Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was he disrespected? If not, what is his problem? Anyways, it's his choice. But does give us a fair idea of his ego.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1358 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    He didnt like the way a ticket was just sent to him - guess wanted a phone call etc!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am starting to think that these cricketers get the right treatment from PCB. Retired Pakistani cricketers have to be the worst in the world.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Most of our ex cricketers are awful human beings

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    705 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Javed bhai you were given ample respect - multiple failed coaching tenures and then a cushy job with perks and privileges as PCB DG where you did nothing but sit and collect paycheck.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if it's PCB's loss. Foolish people.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB disrespecting so many of our legends by sending them invites

Really hope no more bezti is given to our legends such as naming grounds after them

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The effects of winning ct2017, attention shifted, people angry

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    I understand your argument for YK but why would Miandad be angry about that?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1084 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    There must be something wrong in the food that is prepared or the water that is offered at the PCB headquarters

Whoever goes through the PCB facilities (whether player, coach or administration) just loses their minds. I have never seen anyone go through our cricket system and emerge a better person or professional. Totally normal and sedate people end up getting in all sorts of trouble and performing mindless acts after being affiliated with Pakistan cricket.

Honestly where else in the world is there such a choice collection of 'superstars'?

I mean just look at it. Guys like Wasim Akram, Moin Khan, Rashid Latif, Aamir Sohail, perhaps Shoaib Malik etc are considered among the 'sane' voices. And ALL of them have had incidents and stories which would be a death knell in most other countries.

It really is baffling and something I have never figured out.

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    The Invincible Fort
    Runs
    Mentioned
    930 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Spilt milk everywhere..

Full credit to Micky Arthur for realizing Babar Azam was born to bat at 3 in all formats.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by j_kazmi View Post
    I understand your argument for YK but why would Miandad be angry about that?
    During the tournament him and Mohsin Khan revealed their disgust of the appointment of Mickey Arthur since he's a non-Pakistani and they went on to say even in the middle of the tournament he should be sacked.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My god, such crybabys seriously

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our ex cricketers are incredible. Most other retired athletes around the world look for ways to stay involved and give back to their teams and their countries. Our retired cricketers want statues built in their honor and entire country to grovel at their feet. Useless

Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I believe there was bitterness too associated with this current crop winning a "global" trophy (not exactly the WC but comes close) which takes the limelight of ex-cricketers and their achievements, or lack of.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like Younis khan, he enjoys to remain " Naraz" all the time.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    He didnt like the way a ticket was just sent to him - guess wanted a phone call etc!
    Ridiculous really.

I mean he could complain if he wasn't invited but this is just petty.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The man's ego has no bounds. Even for this rather emotional event he makes it all about himself.

Pathetic really.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like pak cricket is only about the former players, pcb management and media. Current players who actually play the game are in less light than the management and former players... these former players did nothing I mean absolutely nothing while in management and bagged hefty salaries while in pcb and now wants a red carpet welcome.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Maybe they gave the impression they didnt want him to attend or he had a paranoid moment
    give him benefit of doubt

Is Faisal Iqbal going?

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is like inviting old aunties to weddings.

Bulaye, tho problem.
    Na bulaye tho bhi problem.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    There must be something wrong in the food that is prepared or the water that is offered at the PCB headquarters

Whoever goes through the PCB facilities (whether player, coach or administration) just loses their minds. I have never seen anyone go through our cricket system and emerge a better person or professional. Totally normal and sedate people end up getting in all sorts of trouble and performing mindless acts after being affiliated with Pakistan cricket.

Honestly where else in the world is there such a choice collection of 'superstars'?

I mean just look at it. Guys like Wasim Akram, Moin Khan, Rashid Latif, Aamir Sohail, perhaps Shoaib Malik etc are considered among the 'sane' voices. And ALL of them have had incidents and stories which would be a death knell in most other countries.

^^ The answer is in your question.

The folks were never great people or exhibited professionalism in the first place. They were just good cricketers who could win matches for their country and hence had employment with the PCB.

Imran Khan might be an exception due to his education and political career but even he he has said some stupid stuff over the years i.e. foreign PSL players being pateechar

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How Miandad wanted the invitation to be delivered to him:

How it was actually delivered to him:

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idrizzy View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I believe there was bitterness too associated with this current crop winning a "global" trophy (not exactly the WC but comes close) which takes the limelight of ex-cricketers and their achievements, or lack of.
    I don't understand this argument either. Wasim, Waqar, Moin, Miandad, IK, Aamer Sohail etc. were all part of the 1992 WC winning team whilst YK, Razzaq, Kammy etc. won the 2009 World T20.

What do they have to complain about? Everyone knows their accomplishments and identifies them as legends yet they still complain and remain bitter.

The only person who I can understand (but not agree with) being bitter is MoYo due to him being a scapegoat for Sydney 2010 and being sacked from the team unceremoniously in 2010. He deserved better although he made some made bad choices himself e.g. conspiring against Malik, joining ICL etc.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Petty.

Why make it all about yourself?

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Besides Misbah.

Only God can judge me so I'm gone, either love me or leave me alone.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Akmal was right all along. He must have drunk that water.

On a serious note, Misbah, Azhar, and Asad have been exemplary.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on him and just as I expected him to do.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Javed Miandad is acting like that phupoo who never feels respected enough and has to be given a red carpet entry with multiple pictures with the bride and the groom, camera on her all the time, and some leftover shadi food to take home for her to accept the invitation of the wedding..

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB has pretty much disrespected any and all prominent players over the decades.

The epitome of unprofessional behavior

I'd be surprised if any former players show up

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coy0607 View Post
    PCB has pretty much disrespected any and all prominent players over the decades.

The epitome of unprofessional behavior

I'd be surprised if any former players show up
    Same PCB Miandad has worked as Director General under

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is one of those former cricketers always moaning about something. Seems he, Mohsin Khan, Amir Sohail and Mo yousaf amongst others want the PCB to beg them all the time. After their Cricketing career is over these guy's have no plan B. They don't know what to do with their lives afterwards other then pick fights with the PCB or each other.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kia draamaybaazi hai yar?Ridiculous.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    most of the ex pakistani cricketers are a bunch of egomaniac and hypocrite fools

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    I am starting to think that these cricketers get the right treatment from PCB. Retired Pakistani cricketers have to be the worst in the world.
    Don't know why they have so much ego to digest. Can't even accept an invitation where cricket is returning to the country after a decade nearly.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be attending on his own if he think PCB isn't respecting him.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Was he disrespected? If not, what is his problem? Anyways, it's his choice. But does give us a fair idea of his ego.
    he isnt being given 80 k USD a year for doing nothing anymore, hence that means he is being disrespected

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967