Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 164
  1. #1
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    81
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Would Babar Azam make it into the Indian cricket team?

    Babar Azam is Pakistan's best talent. However would he hypothetically even make the Indian cricket team?

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be but wont be regular.

  3. #3
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    3,077
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not in tests. In ODIs, he might find a spot.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,155
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not in a million years.


    Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    271
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even bench..sorry posters can hate me here but Babar needs to achieve a lot right now to make that claim. Fans have hyped him so much that he looks like Bradman.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,327
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He would even struggle to maintain his position in India A side.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    173
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol if kedar uncle can make Indian side then babar can aswell. Babar is probably about as good as Rohit Sharma although he needs to develop his big shots.

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,960
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He wouldn't even make their U-19 team.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,755
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He'd make the Indian ODI team. He's a better bat than everyone in that team bar Dhawan, Kohli and Dhoni. Though Babar isn't the 5th best batsman in the world, lacks the impact even if he's ranked there, he's still very good.

    Tests he hasn't done much but also hasn't played much. But India have already a solid core of experienced players now with Pujara, rahane, Kohli, Dhawan. India are also strong enough to play an allrounder at 6, hence Pandaya would be preferred. And Rahul is a very good test prospect who's had better success than Babar so far as well as R Sharma as an option too. So he probably wouldn't break into the test team.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    81
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of hate for a very talented batsman..... Suggesting he wouldn't make India's U19 team is ridiculous!!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    In ODIs, he's younger and better than Kedar Jadhav.

    So I'm sure he'd slot in at #5.

    Kohli, Rahul, Azam is a fantastic middle order.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    Not in tests. In ODIs, he might find a spot.
    Might?

    You're playing an inferior batsman in 32-year-old Kedar Jadhav at 5.

    Azam would easily replace him.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,889
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is better than all their batsmen except Kohli.

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    4,257
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No.

    He definitely would not make it to the Test team.

    In ODI's, he is not more talented than Manish Pandey (who struggles to get into the team). Kedar Jadhav seems to have some strong lobbying going on.

    Also, Raina is much better than Babar. Yet Raina is not in the team.

    In T20's, Babar has no chance.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,532
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    LOL at posters implying that the likes of Jadhav, Yuvraj (present) are better than Babar.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    575
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by htariq25 View Post
    Lol if kedar uncle can make Indian side then babar can aswell. Babar is probably about as good as Rohit Sharma although he needs to develop his big shots.
    He is no where close to Rohit Sharma. Stop hyping him.

    Babar Azam is very good player, but due to him being no3 batsman, dont think he could take Kohli's place in team. Now, if he bat at other spot, maybe he could take K Jadhavs spot, however if M Pandey becomes regular then i dont see Babar fitting into Indian team. He cant bat lower than no5, as he dont have the big hitting ability for lower order bat.

    India have sheer batting talent..

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    those who are saying that he will slot in ahead of jadhav and yuvraj are completely missing the point

    babar is an accumulator who often does a lot of tuk tuk and he clearly belongs in the top order

    his batting style is simply not suited to the middle order

    india needs high impact players in the middle order and he won't get selected ahead of yuvraj,jadhav,raina,pant etc

    he obviously cannot get into the top order ahead of kohli,dhawan,rohit and rahul

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    193
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great talent but lacks presence so no. He doesn't have the desire and drive of Kohli to succeed and needs plenty of work on playing spin and go to the gym so he can improve his hitting.

    No half centuries in England after more than 10 ODIs in last 12 months and pathetic CPL performance. At tests less said the better. As one poster pointed out he's not even India A level.
    Last edited by backfootpunch; 30th August 2017 at 20:49.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Great talent but lacks presence so no. He doesn't have the desire and drive of Kohli to succeed and needs plenty of work on playing spin and go to the gym so he can improve his hitting.

    No half centuries in England after more than 10 ODIs in last 12 months and pathetic CPL performance. At tests less said the better. As one poster pointed out he's not even India A level.
    not many batsmen in india A can average 50 at 90 in odis regardless of the opposition

    if that was the case they would have replaced the deadwood in the indian team already

    babar cannot get into the current indian team because he is a top order player but he is not better than India's current top order batsmen

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Great talent but lacks presence so no. He doesn't have the desire and drive of Kohli to succeed and needs plenty of work on playing spin and go to the gym so he can improve his hitting.

    No half centuries in England after more than 10 ODIs in last 12 months and pathetic CPL performance. At tests less said the better. As one poster pointed out he's not even India A level.
    After 31 ODIs.

    Virat Kohli AVG: 45.08 (2 100s, 8 50s)

    Babar Azam AVG: 53.88 (5 100s, 6 50s)

    If you dig deeper, Virat Kohli averaged 20 vs AUS in his first series against them. Babar averaged 56.40.

    If they were side by side at that point in time, it would be Virat Kohli on the bench not Azam.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    2,078
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahhah some of indian posters say he cant make it,he is number 5 i icc odi ranking and he cant make it into india side like they have sachins and bradmans in the team..

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,553
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumb View Post
    Not even bench..sorry posters can hate me here but Babar needs to achieve a lot right now to make that claim. Fans have hyped him so much that he looks like Bradman.
    Agree.

    Babar with his current ability won't find any spot in Indian ODI and test spot.He is overhyped.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,155
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    After 31 ODIs.

    Virat Kohli AVG: 45.08 (2 100s, 8 50s)

    Babar Azam AVG: 53.88 (5 100s, 6 50s)

    If you dig deeper, Virat Kohli averaged 20 vs AUS in his first series against them. Babar averaged 56.40.

    If they were side by side at that point in time, it would be Virat Kohli on the bench not Azam.
    Similar comparisons were made when Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad were new.

    Umar Akmal v Virat Kohli: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-v-Virat-Kohli

    Ahmed Shehzad v Sachin Tendulkar: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ge-differences

    These average comparisons are meaningless and I can guarantee you that Babar will go down the same route as other "talented" Pakistani batsmen.
    Last edited by Abdul; 30th August 2017 at 21:13.


    Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,639
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Might?

    You're playing an inferior batsman in 32-year-old Kedar Jadhav at 5.

    Azam would easily replace him.
    You cannot compare the two . Jadhav is picked for his hitting abilities .
    I dont think you realise he averages 47 at a SR of 122 .

    Thats not a spot he will compete for but the top order where the likes of Pant , KL etc are tryin to cement their place , there is no way he will get ahead of them .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Similar comparisons were made when Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad were new.

    Umar Akmal v Virat Kohli: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-v-Virat-Kohli

    Ahmed Shehzad v Sachin Tendulkar: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ge-differences

    These average comparisons are meaningless and I can guarantee you that Babar will go down the same route as other "talented" and "gifted" Pakistani batsmen.
    Sure but that's all guesswork which is subjective.

    I'm speaking about what's in front of us right now. As of 31 ODIs, Babar Azam is ahead by a fair margin especially when you look at how many of those matches Kohli played in subcontinent conditions.

    The power of hindsight is on Kohli's side. His career could have easily fallen by the wayside too. My premise was more to show a prospect needs time to develop and Azam is on the way.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    2,230
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    While the criticism of Kedar is justified and Babar may be better than him, there are enough batsmen like Krunal Pandya, Sampson, Iyer, Iyengar, Pandey, Uthappa and many more waiting to get a chance who are probably better than Babar. Heck, even a recent unbeaten triple Test centurion cannot find a permanent place in the team.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    882
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    hahhah some of indian posters say he cant make it,he is number 5 i icc odi ranking and he cant make it into india side like they have sachins and bradmans in the team..
    he is not aggressive enough for the middle order and he can't play in their top order because they have kohli (atg) and dhawan and rohit who are world class openers

    so babar maybe ranked 5 but the indian top order players are even better. kohli is best in his position and dhawan and rohit are top 3 in their position

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    You cannot compare the two . Jadhav is picked for his hitting abilities .
    I dont think you realise he averages 47 at a SR of 122 .

    Thats not a spot he will compete for but the top order where the likes of Pant , KL etc are tryin to cement their place , there is no way he will get ahead of them .
    Forget Jadhav, what has KL Rahul done in ODIs or even List A to justify a spot over Azam?

    A 100 against ZIM? A meager average of 39 in List A cricket?

    All of this while he's 3 years ahead in development!

    His ODI innings against good opponents: 8, 5, 11, 4, 17


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,639
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    After 31 ODIs.

    Virat Kohli AVG: 45.08 (2 100s, 8 50s)

    Babar Azam AVG: 53.88 (5 100s, 6 50s)

    If you dig deeper, Virat Kohli averaged 20 vs AUS in his first series against them. Babar averaged 56.40.

    If they were side by side at that point in time, it would be Virat Kohli on the bench not Azam.
    Ambati Rayudi averages 50 , has most likely played his last game for India . Inspite of statistically being good , I think Rohit sharma is crap . So its not all stats , some one like Babar whos too one dimensional will not fit in the Indian side .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    575
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Forget Jadhav, what has KL Rahul done in ODIs or even List A to justify a spot over Azam?

    A 100 against ZIM? A meager average of 39 in List A cricket?

    All of this while he's 3 years ahead in development!

    His ODI innings against good opponents: 8, 5, 11, 4, 17
    Unlike Azam, KL has hitting ability. Some pakistani fans are deluded if they think Azam is better than KL Rahul/ Rohit Sharma / M Pandey.

    Azam is very good batsman and very good accumulator. However, Indian team need strong hitter.

    As far as Kohli behind 31 matches compared with Azam, fair point. But Kohli raised his game in last 3 or so years and now his average has jumped from 45 to 55. Now, do u really think Azam can match that peak?
    Im not even mentioning those 350+ chases which Kohli helped his team.

    Azam is good batsman but dont think he can replace anyone in Indian team currently.

    We have players like M Pandey, R Pant waiting in wing.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    575
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Ambati Rayudi averages 50 , has most likely played his last game for India . Inspite of statistically being good , I think Rohit sharma is crap . So its not all stats , some one like Babar whos too one dimensional will not fit in the Indian side .
    How is R Sharma crap?

    Seriously some Indian fans just have stereotype without any facts.

    After Kohli and perhaps Dhawan, R Sharma have been India's best batsman.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,639
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Forget Jadhav, what has KL Rahul done in ODIs or even List A to justify a spot over Azam?

    A 100 against ZIM? A meager average of 39 in List A cricket?

    All of this while he's 3 years ahead in development!

    His ODI innings against good opponents: 8, 5, 11, 4, 17
    You are assuming Babar would have averaged 50+ in indian domestic cos he did in Pak ?

    I think you know its a small sample to even bother about stats , the reason he will get chances in Indian team is cos of his allround game . Hes already established in Tests . Watch his 100 in a T20 game against WI , you will get an idea of why hes rated so highly .

    The reason why he gets picked and not Pandey is cos of what the mgmt sees in him potentially , no one cares about his stats at this point .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  33. #33
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,639
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    How is R Sharma crap?

    Seriously some Indian fans just have stereotype without any facts.

    After Kohli and perhaps Dhawan, R Sharma have been India's best batsman.
    Soft runs in short .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Unlike Azam, KL has hitting ability. Some pakistani fans are deluded if they think Azam is better than KL Rahul/ Rohit Sharma / M Pandey.

    Azam is very good batsman and very good accumulator. However, Indian team need strong hitter.

    As far as Kohli behind 31 matches compared with Azam, fair point. But Kohli raised his game in last 3 or so years and now his average has jumped from 45 to 55. Now, do u really think Azam can match that peak?
    Im not even mentioning those 350+ chases which Kohli helped his team.

    Azam is good batsman but dont think he can replace anyone in Indian team currently.

    We have players like M Pandey, R Pant waiting in wing.
    KL Rahul has an SR of 80 and 72 (List A).

    Babar Azam has an SR of 88 and 83 (List A) despite having a larger sample size!

    I don't see how KL Rahul has earned the right to an ODI spot. He's world-class in Tests but that shouldn't spill over to limited overs cricket. And yes, of course, Prime Kohli is a wonderful batsman (GOAT imo). But every prospect has to start somewhere and Azam's start is right in line to merit a spot in that IND middle order.

    As for the others...

    Pandey has done nothing after that 100 in AUS despite a home series against NZ.

    Pant is averaging 23 in List A cricket.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    You are assuming Babar would have averaged 50+ in indian domestic cos he did in Pak ?

    I think you know its a small sample to even bother about stats , the reason he will get chances in Indian team is cos of his allround game . Hes already established in Tests . Watch his 100 in a T20 game against WI , you will get an idea of why hes rated so highly .

    The reason why he gets picked and not Pandey is cos of what the mgmt sees in him potentially , no one cares about his stats at this point .
    IND domestic bowlers are better than PAK's?

    So instead of going with the guy who has a larger sample size, it's better to lean on potential based on a T20 innings? If so, I can definitely say Azam will become better than Kohli since he's ahead after 31 ODIs!

    Can't have it both ways.

    KL Rahul is a solid talent but it would be unjust to drop Azam for him.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,157
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Babar Azam is Pakistan's best talent. However would he hypothetically even make the Indian cricket team?
    He would easily make it as a no. 4 batsman ahead of Dhoni, Yuvraj, Raina, Rahane, Rahul etc.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    8,907
    Mentioned
    1924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    its not about the stats. its about what team needs. India already filled with top orders who has more gears than Babar. There's a guy Amol Muzumdar, despite having a stellar domestic stat he never represent team India coz his career coincidence with Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman etc.


    ﺳُﺒْﺤَﺎﻥَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭﺍﻟْﺤَﻤْﺪُﻟﻠّﻪِ ﻭَ ﻻ ﺍِﻟﻪَ ﺍِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﻭَ ﺍﻟﻠّﻪُ ﺍَﻛْﺒَﺮُ
    PCL 3 FC CHAMPIONS | Loose Cannons CC | #CannonsFire

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,157
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Similar comparisons were made when Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad were new.

    Umar Akmal v Virat Kohli: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-v-Virat-Kohli

    Ahmed Shehzad v Sachin Tendulkar: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ge-differences

    These average comparisons are meaningless and I can guarantee you that Babar will go down the same route as other "talented" Pakistani batsmen.
    None of our other "talented" batsman averaged 53 at a SR of 90 after 30 odd games.

    In fact, Babar is far ahead of the Fab 4. (Kohli, smith, root and williamson) after his first 20 games in terms of runs, average, SR and century count. Only Kohli had more 50's than him that too by only 1 more.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    17,656
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think some of you are reading too much into Babar stats here. He has 5 tons overall and 4 of them came against WI

    Babar averages in lower 40s against non-minnows if you exclude WI and has just 1 ton so far against any other opposition. Sure, he is new and played only 30 odd ODIs, but then his over all stats of avg 50 and all that needs to be looked with some context.

    I think he will get into Indian team, but many posters are reading too much into these stats. Stats are useful with a larger and varied sample size.
    Last edited by Buffet; 31st August 2017 at 02:34.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In ODIs each has a role. If you dont play yo dont make the cut. That is why Vijay, Pujara don't play. Rahane rarely plays.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    575
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    I think some of you are reading too much into Babar stats here. He has 5 tons overall and 4 of them came against WI

    Babar averages in lower 40s against non-minnows if you exclude WI and has just 1 ton so far against any other opposition. Sure, he is new and played only 30 odd ODIs, but then his over all stats of avg 50 and all that needs to be looked with some context.

    I think he will get into Indian team, but many posters are reading too much into these stats. Stats are useful with a larger and varied sample size.
    who do you think Babar would replace in Indian lineup considering there is no way he would bat at #3 for India. #Kohli

    In test matches, there is absolute no way he would make it to Indian side.
    In T20Is, he wouldnt even be considered by selectors.

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,626
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In odis probably,coz India wud try youngsters at diff slots,in tests not now,even Karun after hitting a 300 in a winning match is not in playing 11.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,327
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    KL Rahul has an SR of 80 and 72 (List A).

    Babar Azam has an SR of 88 and 83 (List A) despite having a larger sample size!

    I don't see how KL Rahul has earned the right to an ODI spot. He's world-class in Tests but that shouldn't spill over to limited overs cricket. And yes, of course, Prime Kohli is a wonderful batsman (GOAT imo). But every prospect has to start somewhere and Azam's start is right in line to merit a spot in that IND middle order.

    As for the others...

    Pandey has done nothing after that 100 in AUS despite a home series against NZ.

    Pant is averaging 23 in List A cricket.
    Rahul's list A strike rate is meaningless. He was just a test batsman initially. Just a year or two back he has transformed into an amazing LOI type batsman. He now has a power game unlike before and can score quickly. In fact attacking too much is causing him to throw his wicket away nowadays.
    Rahul earned his ODI spot because he has good technique plus he has shown he can play at high strike rates. So he was tried and results seemed good initially and so he is now backed even if bit inconsistent at the moment.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,327
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    None of our other "talented" batsman averaged 53 at a SR of 90 after 30 odd games.

    In fact, Babar is far ahead of the Fab 4. (Kohli, smith, root and williamson) after his first 20 games in terms of runs, average, SR and century count. Only Kohli had more 50's than him that too by only 1 more.
    Rayudu has an average of 50. He is nowhere to be seen in Indian team .

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,327
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo23 View Post
    not many batsmen in india A can average 50 at 90 in odis regardless of the opposition

    if that was the case they would have replaced the deadwood in the indian team already

    babar cannot get into the current indian team because he is a top order player but he is not better than India's current top order batsmen
    Many posters suggested Babar is better than Jadhav. Jadhav has an average of 50 consistently over years in first class at amazingly high strike rate. Currently he has not been handled appropriately for the purpose of team. He has been asked to bat at any freaking positions as required by team and he has delivered most times. He has his fair share of failure as well. But look if you are a top order batsman and you are asked to face 1 or 2 overs mostly and deliver there would be failure. Besides he has legendary bowling stats for now. He has a golden arm. Noway Babar can replace even Jadhav. Heck even M Pandey is sitting out.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    15,182
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Many posters suggested Babar is better than Jadhav. Jadhav has an average of 50 consistently over years in first class at amazingly high strike rate. Currently he has not been handled appropriately for the purpose of team. He has been asked to bat at any freaking positions as required by team and he has delivered most times. He has his fair share of failure as well. But look if you are a top order batsman and you are asked to face 1 or 2 overs mostly and deliver there would be failure. Besides he has legendary bowling stats for now. He has a golden arm. Noway Babar can replace even Jadhav. Heck even M Pandey is sitting out.
    Hard to take these numbers seriously when you have someone like Jadeja scoring multiple triple-tons in FC cricket.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Rahul's list A strike rate is meaningless. He was just a test batsman initially. Just a year or two back he has transformed into an amazing LOI type batsman. He now has a power game unlike before and can score quickly. In fact attacking too much is causing him to throw his wicket away nowadays.
    Rahul earned his ODI spot because he has good technique plus he has shown he can play at high strike rates. So he was tried and results seemed good initially and so he is now backed even if bit inconsistent at the moment.
    He's earned a spot on pure potential. Azam has actually performed in ODIs.

    That's all I'm saying.

    Rahul's ODI performances against good teams: 8, 5, 11, 4, 17

    This is someone who is supposed to take a spot over Azam? That seems absurd.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    I think some of you are reading too much into Babar stats here. He has 5 tons overall and 4 of them came against WI

    Babar averages in lower 40s against non-minnows if you exclude WI and has just 1 ton so far against any other opposition. Sure, he is new and played only 30 odd ODIs, but then his over all stats of avg 50 and all that needs to be looked with some context.

    I think he will get into Indian team, but many posters are reading too much into these stats. Stats are useful with a larger and varied sample size.
    Of course, but his quality is clear no matter how you slice it.

    Averaging 56.40 vs AUS is remarkable. Kohli for example averaged 20 in his first series against them.

    Rahul has shown nothing in ODIs and continues to rely on other formats (T20 and Tests). Would Indian fans truly vouch for Rahul over Azam (based on their current performances) if both played in the same team?

    I think that's self-sabotage.

    It's the same thing PAK has been guilty of by choosing players in the wrong formats based on "potential."


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,157
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Rayudu has an average of 50. He is nowhere to be seen in Indian team .
    That is because 19 of his 34 ODI innings has come against Bangladesh, Afghanistan or Zimbabwe including his highest score of 124*. His average is inflated way more than it should be.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    159
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment Babar is a good candidate for the No. 4 spot in the Indian ODI team. He would face strong competition from Rahul and Manish who are both high quality players and good fielders. He won't be a good fit for the No. 6 position even though he is a better batsman than Jadhav.

    Looks like India will back Rahul the way they backed Rohit in ODIs - he averaged 30 odd in his first 100 games. Jadhav may not be so lucky. He is surviving mainly on the basis of the two insane innings he played against England and his inscrutable wicket-taking innocuous non-turning off-breaks.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,642
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing people are missing is that he would be a better batsman as his development would have been better rubbing shoulders with Kohli Rohit Dhawan in ODIs rather than with Hafeez Malik and Azhar Ali lol.
    Sounds horrible saying that BUT we won the CT so when cares!!!
    Last edited by hadi123; 31st August 2017 at 13:25.


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,155
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    That is because 19 of his 34 ODI innings has come against Bangladesh, Afghanistan or Zimbabwe including his highest score of 124*. His average is inflated way more than it should be.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings
    Not like Babar has scored centuries against world beaters.


    Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    752
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babar would be given chances at #4 spot in the ODI team but his role would be different to what his role is currently.

    We do not have the data to make decent predictions on how that will go.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    6,157
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Not like Babar has scored centuries against world beaters.
    True but he has done well in Australia, NZ and in the UAE.

    He has yet to score big in England but that will come in time.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Babar Azam is Pakistan's best talent. However would he hypothetically even make the Indian cricket team?
    Why you people are so worry about indian team weather this player is capable of being selected in indian team. We like babar azam as a pakistani and he should be in pakistan team. Why you people create baseless threads only undermining our own talent and players.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,565
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Better than Dhoni, Yuvraj, Kedar and Dhawan so yes easily. Would walk into all teams. One of the best batters under 25 in the world right now.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    373
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    He wouldn't even make their U-19 team.
    why ?

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    Not like Babar has scored centuries against world beaters.
    62* vs ENG
    51 vs ENG
    84 vs AUS
    100 vs AUS
    62 vs NZ
    83 vs NZ

    He's shown he can score against the big boys too.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    752
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Better than Dhoni, Yuvraj, Kedar and Dhawan so yes easily. Would walk into all teams. One of the best batters under 25 in the world right now.
    He is not a better finisher than old Dhoni.

    Yuvraj is gone finally.

    He is not a better opener than Dhawan.

    Kedar is in the team as a hitter and part-time bowler. Maybe Babar can do the same?

  60. #60
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    2,317
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Babar Azam is Pakistan's best talent. However would he hypothetically even make the Indian cricket team?
    Ah, the set up. Not sure honestly. He's been hyped plenty, but is not the most exciting or talented player on recent evidence. His Test record so far is not that exciting. in ODIs among batsmen I'm more excited about Fakhar, among bowlers Hasan Ali.

    In ODIs possibly he could slot in after King K at no 4 Judging by the CT, not sure how hot is the India middle order these days. But safe to say they have other options..

    Curious, Bumrah is India's best talent, would he make the Pakistan team?

  61. #61
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    2,891
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never...nothing special.


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by New Yorker View Post
    Ah, the set up. Not sure honestly. He's been hyped plenty, but is not the most exciting or talented player on recent evidence. His Test record so far is not that exciting. in ODIs among batsmen I'm more excited about Fakhar, among bowlers Hasan Ali.

    In ODIs possibly he could slot in after King K at no 4 Judging by the CT, not sure how hot is the India middle order these days. But safe to say they have other options..

    Curious, Bumrah is India's best talent, would he make the Pakistan team?
    I disagree.

    Hardik Pandya is India's best talent and yes he would walk into PAK's ODI team. Ideal fit for what PAK needs right now at that all-rounder position.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    790
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With an average of above 50 and strike rate of almost 90, he can easily fit into any team on earth. Talking completely unbiased here.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    397
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tests- Nope
    ODIs- Obviously. If India could play Rahane for so long despite his continued failures in ODIs, I'm pretty sure someone like Babar would have been given a fair go.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Avgs aside Babar can not be selected in Indian side. He lacks impact

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    39,929
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectionPersonified View Post
    Avgs aside Babar can not be selected in Indian side. He lacks impact
    That team full of impact batsmen managed 158 all out in the final.



    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Aussieland
    Runs
    4,073
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    That team full of impact batsmen managed 158 all out in the final.

    Now that is true ��


    Yesterday is the past.Tomorrow is the future.Today is a gift.That's why it's called the "present"

  68. #68
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,565
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PerfectionPersonified View Post
    Avgs aside Babar can not be selected in Indian side. He lacks impact


    Apart from De Kock there is no better batter in world cricket in Babars age range.

    Final chokers shows Indian batting is not up to standard, too many ttfs.
    Last edited by hadi123; 31st August 2017 at 13:27.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    987
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahane is a world class batsman. We don't want him either. Because Indian batting depends on putting up big totals. So ability to accelerate is vital. Remember Jonathan Trott. Consistent. But useless.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    12,639
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    IND domestic bowlers are better than PAK's?

    So instead of going with the guy who has a larger sample size, it's better to lean on potential based on a T20 innings? If so, I can definitely say Azam will become better than Kohli since he's ahead after 31 ODIs!

    Can't have it both ways.

    KL Rahul is a solid talent but it would be unjust to drop Azam for him.
    What am trying to explain here is , we do not pick players based on stats . KL gets picked and most likely will be given good long even if he fails cos a lot of experts in India , including the captain and mgmt believe hes the next big thing . Hes picked ahead of likes of Pant , Pandey , Iyer , Samson etc who may have better stats than KL in domestic , so similarly he will be picked ahead of Babar too who would have to fight for even consideration with a long list of players, especially top order batsmen.

    Yes its better to lean on potential , not based on one innings but watching him bat with where hes shown that he can bat on tough pitches and grind it out and also shown that he can score at a 200 SR and thats a rare quality .


    " you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,301
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easily. Indian batting line up bar Kohli and Dhoni is over hyped. Against quality fast bowlers in decent conditions they struggle (CT 2015 final, Asia cup against Amir, CT 2017 final to name a few). Babar is someone who can win them big matches. He is young but already quite capable against quality fast bowling.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,536
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I would take Babar in the ODI team and play him in the middle-order. Though you get the feeling that he can't accelerate if/when needed.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    17,656
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    who do you think Babar would replace in Indian lineup considering there is no way he would bat at #3 for India. #Kohli

    In test matches, there is absolute no way he would make it to Indian side.
    In T20Is, he wouldnt even be considered by selectors.
    He is not going to make into Test or T20. He has not shown anything to for that, but he can play at number 4 in ODI.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  74. #74
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    4,257
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    Easily. Indian batting line up bar Kohli and Dhoni is over hyped. Against quality fast bowlers in decent conditions they struggle (CT 2015 final, Asia cup against Amir, CT 2017 final to name a few). Babar is someone who can win them big matches. He is young but already quite capable against quality fast bowling.
    Babar can stay with Pakistan.

    I would never pick Babar over the likes of Rahul and Pandey. To me, these 2 are more talented, have better range of shots and much better at rotating the strike than Babar.

    Rahul failed badly in this series. But make no mistake, the guy is super talented and has already shown it in the few chances he got.

    Our lower order already lacks firepower. Now with the middle order of Babar and Dhoni will be a huge minus. Both cannot accelerate when needed. Dhoni needs a ton of balls before he starts hitting big. Babar cannot hit big no matter what the situation. He is at best a 100S/R batsman.

    India can use a guy like Maxwell or Stokes in the middle order or lower middle.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    KL Rahul has an SR of 80 and 72 (List A).

    Babar Azam has an SR of 88 and 83 (List A) despite having a larger sample size!

    I don't see how KL Rahul has earned the right to an ODI spot. He's world-class in Tests but that shouldn't spill over to limited overs cricket. And yes, of course, Prime Kohli is a wonderful batsman (GOAT imo). But every prospect has to start somewhere and Azam's start is right in line to merit a spot in that IND middle order.

    As for the others...

    Pandey has done nothing after that 100 in AUS despite a home series against NZ.

    Pant is averaging 23 in List A cricket.
    That's why stats are useless unless it's a big sample. K L Rahul has had 2 extreme half in his career so far. Initially he was a timid batsman scoring singles and doubles and not a big hitter. He was considered a test prospect only. However after the IPL 2 years back he transformed himself to an extent that the older Rahul with low strike rate is unrecognizable.

    He scored a 50 b all 100 agaisnt WI in a t20 so the hitting potential is there. Also he can score the big runs as seen in test cricket.(ranked 10).

    Combine both and that's why he is considered a special prospect, although he has been tentative in his ODI career so far.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Might?

    You're playing an inferior batsman in 32-year-old Kedar Jadhav at 5.

    Azam would easily replace him.
    People, especially pakistanis, need to do some research before talking about kedar. He is not a quota player. He is a batsman who averages 47 w ith 120+ strike rate.

    He didn't make it to the team because of lobbying, in fact he has worked harder than many in domestic cricket without getting proper rewards for ages.

    The guy averages 47 in FC with sr of 69.
    Coming to List A he averages 49 with 108 strike rate.
    and a strike rate of 137 in t20.


    He is also the captain of Maharashtra team in ranji trophy and has performed admirably for India A team in away tours to Australia. he scored a 100 for India against zimbabwe and had to wait for one full year to get another match.
    Last edited by OpeningBatsman; 31st August 2017 at 13:24.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jul 2017
    Runs
    23
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Na hi pak ka koi batsman indian lineup men jagah bana pata.. aur na hi india ka koi bowler kabhi pak team men jagah bana pata...ye bumrah parveen ishant rp singh bhuvneshver pandya ... ye sab bench pe bhi na baithtay..
    Last edited by UN talkz; 31st August 2017 at 14:43.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    13,306
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has Indian players anxious, looking forward to seeing him play. I think he would make their team at number 4


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  79. #79
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    4,257
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mueez14 View Post
    Na hi pak ka koi batsman indian lineup men jagah bana pata.. aur na hi india ka koi bowler kabhi pak team men jagah bana pata...ye bumrah parveen ishant rp singh bhuvneshver pandya ... ye sab bench pe bhi na baithtay...hahahaha
    Think Shami/Yadav/Bumrah or even BK, one of them would definitely find a spot.

    Also Ashwin/Jaddu would easily come in over Imad Wasim.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    13,306
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OpeningBatsman View Post
    People, especially pakistanis, need to do some research before talking about kedar. He is not a quota player. He is a batsman who averages 47 w ith 120+ strike rate.

    He didn't make it to the team because of lobbying, in fact he has worked harder than many in domestic cricket without getting proper rewards for ages.

    The guy averages 47 in FC with sr of 69.
    Coming to List A he averages 49 with 108 strike rate.
    and a strike rate of 137 in t20.


    He is also the captain of Maharashtra team in ranji trophy and has performed admirably for India A team in away tours to Australia. he scored a 100 for India against zimbabwe and had to wait for one full year to get another match.
    People have heard this many times. But what they see is the silly shot he got out to against Shadab and the non-existent bowling which is pie chucking waiting to be dispatched into the car park


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •