Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Natwest T20 Blast 2017, Finals Day (Final: Notts [190/4] defeat Warks [168/8] by 22 runs)

The big day is upon us!

Birmingham v Glamorgan has just started.

Pollock starting where he left off with some very explosive batting.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks such a good pitch.

Pollock races to 50 off 23.

Sibley also starting to let loose.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    69-2 after 7.

Excellent powerplay for Birmingham.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I've always been high on Ed Pollock one hell of a talent, England need to immediately blood him into the T20 team. I actually wouldn't mind selecting him as a wildcard for the tour of AUS, the best player of the hook and pull in England by far.

The Bears momentum is hurt by the fall of these 2 wickets, will need a big effort from the kiwi duo to aim for a total of 200 because the conditions and wicket are great!

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I think @TalhaSyed is at the ground, lucky guy Such a beautiful day, it's boiling !

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Junaids @Robert Ed Pollock for Australia !

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @James Where are Yorkshire on this beautiful day ?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Great to have Woakes back in the team for finals day, thank you @ the ECB

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    I've always been high on Ed Pollock one hell of a talent, England need to immediately blood him into the T20 team. I actually wouldn't mind selecting him as a wildcard for the tour of AUS, the best player of the hook and pull in England by far.

The Bears momentum is hurt by the fall of these 2 wickets, will need a big effort from the kiwi duo to aim for a total of 200 because the conditions and wicket are great!
    He looks a real talent- looks particularly strong anywhere between square leg and long on. I think he needs to develop his off side game a little but he definitely has potential. Would be good if he was picked as a wildcard for the AUS tour, but England tend to be a little conservative in their selections.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think @TalhaSyed is at the ground, lucky guy Such a beautiful day, it's boiling !
    Lucky indeed. I did consider going but decided against it for no reason other than laziness!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pollock also did well in the QF so he doesn't mind the big occasion.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mak36 View Post
    He looks a real talent- looks particularly strong anywhere between square leg and long on. I think he needs to develop his off side game a little but he definitely has potential. Would be good if he was picked as a wildcard for the AUS tour, but England tend to be a little conservative in their selections.
    I think they"ll bring him into the T20's team, I recall people being sceptical about Jason Roy but then he played a couple of blinders on finals day in the same tournament which enabled him getting a foot in the door. This knock would have done him the world of good, I hope he gets another shot in the final against Hampshire or the Notts; their bowling attacks are stronger and he'd have the opportunity to further his selection prospects but he has had a very good tournament.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    93-4 now- Birmingham have lost a flurry of quick wickets.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Man these wickets have seriously derailed The Bears momentum, big ask from the kiwis to get a strong finish from here; they will need to rebuild again, another wicket here and we will have to settle for 160-180 given the lack of fire power and that's not an imposing today

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they"ll bring him into the T20's team, I recall people being sceptical about Jason Roy but then he played a couple of blinders on finals day in the same tournament which enabled him getting a foot in the door. This knock would have done him the world of good, I hope he gets another shot in the final against Hampshire or the Notts; their bowling attacks are stronger and he'd have the opportunity to further his selection prospects but he has had a very good tournament.
    True- I think they will want to see how strong his off side game is first. If BB get through to the final hopefully he makes the most of the opportunity.

From memory it's a tri series with NZ, so if he does get called up it would be a great opportunity.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man these wickets have seriously derailed The Bears momentum, big ask from the kiwis to get a strong finish from here; they will need to rebuild again, another wicket here and we will have to settle for 160-180 given the lack of fire power and that's not an imposing today
    Nick Knight just said he thinks 180 would be a competitive score. I suppose runs on the board count big in a knock-out game.

That said, it does look like a real belter so 200 is not out of the question in my view.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wagg getting some treatment- sure that will make you happy Shaz.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Nick Knight just said he thinks 180 would be a competitive score. I suppose runs on the board count big in a knock-out game.

That said, it does look like a real belter so 200 is not out of the question in my view.
    It could be, plus Galmorgan don't have the strongest line ups outside Miller and Ingram who will be key for them.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    What a shot! that deserved a boundary beautiful, held the pose and all

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    lmao @mak36 Freddie is gold on commentary especially in the previous QF between the bears and surrey

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be, plus Galmorgan don't have the strongest line ups outside Miller and Ingram who will be key for them.
    Yes, they are probably the weakest of the four teams.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lmao @mak36 Freddie is gold on commentary especially in the previous QF between the bears and surrey
    He is absolute comedy. Yes, he was being a real wind-up merchant in the previous QF- doesn't take himself too seriously so he gets away with it.

Who knows, a future Bumble in the making?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    However illogical it may have been, September’s one-day county cup final at Lord’s used to be the springboard. Any player performing well had an added chance of making the England Test squad that would be chosen in the next 48 hours.

Now Hampshire’s 20 year-old leg-spinner Mason Crane hopes a good spell or two on T20 Finals Day will catapult him into the England XI at Lord’s for the third Test against West Indies on Thursday – he is already in the squad of 13 – and then on to the plane for the Ashes in Australia.

“Obviously I was here [Edgbaston] for the first Test of the series a couple of weeks ago, so I’ve spent a bit of time here recently, and hopefully it’s another good occasion like that was,” Crane said. “Obviously I’ve had a bit of big-game experience this year as well, and I think that will stand me in good stead.”

In acclimatising with England, Crane has got to know Saqlain Mushtaq, England’s spin-bowling coach. “I’ve learned a lot from Saqqy, built a good relationship over the last few weeks, and I’m looking forward to having another week with him at Lord’s,” Crane said.

Five factors are conspiring to work in Crane’s favour. The first is that the England management like his fizz. He was picked for two T20 internationals against South Africa, bowling tidily in the first on his home ground of the Ageas Bowl, while in the deciding third match of the series, at Cardiff, his head did not drop when he was mauled by AB de Villiers – and it was Crane’s googly that dismissed the world-class batsman.

This good impression was enhanced on Tuesday afternoon at Headingley. England have had Crane in their squad for the last two Tests, replacing Liam Dawson, and have gradually got him used to the Test match atmosphere – to the point where he was sent on as 12th man during the West Indian run chase, which became ever more threatening under the guidance of Shai Hope.

At first sight he was a young man out of his depth. He should have backed up a throw from Ben Stokes, and he soon hurried from the field. Then he came back, briefly, and took what was probably the best catch by an England sub since the legendary one by a Nottinghamshire ground-staff lad called Sydney Copley in an Ashes Test in 1930. Crane ran and then leapt to his left to catch a hit from Roston Chase at full stretch.

The third factor in Crane’s favour is the pitch for Finals Day. It looks like a holiday-maker returning to Birmingham airport after a month in Spain: very brown but rather tired. And with all three of Saturday’s games to be played on it, the county who “take pace off” and bowl spin will be rewarded.

Fourthly, Hampshire are so well-blessed with spinners that Crane should not feel the weight of responsibility too heavily. They have two steady bankers in Dawson and Shahid Afridi, with his brisk top-spinners – not to mention his role as opening batsman, in which he hammered a hundred in the quarter-final against Derbyshire. Crane can come on and take wickets when the old pros have tied down Birmingham Bears, and the other finalists if Hampshire make it through the first semi-final.

“It’s been great to pick his brains because he’s obviously played a lot of cricket,” Crane said about Afridi. “He’s a very experienced player, and he’s still got it like he showed in the quarter-final.”

Finally, Crane has the Unique Selling Point of having already played a first-class match in Australia, for New South Wales at Adelaide. Leg-spin is the department of the game in which England, traditionally, have been least equipped – real, ripped leg-spin, which bites on hard true pitches, not rolled leg-breaks like Eric Hollies used to bowl at Edgbaston, for Warwickshire and England, before the main stand was named after him.

“It was a bit of a whirlwind – going out there to play grade cricket and ending up in the New South Wales team, which was just an amazing thing, I never thought it was even an option really,” Crane said. “I went out there on the back of an average season, I’d heard grade cricket was tough, which it was, and I was just looking to do well in that really. Confidence grew as I worked hard with Stuart MacGill, and obviously towards the end I found a bit of form and ended up in the state side, and that was just the best experience ever.”

Crane’s white-ball bowling appears more advanced than his red-ball: his 70 first-class wickets have cost almost 42 runs each; and while he took five South Australian wickets for NSW, at the impressive average of 23, he did not bowl one maiden in 28 overs, so England could not expect him to keep it tight. But limited-overs and Test cricket have been confused before.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/2...and-test-spot/

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glamorgan need 176 to win

How you feeling? @shaz619

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Glamorgan need 176 to win

How you feeling? @shaz619
    I think this could go write down the wire, going to be close

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a catch! Hain diving to take the catch, it pops out and he catches it with his left hand whilst falling forward.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another excellent catch, this time from Elliot. Key wicket of Ingram!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Stone is seriously quick but he needs to mix it up more

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Grant Elliott - one of the best catches you will ever see <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cricket?src=hash">#Cricket</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/t20finalsday?src=hash">#t20finalsday</a> <a href="https://t.co/oKOGUzLCOF">pic.twitter.com/oKOGUzLCOF</a></p>&mdash; Saj Sadiq (@Saj_PakPassion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saj_PakPassion/status/903948329922555904">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stone is seriously quick but he needs to mix it up more
    It's an odd one, because he doesn't "look" rapid and yet he is comfortably hitting 88/90 mph. Getting some great bounce- the delivery to Carlson was quite something.
    Last edited by mak36; 2nd September 2017 at 12:02.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Birmingham atm.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dangerous partnership developing here.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Dangerous partnership developing here.
    Told you it would be close 59 off 33 is still very gettable ! just as a I type this Rudolph goes !

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was great game awareness from the bowler to effect that run out. Well done Thomason.

BB today have shown how much of a difference excellent fielding can make.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wagg gone. BB very much back in the driving seat.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another good catch from Hain.

BB's fielding has been spot on today (commentator's curse?)

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Was biting me nails at the end there, ran us close but got over the line with excellent fielding and contributions from pollock and stone, they will start as the underdogs in the final but hopefully they are peaking at the right time to lift the trophy again

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Notts/Hants should be a great game as well, very strong teams

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Elliot has been one hell of a leader for us @Aman excellent signing

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Hants win the toss and Vince decides to have a bowl first, Afridi could open; but I think Vince will throw a curve ball at the opposition and maybe have him come a little later because the Notts would have their plans ready expecting him at no.1
    Last edited by shaz619; 2nd September 2017 at 13:05.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Alfie the gorilla wins the damn race again bloody spotlight hogger

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was biting me nails at the end there, ran us close but got over the line with excellent fielding and contributions from pollock and stone, they will start as the underdogs in the final but hopefully they are peaking at the right time to lift the trophy again
    Never in doubt Shaz.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Never in doubt Shaz.
    Are you a fellow bear ? which county do you support

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Alfie the gorilla wins the damn race again bloody spotlight hogger
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Please be upstanding for <a href="https://twitter.com/Gloscricket">@Gloscricket</a>&#39;s Alfred G Rilla ��<br><br>He makes it back-to-back Mascot Race wins �� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FinalsDay?src=hash">#FinalsDay</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Blast17?src=hash">#Blast17</a> <a href="https://t.co/vNKlLd8Z76">pic.twitter.com/vNKlLd8Z76</a></p>&mdash; NatWest T20 Blast (@NatWestT20Blast) <a href="https://twitter.com/NatWestT20Blast/status/903969806864584704">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Please be upstanding for <a href="https://twitter.com/Gloscricket">@Gloscricket</a>'s Alfred G Rilla ��<br><br>He makes it back-to-back Mascot Race wins �� <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FinalsDay?src=hash">#FinalsDay</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Blast17?src=hash">#Blast17</a> <a href="https://t.co/vNKlLd8Z76">pic.twitter.com/vNKlLd8Z76</a></p>— NatWest T20 Blast (@NatWestT20Blast) <a href="https://twitter.com/NatWestT20Blast/status/903969806864584704">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
    Nice one MIG the saving grace is that Yorkshire did not win

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Boom Boom holds onto a catch as HALES is GONE ! BIG BIG WICKET for the HANTS !

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Hales was trying to make some room to cut the ball through backward point but Wood did well to strangle him, excellent bowling

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Time to chill before the finals. <a href="https://twitter.com/kcollopde">@kcollopde</a> watching his highlights.Take a bow!@edgbaston <a href="https://twitter.com/BearsT20">@BearsT20</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Natwestt20?src=hash">#Natwestt20</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FinalsDay?src=hash">#FinalsDay</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Youbears?src=hash">#Youbears</a> <a href="https://t.co/LjxAWq3io9">pic.twitter.com/LjxAWq3io9</a></p>&mdash; Grant Elliott (@grantelliottnz) <a href="https://twitter.com/grantelliottnz/status/903975356549484545">2 September 2017</a></blockquote>

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    So Hampshire have 170 to get ! earlier in the day 176 was enough for the bears, it may not be a commanding total but could be enough. However against the Notts, you'd have taken chasing 170 at the start of the innings. Could be another close game, Hampshire will look to get off to a flyer.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    lol typical afridi

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">1️⃣ ball = 1️⃣ wicket <br><br>Afridi goes &amp; life is good for <a href="https://twitter.com/TrentBridge">@TrentBridge</a>. Follow: <a href="https://t.co/nG9EndUNze">https://t.co/nG9EndUNze</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FinalsDay?src=hash">#FinalsDay</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Blast17?src=hash">#Blast17</a> <a href="https://t.co/6mzmQNP6kP">pic.twitter.com/6mzmQNP6kP</a></p>&mdash; NatWest T20 Blast (@NatWestT20Blast) <a href="https://twitter.com/NatWestT20Blast/status/903995411228008448">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Typical boom boom last game 100, next game 0 ! that was a damn pie ! the blue moon has come to an end, I just hope Hampshire do not reach the final now because Boom Boom might have saved his blue moon quota of the day for the bears Freddie's commentary when he got out was hilarious lmao fatty has his man

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Warks vs Notts in the final...

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you a fellow bear ? which county do you support
    Pure slander.

I'm not a Bear but I keep an eye on how they are doing and I have wanted them to win since the knock-out stages started. My comment was more directed to the fact that it was a pretty comfortable win in the end so you had no need to worry. :p

As for my county, i'll keep you guessing for now...

ps. I see you used Moeen's smiley, yet the Beard still plays for Worcestershire

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical boom boom last game 100, next game 0 ! that was a damn pie ! the blue moon has come to an end, I just hope Hampshire do not reach the final now because Boom Boom might have saved his blue moon quota of the day for the bears Freddie's commentary when he got out was hilarious lmao fatty has his man
    Combined: 101 off 43 from both innings

In all seriousness, was bitterly disappointed for him not to score. Was hoping that Hants vs Bears would be the final just for Afridi.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Pure slander.

I'm not a Bear but I keep an eye on how they are doing and I have wanted them to win since the knock-out stages started. My comment was more directed to the fact that it was a pretty comfortable win in the end so you had no need to worry. :p

As for my county, i'll keep you guessing for now...

ps. I see you used Moeen's smiley, yet the Beard still plays for Worcestershire
    We in brum are willing to make an exception for the treachery that was jumping ship to that teeny weeny club given that he's our prodigal son, but fear not the messiah will return one day

Hmmm my guess is it's a county which did not qualify for finals day, am going to get to the bottom of this

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Combined: 101 off 43 from both innings

In all seriousness, was bitterly disappointed for him not to score. Was hoping that Hants vs Bears would be the final just for Afridi.
    It would have been nice to see boom boom in the final from a neutrals POV

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The Bears on a role here ! Nots 30-3 Woakes on

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woakes on fire!!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @ Fred and Tresco

I miss Tresco is in my top 2 favourite England batsman ever

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Keep it on off Patel when you are turning it a bit !

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Patel is obese but to be fair to him he is so consistent and quality in the limited forms with bat / ball, a shame about his England fortunes
    Last edited by idrizzy; 2nd September 2017 at 18:36.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I know we're in a decent position right now but I would still have batted first, in a final; win the toss, bat first !

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Need to break this partnership, samit and taylor looking dangerous
    Last edited by idrizzy; 2nd September 2017 at 18:36.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patel showing why Notts have such a strong batting line up. Chances are someone will fire.

To be honest Hants should be disappointed losing their semi having done so well to restrict Notts.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Samit been playing today as if his life depended on it

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dangerous times for Bears...

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Dangerous times for Bears...
    170-175 is a match winning total

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Samit Patel using the power of all those pasties he had from Greggs for lunch to whack these balls to the boundary.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Colin de Grandhomme immediately takes a wicket. Taylor must have Pakistani genes.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Colin de Grandhomme immediately takes a wicket. Taylor must have Pakistani genes.
    He's still a decent T20 option we've underbowled the lad, too late now

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan Christian is one of the hardest hitters in the game.
    He absolutely thumps it like a bullet.

A few years ago he hit one of the biggest 6s ever in the Big bash - the ball went over the roof of the Brisbane cricket stadium which is 3 tiers big.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @shaz619 it's that man again....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What does Samit Patel prefer?? Putting a performance in on TV or a multi pack of Walker&#39;s Crisps?? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/askSamit?src=hash">#askSamit</a></p>&mdash; Ben Stokes (@benstokes38) <a href="https://twitter.com/benstokes38/status/904063958855720960">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What does Samit Patel prefer?? Putting a performance in on TV or a multi pack of Walker's Crisps?? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/askSamit?src=hash">#askSamit</a></p>— Ben Stokes (@benstokes38) <a href="https://twitter.com/benstokes38/status/904063958855720960">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
    Stokes is bantah.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Stokes is bantah.
    Some people are getting triggered.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some people have a sweet tooth we&#39;re as Samit has a crisp tooth by the way...you all need to chill ✌️</p>&mdash; Ben Stokes (@benstokes38) <a href="https://twitter.com/benstokes38/status/904066589066186753">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What does Samit Patel prefer?? Putting a performance in on TV or a multi pack of Walker's Crisps?? <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/askSamit?src=hash">#askSamit</a></p>— Ben Stokes (@benstokes38) <a href="https://twitter.com/benstokes38/status/904063958855720960">September 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
    Stokes is bantah.
    Savage

Seriously though, maybe give this bloke a go at no.5 ?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Am just tuning in once again, my internet stopped working when Pollock got out

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @HitWicket come here lad, we can cry together on this day

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am just tuning in once again, my internet stopped working when Pollock got out
    There was me thinking you've legged it after seeing you were 20-2 after 3