Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing that gabriel Jesus only cost 28 million

And Liverpool have overspent on many players way over the asking price I mean look at the price of oxlaide chamberlain

I think our scouting system is a joke nowadays alongside our academy system not producing players like we did in the past

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Surprised that people are saying that wasn't a red card today.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Surprised that people are saying that wasn't a red card today.

tbh honest gabbir singh - from the camera angle showing the complete opposite side off the above pic- so mane back - which i was watching this live it didn't look like a red, it looked like he just went for the ball and just missed out. i was on the side of gary neville.

however well done ref - great decision.

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those challenges will always get you into trouble.

Everyone knew LFC would leak goals against City but we could have scored some too. A sending off always ruins a contest in the PL.

Never mind, need to bounce back in the Champions League.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More then anything else the defeat was due to two things. Firstly, Mane's rightful sending off changed the momentum of the game completely in their favour. Until that point I fancied for us to take the lead if not win the match as we seemed to be dominating. We all know the vulnerabilities of our defence although their were no major lapses at the back. When playing a side like City with ten men on their ground just after a break most teams would have suffered. I have never claimed that the defence is good but defended the owners from it being bad. The onus is with Klopp too buy a centre back, his philosophy of Dijk or no one will cost us major points throughout the season. The money he would have spent on him could have been done on someone else had he not been obsessed in signing him. It is ridiculous to put all your eggs in the one basket, a great coach like Sir Alex Ferguson would always have alternatives if unable to sign his first choice.

Salah's finishing on near one on one situations with the goalie is reason for concern. Already this season he has missed many such when clear through on goal. It is a game of fine margins, if he had gave us the lead and Mane stayed on the pitch we would probably have won the match. Don't start cutting your wrists just yet boys when the season has just started.
    Last edited by PakLFC; 9th September 2017 at 20:21.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post

"We are just 3 points below the top of the table - no need to panic" - renowned football critic (s) (sponsored by : Fenway Sports Group)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The way Klopp is loved at times is OTT for me. I think he's a touch ovverated as a manager. Liverpool were in clear need of GK and CB, Klopp failed to address these issues. He also fails to set his team up correctly when it comes to defending yet he is never critizced by the media whilst Wenger is torn apart for it.
    @MMHS can blame the yanks for not overspending etc, but failing to bring someone in at all in CB and GK positions was a poor decision by Klopp.

Can remember the time when I told @Muhammad10 he is similar to Wenger especially in the transfer market and he tried to defend Klopp. Defend that awful decision not to strengthen instead stick with Lovren,Minoglet,and Moreno. )

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    The way Klopp is loved at times is OTT for me. I think he's a touch ovverated as a manager. Liverpool were in clear need of GK and CB, Klopp failed to address these issues. He also fails to set his team up correctly when it comes to defending yet he is never critizced by the media whilst Wenger is torn apart for it.
    @MMHS can blame the yanks for not overspending etc, but failing to bring someone in at all in CB and GK positions was a poor decision by Klopp.

Can remember the time when I told @Muhammad10 he is similar to Wenger especially in the transfer market and he tried to defend Klopp. Defend that awful decision not to strengthen instead stick with Lovren,Minoglet,and Moreno. )
    I do think he is naive in some ways. As of now, I still respect him (as a manager) more than Wenger because, barring the last game, he has fared a lot better in big games than Arsene has in recent years, and I am not a fan of minnow-bashers.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do think he is naive in some ways. As of now, I still respect him (as a manager) more than Wenger because, barring the last game, he has fared a lot better in big games than Arsene has in recent years, and I am not a fan of minnow-bashers.

He's won some big games bur still hasn't won a trophy and hasn't competed for the league LOL. Winning the big games but if you don't beat the small teams you will never win the league.

A good manager but ovverated in my opinion.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's won some big games bur still hasn't won a trophy and hasn't competed for the league LOL. Winning the big games but if you don't beat the small teams you will never win the league.

A good manager but ovverated in my opinion.
    Liverpool are unlikely to win anything until they have considerably strengthened their defence. Even that could take years considering the way they mess up transfer season after transfer season.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

I really don't understand the level of adulation Klopp gets when you look at his record.

Rafa Benitez won La Liga with Valencia, breaking the Big Two stranglehold on the league. He won the Champions League with one of the weakest Liverpool squads in decades. We were challenging for trophies and top 4 places on a consistent basis, and punching above our weight in Europe. You could trust him to organise a defence and in big matches, he was able to compensate for a weaker team with smart tactics. Yet the media and a section of our fanbase irrationally bashed him - claiming our success was all down to Gerrard and Torres as if Benitez had nothing to do with their development !

Whereas Klopp won the Bundesliga with Dortmund in a league where there's only one top team and had the team tottering in the relegation zone for half of his final season. Fans demanding a better defensive record need to understand it wasn't much better at Dortmund either ! Only TWICE did he concede less than 37 goals in his seven seasons.

Klopp has choked in two cup finals, went from title prospects last season around New Year's Day barely scraping fourth and now our defence STILL looks a shambles after two years. But I guess since he looks cool in a meme and he jumps up and down on the touchline all is forgiven.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Klopp is a top manager, this result doesnt change anything. He tried to buy a defender from Southhampton and A-Arnold, Gomez, Clyne are decent enough. All LFC needs is one strong central defender.

Last season Klopp's record against the big clubs was excellent, not losing a single game.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp has to spend an entire window getting the shambolic defence sorted. We are great at attacking but terrible at defending. I got the impression that we gave up after City got the first goal. The goal keeping situation is also reason for great concern. We should have signed Joe Hart when he was available.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Serves klopp right.

Should have sold coutinho - forcing him to stay is just stupid - every Brazilian in the world would have wanted to go to barca.

He could have bought 2 decent German defenders with that money and probably 30m pounds left over to save

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Responsibility is with Klopp for sure - if Glazers stopped Sir Alex to bring RVP, I am sure he would have resigned. But, we have to agree that FSG has very little ambition & they have hired a manager at premium wage, who is ready to work in their money-ball system - with wage cap, buy potential & sell anyone that can bring over the top money.

Wenger was a fantastic Manager - probably at per with Sir Alex, for what he has done with Arsenal in his first 10 years. But, then he decided to play along with his owners & now he is too old to be honest - has become soft, less expressive & often clueless. Last year, he benched Sanches against Liverpool, this year replaced him with L'zzette!!! Still, his team plays the most attractive game on their day. Had he been in his 50s, I would have said that Arsenal should go for a mass cleaning of stable & bring 12-15 new faces - couple of years time, they would have competed for EPL ......... he is almost 70 in 2 years time

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Responsibility is with Klopp for sure - if Glazers stopped Sir Alex to bring RVP, I am sure he would have resigned. But, we have to agree that FSG has very little ambition & they have hired a manager at premium wage, who is ready to work in their money-ball system - with wage cap, buy potential & sell anyone that can bring over the top money.

Wenger was a fantastic Manager - probably at per with Sir Alex, for what he has done with Arsenal in his first 10 years. But, then he decided to play along with his owners & now he is too old to be honest - has become soft, less expressive & often clueless. Last year, he benched Sanches against Liverpool, this year replaced him with L'zzette!!! Still, his team plays the most attractive game on their day. Had he been in his 50s, I would have said that Arsenal should go for a mass cleaning of stable & bring 12-15 new faces - couple of years time, they would have competed for EPL ......... he is almost 70 in 2 years time
    your views on mignolet ?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    your views on mignolet ?
    Won't sit on the bench of MU, MCity, CFC, Arsenal, Spurs & Everton. In fact, he'll lose his spot on Belgium bench - just review the 2nd goal of MCity (3rd actually, Jesus stepped froward fraction of a second earlier to be caught in off-side trap) - that has nothing to do with Mane's red card or poor defenders - a GK is beaten by a 5'9" forward inside small box, from a cross at least from 50 metres away!!!! Migo is a good shot stopper, but absolute bot with ball on feet, no positional sense, not much on covering lines for through balls (Aguero won't have rounded DDG or Lloris so easily), no passing vision and he is absolutely sitting duck in set pieces & floating long crosses. Casteeles keeps for Woolfsburg, and I am sure he'll be deputy for Courtois in 2018; Migo might make the squad, for Penalty Shoot outs, just in case.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    In other news, our former (thankfully) manager Roy Hodgson is going to be appointed the new manager of Crystal Palace after sacking Frank De Boer after 4 games.

Palace fans - get used to seeing this sight.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Liverpool are unlikely to win anything until they have considerably strengthened their defence. Even that could take years considering the way they mess up transfer season after transfer season.
    I think setting the defence up the right way is more important.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I really don't understand the level of adulation Klopp gets when you look at his record.

Rafa Benitez won La Liga with Valencia, breaking the Big Two stranglehold on the league. He won the Champions League with one of the weakest Liverpool squads in decades. We were challenging for trophies and top 4 places on a consistent basis, and punching above our weight in Europe. You could trust him to organise a defence and in big matches, he was able to compensate for a weaker team with smart tactics. Yet the media and a section of our fanbase irrationally bashed him - claiming our success was all down to Gerrard and Torres as if Benitez had nothing to do with their development !

Whereas Klopp won the Bundesliga with Dortmund in a league where there's only one top team and had the team tottering in the relegation zone for half of his final season. Fans demanding a better defensive record need to understand it wasn't much better at Dortmund either ! Only TWICE did he concede less than 37 goals in his seven seasons.

Klopp has choked in two cup finals, went from title prospects last season around New Year's Day barely scraping fourth and now our defence STILL looks a shambles after two years. But I guess since he looks cool in a meme and he jumps up and down on the touchline all is forgiven.
    Rafa did a good job at Liverpool but I think he left at the right time, things became stale and he needed a change.

Agree on klopp , he's ovverated. He's similar to Wenger . He fails to set his team up correctly defensively . Those stats are pretty interesting I wasn't aware of them.

Lol the media are in love with him too much. Wenger gets stick for the same things klopp is guilty off.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He's had money to buy defenders but he's chosen not too. Also you can't blame FSG for the way klopp sets up his team defensively which is still as bad it was under Rogers.

Lol we don't even play attractive football anymore and I also believe had we had Potecttiono, Conte, Pep, or even Jose as our manager we would at least compete for the tittle.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's had money to buy defenders but he's chosen not too. Also you can't blame FSG for the way klopp sets up his team defensively which is still as bad it was under Rogers.

Lol we don't even play attractive football anymore and I also believe had we had Potecttiono, Conte, Pep, or even Jose as our manager we would at least compete for the tittle.
    Exactly! I have tried to explain this to @MMHS bhai but he is not listening. Klopp is obsessed in signing VVD at the back. He could have signed alternatives if he wanted, the money was there to spend. Lol at your comment that "we don't even play attractive football anymore", we are awesome going forward for goodness sake. What you on about here?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Exactly! I have tried to explain this to @MMHS bhai but he is not listening. Klopp is obsessed in signing VVD at the back. He could have signed alternatives if he wanted, the money was there to spend. Lol at your comment that "we don't even play attractive football anymore", we are awesome going forward for goodness sake. What you on about here?
    He's an Arsenal fan...

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's an Arsenal fan...
    If so he is right. Arsenal are crap

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a sending off. Any appeal was always gong to fail.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone seen the damage that Mane did? Scaring to the face and they except it to be overturned? Smh.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post

The obsession for the big English teams to sign VVD was a joke, there are other CBs in the world. FSG isn't to blame for klopp failing to strengthen the defence.

As Muhammad mentioned, I support Arsenal. Liverpool play some good stuff.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Jokers.

Worst defence since the Souness years.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Sevile, without Nolito, at home - but I am happy with 2-2; we have 450mn kitty for next July.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sevile, without Nolito, at home - but I am happy with 2-2; we have 450mn kitty for next July.
    Why after every bad result do you blame FSG or bring up Liverpools potential financial position?

Just accept that Klopp has no idea how to set up a team defensively and he has no interest in doing so no matter which defenders or defensive midfielders he buys.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why after every bad result do you blame FSG or bring up Liverpools potential financial position?

Just accept that Klopp has no idea how to set up a team defensively and he has no interest in doing so no matter which defenders or defensive midfielders he buys.
    I think Lovren was at fault for one of the goals they conceded, and if I'm not mistaken, Liverpool's fans aren't particularly fond of him and wanted to get rid of him during the transfer season.

As expected, Firmino's penalty miss also proved costly. Winning 3-2 would have been a decent result for Liverpool.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Lovren was at fault for one of the goals they conceded, and if I'm not mistaken, Liverpool's fans aren't particularly fond of him and wanted to get rid of him during the transfer season.

As expected, Firmino's penalty miss also proved costly. Winning 3-2 would have been a decent result for Liverpool.
    I wasn't aware of Firminho missing a penalty, had he slotted that in I don't think MMHS would be posting about Liverpool about a potential transfer kitty.

PS: Lovern is rubbish.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Klopp is part of the project - paid 250K/week & he is happy to work within the wage cap & scouting system - and he is using his persona to cover for the Owners. Same thing Rogers did before he was sacked. I don't mind Manager having has own way, but if you look carefully, his every action/comment eventually pointed to one direction - less expenses than earnings, either in Transfer or wage.

You are an Arsenal fan - look what Wenger has won since 2006....... in the mean time Kroenke is 67% share holder of a piece of real estate at North London, which should be valued over 1bn BP now. Klopp is given a 6 year contract & I can see the pattern - you'll also see in future. I can only hope that FSG sells the club in a year or 2 time.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware of Firminho missing a penalty, had he slotted that in I don't think MMHS would be posting about Liverpool about a potential transfer kitty.

PS: Lovern is rubbish.
    He has a point. Not only were they too stingy/dumb to sign a decent centre-back, but they also sold Sakho who had some potential. The transfer season weakened their already fragile defence, if anything. I am not entirely sure whether the owners, Klopp, or both of them were to blame, but there's no denying the fact that their transfer season was an utter shambles.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The obsession for the big English teams to sign VVD was a joke, there are other CBs in the world. FSG isn't to blame for klopp failing to strengthen the defence.

As Muhammad mentioned, I support Arsenal. Liverpool play some good stuff.
    I am glad you agree. FSG can not do anything if Klopp is adamant in signing just Dijk. If the owners tried to get him to change his mind the owners would be attacked for that. Klopp has no alternatives when he wants a player. Should have signed someone else if his beloved Dijk was out of reach. We are great going forward but a joke at the back. Would have won yesterday if Lovren knew how to kick a ball and Firmino had good vision.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesn't look like he pinned all his hopes on Van Dijk. @PakLFC

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Klopp is part of the project - paid 250K/week & he is happy to work within the wage cap & scouting system - and he is using his persona to cover for the Owners. Same thing Rogers did before he was sacked. I don't mind Manager having has own way, but if you look carefully, his every action/comment eventually pointed to one direction - less expenses than earnings, either in Transfer or wage.

You are an Arsenal fan - look what Wenger has won since 2006....... in the mean time Kroenke is 67% share holder of a piece of real estate at North London, which should be valued over 1bn BP now. Klopp is given a 6 year contract & I can see the pattern - you'll also see in future. I can only hope that FSG sells the club in a year or 2 time.
    One person we are forgetting here is Michael Edwards. An FSG man through and through, a leading figure in data analytics and research at the club for six years.

He was a member of the infamous "transfer committee" under BR. They were the ones who told BR in the summer of 2014, after the departure of Suarez and failure to buy Sanchez and Loic Remy, that the only two available striker options they could find were Mario Balotelli and Samuel Eto'o !

He was part of a committee that okayed £20m for Lazar Markovic, millions on Luis Alberto, Tiago Ilori, Ricky Lambert, Dejan Lovren, Alberto Moreno and various other duds. A committee that appears to have little awareness of players outside the BPL.

Yet he has been promoted to Sporting Director at a time when Monchi at Sevilla signalled that he wanted out. This is a big problem I have with FSG - they just want to hire their own men who they can control, who've the same ideology and don't recruit from outside their circle.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    One person we are forgetting here is Michael Edwards. An FSG man through and through, a leading figure in data analytics and research at the club for six years.

He was a member of the infamous "transfer committee" under BR. They were the ones who told BR in the summer of 2014, after the departure of Suarez and failure to buy Sanchez and Loic Remy, that the only two available striker options they could find were Mario Balotelli and Samuel Eto'o !

He was part of a committee that okayed £20m for Lazar Markovic, millions on Luis Alberto, Tiago Ilori, Ricky Lambert, Dejan Lovren, Alberto Moreno and various other duds. A committee that appears to have little awareness of players outside the BPL.

Yet he has been promoted to Sporting Director at a time when Monchi at Sevilla signalled that he wanted out. This is a big problem I have with FSG - they just want to hire their own men who they can control, who've the same ideology and don't recruit from outside their circle.

The bold part is key here - previous US owners were almost back-stabbed by own people,hence FSG is extra careful of complete control of the power points. Ian Ayre had to leave as well.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Great result for us - 1 point secured.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp has to go

Fsg yes have their shortcomings

But klopp Doesn't hit the mark

Ideally the yanks should sell up and we can get a better manager

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Liverpool just can't seem to break down organised defences. Klopp doesn't seem to have a plan B other then hit teams on the break. Even that may not work as if the opposition keep a clean sheet, you'll back them to score against Liverpools defence.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another pathetic defensive performance giving an easy goal away. Klopp comes out and admits he could have signed an alternative to Dijk if he wanted shutting up those who hold the owners responsible for us not signing one. Breaking news is Van Dijk is the only decent centre half in the world according to Klopp saheb. We also need a complete striker in the Robbie Fowler class who can finish of the many chances we create. It is not other defences being great but our terrible defending and poor finishing up front. Need two defenders and a forward in January.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Defensive shambles once again.

I think Klopp should have sold Coutinho and brought in a few world-class defenders with that money.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    Amazing that gabriel Jesus only cost 28 million

And Liverpool have overspent on many players way over the asking price I mean look at the price of oxlaide chamberlain

I think our scouting system is a joke nowadays alongside our academy system not producing players like we did in the past
    Gab Jesus came to Europe as an unproven. 18 year old with just one season of Brazilian league under his belt. Esp considering he is coming to England where Brazilians struggle 27 million is a huge outlay on him

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Klopp has to go

Fsg yes have their shortcomings

But klopp Doesn't hit the mark

Ideally the yanks should sell up and we can get a better manager
    Joke suggestion

The only way from Klopp is down esp for Liverpool

He maybe needs to add some British flavour to his back room staff

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The goalkeeping situation is a farce.

Every week he is changing the goalkeeper, neither of them are good enough.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Another great result.

Yes it was the EFL Cup but that's another poor result for Liverpool.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Carabao Cup or not, this is one of the worst starts to a season I can remember.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This cup is a waste of time, yes it's not nice to lose any game but Im glad we are out of this.

Having watched the Burnley game we were unlucky not to score 3/4 goals, the opposition keeper was MoM.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think klopp going is not a joke suggestion anymore on my part

I think we can all start hedging bets on klopp getting sacked now

Modern day football is unforgiving

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It's a great result for us actually. Now, we have a good chance to finish above Everton; otherwise this lop sided squad would have ended in bottom half managing 4 tournaments. Also, we won't have advanced much either - just a matter of any of the top 6 teams putting some of their first XI in a cup tie.

This Liverpool team is a perfect example of glass house - shiny by hollow & brittle. Teams have figured out us perfectly - they'll be playing the game keeping ball at our feet & hit on counter against Championship quality defense. I understand Klopp's problem - we have world's 2nd to 5th best defenders after VVD, so he couldn't buy any CB (because apart from VVD, none is better than what we have already); but another big problem with possession game is that one needs a No. 9 poacher to sneak behind packed defense ......... Yanks had made money out of that (No other explanation why some owner would approve buying Rickey Lambert & Danny Inggs after selling some Luis Suarez).

This is a squad after those Yanks have stripped the team selling best players to make over 100mn in transfer market in last few years & reduced wage expenses from 2014 level, when every team has at least 20% increase. I won't criticize Liverpool players, but I have lost my interest for the club, until the Yanks feel enough is enough, we need to cash the golden egg lying duck for meat now.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I think klopp going is not a joke suggestion anymore on my part

I think we can all start hedging bets on klopp getting sacked now

Modern day football is unforgiving
    I'll take any friendly bet on that - he won't be sacked. He is doing exactly what his employers have asked for - 4th spot finish at EPL, without out spent by Watford or Eventon in transfer market and manage within a strict wage cap. He is doing that perfectly - last year as well he used 29 academy kids to get knocked out of Cup ties by Jan (gap between winning 2 domestic cups & knocked out in 1st rounds is less than one CL match, in terms of $ & those Yanks don't bother for anything else). This year as well, I back us to get knocked out of FA cup by Jan. This is moneyball soccer.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Liverpool’s Jürgen Klopp ‘really sick’ after Leicester punish poor defending

Jürgen Klopp said he feels “really sick” with Liverpool’s defending after they conceded two poor goals, both on the back of set pieces, during a damaging defeat against Leicester City that ended their interest in the Carabao Cup and extended the club’s disappointing run of results.

Shinji Okazaki scored Leicester’s first after Liverpool could only half-clear a corner and Islam Slimani added the second following a throw-in, leaving Klopp lamenting familiar failings.

“The story of this game is really easy to tell,” the Liverpool manager said after the 2-0 defeat. “We were the much better team in the first half, we didn’t score – that’s sometimes part of football. It was unlucky in one or two moments, maybe not clinical enough in others. But as long as we concede goals like we conceded today again, then it is quite difficult.

“We should have scored three but as long as you leave games open, you have to defend. We always have to defend these situations better. The second ball after the corner, it’s close but it’s not offside. So we need to make it more clear that it’s offside. The only thing you can do is to push up – we didn’t. With the second one it is a throw-in again. Everyone can imagine we know how to defend them but obviously we don’t do it, because always somebody else is doing it. It doesn’t feel too cool but it’s the truth.”

Klopp, who decided before the game that Philippe Coutinho would play only the opening 45 minutes, denied Liverpool’s heads dropped. “After the first goal you saw the heads from Leicester went up, that was a bigger difference,” he said. “The game changes in moments like this – you have the chance to do it by yourself or sometimes you are on the wrong side. But that we concede like this, that makes me really, really sick.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football...s-to-leicester

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    602 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good to see liverpool have improved so much defensively since Klopp has been in charge

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a United fan and I sympathize with Liverpool fans; they must be so frustrating to watch. Last season especially, they were excellent against the big teams; I think they drew both times with United, beat Chelsea away & drew with them at home, beat Spurs at home & drew away, beat City at home & drew away, done the double over Arsenal as well. But they also had some embarrassing results which must be so annoying such as losing at home to Palace & Swansea. They are struggling atm as well, I can't see Klopp being sacked though

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The reason that we are being exposed so early is that, most teams have added on what they had in last year, that too after constantly investing positively almost every window in previous 3/4 years, thanks to Tv money. We have made 3 profitable windows & then have brought Ox, Robertson, Solanki - that too after selling Lucas, Stuart & Sakho. We can make laugh of & feel satisfaction from Everton, but truth is that the starting schedule that they were given, on top of Europa ........ we can only thank our stars, otherwise we would have struggled to keep our underwear on with this squad.

Overall standard of EPL has gone much higher this year. Last few years, performance of EPL clubs in Europe, win by Leicester, gives a clue actually what was the true level - I believe French clubs had out performed EPL Teams in last 4/5 years in Europe. This year, finally we are going to face our nemesis of moneyball - may be Klopp will pay for this & pay for being too nice (read politically correct), but I don't see the solution in a change in team Management. Tactically, Klopp is a wonderful Manager - he won 2 Bundes Liga with BVB, and punched well above weight so far (last year, he had better head to head on home & away basis against top 8 teams), but there is an elasticity of every efficiency.

I have argued with many soccer pundits & most of them actually had to agree with me on this - LFC's defensive owes are a result of categorically created stringent financial constrains. Teams in soccer, defends two ways - either they are tactically superior & defend as a team, or they have better individuals for one on one. A classic example is the International soccer - Italy defends as a team, intelligent, mean, tactically astute defensive line that does zonal marking proficiently, covers angle for through pass and sets off-side trap with a high line & inch perfect precision and their GK is always among the best on arial balls. Brazil on the other hand isn't a defensive team, won't/can't be ever, because they don't play the soccer that way - whichever Manager tried to play that game, got exposed. But, Brazil has produced some of the ATG full backs, CBs and they can shut down any forward in 121.

Klopp, as a Manager is in Brazil philosophy - he can't play his team in that mean Italian or French style. We don't have the best defenders, but still what we have was good enough for Managers like Mou, Carlo or Rafa to shut out teams, at least the Watfords, Burnelys, West Hams & Palaces. What Klopp needed is 5 top class individuals including a vocal GK to shape his back line. Same can be said for Pep - not the best tool to coordinate defense - so, what he has done is poured bucks from a bottomless pocket to buy out his defensive problems, at the expense of his ambitious owners - his defense is still not good as a unit, but his defenders are world class, even some on his bench. On contrary, Klopp has only Matip, who could have started regularly for an EPL Team - still, every day he is proving why Yanks could bring him free at 24 & the Bayerns & PSGs & Barcas didn't go for a free player. Klopp sugar quotes his strangle in the excuse of buying only better than what he has - then ends up bringing Robertson & Ox for his bench.

The fact is, we were already doomed by top tier players as a non-ambitious club - being based at a middle class town, not being regular in CL, nothing won in last 10 years ... are not the most lucrative propositions for the soccer hunks to come at Liverpool, add to that reputation of FSG's previous cheap managers; which to an extent Klopp could revive by his persona, style, reputation & off course that CL qualification. This was the year, this was the year for spending, this was the year to bring 5/6 players for starting XI at whatever cost and build the core of the team for a decade, without the Hendersons & Lovrens & Mignolets & ........ but those Yanks couldn't raise above their money ball. They even waited till we beat Hoffenheim in 2nd leg & then jumped into market in last week - result, as expected, paid twice for an English Ox, who'll be sold at first chance next time (won't be easy, beef doesn't sell at 130K/week).

Probably next low for us is that any top Manager won't like to take charge of what is the greatest institution of English football, a colossus of club sports & a global brand still drags highest level of revenue & fan base. I imagine, had MU or Arsenal not won a domestic league for 27 years, where they would have been & where we are - that's Liverpool for me, sadly being stripped to mediocrity by people who owns the club, but isn't passionate about the brand, isn't associated with the theme - "we'll never walk alone".

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Klopp made a huge error in not signing Van Dyk who is not only a very good defender but he is a leader and Liverpool FC lack leaders at the moment.

In the past they had Gerrard, Carragher etc. but the current group lacks players who when things aren't going well will roll up their sleeves and get the rest of the team fired up.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its amazing how after the Arsenal game I was having a real go at my Arsenal friends on how poor their team is but my own Liverpool side is proving they can do far worse. I am really worried about Klopps tactics and his approach to games. His attacking philosophy and gegenpress will win us some big games against some of the top teams but the teams who are just looking to defend and play on the counter will hurt us and they already have.

Klopp seems to be a one trick pony and I don't think he is flexible on his tactics. To worsen that his insistence that we did not need to sign any defenders and that Virgil Van Dijk was the only one in the entire world would have improved us defensively is really pathetic. I can easily talk about 10 defenders better than Lovren and Matip who would better our defensive record who we can afford or at least we should have pushed to sign.

Todays game against Leicester is huge in context of the league and Liverpool must somehow overcome this poor run and improve themselves defensively. The gulf between Liverpool and the top is already 6 points. If not its gonna be a long road to the January window and Liverpool will be forced to make panic signings.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Defence and goalkeeper all over the place again today.

Fortunately Leicester's defence was even worse.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silencing his haters one save at a time.