Pakistan’s seasoned allrounder, Shoaib Malik has termed the upcoming T20 series against the World XI ‘a huge opportunity’ for youngsters as they will get a chance to showcase their skills in front of their own crowd.

Pakistan is deprived of international cricket since 2009, where Sri Lankan team was attacked in Lahore.

“It is a huge opportunity for youngsters to play in front of their own people,” said Shoaib Malik while talking to media ahead of the Independence Cup.

Many youngsters, including Mohammad Amir, have not played international cricket in the country.

Shoaib Malik, who made his international debut in 1999, has played international cricket in Pakistan and knows how it feels to play on the home ground.

“I have played a bit of my cricket in Pakistan and I cannot describe the feeling of playing cricket at home,” he went on to say.

Malik further highlighted that performing in front of home crowd gives players instant stardom.

“When you perform at a neutral venue, it takes ten to fifteen matches to get the stardom, whereas, shining in front of own crowd gives you instant stardom,” he added.

Credit to PCB and cricketers

Malik also gave credit to the Pakistan Cricket Board for convincing some of the very prominent names of the world cricket to come and play in Pakistan.

“Many people questioned about the quality of cricketers that will feature the World XI and PCB has done a great job,” told Malik.

He also hailed the efforts of other cricketers who persuaded their fellow players to tour Pakistan as they felt safe in the country.

“Credit also goes to cricketers, some players asked their fellow cricketers and they tried to give a positive image of Pakistan, they communicated about the peace in Pakistan and how welcoming Pakistanis actually are,” he said.

The Independence Cup will commence from September 12. All three matches of the series will be played at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore.

https://arysports.tv/world-xi-tour-o...-shoaib-malik/