Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 141
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,671
    Mentioned
    1560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    PCB imposes 5-year ban on Sharjeel Khan for spot-fixing in the PSL (reducible to 2.5 yrs) [Post#67]

    http://nation.com.pk/national/30-Aug...fixing-scandal

    Ban of five years has been imposed on left handed batsman Sharjeel Khan in Pakistan Super League (PSL) spot fixing scandal by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)'s Anti Corruption Tribunal today.

    According to details, no fine is being imposed on the player.

    Sharjeel was accused of playing two dot balls as spot fixing during a PSL match last season.

    Sharjeel Khan was under investigation for this spot fixing scandal in Pakistan Super League (PSL) and charge sheet under five Articles by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in February.

    Former opener and Islamabad United of PSL player will not be allowed to play any level of cricket for next two and half years while in next two-and-half-year he can play if PCB find his behaviour positive.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    443
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sharjeel Khan banned for five years with 2.5 years of suspended sentence

    Sharjeel Khan banned for five years with 2.5 years of suspended sentence; found guilty of all five charges including spot-fixing.


  3. #3
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,013
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the proof?

    I'm still skeptical about this whole thing because the PCB is dodgy as hell but if Sharjeel did indeed fix then this isn't harsh enough. Should've been 5 years complete ban rather than the half suspended sentence.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Occupied Kashmir
    Runs
    2,716
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shame on Sharjeel khan.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,852
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a shame. What are the charges? And did he confess?

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,023
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldve banned him for life he's been found guilty. Set a precedence, no point in giving a 5 year ban - this is going to end his career anyway.

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2014
    Runs
    375
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    good riddance ... after being found guilty...

  8. #8
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,023
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel Khan to appeal the five year ban.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    24,282
    Mentioned
    1241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    So in actuality will serve only 2.5yrs of ban.A light sentence.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,889
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Got Fakhar now who is fitter and able to score big. Its not a big loss. Time to move on.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    6,023
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Got Fakhar now who is fitter and able to score big. Its not a big loss. Time to move on.
    Exactly. Sharjeel was a gem but also a major liability in the field and only capable of a score between 30-50 usually.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,671
    Mentioned
    1560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Comments from PCB Legal

    All charges against Sharjeel Khan have been proven but after studying the judgement we reserve the right to challenge the actual punishment

    We requested a fine be imposed but the Tribunal did not accept which is why I am saying we willl consider our options after studying detailed judgement

    You can all guess what will happen to other players when all are involved in one incident


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  13. #13
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    12,410
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    So in actuality will serve only 2.5yrs of ban.A light sentence.
    He's also already served some of that sentence so will be back in around 2 years. He's a lucky man.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,427
    Mentioned
    4364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    He will be around 31 when his ban is over and he"ll also look like Yokozuna by then, career is effectively over. And who cares, we got Fakhar now anyway mA.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,427
    Mentioned
    4364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    He's also already served some of that sentence so will be back in around 2 years. He's a lucky man.
    That's if his ban is backtracked, no word on that.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  16. #16
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,061
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Name:  DId02PTVoAEOH_9.jpg
Views: 4678
Size:  127.5 KB
    Name:  DId02PTVAAAxUJo.jpg
Views: 4655
Size:  135.7 KB
    Name:  DId02LDVwAAEq4D.jpg
Views: 4669
Size:  149.5 KB
    Name:  DId02KkUEAAXNws.jpg
Views: 4668
Size:  118.4 KB


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  17. #17
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    522
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Justice served.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,776
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    pcb pays the tribinaul hence a life ban for sure. Bias judgement

    Posters here dont even know what proofs were presented and what was produced in court yet they argue about it here on forums that the verdict should be given quickly this and that.


    Anyways, a very light sentence if the player was involved in fixing
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 30th August 2017 at 21:11.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,897
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Its PCB internal members' formed court. The court did not have any significant evidence against Sharjeel. But still verdict was PCB's favor. ICC should investigate this matter. Either Sharjeel come out clean or ban for life.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,776
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Its PCB internal members' formed court. The court did not have any significant evidence against Sharjeel. But still verdict was PCB's favor. ICC should investigate this matter. Either Sharjeel come out clean or ban for life.
    You do know when passing out a verdict against anyone, every orginisation makes its own tribunal.


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Its PCB internal members' formed court. The court did not have any significant evidence against Sharjeel. But still verdict was PCB's favor. ICC should investigate this matter. Either Sharjeel come out clean or ban for life.

    The decision is a complete and utter farce.

    World class batsman like Dean Jones and Mohammad Yousuf testfied his dot balls were not suspicious.


    “Jones has told the tribunal that Sharjeel played dot balls on merit and that he has no reservations about Sharjeel’s shot selection.”

    The fookin PCB drafted in that ATG and legendary batsman Aaqib Javed who said they were.

    This has been a complete kangaroo court, with no credible evidence against Sharjeel.

    The decision to convict had been made from day 1 to prevent the PCB looking like complete fools.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,897
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    You do know when passing out a verdict against anyone, every orginisation makes its own tribunal.
    Yes, if the organization has clean reputation headed by honest people. PCB has Sethi and Sheikh in top spots. So you summarize.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,897
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klopp2005 View Post
    The decision is a complete and utter farce.

    World class batsman like Dean Jones and Mohammad Yousuf testfied his dot balls were not suspicious.


    “Jones has told the tribunal that Sharjeel played dot balls on merit and that he has no reservations about Sharjeel’s shot selection.”

    The fookin PCB drafted in that ATG and legendary batsman Aaqib Javed who said they were.

    This has been a complete kangaroo court, with no credible evidence against Sharjeel.

    The decision to convict had been made from day 1 to prevent the PCB looking like complete fools.
    Sharjeel should go to court just like Latif.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    9,776
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Yes, if the organization has clean reputation headed by honest people. PCB has Sethi and Sheikh in top spots. So you summarize.
    again, is sheikh or sethi part of the tribunal?


    "Life is Pain"
    ~House~

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,897
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    again, is sheikh or sethi part of the tribunal?
    Directly no but they choose them as tribunal members.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,267
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow, seriously can't our players learn that spot fixing will only land you in more trouble? We're in 2017 where technology is much greater so there's no hiding when it comes to spot fixing.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    3,430
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pakistan cricketer Sharjeel Khan banned for five years

    Pakistan batsman Sharjeel Khan toured Australia earlier this year before his alleged spot-fixing offences in the Pakistan Super League.
    Test cricketer Sharjeel Khan has been banned for five years for spot-fixing.

    The Pakistan Cricket Board's anti-corruption tribunal backdated the ban to February 10 when Sharjeel was first suspended during the Pakistan Super League Twenty20 competition.

    The 28-year-old was sent home from the United Arab Emirates along with Islamabad United teammate Khalid Latif.

    Half of Sharjeel's sentence will be suspended if he goes through the PCB's rehabilitation process.

    PCB legal advisor Tafazzul Rizvi says the punishment vindicates the cricket board's stance that it had solid evidence against the batsman. Sharjeel's lawyer says they will appeal.

    The three-member tribunal was headed by retired Lahore High Court judge Asghar Haider, with former PCB chairman Tauqir Zia and former Pakistan captain Wasim Bari as its members.

    A hard-hitting left-handed batsman, Sharjeel has played 25 ODIs, 15 T20 internationals and a solitary test for his country, against Australia in Sydney in January.

    https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/...for-five-years


    We will never surrender. We win or we die. And don't think it stops there. You will have the next generation to fight; and after the next, the next.

    OMAR MUKHTAR

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    14,854
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a shame. I believe he had the potential to become the highest grossing player in the history of Pakistan cricket because of the lucrative deals players are getting for T20. All wasted


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    13,239
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Extremely strange. If he was found guilty of spot fixing, why 2.5 years with good behaviour? I thought the minimum was 5 years, as in the case with Amir even with good behaviour. Kaneria was banned for life if I'm right and he fixed domestically too.

    Disappointed, kind of shows a weak stance by PCB. If they have enough evidence, it should have been 5 years ban at least, be fair, we should impose a ban less than ICC would have done. People already think we're too lenient on fixing.

    If on the other hand it's 2.5 because PCB's evidence is shaky, that's not great either as Sharjeel can challenge and win.

    The whole ordeal is strange. And if the rumours are true and Khalid gets 5 instead, no good behaviour reduction, even weirder as if I'm right on Sharjeel was reputedly caught in the act of fixing.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    2,978
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crying shame

    Don't blame the pcb they had to be firm on this issue

  31. #31
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,721
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very lenient sentence if he was involved in fixing.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    23,013
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they had enough evidence.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,427
    Mentioned
    4364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel aka the rattle manj trying to avoid a ban during this case:



    We got him ! @Red Devil @Adil_94


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    11,422
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    When his ban ends he will be slightly older than Salman Butt was when the ICC got sick of the PCB's obstruction and declared him to be eligible again to play international cricket.

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Jeddah, Melbourne
    Runs
    1,211
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a shocker.

    1st we along with the whole world go through each and every minute detail of Amir's case and how suddenly PCB has grown balls to give life bans and here we are back to square one with 2.5 years joke of a sentence.

    If Sharjeel is guilty, give him a life ban
    If he's not, just man up and admit you were wrong.

    This 2.5 years is like there's no concrete evidence against him but they've found something minutely relevant to hold something against Sharjeel.

    This sentence has given me full faith that Sharjeel has been made a scapegoat for PCB to not have to admit that they've goofed up in this investigation and that Sharjeel is innocent.

    All talk and zilch proof is PCB's forte.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,645
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Joke of a verdict. How did they come to thr 2.5yrs suspended decision? If he really is guilty, the punishment should have been severe.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    26,025
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without having seen the evidence against him, a few things, as already pointed out by others, are worrying:

    - PCB appointed justice system (all the way)
    - No real evidence shared
    - MoYo and Dean Jones testifying those two dot balls were played on merit yet they take word of Mr. Aaqib who was a bigger talent than those two, right?
    - Why give a light sentence and then further reduce it to half; if his conduct was good/examplry during the case, then what about his alleged conduct that resulted in this ban in the period before? Was that good or bad?
    - Why not ban him for life when you are so sure he did it and have solid proof?
    - What if he appeals and gets the verdict overturned, what will PCB do then if he wants to come back to the team?

    I don't care either way, if he is guilty, make sure evidence is good and put him in jail for life for all I care due to his so-called shady dealings and conduct!

    But, if he is not, you are giving 2 1/2 years too long of a sentence to someone on the basis of heresay, that is wrong as well!


    Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

  38. #38
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,135
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Where is the proof?

    I'm still skeptical about this whole thing because the PCB is dodgy as hell but if Sharjeel did indeed fix then this isn't harsh enough. Should've been 5 years complete ban rather than the half suspended sentence.
    This is a sham justice. Sethi 2 days ago already said in an interview that Sharjeel should get 5 years ban and this is exactly what happens.

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    3,643
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel's lawyer has claimed that the fixer/bookie Khalid and Sharjeel met with has been friends with Umar Amin for the past 8 months. I think it's pretty clear that Sharjeel was offered to play 2 dot balls, whether he played the balls on merit or on purpose doesn't matter since everything indicates to the fact that Sharjeel had agreed/intended to fix.

    It's easy to blame PCB and say there is no evidence but we're all speculating since we have no idea what was shared at the trial and what the ACSU head confirmed about this incident. I think it's a strong message from PCB to all players. An appeal seems pointless but I expect Sharjeel and his legal crew to exhaust all options.

