Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 88
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,039
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    India [487] beat Sri Lanka [135 & 181] by an innings and 171 runs in the 3rd Test to win series 3-0

    Sri Lanka (Playing XI): Upul Tharanga, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis, Dinesh Chandimal(c), Angelo Mathews, Niroshan Dickwella(w), Dilruwan Perera, Malinda Pushpakumara, Lakshan Sandakan, Vishwa Fernando, Lahiru Kumara

    India (Playing XI): Shikhar Dhawan, Lokesh Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli(c), Ajinkya Rahane, Ravichandran Ashwin, Wriddhiman Saha(w), Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav

    India win the toss and opt to bat.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,321
    Mentioned
    791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Damn TWO chinaman bowlers in one match. Must be a first one huh?


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    7,739
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    India starting well 0/104 in 19 overs.


    Aaj ka kaam kal karo, Kal ka kaam parson. Aisi bhi jaldi kya hai, Jab jeena hai barson.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,413
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do India even bother playing their first XI in these games vs minnows like Sri Lanka? They should test their bench strength, at least in dead rubbers. Plenty of players that could form a pretty strong second XI.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Why do India even bother playing their first XI in these games vs minnows like Sri Lanka? They should test their bench strength, at least in dead rubbers. Plenty of players that could form a pretty strong second XI.
    Trust me this SL team is not as bad. If the series was between this SL team and Pak team, I bet series will be lot tighter. This indian team in Asian condition is as good as Windies of 80s and ausies of 2000s.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    431
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    Damn TWO chinaman bowlers in one match. Must be a first one huh?
    In the commentary, it was mentioned that Dave Mohamed (WI) and Paul Adams (SA) also played together a few years ago. Both chinaman.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    7,674
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    This indian team in Asian condition is as good as Windies of 80s and ausies of 2000s.
    So it's better than a team which consisted of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Sreesanth, Zaheer, Kumble? Interesting.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    4,525
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India in a bit of bother. 327/6 at the end of day-1.

    Dhawan as usual owned Lankan bowlers. The rest could not make much of the start.

    India might score around 430runs from here. Great chance for Pandya to shine with the bat.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haz95 View Post
    So it's better than a team which consisted of Sehwag, Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Sreesanth, Zaheer, Kumble? Interesting.
    In Asian condition, yes. Bowling unit now is much stronger now. You only put all big names in batting. Not sure why you slipped in Sreesanth there.LOL.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those days our batting was top class and was the best. But as our bowling was relying heavily on Kumble. So we had so many draws.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,576
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    Trust me this SL team is not as bad. If the series was between this SL team and Pak team, I bet series will be lot tighter. This indian team in Asian condition is as good as Windies of 80s and ausies of 2000s.
    Didnt they just play the closest series that the Ausies have had in Asia .
    Lost a test to Steve 'O keefe of all people. Calm down . Indian test side is decent by their standards but nothing extraordinary as yet .

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    1,083
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At end India is 326/6..not bad score on this track.
    Pandya and Saha have opportunity to score 50s atleast and take score to 430 odd.
    As for SL team, it is not great but it aint bad team. Currently they are bieng out batted thats all.
    I think Pakistan is touring SL soon right?Lets see if SL is dominated similarly in that series by Pakistan.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    955
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mp812rediff View Post
    At end India is 326/6..not bad score on this track.
    Pandya and Saha have opportunity to score 50s atleast and take score to 430 odd.
    As for SL team, it is not great but it aint bad team. Currently they are bieng out batted thats all.
    I think Pakistan is touring SL soon right?Lets see if SL is dominated similarly in that series by Pakistan.
    I think SL is touring Pakistan in UAE.
    On topic: Test match is evenly balanced right now. However, if India's tail wag and take score to close to 500 then its gonna be difficult task for SL. But if they manage to pull back and get India bundled out for less than 400 then game is on! It will be first time in series where SL will bat without much scoreboard pressure(score of 600 and above).
    India should try to score 500 and let SL bat at least one whole session tomorrow and try to get 3-4 wickets to put SL under pressure.

    Finally, we are seeing some form of fight between two sides after 2 one side boring match.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,908
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We have to score atleast 400 here.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,348
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya and Saha, both good low order batsmen. Soooo ..... a score of 400 is quite possible. It depends on what sort of a batting plan they have tomorrow morning. I don't think they will have a go at the SL bowlers in the first session. They may in the second session, if they last that long !!!!!!!!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    Didnt they just play the closest series that the Ausies have had in Asia .
    Lost a test to Steve 'O keefe of all people. Calm down . Indian test side is decent by their standards but nothing extraordinary as yet .
    So those Windies and Aussies never lost a single game? Dude series result was 3-1. That was the only game lost in 20 wins. Stop fooling people here by calling that series as a failure for indian team. Have seen enough cricket to have witnessed ave player playing like champion in a game and then found out right after.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,345
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    So those Windies and Aussies never lost a single game? Dude series result was 3-1. That was the only game lost in 20 wins. Stop fooling people here by calling that series as a failure for indian team. Have seen enough cricket to have witnessed ave player playing like champion in a game and then found out right after.
    The Indian team hasn't been challenged to compare them to 2000s Australia.

    But it's ok though cos they beat SL away. Amazing job. I wish they do themselves one better and beat Zimbabwe away too to cement your idea that they're the greatest ever. That'd really hammer your point home I'm sure of it.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    The Indian team hasn't been challenged to compare them to 2000s Australia.

    But it's ok though cos they beat SL away. Amazing job. I wish they do themselves one better and beat Zimbabwe away too to cement your idea that they're the greatest ever. That'd really hammer your point home I'm sure of it.
    Did you read my post properly? I said in ASIAN condition.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    The Indian team hasn't been challenged to compare them to 2000s Australia.

    But it's ok though cos they beat SL away. Amazing job. I wish they do themselves one better and beat Zimbabwe away too to cement your idea that they're the greatest ever. That'd really hammer your point home I'm sure of it.
    As you brought in Zimbabwe, you think Zimbabwe is better than Windies? India recently beat Windies away.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,039
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a day..Chelsea beaten..Sri Lanka on top in the test... thats why we love sport !!! Yeah !!!</p>&mdash; Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) <a href="https://twitter.com/RusselArnold69/status/896401742866268160">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

    Did I misread India's score?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,039
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sri Lanka&#39;s win percentage in Test matches is 31% ..... India&#39;s is 27% <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fact?src=hash">#fact</a></p>&mdash; Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) <a href="https://twitter.com/RusselArnold69/status/896191670902857729">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    @SL_Fan What is he up to?


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,211
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a day..Chelsea beaten..Sri Lanka on top in the test... thats why we love sport !!! Yeah !!!</p>— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) <a href="https://twitter.com/RusselArnold69/status/896401742866268160">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

    Did I misread India's score?
    Looks like Russel found a nice spot at his local pub.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    25,084
    Mentioned
    2518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sri Lanka's win percentage in Test matches is 31% ..... India's is 27% <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fact?src=hash">#fact</a></p>— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) <a href="https://twitter.com/RusselArnold69/status/896191670902857729">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    @SL_Fan What is he up to?


    Have no idea champ I don’t think he even knows what he’s talking about 99.9% of the time haha.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    25,084
    Mentioned
    2518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Maybe he's trying to say that 31% > 21%. If so then he might actually have a point there for once.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    25,084
    Mentioned
    2518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    India sure are becoming very good at bashing minnows these days.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    208
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya has gone berserk, 26 runs in a over.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    858
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya gets maiden ton.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    208
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pandya you rockstar!! 103 runs 86 balls

  29. #29
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the 2nd biggest hitter in India after Pant, whatta Player

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,377
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunning century from Pandya! What an innings!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sandakan seems an amazing find, The next big thing for sure

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    3,576
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    Did you read my post properly? I said in ASIAN condition.
    That's because you refuse to play the only Asian side that hasnt lost a series at home in a decade . The top 5 or 6 sides are all pretty evenly matched with varying strengths depending on the conditions.
    This maybe a great side by Indian standards because frankly India does not have a great history in test cricket but by world standards nowhere near the great sides of the past.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,417
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by battler View Post
    Stunning century from Pandya! What an innings!
    Again proving his many critics here who would say "can't bat, has no technique..." wrong!

  34. #34
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is the first time i switched on tv to watch cricket after indian woman's shock defeat to Eng Woman in the WC Finals, and I started when Pandya was @ 52..... paisa vasool

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,713
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    That's because you refuse to play the only Asian side that hasnt lost a series at home in a decade . The top 5 or 6 sides are all pretty evenly matched with varying strengths depending on the conditions.
    This maybe a great side by Indian standards because frankly India does not have a great history in test cricket but by world standards nowhere near the great sides of the past.
    The standards you talk about , only WI and Aus qualify .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a almost 20 odd wide balls, Pandya gets frustrated and throws away the wicket, the only way he could be out today. Sandokan bowled well though, serious talent but a bad way to get wicket, just before getting out Pandya showed his frustration after being constantly being dished up wider and wider balls,there goes a chance of a double ton

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    208
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka 38 for 4

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    37,065
    Mentioned
    2164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    This is pathetic from SL.

    All out for 135 and will likely lose this match within 3 days....


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    953
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka 135/10. India enforcing follow-on.

    I wonder if this is a smart move. I believe India should bat again and declare after scoring 200 - 250.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    955
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sri Lanka's win percentage in Test matches is 31% ..... India's is 27% <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fact?src=hash">#fact</a></p>— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) <a href="https://twitter.com/RusselArnold69/status/896191670902857729">August 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    @SL_Fan What is he up to?
    Seriously can someone tell me how exactly he came up with that numbers?

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,610
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    Sri Lanka 135/10. India enforcing follow-on.

    I wonder if this is a smart move. I believe India should bat again and declare after scoring 200 - 250.
    That is a wise move. 350+ is really out of this Sri Lanka's reach. We should not be wasting time if there is chance of rain (Sri Lanka is prone to rains) A chance of clean whitewash should not be missed... We should not be bothered if we are to chase 100+ (which is remotely impossible anyways - Sri Lanka scoring 450+??? ) rather than the scare of rain/time.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow SL has a long road ahead. I remember Bedi telling Mendis will end up with 500 wickets after his first series. He fizzled out. They need new mystery bowlers. Steady seam bowler like Vaas. No matter how good their batting can get, until their bowling improve it will be very tough.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    1,265
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 2
    SL vs Ind STUMPS
    Sri Lanka 135 & 19/1
    India 487
    Sri Lanka trail by 333 runs


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    This is pathetic from SL.

    All out for 135 and will likely lose this match within 3 days....
    It happens when you play against real no 1 team.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    This is pathetic from SL.

    All out for 135 and will likely lose this match within 3 days....
    I bet this Indian team will win series in eng/aus/sa. Never seen Indian team being this good in test in last 25 yrs.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,348
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunate for SL's fans ...... but the Indians are looking like # 1 Team for sure !!!!!!!!!!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,321
    Mentioned
    791 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Terrible from Sri Lanka and the chief destroyer Sir RJ was not even there.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  48. #48
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,898
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Lanka fights back tmrw,if not this will be a disaster of a performance from them,minnow level almost.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,908
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    I bet this Indian team will win series in eng/aus/sa. Never seen Indian team being this good in test in last 25 yrs.
    Calm down and come back to earth. Few days ago you were downplaying South Africa's series win over Australia in Australia and saying it was due to same conditions. Now when we are winning against one of the worst Sri Lankan test team in the last 2 decades in the subcontinental conditions suddenly we are capable of beating Aus/SA/Eng in their own conditions?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,089
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Seriously can someone tell me how exactly he came up with that numbers?
    I think he is trolling cause in first match he was saying sri lanka will score 1000 runs and he was 100% sure. Should have played Pakistan in UAE.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Calm down and come back to earth. Few days ago you were downplaying South Africa's series win over Australia in Australia and saying it was due to same conditions. Now when we are winning against one of the worst Sri Lankan test team in the last 2 decades in the subcontinental conditions suddenly we are capable of beating Aus/SA/Eng in their own conditions?
    Don't tell me what I have to do. When I say this team is really good, I did not just consider this series. Guess your assumption was wrong as always.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,908
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Wow SL has a long road ahead. I remember Bedi telling Mendis will end up with 500 wickets after his first series. He fizzled out. They need new mystery bowlers. Steady seam bowler like Vaas. No matter how good their batting can get, until their bowling improve it will be very tough.
    Mystery bowlers don't last long.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,908
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    Don't tell me what I have to do. When I say this team is really good, I did not just consider this series. Guess your assumption was wrong as always.
    First of all I am not telling you to do anything. You posted something and I am replying to it. We have won series after series in subcontinental conditions in the past few months. It's natural for some fans to get over confident once again before the foreign tour begins. But it is not as easy as you think. For a start lets take a look at our A team's performance in South Africa. We got bowled out for just 120.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    955
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialisttailender View Post
    I think he is trolling cause in first match he was saying sri lanka will score 1000 runs and he was 100% sure. Should have played Pakistan in UAE.
    I don't think SL have scored 1000runs collectively in entire series so far

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    955
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    First of all I am not telling you to do anything. You posted something and I am replying to it. We have won series after series in subcontinental conditions in the past few months. It's natural for some fans to get over confident once again before the foreign tour begins. But it is not as easy as you think. For a start lets take a look at our A team's performance in South Africa. We got bowled out for just 120.
    I agree that winning series in Aus/SA wouldn't be that easy. However, with inculsion of Pandya as allrounder has strengthen this side. For the first time ever i feel this Indian side can upset South Africa away from home.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,908
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    I agree that winning series in Aus/SA wouldn't be that easy. However, with inculsion of Pandya as allrounder has strengthen this side. For the first time ever i feel this Indian side can upset South Africa away from home.
    Pandya is just a single piece of this puzzle. To win abroad you need atleast 6 guys to perform for you consistently. Kohli is the only guy who can perform consistently away from subcontinental conditions and he too is not in a good form these days. Rahane is the other guy who is good abroad but still has to prove his consistency.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    1,523
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Pandya is just a single piece of this puzzle. To win abroad you need atleast 6 guys to perform for you consistently. Kohli is the only guy who can perform consistently away from subcontinental conditions and he too is not in a good form these days. Rahane is the other guy who is good abroad but still has to prove his consistency.
    We came very close winning test matches abroad last time everywhere . we can bat anywhere in the world. our batting is best. its just our bowlers , if they can somehow take 20 wickets. we are there to stay at n.o 1 then for long long time.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    955
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    We came very close winning test matches abroad last time everywhere . we can bat anywhere in the world. our batting is best. its just our bowlers , if they can somehow take 20 wickets. we are there to stay at n.o 1 then for long long time.
    I think we do have bowlers who can take 20 wickets on seamer friendly pitches. As far as i know, we struggle to win(take 20 wickets) on flat pitches away from home.
    The only weak link in our bowling attack is U Yadav, even today when Shami was moving ball around, he was getting tonked. In his first three overs he went more than 7 runs and over
    I think U Yadav need a break, has been playing all forms of game for as far as i could remember. We really need Yadav that was bowling in England series last year. If he continues to bowl filth thn we would legit be one bowler short on away tour.

    Id give him rest for home series against Sri Lanka( or maybe send him to county to get some kind of form before SA tour) and pick Bhuvi.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    I think we do have bowlers who can take 20 wickets on seamer friendly pitches. As far as i know, we struggle to win(take 20 wickets) on flat pitches away from home.
    The only weak link in our bowling attack is U Yadav, even today when Shami was moving ball around, he was getting tonked. In his first three overs he went more than 7 runs and over
    I think U Yadav need a break, has been playing all forms of game for as far as i could remember. We really need Yadav that was bowling in England series last year. If he continues to bowl filth thn we would legit be one bowler short on away tour.

    Id give him rest for home series against Sri Lanka( or maybe send him to county to get some kind of form before SA tour) and pick Bhuvi.

    Yup India's biggest worry are flat pitches. That is where wrist spinners come into play.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    First of all I am not telling you to do anything. You posted something and I am replying to it. We have won series after series in subcontinental conditions in the past few months. It's natural for some fans to get over confident once again before the foreign tour begins. But it is not as easy as you think. For a start lets take a look at our A team's performance in South Africa. We got bowled out for just 120.
    Go re-read what you wrote and tell me if you did or did not ask me to do anything. Its my opinion that India have a team which will perform well in those three countries. I don't expect someone who always talks negative about India to accept it. I don't care either. So pls ignore if you don't like it or if you don't have same opinion. I don't have time to argue with you too.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,083
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This side is lot better to 2011 test team; esp captaincy and bowling. We are winning comprehensively with only 5 batters!

    Lower middle order which always been an Achilles heel for us in test cricket is strong now.


    ...

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    1,523
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    I think we do have bowlers who can take 20 wickets on seamer friendly pitches. As far as i know, we struggle to win(take 20 wickets) on flat pitches away from home.
    The only weak link in our bowling attack is U Yadav, even today when Shami was moving ball around, he was getting tonked. In his first three overs he went more than 7 runs and over
    I think U Yadav need a break, has been playing all forms of game for as far as i could remember. We really need Yadav that was bowling in England series last year. If he continues to bowl filth thn we would legit be one bowler short on away tour.

    Id give him rest for home series against Sri Lanka( or maybe send him to county to get some kind of form before SA tour) and pick Bhuvi.
    Shami has been our best bowler for quite some time. Yadav is good as well. yeah he needs rest . plus if we somehow improve slip catching and our spinners also do something because ashwin hasnt contributed anything outside asia . then we can take 20 wickets.
    we only took 20 wickets once at lords and we won that only match.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    83,449
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Comprehensive innings and 171 runs victory for India in 3rd Test - First away Test series whitewash for India


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  64. #64
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,898
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good we get some points, question is does those points count,oh yeah it does

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,178
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    I agree that winning series in Aus/SA wouldn't be that easy. However, with inculsion of Pandya as allrounder has strengthen this side. For the first time ever i feel this Indian side can upset South Africa away from home.
    South Africa are in disarray so if an Asian side was ever gonna win a Test series there then this is it

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    South Africa are in disarray so if an Asian side was ever gonna win a Test series there then this is it
    What do you have to say about people who call SA as real no 1 team and India as fake no one team?

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    592
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should go and have a look at the ICC test ranking table.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,178
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    What do you have to say about people who call SA as real no 1 team and India as fake no one team?
    same as what @squarecut says

    I think a year ago this time (when Pak and India were alternating at #1 rank) there was a strong case to be made as to who was the real #1 Test side and certainly India imo had a lot to prove

    Right now whereas India hasnt yet proved that they can be as good away as in Asia but regardless they are very very strong and are smashing sides for fun.

    India are currently #1 side no doubt imo. Doesnt mean this side would have been #1 a year or couple of years ago but thats not the point

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    8,918
    Mentioned
    1927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    That's because you refuse to play the only Asian side that hasnt lost a series at home in a decade . The top 5 or 6 sides are all pretty evenly matched with varying strengths depending on the conditions.
    This maybe a great side by Indian standards because frankly India does not have a great history in test cricket but by world standards nowhere near the great sides of the past.
    lol at Standard. did Pakistan reach 120+ points any time?


    ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

  70. #70
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    592
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC Ranking is not determined by historical records going back to decades. It is decided by performance over the last three years only. So bringing about many decades old facts to make your point vis a vis the current ICC ranking is pointless.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    South Africa are in disarray so if an Asian side was ever gonna win a Test series there then this is it
    So you have an excuse ready just in case if India manages to win the series.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ethan hunt View Post
    That's because you refuse to play the only Asian side that hasnt lost a series at home in a decade . The top 5 or 6 sides are all pretty evenly matched with varying strengths depending on the conditions.
    This maybe a great side by Indian standards because frankly India does not have a great history in test cricket but by world standards nowhere near the great sides of the past.
    At least in subcontinent, Indian side looks way better than Pakistan. Of course we would never know though. This Indian team team can bully anyone in subcontinent.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    592
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other team is always in disarray when they lose to India. For instance, England's 4-0 loss to India can be explained by the fact that England were in disarray. A few months later, the same England had miraculously recovered and defeated South Africa 3-1.

    Let us see how Sri Lanka performs in their next test series. They could well surprise their opponents in that series who may struggle to score half the total that Indians were scoring against Sri Lanka.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,346
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squarecut View Post
    The other team is always in disarray when they lose to India. For instance, England's 4-0 loss to India can be explained by the fact that England were in disarray. A few months later, the same England had miraculously recovered and defeated South Africa 3-1.

    Let us see how Sri Lanka performs in their next test series. They could well surprise their opponents in that series who may struggle to score half the total that Indians were scoring against Sri Lanka.
    How about India played better? Is it ever a possibility whenever India wins?

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    592
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India playing better is never a possibility if you are unwilling to give credit
    Last edited by squarecut; 14th August 2017 at 13:32.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,178
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    So you have an excuse ready just in case if India manages to win the series.


    Lolwut?

    Insecure much?

    Btw I said same thing when Pakistan toured Australia last summer. Australia had los 5 out of 6 before facing us.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,178
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    At least in subcontinent, Indian side looks way better than Pakistan. Of course we would never know though. This Indian team team can bully anyone in subcontinent.
    I think the current India team will beat current Pakistan

    But I don't think the India team of 2015-16 would have beaten Pakistan of then
    Last edited by hadi123; 14th August 2017 at 14:02.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I think the current India team will beat current Pakistan

    But I don't think the India team of 2015-16 would have beaten Pakistan of Ben
    People are talking about current Indian team. not sure why you are bringing in team of 2 yrs back. you did the same for other post as well about whether India is real no 1 or not.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    20,178
    Mentioned
    1099 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thehub View Post
    People are talking about current Indian team. not sure why you are bringing in team of 2 yrs back. you did the same for other post as well about whether India is real no 1 or not.
    Because you referred to people who call SA as number 1 team.

    So I assumed you were talking about a period of 12-18 months

    Who calls the CURRENT Saffer team as the real number 1 lol?

  80. #80
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,610
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    South Africa are in disarray so if an Asian side was ever gonna win a Test series there then this is it
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    So you have an excuse ready just in case if India manages to win the series.
    Indian team was at its peak when they got whitewashed 8-0 to Australia and England. The famous worst Indian phase). This is how Indian team loses at its peak! (Of course we cannot call that as "Indian team in disarray"! "Indian team in disarray" would lose all the matches with an innings + 300 runs, some players may get injured/bruised and also BCCI may boycott the tour in the middle or may plan the tour to match their suits! This is what happens when an "Indian team is in disarray". But Indian team is never in disarray, they are prone to perform bad even with their team at peak! Indian team will always be at its peak because BCCI is well versed and they chose their best players always! If Indian team wins against any team, then either that team is in disarray or BCCI has taken all measures to fix the tour and plan the pitches based on their wishes!

    This is the basic understanding in PP and we get that!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •