Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 174
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

    Do runs against Sri Lanka actually count?

    Shan Masood has somehow eked out an international career these last two years on the basis of a Test century against a Sri Lankan attack which was inferior to at least 100 club sides in Australia.

    Now Hardik Pandya is being acclaimed as having "arrived" at Test level for slogging a quickfire ton against an attack of:


    Fernando
    Kumara
    Sandakan
    Pushpakumara

    Isn't this getting a bit ridiculous now?

  2. #2
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,619
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Shan Masood has somehow eked out an international career these last two years on the basis of a Test century against a Sri Lankan attack which was inferior to at least 100 club sides in Australia.

    Now Hardik Pandya is being acclaimed as having "arrived" at Test level for slogging a quickfire ton against an attack of:


    Fernando
    Kumara
    Sandakan
    Pushpakumara

    Isn't this getting a bit ridiculous now?
    If that's the case, then why did Australia cross 250 against Sri Lanka only once in 6 innings in 2016?

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,922
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have agreed with you if Australia were not whitewashed in Sri Lanka.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,479
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What logic is this ????

    They're a World cup winning nation that have produced test greats over the years and have a rich cricketing history. Any runs in tests are worth appreciating against any test playing opposition. (key word: 'tests')

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,589
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aus played 3 tests in SL and here are the scores by Aus.

    203
    161
    106
    183
    379
    160

    Aus scored 250+ only once. In fact they were pretty much around or below 200 in their 5 inning. Aus would have loved to score big against SL , but they couldn't.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Herath is why Australia lost last year.

    He wasn't even picked when Shan Masood hit his century.

    And he wasn't playing yesterday when Pandya scored his.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,589
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Herath is why Australia lost last year.

    He wasn't even picked when Shan Masood hit his century.

    And he wasn't playing yesterday when Pandya scored his.
    Herath played earlier in this series, right? Did Indians scored runs? Sometime you just to have to give credit and move on. SL in not one of the best bowling units , but they do fine in their home.
    Last edited by Buffet; 14th August 2017 at 09:39.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,619
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Herath is why Australia lost last year.

    He wasn't even picked when Shan Masood hit his century.

    And he wasn't playing yesterday when Pandya scored his.
    Dilruwan Perera got 10 wickets in a match against Australia, and he is playing this series.
    Last edited by Sachin136; 14th August 2017 at 09:42.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    11,815
    Mentioned
    953 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Parakutanga Mendis would've gotten his first test 5fer in a win if it wasn't for Shan.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Just to illustrate the inherent lack of value of runs in Sri Lanka - especially for Asian batsmen (bearing in mind that Australia loses to everyone when they go to Asia).

    Shan Masood made that career-defining century in the Third Test in Sri Lanka two years ago.

    Yet look at these 2016-17 Domestic First Class records:

    SHAN MASOOD
    9 matches
    14 innings, 2 not outs
    1 century, 1 fifty, 12 innings below 50
    436 runs
    AVERAGE 36.33

    SALMAN BUTT
    10 matches
    16 innings, 1 not out
    4 centuries, 2 fifties, 10 innings below 50
    741 runs
    AVERAGE 49.40

    So Shan Masood dines out on a single Test century, made against a bunch of nobodies.

    And in an era of 45+ Test averages, he still gets picked when after 10 Tests his average is 23.10.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    20,589
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Herath is why Australia lost last year.

    He wasn't even picked when Shan Masood hit his century.

    And he wasn't playing yesterday when Pandya scored his.
    I just looked up. Herath bowled 91 overs in the first two tests. Avg 69 with SR of 109. So same Herath did well against Aus and he did poorly against Indians.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    934
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The likes of Kohli and even the #1 allrounder failed to score a Century where as Panday scores one and all of a sudden should his runs count? What kind of logis is this bro? A century is a century, its not a easy task. If it was an easy task, all the top order batsmen would have been hitting them on a regular basis. Give credit where its due.

    Imagine a couple of years back, when the PAK odi team was loosing on a constant basis, even against weaker teams. Should the runs/wickets against PAK count? It was getting ridiculous too? SriLanka is on the verge of rebuilding, literally. It will take time for the new unit to settle down.

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    13,137
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tbh Umar Akmal could've done exact same thing that Pandya did and I'm not lying.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,479
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Tbh Umar Akmal could've done exact same thing that Pandya did and I'm not lying.
    He would've skyed one in the air after reaching 35.

    There is a reason why he's been mediocre even in Pakistan FC for almost half a decade now.

    His career is over bro, no matter how many Twitter snippets he puts out of him 'hitting the gym'

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a test match, so every run made against Sri Lanka counts. If scoring runs against Sri Lanka was this easy, other opponents of Sri Lanka would have done it in the earlier test series. Scoring runs depends on the quality of the batting side. Indian batting is head and shoulders above other teams in these conditions. So they can make 500 plus runs every time they bat in their first innings of a test match (they have now done it in si tests in a row against three different opponents).

    Indians made bigger totals against England during their test series against them, with a new comer batsman even scoring a triple century. England got thrashed 0-4. So I suppose runs made against England should not be counted either. So the recent England vs South Africa test series where England won 3-1 should not get counted either.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    7,024
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait till some other team plays in these conditions. Yes, Sri Lanka have been poor and overly reliant on Herath but India is too good in Asia. No team except Pakistan can question their superiority.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ipl_fan View Post
    The kind of hatred Junaids has for anything India related is literally puke inducing.
    What hatred for India do you see in this thread?

    I have commented that Pandya and Shan Masood have reached meaningless milestones against a Sri Lanka attack which is nowhere near club quality, and is inferior to many High School attacks.

    Surely that is anti-Sri Lanka, not anti-India.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    What hatred for India do you see in this thread?

    I have commented that Pandya and Shan Masood have reached meaningless milestones against a Sri Lanka attack which is nowhere near club quality, and is inferior to many High School attacks.

    Surely that is anti-Sri Lanka, not anti-India.
    You know this is why test cricket is dying, would you like to go back in time again when the GOAT Eng side were being blackwashed 5 nil by the Windies almost four/five times in a row?

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rick-patterson

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    You know this is why test cricket is dying, would you like to go back in time again when the GOAT Eng side were being blackwashed 5 nil by the Windies almost four/five times in a row?

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rick-patterson
    The whole point is that those England teams both had really good attacks - yet were still blackwashed.

    Emburey-Edmonds was an attack which won a Test series in India, and was arguably the best finger-spin attack of the last 50 years.

    Bob Wilis and Ian Botham both took over 300 Test wickets.

    Greg Thomas used to bowl well into the 150's for pace.

    But this Sri Lanka popgun attack would struggle to get picked for Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    18,981
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    You know this is why test cricket is dying, would you like to go back in time again when the GOAT Eng side were being blackwashed 5 nil by the Windies almost four/five times in a row?

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rick-patterson
    England have always been the most overrated test side going around, in any era. Even right now:

    Lost a series in Bangladesh!
    4-0 loss to India in India
    5-0 whitewash to Australia in Australia
    Couldn't beat Pakistan at home
    Lost against Lanka at home!
    Can't win against WI away across multiple series

  21. #21
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    The whole point is that those England teams both had really good attacks - yet were still blackwashed.

    Emburey-Edmonds was an attack which won a Test series in India, and was arguably the best finger-spin attack of the last 50 years.

    Bob Wilis and Ian Botham both took over 300 Test wickets.

    Greg Thomas used to bowl well into the 150's for pace.

    But this Sri Lanka popgun attack would struggle to get picked for Bangladesh or Zimbabwe.
    So you'd say that the blackwashes were outliers, all of them? Then why do you think this series isn;t an outlier, a full strength SL side would defeat most teams at home. It;s just that India is in red hot form & SL has a few injuries to contend with, they also prepared turners & lost the game when the coin flipped. They lost it mentally right there, take a look at their press conferences after the same & you;ll know what I meant by that.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    So you'd say that the blackwashes were outliers, all of them? Then why do you think this series isn;t an outlier, a full strength SL side would defeat most teams at home. It;s just that India is in red hot form & SL has a few injuries to contend with, they also prepared turners & lost the game when the coin flipped. They lost it mentally right there, take a look at their press conferences after the same & you;ll know what I meant by that.
    No, that's not really what I meant.

    The England of 1984-1987 (with the exception of the three months immediately after the second blackwash, when they were still in shellshock) won home and away Ashes series and a series in India.

    They would be the world's top Test team now, comfortably.

    1. Broad
    2. Gooch
    3. Gower
    4. Lamb
    5. Gatting
    6. Botham
    7. Downton (wk)
    8. Emburey
    9. Edmonds
    10. Dilley
    11. Foster

    That is a sensationally strong team. The fact that West Indies beat them home and away 5-0 is a testament to the Windies having been the GOAT team.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,794
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Herath played earlier in this series, right? Did Indians scored runs? Sometime you just to have to give credit and move on. SL in not one of the best bowling units , but they do fine in their home.
    You won't get a response for this from @Junaids

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    7,937
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are made by Indian batsmen? Then no.

    Otherwise runs are runs, you still have to go out and score them.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    No, that's not really what I meant.

    The England of 1984-1987 (with the exception of the three months immediately after the second blackwash, when they were still in shellshock) won home and away Ashes series and a series in India.

    They would be the world's top Test team now, comfortably.

    1. Broad
    2. Gooch
    3. Gower
    4. Lamb
    5. Gatting
    6. Botham
    7. Downton (wk)
    8. Emburey
    9. Edmonds
    10. Dilley
    11. Foster

    That is a sensationally strong team. The fact that West Indies beat them home and away 5-0 is a testament to the Windies having been the GOAT team.
    Well that's the point, at times circumstances & coin toss can make even a good team (at home) look mediocre against strong opposition. It's just luck as much as anything else for that matter.

    Probably but they'd have a hard time beating India of 2007/08 in India or Aus of 2006/07 away or indeed SA of 1970/71

    We can always do make believe comparisons, that however doesn;t lead to any meaningful conclusion, at the end of any debate.

    Absolutely & they will always be the GOAT, as far as I & many others are concerned.
    Last edited by R0H1T; 14th August 2017 at 15:10.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dinesh Chandimal: "You can't control the toss, a tough series as a team. India played some good cricket. Our batting and bowling was below-par through the series. We had to be more patient and concentrate more."
    Ad verbatim from a reporter, the SL side lost the game right at the toss, three times they pinned the blame on the coin, they are mentally weak, even though you could say injuries hurt them a lot.
    Last edited by hadi123; 14th August 2017 at 18:59.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Runs
    287
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Shan Masood has somehow eked out an international career these last two years on the basis of a Test century against a Sri Lankan attack which was inferior to at least 100 club sides in Australia.
    He eked out an international career because his father is on the PCB's Board of Governors

    http://www.pcb.com.pk/board-of-governors.html

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,794
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    No, that's not really what I meant.

    The England of 1984-1987 (with the exception of the three months immediately after the second blackwash, when they were still in shellshock) won home and away Ashes series and a series in India.

    They would be the world's top Test team now, comfortably.

    1. Broad
    2. Gooch
    3. Gower
    4. Lamb
    5. Gatting
    6. Botham
    7. Downton (wk)
    8. Emburey
    9. Edmonds
    10. Dilley
    11. Foster

    That is a sensationally strong team. The fact that West Indies beat them home and away 5-0 is a testament to the Windies having been the GOAT team.
    That team wont win a single Test today against India.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    10,479
    Mentioned
    790 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    That team wont win a single Test today against India.
    Or anywhere in Asia for that matter. I'd even put my money on Afghanistan to actually roll them over on a proper spinning track.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    That team wont win a single Test today against India.
    Gooch, Gower and Gatting were superb batsmen against spin.

    Edmonds and Emburey and Foster won the series with their bowling to Gavaskar, Azharuddin, Amarnath, Shastri and Vengsarkar.

    The whole point is that England had a brilliant spin attack and batsmen who were superb against spin.

    (Which is also how they knocked India out in the 1987 World Cup semi-final at Bombay.
    Last edited by Junaids; 14th August 2017 at 15:34.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,794
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Gooch, Gower and Gatting were superb batsmen against spin.

    Edmonds and Emburey and Foster won the series with their bowling to Gavaskar, Azharuddin, Amarnath, Shastri and Vengsarkar.

    The whole point is that England had a brilliant spin attack and batsmen who were superb against spin.

    The thing is 30 yrs have gone by since then and those batsmen will find it hard to find a spot in the current side but since time runs backwards for you ... you JUST wont get it and did you actually mention Shastri ?

    (Which is also how they knocked India out in the 1987 World Cup semi-final at Bombay.
    I thought you din't care ODI's .... but any comment about the same (or better ) English side losing to India in the 1983 S/F .... ohhh wait I think I know why you despise anything Indian

  32. #32
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Gooch, Gower and Gatting were superb batsmen against spin.

    Edmonds and Emburey and Foster won the series with their bowling to Gavaskar, Azharuddin, Amarnath, Shastri and Vengsarkar.

    The whole point is that England had a brilliant spin attack and batsmen who were superb against spin.

    (Which is also how they knocked India out in the 1987 World Cup semi-final at Bombay.
    Not in the post DRS era, I bet many wouldn't even attempt their famed sweep or reverse sweep, although it lost them a WC!

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    9,955
    Mentioned
    2621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah, when India whitewashes them it shouldn't count, while these exact same set of SL players whitewashed Australia not very long ago

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    When was the last time anyone white washed SL in SL?

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Bangalore, India
    Runs
    9,955
    Mentioned
    2621 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    When was the last time anyone white washed SL in SL?
    Australia in 2004.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    15,019
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    England have always been the most overrated test side going around, in any era. Even right now:

    Lost a series in Bangladesh!
    4-0 loss to India in India
    5-0 whitewash to Australia in Australia
    Couldn't beat Pakistan at home
    Lost against Lanka at home!
    Can't win against WI away across multiple series
    They drew a series against Bangladesh, not lost

  37. #37
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    5,646
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Shan Masood has somehow eked out an international career these last two years on the basis of a Test century against a Sri Lankan attack which was inferior to at least 100 club sides in Australia.

    Now Hardik Pandya is being acclaimed as having "arrived" at Test level for slogging a quickfire ton against an attack of:


    Fernando
    Kumara
    Sandakan
    Pushpakumara

    Isn't this getting a bit ridiculous now?
    Leaving aside SL's performance against Aus, there is also the issue of the circumstances in which Pandya scored his century. As he was running out of partners, he responded by smacking 26 runs off a single over. After hitting 4,4,6,6,6 off the first 5 balls, he probably would have got a boundary off the last ball too, but he tried to retain strike by trying to get a single.

    No one should be surprised by Pandya's century. He was well on his way to a century in the CT final against a good bowling attack when he was unfortunately run out.

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    13,137
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    He would've skyed one in the air after reaching 35.

    There is a reason why he's been mediocre even in Pakistan FC for almost half a decade now.

    His career is over bro, no matter how many Twitter snippets he puts out of him 'hitting the gym'
    Look at his recent club matches and you'll see he is scoring 150 off 90 balls a lot. Those are the same level bowlers that SL are putting out these days.

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    9,467
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    No, that's not really what I meant.

    The England of 1984-1987 (with the exception of the three months immediately after the second blackwash, when they were still in shellshock) won home and away Ashes series and a series in India.

    They would be the world's top Test team now, comfortably.

    1. Broad
    2. Gooch
    3. Gower
    4. Lamb
    5. Gatting
    6. Botham
    7. Downton (wk)
    8. Emburey
    9. Edmonds
    10. Dilley
    11. Foster

    That is a sensationally strong team. The fact that West Indies beat them home and away 5-0 is a testament to the Windies having been the GOAT team.
    Again overrating players from past era.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    No, that's not really what I meant.

    The England of 1984-1987 (with the exception of the three months immediately after the second blackwash, when they were still in shellshock) won home and away Ashes series and a series in India.

    They would be the world's top Test team now, comfortably.

    1. Broad
    2. Gooch
    3. Gower
    4. Lamb
    5. Gatting
    6. Botham
    7. Downton (wk)
    8. Emburey
    9. Edmonds
    10. Dilley
    11. Foster

    That is a sensationally strong team. The fact that West Indies beat them home and away 5-0 is a testament to the Windies having been the GOAT team.
    This sensationally strong team was beaten 2-0 by India in 1986 in a three test series. That too in England.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2017
    Runs
    1,260
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But then Kohli couldn't average more than 50 against a weak bowling lineup if Herath isn't firing shouldn't a potential ATG modern batsman be averaging close to 100 in such a series as India play spin well and the fast bowlers are cannon fodder.

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    4,619
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cric1234 View Post
    But then Kohli couldn't average more than 50 against a weak bowling lineup if Herath isn't firing shouldn't a potential ATG modern batsman be averaging close to 100 in such a series as India play spin well and the fast bowlers are cannon fodder.
    No, a potential ATG batsman does not have to average close to 100 in every series against weak teams.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    12,660
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP somehow found a way to include Salman Butt in this thread lol.

    Anyway,runs are runs,SL is still a major cricketing nation(albeit in a downward spiral).

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    6,708
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This Indian test team is massively flawed in several aspects. Indian fans may feel happy to see their team minnow bashing, but put these same players up against the swinging ball in decent conditions, and those woeful techniques will soon be exposed.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Manitoba
    Runs
    2,302
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Dhawan was reading this , he would be cursing himself so as to why he never asked OP before the series, if his runs would mean(count) anything. Unnecessarily he cancelled his vacation and and scored so many runs. He could have just gone on vacation, if only he had consulted the OP beforehand.

    Hoping the OP has informed the Pakistani batters soon to play with SL, that no need to put in runs...they wont count anyways so why take unnecessary effort.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,377
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Scoring runs in SL is still a respectable achievement, but scoring in your own backyard isn't that big of a deal as they don't have the bowling attack to trouble teams especially outside of Asia.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Scoring runs in SL is still a respectable achievement, but scoring in your own backyard isn't that big of a deal as they don't have the bowling attack to trouble teams especially outside of Asia.
    Bowling attack score runs?

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,377
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Bowling attack score runs?
    No but I think scoring runs against the likes of Pradeep and Lakmal in your own conditions is something that is a major achievement. Not saying it's easy and not saying everyone can do it but it shouldn't be used a reason to prefer a batsmen over another. You can only score what's in front of you .

  49. #49
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    5,603
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do they count against West Indies, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    5,964
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The title is click-bait. The actual post however makes a reasonable argument about Masood/Pandya.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,580
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The thing here is that SL really need to start choosing players that are suited for a particular format. I haven't paid too much attention to some of their players that are offspinning allrounders (who only play a handful of games) but they fade away quick. SL is very capable of producing a world class fast bowler, spinner, dashing opener and others, only problem is that the current bowlers are not very good at all. They need to completely renovate their bowling attack from scratch and work out how to bowl out teams and if I remember correctly, SL has traditionally/historically been the best Asian fielding side and the current side needs to improve their fielding by a lot.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    806
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Let's see how Pakistan fares against this Srilankan team soon and that too in their fortress UAE

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    485
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinFern View Post
    Let's see how Pakistan fares against this Srilankan team soon and that too in their fortress UAE
    I bet we will see tight series between these two teams. Both are equally average. At least with Younis and Misbah they had a decent batting for slow and low pitches in UAE. Now two newbies will be taking those spots. I will definitely watch that series.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    22,338
    Mentioned
    2555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Even Zimbabwe piled on close to 750 runs against our lot just a few weeks back. Enough said I think. Not just the bowling either the fielding and captaincy have both been atrocious last few years as well absolutely dreadful. As for the batting only geared towards LOIs not at all willing to tough it out at any stage. Throw the bat and hope for the best. Well on the way to joining Windies and co.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    1,215
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If runs in unofficial wsc supertests can count, Why can't they count against a full test playing nation?

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,794
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by squarecut View Post
    This sensationally strong team was beaten 2-0 by India in 1986 in a three test series. That too in England.
    ohh you havent read @Junaids explanation for that loss - he blamed it on a England team that was shell shocked by WI hammering few weeks ago and were mentally scared.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Saudi Arabia
    Runs
    1,215
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But i gotta say even though they were hit hard with injuries. The performanc by srilankans was in excusable. Never in my lifetime have i seen a team getting whacked as them. It isnt about the whitewash it is the way india dominated in evry discipline.

    Indians went over 4po like it was piece of cake and they were playing some club side. At the end of pandya's inning, chandimal had nine men on the rope and pandya still kept hitting them over their heads. Dhawan was doing the same thing as if he was playing a ranji match. I will bet these guys get more challenged in their domestic leagues than they got by SL in this series.

    Don't even get me started on the SL batsmen. They should hang their heads in shame. No excuse for this kind of performance by any team. Worst ever performance i have seen. Stats don't show even the half of how poor they were

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    ohh you havent read @Junaids explanation for that loss - he blamed it on a England team that was shell shocked by WI hammering few weeks ago and were mentally scared.
    It's true, and it was quite funny actually.

    The all-conquering England who had won in India, won the Ashes at home and were 6 months away from winning the Ashes Down Under were suddenly terrified of Chetan Sharma and Ewen Chatfield.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,794
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    It's true, and it was quite funny actually.

    The all-conquering England who had won in India, won the Ashes at home and were 6 months away from winning the Ashes Down Under were suddenly terrified of Chetan Sharma and Ewen Chatfield.
    So what was the excuse for the 1983 S/F loss to even worse trundlers on a flat pitch ?

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    12,677
    Mentioned
    1944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusker View Post
    So what was the excuse for the 1983 S/F loss to even worse trundlers on a flat pitch ?
    India had a really good, well-suited team for Spring conditions in England. They won fair and square.

    Bob Willis was past-it, but Dilley and Foster were still too raw.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    4,794
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    It's true, and it was quite funny actually.

    The all-conquering England who had won in India, won the Ashes at home and were 6 months away from winning the Ashes Down Under were suddenly terrified of Chetan Sharma and Ewen Chatfield.
    So instead of trying to salvage the situation they opted to cave in and make matters worse by losing to India who according to you was a minnow back then ? Yep that makes perfect sense why you rate that English team soo highly.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    28,920
    Mentioned
    1542 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    BUMP!!!!!!

    Seems they do count. The OP once again fails in his attempt to undermine Indians.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    11,274
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every run counts my brother.... Every run.

  64. #64
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    19,334
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    BUMP!!!!!!

    Seems they do count. The OP once again fails in his attempt to undermine Indians.
    You've absorbed the wrong lesson here.

    Runs against Sri Lanka don't count but neither do wickets against Pakistan.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    11,274
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    You've absorbed the wrong lesson here.

    Runs against Sri Lanka don't count but neither do wickets against Pakistan.
    Good come back. Gotta give credit where it's due.

  66. #66
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    21,842
    Mentioned
    544 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    You've absorbed the wrong lesson here.

    Runs against Sri Lanka don't count but neither do wickets against Pakistan.
    Lmao ,its admirable how you keep the humor,I would probably congratulate Lanka,criticize India in some threads and sleep off in similar situation.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lesson is, runs against Sri Lanka do not count when scored in bucketful by India, but runs scored in trickles by Pakistanis against Sri Lankans are worth their weight in gold.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    740
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol what a thread. Trolling backfires. We never learn. This is what we deserve.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,083
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No wonder Pakistanis always rate sri lanka higher, if you are losing to them often and thats the only memories you have, it make sense.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    972
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    You've absorbed the wrong lesson here.

    Runs against Sri Lanka don't count but neither do wickets against Pakistan.
    QOTW , hehe lol.
    Runs against Srilanka do count in Asia because their spinners can still trouble you, maybe on full green and bouncier wicket you can make the case

  71. #71
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,895
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navdeep Srivastava View Post
    QOTW , hehe lol.
    Runs against Srilanka do count in Asia because their spinners can still trouble you, maybe on full green and bouncier wicket you can make the case
    What about SL in India?

  72. #72
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    972
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    What about SL in India?
    As I said they can trouble any batting line in Asia, they are inconsistent but still capable bowling force in Asia

  73. #73
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    1,212
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For this statement to be true, wins against Pak doesn't count either. LOL

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,275
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even 22 more runs would have counted a lot today

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    17,789
    Mentioned
    822 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Do Junaids' posts count?

    On a serious note, Pakistan will bounce back but this forum has yet again learnt to not take any team lightly.


    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    706
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCrusher2 View Post
    Even 22 more runs would have counted a lot today
    Yes, those 22 runs would have counted enormously.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,166
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know all the indian posters are out to troll us..but i really was thinking that this bad habbit just exist in pakistanis but indians are even worse..sorry but proved...very bad to be happy for someone to lose.of course u can admire srilanka and rheir game but the posts tell other story..

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    560
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    i know all the indian posters are out to troll us..but i really was thinking that this bad habbit just exist in pakistanis but indians are even worse..sorry but proved...very bad to be happy for someone to lose.of course u can admire srilanka and rheir game but the posts tell other story..
    Bhai u have to look at trolls when ever india loses or kohli fails.

    Indians never rejoice when their opponents lose but they had learnt from pak, bang, sl fans who come out in droves whenever india loses against anyteam when their team has no relation to the series

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,166
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sachin100 View Post
    Bhai u have to look at trolls when ever india loses or kohli fails.

    Indians never rejoice when their opponents lose but they had learnt from pak, bang, sl fans who come out in droves whenever india loses against anyteam when their team has no relation to the series
    u never copy bad things,,thats not an acceptable excuse....but u are free,do whatever suits u.wasjust my opinion...

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    560
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    u never copy bad things,,thats not an acceptable excuse....but u are free,do whatever suits u.wasjust my opinion...
    Its not an excuse and what i meant to say is banter and trolling gets reciprocated and there are no winners


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •