Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 161 to 240 of 369
  1. #161
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,413
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakpassfan View Post
    scratch that I said 450, Aus will score 600..innings defeat looms for you
    I still will say the same - if they can score 600, should win by innings. But, let them score first.

  2. #162
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,413
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Tough day for us- 52/4 with bat & 225/2 with ball. Still there is 80 runs gap & we must have to get AUS 5 down before the deficit is over. Won't be easy to save the Test, unless it rains.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    9,156
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Beautiful Day of Test Cricket



    Looking forward to an emphatic Australian win Inshallah.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    517
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia have done the hard work. On the third day they need to pile on the runs. It has been a great test match so far. The team that shows better stomach for fight will prevail, as it should be. At present Australia seem to be in the driver's seat.

  5. #165
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    19,884
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Steve Smith really is something special

    I have been watching cricket for almost 2 decades now and I have never yet seen someone with so much guts and sheer will power to bat against the odds in all conditions and be consistent

    What a superstar! #respect


    #MPGA

  6. #166
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    517
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve Smith has been dismissed. It is Warner who is playing a gem of a knock.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    9,156
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Steve Smith really is something special

    I have been watching cricket for almost 2 decades now and I have never yet seen someone with so much guts and sheer will power to bat against the odds in all conditions and be consistent

    What a superstar! #respect
    Azhar, although not as much regarded in World cricket as Smith, I believe also is in the same mold. Players like Smith just make things happen out of pure grit. I still remember how we all mocked him when he first burst out onto the scenes. What an emphatic turn around this man did on his career !!

    Beautiful to say the least.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    994
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aus in a solid position now......
    Some early strikes and Bangladesh would be back in the game....


    SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

  9. #169
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    3,615
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    80-20 in favor of Australia.

  10. #170
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,966
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Azhar, although not as much regarded in World cricket as Smith, I believe also is in the same mold. Players like Smith just make things happen out of pure grit. I still remember how we all mocked him when he first burst out onto the scenes. What an emphatic turn around this man did on his career !!

    Beautiful to say the least.
    They're not in the same mould. Smith as awkward as he is has great hand-eye coordination. Unlike Azhar, he does not rely purely on grit and determination to score runs.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    6,159
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Azhar, although not as much regarded in World cricket as Smith, I believe also is in the same mold. Players like Smith just make things happen out of pure grit. I still remember how we all mocked him when he first burst out onto the scenes. What an emphatic turn around this man did on his career !!

    Beautiful to say the least.
    Agree.

    I believe if Azhar can score runs in South Africa next year, his stocks should rise.

    Has scored everywhere else.


    Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

  12. #172
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,966
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Australia need to bring in Bancroft. He's a far superior technician than Renshaw.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,278
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Australia need to bring in Bancroft. He's a far superior technician than Renshaw.
    Not impressed with Renshaw? I think the kid is gritty with solid temperament.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,585
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This Aussie side has the same capability to collapse as it does to stamp their authority on the match. It's far from over.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  15. #175
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    271
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I have learned over the years. Aus is the only team you never ever lower your guard against them. They are the toughest people and will not go down easily even if they play with their weakest team.

  16. #176
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    13,740
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Aussies are the toughest cookies they should never be understimated. They have competed well in thereat 5 games in Asia. Warners efforts in this game sum up there toughness.

    I think if they can get a 150 plus lead, with no more rain they should win this game.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    1,452
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many matches are in this test series?

  18. #178
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,556
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    how many matches are in this test series?
    No more match after this.
    Last edited by idrizzy; 5th September 2017 at 18:01.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,556
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't lost hope yet.Bangladesh still have chance to be back in the game.But they have to show determination and character.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Seattle, WA
    Runs
    143
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    This Aussie side has the same capability to collapse as it does to stamp their authority on the match. It's far from over.
    Exactly. An early wicket in the morning can start a collapse.

  21. #181
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    616
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    Smith just got his double hundred.
    A fifty aint that bad. If this was a 4 test series he would've gotten one definitely.

  22. #182
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,966
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Not impressed with Renshaw? I think the kid is gritty with solid temperament.
    Bancroft is better. You will understand when you see him. It doesn't mean you throw away Renshaw but he has glaring technical deficiencies at this stage.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,278
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Bancroft is better. You will understand when you see him. It doesn't mean you throw away Renshaw but he has glaring technical deficiencies at this stage.
    Will look forward to Bancroft.

    Renshaw seems level headed individual with grit, At such young age I think he should be able to overcome technical glitches with some adjustments (the weaknesses will be exposed by quality oppositions).

  24. #184
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,966
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One thing I love about the Aussies. They always play their best batsmen in the top 4 in descending order regardless of the strength of their team. They will lose or win relying on their best. You will never see them hiding their best players. It's always great to see Warner and Smith always soak up the pressure and take control from the fall of first wicket and not leaving it up to lesser players.

    I hope we continue to give Babar the time he needs at 3 and not hide him at 4 like England and India do with their batsmen.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    I haven't lost hope yet.Bangladesh still have chance to be back in the game.But they have to show determination and character.
    Cheap words, you can only draw this test from here. Bangla lost the opportunity to win with their poor bowling & bad fielding. Aus scored at a much faster rate than you, should tell you all that needs to be said.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    1,324
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    Cheap words, you can only draw this test from here. Bangla lost the opportunity to win with their poor bowling & bad fielding. Aus scored at a much faster rate than you, should tell you all that needs to be said.
    It's Test cricket. One bad session can lose you the match. Or one exceptional one can win it. I've eaten my hat after thinking WI had no chance of a win in the second test vs England after day 4. Don't do the same

  27. #187
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    It's Test cricket. One bad session can lose you the match. Or one exceptional one can win it. I've eaten my hat after thinking WI had no chance of a win in the second test vs England after day 4. Don't do the same
    Oh I'd be elated if Aus fall down to 6 in the test rankings, realistically though it;s not more than 0.1% chance of that happening. Remember this is the same team that celebrated a win before the last over was completed in the WT20 against us, unlike WI I;ve not seen Bangladesh come from behind to win a test.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,556
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    Oh I'd be elated if Aus fall down to 6 in the test rankings, realistically though it;s not more than 0.1% chance of that happening. Remember this is the same team that celebrated a win before the last over was completed in the WT20 against us, unlike WI I;ve not seen Bangladesh come from behind to win a test.
    Remember England was 105/0 chasing 272 against us? Bangladeshi bowlers rapped them up for 164.

    Only a collapse was needed to come back in this match against Australia.Though difficult,but not impossible. In the first test Bangladesh did it in the Australian 2nd innings

  29. #189
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    9,156
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rain Saving the Day.......Again

    Them feels of the SA tour

  30. #190
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    616
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Rain Saving the Day.......Again

    Them feels of the SA tour
    If this match is drawn, Australia will lose the series

  31. #191
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainul View Post
    Remember England was 105/0 chasing 272 against us? Bangladeshi bowlers rapped them up for 164.

    Only a collapse was needed to come back in this match against Australia.Though difficult,but not impossible. In the first test Bangladesh did it in the Australian 2nd innings
    On a track turning square, remind us what happens on flat tracks like this one?

  32. #192
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    On a track turning square, remind us what happens on flat tracks like this one?
    The match against England was not a square turner. In the 2nd innings BD scores 290 and England were 100/0

    Match against Australia was a square turner tho

  33. #193
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,966
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If these two can push Australia to 300, it will be incredibly difficult for Bangladesh to come back. That's all they should be thinking about. 75 more runs without losing a wicket and they'll gain the mental edge to boss this match.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    The match against England was not a square turner. In the 2nd innings BD scores 290 and England were 100/0

    Match against Australia was a square turner tho
    I watched the game, most of it, & it did turn square, maybe not from ball one but certainly in the last innings.

    That doesn;t tell you much does it?

  35. #195
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    I watched the game, most of it, & it did turn square, maybe not from ball one but certainly in the last innings.

    That doesn;t tell you much does it?
    It was definitely a spin friendly wicket but not a square turner. A square turner was the first match between eng and BD. That was a square turner, the ball started turning from the first ball literally.

    The reality was that England batted really poorly against our bowling which was disciplined and BD batted poorly in the first innings to go from 180/1 to 240 allout.

    BD will do well on square Turners and comparatively sporty pitches. As for flat tracks, we need Batsmen who have temperament for scoring big runs. We have Litton who is in the bench and Mosaddek who is out with eye problem.

    Management didn't expect the wicket to be this flat. The wicket is actually pretty slow which doesn't help the pacers and the spinners can be played with ease. Doesn't help our spinners and doesn't help pacers. Fizz and Cummins looked good when the ball was hard but afterwards became ineffective.

    Bangladesh will rue the fact they lost too many wicket early

  36. #196
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    396
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    I watched the game, most of it, & it did turn square, maybe not from ball one but certainly in the last innings.

    That doesn;t tell you much does it?
    Most subcontinent tracks offer a lot of turn on the final day. This is nothing unique.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    It was definitely a spin friendly wicket but not a square turner. A square turner was the first match between eng and BD. That was a square turner, the ball started turning from the first ball literally.

    The reality was that England batted really poorly against our bowling which was disciplined and BD batted poorly in the first innings to go from 180/1 to 240 allout.

    BD will do well on square Turners and comparatively sporty pitches. As for flat tracks, we need Batsmen who have temperament for scoring big runs. We have Litton who is in the bench and Mosaddek who is out with eye problem.

    Management didn't expect the wicket to be this flat. The wicket is actually pretty slow which doesn't help the pacers and the spinners can be played with ease. Doesn't help our spinners and doesn't help pacers. Fizz and Cummins looked good when the ball was hard but afterwards became ineffective.

    Bangladesh will rue the fact they lost too many wicket early
    Yeah that was the first test, England did get played by one too many straighter ones in the second.

    This pitch is flatter still, you'll need a lot of luck to get out of this hole, unless it rains or pours

  38. #198
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuts_and_cuts_hard View Post
    Most subcontinent tracks offer a lot of turn on the final day. This is nothing unique.
    So, what's your point, did the pitch not assist Bangladesh at all, like this test?

  39. #199
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    21,819
    Mentioned
    4157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Warner is slightly underrated, I know he didn't have the best series in Lanka/India but I recall him being one of the best Aussie batsman in the UAE when conditions were tricky for them, generally I'd have him in the top 3 when it comes to best Aussie batsman against spin now that doesn't necessarily mean that he is a spin specialist but comparing him relative to his team mates

    @MMHS what are the chances of a BD win or draw ?
    Last edited by hadi123; 6th September 2017 at 13:38.


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  40. #200
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    6,864
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is definitely missing Khawaja!!!!!! Cartwright looks 10 time better than him

  41. #201
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    9,156
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What a Stupid Shot by Cartwright

  42. #202
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3 wickets for fizz. Could have been 4. All with conventional deliveries. Fizz still is a top bowler. His only bad outing was the CT

  43. #203
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh back in the game. Australia leading by 41 runs.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last 3 will take the lead to 150 and that will be it for Bangladesh.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    6,864
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is back in the game. Tamim, Mominul and Sakib will not fail twice so most likely it will be another whitewash.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2 more wickets needed. Hope the lead isn't more than 80/90

  47. #207
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    978
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Bangladesh is back in the game. Tamim, Mominul and Sakib will not fail twice so most likely it will be another whitewash.
    Another whitewash? When was the last time bangladesh whitewashed a top team in tests?

  48. #208
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    925
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Bangladesh is back in the game. Tamim, Mominul and Sakib will not fail twice so most likely it will be another whitewash.
    As if they are the second coming of Sobers, Bradman, Lara lol.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeCrusher2 View Post
    Another whitewash? When was the last time bangladesh whitewashed a top team in tests?
    I think he meant whitewash for Australia.

  50. #210
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    2,898
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are doomed with Australian 100 runs lead


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    6,864
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why so much tuktuking? Australia would score more if they attack

  52. #212
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    We are doomed with Australian 100 runs lead
    We were doomed when Australia were running away in the second innings of the last match

  53. #213
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    2,093
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangla need to wrap this up asap. Huge huge in for the game now bowling last. Anyone local there? What's weather like?

  54. #214
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,585
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This is some collapse by Australia, again.

    Inevitable to say the least.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  55. #215
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia's middle order is pretty much non existent

  56. #216
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We missed an opportunity to win a series against a top side by not scoring par score (380 runs) in the first innings ! The wicket is deteriorating quickly and a first inning lead of 80 runs will make the difference.

    I really don't see us scoring around 280 runs in the second inning on this 4th day pitch to give the Aussies a target of 200 runs to win the match!

  57. #217
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    2,898
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @MMHS what are the chances of a BD win or draw ?
    50% chance of win


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  58. #218
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,098
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmm if Aus can somehow climb to 400 then that will look daunting somewhat, then Aus can look to attack with their bowlers and get a win here.

  59. #219
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    2,898
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Australia's middle order is pretty much non existent
    they have strong tail ender to make up


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  60. #220
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    2,898
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wasimjunior View Post
    Bangla need to wrap this up asap. Huge huge in for the game now bowling last. Anyone local there? What's weather like?
    dry and hot


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  61. #221
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,556
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wicket has deteriorated.Ball is turning.Lead of 80 is very handy here. I don't think that Bangladesh can score 300 in the second innings.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,556
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    they have strong tail ender to make up
    Bangladeshi tailenders are literally tailenders.Last 4 wickets can't collect more than 30.

  63. #223
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    65-35 in favor of Australia although if Bangladesh can sneak in a good lead I think it will be tough for Australia in the 4th innings

  64. #224
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,556
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephaniah View Post
    We missed an opportunity to win a series against a top side by not scoring par score (380 runs) in the first innings ! The wicket is deteriorating quickly and a first inning lead of 80 runs will make the difference.

    I really don't see us scoring around 280 runs in the second inning on this 4th day pitch to give the Aussies a target of 200 runs to win the match!
    If Bangladesh can give a target of 220 then match is ours.But Australia has done their job by taking 71 runs lead with 1 wicket left.Bangladesh is supposed to be 71/ 3
    So, literally Bangladesh will be 1/3 when they take 1 run lead.

  65. #225
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,556
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    65-35 in favor of Australia although if Bangladesh can sneak in a good lead I think it will be tough for Australia in the 4th innings
    Agree.Lyon will run havoc in deteriorating pitch in the 2nd innings. Australia is favorite here if rain doesn't hamper.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,413
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @MMHS what are the chances of a BD win or draw ?
    Unless it rains further probably better chance of winning than the match ending in draw. Officially still 196 overs possible with AUS likely to get around 80-100 lead, with still over 2 days (180+ overs) left. They are behind, so whatever target is set in whichever rate, Aussies will go for that, which probably takes draw out of the equation in uninterrupted match.

    Having said that, they are actually well ahead. Even if we can manage the lead below 75, it'll take a better batting approach to reach 305 2nd time, which I think is bare minimum requirement. Chance - may be 60-30-10 in favour of AUS-BD-Draw, as of now; but picture will be clear after lunch tmro.

  67. #227
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    16,413
    Mentioned
    1078 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Like England, they should start Test matches on Thursday. It's going to end in another fantastic Test, but it's not possible to manage 4 working days with 2/3 hours sleep. I missed tonight (both cricket & sound sleep), and probably won't be able to keep eyes open tonight either😜

  68. #228
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty pleased by our fighting spirit. Even when the match seems beyond our grasp we have clawed our way back into the game multiple times and on several occasions win it. Usually in the past we would let the game slip

  69. #229
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    2,316
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good fightback by BD. Hope they win the series. One batsman has to play a big innings.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  70. #230
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nathan Lyon bowled very accurately in the first innings. If he does the same in our 2nd innings then I guess we would not be able to survive more than 60 to 70 overs in this pitch which is deteriorating very quickly and will not be able to score more than 220. In that case the Aussies will get an target of 140 runs to score in 80 overs. They will win by 3 wickets probably.

    On the other hand if the Aussie spinners bowl like the way our spinners did yesterday and today (to some extend) and drop catches like we did today then we will be able to survive 90 to 100 overs which will help us to give them a target of 200 to 220 to score in last 2 sessions (60 overs) of the match. Only in such scenario we will be able to avoid defeat.

    70-30 to Australia to level the series at this point of time.

    But this match will be a draw due to rain.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    2,898
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasir Hossain's today's hilarious act...
    50d6f2e1dea98a585ae323a777810472-59aff1d1a71e6.jpg


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  72. #232
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I'm pretty pleased by our fighting spirit. Even when the match seems beyond our grasp we have clawed our way back into the game multiple times and on several occasions win it. Usually in the past we would let the game slip
    You mean you spilled half a dozen chances which would've put you squarely on top?

  73. #233
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    You mean you spilled half a dozen chances which would've put you squarely on top?
    What's your point?

  74. #234
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    2,898
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game is on...


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  75. #235
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,373
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    You mean you spilled half a dozen chances which would've put you squarely on top?
    You let the game slip, it was yours for the taking for a large part of this innings. Now from hereon, Aus are the favorites to win, draw the second most likely result.

  76. #236
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    You let the game slip, it was yours for the taking for a large part of this innings. Now from hereon, Aus are the favorites to win, draw the second most likely result.
    Australia batted well credit to them. We did struggle but somehow clawed back into contention of a positive result

  77. #237
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    167
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Australia batted well credit to them. We did struggle but somehow clawed back into contention of a positive result
    had it been a 20-30 run lead, game would have been stil 50/50 but 70+ lead and still one wicket left, it's aus game to loose from here on.

  78. #238
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    3,615
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia don't have very good record at chasing. So if BD can give them a target of 200+ then they would have a decent chance. But in order to that they will have to score close to 300 in the third inning?

    Is it likely ?

  79. #239
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    13,479
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    had it been a 20-30 run lead, game would have been stil 50/50 but 70+ lead and still one wicket left, it's aus game to loose from here on.
    No doubt Australia are ahead.

    But if we have good first session tomorrow the tide could shift in our favor. like I said we need to play better cricket tomorrow. We reduced them from 250/2 to 377/9 which means they have a vulnerable lower order.

    Bat 100+ overs

  80. #240
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    231
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really disappointing Test by BANG. First too many threw their wickets away to stock balls, others didn't cash in and now AUS lead by 72. Really hope they get the last one on the first ball tomorrow, because this lead has already put AUS in the driver's seat.

    Good news is that there’s scattered thunderstorms pretty much through the next two days.

    No weather interruptions, last wicket wrapped up, BANG score 3 an over, 300 odd end of Day 4, lead by 230. If knocked over at the end of tomorrow, AUS have 3 sessions to score 230.

    Problem is, BANG scoring 300 is possible but unlikely.

    Warner and co. can chase 230. They've batted a lot better than the first Test, and in theory have a tail that's wagged very often to take games away from opposition.

    Otherwise, BANG bat 90 overs, forecast turns up being somewhat right, it’s a draw.

    No rain, and AUS will square the series. Rain and some discipline by BANG, and I and other BANG supporters will be dancing in front of the TV.

    WI and BANG winning series in the same week would be the best Test event in years.

    Go Tigers Go!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •