Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 77 of 77
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers | Discussion Thread

    Davy Propper scored twice as the Netherlands kept their hopes of qualifying for next summer's World Cup finals alive with a win over Bulgaria.

    The Brighton midfielder opened the scoring with a neat finish before Arjen Robben made it 2-0 from close range.

    Georgi Kostadinov glanced in a free-kick to give Bulgaria hope but Propper's header sealed the Dutch win.

    The Netherlands are now third in Group A, three points behind leaders Sweden and second-placed France.

    Sweden brushed aside Belarus on Sunday with Emil Forsberg, Christoffer Nyman, Marcus Berg and Andreas Granqvist (from the penalty spot) scoring the goals in a comprehensive 4-0 away win.

    France, who beat the Netherlands 4-0 on Thursday, will regain their three-point lead at the top of the group if they beat bottom-placed Luxembourg in Paris on Sunday evening.

    In Group I, Domagoj Vida headed a 74th-minute winner for Croatia against Kosovo in a game that was abandoned on Saturday because of a water-logged pitch and continued on Sunday from the 22nd minute.

    Gilli Rolantsson Sorensen scored the only goal as the Faroe Islands beat Andorra in Group B, while Mattias Kait scored an injury-time winner to give Estonia victory over Cyprus in Group H.

    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41142627


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,126
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    And the greatest team of all time are losing, England 0 Slovakia 1.



  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England are really poor here tonight. Slovakia are well organised and could score more yet!

    Just as I type, England equalise from a corner. Good finish by Dier.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    36,031
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    England are playing dismally here, scraping a draw at the moment.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Walker who cant defend well takes out a Slovakian striker clear to score but the ref doesnt even give a free kick. A sending off there for England would have sealed their fate to defeat I feel.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic strike from Rashford! An assist and a goal to atone for his initial error.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,126
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Germany 5 Norway 0 at the moment.

    Norwegian football has really gone downhill in recent times.



  8. #8
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  screencapture-goal-en-live-scores-1503785756345.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  153.6 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  9. #9
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,505
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow a few Asian teams will confirm their spot for the WC.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon Scotland!!!!

  11. #11
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    207
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at the England game at hampden and when Leigh Griffiths second free kick went in....wow....honestly don't think it's possible to experience a better celebration than that at a football ground. Once in a lifetime. It was actually quite emotional and people were crying.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ensive-gesture

    Dele Alli has risked disciplinary action from Fifa after cameras caught him making a one-finger salute, sparking suggestions it had been directed at the referee, Clément Turpin, late in England’s 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Slovakia.

    The Tottenham midfielder was visibly frustrated after the official waved away his appeals for a free-kick following a foul by Martin Skrtel on the edge of the Slovakia box 13 minutes from time. Turpin had his back turned at the time and subsequently penalised Jordan Henderson for a foul on the other side of the pitch, failing to notice Alli’s gesture, though world football’s governing body may still choose to scrutinise the incident.

    Gareth Southgate, unaware of Alli’s reaction during the game, spoke to the player after the final whistle with the midfielder suggesting he had actually been aiming the gesture at his former Tottenham team-mate Kyle Walker.

    “I’ve not seen it but I’ve been made aware of it,” the England manager said. “Kyle and Dele were mucking about, and Dele’s made a gesture towards Kyle. I don’t know what the angle picked up by the camera is, so I don’t know if that is clear. The pair of them have a strange way of communicating but that’s what they’ve said when it’s been raised.”

    Alli later posted on Twitter insisting that had indeed been the reason for the salute. “Just to clarify, the gesture tonight was a joke between me and my good friend Kyle Walker! Apologies for any offence caused! Great win 2nite,” he wrote.

    Fifa would determine any sanction applicable and have applied bans in the past for abuse of officials by players. The highest profile was arguably Lionel Messi, who was initially banned for four matches and fined 10,000 Swiss francs (£8,100) for supposedly “having directed insulting words” at an assistant referee during Argentina’s World Cup qualifying game against Chile in March, an offence which had not accrued a card at the time. However, having sat out the first match against Bolivia, he had the suspension overturned on appeal due to a lack of evidence.

    England have two qualifying fixtures remaining – against Slovenia and Lithuania – and need only two points to qualify for the tournament in Russia following Monday’s success, a win inspired by the excellent Marcus Rashford. The 19-year-old forward recovered from an early mistake, upon which Slovakia capitalised to open the scoring, to provide an assist for Eric Dier’s equaliser and then belt home a fine winner to register his first goal at Wembley for his country on his 11th cap.

    “Having worked with him, he’s such a mature character,” Southgate said. “The start [he made] surprised me. But the switch of wings was important as well. It allowed him a slightly different defensive role, and he adapted very well to that. His maturity is excellent. You look at him and he’s never in awe of the occasion. He doesn’t have any fear of anything.. I don’t think the team did, either, and responded well. He’s still a work in progress as we saw at the beginning of the game but he’s getting stronger. His impact, in taking people on and getting us up the pitch in the counter-attack, was huge. He had a huge impact on the game.”


    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ensive-gesture


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  13. #13
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    8,582
    Mentioned
    2022 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gkb101277867 View Post
    I was at the England game at hampden and when Leigh Griffiths second free kick went in....wow....honestly don't think it's possible to experience a better celebration than that at a football ground. Once in a lifetime. It was actually quite emotional and people were crying.
    And then in typical Scottish fashion they bottled it and drew in the last minute!


    See You Space Cowboy....

  14. #14
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  screencapture-goal-en-live-scores-1503785756345.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  111.1 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  screencapture-goal-en-live-scores-1503785756345.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  151.6 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  screencapture-goal-en-live-scores-1503785756345.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  37.1 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,351
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Looks like both Chile & Argentina can't qualify directly. One of them might miss it all together.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    South Korea, Saudia Arabia qualify for World Cup; Syria earn Australia playoff

    http://www.espnfc.com/world-cup-qual...lia-in-playoff


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ensive-gesture

    Dele Alli has risked disciplinary action from Fifa after cameras caught him making a one-finger salute, sparking suggestions it had been directed at the referee, Clément Turpin, late in England’s 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Slovakia.

    The Tottenham midfielder was visibly frustrated after the official waved away his appeals for a free-kick following a foul by Martin Skrtel on the edge of the Slovakia box 13 minutes from time. Turpin had his back turned at the time and subsequently penalised Jordan Henderson for a foul on the other side of the pitch, failing to notice Alli’s gesture, though world football’s governing body may still choose to scrutinise the incident.

    Gareth Southgate, unaware of Alli’s reaction during the game, spoke to the player after the final whistle with the midfielder suggesting he had actually been aiming the gesture at his former Tottenham team-mate Kyle Walker.

    “I’ve not seen it but I’ve been made aware of it,” the England manager said. “Kyle and Dele were mucking about, and Dele’s made a gesture towards Kyle. I don’t know what the angle picked up by the camera is, so I don’t know if that is clear. The pair of them have a strange way of communicating but that’s what they’ve said when it’s been raised.”

    Alli later posted on Twitter insisting that had indeed been the reason for the salute. “Just to clarify, the gesture tonight was a joke between me and my good friend Kyle Walker! Apologies for any offence caused! Great win 2nite,” he wrote.

    Fifa would determine any sanction applicable and have applied bans in the past for abuse of officials by players. The highest profile was arguably Lionel Messi, who was initially banned for four matches and fined 10,000 Swiss francs (£8,100) for supposedly “having directed insulting words” at an assistant referee during Argentina’s World Cup qualifying game against Chile in March, an offence which had not accrued a card at the time. However, having sat out the first match against Bolivia, he had the suspension overturned on appeal due to a lack of evidence.

    England have two qualifying fixtures remaining – against Slovenia and Lithuania – and need only two points to qualify for the tournament in Russia following Monday’s success, a win inspired by the excellent Marcus Rashford. The 19-year-old forward recovered from an early mistake, upon which Slovakia capitalised to open the scoring, to provide an assist for Eric Dier’s equaliser and then belt home a fine winner to register his first goal at Wembley for his country on his 11th cap.

    “Having worked with him, he’s such a mature character,” Southgate said. “The start [he made] surprised me. But the switch of wings was important as well. It allowed him a slightly different defensive role, and he adapted very well to that. His maturity is excellent. You look at him and he’s never in awe of the occasion. He doesn’t have any fear of anything.. I don’t think the team did, either, and responded well. He’s still a work in progress as we saw at the beginning of the game but he’s getting stronger. His impact, in taking people on and getting us up the pitch in the counter-attack, was huge. He had a huge impact on the game.”


    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ensive-gesture



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  005 - Live Football Scores, Fixtures & Results I Goal.com - http___www.goal.com_en_live-scores.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  62.3 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  27. #27
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,204
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Haan bhai Pakistan ka koi chance bun raha hai ke nahi?


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Haan bhai Pakistan ka koi chance bun raha hai ke nahi?
    Hamari ranking 200th hai...


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    26,204
    Mentioned
    1037 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Hamari ranking 200th hai...
    Ranking ko humne kabhi ghaans dali hai pehlay


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Ranking ko humne kabhi ghaans dali hai pehlay
    Bhai, FIFA World Cup pohanchna CT final jeetne se bohut zyada mushkil hai hamaray liay.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    With one round of games remaining in South America’s qualifying tournament, Argentina are outside the qualification places.

    The prospect of a World Cup without Lionel Messi edged nearer to reality on Thursday as Argentina struggled to a 0-0 draw with Peru which left their qualification hopes hanging in the balance.

    Despite dominating possession in front of a raucous home support at Buenos Aires’ fabled La Bombonera stadium, Messi and Argentina once again drew a blank to the dismay of their fans.


    World Cup qualifying roundup: Poland on verge as Lewandowski sets record
    Read more
    The result left Argentina in sixth place in South America’s marathon qualification campaign for the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia.

    The first four teams in the standings qualify automatically, with the fifth-placed side going into a playoff against New Zealand in November.

    Argentina’s draw sets up a nail-biting finale next week, with only two points separating third-placed Chile and seventh-placed Paraguay. All could yet clinch an automatic qualification spot depending on results elsewhere.

    The margin for error for Argentina however has narrowed dramatically after their latest stalemate, their third consecutive draw of a faltering qualification campaign.

    Argentina’s final qualifier is a challenging away trip to Ecuador in the thin air of Quito. Argentina have a poor record in the Ecuadoran capital, losing two out of three of their last World Cup qualifiers there and drawing the other. The Argentines last World Cup qualifying win in Quito came in 2001.

    Late goals lift Paraguay to stunning win
    Colombia were on top throughout and Radamel Falcao’s 78th minute goal appeared to have cemented their place in Russia.

    However, two late errors by Colombian keeper David Ospina, combined with a number of missed chances by the home side, allowed Paraguay to keep their own hopes alive with a 2-1 win in Barranquilla. Ospina spilled the ball from a hopeful punt with two minutes remaining, allowing Oscar Cardozo to latch on to the loose ball and fire home.

    A minute into injury time the keeper failed to hold a low drive and Antonio Sanabria slotted home to give the visitors three points. Reuters

    Chile keep World Cup hopes alive
    Advertisement

    Chile survived a late scare to beat Ecuador 2-1 on Thursday and keep alive their hopes of reaching the 2018 World Cup finals in Russia as they moved into third-place in the 10-team South American qualifying group.

    The top four teams qualify automatically for Russia with the fifth-placed side facing Oceania champions New Zealand in a two-legged play-off.

    With just one game remaining, Brazil are the only South American side to have guaranteed their spot, with Chile, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay and Peru all dependent on results in Tuesday’s final round of matches.

    Copa America champions Chile have perhaps the toughest task in their final match, against Brazil in Sao Paulo. The five-times world champions have never lost a World Cup qualifier at home. Reuters

    Uruguay failed to break down Venezuela in a 0-0 draw and must wait until Tuesday to seal what looks a certain World Cup place.

    Óscar Tabárez’s team are second in the South American round-robin group with 28 points, behind only already qualified Brazil. Uruguay could secure their place in Russia when the latest round of Conmebol qualifiers is completed.

    Despite the presence of Barcelona’s Luis Suárez and Edinson Cavani in their starting line-up, Uruguay were held to a stalemate in San Cristobal that confirmed their hosts will finish bottom of the 10-team group.

    Lampe shines to shut out Brazil

    Brazil remained 10 points clear at the top of South American qualifying despite a 0-0 draw with Bolivia in La Paz. Home goalkeeper Carlos Lampe was the man of the match after denying Neymar three times at the Hernando Siles Stadium.

    Both sides hit the woodwork in a lively encounter – Bolivia at the end of the first half and the visitors in the second. Bolivia have already been eliminated but both sides will play a significant role in the final round; Brazil host Chile on Tuesday, while Bolivia travel to Montevideo to face Uruguay. AP

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...uela-stalemate


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  007 - Live Football Scores, Fixtures & Results I Goal.com - http___www.goal.com_en_live-scores.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  59.8 KB


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  35. #35
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    522
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Saw the Argentina vs Peru game. Argentina dominated the game but just could not score. They had so many chances. It's really sad to see them struggling so much.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    5,803
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

    Last edited by MenInG; 8th October 2017 at 20:12.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Lithuania - 0 England 1

    Harry Kane 27 pen

    England have qualified


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  39. #39
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ecuador V Argentina will be a huge game. I think tonight Messi will show up and win it for Argentina. Can't imagine him or Argentina not in the World Cup.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    4,406
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Ecuador V Argentina will be a huge game. I think tonight Messi will show up and win it for Argentina. Can't imagine him or Argentina not in the World Cup.
    It's Not tonight.


    Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    So that's what all the yelling and shouting was about!


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  43. #43
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Commentator after Congo's goal 'haram, haram, haram' #nobias


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    It's Not tonight.
    Yes my bad, Wednesday.

    Congratulations to Egypt for qualifying first time since 1990. If I can recall they played England then.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  46. #46
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,481
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Australia scrape through 2-1 against 10 man Syria in extra time, both their goals were headers (what else!) by 38 year old Cahill....

    Syria done a lot to be proud, they are easily among the top 5/6 in Asia, and it is ironic that before the war, they were barely in the top 10 or even 15 in Asia

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,109
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Watching Portugal vs Switzerland. You watching any game @MMHS?

  48. #48
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,351
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Watching Portugal vs Switzerland. You watching any game @MMHS?
    I am - 2/3 together

  49. #49
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,351
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    France through, CR (Portugal) as well.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  51. #51
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    5,672
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Messi's hat-trick grabs the spot for Argentina

    Netherlands - OUT

    Chile - OUT

    USA - OUT

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,481
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as we talk about big teams deserving to miss out if they don't play well, a world cup without Argentina would just have not been the same. Holland is a big miss as wel, but they missed out in 2002.

    the only teams which have played every single world cup since 1986 are Brazil, Argentina, Korea, Germany, Spain, and Italy. US was in that category as well but sadly they fell short this time.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    708
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sumptuous from messi...that was one hell of a hatrick infact one of the most important he scored in his carrier

    Feel sorry to bale and wales....they ranked 13th in the world rankings and they are the current euro semifinalists but still failed to get a place in world cup,the same happens to copa winners chile too

    All these proves how hard is to even get into world cup final 32

  54. #54
    Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    1,481
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wales have themselves to blame; they were in one of the easier groups. You had groups with France and Holland in them, and Spain and Italy, and then you had mickey mouse groups like the one with Belgium and Poland.

    I mean how on earth was one of Poland, Denmark or Romania a top seed?

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was correct Messi turned up with a great performance to take Argentina in the world cup. It's one of the weakest Argentinian sides to ever make the world cup but with such a great player , anything is possible. Maradona did the same in 86, can Messi emulate him?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    36,031
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gutted that the USA didn't make it. They are always entertaining in World Cups.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  58. #58
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    483
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senegal qualify.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,109
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MMHS are you watching Italy vs Sweden?

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Italy are out


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,351
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @MMHS are you watching Italy vs Sweden?
    Was extremely busy today, but kept eye on Sky sports' commentary. One of the major title contender is out Teams like Italy can raise their game in the business end of WC/Euro, which teams like Sweden can't. But, in recent times, Italy is struggling in competition football.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    5,672
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend786 View Post
    Messi's hat-trick grabs the spot for Argentina

    Netherlands - OUT

    Chile - OUT

    USA - OUT
    Italy - OUT

    What a pity, seeing Buffon cry was painful.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,109
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Was extremely busy today, but kept eye on Sky sports' commentary. One of the major title contender is out Teams like Italy can raise their game in the business end of WC/Euro, which teams like Sweden can't. But, in recent times, Italy is struggling in competition football.

    Watched the game, Italy were slightly unlucky but Sweden defended well.

    Current Italian team lacks quality to go far in WC. Need to rebuild for 2020 Euro.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Was extremely busy today, but kept eye on Sky sports' commentary. One of the major title contender is out Teams like Italy can raise their game in the business end of WC/Euro, which teams like Sweden can't. But, in recent times, Italy is struggling in competition football.
    Italy were nowhere near in contention for the World cup, they were poor in the Euro's. No attacking flair but yes sad to see them crash out and do they raise their game but deserved not to qualify.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  65. #65
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,351
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Italy were nowhere near in contention for the World cup, they were poor in the Euro's. No attacking flair but yes sad to see them crash out and do they raise their game but deserved not to qualify.
    Their Cachanattio style is getting obsolete, mainly because of lack of quality in back line, particularly WB. These KO qualifiers were tailor made for a team like Italy - win 1-0 at home & kick around for 90 minutes to end it 0-0 away. 20 years back Italy had a back line of Maldini, Nesta, Canevaro & Zambrota, on top of that they played 451, with 1 man linking the back 4 and 3 flat mid fielders. And, they could trap off-side with inch perfection.

    Recently, despite having Gigi at goal, Italy is conceding too many goals - may be, now the time has come that they should start rethinking of their football philosophy. This current coaches are not going to do that - Senor Sachhi is 71, and Lippi is 69, not sure if they are active now (Lippi is probably in China), but Arigo Sachhi can do it.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Their Cachanattio style is getting obsolete, mainly because of lack of quality in back line, particularly WB. These KO qualifiers were tailor made for a team like Italy - win 1-0 at home & kick around for 90 minutes to end it 0-0 away. 20 years back Italy had a back line of Maldini, Nesta, Canevaro & Zambrota, on top of that they played 451, with 1 man linking the back 4 and 3 flat mid fielders. And, they could trap off-side with inch perfection.

    Recently, despite having Gigi at goal, Italy is conceding too many goals - may be, now the time has come that they should start rethinking of their football philosophy. This current coaches are not going to do that - Senor Sachhi is 71, and Lippi is 69, not sure if they are active now (Lippi is probably in China), but Arigo Sachhi can do it.
    Carlo Ancelotti is now available, surely he should get a chance to manage Italy. He can set up the foundation for years to come even though Italy might not win the Euro's under him.

    I agree with your assessment of the back line but am also disappointed with their attack in recent years. There seems to be no pace or vision, Pirlo was the last great midfield creative player. Whats also surprising is their club teams esp Napoli are really becoming great sides again.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  67. #67
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,351
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Carlo Ancelotti is now available, surely he should get a chance to manage Italy. He can set up the foundation for years to come even though Italy might not win the Euro's under him.

    I agree with your assessment of the back line but am also disappointed with their attack in recent years. There seems to be no pace or vision, Pirlo was the last great midfield creative player. Whats also surprising is their club teams esp Napoli are really becoming great sides again.
    Carlo has a tendency to buy out of trouble - an option not available in International football. But, he is indeed one of the best tactician of the game.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,109
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Carlo has a tendency to buy out of trouble - an option not available in International football. But, he is indeed one of the best tactician of the game.

    What about Conte returning?

    I think Italy may need to look for a manager outside of Italy.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    8,582
    Mentioned
    2022 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Gutted. Absolutely gutted


    See You Space Cowboy....

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Gutted. Absolutely gutted
    Did you watch the game? How did it end up such a mauling?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  71. #71
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,717
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    67,126
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    The African contingent looks very strong this time around.



  73. #73
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    8,582
    Mentioned
    2022 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Did you watch the game? How did it end up such a mauling?
    Baffling substitutions left us with a single midfielder and some sort of 4-1-5 formation. With a world class Eriksen with the entire pitch to himself it was beyond easy. That and after the third goal entire team naturally enough just fell apart.


    See You Space Cowboy....

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    26,697
    Mentioned
    347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Baffling substitutions left us with a single midfielder and some sort of 4-1-5 formation. With a world class Eriksen with the entire pitch to himself it was beyond easy. That and after the third goal entire team naturally enough just fell apart.
    It's a real shame, I thought Ireland would qualify. Irish fans are amongst the best in the world, bring a lot of colour and enterainment to such big events. Unlucky mate.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  75. #75
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    5,672
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Peru qualifies for the first time since 1982

  76. #76
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    17,351
    Mentioned
    1231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Peru is the last team - a bit lucky for 3 awarded points from a 2-0 loss (Bolivia playing an ineligible player), otherwise Chile would have qualified.

    Italy, Holland, USA, Chile, Ivory Coast, Cameroon are probably the highest profile casualties.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    84,109
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=...24172470435004

    With Peru completing the line-up of 32 teams for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™, we now know the seeding pots for the Final Draw on 1 December.

    It was confirmed in September, by the Organising Committee for FIFA Competitions, that all teams will be allocated to (eight-team) pots 1 to 4 based on sporting principles. The October 2017 edition of the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking will be used to allocate all qualified teams to the four pots according to their ranking in descending order, after hosts Russia, who take the top seeding spot.

    With those factors in mind, here are the final pots for the Final Draw:

    POT 1 POT 2 POT 3 POT 4
    Russia Spain Denmark Serbia
    Germany Peru Iceland Nigeria
    Brazil Switzerland Costa Rica Australia
    Portugal England Sweden Japan
    Argentina Colombia Tunisia Morocco
    Belgium Mexico Egypt Panama
    Poland Uruguay Senegal Korea Republic
    France Croatia Iran Saudi Arabia


    It is worth remembering that the principle of drawing the teams into the groups will remain unchanged. This means that no teams from the same confederation, with the exception of UEFA, which could have up to two teams in the same group, will be drawn into the same group.

    The Final Draw will take place on Friday 1 December at Moscow’s State Kremlin Palace.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •