Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Strange - Jason Holder doesn't take the second new ball, bowls three balls but then pulls up feeling his groin after already having his elbow strapped up earlier.

Stuart Law looking disconsolate.

Time to get the second new ball and see what it does under lights, especially with Malan at the crease.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    cook is a merely a good opener

the talk of him being a legend is funny
    Not a legend, but definitely better than good.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My grandma could get Malan out, surely they will at least knock over him and the inevitable nightwatchman before the close.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Now Kraigg Brathwaite is bowling.

Stuart Law gets the 12th man to tell them they should take the second new ball under the lights !

West Indies cricket man, what is going on ??

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I could vomit a pitch map more disciplined than the one West Indies's seamers have produced today.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I could vomit a pitch map more disciplined than the one West Indies's seamers have produced today.
    The diced carrots could indicate the balls that went for six.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    West Indies bowling coach Roddy Estwick: "We discussed that after 80 overs we would need to take the new ball as quickly as possible, but we didn't take it so we had to send a quiet reminder to the captain. It was disappointing."

Literally comical stuff.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Did they change it? Before there used to be numbers and it would usually come on 2. Thing is, I use streams and most websites still have them labelled as the numbers.
    Yes they did- they now have "dedicated" channels for most sports. It's Sky Sports 2 in the old currency.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should runs against WI be counted and that too when they are playing away Tests? @Junaids

If Cook scores 250, the match will be a draw. Any batsman would dominate after facing 300 deliveries. But Cook is still hovering around 50 S/R.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even Malan is set to score a 50

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Cook can get a triple finally.

Feeling sorry for Jennings & Balance - got exposed against SAF, but now Malan & the other 2 should cash on WI to make the trip down under.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Great to see Isa Guha in the commentary box, she's a smart cookie on the game and has been doing some good work for sky; was a great fast bowler in her day as well for England

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England is gorging off the poor WI !!!!!!!!!!!!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    England should declare positively. Nothing but average inflation right now. They've more than enough runs.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Oh no, England have collapsed!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Kraigg Brathwaite has been out of sorts for some time. Windies lose a wicket without a run on the board.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Wicket 488 for Jimmy. Should pass 500 by the end if the series.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Wicket 488 for Jimmy. Should pass 500 by the end if the series.
    I always had faith he'd get there, exceptional bowler

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy looking as good as ever. Such a treat to watch him play. I hope he's still there by the time Pakistan play in England next. I might book a ticket to England to watch the series this time.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Ohhhh Jimmy, Jimmmy Jimmy Jimmy Anderson

Oh Beardd, Beard Beard Beard Bearderson

Also, Jimmy Anderson > Botham

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Jimmy looking as good as ever. Such a treat to watch him play. I hope he's still there by the time Pakistan play in England next. I might book a ticket to England to watch the series this time.
    I have noticed you started following England cricket more closely as of late

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I have noticed you started following England cricket more closely as of late
    You're right. Honestly, I've tried to watch as many Test matches being played in England ever since the Pakistan vs England series. A lot of stuff is happening, there's some great cricketers playing (Cook/Anderson/Root) and then there's aggressive players like Stokes too so it's good to watch.

What really wins it for me however is the good crowds for Test matches, the expert team (commentators and analysts) and the production. It is clear as crystal and just picture perfect. Now who wouldn't want to watch Test cricket if everything was so smooth and smitten.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    You're right. Honestly, I've tried to watch as many Test matches being played in England ever since the Pakistan vs England series. A lot of stuff is happening, there's some great cricketers playing (Cook/Anderson/Root) and then there's aggressive players like Stokes too so it's good to watch.

What really wins it for me however is the good crowds for Test matches, the expert team (commentators and analysts) and the production. It is clear as crystal and just picture perfect. Now who wouldn't want to watch Test cricket if everything was so smooth and smitten.
    No doubt we tend to take the sky production value for granted, it is truly exceptional and a thing of beauty. At the same time it is also a product of the fan base which love Tests more then any other format here

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The West Indies having a knock! go on lads!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Barbie angry with the Beard, trouble in paradise between the two besties

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Darren Bravo should have been included in this tour. WI badly needed a batsman of his caliber in the team.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Yes one appreciates it more once we return inevitably to the deserts of the UAE, stands with half a dozen folk and their stuffed toys, sluggish pitches and Rameez churning out the cliches on commentary.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes one appreciates it more once we return inevitably to the deserts of the UAE, stands with half a dozen folk and their stuffed toys, sluggish pitches and Rameez churning out the cliches on commentary.
    Exactly. UAE games just give serious vibes of desolation and isolation even when the crowd is decent.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @shaz619

You must have a hard time choosing your favorite team. You're British but have Pakistani and Caribbean roots - All absolute giants of Cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @shaz619

You must have a hard time choosing your favorite team. You're British but have Pakistani and Caribbean roots - All absolute giants of Cricket.
    I've always had more of an attachment with Pakistan because of my mom supporting the team when I was a kid, then as I got older use to keep an eye on WI's and rarely missed Lara have a bat and I have been to some county games as well when he was playing for Warwickshire. And with cricket being on FTA became a big fan of the likes of Alec Stewart, Gough, Nasser etc and always kept in touch with English cricket because whenever you decided to pick up a bat their influence was adamant on the club scene or when ever a game was on, it's weird because while you have a lot of British born Pakistan fans many were in touch with England team as well and most supported them to, especially those whom had professional ambitions because they knew that their route to the top level was county cricket.

I'd say Pakistan has always been my no.1 though and have always had a soft spot for WI and England, in games like these I support WI's because they are the underdog

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Exactly. UAE games just give serious vibes of desolation and isolation even when the crowd is decent.
    The main negative I'd say is cost! Sky subscription and then the separate Sky Sports package itself is just so damn expensive, I tend to pick and choose which games I want to see thanks to NOW TV; during the Champions Trophy Final I bought a day pass for 7 quid which allowed to access the sky coverage. Will probably get another day pass for Terence Crawford v Julius Indongo this Sunday, there are some events which make a stream unbearable and you just need to get the full experience.

Anyhow credit to the ECB for the new FTA deal so the game in England will get a bit more exposure, I say that only because it's better then nothing otherwise it would have been nice to have more international games; I think the BBC only get 2 T20I's from the top of my head and they are spaced between 2020-2024 bloody stingy Yorkshireman @James

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main negative I'd say is cost! Sky subscription and then the separate Sky Sports package itself is just so damn expensive, I tend to pick and choose which games I want to see thanks to NOW TV; during the Champions Trophy Final I bought a day pass for 7 quid which allowed to access the sky coverage. Will probably get another day pass for Terence Crawford v Julius Indongo this Sunday, there are some events which make a stream unbearable and you just need to get the full experience.

Anyhow credit to the ECB for the new FTA deal so the game in England will get a bit more exposure, I say that only because it's better then nothing otherwise it would have been nice to have more international games; I think the BBC only get 2 T20I's from the top of my head and they are spaced between 2020-2024 bloody stingy Yorkshireman @James
    I don't think we're offered subscriptions to Sky Sports in Pakistan. I always stream the matches on my Smart TV. Sure, the quality isn't great always (or the internet...) but I like the coverage anyway.

In Pakistan, all we have PTV sports who choose to use camera equipment from the 1970's, Ten Sports who have OK coverage but a boring panel and Geo Sports which features nothing but personally motivated "journalists".

I fail to understand why PTV doesn't invest in better equipment. We don't even have speed guns let alone modern day video cameras or software's like Snicko, Ultra Edge, Hotspot..

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I don't think we're offered subscriptions to Sky Sports in Pakistan. I always stream the matches on my Smart TV. Sure, the quality isn't great always (or the internet...) but I like the coverage anyway.

In Pakistan, all we have PTV sports who choose to use camera equipment from the 1970's, Ten Sports who have OK coverage but a boring panel and Geo Sports which features nothing but personally motivated "journalists".

I fail to understand why PTV doesn't invest in better equipment. We don't even have speed guns let alone modern day video cameras or software's like Snicko, Ultra Edge, Hotspot..
    Am not sure, but maybe they're not bothered as much because there's not a big enough market to exploit at the moment, no cricket at home seriously derails them on so many levels. Plus people tend to generally favour the limited forms more then Tests over there, the production was of a high quality for the PSL; although things could always be a bit better with regards to the the expert panel but then again that was only a domestic T20 series.

I think in the short term it would be more cost effective to stage games in England then the UAE, the PCB could potentially reach an agreement with Sky as well to broadcast selective series; the production wold improve big time and the coverage would be excellent, besides the big Pakistan support, a lot of the neutrals have Pakistan as their favourite team as well

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty sure it's 2 per year? For most recent years we've only had 2 home t20s per year.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Pretty sure it's 2 per year? For most recent years we've only had 2 home t20s per year.
    I just checked again, it's 2 per summer between that period. And am not sure how many home T20I's England have scheduled typically but you're probably right, anyhow even 2 T20I's per summer is not a lot in terms of international cricket. What do you make of the new domestic T20 tournament which will spearhead the FTA content ?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    489 for Jimmy.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    WI 47-4.

Rather have had Bangladesh tour, they'd put up a better fight. Ridiculous that they've only toured once in the last eight years, whereas WI have toured three times and offering little fight each time.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blackwood has to be the most exciting WI player.
    WI did a big blunder by not playing him against us.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    WI lower order will need to show fight here

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welp

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

five down

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Could be all done and dusted tonight.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    England right on top at drinks.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Blackwood needs some support here , someone to stay with him , to get something on board

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Dorwich gone , plumb

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    This is embarrassing for WI , they well easily be bowled out tonight .

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    for Blackwood.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Innings victory for England, I expect. It's too easy.

There should be two test leagues.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Holder gone , WI sink further

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    WI crashing towards huge innings defeat here.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Innings victory for England, I expect. It's too easy.

There should be two test leagues.
    I propose some tests series in more neutral places Ofcourse, financially, this may not the best idea.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

eight down

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    This is depressing.

I'd suggest catching past England-West Indies series on YouTube instead of this. Last good Wisden Trophy I can remember was in 2000.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The Lords's match that year was superlative.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    world cricket is in a rubbish state overall

How odd I can have all this inside me and to you it's just words.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This could be over tonight.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Can WI take this to day four?

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Five wickets left and about a hundred minutes of play.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Four left.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Three.

Broad on a hat-trick........ level with Botham on 383.....

.....Roach blocks it.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Haha Beefy stumbling on his words

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    What a formidable bowling pair Broad and Anderson have been, easily the greatest England pair.

Leading wicket takers for England:

1.Anderson
    2.Broad

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sir Jimmy Anderson sounds pretty good

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Oh! a Trescothick sighting! he is my all time favourite English left hander

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    WI's have been awful, hope they can compete in the second Test; so sad to see their cricket at this level

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Moeen was going to finish of the innings with another hatrick but he let broad have his moment, selfless beard

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Broad passes Botham, though in 17 tests more. And with 13 tons fewer.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Botham is a fat lazy lump and Broad has more wickets then him. Broad will be looked upon as the superior bowler.
    Last edited by idrizzy; 19th August 2017 at 19:48.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Jimmy is back for another burst, the finish is near

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    491 for Anderson.

WI's worst day in England since 1933.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    491 for Anderson.

WI's worst day in England since 1933.
    Its 492

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The main annoying thing is Anderson will probably get the record in the next Test, ideally hope he has a couple of wickets left to get in the 3rd at Lords because I"ll be able to attend the cricket then

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    So England wrap things up, this has to be the worst WI's performance I've ever seen at the Test level....

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Michael Holding: There was talk of resting Jimmy and Broad for this Test, I would certainly not let anyone take the ball out of my hand when there are so many cheap wickets to be had.

Wow.

So sad.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cringe. Absolute cringefest. People bash JAMODIs but this is top tier garbage at display.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    571 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Well, I took no pleasure in that.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    706 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    One of the saddest games of cricket you'll ever see.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shockingly bad. A poor advert for Test cricket. Just a match where decent players can boost their stats. The remaining two matches will be the same. Unfortunately I have already bought tickets for the Leeds one.

Looking forward to a better contest in the T20s and ODIs! (Wow never thought I'd post that about any tour ever)

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Shockingly bad. A poor advert for Test cricket. Just a match where decent players can boost their stats. The remaining two matches will be the same. Unfortunately I have already bought tickets for the Leeds one.

Looking forward to a better contest in the T20s and ODIs! (Wow never thought I'd post that about any tour ever)
    T20s and ODIs are far better value for your money than this trash. A test between two uneven team is the worst sporting match in the world, a humiliating display of bullying that takes place over 5 days