has asked to leave.

13:50 - It emerges Coutinho emailed the club after training, stating his desire to leave.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40909543

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    You are also caught is the character assassination of players. Suarez gave everything to keep BRoger's job and take that mediocre bunch to almost impossible height - only for his to see that his teammates remain same - Sir Hendo & Barron Downing ............. what did you expect him to do - Chaal bhai, Stokes ke pass say 3 point nikale?
    As a fan I am entitled to criticise millionaire players. Few days back I even bought LFC merchandise in the form of a mug I have a problem when players break their contracts. Players have way to much power now. Club's need to do something about this like L'pool are. I am concerned that we are becoming a feeder club for Barcelona and Read Madrid. Over the years have sold Maschereno and Suarez to Barca where as Real took Owen, McMnaman and Alonso from us. We can't become a top team until we stop selling our best players. Suarez did not do us any favours by doing so well for us, it is what he was paid for.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    As a fan I am entitled to criticise millionaire players. Few days back I even bought LFC merchandise in the form of a mug I have a problem when players break their contracts. Players have way to much power now. Club's need to do something about this like L'pool are. I am concerned that we are becoming a feeder club for Barcelona and Read Madrid. Over the years have sold Maschereno and Suarez to Barca where as Real took Owen, McMnaman and Alonso from us. We can't become a top team until we stop selling our best players. Suarez did not do us any favours by doing so well for us, it is what he was paid for.
    Here, I'll have to disagree, because big clubs keep the game (transfer market), at their hand, through buy-out clause.

What is buy-out clause? It's a contract between players & club, negotiated for a certain amount, period & wage. It varies a little in different leagues, but more or less idea is same - a player has a certain amount on his head - matching that one can "unlock" the player, even the player himself can buy his contract & become a free agent; but before that, he won't be able to even show his dissatisfaction, let alone putting a transfer request.

Now, big clubs always work with Buy-out clause with their star names. If anyone wants to hire one of their such player that they don't wish to sell, simply the buyer has to match the buy-out clause - no tapping, no drama, no media mockery, no transfer request. For example, take Neymar - Barca don't want to sell him, he wants to leave & PSG is ready to pay his E222mn buy-out contract. But, Barca used their influence in Spanish FA (it's basically run by 2 Clubs, among top leagues, Spain is the most corrupt & monopolized) to block PSG paying that amount - so the Qataris hired Neymar for a sort of consultancy & paid him E222mn as service charge, his agent paid the amount to Barca, and in few days he is a PSG player. No disruption, no time delay, no bad mouth ... everything is smooth & now Barca has a month to find some replacement.

Few years back, I forgot the Left-back's name (Gabi Heinze probably), was to leave MU & Rafa was damn interested - but SAF won't sell his player to Liverpool, and he had a buy-out clause for Heinze, which was far higher than what LFC would pay (7mn ?), and actually he wasn't worth of that price. SAF's offer to him was that, if you want to go to Liverpool, they'll need to pay out your buy-out clause; but elsewhere outside EPL, you can go to highest bidder and you can get a better wage deal (because that club can pay higher wage, as they are paying much lower in fees) - he ended up at Real at a very good wage for a reserve LB.

Nobody is loyal to his club these days - even if someone pays half a billion on Messi's buy-out, he'll leave for a wage of 1mn/week. Why doesn't LFC go for Buy-out clause with their stars - there is the bluff from those Yanks. Buy-out actually costs you much higher in wage bill. Simply, say PC was at 150K/week (British Pound), and his open contract was till 2022, which means, if he wishes to stay till then LFC might not increase his wage, BUT he can leave whenever he wishes, either by mutual agreement amicably, or at worst by submitting a transfer request (which has a collateral damage). Now, say LFC wants to keep PC till 2022 & protect Manager from such disruptions at the 11th hour - so they decide to put a buy-out clause of BP125mn - do you think PC'll sign that without significant increase of wage?

That's exactly'll be the case next year, if Mane has another sparkling season. He is 25 now, was bought for 35mn, is valued roughly around 50mn, at around 85K/week - Liverpool wants to put a buy-out clause of 100mn in his contract till 2022, so that there is no such drama next year - whoever wants to take him, pay 100mn and he is gone in less than an hour. BUT, now, this'll need Yanks to increase Mane's wage to at least 150K/week. And, this is universal - if you want to put a buy-out clause, you'll have to pay significantly higher. Even, some agents has a table - what'll be the wage & his commission, if the player is under open contract or with a buy-out.

Now, these Yanks operate, with a strict wage cap, which doesn't allow to establish buy-out clause by the Manager - for a club, still 8th richest in world, and without CL football for 4 years, still hitting the top 10 gross revenue table of Club football every year; still is among top 5, in terms of % highest occupancy despite not winning the league for 25 years of a 54K gate (try to buy a ticket at Anfield in a short notice), still has a 7 years' long waiting list for season ticket & still has one of top 6 highest on-line global fan base.

It was 1988 first time when Liverpool was stripped off from Europe, that a Liverpool player was hired by a club, without Manager's wish (Ian Rush to Juve) - only because Rush wanted to play in European Cup (he returned next year); now, under those hungry Yanks in last 12 years, it has become a destiny that, anyone having a couple of good seasons'll leave Anfield next year.

Football is business, but you need passion to run a club & win trophies - if your club is run by the accountant, rather than the Manager, none of your star players'll stay for long.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Might be a repeat of the Suarez situation where we get one final year out of him with the agreement he can move to Barcelona next year.

Once again, FSG's business model is exposed for the arrogance, mediocrity and lack of ambition it entails. Players aren't gonna wait forever for a "project" to materialise - they have short careers and want to maximise their earnings and medals won.

We can't provide either. They ain't gonna stay because Jurgen Klopp provides big hugs and great memes. But we never learn do we.

And those fans talking about replacements - yes because the club have done a magnificent job in the past of replacing key players haven't they ? You trust this club, who've bungled transfer after transfer in the last 5 years, to find an adequate replacement ?
    This. It's especially funny when people on social media are playing it as fantasy football/fm/fifa naming who they would replace him with. We haven't managed to strengthen the squad (CM, CB, LB, and even the goalkeeper situation has been ignored but we saw Mignolet looking like he was playing his first match for the club yesterday etc.) in two and a half months but now we can do all of that and replace Coutinho in a couple of weeks.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll join Barca on last week - before that, LFC will fake injury to keep him out of games & risk injury. This was the plot well before Neymar going to PSG - only PSG has brought fortunes to those Yanks to strip Barca.

These Yanks have sold Starling & Suarez - then brought Origi & Inggs ........ Now, they'll promise 400mn for next June. They (& their paid media) now are doing character assassination of PC - but truth is,if they were to bend down to player power then they could have told Barca the price on the day Neymar left - they just waited for clock to run.

Personally, I don't blame PC or Suarez - these are top professionals, they do know who are playing with them at LFC and whom are those Yanks & their Manager going to bring. These players can't spend their best 6/7 years trying to keep LFC at 4th, so that those Yanks can fill their coffer. Top players don't leave only for money, but they do know what's their limit & where they can pull a mediocre bunch up to.

I can bet instead of those Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno/Robertson, Can, Henderson, Firmino & Wijanldum, pick a XI (& not Hollywood XI with Mafia or Oil money) without PC -

GK - Hugo Lloris (He is at 100K/week & priced at 23mn - Levi'll sell him for 35mn with smile). if not Leno or Handanovic is faaaaaar better than what we have now

Raktic (part of PC deal), Vidal (48mn & 170K/week for real steel, lots of experience & true class - Bayern'll love to cash on a 30 years old with less than 2 years contract left)

Mane, Firmino, Salah

Diego Costa (50mn + 225K/week. He wants to move out, but not in China - CFC'll sell him, because, if not by Jan 2019, he'll go for free, and Conte doesn't want him around his squad. Still just 28, a real street fighter, who shed blood for the shirt).

Bench - Danny Ward, Lovren, Trent Arnold, Milner, Wijnaldum/Lallana, Henderson & Sturridge

I can bet, next year, several "Stars" from paradise life style of London, Paris, Madrid, Turin, Milan, Barca, Munich or Dortmund .... would love to join Klopp at the slums of Liverpool - but that'll make those Yanks quarter billion poorer & their accountant counting 35mn extra in annual wage.

Disgusted with the same story every year - sometimes tapping, sometimes missing dead line, sometimes not fitting Manager's style, sometimes not sold by the current club ...... but, bottom line is Yanks will make money out of transfer window from sale.
    You know your football almost as much as your cricket.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

I don't have the time to read your billion lines so keep it short. We made Coutinho, he was no one at Inter Milan until we came calling. As Steven Gerard says leaving so late with the transfer window about to close will ruin Liverpool's season. He can go but only when the times is right for Liverpool. That hopefully will be next season at the earliest. Liverpool are under no pressure to release him so he can happily sulk in the stands all season if he wants. As a consequence will surely miss next seasons WC as well.
    http://www.empireofthekop.com/2017/0...ls-no-punches/

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

I don't have the time to read your billion lines so keep it short. We made Coutinho, he was no one at Inter Milan until we came calling. As Steven Gerard says leaving so late with the transfer window about to close will ruin Liverpool's season. He can go but only when the times is right for Liverpool. That hopefully will be next season at the earliest. Liverpool are under no pressure to release him so he can happily sulk in the stands all season if he wants. As a consequence will surely miss next seasons WC as well.
    I've heard from club sources he will go. I hope they are wrong but when a club makes such a big offer for a player and the player wants to go it usually happens.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I've heard from club sources he will go. I hope they are wrong but when a club makes such a big offer for a player and the player wants to go it usually happens.
    So you know LFC sources? The owners will decide more then anyone else. Just yesterday they made it clear that he will not be sold this transfer window. Sure he will go but hopefully at the end of the season.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

I hope so - this is a WC year, so Coutinho can't sit idle, neither can show lack of motivation - but, that's if the Yanks are not willing to sell. Don't ever think that, I am excited to sell PC for 134mn, so that we have 450mn kitty next year

I am telling you opposite story bro - both, Mian Bibi razi, only they are delaying so that Baratis don't eat up all the biriani ..................

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you know LFC sources? The owners will decide more then anyone else. Just yesterday they made it clear that he will not be sold this transfer window. Sure he will go but hopefully at the end of the season.
    I know someone who does. Whether he goes or not, the club will always put out they are not selling as PC is considered Liverpools best player, its to stop fans from being angry at those who run the club. I hope he does stay another season, we need him in the Champions League, lets see.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    I know someone who does. Whether he goes or not, the club will always put out they are not selling as PC is considered Liverpools best player, its to stop fans from being angry at those who run the club. I hope he does stay another season, we need him in the Champions League, lets see.
    The fans will go insane and mad beyond belief if the owners sell him. Have a had a terrible transfer window as it stands unable to sign our top targets Keita and Van Dijk. Additionally, if we sell our best player there could be a civil war at Anfield. Fans v board and owners.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so angry at this window it is unbelievable. Liverpool haven't done activity even close to what our other challengers have. Chelsea, despite winning the league have made some good signings. United and City have made big investments. I'd say West Ham has done better business than Liverpool.

The main issue is defense and Klopp has barely touched upon this issue. I expect a 7th-8th place finish if they don't address these fast.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    West Ridings
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salah bought to replace Coutinho.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel he will stay if we make it to the Champions League group stages. Today's first leg win and with the transfer window nearing closure it is becoming difficult for him to leave. Ro Coutinho ro

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LFC have made the decision to sell, but are just trying to get more money out of Barca. £118 Million is a good offer, they should accept and end this drama.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mane, Firmino, Salah

Vidal and Costa would join other clubs before even considering Liverpool. Bayern wouldn't mind cashing in but who has told you Vidal would want to join Liverpool? Same with Racktic. Barcalona might offer a trade but you can't force the player to join.

Digne and VVD could happen.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coutinho is overvalued and overhyped. He isn't the solution to Barca's struggles.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another bid of £113 million from Barca has been rejected according to http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...from-barcelona and many other reports. The Spanish club should get the message now instead of begging for him. We can't afford to sell him so close to the closure of the transfer window. Also shows that reports of Coutinho saying "I won't play for Liverpool again" are complete lies. We need to buy more quality not sell one of our best players, selling him now would mean having to find an able replacement in under two weeks. Makes no sense.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Another bid of £113 million from Barca has been rejected according to http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...from-barcelona and many other reports. The Spanish club should get the message now instead of begging for him. We can't afford to sell him so close to the closure of the transfer window. Also shows that reports of Coutinho saying "I won't play for Liverpool again" are complete lies. We need to buy more quality not sell one of our best players, selling him now would mean having to find an able replacement in under two weeks. Makes no sense.
    The Yanks will sell him. They are delaying it for better bargain & to keep the bulk chunk of the money unspent. Here are the real reason why it's getting delayed -

The jury is out on whether Liverpool made the right decision to reject Barcelona's £118 million bid for Philippe Coutinho on Friday.

However, it would appear Liverpool's reasoning for rejecting Barcelona's bid wasn't just because they want to keep Coutinho.

As previously reported, Barca offered the Reds an initial £82.1 million and then £36.5 million worth of various add-ons.

It turns out that Barcelona included no less than FIVE ridiculous conditions in order for Liverpool to be paid the full sum of £118 million - and they are:

1. Coutinho winning multiple trophies in the same season
    2. Winning multiple Champions League titles
    3. Winning the Ballon d'Or as the world's best player
    4. Winning multiple trophies and the Ballon d'Or in the same season
    5. Payment of the basic £80m fee staggered over five years

It's no wonder Liverpool said no to Barcelona's offer. The Blaugrana have £198 million to play with following the sale of Neymar, yet they suggested staggering the initial £82.1 million over five years.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

To hell with Barca always stealing our best players. They can also stick their stipulations up their nose as well. As I have stated before Cout will leave when it is right for Liverpool, nothing less. Even £82 million is a lot of money only if it is paid up front. Having just signed a five year contract Liverpool are in a strong position to bargain with the Spaniards. Current clubs of all possible replacements we are eyeing are also refusing to sell so this quagmire will continue until the window shuts. My immediate concern is why we are not making any additional signings in midfield and defence, the clock is ticking with under two weeks to go now. Even with Coutinho the squad is still not strong enough.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

To hell with Barca always stealing our best players. They can also stick their stipulations up their nose as well. As I have stated before Cout will leave when it is right for Liverpool, nothing less. Even £82 million is a lot of money only if it is paid up front. Having just signed a five year contract Liverpool are in a strong position to bargain with the Spaniards. Current clubs of all possible replacements we are eyeing are also refusing to sell so this quagmire will continue until the window shuts. My immediate concern is why we are not making any additional signings in midfield and defence, the clock is ticking with under two weeks to go now. Even with Coutinho the squad is still not strong enough.
    No, FSG steal our players.

A club that sells it's best players will never keep ambitious players. Rafa took LFC to CL Final & within 2 points of EPL - what we needed was just couple of marque buys, once SAF left united, there were 3/4 years blank in EPL when we could have won couple of titles. These Yanks sold Torres at 27, Suarez at 28 when they were at prime. These players won't waste their best 5/6 years to buy FSG a CL ticket as 4th team. They do know what's the ambition of the owners & who are playing around them. The burning example is Steve G - had he left for Chelsea in summer of 2005, after CL win, when he was just 24, he would have won at least 5 EPLs by the end of career.

Barca targets our players because it's a soft target - any other owners with such a financially strong club won't have allowed to strip their club as such. This year PC, just wait for next year, if Mane has full season like the way he has started.

What you read regarding players not coming to Liverpool or leaving us for lack of CL or for the life style of Liverpool City, is absolute rubbish - truth is Lecazzette joined Arsenal for 48mn, in a year they are not in CL. I have read rubbish like top players don't want to live in Liverpool, but they are happy to live at 35mns drive away at Manchester, they are happy at Turin, Dortmund .... even Lyon, Barcelona are not like London, Paris, Madrid or Milan. Three players, just 3 players for the starting XI, and that won't cost more than that "promised" 200mn - this Liverpool side can take the title battle till 38th round - and, you'll see players not handing transfer request, even if Real or Bayern comes.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

You see we can only believe in what we are reading unless you have sources within Anfield. All summer we have chased Van Dijk and Keita getting nowhere. Other targets also seem to be unavailable according to their clubs but selling club's always say that before deals are made. I wanted Gillette and Hicks out as much as anyone else, didn't trust them at all.

This window is the acid test for the current owners as far as I am concerned. Must also say that Klopp also never seems serious always laughing and giggling about everything with those terribly stained teeth. Do a Brendan Rodgers by getting them cleaned . Back to Football, we didn't make any offers for Lecazzette with so many forwards at the club already he is not required.

I feel the owners will spend if the players become available. Seems that no one wants to sell our top targets.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

You see we can only believe in what we are reading unless you have sources within Anfield. All summer we have chased Van Dijk and Keita getting nowhere. Other targets also seem to be unavailable according to their clubs but selling club's always say that before deals are made. I wanted Gillette and Hicks out as much as anyone else, didn't trust them at all.

This window is the acid test for the current owners as far as I am concerned. Must also say that Klopp also never seems serious always laughing and giggling about everything with those terribly stained teeth. Do a Brendan Rodgers by getting them cleaned . Back to Football, we didn't make any offers for Lecazzette with so many forwards at the club already he is not required.

I feel the owners will spend if the players become available. Seems that no one wants to sell our top targets.

You see, I have 3 problems with FSG -

1. Either way, at the end we'll have a net positive window. Since Klopp, our net spending is 23mn in 4 windows (as of now) - that's less than Watford, C Place. I focus on net spending, because apparently FSG has spent over 400mn since 2010; but 85% (around 343mn) was recouped from sell, for a club still among top 10 in gross revenue (without CL in 5 of the 7 seasons). This means (the sell amount) - this club always sells it's better players & don't allow Manager to build on his Project.

2. So far, there has been 7 excuses used for LFC not getting it's target - 1. No CL football, 2. Selling club isn't willing to sell, 3. High profile players don't want to come to middle class Liverpool, 4. Tapping incidence forced us not been able to buy the player, 5. Ran out of time in transfer window, 6. Manager's style - outside target player (s), no player fits Manager's system, 7. Work permit issue

If you analyze carefully - each of these excuses were used when a higher priced/waged player was targeted. And, none of these reasons came out of blue - this tells me that, it was designed. These days, tapping is a laughing excuse - in that regard Barca should have been sued by now; while Lecazzette example was to explain why that CL excuse was another bluff. Since FSG, two high profile people has opened their mouth after leaving LFC - B Rogers & CEO Ian Ayre; I am sure Klopp'll also change his words once he leaves Liverpool.

3. Start of every window, you'll see the most hottest cakes are tagged with us. This year Mbappe, Lecazzette, Asencio, Lemar, Mendy, Aubamyang, VVD, Kieta ..... Last year it was Higuan, Osmane Dembele, Payet, Liwandwiscki, Goetze, Rues ..... and I can go on - check eventually whom we brought, at what price & wage; then check whom we sold. This is a clear example of how you can use media to fool your fans.

I don't mind if we miss Kieta or VVD - but please come back when Klopp uses a make shift CB (Now Lucas is gone, so not sure whom he'll use) or Milner as DM - because there was no one else fitting his system. And, then we'll talk in January, when Klopp'll use at least 20 kids from academy for the Cup ties.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

Keep your mail's short. Even if the selling club is unwilling to sell there must be alternatives out there. I find it ridiculous to be obsessed with a Keita and Van Djik so much that we are forgetting what else is available. The midfield of Henderson and Wijnaldum versus Palace was incredibly unimaginative lacking creativity. For sure we are missing Lallana and Coutinho, big time. The clock is ticking on the owners, patient fans like me will turn on them if we don't bring in some major additions by the end of the month.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

Keep your mail's short. Even if the selling club is unwilling to sell there must be alternatives out there. I find it ridiculous to be obsessed with a Keita and Van Djik so much that we are forgetting what else is available. The midfield of Henderson and Wijnaldum versus Palace was incredibly unimaginative lacking creativity. For sure we are missing Lallana and Coutinho, big time. The clock is ticking on the owners, patient fans like me will turn on them if we don't bring in some major additions by the end of the month.

If you want to put an argument, try to explain it and be patient enough to read it - if my posts are too long for your patience, don't bother. Or try to teach me to write in short, keeping all the contents intact - give a try for the previous post, if you have the grasp of it. I can do a facebook style post - that's easier.

What you wrote here is outcome - everyone can see it, you don't need a genius to understand that Henderson, Wijnaldum & Can basically hit & run mid fielder - unless you tie them with a visionary passer, they won't create much, neither they'll protect back line, because of their indiscipline & poor position sense. What I wrote in my essay is actually how the plot is set to come into this conclusion that Barca steals our players while Klopp is too stubborn not to buy anyone beyond his targets.

For example, what little I understand - PC's last 2 years, which were by far his best 2 years, he had about 20 goals & 20 assists in 60+ matches; that's BANG AVERAGE for a No. 10 of such price & wage - someone like Manuel Lanzini can serve that easily - but that'll cost those Yanks at least 50mn & 120K/week now - instead they'll force their Manager to explain why Lallana or Henderson or even Grujic at that spot fits his system better. Please do suffer a bit of pain for reading my posts & then we can discuss, otherwise there are several tabloids to put one liners, you can enjoy those.

Regarding LFC connection - no I don't have any now & don't live in that City. But, you don't need to hear everything from horses mouth if you can connect the dots. The mistake that FSG has done this time is to appoint Klopp, a known coon; they should have sticked to BRogers for their "Operating model". If you want an explanation of this - again this'll become an essay, so let's not go there.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

Patience is not my strong points. I only read a few lines. Now you said some weeks back that Coutinho will be leaving this summer, I said he will not. Thus far you are wrong and will remain so as Barca's supposed deadline of Sunday has past. Perhaps with a long face but Coutinho is staying. As for FSG I am not judging them until the window closes, simple.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

Patience is not my strong points. I only read a few lines. Now you said some weeks back that Coutinho will be leaving this summer, I said he will not. Thus far you are wrong and will remain so as Barca's supposed deadline of Sunday has past. Perhaps with a long face but Coutinho is staying. As for FSG I am not judging them until the window closes, simple.
    Agreed, let's wait till 2nd SEP.

Regarding FSG, standing today on the verge of qualifying for CL group stages, we should have a starting line up like this

GK: Ll oris
    4: Clyne, Matip, VVD, Hector/Rodriguez
    2*: Vidal, Alli
    3: Mane, Coutinho, Sterling
    2: Suarez
    -------------------------------------------------
    Mignolet, Lovren, Sakho, Digne, Henderson, Sturridge, Salah .....

* Arturo Vidal left Leverkusen in 2011 for Juve, when we were in CL & Leverkussen's Manager was our old boy Sammi Hyppia - Vidal was 24 then & that deal didn't go for us because Yanks were not ready to pay $15mn (5mn extra) & $125K/week to a player easily one of the best in this decade at his spot. Alli even pleaded to come to his life long supported club Liverpool, but $10mn for a 18 years old kid in 2015 was too much for those Yanks.

Bottom line is, our squad is too weak for star players to stay or come - Yanks have successfully made us a mid-table selling club, who are financially stable & happy to stay at 4th every year.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Barca will be better of getting Dybala and Goretzka

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

I think Sterling left as Man City offered him more money. Perhaps he would have stayed had Klopp been manager at the time. I don't want greedy players like him at Anfield whose only motivation is only money. I agree, that the owners should have taken the same stance on Suarez that they have on Coutinho. Hopefully, if we keep Cout it will prove that signing a long term contract still gives the club a lot of power. There are many players we have strongly been linked with but missed out on for whatever reason. Alli, Willian, Eriksen and Salah the first time round. It may not necessarily be because of the owners, the transfer committee or whatever you call them also seem to be to slow in reacting. Barcelona must be given a strong message not to keep coming after our top player's, I am sick and tired of them.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diego Costa is another one we could have signed had the people involved in transfers been quicker. I think Chelsea will regret selling Solanke to us

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    @MMHS

I think Sterling left as Man City offered him more money. Perhaps he would have stayed had Klopp been manager at the time. I don't want greedy players like him at Anfield whose only motivation is only money. I agree, that the owners should have taken the same stance on Suarez that they have on Coutinho. Hopefully, if we keep Cout it will prove that signing a long term contract still gives the club a lot of power. There are many players we have strongly been linked with but missed out on for whatever reason. Alli, Willian, Eriksen and Salah the first time round. It may not necessarily be because of the owners, the transfer committee or whatever you call them also seem to be to slow in reacting. Barcelona must be given a strong message not to keep coming after our top player's, I am sick and tired of them.
    True. Starling was at around 35K/week at 18; Liverpool offered him around 85K as last offer, for 5 years' extension; MCity offered him 170K/week. MCity offer was ridiculous for a 19 years old, but we should have bargained for 140K/week & I believe he would have stayed because at LFC he was confirmed starter. It's not only what a player is worth, rather it's about strengthening your 1st XI & what others are offering to him - something hardly works when you have a wage cap. Certainly Pogba isn't worth around £300K/week; but Mou was supported because it improved his starting XI. This year, Pep has given Walker £125K/week, for a right back, who might not even start.

I am not saying that we should go bankrupt or need a Sugar dad, but in this market philosophy is you spend more, you earn even more. And, we do have the affordability. Our managers can't operate always at compromise choices.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    True. Starling was at around 35K/week at 18; Liverpool offered him around 85K as last offer, for 5 years' extension; MCity offered him 170K/week. MCity offer was ridiculous for a 19 years old, but we should have bargained for 140K/week & I believe he would have stayed because at LFC he was confirmed starter. It's not only what a player is worth, rather it's about strengthening your 1st XI & what others are offering to him - something hardly works when you have a wage cap. Certainly Pogba isn't worth around £300K/week; but Mou was supported because it improved his starting XI. This year, Pep has given Walker £125K/week, for a right back, who might not even start.

I am not saying that we should go bankrupt or need a Sugar dad, but in this market philosophy is you spend more, you earn even more. And, we do have the affordability. Our managers can't operate always at compromise choices.
    Sterling said he wanted to win trophies and he also had a bust up with Rodgers, money was a big part of course but I don't think that was the only reason.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sterling at the time of his departure was no way near a £140 k weekly player. We can't afford what the likes of City are paying unless some wealthy Arab takes over, I wouldn't mind that at all. Anyway, under two weeks to go and I want some signings! NOW!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    Sterling said he wanted to win trophies and he also had a bust up with Rodgers, money was a big part of course but I don't think that was the only reason.
    You had 3 points in this & I agree all 3. That's actually the case for every such depertures, including Owen -

1. Winning trophy
    2. Money
    3. Relation with manager

Now, the first two is entirely dependent on your owners - how ambitious they are & what's their vision. 3rd one is temporary actually - a good lunch together & 121 conversation serves miracles in this regard. There are many many such busy ups at Real, Barca, Bayern or MU - but top players don't leave next day. When Liverpool was run by managers rather accountants, Shankley, Piesley, Fagan or Dalglish used to keep players at their sleeves & there were few star players in that Lverpool side of 70s & 80s.

Liverpool is still among top 10 clubs in terms of revenue, that's without CL - it has top 5 global fan base despite not witnning league in last 26 years - just imagine if we had the results like MU, Real, Barca, Bayern or Juve in this internet era!!! It still has the highest gate in UK after MU & Arsenal and has one of top 5 endorsement deals in club football, and the club has one of the lowest % of loan on club (MU's loan amount must have crossed billion after Mou era), which requires little debt servicing.

Based on the financials, I find our owners extremely disengaged & least interested in winning trophies - they are focused more of building club as an asset so that it has a bigger resale value. Top players do recognize the latent motive of it's owners - they end up leaving at first chance.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Sterling at the time of his departure was no way near a £140 k weekly player. We can't afford what the likes of City are paying unless some wealthy Arab takes over, I wouldn't mind that at all. Anyway, under two weeks to go and I want some signings! NOW!
    Last year, Mou, Pep, Conte were new in EPL, while Wnger was unsettled .... and we didn't have mid week ties; so we edged past MU for 4th (that too because JoMou could see an alternative gate through Europa league), while without mid-week ties, Conte won EPL with 2 games at hand.

This year, we'll have highest number of matches for CL qualifier; this is a WC year, so leagues'll be squeezed to end by early May; players will leave frequently for more WC qualifiers/preparatories. On top of that, each of the contenders have strengthened their squad significantly, apart from Chelsea (who'll do it in last 10 days for sure) and we have sold more than we have bought so far. And, this is 2nd year of Mou, Pep, Conte while Arsene must have discussed his scope & budget before signing extension - he is offering Sanchez 300k/week not from air.

That "NOW" of yours was never, never such desperate like this - trust me. As of now, Everton actually has a better squad than us, may be our starting XI is better, but that has little to do with a 38 match marathon.
    Last edited by MMHS; 22nd August 2017 at 13:43.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year, Mou, Pep, Conte were new in EPL, while Wnger was unsettled .... and we didn't have mid week ties; so we edged past MU for 4th (that too because JoMou could see an alternative gate through Europa league), while without mid-week ties, Conte won EPL with 2 games at hand.

This year, we'll have highest number of matches for CL qualifier; this is a WC year, so leagues'll be squeezed to end by early May; players will leave frequently for more WC qualifiers/preparatories. On top of that, each of the contenders have strengthened their squad significantly, apart from Chelsea (who'll do it in last 10 days for sure) and we have sold more than we have bought so far. And, this is 2nd year of Mou, Pep, Conte while Arsene must have discussed his scope & budget before signing extension - he is offering Sanchez 300k/week not from air.

That "NOW" of yours was never, never such desperate like this - trust me. As of now, Everton actually has a better squad than us, may be our starting XI is better, but that has little to do with a 38 match marathon.
    That is what I am saying that we need new players. When I left a comment of Everton having been better then us in the transfer market on an LFC website our fans bit my head off in anger. We need a holding and perhaps even an attacking midfielder with Lucas sold and Lallana a long tern injury. Wijnaldum and Henderson running the show in the middle just won't do.

There are options in the market in Klopp really wants to make some signings. I feel it is his reluctance more then anything that is responsible for us not signing new names. A few injuries means we are scraping the barrel.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    That is what I am saying that we need new players. When I left a comment of Everton having been better then us in the transfer market on an LFC website our fans bit my head off in anger. We need a holding and perhaps even an attacking midfielder with Lucas sold and Lallana a long tern injury. Wijnaldum and Henderson running the show in the middle just won't do.

There are options in the market in Klopp really wants to make some signings. I feel it is his reluctance more then anything that is responsible for us not signing new names. A few injuries means we are scraping the barrel.
    Most of the LFC fans writing in the site spend much of their time in pubs around the port, so leave it to them.

The depth of our squad is at all time lowest - and this is by design, by our owners, to educe the wage bill. I give you classic example - Lucas wasn't desperate to leave LFC, he is just 30 & has retired from Brazil (that means his 100% is for LFC & he won' be travelling to South America in mid week), and he earned only $9mn from Turkey - so, transfer money wasn't an issue, neither Manager's dislike because Klopp used him for at least 25 matches last year. YET, without securing a single defensive shield, he was sold my mid July, ONLY because being senior, he was charging 4.5mn BP/year & he won't negotiate salary for extension. This was simply sick from those Yanks.

Mignolet is a pain sometimes, but he is Belgium No. 2, experienced & quite handy at times - you can keep him. But, those Yanks bought a GK from Germany, who at 23 was available for BP4.5mn in this crazy market, because he was ready to accept 50K/week (When DDG & Courtoise is at 200K/week, Lloris at 120K & Cech at around 150K).

Just wait and see what happens in these 10 days, and then how Klopp saves the face of his employers, because they pay him 225K/week on a 7 year deal, which can go to 250K+ with bonus. Only 3 Managers are at higher wage now - Pep, Mou & Ancellotti - then look at what type of players they are handling. Klopp punched way above weight last year, but if you ask me - this year, we need 7, I repeat 7 additional players to compete for a top 4 finish, excluding PC.

- 4 to go directly in starting XI - GK, a CB, a DM & a CF (Firmino isn't CF, at best false 9, that too bang average - any quality CF would have got a hat-trick against Watford)
    - 3 for the squad - cover for DM & LB, another winger. If Lallana is out for 4 months, you have to add a CM as well.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Just curious, and pardon me if it is a silly question, but I don't really watch football. What does the player do in a situation such as this, where they've made it clear they want to leave but the club won't let them go. Do they still need to go through the motions, i.e. take part in training, attend matches etc? How do the fans react? Does the player get jeered and booed etc?

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Nostalgic

If a player is unhappy then it depends on his contract. His current club can sell him or he can run it down then depart on a free transfer. Fans are normally rightly upset with such players like Coutinho who just signed a new contract in January. With Liverpool having refused to sell him he can continue moaning or do the right thing by getting over his disappointment, by refusing to play he can say goodbye to representing Brazil at next years World Cup as well. Often it is the agents who wrongly advise their client so to make good money by their transfer but this tactic can also backfire as is the case with Coutinho. Now he is trying to suggest his agent is to blame for wrongly advising him as he attempts to get back in to Liverpool's good books. Football and fans will be the winner's if he is made to stay. To much player power is killing the game.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 22nd August 2017 at 20:57.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours that Barcelona are about to increase their bid to £130 million with about £100 million up front. That is great money for someone we signed for £8 million. Would be surprised if Liverpool accepted it this close to the closure of the transfer window.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It all depends on how Liverpool's owners see it. From a purely business perspective, it's a no brainer, get rid and get a decent replacement. You'll never get someone as good as him so close to deadline day, but if you can just abnout manage to January you could go for someone then.

It would be a bad move not to sell him and get that amount of money, I mean he's good, seriously good, but 100million good? No chance. In today's market he's probably a bit below the Suarez price tag, so around 60million I'd say.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could easily buy 3 really good players with his sale.

Tbh Liverpool need 2 good centre backs - however not many around, unless you buy the Germany defenders or that napoli khoubali centre back
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 26th August 2017 at 22:54.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy7 View Post
    Could easily buy 3 really good players with his sale.

Tbh Liverpool need 2 good centre backs - however not many around, unless you buy the Germany defenders or that napoli khoubali centre back
    For sure we could buy three world class players for that money. In addition to the possible Coutinho sale the owners are also supposedly putting up £100 million as well. Problem is Klopp who like Wenger does not want to spend, he is obsessed in signing Keita and Van Dijk. It is now to close to the closure of the transfer window for us to sell Coutinho then use that money wisely.