    I'm seriously disappointed because I think Sharjeel was actually the best talent we found in the last 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised to find out he was involved in such things for a while. His previous video about being blackmailed was also pretty dodgy. I don't think PCB is conspiring against him or Khalid...let him appeal in Switzerland if he really has a case (exactly what Asif and Butt did).

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    10,263
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    He will be around 31 when his ban is over and he"ll also look like Yokozuna by then, career is effectively over. And who cares, we got Fakhar now anyway mA.
    While Sharjeel deserves whatever is coming his way, he was more gifted with the bat than Fakhar. Fakhar is an honest trier and definitely a huge upgrade on all our previous openers thus far, but I think Fakhar needs some work, esp against the short ball.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,427
    Mentioned
    4364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    While Sharjeel deserves whatever is coming his way, he was more gifted with the bat than Fakhar. Fakhar is an honest trier and definitely a huge upgrade on all our previous openers thus far, but I think Fakhar needs some work, esp against the short ball.
    Sharjeel had his flaws to when he came to the set up but got better, Fakhar despite them played some monumental innings which resulted in a trophy; he's a very strong dude mentally and seems to have a good work ethic, expect him to get even better iA So no use crying about Manj, relish Fakhar put him on a pedestal and bow


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    8,933
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    2.5 years? What a joke, instead of increasing the punishments they've reduced it!!


    See You Space Cowboy....

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    5,065
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the proof? Have the whatsapp messages been released to the public?


    Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    10,263
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Sharjeel had his flaws to when he came to the set up but got better, Fakhar despite them played some monumental innings which resulted in a trophy; he's a very strong dude mentally and seems to have a good work ethic, expect him to get even better iA So no use crying about Manj, relish Fakhar put him on a pedestal and bow
    I will never change my allegiance. Team Sharjeel till the bitter end. He is Braveheart who put that tyrant Mitchell starc in his place.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    24,427
    Mentioned
    4364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    I will never change my allegiance. Team Sharjeel till the bitter end. He is Braveheart who put that tyrant Mitchell starc in his place.
    There are no heroes in Pakistan cricket he betrayed you Suleiman


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    2,544
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Farce of a decision. WHERE IS THE DAMN PROOF??????
    I am yet to see the proof. Top batsmen such as Dean Jones and Yousuf testified that the dot balls were played on merit. This is definitely a joke. I guarantee you, if Sharjeel takes this to an independent court or supreme court, the decision would be in his favour. This is not over.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    630
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow 5-year ban without any solid evidence, I agree to him being banned if he is found guilty with solid evidence but this is just a joke.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,129
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsee View Post
    Without having seen the evidence against him, a few things, as already pointed out by others, are worrying:

    - PCB appointed justice system (all the way)
    - No real evidence shared
    - MoYo and Dean Jones testifying those two dot balls were played on merit yet they take word of Mr. Aaqib who was a bigger talent than those two, right?
    - Why give a light sentence and then further reduce it to half; if his conduct was good/examplry during the case, then what about his alleged conduct that resulted in this ban in the period before? Was that good or bad?
    - Why not ban him for life when you are so sure he did it and have solid proof?
    - What if he appeals and gets the verdict overturned, what will PCB do then if he wants to come back to the team?

    I don't care either way, if he is guilty, make sure evidence is good and put him in jail for life for all I care due to his so-called shady dealings and conduct!

    But, if he is not, you are giving 2 1/2 years too long of a sentence to someone on the basis of heresay, that is wrong as well!
    The reason he should appeal. An independent committee might think that the evidence is crap or just not concrete enough.

    If he met the bookie but refused then he should get the same sentence as Irfan.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,440
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sharjeel Khan Not Happy With Decision To Ban Him

    PCB's legal advisor Tafazzul Rizvi hinted that the Board was also not satisfied with the decision.

    Pakistan batsman Sharjeel Khan, who was on Wednesday banned for five years on spot-fixing charges, said he has reservations over the decision announced by the three-member Anti-Corruption tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board. His lawyer Shaighan Ejaz told a media conference hours after the tribunal released its short order announcing the ban that Sharjeel would mull over appealing against the decision. "Even though the ban is technically for two and half years but my client is concerned that he can't play cricket until August 2019," Ejaz said.

    He said the tribunal decision was not as expected by them.

    "Given the proceedings of the case, we were expecting a different decision," he said.

    Ejaz said that once the full order was announced, his client would decide on filing an appeal within 14-days against his five-year ban.

    PCB's legal advisor Tafazzul Rizvi hinted that the Board was also not satisfied with the decision.

    "The tribunal accepted all five charges against Sharjeel but gave him the minimum possible punishment. It is also a fact that Sharjeel even after the completion of his ban will have to convince the PCB and authorities that he can be allowed back into competition," he said.

    Sharjeel, who has played one Test, 25 ODIs and 25 T20 internationals for Pakistan, was sent back from Dubai in February with teammate Khalid Latif by the PCB after they were found violating the anti-corruption code in the Pakistan Super League.

    The tribunal could hand a tougher punishment on Khalid Latif as he has, unlike Sharjeel, not accepted the authority of the tribunal through his lawyer and also challenged the formation of the tribunal twice in the Lahore High Court.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    8,091
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Out the way done with - finally!

    Was waiting anxiously for this day.


    Thugs better scat when the gat goes click-clack
    Or I'mma have your family dressed in all black

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    3,561
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that PCB had to ask experts like Yousuf and Dean Jones whether those balls were played on merit suggests they had no evidence. If they did have any evidence then this is pretty fair. If not poor from PCB.


    "Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,135
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    2.5 years? What a joke, instead of increasing the punishments they've reduced it!!
    The punishment is lower because PCB was not able to prove that Sharjeel is guilty. So now PCB is trying to save its face by lowering the punishment and will try to talk Sharjeel into not challenging the verdict.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,971
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Extremely strange. If he was found guilty of spot fixing, why 2.5 years with good behaviour? I thought the minimum was 5 years, as in the case with Amir even with good behaviour. Kaneria was banned for life if I'm right and he fixed domestically too.

    Disappointed, kind of shows a weak stance by PCB. If they have enough evidence, it should have been 5 years ban at least, be fair, we should impose a ban less than ICC would have done. People already think we're too lenient on fixing.

    If on the other hand it's 2.5 because PCB's evidence is shaky, that's not great either as Sharjeel can challenge and win.

    The whole ordeal is strange. And if the rumours are true and Khalid gets 5 instead, no good behaviour reduction, even weirder as if I'm right on Sharjeel was reputedly caught in the act of fixing.
    The judge on Amir's case stated he was restricted by ICC's rules (minimum 5 years for all spot fixing).

    Otherwise, Amir would have got a similar ban to Sharjeel's.

    The PCB isn't restricted by those rules so we see a ban such as this one.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,129
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    The punishment is lower because PCB was not able to prove that Sharjeel is guilty. So now PCB is trying to save its face by lowering the punishment and will try to talk Sharjeel into not challenging the verdict.
    But what if he does? Will there be an another independent committee? There is a serious possibility of his ban getting reduced to a year.

    If they only know that he met a bookie and can not prove he agreed to something then he should get the same sentence as Irfan.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,228
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Weird judgment. He's either guilt or innocent. He should have been banned for life or allowed to make a comeback.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    2,253
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB need to take strong action against fixers. If found guilty should banned them for life. Only then it will give strong message to everyone else that there is no place for fixing in Pakistan cricket.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,601
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PCB Hands Sharjeel Khan 5-Year Suspended Ban For Spot-Fixing

    Pakistan's Test batsman Sharjeel Khan has been handed a five-year ban, half of it suspended by the three member anti-corruption tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board, based on circumstantial evidence. The 60 pages final order of the tribunal headed by retired Lahore High Court judge Asghar Haider lists many reasons for it reaching the conclusion that Sharjeel had committed all five charges brought against him by the PCB after he was sent back with Pakistan teammate Khalid Latif from the Pakistan Super League in February this year and suspended under the anti-corruption code.

    The final order does state that despite being given anti-corruption lectures, Sharjeel allegedly met with bookmaker called Yousuf Anwar at a cafe near Conrad hotel in Dubai on February 9 with Khalid Latif.

    The order states that Sharjeel agreed to spot fix while playing for Islamabad United against Peshawar Zalmi in the first match of the second PSL and the arrangement in lieu of payment.

    The order says as alleged by the PCB the signal agreed between Sharjeel and the bookmaker and his accomplice was that Sharjeel would do a strech (a squat) before facing the balls after the first over to confirm the deal.

    The order says Sharjeel did give the signals of squating and played two dot balls confirming the PCB allegations.

    The interesting thing is while the final order confirms that the anti-corruption and security unit of the International Cricket Council also grilled Sharjeel and Khalid soon after the Islamabad and Peshawar match, it does not highlight any solid evidence by way of video recording, telephone recordings, audio clips, financial transactions or pictures of Sharjeel meeting the bookmaker to spot-fix.

    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/pcb-...fixing-1748482


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,754
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    PCB Hands Sharjeel Khan 5-Year Suspended Ban For Spot-Fixing

    Pakistan's Test batsman Sharjeel Khan has been handed a five-year ban, half of it suspended by the three member anti-corruption tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board, based on circumstantial evidence. The 60 pages final order of the tribunal headed by retired Lahore High Court judge Asghar Haider lists many reasons for it reaching the conclusion that Sharjeel had committed all five charges brought against him by the PCB after he was sent back with Pakistan teammate Khalid Latif from the Pakistan Super League in February this year and suspended under the anti-corruption code.

    The final order does state that despite being given anti-corruption lectures, Sharjeel allegedly met with bookmaker called Yousuf Anwar at a cafe near Conrad hotel in Dubai on February 9 with Khalid Latif.

    The order states that Sharjeel agreed to spot fix while playing for Islamabad United against Peshawar Zalmi in the first match of the second PSL and the arrangement in lieu of payment.

    The order says as alleged by the PCB the signal agreed between Sharjeel and the bookmaker and his accomplice was that Sharjeel would do a strech (a squat) before facing the balls after the first over to confirm the deal.

    The order says Sharjeel did give the signals of squating and played two dot balls confirming the PCB allegations.

    The interesting thing is while the final order confirms that the anti-corruption and security unit of the International Cricket Council also grilled Sharjeel and Khalid soon after the Islamabad and Peshawar match, it does not highlight any solid evidence by way of video recording, telephone recordings, audio clips, financial transactions or pictures of Sharjeel meeting the bookmaker to spot-fix.

    https://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/pcb-...fixing-1748482
    Do you have a link to the full order?

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    2,754
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Do you have a link to the full order?
    Never mind, I have found it:

    http://www.pcb.com.pk/downloads/anti...n%208-9-17.pdf

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,601
    Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    Yep that's it.

    It was published yesterday but I waited for an article as it's not feasible to add 60 pages here...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    5,545
    Mentioned
    1238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Islamabad High Court issues notices to PCB

    The Islamabad High Court (IHC) yesterday issued notices to Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) in a petition of cricketer Sharjeel Khan, challenging five-year ban imposed on him by the board.

    A single bench of IHC, comprising Justice Aamer Farooq, conducted hearing of the petition moved by Sharjeel through his counsel Shaigan Ijaz Advocate. After issuing the notices , the court deferred the hearing till February 21 for further proceedings in this matter.

    In his petition, he cited the Ministry of Law & Justice secretary, Ministry of Inter-Provincial Coordination secretary, PCB chairman, Independent Adjudicator NCA Lahore and PCB’s Anti-Corruption Tribunal chairman as respondents.

    The counsel stated in the petition that petitioner Sharjeel is an international cricketer having made his debut for Pakistan in 2013 and he was charged by the PCB for committing violations of PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code under article 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.4.4. and 2.4.5.

    He added that notice of demand was issued to the petitioner on February 13 under article 4.3 of the code to appear before PCB’s security and vigilance department on February 17, 2017. The petitioner’s so-called interview was conducted on the above-mentioned date. On February 18, 2017, notice of charge under article 4.6 was issued to the petitioner.

    Shaigan told the court that the PCB respondent leveled charges against the petitioner but he denied all the charges and the matter was referred to PCB’s Anti-Corruption Tribunal. He said the tribunal announced its short order on August 30, 2017 wherein the petitioner was found guilty of committing the charged offences and five years ban was imposed on the petitioner.

    The counsel continued that the petitioner by filing an appeal before independent adjudicator (respondent no 4) challenged detailed decision dated 08-09-2017 as well as the short-order dated 30-08-2017 wherein respondent no 4 vide his judgment dated 13-11-2017 dismissed appeal filed by the petitioner as well as the appeal filed by the PCB. He said the petitioner sought indulgence of this honorable court for setting aside decision dated 13-11-2017 passed by respondent no 4 and decision dated 08-09-2017.

    Ijaz contended that impugned judgments have been passed in violation of fundamental rights guaranteed under Article 4, 10-A, 18 and 25 of the Constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973. He argued that impugned orders dated 13-11-2017 and 08-09-2017 are result of miss-reading and non-reading of evidence and is liable to be set aside.

    Therefore, he prayed to the court that the impugned decision dated 13-11-2017 passed by respondent no 4 as well as impugned decision dated 08-09-2017 to the extent of dismissal of appeal filed by the petitioner passed by respondent no 5 may kindly be set aside and resultantly, the sanction/period of ineligibility imposed on the petitioner may also be set aside and the appellant be acquitted/cleared of all the charges leveled against him.

    He requested that the operation of impugned decisions dated 13-11-2017 and 08-09-2017 and the period of ineligibility imposed on the petitioner may kindly be suspended during pendency of the instant petition.

    https://nation.com.pk/24-Jan-2018/is...notices-to-pcb

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,135
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ban should be removed

  63. #63
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    216
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know even if ban is removed Sharjeel or Khalid would be the same cricketers they were before the ban.

    Definitely accept this ban [removal of Sharjeel] has helped Ahmed Shehzad and Inzamam more than Pakistan

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,629
    Mentioned
    1331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even if Sharjeel's ban is removed, corrupt Sethi will make sure Sharjeel is not selected till he is around.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    1,315
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Even if Sharjeel's ban is removed, corrupt Sethi will make sure Sharjeel is not selected till he is around.
    Sad reality of Pakistan cricket. Sharjeel is challenging the Don(Sethi) so to your point even if the ban is lifted, Sethi will not let him any where near the national team nor be part of domestic XI.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    978
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Even if Sharjeel's ban is removed, corrupt Sethi will make sure Sharjeel is not selected till he is around.
    Sharjeel's ban will only be removed if sethi goes. I am so fed up with these Azhar Ali types that if it is upto me, I will play Sharjeel even if he fixed. Leagues mein tou fixing chalti he.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    11,046
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The head of the Senate Standing Committee on Sports has expressed doubts over involvement of Test batsman Sharjeel Khan in spot-fixing during last year’s Pakistan Super League (PSL).

    Dr. Ashok Kumar while presiding over a hearing in which Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials were in attendance said that the Board must produce evidence on basis of which it says Sharjeel was guilty of corruption.

    “We have been told time and again that Sharjeel is innocent and he has not been treated justly by you,” Kumar told Subhan Ahmed, the PCB’s chief operating officer.

    Subhan insisted that the Board had all the evidence on basis of which the anti-corruption tribunal of the board had banned him and Khalid Latif for five years.

    He informed the senators that the appeals of both the Pakistani batsmen had also been dismissed by an appellate tribunal.

    The PCB tribunal banned both the national team players last year in August and September and Sharjeel has now taken his case to the Islamabad High Court.

    Senator Kumar said that no institution would be allowed to show injustice with any player and at next hearing the Board must come with the evidence against Sharjeel.

    He also reminded that that lawyer for Sharjeel had insisted that the PCB had not interpreted the anti-corruption code nor shown any strong evidence on basis of which it charged its client with five breaches of the anti-corruption code.

    The Senate standing committee which is holding regular meetings with all the national sports federations in a bid to improve the sports structure in the country also expressed annoyance over the absence of PCB Chairman, Najam Sethi from the hearing.

    Subhan informed the senators that Sethi was busy with a PSL meeting which is why he couldn't attend but senator Kumar made it clear that the PCB chief must be present at the next meeting.

    http://www.sportstarlive.com/cricket...le22645048.ece

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,333
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when is ban till? when can he play?

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    734
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he had the proof, he would have showed it. This is just an ego thing with sethi bagherat.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    13,061
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but, that's a cop-out. If they didn't have the evidence against Sharjeel [still waiting for Sethi's proof] then why were the appeals dismissed?

    Utterly incompetent from top to bottom.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  71. #71
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,044
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If sharjeel is cleared, he needs to sue everyone. Sharjeel khan vs the World.

    And it should be Fakhar + Sharjeel. A new Dawn for Pakistan will arrive with these two opening the batting. The most fearsome opening combo since Gilly and Hayden. Etc.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,629
    Mentioned
    1331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    If sharjeel is cleared, he needs to sue everyone. Sharjeel khan vs the World.

    And it should be Fakhar + Sharjeel. A new Dawn for Pakistan will arrive with these two opening the batting. The most fearsome opening combo since Gilly and Hayden. Etc.
    Oh bhai hoslaaa


    Even if Fakhar and Sharjeel open the batting we still have Babar (except SL/WI), Sarfaraz, Malik/Hafeez following them.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  73. #73
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    21,044
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Oh bhai hoslaaa


    Even if Fakhar and Sharjeel open the batting we still have Babar (except SL/WI), Sarfaraz, Malik/Hafeez following them.
    Middle aadar main bhi to marammat karni hai bhai.

    Babar failed when the openers couldnt lay down a foundation. So hopefully an agressive start will pump him. Sarfu at 4. Then, Apka Haris is there as well at number 5. Bhas from the 6th number there should be hacks galore. Maqsood or any other capable hitter at 6. 7th pe khila do shadab ko yaar. Koi masla nahi. 8th pe Faheem. 9th Hassan. Fir Amir wagerah wagerah. zabardas batting line up. Every one can hold a bat. Aur haan, if Nawaz and his kind are made to bat at 3 like they did in one of the t20s, the we all should eat pulaao, batti bujhao and so jao.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    937
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Oh bhai hoslaaa


    Even if Fakhar and Sharjeel open the batting we still have Babar (except SL/WI), Sarfaraz, Malik/Hafeez following them.
    Fakhar
    Sharjeel
    Babar
    Sarfraz
    Talat
    Shadab
    Yamin
    Faheem
    Hasan


    Not a bad batting line up for limited overs

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    937
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will his ban end?

    Can he start playing cricket in the summer of 2019????

  76. #76
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    561
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this could be a turn of events, let's see what happens. How could PCB so arrogant towards a players career, if they have proof just show it, they have had ample time. Looks to me they don't.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,693
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel and fakhar opening will be the day we finally step into 21st century cricket batting.


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    7,897
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When is the next meeting? Can anyone please inform

  79. #79
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,671
    Mentioned
    1560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,292
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    So he couldn't do this while he was an unbanned active player? Shows the shocking lack of professionalism in Pakistani players in general.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •